PDA

View Full Version : First Rugby League 2 movie to hit the web

locksley
07-06-05, 09:28 AM
Here you go folks.

Not great quality, but you get some idea of how the game will pan out.

Rugby League 2 vid (http://www.operationsports.com/E3/MOV01996.MPG)

kaftka
07-06-05, 09:46 AM
I'm liking the look of it so far. It does look a lot like the previous game. Even through the low quality, you could tell that the cutscene near the end looks great. Couldn't tell much of the kicking system, but it looks fairly decent with the camera zooming out like that. Can't wait.

[Edit] Just something else I noticed. Theres a handy white 'shadow' showing where the ball is in relation to the ground when you kick.

Wally
07-06-05, 12:33 PM
It looks like it has alot of potential. The guy standing up in the cutscence looks a bit out of proportion, other then that it looks good. What stadium was that meant to be though?

gjohn85
07-06-05, 09:43 PM
I like the way the camera followed the gameplay around the pitch, which is nice touch!!

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-06-05, 10:22 PM
yeah its abit early the graphics and animations look like they improved whole alot!!!

whats with tha scrum and the ball going back 5metres??..and the tackling looks the same
i was hoping they wud get rid of that wrestling tackle where they were hugging each other..and instead hav the ball carrier going forward while wrestling..also multiple people in back up tackles wre missing....i saw a dummy pass which a defender fell for...lol i think it was anasta who dummied that cowboy player....once again with that ploddy feel to the gameplay(you know the dodgy running and jerky movement) i hope this isnt the case tho!

it looks pretty good at this stage...but in saying that i am not expecting much change in gameplay feel from the last version

kaftka
07-06-05, 10:47 PM
The crowd, although not exactly 3d or moving, didn't look too bad. I think thats because they were in neutral sort of colours. Greys, whites etc. Unlike WCR, and they didn't just seem like paper cutouts blowing in the wind ala Rugby 2005.

The crowd still didn't look great, but it looks better than the other rugby games.

Wally
07-06-05, 10:54 PM
I think the crowd in Rugby 2005 was better. When is this game set for release?

kaftka
07-06-05, 10:58 PM
Meh, I dunno, the crowd in Rugby 2005 just made me feel sick. Not literally but it was damn annoying. Just waving back and forth non-stop.

NZL Fan
07-06-05, 11:18 PM
Looks to have some promise..........initial impressions..........

The good

*New close camera angle seems good, and moves around nicely following the play (and if you don't like it the original camera angles are still available).
*Field markings, stadiums still look quality.
*Correct dummy half seems to get into position more often then not.
*Players off the ball appear to make better runs off the ball, rap arounds etc.
*Cut scenes look tidy (hopefully there is a good variety/number of them.
*Clearly seen ball marker for the bomb/field kicking makes life a little easier.
*Words appearing on screen in case of knock ons (and I presume things such as penalties etc) a helpful addition.

The bad

*Those one man, standing tackles still appearing far too regularly.
*Defensive computer players standing around during these tackles rather then joining in.
*Looks like some of those dodgy looking long passes are evident.
*Dodgy AI 1: Whats with the computer player sort of stopping on the touchline, running in a circle, before throwing a dodgy pass inside to a teammate??
*Dodgy AI 2: Right at the end of the vid is a player tackling fresh air for a period of time.
*Dodgy AI 3: The scrum has the ball pop out a long way backwards (hopefully this is just an infrequent oddity), and the forwards take an age to break from the scrum.
*That offload (after seemingly an age of wrestling with the tackler whilst standing up) intrigues me. Hopefully chance of offloading is dependant on whether the ref in the game calls tackle or not (and in this case he obviously hadn't). Fingers crossed on this one.
*Players seemingly moving through one another when getting into dummy half etc.

Wally
07-06-05, 11:31 PM
Mario, do you reckon this video is a good indication of how the end product will turn out?

Wally
07-06-05, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Jun 7 2005, 09:28 PM
Here you go folks.

Not great quality, but you get some idea of how the game will pan out.

Rugby League 2 vid (http://www.operationsports.com/E3/MOV01996.MPG)
Are you still helping out with the game mate? Will you be able to bring us information like you did with R2k5?

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-06-05, 12:22 AM
looks the same with add-ons

offloads dont look free flowing...neither does running,from that scrum it looks like i can score those long distance tries again...i was hoping that was two players coz it looks like the a.i is pretty crap

whats wit the kicking system hav they gotten rid of slowdown...it looks like it
also the kicking looks the same as last game...

ak47
08-06-05, 12:23 AM
mine wasnt in colour so to me it looked exaclty the same as rl1

the cut scene looked good tho

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-06-05, 12:26 AM
yeah that cool...so did the ones in rugby2005..but became quite repetitive..especially in two player

anywho..just make up i suppose

GAMEPLAY!GAMEPLAY!GAMEPLAY!

ak47
08-06-05, 01:58 AM
just reloaded and this time it was in colour

looks like rl1, but due to its ealry days it should be better than rl1 at release

I SAW THE VB FIELD MARKINGS - and have put $100 aside.......this is goig to be bought now!

what we need now muz - at half time u have the VB add on in the stadium, with the music "a hard earn thirst needs a..............and the best cold beer is............VIC............VICTORIA BITTER"

now that would add some class and touch!!!!!!!!

kaftka
08-06-05, 02:33 AM
There seems to be a lot of clipping issues....But these would be ironed out by release surely.

Good summary NZL fan, I'm confident that this game will be the best Rugby game so far.

Although, that says nothing really.

Wally
08-06-05, 03:28 AM
Well it says it's the best rugby game...

Serge
08-06-05, 05:10 AM
I failed to see the difference from the first game apart from that cut scene, which i hope you can skip.

Wally
08-06-05, 05:18 AM
Well the graphics are obviously better, arn't they? I only played the 1st game a few times. The stadium looked great from what you could see of it. Is the multiple camera angle thing new? Remember that video was poor quality and it said it was still in production.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-06-05, 11:40 AM
is this game being released in september???

ive thought i heard this somewhere

Black|Raven
13-06-05, 01:22 AM
looks exactly like rl1, just better graphics and cut scenes

Mario
13-06-05, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 8 2005, 11:40 PM
Yes, its due for release in September.

CeeJay
14-06-05, 04:24 AM
What about the other questions in this thread. So far it seems like the game has all the same bugs of the original, I would rather have these fixed that anything else. You now, the dodgy passing, AI, not being able to touch the ball down in any other way than diving, akward running animation, urealistic 1 on 1 tackles, half hour offloads. I got the impression that all this stuff would be fixed, this is way more important than graphics and options, and cut scenes. Oh well, glad I found this ouy now and not on the day of release!!

Los Lover
14-06-05, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 8 2005, 11:40 PM
Yes, its due for release in September. [/b]
thanks for answering the tough questions Mario.

nah, seriously, come on dude....these games get made to make a profit, not out of the goddness of anyone&#39;s heart or anything so friggin&#39; precious as that...

That profit comes from who?

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don&#39;t want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :-)

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-06-05, 06:58 AM
i agree..i asked so many...and..i cant be bothered

im gonna rent this first and if it sucks..not gonna spend any more dimes on it...and im not trusting this rubbish board coz what they said of rugby 2005...."its the best rugby game outthere"....

if thats the best that technology cud produce in this day then this planet sucks!

ak47
14-06-05, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM

nah, seriously, come on dude....these games get made to make a profit, not out of the goddness of anyone&#39;s heart or anything so friggin&#39; precious as that...

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don&#39;t want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :-) [/b]
the dump fools and general public f**ckwits said they were happy with how the first rugby league game played

i for one WAS NOT happy with RL1

soo many people said if was good, and a great first up effort, and feedback thus far from sidhe suggests not much gameplay has been revamped (perhaps improved), but not revamped, which the whole running/passing and attacking kicking game needed

all the refs bugs etc are apparantly ironed out, but the gameplay will be more of the same, just a little touched up

now these dicks that had to mod the first rl game for their own gameplay issues are the ones that said the gameplay is fine

the core product sold on the shelves for xbox and ps2 played and felt like ****
wasnt free flowing, too jerkey and fast, and was a button mash fest for speed.

it will be improved, but not revamped, which IMO it needed revamping coz for people to say rl1 (non modded version) plays and feels better than the passing and running game of rugby 2005 need their heads checked

sure offloading if impossible in rugby 2005, but the running and passing is so fluid and at perfect speed...................rl1 was like controlling epileptics on speed and crack, with a blind ref that loved to blow!!!

throw in that bugs etc, and ur shelved product is a piece of ****e

yeah a good first effort
but u dont get many second chances in this industry
WCR and Sidhe have D days coming up
Sidhe with a niche league market may be back, but if any competitors join the league fray, sidhe will be in for some profit cuts.

CeeJay
14-06-05, 11:30 PM
I think most of us where very forgiving of the first installment, being that it was the first league game in a long time, and we knew it was a first for Sidhe, and that they where only a small dev team. The second time round people wont be so forgiving. After carefully examining the video it is clear that the same eratic passing is still there, with many passes resulting in the ball looking like it has sprouted wings and is flying to its target! In this video there are only one on one hump tackles, in league nearly every tackle is atleast two man, they were there in RL1 why not just increase the frequency. Dogdy AI still there, when a break is made no players follow in support making any passes go flying half a mile backwards, this sucks because it means you cant score classic draw and pass league tries when one on one wiht the fullback. The animation looks like it is all the same. I know it is still a work in progress, but c&#39;mon, we all know that these problems cannot be fixed by sepetmber. So, whats the story? honestly?

p.s.
many people had been complaining that no videos for RL2 were available at this late stage, now we know why.

sanzar
15-06-05, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 15 2005, 11:30 AM
I know it is still a work in progress, but c&#39;mon, we all know that these problems cannot be fixed by sepetmber.
Do we?

sanzar
15-06-05, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jun 15 2005, 10:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 15 2005, 10:37 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Mario@Jun 13 2005, 06:22 PM

FROM US.

answer the questions that need answering or have everyone not trust you at all and hire the game instead - thus eventtually deciding not to buy it. Ultimately the consumer makes the call here. So we look forward to answering questions in these threads that matter. If in any doubt, answer the ones you don&#39;t want to first - they are thus probably the most revealing to us. Thanks. :-)
the dump fools and general public f**ckwits said they were happy with how the first rugby league game played

i for one WAS NOT happy with RL1

soo many people said if was good, and a great first up effort, and feedback thus far from sidhe suggests not much gameplay has been revamped (perhaps improved), but not revamped, which the whole running/passing and attacking kicking game needed

all the refs bugs etc are apparantly ironed out, but the gameplay will be more of the same, just a little touched up

now these dicks that had to mod the first rl game for their own gameplay issues are the ones that said the gameplay is fine

the core product sold on the shelves for xbox and ps2 played and felt like ****
wasnt free flowing, too jerkey and fast, and was a button mash fest for speed.

it will be improved, but not revamped, which IMO it needed revamping coz for people to say rl1 (non modded version) plays and feels better than the passing and running game of rugby 2005 need their heads checked

sure offloading if impossible in rugby 2005, but the running and passing is so fluid and at perfect speed...................rl1 was like controlling epileptics on speed and crack, with a blind ref that loved to blow!!!

throw in that bugs etc, and ur shelved product is a piece of ****e

yeah a good first effort
but u dont get many second chances in this industry
WCR and Sidhe have D days coming up
Sidhe with a niche league market may be back, but if any competitors join the league fray, sidhe will be in for some profit cuts. [/b]
I felt the same about JLR when it came out... good for a first effort, but so much was just wrong in that game it wasn&#39;t funny! No wonder WCR dissapointed everyone!
As for another company making a league game, well I think that is pretty unlikely to be honest, no other company has looked like putting money forward yet, so I&#39;d so not.
Anyway though boys, try to save judgement till the actuall game comes out...

ak47
15-06-05, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 15 2005, 01:20 PM
I felt the same about JLR when it came out... good for a first effort, but so much was just wrong in that game it wasn&#39;t funny! No wonder WCR dissapointed everyone!
As for another company making a league game, well I think that is pretty unlikely to be honest, no other company has looked like putting money forward yet, so I&#39;d so not.
Anyway though boys, try to save judgement till the actuall game comes out...
not pickin bones at ya rooster

but it is a known fact, not matter of opinion that JLR was ahead of its time (look at todays rugby games, WCR&#39;s rugby 2004&#39;sdisappontment), and was the benchmark for many years)

also all it takes is the dummy.......the pawn.......the bunny...... to be the first and if successful the bandwagon gets bigger

ie sidhe being the 1st, and succeeded (saleswise) at a league genre........now others see the light and jump on board

just like Madden/Fifa/NBA, GOLF in early 90&#39;s........once only had 1 game each.............these days u can pick from about 10 titles of each sport to take ur fancy.

RL1 didnt cut the mustard for a $100 game, when I see GT4 and ESPN and other blockbusters sell for sub $100
RL1 was a good first effort, as was JLR and Warnies
2nd effort is what counts........its D Day for these league/rugby games this spring
thank god i got the sport of kings to ease the potential anguish if these rugby titles fail

CeeJay
15-06-05, 11:03 PM
How can you resereve judgement after having seen the video? and do you really think they can or will fix these problems in the next 3 months or so?

Normally you cant judge a game by its videos as its been deceptively edited so you cant get a good picture of the game(rugby 2005) but this is pure game footage, no doubts about that, and its the same as RL1 in all the places that count.

Mario
16-06-05, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 16 2005, 11:03 AM
How can you resereve judgement after having seen the video? and do you really think they can or will fix these problems in the next 3 months or so?
I guess we&#39;ll find out in a couple of months.

If you don&#39;t feel RL2 has improved enough over RL1, then don&#39;t buy it. Simple as that.

Serge
16-06-05, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Jun 16 2005, 08:04 PM
If you don&#39;t feel RL2 has improved enough over RL1, then don&#39;t buy it. Simple as that.
Sounds like a motto I&#39;ll be going with.

CeeJay
16-06-05, 10:19 AM
Even if I dont think this game is improved enough I will probably still buy it because I want to support sidhe and their future installments of this game. However, the video is contradictory to alot of the good things I have read about this game, and I want to make sure that these things are on the list of things to be fixed. I not trying to nitpick, I just want the best RL game possible. Can I expect these problems to be fixed, honestly?

Mario
16-06-05, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 16 2005, 10:19 PM
Even if I dont think this game is improved enough I will probably still buy it because I want to support sidhe and their future installments of this game. However, the video is contradictory to alot of the good things I have read about this game, and I want to make sure that these things are on the list of things to be fixed. I not trying to nitpick, I just want the best RL game possible. Can I expect these problems to be fixed, honestly?
Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed.

Los Lover
16-06-05, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@Jun 16 2005, 10:19 PM
Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed. [/b]
We&#39;re intrigued....

but....

oh - now I&#39;m not...

with elaboration I might be though. I can tell you are a good man Mario, so more info less sale pitch. thanks.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Mario
16-06-05, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM
Depending on your particular list of "issues", some or all of them may already be fixed.
We&#39;re intrigued....

but....

oh - now I&#39;m not...

with elaboration I might be though. I can tell you are a good man Mario, so more info less sale pitch. thanks.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif [/b]
The reason why I quoted "issues" is that there seems to be a great deal of variability in the actual number of issues that people perceive in the video. Some people like it and contend the game looks better, some people claim the video doesn&#39;t look any different from Rugby League 1 in terms of graphics and animation.

The reality of the matter is that there were some legitimate points raised by people such as the number of "standing grapple" tackles which appeared - a known issue at the time which has been resolved.

However, if someone is subscribing to the belief that the graphics are the same as Rugby League 1, this is purely a matter of opinion and not something we are "fixing", especially given it is the belief of the development team that the graphics have improved signficantly (and indeed, we have more to look at than a grainy, shaky piece of video footage from an old work-in-progress build).

Los Lover
16-06-05, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Jun 17 2005, 02:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jun 17 2005, 02:20 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by Mario@Jun 17 2005, 01:31 AM
We&#39;re intrigued....

but....

oh - now I&#39;m not...

The reason why I quoted "issues" is that there seems to be a great deal of variability in the actual number of issues that people perceive in the video. Some people like it and contend the game looks better, some people claim the video doesn&#39;t look any different from Rugby League 1 in terms of graphics and animation.

The reality of the matter is that there were some legitimate points raised by people such as the number of "standing grapple" tackles which appeared - a known issue at the time which has been resolved.

However, if someone is subscribing to the belief that the graphics are the same as Rugby League 1, this is purely a matter of opinion and not something we are "fixing", especially given it is the belief of the development team that the graphics have improved signficantly (and indeed, we have more to look at than a grainy, shaky piece of video footage from an old work-in-progress build). [/b]
well, then show us a side view video - the way it&#39;s played...so we can see it without the terrible feel of passing etc from that angle.

There were only really a few crucial things that had to be improved and only these need to be addressed (the others are nitpickers - and I speak for the gamers here):

- Players not taking ages to get going from dummy half or receiving the ball.
- defence that doesn&#39;t have you down to ten men every game - realistic appraisal of the timing of your tackles etc.
- realistic AI in terms of opposition and also of players within your OWN team (support play on breaks etc - but in all major areas too)
- the face buttons were too stacked for controlling defence - double thumbing etc...get one of those up top.
- Career options for club/country etc - dealing season in and out with injuries etc....
- Better graphics

sorry - 6.

and on the last issue- can&#39;t tell with that ugly up-down view. want to compare the look to a game - games aren&#39;t watched like this....check your television and you&#39;ll see what we mean.

thanks Mario

please answer improvements one by one pertaining to above "issues" - these are the "issues" you can deal with first as they will make or break the game.

No comment on them - and we will assume the answer is "no changes".

Cheers.

gjohn85
16-06-05, 05:57 PM
I think I&#39;ll wait for the trailer first! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Nah, I&#39;m buying it anyway, even if it gets a bad review!

CeeJay
16-06-05, 10:03 PM
The "issues" for me are not the graphics, I think there has been a considerable improvement in that area, as well as game options. The biggest problem for me based on the video is the passing, in RL1 it was difficult sometimes to get the ball to the player you want, the ball gets thrown wildy at times and you dont have much control. In the video this same wild and crazy passing is still going on. I would like to be able to pass to the nearest guy to me whenever I want. This brings me to the second problem, when a break is made the player drags of his support, ruining some potentialy cool tries. These things combine cause you to be unable to beat the fullback with a draw and pass because (a) your support is not there most of the time, and(http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif you can only hit him with a pass if your lucky. For me these are the most important to the game, anything else and I make do without for now. Based on the video, these problems from RL1 seem to be still there, are these problems you are aware of? Will they be fixed in this or any future build of RL?

P.S.What about that crazy cut out ball from the scrum near the end of the video clip??!!

Mario
16-06-05, 10:53 PM
Only have a few minutes online (checking out of hotel in 5 minutes!), so apologies for the short answers.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:05 AM
- Players not taking ages to get going from dummy half or receiving the ball.

You can now scoot from dummy half, and the "flat footed runner" issue has been resolved by fixing an issue with limited acceleration after receiving the ball and better support play in general.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
- defence that doesn&#39;t have you down to ten men every game - realistic appraisal of the timing of your tackles etc.[/b]

Tackle overshooting doesn&#39;t happen as much, so this may improve your experience if I understand your problem.

- realistic AI in terms of opposition and also of players within your OWN team (support play on breaks etc - but in all major areas too)[/b]

AI has been improved in most situations. Its "better".

- the face buttons were too stacked for controlling defence - double thumbing etc...get one of those up top.[/b]

Selecting players in defence has been improved which should remove some necessity for the use of the Square button in some situations.

- Career options for club/country etc - dealing season in and out with injuries etc....[/b]

Franchise mode included allowing team management, catering for injuries etc

- Better graphics[/b]

Significantly improved with new animation, more detailed textures and geometry, more realistic likenesses, and better cutscenes.

Wally
17-06-05, 12:07 AM
Sounds good to me. Obviously that video can not be taken too seriously. How long can we expect to wait for the official trailer Mario? Within the next 1 or 2 months?

sanzar
17-06-05, 12:11 AM
Los, most of the stuff you asked was on the FAQ in the rl2 forum...

ak47
17-06-05, 01:09 AM
i am with Ceejay on this

the passing was shocking in rl1

its 13 epileptics on crack v 13 epileptics on pingas

the pass was a speedy blur and went where you least expected it

ie either floated 3 metres forward to call a forward pass, or it jetsped 45 degrees backwards to find a man 10 metres behind u and get wrapped up then and there as he catches it

support play would fix most of this and a slower passing animation

if issues arent addressed i can safley say only the franchise mode and love of the sport will get my purchase

it still wont be much fun if that video is any indication of the passing.

Graphics - big deal...........there&#39;s no dirt on the jerseys still, so i could play with 13 JLR looking dudes if the passing is fixed.
they are going to look cut and pasted in wet weather games with no dirt

this trailer we speak of will be make or break for the REAL gamers
80% of the people on the RL2 forum are 10-15 yrs old, with no idea of a good game, and no real experience of JLR, Rugby 2001 to comment or suggest issues of our lateral passing footy sports.

For those with a modded version of RL1 - I envy u as i still havent had fun playing my fave sport!

p.s kicking for goal needs 100% revamping.............make it like madden or rugby 2005...............RL1 has officially the worst kicking for goal system ever......its more like NBA free throws than kicking.

sanzar
17-06-05, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 01:09 PM
p.s kicking for goal needs 100% revamping.............make it like madden or rugby 2005...............RL1 has officially the worst kicking for goal system ever......
No, that award definately goes to WCR and JLR! Hands down that was the worst kicking system ever!

I actually thought the kickin in RL1 was pretty good! I liked the way you had to strike the ball correctly and not just aim... The only problem was it lacked a power metre or the ability to change it&#39;s hight.
And those 2 things are certain to have been fixed.

Graphics - big deal...........there&#39;s no dirt on the jerseys still, so i could play with 13 JLR looking dudes if the passing is fixed.
they are going to look cut and pasted in wet weather games with no dirt[/b]

Who cares? I personally hated the dirt system on Rugby 2005! After 5 minutes of a wet game all the players were so muddied up you couldn&#39;t tell them apart! It was irritating!

ak47
17-06-05, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 PM
Who cares? I personally hated the dirt system on Rugby 2005! After 5 minutes of a wet game all the players were so muddied up you couldn&#39;t tell them apart! It was irritating!
its realistic in r2005

if only they gave them new jerseys at half time like in real life muddy games

nothing wrong at all except the lack of new jerseys at half time

and u could always tell whom was who in the 1st half

only in the 2nd half did it get messed up

new jerseys at half time is all that was missed

authentically the dirt in r2005 is spot on
they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!!

sanzar
17-06-05, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 PM
its realistic in r2005

they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!! [/b]
I dunno aye... I don&#39;t see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey&#39;s and couldn&#39;t properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn&#39;t happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey&#39;s get... well WET! They rarely get muddied.

Los Lover
17-06-05, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 01:11 PM
Los, most of the stuff you asked was on the FAQ in the rl2 forum...
Oh come on dude! A lot of people will be better off, me included, with having that information.

I feel Mario missed the point on the "down to ten men" question - by which I meant that every second time you go for an aggressive tackle which you have to on harder levels or just slip off - you do a head high..no matter what!...I still hope he will answer this question again.

However - on the other issues I feel I and anyone else after this info (who deosn&#39;t search the web like a bloodhound after scraps of info) will be happier with the state of the game now. I know I am.

also mario or anyone - is franchise club AND country?

sanzar
17-06-05, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM
http://www.rugbyleague2.com/images/features_main.gif

near the middle

sanzar
17-06-05, 02:54 AM
FAQ from their site:

This thread will provide answers for a number of commonly asked questions.

Sidhe Interactive will update this thread intermittently, at our convenience, in order to provide you with the latest information that we are able to release.

What are the key new features of Rugby League 2?

New features of “Rugby League 2” include

Multiplayer online play for all platforms, allowing competitive and friendly play over the Internet, player rankings, and statistics.
All major teams and competitions including the NRL, SuperLeague, State of Origin, City versus Country, and a range of International Teams.
Brand new gameplay features including ball stripping, shoulder barges, diving on and kicking the loose ball, contesting the high ball, pass to playmaker and more.
New multi year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games.
Highly realistic, individually modelled likenesses for over 500 players and referees.
Lifelike animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

When and where will Rugby League 2 be released?

The game is currently slated for release in September 2005.

Rugby League 2 will be available primarily in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Limited quantities of the game will also be available in other PAL territories.

What game platforms will Rugby League 2 be available on?

PlayStation 2 and PC versions of Rugby League 2 have been announced to date.

Will Rugby League 2 be released on Xbox?

We are not in a position to confirm whether Rugby League 2 will be available on Xbox at the moment. However, Home Entertainment Suppliers will be making further exciting announcements in the coming months regarding Rugby League 2 on other platforms, and hopefully one of these announcements will fulfil your expectations.

When can I preorder Rugby League 2 from my local store?

Preorder policies are dictated by individual retailers, so please enquire with your local videogame store as to when preorders may become available.

Where can I preorder Rugby League 2 online?

Australia
DVDCrave - PS2

NZ
The Gamesman - PS2, PC
GamePlanet Store - PS2, PC

UK
none known at this time

Note: Sidhe Interactive is not affiliated with any of the retailers listed above. This list is provided for informational purposes only, and as such Sidhe Interactive does not recommend any retailer nor should we be held responsible for retailer quality of service.

Is preordering Rugby League 2 beneficial to me?

Yes, preordering will generally secure you a copy of the game if there is high demand in your area, as well as potentially getting a discount on the full purchase price. Many retailers also allow preorders to be cancelled at no penalty should you receive information about Rugby League 2 which changes your mind about purchasing it.

Preordering is also beneficial to the developer and publisher, as it enables us to more accurately determine the initial quantities of the game to manufacture which will enable us to better fill demand.

Will a demo of Rugby League 2 be released?

A demo of the game will appear at some point. It has not been determined whether this will be created and distributed before or after release of the full game.

When will new screenshots or video be released?

New screenshots and video is planned for distribution between now and the release of the game. There is no estimate on when new media will arrive at this time.

Will fights appear in Rugby League 2?

Fighting in NRL matches is not condoned by the NRL, and it is their wish that fighting does not appear in Rugby League 2. This stance is supported by Home Entertainment Suppliers and Sidhe Interactive.

What stadia will appear in Rugby League 2?

A definitive list of included stadia will be made available closer to release of the title. Rugby League 2 will contain more stadia than Rugby League, and in particular will include a more complete set of UK based stadia.

What teams will appear in Rugby League 2?

Rugby League 2 will again contain the NRL, SuperLeague, City/Country, and State of Origin competitions, along with associated teams and selected internationals.

A full, definitive list of included teams will be made available closer to release of the title. Rugby League 2 will contain more teams than Rugby League.

Can you elaborate on the details of new features in the game such as the franchise mode?

More information will be made available closer to release of the title.

Is there going to be a salary cap in the franchise mode?

What commentators will feature in Rugby League 2?

Andrew Voss will be the only commentator featured in the game.

Will the commentary be the same as the first version of the game?

No, all commentary has been completely re-recorded from a new script. Some classic comments from the old game still appear, but there are plenty of new comments to hear as well as much more commentary overall.

If I create a player with a certain surname, will the commentator refer to that player by name?

Yes, the commentator will refer to that player by name if that specific surname has been recorded. There are around 900 recorded surnames in the commentary, so most popular names as well as a few more obscure names and past greats have been covered.

What camera angles will be available in Rugby League 2?

All the original cameras in Rugby League will once again be available in Rugby League 2. In addition to the original camera, there are new camera options including one that is much closer to the ingame action.

How do the passing controls work in Rugby League 2?

The gamer has the option of tapping the pass buttons to pass to the players to the right or left of the ball carrier. Optionally, the gamer can hold down a pass button which will bring up buttons icons over the heads of various players along the attacking line. Pressing the relevant button will pass to that specific player.

The gamer can also tap both pass buttons simultaneously to pass to the &#39;playmaker&#39; player, allowing a kick to be made from space.

In this way, the passing control in Rugby League 2 allows for quick arcade play, as well as a more strategic approach for crucial moments during the attack.

How do the conversion/penalty kick controls work in Rugby League 2?

Conversion and penalty kicks in Rugby League 2 rely on the gamer achieving the right mix of power and accuracy via a moving onscreen meter. There is an interdependence on both power and accuracy, so the gamer may choose to strike the ball with less power in order to have more control over accuracy.

Can you elaborate on how you might be using the right analog stick on PS2?

Will the video ref appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the video ref will appear when the onfield referee is unsure of whether a try has been legitimately scored, usually as the result of a strong tackle during an attempted try.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the video ref.

Will the name of the gamer&#39;s currently selected player appear in Rugby League 2?

Yes, the name of the currently selected player will appear at the feet of that player.

Gamers will have the option of disabling the player name display.

How have cut scene graphics improved for Rugby League 2?

Cut scenes have been greatly improved with the addition of more interesting screen transitions, better camera framing, lifelike animation, player interaction, and facial animation.

Will there be headgear in Rugby League 2?

Yes.

Will there be left footed kickers in Rugby League 2?

This feature is not yet confirmed.

Can players jump in Rugby League 2?

Yes, they can jump to take a high ball.

Will The Footy Show or associated personalites appear in the game?

No, The Footy Show will not appear in the game in any form.[/b]

ak47
17-06-05, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM
its realistic in r2005

they could have had different levels of dirt..............it is still BETTER THAN NO DIRT!!!!!!!
I dunno aye... I don&#39;t see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey&#39;s and couldn&#39;t properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn&#39;t happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey&#39;s get... well WET! They rarely get muddied. [/b]
this country is in a record drought

just thought i&#39;d let u know http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

wheres the mud?

gone

it will be back

and farmers cant wait

sanzar
17-06-05, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM
However - on the other issues I feel I and anyone else after this info (who deosn&#39;t search the web like a bloodhound after scraps of info)
You make it sound so hard, when it so bloody easy! They (sidhe) have a website, on their website they have a forum where people ask questions and are answered directly... It&#39;s really not that complicated...

sanzar
17-06-05, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:01 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 02:43 PM
its realistic in r2005

I dunno aye... I don&#39;t see players get very muddied up in league anymore... not since they had cotton jersey&#39;s and couldn&#39;t properly drain feilds. I think it would be unrealistic as it doesn&#39;t happen all that much. A wet game in league just means the jersey&#39;s get... well WET! They rarely get muddied.
this country is in a record drought

just thought i&#39;d let u know http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

wheres the mud?

gone

it will be back

and farmers cant wait [/b]
It rains every other week in Melbourne and in NZ&#39;s home matches though...

ak47
17-06-05, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 03:03 PM
and in AFL its very muddy

same with the rugby union in NZ, and warriors games

a better example then

Field Markings

if u aint seeing dirt anymore Sanzar, surely u have seen the abundance of field markings and sponsorships these days rubbing off on the players

the fact we have no progressive changes to jerseys is a let down for all

RL2 also has super league - which can get very muddy indeed

also the fact the sports are so professional nowadays they all get new jerseys at halt time nearly every game now - all codes, AFL, Union and NRL
this along with new draining methods my lead to ur placebo dirt doesnt exist anymore http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif j/k

but i want it in there - ps2, sequel, realism........all the pre-requisits are there for it to be included

sanzar
17-06-05, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 03:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 03:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 03:03 PM
and in AFL its very muddy

same with the rugby union in NZ, and warriors games

a better example then

Field Markings

if u aint seeing dirt anymore Sanzar, surely u have seen the abundance of field markings and sponsorships these days rubbing off on the players

the fact we have no progressive changes to jerseys is a let down for all

RL2 also has super league - which can get very muddy indeed

also the fact the sports are so professional nowadays they all get new jerseys at halt time nearly every game now - all codes, AFL, Union and NRL
this along with new draining methods my lead to ur placebo dirt doesnt exist anymore http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif j/k

but i want it in there - ps2, sequel, realism........all the pre-requisits are there for it to be included [/b]
Yeah, the pain rubs off and so does blood... but at the end of the day if the game is fantastic I don&#39;t think anyone will be to bothered about their not being any dirt...

kinkon89
17-06-05, 07:04 AM
why do they spell stadiums as "stadia"?

sanzar
17-06-05, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by kinkon89@Jun 17 2005, 07:04 PM
Because thats the grammatically correct way to say it...

gjohn85
17-06-05, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 07:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 07:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89@Jun 17 2005, 07:04 PM
Because thats the grammatically correct way to say it... [/b]
Or they couldn&#39;t remember how to spell &#39;Stadium&#39; http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Wally
18-06-05, 12:20 AM
Stadia is the plural.

Los Lover
18-06-05, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM

near the middle [/b]
I look forward to playing you then Sanzar -

side view only though - and bear in mind how easily I can spot the play (hehe).

thanks for the info - I don&#39;t like going to commercial sites like sidhe&#39;s etc - woodward is in the country - that&#39;s as much spin as I need.

sanzar
18-06-05, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 18 2005, 10:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 18 2005, 10:26 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 17 2005, 03:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 02:52 PM

near the middle
I look forward to playing you then Sanzar -

side view only though - and bear in mind how easily I can spot the play (hehe).

thanks for the info - I don&#39;t like going to commercial sites like sidhe&#39;s etc - woodward is in the country - that&#39;s as much spin as I need. [/b]
Fair enough.

We&#39;ll definately have to have a match now! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif We&#39;ll do a state of Origin class http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Ripper
18-06-05, 12:32 PM
2 Questions

1 ) Do Players age during the Franchise Mode

2 ) Do they retire, if so, does the computer generate new ones to replace them?

Morgs
18-06-05, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 19 2005, 12:32 AM
2 Questions

Mario said that players do not age therefore they do not retire and the computer doesn&#39;t generate any new players. Sorry to disappoint you.

NZL Fan
18-06-05, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Morgs+Jun 19 2005, 01:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Morgs @ Jun 19 2005, 01:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper@Jun 19 2005, 12:32 AM
2 Questions

Mario said that players do not age therefore they do not retire and the computer doesn&#39;t generate any new players. Sorry to disappoint you. [/b]
Not much of a problem really - PES3 didn&#39;t have aging either and at the time it was the best franchise/master league type thing going around.

What Mario hasn&#39;t said is if Super league can be played in Franchise mode as well, or whether franchise works like PES, with all teams from both comps. availiable in one league........

Ripper
18-06-05, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 19 2005, 09:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 19 2005, 09:59 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Morgs@Jun 19 2005, 01:21 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper@Jun 19 2005, 12:32 AM
2 Questions

Mario said that players do not age therefore they do not retire and the computer doesn&#39;t generate any new players. Sorry to disappoint you.
Not much of a problem really - PES3 didn&#39;t have aging either and at the time it was the best franchise/master league type thing going around.

What Mario hasn&#39;t said is if Super league can be played in Franchise mode as well, or whether franchise works like PES, with all teams from both comps. availiable in one league........ [/b]
ESPN NHL and the Madden Series easily have the best Franchise Modes in terms of features and realisim

Wally
19-06-05, 02:04 PM
I get first shots on Sanzar with Queensland. I&#39;m going to carve you a new A hole buddy. Not literally. Unless Hopoate some how makes his way into the side. Then I most likely will.

sanzar
20-06-05, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Wally@Jun 20 2005, 02:04 AM
I get first shots on Sanzar with Queensland. I&#39;m going to carve you a new A hole buddy. Not literally. Unless Hopoate some how makes his way into the side. Then I most likely will.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Challenge accepted Caintoad! I can&#39;t wait! We can finally all play eachother in this thing http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Los Lover
20-06-05, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 20 2005, 01:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 20 2005, 01:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally@Jun 20 2005, 02:04 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Challenge accepted Caintoad! I can&#39;t wait! We can finally all play eachother in this thing http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif [/b]
I am a kiwi 0but I also am Queensland through and through. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

However I have been downscaled from broadband to DU!! - I will need broadband to play yeah? Right - the planning begins!

sanzar
20-06-05, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 20 2005, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 20 2005, 02:00 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 20 2005, 01:33 PM

Challenge accepted Caintoad! I can&#39;t wait! We can finally all play eachother in this thing http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
I am a kiwi 0but I also am Queensland through and through. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

However I have been downscaled from broadband to DU!! - I will need broadband to play yeah? Right - the planning begins! [/b]
Why would you sign with the Queenslanders as a kiwi??? Oh I know, because you feel sympathy for them in the Rugby right? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

What did you think of Joey&#39;s performance loslover?

kinkon89
20-06-05, 06:35 AM
why must every new zealander or pacific islander go for Queensland?

majority of my school go for them......im probably the only islander that goes for NSW!!

WHY!?!? WHY!?!?!?..............WHY ME!!!???

----------------------------------( FORCE FIELD )--------------------------------

i cant wait to play rugby league online!!!

when it comes out we should put up a sticky for tournements or so....

......i cant wait!!!

sanzar
20-06-05, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by kinkon89@Jun 20 2005, 06:35 PM

majority of my school go for them......im probably the only islander that goes for NSW!!

----------------------------------( FORCE FIELD )--------------------------------

......i cant wait!!!
It&#39;s a valid question. Why any outsider would want to associate themselves with a bunch of inbreeding mutants is beyond contemplation!

EVOL
20-06-05, 07:11 AM
For some reason I go for Queensland as well.

I used to like watching big Mal play as a kid so he&#39;s probably why

Ripper
20-06-05, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 20 2005, 06:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 20 2005, 06:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89@Jun 20 2005, 06:35 PM

......i cant wait!!!
It&#39;s a valid question. Why any outsider would want to associate themselves with a bunch of inbreeding mutants is beyond contemplation! [/b]
Exactly, hence the reason we support Queensland over New South Wales...

sanzar
20-06-05, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 20 2005, 07:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 20 2005, 07:27 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 20 2005, 06:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89@Jun 20 2005, 06:35 PM

......i cant wait!!!
It&#39;s a valid question. Why any outsider would want to associate themselves with a bunch of inbreeding mutants is beyond contemplation!
Exactly, hence the reason we support Queensland over New South Wales... [/b]
Are you saying Queenslanders and New Zealanders are both mutant, inbreeding freaks?

..::ERIC::..
20-06-05, 07:46 AM
I spose NSW players seem to be, well, date-raping binge drinking drug taking homosexuals. Plus Brad Thorn is the man.

Los Lover
20-06-05, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 20 2005, 06:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 20 2005, 06:14 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by sanzar@Jun 20 2005, 01:33 PM

However I have been downscaled from broadband to DU!! - I will need broadband to play yeah? Right - the planning begins!
Why would you sign with the Queenslanders as a kiwi??? Oh I know, because you feel sympathy for them in the Rugby right? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

What did you think of Joey&#39;s performance loslover? [/b]
Hahaha!

I support Queensland because they use the might of their hearts to overcome insurmountable odds and prevail...even with a worse team.

Have supported Queensland since the famous win around 89-90 - one of the two.

<<what did I think of Joey&#39;s performance?>>

I thought he was awesome...but then I knew he would be regardless of being a Queensland fan and had a punt at the TAB against my team - and won.

that is why I gloat about my sports predictions etc - because I am a passionate, obnoxious asshole and then I turn around and coldly and unemotionally call games exactly right (most of the time). Separation of the heart and the head...until kick off!....is crucial.

Why would anyone support NSW - they have better players and are ******s (no offence) - but you know what I mean...Anasta and gay boys like that etc....Of course as underdogs , NZ will back Queensland for the most part.

We didn&#39;t pick the team - they picked us.

NZ NSW fans however are always people who picked NSW with no basis. For there is none. If you are a NSWelshman...well, that&#39;s a different story.

Wally
20-06-05, 08:12 AM
*Double Post*

Wally
20-06-05, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jun 20 2005, 07:46 PM
I spose NSW players seem to be, well, date-raping binge drinking drug taking homosexuals. Plus Brad Thorn is the man.
Lol.

We should probably start up a TRF clan. I&#39;d imagine there&#39;d be a few rugby league forums doing the same.

Los Lover
22-06-05, 03:42 PM
Mariiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Have you changed the passing...played thid game the other day (first one) and thought,

Why buy another....I&#39;m a gamer - so don&#39;t give a flying f*** abotu graphics (not for 200 dollars).....

If passing not fixed, tackling accuracy and control improved and change player button shifted (I mean Jesus H Christ what a f**king pain in the a-hole!!!)....then I&#39;m just sticking with this. I don&#39;t buy updates of games unless they have significant gameplay updates..not options and graphics...that is the domain of the dark side (EA) and their Lord Sith (Darth Wilson)....I can hear him now...

"Bring Loslover and the trf members to me...I will deal with them myself..."

But he doesn&#39;t know...that the force is strong with this one. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

COME ON

MMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIOOOOOOO!!!

I&#39;ll cancel that pre-order, I will, gp store don&#39;t mind....I&#39;ll do it!!!!!!

sanzar
22-06-05, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM
Why would anyone support NSW - they have better players and are ******s (no offence) - but you know what I mean...Anasta and gay boys like that etc....Of course as underdogs , NZ will back Queensland for the most part.
Isn&#39;t that the same reason most of NZ hate Aukland in the S12 though http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif ? It&#39;s pretty much what my kiwi mates say (none are from aukland, and they all hate you guys) I thought you&#39;d sympathise http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM)</div>
I support Queensland because they use the might of their hearts to overcome insurmountable odds and prevail...even with a worse team.[/b]

Queensland Origin teams always come up looking pretty strong. I don&#39;t know how many qlder&#39;s would agree on your judgement that they are inferior to us... and for the record, it&#39;s still 50% win loss ratio for both Qld and NSW, so you can&#39;t say our boys are exactly lacking passion...

<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..@Jun 20 2005, 07:46 PM
I spose NSW players seem to be, well, date-raping binge drinking drug taking homosexuals.

Nah, thats just Cantabery http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Still, there haven&#39;t been many blokes bashing their pregnant girl friends in order to try and kill an unborn baby, out this way.

Plus Brad Thorn is the man.
Most of us know him as a turncoat... and after ******* off out of NZ rugby because the selectors no longer rated him, I&#39;d have thought you boys would to! Los talks about the queenslanders having heart, this ******** has none of that! Instead of trying to improve his game and make his way back into the AB&#39;s, he just turned and ran back to the easy path... he&#39;s a loser.

Wally
22-06-05, 11:56 PM
One of the best forwards in the competition all the same.

ak47
23-06-05, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 23 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 23 2005, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM

Isn&#39;t that the same reason most of NZ hate Aukland in the S12 though http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif ? It&#39;s pretty much what my kiwi mates say (none are from aukland, and they all hate you guys) I thought you&#39;d sympathise http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 20 2005, 08:06 PM)</div>
I support Queensland because they use the might of their hearts to overcome insurmountable odds and prevail...even with a worse team.[/b]

Queensland Origin teams always come up looking pretty strong. I don&#39;t know how many qlder&#39;s would agree on your judgement that they are inferior to us... and for the record, it&#39;s still 50% win loss ratio for both Qld and NSW, so you can&#39;t say our boys are exactly lacking passion...

<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..@Jun 20 2005, 07:46 PM
I spose NSW players seem to be, well, date-raping binge drinking drug taking homosexuals.

Nah, thats just Cantabery http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Still, there haven&#39;t been many blokes bashing their pregnant girl friends in order to try and kill an unborn baby, out this way.

Plus Brad Thorn is the man.
Most of us know him as a turncoat... and after ******* off out of NZ rugby because the selectors no longer rated him, I&#39;d have thought you boys would to! Los talks about the queenslanders having heart, this ******** has none of that! Instead of trying to improve his game and make his way back into the AB&#39;s, he just turned and ran back to the easy path... he&#39;s a loser. [/b]
pretty much sums up the hypocricy from many Nzer&#39;s that support QLD.

as for the binge drinking drug takers only in NSW

QLD have Chris Walker and Matty Rogers

everyone in league binge drinks

the drug taking asumption is subject to the media that surrounds them and NSW have the hardest media in the country, hence players in NSW are publically exposed more so than the QLD&#39;ers.

to say only NSW players take drugs is like saying only people in kings cross take drugs - a very generalistic view

NZL Fan
23-06-05, 03:38 AM
Enough of this banter...............

.....please keep to topic from now on.............

Los Lover
23-06-05, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 23 2005, 04:38 PM

I don&#39;t see mario coming back with answers or videos...

Do you have any NZL fan? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

Doesn&#39;t look like it...so we&#39;re buying time. Do you really expect us to keep discussing that 30 seconds of ****ty up and down view? Even now?

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

To quote an aussie:

You&#39;re kidding!?

NZL Fan
23-06-05, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 23 2005, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 23 2005, 09:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Jun 23 2005, 04:38 PM

Do you have any NZL fan? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

Doesn&#39;t look like it...so we&#39;re buying time. Do you really expect us to keep discussing that 30 seconds of ****ty up and down view? Even now?

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

To quote an aussie:

You&#39;re kidding!? [/b]
No I don&#39;t, however when information of rugby league 2 does come to hand the "rugby games/rugby league 2" is the place on this forum to discuss it.............by posting in this thread people that are interested in the topic are going to be drawn to it thinking there is new discussion on the game, only to be met with somewhat tedious/unrelated off topic conversation......

.......if people want to have full on conversations about stuff unrelated to rugby gaming then go to the proper area to do so........

Otherwise the forum becomes a mess, as most users are mainly interested in only a small portion of all available topics.

Los Lover
24-06-05, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 24 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 24 2005, 10:52 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 23 2005, 09:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Jun 23 2005, 04:38 PM

To quote an aussie:

You&#39;re kidding!?
No I don&#39;t, however when information of rugby league 2 does come to hand the "rugby games/rugby league 2" is the place on this forum to discuss it.............by posting in this thread people that are interested in the topic are going to be drawn to it thinking there is new discussion on the game, only to be met with somewhat tedious/unrelated off topic conversation......

.......if people want to have full on conversations about stuff unrelated to rugby gaming then go to the proper area to do so........

Otherwise the forum becomes a mess, as most users are mainly interested in only a small portion of all available topics. [/b]
Okay..my bad.