PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rocokoco

bates
29-07-08, 06:21 AM
Hey, For the moment I'm based in Belgium, travelling a lot for work, but i try to see all the games.
Owing to lack of time due to a huge amount of work, I am not really up2date.

would anybody be so kind to tell me what happend with Joe Rocokoco?
He played a very good WRC and now he is not playing at the Tri-Nations, is he injured orso?

Greets

InsaneAsylum
29-07-08, 06:27 AM
yeah he's injured mate, otherwise he'd be in the team for sure.

it's a wrist or hand injury i believe, not sure on how long he has to stay out of the game

bates
29-07-08, 06:29 AM
Thnx bro,

That's sad news, luckily Ali is back and ritchie will be back saturday :)

candybum
29-07-08, 10:18 AM
Ive seen him training with the Auckland ANZcup team with his cast, not full contact training though. So he's near his return!

Hamster
29-07-08, 10:32 AM
His cousins carving it up anyway.

bates
29-07-08, 11:34 AM
I'm looking forward to his return.

jawmalawm24
29-07-08, 11:50 AM
Yeah hope Roks gets better soon because we could do with his skillz out on the wing even thou Sivivatu's there but he's not a gamebreaker like Roks is.

bates
29-07-08, 11:54 AM
True, if you see how they preformed last Saturday.

5thdawg
01-08-08, 09:06 AM
No doubt we would be better serviced if Roks was on the wing. He is a match winner and a great player cant wait for his return

V99
04-08-08, 12:25 AM
Rocokoco has a hand injury and won't be returning for the Tri-Nations which sucks.

Since it's his hand he can still run and he's been keeping his fitness up. But he can't do any weights.

So he should be ready for the end of year tour for the ABs.

Doug Howlett and Rico Gear has left us with no experienced right wing.

townsen
04-08-08, 05:06 AM
Yeah AB's are in need of some serious talent on the wings. At the moment it isnt looking great, need another LOMU tbh.

V99
04-08-08, 09:39 AM
Yeah AB's are in need of some serious talent on the wings. At the moment it isnt looking great, need another LOMU tbh.
[/b]

I don't know, Ma'a Nonu a mix between Tana Umanga and a short Lomu that still takes a lot to pull him down.
He did a pretty good job on Saturday dashing down the wing to score that try, granted it would of been better if he could of got it a little more cleanly.

bates
04-08-08, 01:10 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah AB&#39;s are in need of some serious talent on the wings. At the moment it isnt looking great, need another LOMU tbh.
[/b]

I don&#39;t know, Ma&#39;a Nonu a mix between Tana Umanga and a short Lomu that still takes a lot to pull him down.
He did a pretty good job on Saturday dashing down the wing to score that try, granted it would of been better if he could of got it a little more cleanly.
[/b][/quote]

Nonu did a great job last weekend, but I don&#39;t know if you could compare him to roko?

bunkerrushPLZ
06-08-08, 04:57 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah AB&#39;s are in need of some serious talent on the wings. At the moment it isnt looking great, need another LOMU tbh.
[/b]

I don&#39;t know, Ma&#39;a Nonu a mix between Tana Umanga and a short Lomu that still takes a lot to pull him down.
[/b][/quote]

Nonu did a great job last weekend, but I don&#39;t know if you could compare him to roko?
[/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t think Nonu is that fast, he&#39;s more massive and must be quite hard to get him down though.

Shame there&#39;s no more Howlett and/or Gear in #14, together with Joe and Sivivatu there were four of them so always lots of options for the ABs should one get an injury or start slumping.

dway-nos
08-08-08, 04:42 AM
How did he hurt his wrist?
at first i thought it was his shoulder but must of heard wrong

bates
08-08-08, 06:03 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t think Nonu is that fast, he&#39;s more massive and must be quite hard to get him down though.

I didn&#39;t say Nonu is fast, I said he did a great job.
we can only hope roko comes back really soon.

Shame there&#39;s no more Howlett and/or Gear in #14, together with Joe and Sivivatu there were four of them so always lots of options for the ABs should one get an injury or start slumping.
[/b][/quote]

L0n3 R4ng3r
08-08-08, 03:45 PM
New Zealand need some young blood. Or just some decent wingers to go around with their other 2? Am i correct? Only 2 top specialized wingers? Eish, the future looks GOOD...for the bokke! :)

bobilycious
08-08-08, 09:33 PM
We have some young blood :)
Just not in the All Blacks at the moment :angry:

We have Lelia Masaga (21), David Smith (22), Fetu&#39;u Vainikolo (23), Kade Poki (20), Sean Maitland (20) and Andre Taylor (20) who all look very skilled.

nik
08-08-08, 10:43 PM
We have some young blood :)
Just not in the All Blacks at the moment :angry:

We have Lelia Masaga (21), David Smith (22), Fetu&#39;u Vainikolo (23), Kade Poki (20), Sean Maitland (20) and Andre Taylor (20) who all look very skilled. [/b]

You forgot Zac Guilford (20), I think he a very similar player to Doug Howlett, always in support, chases kicks well (Super 14 semi final) and has speed.

candybum
28-08-08, 04:33 AM
Joe&#39;s been named to start for Auckland against Waikato this weekend. Some say he might even be on course for the Bledisloe game in a couple weeks.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1320238/2042237

Haysie
04-09-08, 09:49 AM
Played very well against Auckland, ran good lines and ran FAST. He really was a shining light in a losing side.

Jer1cho
04-09-08, 04:56 PM
I&#39;m so happy that he is doing well! How often does one see a great prospect rise up only to get injured and never be the same player again? Marius Joubert, Ashwin Willimse and Clyde Rathbone spring to mind...

Joe is a fantastic winger, with such an elegant style of running! Definitely a joy watching this guy score tries! Please guys, keep updating this thread on how he is playing, and what his form is looking like! Thanks! :)

alexrugby
04-09-08, 06:26 PM
Terrible news
He is amazing I hope everything will be OK with his hands.
ABs will lack him next matches
Cheers

http://shinymedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/08/77106436.jpg

jawmalawm24
04-09-08, 11:48 PM
Centre/Winger Anthony Tuitavake could be out for 6 weeks because of injury in the All Blacks vs Samoa game on Wednesday night so Roks might be in for a recall. We&#39;ll see what happens because it&#39;s highly unlikely Henry will put him in the final against the Wallabies but he&#39;ll no doubt be in the squad for the end of year tour.

alexrugby
05-09-08, 01:47 PM
Tuitavake also? whats happening with ABs are they bewitched?
Bad very bad
Wish ABs to take off this cloudy traumatic situation and continue their fascinating dynamic play.

http://www.brandijasmine.com/howto/craft/pumpkins/witch01.jpg

bates
05-09-08, 04:53 PM
I&#39;m really looking forward to the final, with Tuitavake out, there&#39;s a big chance Rok will be in the squad.

Which means, bye bye AUS. :lol:

alexrugby
05-09-08, 05:06 PM
Yeah I understand but as it feels from your post ABs will look better without Tuita and with Roko, what about both bombing AUSses?

http://www.todoso.co.uk/b3ta/lemming-bombing_small.jpg

jawmalawm24
05-09-08, 09:16 PM
It&#39;s hard to say aye because there&#39;s still Kahui on the right wing who&#39;s been playing really good and still have to consider Sivivatu than on the bench they&#39;ve got Rudi Wulf. Not really sure if they&#39;ll put Roks in because Henry&#39;s already said on tv that it&#39;ll be too much to ask of him to have only played 1 or 2 games of Rugby than put him in a Tri Nations final.

tommowins
06-09-08, 07:42 AM
Maybe keep Kahui + Siv on the starting wings and put Roks on the bench for Wulf. For an extra burst of energy in we need it.

Haysie
06-09-08, 07:56 AM
Clyde Rathbone&#39;s actually back, for anyone interested. Scored 3 tries playing for Easts in Sydney&#39;s Shute Shield last week, make several breaks this week playing against West Harbour.
He will be in the Brumbies squad next year (or whoever picks him up)

presty99
22-10-08, 10:29 AM
[i was wondering that to
all blacks finally got the centres sorted out
Smith - Nonu = unstoppable