PDA

View Full Version : Glen Jackson

steynboi
31-07-08, 01:10 PM
http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/images/news/glen_jackson1.jpg

It annoys me he is one of the most super awesomeness fly halfs for the guinness premiership and new zealand always like to leave him out.

I think new zealand should at least field him in the autumn friendlies he had a great year with sarries who agrees with me?

candybum
31-07-08, 02:37 PM
Is he back in NZ? or have the NZRU changed their rules? :S

Yeap this guy was on form when he was playing for Bay of Plenty before he left but yeah... who doesn't carve up when they go up lol

Sir Speedy
31-07-08, 02:45 PM
Is he back in NZ? or have the NZRU changed their rules? :S

Yeap this guy was on form when he was playing for Bay of Plenty before he left but yeah... who doesn't carve up when they go up lol
[/b]
Mauger, but listening to you guys that's to be expected.

steynboi
31-07-08, 03:38 PM
hes so super awesomeness

fcukernaut
31-07-08, 06:20 PM
Carter, Evans, Donald, Brett. Is he better than any of them? No.

Klarkash-ton
31-07-08, 06:21 PM
well NZ don't pick overseas players. There's a pretty good All Black team not playing in NZ at the moment. It's a shame that players like Jackson leave, but usually they only do it when it looks like they can't break into the team.

The quality of play in the GP and HC is very high. Some players improve over here and it would be good for NZ rugby for them to bring some of it back. But the money's in Europe.

Sir Speedy
31-07-08, 06:27 PM
Carter, Evans, Donald, Brett. Is he better than any of them? No.
[/b]
I&#39;m sure you watched him all through last season to give such an unbiased and fair verdict. <_<

steynboi
31-07-08, 06:33 PM
hes from canada he knows nothing about GP rugby :) he probably never even heard of the super awesomeness of gj.

only fly half better than jackson is carter who imo is one of the most overated best players in the world although he is the best flyhalf he has shockers some matches

Sir Speedy
31-07-08, 06:39 PM
he has shockers some matches
[/b]
Who doesn&#39;t?

Also, your signature is incorrect. You beat the Ospreys 19 - 10, not nil.

steynboi
31-07-08, 06:43 PM
whoops thanks for that.

But even when carter plays bad the commentators **** me off and say he played so good.

EnglandWillWin2011
31-07-08, 07:56 PM
Not only are NZ not calling him up, but we aren&#39;t either, even though he would be allowed to play.

fcukernaut
31-07-08, 08:31 PM
hes from canada he knows nothing about GP rugby :) he probably never even heard of the super awesomeness of gj.

only fly half better than jackson is carter who imo is one of the most overated best players in the world although he is the best flyhalf he has shockers some matches [/b]

I lived a large chunk of my life in New Zealand. Believe me, I know all about Glen Jackson and there&#39;s a reason why he couldn&#39;t crack the Chiefs lineup. Regardless of the NZ selection policy, the fact is he&#39;s also an old man and if I had the choice of any from the list above or Glen Jackson to ride the bench for the All Blacks I know which ones I&#39;d rather pick. Hint: the ones with the upside.

Prestwick
31-07-08, 08:37 PM
hes so super awesomeness [/b]

He is the lynchpin of the team, does cause some howlers from time to time but to be fair everyone does. On the whole, he is one of the most consistent kickers in the GP and I believe racked up the most points the HEC last year. The guy is superb to be honest. To be honest, I think its the pressure he thrives on because usually the rest of Saracens tend to leave him with a huge hole to carry the team out of.

Simply put, for stability and more options than "run with the ball" or "panicky drop goal at the half way line" at fly half, Glenda is your man! As a caveat, I would say that even 2007 Johnny Wilkinson offered more options than "run with the ball" or "panicky drop goal at the half way line" so that isn&#39;t really saying much..

And fcukernaut, however did you know that Glenda wasn&#39;t as good as that forementioned line up? Obviously you must be tapped into the Global Kiwi Monitoring Network (or GKMN as those in the know call it), a network of floating invisible cameras using WIMAX technology to enable people to keep tabs on every Kiwi on the planet (thats right, Ripper, they&#39;re watching you...they&#39;re out to get you).

Little do you know that I also have access to this network...currently watching I Bleed Black playing on his 360 wearing his Hurricanes jim-jams!

EDIT: Hey Steynboi, you going to any of Sarries away fixtures abroad? Viadana was hella awesome last season!

steynboi
31-07-08, 08:57 PM
nah we don&#39;t go abroad next year i will probably hardly go and see them much because i live in oxfordshire now and i got gcses and my dad work abroad so its hard. (ill be having to put the rugby score card on sky sports live score centre now :() why cant they do a rugby sunday like they do soccer sunday and keep us informed with the match score :(

if i get good gcses and saracens play well maybe we might go get tickets away to watch saracens in hopefully the hieneken cup 09/10 season or if not european.

I remember the good old days when i lived in hertfordshire near watford where every sunday i would go with my fez and support the men in black. we had season tickets every year in the rous stand.

Prestwick
31-07-08, 09:06 PM
Dayum mate, best wait until you&#39;re of University age and can afford to go off on a whim like I can. Definitely going to the Viadana game and am in negotiations for a road trip to Bayonne!

steynboi
31-07-08, 10:49 PM
at least i got my email of me buying the limited edition pink one :)

Did you know the new kit is relese on 6th august

jawmalawm24
31-07-08, 11:12 PM
Glen Jackson wasn&#39;t really that good when he was here playing for B.O.P next minute he&#39;s up north carving up but I don&#39;t think he&#39;s improved it&#39;s just that he&#39;s in a league that&#39;s at his level now. I was glad when he left because to be honest he was craphouse and I nearly put him in the same category as Tasesa Laveatory.

steynboi
31-07-08, 11:23 PM
excuse me but the league he plays in is not at his "craphouse" level it is probably the most competitive league in the world imo. I think its better than the super 14.

So your saying Wilkinson is bad. Glen Jackson is not bad... Richard Hill isn&#39;t bad, Chris Jack is certainly not a crap house its clear to me that you don&#39;t watch the Guinness premiership nor the Heineken Cup.

Talking about low leagues the only good players you have got is Jerry Collins and Weepu and Nonu, Rodney So&#39;oialo. But then again most of the people i mentioned where in the game that got owned by the wallabies.

jawmalawm24
31-07-08, 11:52 PM
You read wrong I said that he was craphouse not the league he was playing in. Last time I watched a full seasons of Guiness or Heineken was 2 years ago so your right I haven&#39;t seen any lately and all those players mentioned are good players but I&#39;m talking about Glen Jackson not them.

He played here from 1999-2004 for B.O.P and Chiefs realised he would never be considered for the All Blacks because of the likes of Dan Carter, Luke McAlistar and Nick Evans etc. So I guess he decided to go up north because he&#39;s just left overs and becomes leading points scorer in the 2007 Guiness Premier so either he&#39;s good or all the other players in the league couldn&#39;t keep up with him so they might be under par.

Well since your talking about Super14 players there&#39;s still Joe Rokocoko, Bryan Habana, Richie McCaw, Schalk Burger, I could go on but I really don&#39;t need to.

esoj
01-08-08, 07:07 AM
he was ok before he left nz but nowhere near the level of carter that&#39;s for sure. I only see a little bit of some of the games up north and what I saw definitely wasn&#39;t better than the super 14 thats for sure.

Well since your talking about Super14 players there&#39;s still Joe Rokocoko, Bryan Habana, Richie McCaw, Schalk Burger, I could go on but I really don&#39;t need to. [/b]

you may have to the guys up that way can be very slow sometimes :P

Bender
01-08-08, 07:43 AM
I&#39;ve heard from friends that he&#39;s a really good player.
Haven&#39;t seen much though.

steynboi
01-08-08, 01:07 PM
GP is alot faster than the super 14 imo. South Africa and Australia have all the good players i find that the New Zealand are simply over-rated losing 2 matches on the row is not good enough to be classed the number 1 team in the world and they simply got owned by a quality wallabies team.

I find the best in the super 14 is steyn,habana,smit, giteau, tuqiri and also Quade Cooper is very young and has a huge heap of potential, i wouldn&#39;t class some new zealand players as the best they have a good team but i think there streak as undefeatable is going to end or is coming to an end.

TyphoonsRugby
31-08-08, 01:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 1 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=338357')</div>
GP is alot faster than the super 14 imo. South Africa and Australia have all the good players i find that the New Zealand are simply over-rated losing 2 matches on the row is not good enough to be classed the number 1 team in the world and they simply got owned by a quality wallabies team.

I find the best in the super 14 is steyn,habana,smit, giteau, tuqiri and also Quade Cooper is very young and has a huge heap of potential, i wouldn&#39;t class some new zealand players as the best they have a good team but i think there streak as undefeatable is going to end or is coming to an end.[/b]
steynboi, go have a **** over Frans Steyn and get with the system. The ELVs have made the Super 14 and Tri Nations faster than it was under the old laws. The club I play for was pretty well unbeatable this year but we then lost 2 games in a row but no-one said we were overrated and shouldn&#39;t be the no.1 team in the comp. Funny that the following week the All Blacks gave it to the Wallabies, get Steyn off your mind and think a bit before you dribble some more smeg over this forum

Thingimubob
31-08-08, 02:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Aug 31 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=344974')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Aug 1 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=338357')

I find the best in the super 14 is steyn,habana,smit, giteau, tuqiri and also Quade Cooper is very young and has a huge heap of potential, i wouldn&#39;t class some new zealand players as the best they have a good team but i think there streak as undefeatable is going to end or is coming to an end.[/b]
steynboi, go have a **** over Frans Steyn and get with the system. The ELVs have made the Super 14 and Tri Nations faster than it was under the old laws. The club I play for was pretty well unbeatable this year but we then lost 2 games in a row but no-one said we were overrated and shouldn&#39;t be the no.1 team in the comp. Funny that the following week the All Blacks gave it to the Wallabies, get Steyn off your mind and think a bit before you dribble some more smeg over this forum
[/b][/quote]

he&#39;s entitled to his opinion mate, no need to throw lewd insults around. I agree slightly with what he was saying, the bit that All Blacks have long lost their &#39;unbeatable&#39; tag. Not really sure where any of the Tri-Nations teams are - they&#39;ve all been very inconsistent this year. And why d&#39;you bring up teh ELV&#39;s? Nobody&#39;s mentioned anything about the ELV&#39;s in this thread?

Prestwick
31-08-08, 02:37 PM
Don&#39;t worry mate, MLegg&#39;s just unhappy because his &#39;Quins are going to get humped by the Men in Black :D

steynboi
31-08-08, 03:34 PM
Lol. I swear every debate i say that my team will beat the team they do it heavily like when sa beat australia. I look forward to seeing a similar scoreline from saracens v quins.

TyphoonsRugby
31-08-08, 09:41 PM
Twas a bit harsh on the poor little fella, but reading smeg like that really just annoys me. The facts are all the that the S14 this year was faster than its ever been. And no I&#39;m not fussed the Quins are gonna get flattened, I&#39;ll miss the game anyway so I wont have to watch it :P

jawmalawm24
01-09-08, 12:05 AM
Super14 and even Anz Cup is alot faster with the ELV&#39;s and it&#39;s more enjoyable to watch because it keeps the ref out of the game alot more whereas with the old rules he ref would be yelling the hell out of rucks pull up full arm instead of short arm penalites and slowing the game down.

Anyway back to the topic Glen Jackson I hope he is as good as the they say he is now because he just couldn&#39;t get anywhere in New Zealand and I heard he wants to represent England and good on him just like Riki Flutey I reckon he should grab it with both hands and be proud to if he gets the chance. He represented the Nz Maori so the international scene wont be new to him, anyway good luck to him.

ChiefsFan
01-09-08, 05:20 AM
Haha... Rikki Flutey.

If Glen Jackson is so good, which as a Chiefs supporter I usually overrate player like him, then how come he wasn&#39;t picked in the England squad? THey had enough space for Rikki Flutey so how is it that Jackson is so good? Are you saying that Rikki Flutey is international standard?

When lots of these players leave it&#39;s because they can&#39;t crack the AB&#39;s jersey, or even their province/franchise. Have a look at guys like Junior Poli...Polu...Pola? Junior Poli, who wasn&#39;t even a starter for Harbour and yet he was wrapped up by Toulon. This is why places like France and England have rugby in a deteriating state, they get rubbish players in their teams which can&#39;t play for them and then they don&#39;t allow young talented players to develop.

steynboi
01-09-08, 03:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Aug 31 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=345036')</div>
Twas a bit harsh on the poor little fella, but reading smeg like that really just annoys me. The facts are all the that the S14 this year was faster than its ever been. And no I&#39;m not fussed the Quins are gonna get flattened, I&#39;ll miss the game anyway so I wont have to watch it :P[/b]

oh dont worry its getting replayed on ITV4 you must watch it! :P.

Glen Jackson was the premiership top points scorer last season or a few seasons ago... he wont want to play for england why would he and carter whos now going to get overpaid will just turn into wilkinson and be a one man team and be the one to make sure they win jsut like england always do. And look where england have got without wilkinson nowhere!. They flukely beat australia and france in the world cup and then they got there asses whipped by south africa. I&#39;m just saying that carter is over-rated and over-paid and soon be turned into a wilkinson where he is the one to lead them and then when hes not there the AB&#39;s will start to lose and then when carter comes back with so much pressure on his shoulders people will really find out that he is over-rated. He is very good though.

jawmalawm24
01-09-08, 11:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 2 2008, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=345152')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Aug 31 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=345036')
Twas a bit harsh on the poor little fella, but reading smeg like that really just annoys me. The facts are all the that the S14 this year was faster than its ever been. And no I&#39;m not fussed the Quins are gonna get flattened, I&#39;ll miss the game anyway so I wont have to watch it :P[/b]

oh dont worry its getting replayed on ITV4 you must watch it! :P .

Glen Jackson was the premiership top points scorer last season or a few seasons ago... he wont want to play for england why would he and carter whos now going to get overpaid will just turn into wilkinson and be a one man team and be the one to make sure they win jsut like england always do. And look where england have got without wilkinson nowhere!. They flukely beat australia and france in the world cup and then they got there asses whipped by south africa. I&#39;m just saying that carter is over-rated and over-paid and soon be turned into a wilkinson where he is the one to lead them and then when hes not there the AB&#39;s will start to lose and then when carter comes back with so much pressure on his shoulders people will really find out that he is over-rated. He is very good though.
[/b][/quote]I agree I reckon Carter&#39;s over-rated when he&#39;s in a Canterbury/Crusaders jersey I hate him but I don&#39;t mind it when he&#39;s in the Black jersey.

Gees are you serious was Glen Jackson the Premiership top points scorer?. I just couldn&#39;t imagine it because he was pretty craphouse here just like Flutey that&#39;s why we let them go. Who does Glen Jackson play for now? he must be getting on a bit because he was in his late 20&#39;s when he left our shores.

steynboi
01-09-08, 11:26 PM
he plays for my team the saracens the under achievers lol.

Ripper
02-10-08, 09:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 2 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=345152')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLegg @ Aug 31 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=345036')

oh dont worry its getting replayed on ITV4 you must watch it! :P .

[/b][/quote]

That was just retarded.