PDA

View Full Version : Delasau punches rugby fan

Gavin
18-06-08, 03:23 PM
http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,...3706210,00.html (http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3551_3706210,00.html)

Vilimoni Delasau punched a 17 year old fan, Jeremaia Mudunaivalu, after he thought the young man was trying to pickpocket him. Delasau paid out 24 as compensation to the Jeremaia, but the boy will have something to tell his friends, children and grandchildren.

Sir Speedy
18-06-08, 04:52 PM
Well, at least there was a reason for it, no matter how ridiculous. <_<

danny
18-06-08, 06:13 PM
I think Id be wanting more than 24 compo!

peppers07
18-06-08, 06:37 PM
What the f*** Trevor Brennan got a couple of years ban for punching a fan it ended his career

danny
18-06-08, 06:38 PM
What the f*** Trevor Brennan got a couple of years ban for punching a fan it ended his career
[/b]
Didnt he hit the kid about seven times for nothing, there is a difference.

Sir Speedy
18-06-08, 06:41 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t think it was a kid. Some fan was taking the **** after the game, allegedly, but that dosn&#39;t justify going into a brawl with him. Gareth Thomas also got a fine and temporary ban in the same incident but I don&#39;t think he was involved in the fight.

danny
18-06-08, 06:45 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t think it was a kid. Some fan was taking the **** after the game, allegedly, but that dosn&#39;t justify going into a brawl with him. Gareth Thomas also got a fine and temporary ban in the same incident but I don&#39;t think he was involved in the fight.
[/b][/quote]
It was before a game and it was a young lad who basically shouted some sort of abuse. Brennan was an asshole for reacting.

Sir Speedy
18-06-08, 06:50 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
It was before a game and it was a young lad who basically shouted some sort of abuse. Brennan was an asshole for reacting.
[/b][/quote]
I remember the Western Mail reporting that it was after the game - although my memory may not be so good.

danny
18-06-08, 06:59 PM
I don&#39;t think it was a kid. Some fan was taking the **** after the game, allegedly, but that dosn&#39;t justify going into a brawl with him. Gareth Thomas also got a fine and temporary ban in the same incident but I don&#39;t think he was involved in the fight.[/b]

It was before a game and it was a young lad who basically shouted some sort of abuse. Brennan was an asshole for reacting.[/b]

I remember the Western Mail reporting that it was after the game - although my memory may not be so good.[/b]
Ive just been told it was during a game and the fan was 25 and slagging off Brennans pub?????

Sir Speedy
18-06-08, 07:12 PM
Ive just been told it was during a game and the fan was 25 and slagging off Brennans pub?????
[/b]
Right. When you say "young lad", I assume you mean somebody my age. :P

TWM did report that the incident occured after the game. Dunno for what though. There&#39;s a picture somewhere of Brennan in the crowd stands and with his fist to the jaw of some guy.

Gavin
18-06-08, 07:26 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42477000/jpg/_42477893_brennan_punch.jpg

You mean this picture? He got right up onto the stands. I heard the fan was slagging off his mother.

Sir Speedy
18-06-08, 07:28 PM

You mean this picture? He got right up onto the stands. I heard the fan was slagging off his mother.
[/b]
Yep that&#39;s the one. Nice find. That dude doesn&#39;t look 25 either. :D

Cymro
18-06-08, 08:57 PM

[/b]

You be right about his mother being slagged off.

I wonder if Delasau incident has been blown out of proportion, is there pictures etc? If not then it could easily be exaggerated!

janco
19-06-08, 05:47 AM
The thing is that if you&#39;re a professional, you should not react like that on the field

peppers07
19-06-08, 01:18 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

No it wasnt a kid and he hit him once

Maccaweeny
19-06-08, 01:47 PM
It&#39;s a pretty soft judgement from the magistrate but then again it&#39;s not something really deserving of serious punishment.

Nonetheless, i&#39;m only 20 and i&#39;d only ever punch a seventeen year old under serious provocation. What does one prove by punching someone substantially smaller and younger than them?

A pretty odd reaction considering the guy was only seventeen. Especially when merely holding the dude would have sufficed if Delasau thought that he was a pick-pocket.

candybum
20-06-08, 12:49 AM
Nonetheless, i&#39;m only 20 and i&#39;d only ever punch a seventeen year old under serious provocation. What does one prove by punching someone substantially smaller and younger than them?

[/b]

Discipline which has been lacking from the provokers parents :P

Anditek
02-07-08, 10:08 AM
I&#39;m surprised to know the young chap even got up.

Chizzle
02-07-08, 12:46 PM
He&#39;s a mommy&#39;s boy =]