PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League World Cup Edition

St Helens RLFC
07-07-08, 01:46 PM
One of my many sources in the gaming world tells me that SIDHE are going to be releasing this in September:

Rugby League: 2008 World Cup Edition

I can't prove this yet but I wouldn't post it if I didn't think it was likely to be true. It certainly makes a lot of sense. This is NOT a next gen console edition.

sanzar
07-07-08, 03:33 PM
Not a next current gen console edition? ****, that sounds pretty stupid if you ask me... I mean, sure the current gen market for a RL game isn't huge, but at this point releasing it on previous gen consoles (which is what they are now) seems like it'd sell even less.

St Helens RLFC
07-07-08, 03:41 PM
Also heard a whisper RL3 is in development and that it will be next gen but I have absolutely nothing to back that up, I have some evidence for a world cup edition.

sanzar
07-07-08, 03:47 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder where the interest for this was sparked? I had begun to think that Sidhe and HES had abandoned the project.
Mind you, the game was No.1 in Aus for a fair while if I remember right, so it's bound to make some money (even if it'll never reach the heights of a FIFA or Madden title).

St Helens RLFC
07-07-08, 04:00 PM
I've a horrible feeling World Cup edition, if true, won't be an adequate step up from RL2.

sanzar
07-07-08, 04:36 PM
God I hope you're wrong Dan. RL2 was good fun for its novelty when it first came out, but I actually think I had more fun designing kits than actually playing the game... (I did make a couple nice kits there mind you - including the All Blacks, Wallabies and Srpingoks :) )

Bullitt
07-07-08, 04:37 PM
So long as the gameplay isn't as horribly disjointed as RL2, this can actually only mean good news.

jeffb
07-07-08, 05:27 PM
One of my many sources in the gaming world tells me that SIDHE are going to be releasing this in September:

Rugby League: 2008 World Cup Edition

I can't prove this yet but I wouldn't post it if I didn't think it was likely to be true. It certainly makes a lot of sense. This is NOT a next gen console edition.
[/b]

Bout feckin time. We need a new RL game

Fred187
07-07-08, 10:55 PM
Can we see your aforementioned evidence?

St Helens RLFC
07-07-08, 11:42 PM
Can we see your aforementioned evidence?

[/b]

No - the only evidence I have to give to anyone is a 100% track record with things I post. I only put up things that I am sure are right. The information has been given to me in good faith - I can't say who or why, just passing on what I have been told.

Cymro
07-07-08, 11:44 PM
Hmm if its true ill be waiting for RL3!

Radman
08-07-08, 05:50 AM
If true, I hope it shows some improvement in gameplay otherwise I may pass until RL3.

esoj
08-07-08, 08:01 AM
hmm not sure what to make of this. I do know SIDHE still have a ps2 version of speed racer to release but beyond that no clue what they are working on.

edit: I am trying to confirm this from a very reliable source very close to SIDHE

esoj
08-07-08, 08:40 AM
I have recieved confirmation from a very close source to SIDHE this is indeed true.

esoj
08-07-08, 08:56 AM
lol at rl2 forums where I created a thread for the plebs to share in the news.

esoj
08-07-08, 10:57 AM
semi-related

rumors of other sidhe projects are gripshift 2 and another movie based game.

St Helens RLFC
08-07-08, 12:31 PM
To be fair to SIDHE this is an ideal chance for them to make another Rugby League game. I hope they make good their chance and make some little tweaks to it to improve it.

I'm glad esoj can back me up but there was never any doubt what I was told was right. I just hope SIDHE work with their fans instead of against them as their PR with RL2 was nigh on catastrophic.

ak47
09-07-08, 02:27 AM
Well news would want to come quick as world cup is in October
Its gotto be next gen……..
Regardless if its crap I will put my hard earned on anything to help them make it better and evolve into a masterpiece
Next gen pls – my ps2 is under 1cm of dust – I am too lazy to trade it in
OMG – epic news

Kage
09-07-08, 06:24 AM
i was of that opinion AK47, buy it even if its not so crash hot to help them out, but these days i only have a 360 to play games on (my PC is as slow as a ballsack) so unless they release on original xbox and its backwards compatible (and its not released 6 months after PS2) i dont have that option.

Bullitt
09-07-08, 08:49 AM
Thinking about it overnight, I remembered about the Rugby 08 launch news, where nothing much filtered out until about 4 months before release. This could be good news perhaps?

esoj
09-07-08, 10:54 AM
Thinking about it overnight, I remembered about the Rugby 08 launch news, where nothing much filtered out until about 4 months before release. This could be good news perhaps? [/b]

Also a lot of SIDHE's resources have been pumped into speed racer recently so if they are indeed working on a league game they may not be able to put any pr resources into that just yet.

Bullitt
09-07-08, 04:00 PM
On a side note, Sidhes forum really does suck.

St Helens RLFC
09-07-08, 04:30 PM
Oh boy does it ever.

jeffb
09-07-08, 05:57 PM
On a side note, Sidhes forum really does suck. [/b]

Thats because its full of Aussies, Numpty's

Bullitt
09-07-08, 06:01 PM
Spamming numpies at that.

jeffb
09-07-08, 06:36 PM
Spamming numpies at that. [/b]

Yeah, noticed your comments on the forum ;)

St Helens RLFC
09-07-08, 07:16 PM
They were a pain when they came on here for RL2. Don't get me wrong you got the odd decent poster but the majority of them were right jabronis, including SIDHE employees who didn't like their product being criticised.

EDIT - Thanks esoj and jeffb for sticking up for TRF's reputation, it's appreciated.

jeffb
09-07-08, 07:28 PM
They were a pain when they came on here for RL2. Don't get me wrong you got the odd decent poster but the majority of them were right jabronis, including SIDHE employees who didn't like their product being criticised.

EDIT - Thanks esoj and jeffb for sticking up for TRF's reputation, it's appreciated.
[/b]

No probs mate, the SIDHE forum wouldn't too bad if it was not for the arrogant Aussies.

Jeff

St Helens RLFC
09-07-08, 07:35 PM
They can pan me all they want - if I didn't think it was true I wouldn't post it.

jeffb
09-07-08, 07:42 PM
They can pan me all they want - if I didn't think it was true I wouldn't post it. [/b]

He who laughs last, laughs longest ;)

St Helens RLFC
09-07-08, 08:03 PM
I'll leave them to it. I don't doubt my source one bit - but what is making me have a Metal gear Solid like question mark over my head is the time left before its expected.

The World Cup is in October - it's now July. Very thin timescales.

jeffb
09-07-08, 08:12 PM
I'll leave them to it. I don't doubt my source one bit - but what is making me have a Metal gear Solid like question mark over my head is the time left before its expected.

The World Cup is in October - it's now July. Very thin timescales. [/b]

That is a short time scale, give or take 4 months.

St Helens RLFC
09-07-08, 08:15 PM
I'm sure its been in development for a while if it exists - but it doesn't seem like they've given themselves a lot of time to announce and publicise it.

esoj
09-07-08, 09:52 PM

[/b]

no problem mate it's the least I could do since the likes of yourself locksley and knowsely have provided so much info before these games have come out even if at times we haven't always agreed.

I am fairly confident SIDHE is working on something perhaps we may not see it this year though maybe early next after the world cup and just as the nrl/esl seasons start. remember they did pump out speed racer in 10 months and with rl2 for better or worse they do have something to work off in terms of an engine etc.

ak47
10-07-08, 01:54 AM
the sidhe forums are full of kids
it does appear as though HES have gagged Sidhe from any PR
perhaps the conclusion was made any suggestions made in the sidhe forums created errornous programming and now just getting it done how they think
too many suggestions from idiots on sidhe forums took away from the fundamentals of controlling the damn player with the footy - they are on ice skates FFS

woosaah
10-07-08, 02:09 AM
yeah the only way i would be getting this game is if its on PC. it will probably suck as much at RL2 as i didnt enjoy that at all. And I was really looking foward to that.

I'd get it and then if i hate it take it back.

If it was on ps3 then it would be a no brainer.

esoj
10-07-08, 04:46 AM
yep it seems mums the word at the moment from SIDHE and they keep pointing back to a thread about where HES are the ones that actually have the rights and discussions are ongoing or something. so if HES are indeed calling the shots could definitely be why we aren't hearing anything official yet even if something is in developement.

bazdev
11-07-08, 11:37 AM
i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops.

Bullitt
11-07-08, 12:08 PM
i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops. [/b]

Ya think?

I give you a months, using Woosahs editor, to convert Rugby 08s World Cup Mode to the 03 tournament. That includes changing stadia, kits, squads, pools and teams.

I bet it's not that easy.

bazdev
11-07-08, 12:42 PM
<div class='quotemain'> i reckon it will be exactly the same game with updated teams and kits and real world cup groups and schedule - It will take a month to do tops. [/b]

Ya think?

I give you a months, using Woosahs editor, to convert Rugby 08s World Cup Mode to the 03 tournament. That includes changing stadia, kits, squads, pools and teams.

I bet it&#39;s not that easy.
[/b][/quote]

It would be for the game programmers/developers. They wouldnt be using an unofficial editor. Most of if not all the stadiums will already be in the game and the kits dont take as long as u think. In RL1 they only got permission to use Superleague kits 10 days before they submitted their game for test and they were all in.

candybum
11-07-08, 01:45 PM
Plus they&#39;re full time and paid right? lol

locksley
11-07-08, 08:57 PM
Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

I have absolutely no clue with regards to an Xbox version.

You don&#39;t have to believe me, that&#39;s your choice, but Dan is 100% right with this! ;)

jeffb
11-07-08, 09:04 PM
Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

You don&#39;t have to believe me, that&#39;s your choice, but Dan is 100% right with this! ;)

[/b]

Any idea when??

Radman
11-07-08, 09:14 PM
There will not likely be an Xbox version.

And I&#39;d say it would have to be released before the World Cup, surely.

Radman
11-07-08, 10:11 PM
Any other details about the game other than your confirmation Lox?.

sanzar
12-07-08, 01:51 AM

[/b]

PS2 and PC? So they really aren&#39;t going to do a current gen version then? Is that really such a great idea? I mean their primary market is Aus and the UK and I really don&#39;t know many people who play their PS2&#39;s anymore...

candybum
12-07-08, 04:41 AM
Locks is back! lol for the time being anyways.

Awesome news i suppose that more and more sources are confirming it. But WC ed sounds like the rugby08 equivalent!

St Helens RLFC
13-07-08, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the back up gentlemen.

jeffb
13-07-08, 02:45 PM
Locks is back! lol for the time being anyways.

Awesome news i suppose that more and more sources are confirming it. But WC ed sounds like the rugby08 equivalent! [/b]

Better than nowt, i say

ak47
14-07-08, 02:41 AM
mad i still have my ps2!!!

CeeJay
14-07-08, 03:36 AM
This is going to be a cash in, just like rugby 08, which was arguably worse than 06, having some tweaks but removing key things aswell. Like somebody already said, kit and squad updates wil be it, and all of us deparved fans will shell out for the same crap weve been bagging for years now. Im with Ak in that Ill spend the money now in the hope that they will come good in the future, but this version will be rugby league 2.1quickcashin.

Any hope that minor issues will be fixed should be dashed by the timeframe, and the fact that sidhe staff refused to acknowledge some of the fundamental flaws within their game. So to hope for anything other that more junk is foolish. But atleast RL gaming isnt completely dead.

scotland
14-07-08, 04:48 AM
<div class='quotemain'> Just to let you know, that Rugby League World Cup Edition, will be released this year, on PC & PS2.

[/b]

PS2 and PC? So they really aren&#39;t going to do a current gen version then? Is that really such a great idea? I mean their primary market is Aus and the UK and I really don&#39;t know many people who play their PS2&#39;s anymore...
[/b][/quote]

It seems completely bizarre. I know very little about the technical specifications of producing for next gen consoles vs PC and PS2, but is it cost driven, and if so wouldn&#39;t those costs be offset by the fact that the potential market would be greatly expanded by PS3 and Xbox 360? Or is the cost/difficulty for those consoles that great?

CeeJay
14-07-08, 05:16 AM
Next gen means they will need a new engine. Which can be costly, whether you are buying a pre existing or builing your own. So why not use the old engine to boost the bank account!! worked for EA. Seriously, uniform, competition and squad updates can be done in weeks if you have more than one person on it full time. they will essentially re-release RL2 at very little cost to themselves, and all of us idiots will buy it like we bought rugby 08 and they will be laughing all the way to the bank. I just hope they spend the money they make on RL3 and not Jackass.

scotland
14-07-08, 05:37 AM
Next gen means they will need a new engine. Which can be costly, whether you are buying a pre existing or builing your own. So why not use the old engine to boost the bank account!! worked for EA. Seriously, uniform, competition and squad updates can be done in weeks if you have more than one person on it full time. they will essentially re-release RL2 at very little cost to themselves, and all of us idiots will buy it like we bought rugby 08 and they will be laughing all the way to the bank. I just hope they spend the money they make on RL3 and not Jackass.
[/b]

Ah very interesting..

Its a lose lose situation for gamers. If no one buys it because they&#39;re essentially buying a roster update, then perhaps League games don&#39;t get made anymore, and if people do buy it then its $$ for a game people basically already have. Lets hope that if it is essentially the same game and a stack of people buy it they don&#39;t read it as "We can just keep producing the same trollop and people will buy it" but rather "Wow if people buy this crap imagine if we made a good game"

Radman
14-07-08, 06:15 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure the gameplay will be improved. it would be pretty stupid to just re-release RL2 with a new coat of paint and updates when modders can do all that for nothing.

scotland
14-07-08, 06:35 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure the gameplay will be improved. it would be pretty stupid to just re-release RL2 with a new coat of paint and updates when modders can do all that for nothing.
[/b]

True, but that hasn&#39;t stopped developers doing just that in the past! The console gamers are pretty limited in options when they want an updated title.

CeeJay
14-07-08, 06:58 AM
How can you be sure that they will improve gameplay? For starters they were very reluctant to ackowlegde even minor gameplay flaws. I myself was banned from the sidhe forms for mentioning them. Improving gameplay is not an exact science. They can update kits and what not easy as. Its just donkey work for artists. Improving gameplay takes programmers and testers who know what they are doing, and even then they may still get undesirable results after spending lots of money and time on it, and thats a risk sidhe wont be allowed to take . Rugby 08 was a &#39;world cup editon&#39; so to speak, and they left the code largely alone. It was rugby 06 with a coat of paint. I think sidhe is following suit. I will be very shocked it there is any gameplay change at all.

ak47
14-07-08, 07:38 AM
The main issue here is that RL2 was received with good review scores in the mainstream media
Despite criticism by some people on the forums (including myself which got banned for x period of time), they will ignore this and resort to the reviews it got, and say we’ll we made it good enough – now just roster update.

I sure hope not – RL2 was a joke, and I would prefer any new editions to come out as expansion packs on xboxlive (keep dreaming I will), as that’s what essentially they will be

Either or if this sells minimal it will be the death of the league project, so we all gotto waste our money for any future to exist.

It’s a pity Sidhe didn’t soak in our criticism – its this naïve approach and 1 sided to the bias feedback to listening to what u want to hear and ignoring what is constructive criticism is going to hold back the greatness this should be

FIX THE FARKIN PLAYER CONTROL FFS…..NHL Hockey is more controllable!

Radman
14-07-08, 07:54 AM
FIX THE FARKIN PLAYER CONTROL FFS…..NHL Hockey is more controllable!
[/b]

This is all I expect, I&#39;m keeping my expectations very low this time in the hope they might surprise me.

Jono078
14-07-08, 09:11 AM
Interesting thread.

Hopefully it isnt like RL2 at all in terms of gameplay, I really didnt like that game.

St Helens RLFC
14-07-08, 10:18 AM
If this World Cup edition is like RL2 then it is going to possibly hinder SIDHE over the long term. RL2 was pretty poor and whilst they might cash in on the world cup (who can blame them?) it will be hard to get people interested should they ever make RL3.

And of course, SIDHE interactive are taking no negative feedback either...

Bullitt
14-07-08, 10:22 AM
When the gameplay actually got goingRL2 wasn&#39;t so bad, it was just those damn jerky restarts after each tackle. It was no Lomu or Rugby 08, but it was enjoyable none the less.

As for the mainstream media, I remember reading a review of RL1 in an Xbox mag which kept making references to Jonny Wilkinson. That pretty much sums up a mainstream review of anything.

CeeJay
14-07-08, 10:48 AM
sadly saint helens, it wont be hard to get people interested in RL3, we will be league starved by then and lured in by next gen graphics Like moths to the flame, and the gameplay will probably still be the same!!

Ironically, if they just rolled gameplay back to RL1 and fixed the AWOL passing but kept RL2 graphics, id be happy.

Radman
14-07-08, 10:56 AM
sadly saint helens, it wont be hard to get people interested in RL3, we will be league starved by then and lured in by next gen graphics Like moths to the flame, and the gameplay will probably still be the same!!

Ironically, if they just rolled gameplay back to RL1 and fixed the AWOL passing but kept RL2 graphics, id be happy. [/b]

I&#39;d be happy with a upgraded and finished Rugby League 1 as well, I still play it heaps.

CeeJay
14-07-08, 11:05 AM
Yep. RL1 was awsome compared to 2. Defence was an awsome challenge, one lapse and it was a try at the other end. RL2 defence was pathetically easy, I could go and make a coffee and come back with no chance of the oposition scoring. It was actually easier if you didnt try to defend. I still play it aswell. Player control and passing are bad, but its still good fun.

St Helens RLFC
14-07-08, 11:26 AM
Don&#39;t you know you&#39;re not allowed to criticise SIDHE? :o

CeeJay
14-07-08, 11:30 AM
Yes, I know. I still remember mario&#39;s tantrum right here on this very forum. I hope I dont get banned.

St Helens RLFC
14-07-08, 12:06 PM
To be fair to Mario, he was being pushed and pushed and pushed by a member called Los Lover, who was an utter idiot. I banned Los Lover (and got a string of hysterically funny death threats as a result, some of you may remember him) but Mario had had enough. I do understand to an extent. The hissy fit he had was someone who had hacked onto his account with a dynamic IP, I was never able to track them down.

What annoyed me greatly was Alan Bell, who came onto the forum and complained about people criticising the game. He basically said "our work isn&#39;t appreciated here, we won&#39;t bother with this forum again." That was when I lost a lot of respect for SIDHE. Before and after RL1 they were superb, attentively noting the ideas and suggestions, criticisms, complaints and compliments of everyone. What happened to that?

There&#39;ll always be room for someone from SIDHE on TRF, but you won&#39;t catch me deleting negative comments.

Bullitt
14-07-08, 12:08 PM
In fairness, Los did half his sales... rofl.

CeeJay
15-07-08, 12:43 AM
How could I forget Los!! Those were the days. Back when my rep was +8 (never recovered from that reset)

I agree that mario did crack under duress, but he directed the hissy at the whole rugby forum, instead of guys like los. The rest of us just wanted Sidhe and Hes to acknowledge the flaws. "You cant change what you dont acknowledge" (Dr Phil.) We were only thinking about the future of RL gaming. It turned ugly when they responded to criticism like scientologists. Then Los layed down the finisher.

CeeJay
15-07-08, 11:28 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the 5 people responsable for returning me to my former +8 glory. Its taken a long time to recover, but now that im finally there I can gracefully exit the forum and rest in peace in my old age.

Thankyou!

woosaah
16-07-08, 02:32 AM
I am tempted to pull out rl2 again just to give it another go...

to be fair i didnt really give it that much of a good go. I really only played online, which was a great feature, but gave up when people would quit out cause they were losing.

i hope sidhe release some kind of news about this soon.

CeeJay
16-07-08, 04:54 AM
Give it a go. At first youll be excited by the graphics, you would have forgetton that its actually a good looking game. Next youll play a few games on easy and youll score some cool runnaways and think this is awsome! why did i ever stop!! Then youll decide your ready for a franchise and youll up the difficulty for a better challenge, and then the **** hits the fan and you will once again remember why this game is despised by so many. Then it will gather dust again until one day you think...it wasnt that bad was it? and youll start all over again. At least thats what I do about every 6 months.

Fred187
19-07-08, 05:46 PM

Ironically, if they just rolled gameplay back to RL1 and fixed the AWOL passing but kept RL2 graphics, id be happy. [/b]

Completely agree; RL1 was awesome. I still have some hope for this game, and I will probably get it even if it&#39;s poor.

woosaah
22-07-08, 09:07 AM
haha i pulleld out rl2 chucked it in and forgot thats its on CD not on a DVD stupid.

my dvd player doesnt read cd&#39;s anymore, i really need that sorted eh :)

Duckett
04-08-08, 09:12 AM
this game aint going to happen

Vambo
04-08-08, 11:54 AM
Interesting that some seem to prefer RL1 over RL2. I found the first game annoying as hell with all the glitches and the &#39;crashing&#39; drove me crazy to the point that I ended up saving after every single game in case the next game crashed. I thought that RL2 was a small step in the right direction although it still has it&#39;s faults...

I&#39;d buy a WC version but I would hope for an improvement in gameplay at the very least.

St Helens RLFC
04-08-08, 02:12 PM
this game aint going to happen [/b]

I only posted what I heard.

Fred187
04-08-08, 11:58 PM
<div class='quotemain'> this game aint going to happen [/b]

I only posted what I heard.
[/b][/quote]

I hope you heard right.

Can you tell us your source, now?

St Helens RLFC
05-08-08, 01:20 AM
No, a journalist does not reveal his source I&#39;m afraid, some not even when told to in a court of law. It&#39;s one of the best sources I could possibly have. I still believe this to be true.

Radman
05-08-08, 02:32 AM
Are you sure they aren&#39;t in the early stages of making Rugby League 3 which would have to be kept a secret for the time being?.

Jono078
05-08-08, 02:48 PM
No, a journalist does not reveal his source I&#39;m afraid, some not even when told to in a court of law. It&#39;s one of the best sources I could possibly have. I still believe this to be true. [/b]

Who&#39;s your source&#39;s source? http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/images/smilies/fist.gif

St Helens RLFC
07-08-08, 02:43 PM
Are you sure they aren&#39;t in the early stages of making Rugby League 3 which would have to be kept a secret for the time being?. [/b]

I&#39;ve heard that but that a World Cup game is also imminent.

[Who&#39;s your source&#39;s source? http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/images/smilies/fist.gif[/b]

A significant player within the gaming industry.

Jono078
07-08-08, 02:49 PM
Lol fair enough :P

Bullitt
07-08-08, 03:02 PM
Here&#39;s my sauce;

http://www.ifelix.net/timetoeat/wp-content/jackdaniels.jpg

St Helens RLFC
08-08-08, 02:20 PM
The new craze is Reggae Reggae sauce - get with the programme Mite!

Bullitt
08-08-08, 02:21 PM
Regge Regge sauce was a crap tasting fad 12 months ago and still will be now. :-P

St Helens RLFC
08-08-08, 02:27 PM
I think it&#39;s awesome myself like! I can think of a certain Caribbean Geordie who would rate it quite highly, LIIIIIIIIKE!

EnglandWillWin2011
08-08-08, 03:16 PM
Regge Regge sauce was a crap tasting fad 12 months ago and still will be now. :-P
[/b]
Reggae reggae sauce is lovely. Especially on BBQ.

Nice to see you&#39;ve quoted me in the signature :D

Fred187
08-08-08, 10:39 PM
There&#39;s lots of rumours of new Rugby games; this, Rugby 09, and even a new Rugby project from Cyandie. Odds are, we&#39;ll at least get some sort of Rugby game in the next few months.

subsbligh
11-08-08, 12:22 PM
Explain to me in your infinite wisdom what motivates Sidhe (commercially) to hold off on confirming or denying whether RLWC will be released? What do they stand to lose by saying, yes, a RL title is in progress and fingers crossed it will be released in time for the WC (in two months HA!).

Surely for Sidhe this could be a dash for cash - you could just about get /amatuers from the community to update the rosters etc for free!

I even cracked out RL1 and then RL2 after reading this thread originally. I would fork out 80 bucks for updated rosters and a few minor fixes to RL2 on my PS2.

I&#39;ve tried to find a place to buy it on PC but I can&#39;t find it anywhere. Tried all my favourite torrent sites too but to no avail.

jinxed_nz
11-08-08, 01:30 PM
Companies dont always hold back announcements because of economic reasons. They may have strict contracts from their publishers telling them to keep it confidential untill a point in time. This could be because of the publishers release squedual, or the fact that they may want to see a certain amount of progress before they officially announce it to the public and therefore semi-comit to it. This way they have the ability to withdraw the game if it is not coming along the wway they had hoped.

For me personally they would have to completely change the gameplay mechanics in order for me to buy the next installment of the game. I feel that a RL game has sooo much potential to be great just by the way it is played that anything less then great wont grab my attention.

subsbligh
13-08-08, 10:14 AM
squedual??? Holy **** that is amazing

woosaah
13-08-08, 12:38 PM
what are you talking about?

candybum
13-08-08, 09:14 PM
Apparently its amazing? haha

ak47
14-08-08, 03:33 AM
i am a fan of squedual :P
hahahaha

Radman
28-08-08, 07:44 AM
The rumours of a World Cup Edition are 100% true, just waiting on confirmation and release date.

St Helens RLFC
28-08-08, 02:19 PM
Out of interest, where have you heard that?

melon
28-08-08, 02:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 28 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=344312')</div>
Out of interest, where have you heard that?[/b]
Dan, you of all people should know that one must never give away their source...You&#39;ll just have to believe him ;)
|
|
|
V
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 5 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=339210')</div>
No, a journalist does not reveal his source I&#39;m afraid, some not even when told to in a court of law. It&#39;s one of the best sources I could possibly have. I still believe this to be true.[/b]

:bana:

St Helens RLFC
28-08-08, 02:27 PM
Oh no I&#39;m not saying tell me, I&#39;m just wondering if it came from SIDHE forums or what. I&#39;ll laugh long and hard if it gets confirmed though, I got a right going over on their forums because of no proof!

melon
28-08-08, 02:30 PM
It would be nice to hear something official though because the bloody competition kicks of in a couple of weeks anyway! Surely if they were going to release the game in conjunction with the beginning of the tournament then it would have been confirmed. All I can think is that they&#39;ll confirm it soon and release it just in time for Festivus.

St Helens RLFC
28-08-08, 02:32 PM
I was told it would be out for the World Cup, which is still about 6 weeks away to be fair. It says very little for the game though if it is rushed out like it looks like its going to be. RL2 with World Cup teams.

Ripper
29-08-08, 12:49 AM
RL2 with World Cup teams?

Sounds like something the big, bad devil EA Sports would do... I thought SIDHE were immune from such things.

St Helens RLFC
29-08-08, 12:53 AM
I can&#39;t say anything for certain but I find it highly unlikely they will have developed a new game and not talked about it for months in advance if it has a new engine etc. To me that&#39;s an indication of the old game patched up. HOWEVER, I was also told RL3 was in development. It looks like I&#39;ve been proven right over the World Cup edition, so I would expect being told about RL3 will also be correct.

woosaah
03-09-08, 03:23 AM
if this game is in development then they really only have about 2 weeks before they can announce it. well you would think that much at least.

rl2 was in development for a long time after we heard about it, so doing it this way is a bit backwards from these guys.

Radman
03-09-08, 04:32 AM
I expect an announcement in the next week or two.

St Helens RLFC
03-09-08, 11:27 AM
They are cutting it very, very fine!

woosaah
05-09-08, 12:20 AM
yep i hope they annonce it soon... Or ill just ignore it if it does come out.

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 12:19 AM
Right, had a bit of an update from my source.

The game was in Sony inside the last fortnight and has passed all the tests. Therefore it is likely to be going gold imminently if not now. It is expected out within the next 4 weeks.

In addition to this, I know a few more details of the game. It is effectively RL2 with updated teams, kits, stadiums and the World Cup squads. Maybe the delay is to get the squads as accurate as possible.

esoj
09-09-08, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Mario;771652
PAL PS2 games get cleared through Sony in London?

possible confirmation maybe?
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=34757

anyway I guess wait and see over the next few weeks as the world cup draws closer.

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 08:52 AM
Potentially.

I hope to be able to give you some more news on Wednesday or Thursday.

Radman
09-09-08, 09:38 AM
Can you possibly find out if the gameplay has been changed in any way at all.

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 12:58 PM
As far as I have been told it plays almost exactly the same as RL2. I also believe it is NOT a next gen title ergo I wouldn&#39;t expect there to be any particularly significant advances. I have no way of knowing for certain at this time. Hopefully I will find a lot more through the week.

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 08:55 PM
I&#39;ll buy it IF it comes out, but I doubt it will be as up to date or as accurate
Anyway here is hoping :)

steynboi
09-09-08, 09:47 PM
If it has ma cousin in then i will get it.

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 09:49 PM
Your cousin being?

I was in RL2 and I was also in Rugby Challenge 2006.

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 10:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=346926')</div>
Your cousin being?

I was in RL2 and I was also in Rugby Challenge 2006.[/b]

And you are???

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 10:03 PM
D. Thomas

I&#39;ve bought myself on career mode on RL2 and I was, in the UK at any rate, the starting tighthead prop in the imaginary team in RC06.

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 10:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=346932')</div>
D. Thomas

I&#39;ve bought myself on career mode on RL2 and I was, in the UK at any rate, the starting tighthead prop in the imaginary team in RC06.[/b]

Lol so you were

RL2
Born 22/3/72
190cm tall
88kg
Fullback

Did they get the info correct?

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 10:14 PM
Good grief no.

It must be randomised. I&#39;m as much a full back as Billy Slater is a prop. I was a prop in my version, with a headguard!

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 10:20 PM
They stuffed up most of the stats for the british players. Some were crazily wrong, thank fack for modders!!

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 10:23 PM
I worked on the stats for the English players. They were accurate when submitted. Again, my name is in the manual.

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 10:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=346943')</div>
I worked on the stats for the English players. They were accurate when submitted. Again, my name is in the manual.[/b]

Lol oops my bad, someone must have gotten them muddled a bit anyway, not as bad as some of the international players for the minor nations though. Still a great game and easy to modify :)

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 10:44 PM
Just a big shame you can&#39;t modify the sidestep to something with an element of control and that players have the turning cycle of a supertanker.

It was a decent enough game but I was left totally underwhelmed by it sadly. It does though, for some reason, appear to be a bundle better on the PC.

kuwaiti kev
09-09-08, 11:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 10 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=346954')</div>
Just a big shame you can&#39;t modify the sidestep to something with an element of control and that players have the turning cycle of a supertanker.

It was a decent enough game but I was left totally underwhelmed by it sadly. It does though, for some reason, appear to be a bundle better on the PC.[/b]

Yeah the modding keeps it playable. TBH i&#39;d avoided even playing Rugby 06/08 because RL2 keeps me occupied in any spare time I have and I didn&#39;t realise you could Mod the Rugby Game too. But my eyes are now wide open and looking forward to getting into EA Rugby (but i&#39;m still a hard core league fan first and foremost)

St Helens RLFC
09-09-08, 11:07 PM
I play the EA games a lot more than RL2. I never have gotten over the disappointment of it being below my expectations I suppose.

Radman
10-09-08, 12:21 AM
Same here man, I went in expecting too much and was left dissapointed. Still love playing RL1 though.

St Helens RLFC
10-09-08, 12:23 AM
I much prefer RL1 to RL2.

Jono078
11-09-08, 02:57 AM
Yeah I had lots of fun with RL1.

Sucks to hear that RLWC is same as RL2. Atleast I know to hire, and tbh I don&#39;t buy PS2 games anymore.

I&#39;ll wait for RL3 when we eventually get it hopefully within the next 5 years lol.

bazdev
12-09-08, 03:23 AM
My only thought is that mario has never said that RL2: World cup edition doesn&#39;t exist. He only says RL3 doesn&#39;t.

If this game is released I would urge people not to buy it as their company are obviously a bunch of conmen who just want to rip peoples money out of their pocket.

For me Mario is the WORST type of person when it comes to promoting their games. He never gives a straight answer and if they don&#39;t sell any copies, I hope he carries the can because he is a parasite

woosaah
15-09-08, 02:36 AM
Remember what he says. its not up to him to release the information. If he had the infrormation I am sure he would love to its just HES havnt given him the go ahead

esoj
15-09-08, 05:05 AM
some of his replies to some questions on the rl2 sidhe forums have been interesting, all but confirming that there is an rl2 world cup game being made. I think final confirmation in a few weeks and the game has apparently been in testing at sony so if that info turns out true they may just be waiting to get world cup squads as close as they can before the big press roll out etc.

St Helens RLFC
15-09-08, 08:51 AM
I expect an announcement either the day of the grand final or maybe the day after.

St Helens RLFC
15-09-08, 05:44 PM
I haven&#39;t heard anything else but I have a feeling they may announce something about RL3 soon as well, perhaps on the same day as they announce this World Cup spin off.

woosaah
15-09-08, 08:53 PM
well if thats true than thats a bit of a coup for you then isnt it :)

hopefully they release some kind of info soon. i can only get this on PC, and will get it if i can.

of course if it runs on PS3 then i would get it.

St Helens RLFC
15-09-08, 09:09 PM
I honestly don&#39;t know the first thing about RL3, I just got told it was in development. I&#39;m just hypothesising.

I just want this world cup game to be announced so I can stick it to the jabronis on SIDHE&#39;s forums who have been calling me every name under the sun for the past 2 months.

woosaah
15-09-08, 09:16 PM
haha, then they can come on here and realise that your a legend and just awesome!!!!

we all know that and its about time they did too...

St Helens RLFC
15-09-08, 09:21 PM
I wouldn&#39;t mind if they disagreed with me though woosaaah, it&#39;s just their "He&#39;s an idiot lolz" style that they have. If ya smellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllow what TRF........................ is cookin&#39;!

alexrugby
15-09-08, 09:21 PM
Will be nice to come in contact with..... :bravo:

esoj
16-09-08, 12:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 16 2008, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=348090')</div>
I haven&#39;t heard anything else but I have a feeling they may announce something about RL3 soon as well, perhaps on the same day as they announce this World Cup spin off.[/b]

here&#39;s hoping so mate. curiously the big sticky at the top of the rl2 sidhe forums that used to say current rl3 status not in development has recently lost the not in development part and now just says current rl3 status is the title of that thread. could be some or it could be nothing. also mario mentioned in a post that it would take them 2-2.5 years of dev time to make rl 3 for the next gen but could do a version for the wii a lot quicker.
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.ph...p;postcount=369 (http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.php?p=772261&postcount=369)

St Helens RLFC
17-09-08, 09:33 PM
I have a bit of an update.

My source played the game earlier this week and noticed very little difference with the game from RL2. It appears initial concerns have been realised. There are one or two little tweaks, such as a few close ups with player stats appearing at breaks of play. That sounds like a good idea to me like, gives it more authenticity.

Could you slide your defence left and right with R2/L2 before the play of the ball in RL2? If you can&#39;t, then that&#39;s a new feature. If you press both your defence compresses down the middle. I think that&#39;s a new feature and if it is, fair play because that&#39;s a good idea, not that you generally make a break!

So it sounds like it will be almost identikit with a couple of changes. If you didn&#39;t like RL2 odds are you may not like this. Until the issues surrounding sidesteps and player turning times are dealt with it will still, sadly, be fundementally flawed.

esoj
17-09-08, 10:57 PM
so a couple of tweaks and world cup teams thrown in on the rl 2 engine. it would have been nice to see a few more changes but I guess not to be and maybe we have to wait until rl3 for real progress.

steynboi
17-09-08, 11:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 9 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=346926')</div>
Your cousin being?

I was in RL2 and I was also in Rugby Challenge 2006.[/b]

cousin = richard lopag.

If your being sarcastic you can shut up because he plays for huddersfield gaints

St Helens RLFC
17-09-08, 11:04 PM
Never heard of him steynboi.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Sep 17 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=348499')</div>
so a couple of tweaks and world cup teams thrown in on the rl 2 engine. it would have been nice to see a few more changes but I guess not to be and maybe we have to wait until rl3 for real progress.[/b]

I can see people being disappointed. Having said that, a lot of people like RL2 so maybe they won&#39;t be.

esoj
17-09-08, 11:42 PM
I am sure plenty of people will buy it. updated teams and the like without the need to install mods will be instant sales for sure. for me it will come down to what they price it at, full retail of $100 nz will mean I will definitely not be buying it. I would instead reinstall rl 2 and get some mods to update it to enjoy a more recent game in franchise mode. I guess thats at least the one good thing about owning the pc version there is at least some choice on which version to get thanks to people that have modded the game. I feel sorry for all of those on ps2 with pcs not capable of running it though they are forced to upgrade basically with a game that doesn&#39;t improve much if anything and possibly charged at full retail pricing which in aus/nz can be very expensive $100+ sometimes for console games.

St Helens RLFC
18-09-08, 12:16 AM
I&#39;m fairly certain it won&#39;t be a full value game.

I believe it gets signed sealed and delivered tomorrow so an announcement could well be made any time.

esoj
18-09-08, 01:34 AM
very good then thanks for all the updates.

Radman
18-09-08, 01:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 18 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=348485')</div>
I have a bit of an update.

Could you slide your defence left and right with R2/L2 before the play of the ball in RL2? If you can&#39;t, then that&#39;s a new feature. If you press both your defence compresses down the middle. I think that&#39;s a new feature and if it is, fair play because that&#39;s a good idea, not that you generally make a break![/b]

No you couldn&#39;t, are you sure about that defensive shift being in there?!, if so that&#39;s sweet!. That was one of my ideas I plugged and plugged and plugged &#39;cos I hated the way the AI did all the work and I thought it was too good not to include. Be interesting to see how well they implemented it.:)

I just wished they&#39;d ramp up the player agility.

St Helens RLFC
18-09-08, 08:39 AM
That&#39;s what I&#39;ve been told. It does strike me as a logical thing to do. Not that it matters as many matches on that game are too low scoring.

Horrie
19-09-08, 02:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 18 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=348529')</div>
That&#39;s what I&#39;ve been told. It does strike me as a logical thing to do. Not that it matters as many matches on that game are too low scoring.[/b]
Hey guys apparantly its being advertised now! Check out the link

Visit My Website (http://www.starzone.co.nz/PlayStation+2/PS2+Games/Rugby+League+2:+World+Cup+Edition+%5BPlayStation+2 %5D.html)

I am new here but have done alot of modding on RL2 and have edited the commentry and made heaps of new names .Can you please find out from your source if Vossy has reorded new names for players not in RL2?
Much appreciated!

St Helens RLFC
19-09-08, 04:28 PM
He won&#39;t know the answer to that. I would suspect however that if the teams and stats have been updated the commentary will also have been updated. It would have taken Vossy about 20 minutes to do it.

Horrie
20-09-08, 12:15 AM
Thanks St Helens. I hope so. I did one of the first big updates on the RL2 forum but have since retired. My version had a heritage cup that played during the Franchise. Then I used an audio program to edit Voss&#39;s names and made about 150 new names. Some sounded perfect others were pretty good. Would be happy to mod the new game with a bit of the old one and use the new names.
If he does find out then please let me know. Thanks again.

St Helens RLFC
21-09-08, 12:57 AM
Not too sure about this but supposedly this is going to be officially announced on Monday.

EVOL
21-09-08, 12:21 PM
just been reading the sidhe forums lol , it should be funny reading their comments when you&#39;re proven right hahaha, in particular sharksfan195

St Helens RLFC
21-09-08, 08:58 PM
I&#39;d go on and goad them but I&#39;m better than that. Let it be a lesson to the SIDHE forums though - I don&#39;t post bull****.

Mario
22-09-08, 04:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 22 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=349273')</div>
I&#39;d go on and goad them but I&#39;m better than that. Let it be a lesson to the SIDHE forums though - I don&#39;t post bull****.[/b]

Never said that you did :)

Jono078
22-09-08, 04:48 AM
So it&#39;s been announced officially..

Anyone gonna get it?

I just don&#39;t buy PS2 games anymore. Also the RL2 title is yelling at me to stay away considering how much I hated RL2.

I&#39;ll wait 5 more years to play hopefully a decent RL game on my PS3.

EDIT: While Mario is here could you explain why i&#39;m still banned from Sidhe forums?

I never had a multi account, someone knew my password and logged in and that was it.

Mario
22-09-08, 05:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jono078 @ Sep 22 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=349324')</div>
EDIT: While Mario is here could you explain why i&#39;m still banned from Sidhe forums?

I never had a multi account, someone knew my password and logged in and that was it.[/b]

Kind of hard for us to tell who has a multiple account and those who are sharing their accounts. Both are not allowed by our forum rules.

If you wish to make a case or claim for saying your account was hacked then feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

Jono078
22-09-08, 05:18 AM
If only your inbox weren&#39;t full :P

Anyway basically I was discussing passwords with someone and they tried it out on Sidhe and I wasnt aware that 2 people on the 1 username was against the rules.

Been a couple of years wondering what the hell I was banned for because I was 1 of very few who didn&#39;t have a multi.

Also, goodluck with RL2WC, hope you get what you are hoping for out of this title.

ak47
22-09-08, 06:34 AM
Welcome back to the TRF Mario
whats doing

esoj
22-09-08, 07:26 AM
trf prevails once again and I did reply to sharks195 since he personally told me it wasn&#39;t going to come out. it also looks like sidhe have made the decision for me whether I buy it or not since it is seemingly a ps2 only title. maybe they were banking on people still having a ps2 not sure but I am possibly one of the few that never bought one. I may not be missing out on much anyway since it sounds like it is content that is freely downloadable for the pc version thanks to the guys that have modded it.

candybum
22-09-08, 10:19 AM
I liked RL2 to be honest. But if it is the same game though... hmm we&#39;ll see if im in a spending mood lol

Also on Starzone "OUR PRICE $65.62 nzd"

also lol http://www.rl2worldcupedition.com/

St Helens RLFC
22-09-08, 12:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 22 2008, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=349319')</div>
Never said that you did :)[/b]

No Mario, but several of the troglodytes on your forum, who somehow managed to get their knuckles off the floor for long enough to somehow type something, were calling me every name under the sun for months.

To them, I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tbddRS8lQ

Radman
22-09-08, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the new ringtone pal.;)

woosaah
23-09-08, 04:55 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4702926a28.html

for those who want more information.

but sadly you wont get much :)

CeeJay
24-09-08, 06:38 AM
I wish they would really go back to their roots and make a game thats more in line with
RL1. Id buy RL1 world cup edition any day, but this whole RL2 world cup edition reeks of a quick cash in EA style.
Congradulations to sidhe or Hes or whoevers decision it was!! you know youve made it to the big time in the game world when screwing people out their money becomes more important than making even a half decent game.

St Helens RLFC
24-09-08, 02:31 PM
It is a cash in, of that there&#39;s no doubt. Whether its justified will be decided by RL3 - If it is made and is it any good?

Vambo
25-09-08, 08:23 PM
Nice work Dan :bravo:

I&#39;ll be buying it. I liked RL2 and still play it B)

Jono078
08-10-08, 03:46 AM
Hasn&#39;t discussion on this certainly died since being announced.

Sounds like it will be a huge flop and I doubt they will get back what they put in, in getting this title out.

Radman
08-10-08, 04:41 AM
The younger fans will get it, anyone with half a clue who is serious about sports games and who knew how good RL2 really was will most likely steer clear. I don&#39;t really want to get it but will probably support them because I want RL3 to be great.

I&#39;m pretty much over it before it is even released though. RL2 was so four years ago, I never really got into it, far to much emphasis on Defence spoilt it. We&#39;ve also moved forward a generation since and sports gaming has moved on in leaps and bounds as well.

I&#39;m pretty sure this updated version is just a way to gain some extra coin to go towards RL3s development budget...I&#39;d hate for this franchise to die because this version didn&#39;t sell well when it will most likely struggle to sell big numbers because of little difference between versions.

I&#39;m expecting big improvements in all areas of the game when RL3 is released in a few years.

RL1 will keep me going for now.

esoj
08-10-08, 06:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jono078 @ Oct 8 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=351970')</div>
Hasn&#39;t discussion on this certainly died since being announced.

Sounds like it will be a huge flop and I doubt they will get back what they put in, in getting this title out.[/b]

a whole lot of the trf community and probably even the community on the sidhe forums won&#39;t be able to buy it since it&#39;s not coming out on pc or a nex-gen console. it will probably sell well since in this part of the world there is still a huge amount of people with ps2s and people that buy ps2 games. I hope it is enough to convince HES to fund the development for an rl3.

St Helens RLFC
08-10-08, 04:00 PM
Discussion seems to have died as people aren&#39;t slagging me off for being "a liar" on SIDHE&#39;s forums anymore. Not bringing it to a current gen console means only one thing in my eyes - EPIC FAIL.

woosaah
08-10-08, 11:34 PM
i know of no-one who has this, or is thinkin of buying it.

did anyone get it? anylne tell us if its worth forking out for it again?

if it came on pc i would probably get it, but i still have rl2 i just cant play it as my dvd drive doesnt play cd&#39;s anymore.

St Helens RLFC
09-10-08, 12:10 AM
Is it even out yet?

Radman
09-10-08, 12:16 AM
Still no release date, just &#39;early November&#39;.

Gay-Guy
09-10-08, 12:58 AM
EA could easily make this game....tweak the rugby game they have.

woosaah
09-10-08, 01:14 AM
oh yeah i thought it was coming out like last week or something.

excuse me i have been MIA in the last few weeks O.o hasnt been the best of times :)

CeeJay
11-10-08, 02:35 AM
If They dont have enough cash to make RL3 and are releasing this edition to boost the bank, then RL3 is dead in the water. Look at ea for example who have cash to burn, but still put up some very **** next gen sporting titles first time around. Rl3s budget will most likely be spent on building a new engine, and making next gen graphics, I cant see them then starting from scratch with the game code, they will surely model it on what theyve already done to save time and money, as they will be under the gun. The result then should ressemble RL2, great graphics in its day but a disaster gamplaywise. To expect anything else is positive thinking. I hope Im wrong, I want a great league game too, but a great league game can oly be made by guys who love league and who dont have some exec with a gun to their head saying "cheaper! faster!"

St Helens RLFC
11-10-08, 09:53 PM
A lot of people are peeved its last gen only. Any interest I might have had in buying it has certainly gone for the chop.

shiznit
13-10-08, 04:57 AM
gotta give you props dan...

i started a thread in another forum about this game and took abit of ****e....

was really starting to doubt you but you came through... legend!!

St Helens RLFC
17-10-08, 01:32 PM
I took a bit of flak as well but my source is 100% right 100% of the time. I only post stuff I know. I do though as always appreciate the support I get on TRF.

Mario
20-10-08, 10:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Oct 11 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=352682')</div>
If They dont have enough cash to make RL3 and are releasing this edition to boost the bank, then RL3 is dead in the water. Look at ea for example who have cash to burn, but still put up some very **** next gen sporting titles first time around. Rl3s budget will most likely be spent on building a new engine, and making next gen graphics, I cant see them then starting from scratch with the game code, they will surely model it on what theyve already done to save time and money, as they will be under the gun. The result then should ressemble RL2, great graphics in its day but a disaster gamplaywise. To expect anything else is positive thinking. I hope Im wrong, I want a great league game too, but a great league game can oly be made by guys who love league and who dont have some exec with a gun to their head saying "cheaper! faster!"[/b]

We only undertake game projects if we believe we can produce a quality product. In some cases, that means we have to limit the scope, but ultimately we strive for the core experience to be good.

With regard to a next gen Rugby League product, we have already specified to HES what our minimum budget would be, and would not accept anything lower as we believe that would compromise the quality of such a product. HES has been of course free to work with other developers who might have a different cost base or who feel differently.

We are a fiscally responsible company, and that means paying close attention to budgets to ensure we don&#39;t go over our allocation. But at the same time, there is no pressure from management from either Sidhe or HES to produce something just passable enough so we can ship it on unrealistic timeframes and budgets. The metaphorical gun to the head doesn&#39;t exist.

CeeJay
22-10-08, 07:50 AM
Thankyou for your response Mario. Im very surprised that you even took the time to respond to my RL2/RL3 grumblings, but the fact that you did, and in a respectful way, makes me inclined to believe you. I sincerely hope that the gun dosent exist and that Im wrong about everything I said. Anyway from now I will endeavour to keep my overly negative opinions to myself and let you get on with proving us doubters wrong.

You see everyone! We can behave like adults on forums after all!!

esoj
04-11-08, 02:35 AM
official release date in aus/nz is november 6th but people on the rl2 forums have been saying it&#39;s already on sale in aus and people are buying it over there. so I guess take a look at your local shop it might be in there. Also if you do have ps3 that has backwards compatibly you will be able to play this game. further info here it&#39;s the older model with 4 usb ports etc http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.ph...amp;postcount=8 (http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.php?p=779967&postcount=8)

candybum
04-11-08, 10:08 PM
So has anyone got the game early? what are your thoughts?..

St Helens RLFC
04-11-08, 10:19 PM
I doubt anyone on TRF will buy it reading the comments earlier in the thread.

woosaah
04-11-08, 11:14 PM
yeah i am not buying it, not that i wouldnt if i my ps3 was backwards compatible. I want to support sidhe, i would love them to keep making rugby league and hopefully pull something out that would rival rugby 08. Their franchise mode would rock even more if their game was at least a little bit playable.

CeeJay
06-11-08, 05:58 AM
Yes, the RL2 franchise included internationals and origin. Very few sports games do this. But a game worth playing to go with it would be great. I wish that franchise was available in rl1

St Helens RLFC
06-11-08, 08:48 AM
I don&#39;t know a single person who is buying it.

I also think SIDHE have made a bit of a strange decision only releasing it midway through the tournament. I would have thought that something like this would be released a few weeks in advance of the tournament.

grantfox47
06-11-08, 10:31 AM
It doesn&#39;t seem likely it will come out. Who would buy it.

St Helens RLFC
06-11-08, 11:22 AM
It&#39;s already been released...

Radman
07-11-08, 06:09 AM
Hired it, played a few games, didn&#39;t like it. Way too much AI assistance on defence to the point where you can win better without playing, no depth at all on attack. One for the kiddies.

If they are making RL3 now there needs to be huge changes in every area of the game or it too will be a dissapointment.

RL1 still rules.

St Helens RLFC
07-11-08, 08:36 AM
I figured as much. It&#39;s RL2 updated. Which means the games will be too low scoring etc etc.

Radman
07-11-08, 08:55 AM
You&#39;re on to it...

esoj
07-11-08, 08:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 6 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=358363')</div>
I don&#39;t know a single person who is buying it.

I also think SIDHE have made a bit of a strange decision only releasing it midway through the tournament. I would have thought that something like this would be released a few weeks in advance of the tournament.[/b]

that was the publishers HES&#39;s decision. from what I read on here and on the sidhe forums the game has been ready for a long time before the release this week. I guess maybe they wanted to avoid releasing along side all the big games in october fallout 3, farcry 2, littlebigplanet, fable 2 etc. still I agree releasing it at this part of the tournament is a bit odd since interest will be starting to die down and that could definitely affect some sales.

williamhall
15-11-08, 10:32 PM
I would like it to be released for the PC.
Despite the mods.

St Helens RLFC
03-02-09, 12:24 AM
Did anyone ever buy this, by the way?

melon
03-02-09, 05:10 AM
http://www.nope.org/images/nope_logo2.gif

Radman
03-02-09, 05:47 AM
Nah, gave it a miss. I did hire it, the controlled sliding defence showed a bit of promise but just didn&#39;t really enjoy it as much as I still enjoy RL1.

If RL3 does eventuate, I&#39;m hoping for more realistic gameplay with attacking plays and better defensive formation control and much less AI control over the way the game plays.

St Helens RLFC
03-02-09, 08:47 AM
I figured as much.

Fred187
08-02-09, 06:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=375110')</div>
Did anyone ever buy this, by the way?[/b]

I found it for only £10, so I picked it up. It&#39;s a lot better than RL2, and, gameplay-wise, almost beats RL1. Still, nothing compares to Wembley Rugby League - classic.

CeeJay
09-02-09, 06:51 AM
Your the first person Ive heard say that. I didnt buy this, I rented aswell and as far as I can tell the gameplay is in no way different to RL2, apart from th sliding defense, which is a good idea provided the rest of the game is not terrible. What aspects did you find improved so much that it was almost as good as RL1? Still cant get runwaway tries without using the sidestep, and my defence functions better if I just put the controller down and watch! Either way the ai cant score. RL1 defence was tough. You had to play sweeper and concentrate your ass off, otherwise the ai would get a runaway, something they cannot do at all in RL2. If the WCE was even almost as good as RL1 then would own it and be playing it now.

Fred187
09-02-09, 09:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Feb 9 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=377148')</div>
Your the first person Ive heard say that. I didnt buy this, I rented aswell and as far as I can tell the gameplay is in no way different to RL2, apart from th sliding defense, which is a good idea provided the rest of the game is not terrible. What aspects did you find improved so much that it was almost as good as RL1? Still cant get runwaway tries without using the sidestep, and my defence functions better if I just put the controller down and watch! Either way the ai cant score. RL1 defence was tough. You had to play sweeper and concentrate your ass off, otherwise the ai would get a runaway, something they cannot do at all in RL2. If the WCE was even almost as good as RL1 then would own it and be playing it now.[/b]

I haven&#39;t played much with the AI, and when I do I ramp the difficulty way up - I&#39;m mainly speaking in terms of playing the game with mates. You really need to compare them directly to see the improvements (RL2 & RL2WCE), and the responsiveness of all of the controls is noticeably better. I still wouldn&#39;t say it&#39;s as good as RL1, but it&#39;s much closer.

CeeJay
10-02-09, 02:29 AM
Ok, well I agree that this game, and RL2 could be quite fun with mates. Playing on the hardest difficulty is way too easy. The ai offloads so much (about 4-5 times per tackle) that they spill the ball to you and you never actually have to defend. The next level down is better but then its too easy for you to score so it really ends up being unplayable. Im comparing it with my PC version of RL2. Although I didnt play RL2WCE for very long, I noticed no improvements in control or responsiveness. If you are enjoying it then you are lucky that you dont have to sit on your hand s and wait for several years for quite possibly the same thing. Sidhe made a good game in RL1 and a bad game in RL2. Hey have heard all the criticism time and time again. They know what they have to do. Lets hope they step up to that with RL3 and dont do an EA again by repackaging the same old crap.

C A Iversen
10-02-09, 03:23 AM
They better realise that 90% of their audience is going to hire this next time. Then buy if it&#39;s good.

ak47
10-02-09, 04:14 AM
why cant they make RL3 on PS2, like RL1 controls, with all the off-field bells n whistles!!!!!
low budget - copy n paste type stuff