• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

I can't see Oghre making it. I expect our hooker options to be George, Dan and on of LCD or (preferably) Langdon. I like Oghre, I just don't see him making it at test level. Blamire, Blake and Riley can feel hard done by to have been left out. Walker less so.

Atkinson surely doesn't tour barring injury to Ford or the Smiths.

The rest all have a pretty decent shout IMO.

Oghre is pretty ****

No top 4 sides so not reading too much into it

I've quite enjoyed Oghre recently; he's definitely improving, but 6th choice is probably about where he's at (and he's obviously lost the 'player with potential' spot to Dan)

Can't quite see what a squad of 19 players is actually going to do, apart from individual skills and S+C. Maybe that's it, just a chance for some juicy data..?

I would have put Skinner into camp over Atkinson as I think the latter has not met the standard over the past few seasons
Its an odd 1 as i dont see Skinner as stepping up to England, i like the guy but he's just a good prem player imo. Ive not seen Atkinson much this season so cant say anything on comparison.

Honestly watching Friday Mercer really didn't help himself
Going Gloucester was his worse move

Yep.

But also quite clear he's not going to get a look in under SB for whatever reason. It is what it is, but it feels a waste of a talent and it wouldn't surprise me if he does look at other club, if not international, options.

Latest posts