PDA

View Full Version : OK Mario - how we shaping?

Los Lover
18-07-05, 04:27 AM
Hi Mario,

I'd just like to say, that I have been playing SJRL again as a projector and screen and (with another gamer) have been studying the game quite in-depth and feeling it is both better and worse than when it was encountered on smallertvs (29 and 32 etc).

* Obviously on small screens, the far-side of the field is, well, TOO far away. On a massive screen it is not at all and, revealingly, the game improves greatly as a result as both sides of the field are viable places to attack at any time you like or, more importantly, NEED.

Personally I now feel the game is a 75-80 percent game (we only play sports games for the most part and nearly every one ever so we feel this is informed), as opposed to the 69-74% game on a normal tv, or worse, a pc.

Anyway, can you tell us, with the game almost certainly in final if not finished stage(s)......the following things that must have been addressed (bearing in mind the other changes we KNOW now and LIKE but perhaps don't address the following long-term probs with SJRL - albeit a solid little game and great debut fellaz):

Note - no answer will of course be assumed as the same i.e. not changed, updated or finetuned, thanks http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

- Ball passed quicker and flight of ball is realistic....can not float unless floated and can not go back and then ten yards forward magically - players run and meet a point where the ball is coming doen and hit it running unless pass is badly timed or injudicious.

- Aggressive tackle should result now in about a 2-3% chance of a dangerous tackles instead of about 25%

- If ball is knocked on, a short advantage is played AND you can immediately and accurately control your player.....ya know?

- Players can accelerate quickly and hit the ball running more often than not

- Step is left AND right at your desire NOT whatever the game decides.

- You can have golden point in your created seasons

- Sin bins and send offs are much more infrequent

- The CRU players on attack don&#39;t throw the ball perfectly back and forth to each other on a break as if they have have GOD himself on the field, although, keep the AI as tough as you have. You guys really got this mostly right and it does make for good games. WELL DONE http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Most other games fail miserably here.

- You can catch kicks not making touch...looks unprofessional and unrealistic otherwise.

- A forward pass has to actually go forward......while you&#39;re fixing this..can you let that blindboy Mander know as well..? thanks http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif lol!

- Must be able to flick past replays if you choose

- Must be able to both place the ball down AND dive and maybe another two or three types of scoring style as well thanks depending on the situation.

- Change pace or change player button must shift to the top of the control....ONE OF THEM MUST BE MOVED or many will not enjoy or even buy this game. It is uncomfortable for even someone abnormally dexterious (from an old injury) as me to have to be pushing pace, change player and tackle all together in a triangle on the face of the control!!!?? Such that pace and tackle must be pushed simultaneously with your thumb. Silly, silly. Change player must be up top...or pace. So no excuses cos it can be either.

Thank you mario for showing the respect (in your consumers and hardened league gamers) to come and answer these questions accurately and honestly to repay our faith in your product (both the first and then the second), as that cash funds the games and more... Much appreciated http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

game looks good...

So spill.

kaftka
18-07-05, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 18 2005, 03:27 PM
- Change pace or change player button must shift to the top of the control....ONE OF THEM MUST BE MOVED or many will not enjoy or even buy this game. It is uncomfortable for even someone abnormally dexterious (from an old injury) as me to have to be pushing pace, change player and tackle all together in a triangle on the face of the control!!!?? Such that pace and tackle must be pushed simultaneously with your thumb. Silly, silly. Change player must be up top...or pace. So no excuses cos it can be either.
I can help with that.

I read in the Playstation 2 magazine that you swith player along the defensive line using L1 and R1.
And the best part is, when you press the two together you switch straight to fullback. So, no more franticly pressing change player button until the game decides to choose the fullback.

sambãd5
19-07-05, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 19 2005, 10:42 AM
And the best part is, when you press the two together you switch straight to fullback. So, no more franticly pressing change player button until the game decides to choose the fullback.
oh thank god!

Mario
19-07-05, 02:11 AM
Please note my answers refer to the default settings of the game. The user will have control over the frequency of some things as well as being able to switch game rules on and off, so the user will be able to fine tune RL2 to their own preferences in a number of key gameplay areas.

- Ball passed quicker and flight of ball is realistic....can not float unless floated and can not go back and then ten yards forward magically

Improvements have been made to the flight of the ball.

- players run and meet a point where the ball is coming doen and hit it running unless pass is badly timed or injudicious.

This is pretty much the case, excepting of course where players are offloading to support which has stopped besides them (which of course happens in real life).

- Aggressive tackle should result now in about a 2-3% chance of a dangerous tackles instead of about 25%

The aggressive tackle button always was contreversial. Sidhe maintains that the aggressive tackle is meant to be used as a last ditch effort, and should not be used constantly. If you aren&#39;t constantly using the aggressive tackle button, then your players aren&#39;t constantly getting sent off.

Sidhe has fine tuned the numbers around this, but essentially it remains the same.

- If ball is knocked on, a short advantage is played AND you can immediately and accurately control your player.....ya know?

Advantage is included in RL2.

Support players run onto the ball more often, can accelerate more quickly when they receive the ball if they are stood still, and dummy half runners can scoot out.

Stepping is the same as RL1 although the animation and ramifications of a step have been improved.

I believe so.

See dangerous tackles above.

- The CRU players on attack don&#39;t throw the ball perfectly back and forth to each other on a break as if they have have GOD himself on the field, although, keep the AI as tough as you have. You guys really got this mostly right and it does make for good games. WELL DONE http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Most other games fail miserably here.

The game in general is harder as the AI is much better at defending and exploiting gaps, overlaps, and other situations (of course, the AI also finds it harder to score as your AI teammates are smarter too).

The AI is therefore much less reliant on offloads and fundamental speed advantage to win. Games should feel more &#39;fair&#39;.

- You can catch kicks not making touch...looks unprofessional and unrealistic otherwise.

Catching from kickoffs (and kicking itself) has been improved.

- A forward pass has to actually go forward......while you&#39;re fixing this..can you let that blindboy Mander know as well..? thanks http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif lol!

Code around forward passes has been improved.

You can skip replays and cutscenes.

- Must be able to both place the ball down AND dive and maybe another two or three types of scoring style as well thanks depending on the situation.

There are multiple ways of setting the ball down depending on where you are in the ingoal.

The central change player button remains the same. However, you can now also shuffle your selection left and right using the shoulder buttons.

Ripper
19-07-05, 02:16 AM
Have you got the Real ESL teams this time around?

and Have the Simulated Goal Kicking Stats been fixed this time around?

Mario
19-07-05, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 19 2005, 01:16 PM

Er, the real ESL teams appeared in RL1!?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Have the Simulated Goal Kicking Stats been fixed this time around?[/b]

No idea. Hopefully.

Ripper
19-07-05, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 01:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 01:27 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper@Jul 19 2005, 01:16 PM

Er, the real ESL teams appeared in RL1!?

Have the Simulated Goal Kicking Stats been fixed this time around?[/b]

No idea. Hopefully. [/b]
What I meant do all the players look right this time? (Last Time I checked Tony Martin wasnt quite that... Dark.)

Los Lover
19-07-05, 03:01 AM
Please note my answers refer to the default settings of the game. The user will have control over the frequency of some things as well as being able to switch game rules on and off, so the user will be able to fine tune RL2 to their own preferences in a number of key gameplay areas.

- Ball passed quicker and flight of ball is realistic....can not float unless floated and can not go back and then ten yards forward magically

Improvements have been made to the flight of the ball.

- players run and meet a point where the ball is coming doen and hit it running unless pass is badly timed or injudicious.

This is pretty much the case, excepting of course where players are offloading to support which has stopped besides them (which of course happens in real life).

The aggressive tackle button always was contreversial. Sidhe maintains that the aggressive tackle is meant to be used as a last ditch effort, and should not be used constantly. If you aren&#39;t constantly using the aggressive tackle button, then your players aren&#39;t constantly getting sent off.

Sidhe has fine tuned the numbers around this, but essentially it remains the same.

Advantage is included in RL2.

Support players run onto the ball more often, can accelerate more quickly when they receive the ball if they are stood still, and dummy half runners can scoot out.

Stepping is the same as RL1 although the animation and ramifications of a step have been improved.

I believe so.

See dangerous tackles above.

The game in general is harder as the AI is much better at defending and exploiting gaps, overlaps, and other situations (of course, the AI also finds it harder to score as your AI teammates are smarter too).

The AI is therefore much less reliant on offloads and fundamental speed advantage to win. Games should feel more &#39;fair&#39;.

Catching from kickoffs (and kicking itself) has been improved.

Code around forward passes has been improved.

You can skip replays and cutscenes.

There are multiple ways of setting the ball down depending on where you are in the ingoal.

The central change player button remains the same. However, you can now also shuffle your selection left and right using the shoulder buttons.
Firstly, I would like to extend my thanks to you for answering those questions diligently and honestly. At the moment, in the gaming industry, sports games have been given some very roughshod treatment in recent times especially by EA of course. You and Sidhe have much respect and, as shown by your quick reply and honest answering of questions, integrity also. I&#39;m sure I sepak for many here in thanking you and your team for that.

I am very pleased that it seems most of the issues that blighted an otherwise hreat first release have been fixed.

I could only take issue with the "agressive tackle" comment, saying that "it is supposed to be a last=ditch move" etc....but dude, if you don&#39;t use aggressive tackle a lot on legend level and above - you just slip off seven tackles in a row!!?? You MUST use aggressive tackle most of the time thus.....when I am chasing a guy down the field trying to ankle tap him with an agressive dive tackle..I don&#39;t expect to suddenly pull a matrix and decapitate him from five metres behind him. I aggressive tackle knowing I shouldn&#39;t be able to head high - but it happens anyway. If they step me - fine. But if they run straight at me - that is silly.

r1 and l1 will change players too - that&#39;s good...as long as that isn&#39;t going to interfere with the aggressive button which is also r1 still is it not? Can you explain how that is going to work? Anyone?

Otherwise game looks great. Will have cricket to play, so won&#39;t get impatient, while waiting. Just having all the passing dynamics overhauled is a 50 percent improvement for me...

Notice how, unlike EA, Sidhe have managed to address the shortcomings of their game (with a too-rare-in-the-industry inward glance), instead of doing an EA and only improving what was already good. Which is a cop out.

Thanks mario and thanks Sidhe.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

NZL Fan
19-07-05, 03:01 AM
Mario: Thanks for the in depth answers.

Only thing that concerns me from this is the "aggressive tackle" button remaining little changed from RL1.......

The reason that people used the aggresive tackle a lot in the 1st version was because the normal tackle was virtually ineffectial.

So my question is "has the normal tackle button been improved upon??", and also " will your computer controlled team mates make less head high tackles??" (this was really annoying in RL1, and outside the players control).

kaftka
19-07-05, 03:17 AM
[EDIT] D&#39;oh. I didn&#39;t read NZL Fan&#39;s post...so...uh me too.

Mario
19-07-05, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 02:01 PM

Only thing that concerns me from this is the "aggressive tackle" button remaining little changed from RL1.......

The reason that people used the aggresive tackle a lot in the 1st version was because the normal tackle was virtually ineffectial.

So my question is "has the normal tackle button been improved upon??", and also " will your computer controlled team mates make less head high tackles??" (this was really annoying in RL1, and outside the players control).
Well, your AI teammates are generally better at defending, so an AI opposition does find it harder to get through inthe first place and break normal tackles (as it faces more of them).

A normal tackle in RL1 can be made more effective by

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X to build up your aggression before the tackle

- waiting until the very last second to press the tackle button

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X after the tackle to avoid a break tackle

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer.

kaftka
19-07-05, 03:57 AM
Hey Mario (damn I love saying that. Works best with Italian/mafia accent)

Remember when everyone was asking if it was coming to xbox, and you said no comment, but there will be exciting news in the future regarding RL2 on other platforms?

Yeah well, has that kind of hit the fan now, or can we still expect &#39;something&#39;?

[EDIT] of course I post that as soon as he logs off. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Los Lover
19-07-05, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 03:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 03:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 02:01 PM

Well, your AI teammates are generally better at defending, so an AI opposition does find it harder to get through inthe first place and break normal tackles (as it faces more of them).

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X to build up your aggression before the tackle

- spamming the "aggression/sprint" button X after the tackle to avoid a break tackle

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer. [/b]
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Ok ay mario - that was sly...but I&#39;ll take it on the chin.

For the reor, you are talking to one of the baddest-ass gamers (sports only) in NZ.

There is no issues with timing....

I player my semi (versus Brisbane) last night with my brother (so two player) on legend level and we took down Brisbane 42 - 6 in a 20 minute game.

On defence and attack - there are NO issues with timing. It was the game and the game alone.

An EA person once said my cricket 2002 complaints might also be down to a &#39;lack of timing&#39;, at which point I explained that my score was 445...he said &#39;ha! I&#39;ve scored that with Zimbabwe!" and I explained I meant 445 with one batsman. The team score was 1011. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

But I&#39;m sure it has been fine-tuned.......I am already well aware of &#39;optomising&#39; the circle tackle - BUt NZL fan is spot on and this should have been improved..it can affect lastability. The most crucial aspect of any sports title is lastability.

Thanks again mario and please can you answer my query re: how you change player with R1 and do aggressive tackle with R1 when they are the same? Thanks.

kaftka
19-07-05, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 19 2005, 03:01 PM
An EA person once said my cricket 2002 complaints might also be down to a &#39;lack of timing&#39;, at which point I explained that my score was 445...he said &#39;ha! I&#39;ve scored that with Zimbabwe!" and I explained I meant 445 with one batsman. The team score was 1011. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
You&#39;re lying. An EA representative would never talk to a member of the public http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Mario
19-07-05, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 19 2005, 03:01 PM
Ok ay mario - that was sly...but I&#39;ll take it on the chin.

My comment was not made at you personally, I was only suggesting that there is more to the tackle process that running close to the ball carrier and pressing the button. Many assumed it was, and ended up relying on the Aggressive Tackle button and were annoyed at the high number of associated sendoffs.

I still contend that this worked well in the first game. League God difficulty level was incredibly difficult and for good reason. If people were easily able to overcome League God then they would have asked for more challenge.

If there was anything to complain about in League God I would have suggested that the slight speed advantage that was granted to the AI was more unfair. No amount of timing or aggressive tackles will do you any good if you can&#39;t actually catch the ball carrier.

Thanks again mario and please can you answer my query re: how you change player with R1 and do aggressive tackle with R1 when they are the same? Thanks.[/b]

A couple of buttons have been moved around.

kaftka
19-07-05, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 19 2005, 02:57 PM
Hey Mario (damn I love saying that. Works best with Italian/mafia accent)

Remember when everyone was asking if it was coming to xbox, and you said no comment, but there will be exciting news in the future regarding RL2 on other platforms?

Yeah well, has that kind of hit the fan now, or can we still expect &#39;something&#39;?

[EDIT] of course I post that as soon as he logs off. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
Hmmmm?

And thanks for the info above Mario. Class.

NZL Fan
19-07-05, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM)</div>

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer. [/b]
I thought the game was programmed in RL1 so that hitting the aggression/sprint button hard out prior to a tackle also increased your chances of a head high??.................sort of a catch 22 therefore..........also will computer teammates do headhighs outside your direct control??

Mario
19-07-05, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 03:57 PM
I thought the game was programmed in RL1 so that hitting the aggression/sprint button hard out prior to a tackle also increased your chances of a head high??

No.

You can only do head highs using the aggressive tackle button.

also will computer teammates do headhighs outside your direct control??[/b]

That has been fixed.

..::ERIC::..
19-07-05, 05:08 AM
And still no comment on the Xbox status?

NZL Fan
19-07-05, 05:08 AM
Excellent news - nothing more frustrating then playing conservative "normal tackle" rugby league only for one of your computer teammates to try and take someones head off on the last tackle............

kaftka
19-07-05, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 04:08 PM
Oh thank god. I thought I might&#39;ve died last night. You know, like on 6th sense. They still think they&#39;re alive?

Look at me! Look at me!

Mario
19-07-05, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 19 2005, 04:08 PM
Strange. I answered that in a seperate post?! Must have stuffed it up.

Anyway, the answer on the possibility of seeing the game on Xbox is still officially "no comment".

kaftka
19-07-05, 05:28 AM
Okay, thanks Mario.

...I guess.

I&#39;d love nothing more than to play Rugby League on Xbox Live.

...Except maybe to do it in a private strip club.

ak47
19-07-05, 05:30 AM
good to see mario that u make the pilgrimmage to the TRF for any updates and let us know...especially seeing the sidhe forums are 10000000billion billions miles per hour

Hows that sport of kings going??

Los Lover
19-07-05, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 05:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 05:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 03:57 PM
I thought the game was programmed in RL1 so that hitting the aggression/sprint button hard out prior to a tackle also increased your chances of a head high??

No.

You can only do head highs using the aggressive tackle button.

also will computer teammates do headhighs outside your direct control??[/b]

That has been fixed. [/b]
I&#39;m sorry mario but, while your other answers are awesome and informative, I can&#39;t allow you to say what you just said.

I have played games where I have banned the use of the R1 button for aggression as a test case....and there were still head highs by the players I was controlling when pace and circle were the only buttons involved. Fact.

Also I was talking about ineffectual circle tackles on Legend level and above...so NOT exclusively "league god"...I ams aying you needed aggressive tackle to tackle in league god too...regardless of timing lol!!....and then you got unfairly punished.

Every tackle in league is an &#39;agressive tackle&#39;.

I am personally worried that you thinkt he last agme was alright in this regard - VERy worried. I wonder about the standard of the competition if you were able to snuff them out with simple circl tackles all the time frankle both in terms of AI and user opposition. Have you played, say, at least 250+ 20 minute games of RL1? Cos personally I think the high tackle and aggression problems are not disputable.
I hope you can put aside any assertions you may or may not have about the first game and fix this now or at least for th next installment.

Circle tackles can head high....and your ai co-players do as well. thanks.

I love that some buttons have been moved though as you say - this is very good....cheers.

NZL Fan
19-07-05, 05:38 AM
Gotta agree with you on that one - havn&#39;t played it for a long time but I&#39;m sure that you could do headhighs with the normal tackle in RL1...........

I really tried to like RL1 (and it was a great first up attempt by SIDHE) but you&#39;d be really be getting into a game and then something totally outside your control would occur (headhigh by a computer teammate, a computer teammate going AWOL on the line, unable to get a person in a position to defend, cursor getting stuck on the dummy half, yet another man being sent off) that just made you want to throw the controller at the tv screen............

ak47
19-07-05, 05:41 AM
I GOTTO ADMIT THAT MY TEAMMATES WOULD USE HEADHIGH TACKLE WITHOUT MY CONSENT OF USING THE L1 BUTTON

after my first sin-bin/sent off, i learnt from this and would never use the agression button again...until required and that was in legaue god

however my team mates consistently got sent from the field still

whether or not you use the agression they still went high

ak47
19-07-05, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 19 2005, 04:38 PM
Gotta agree with you on that one - havn&#39;t played it for a long time but I&#39;m sure that you could do headhighs with the normal tackle in RL1...........

I really tried to like RL1 (and it was a great first up attempt by SIDHE) but you&#39;d be really be getting into a game and then something totally outside your control would occur (headhigh by a computer teammate, a computer teammate going AWOL on the line, unable to get a person in a position to defend, cursor getting stuck on the dummy half, yet another man being sent off) that just made you want to throw the controller at the tv screen............
and for the icing on the cake

a conversion that went over the black dot, to be waved away!

yeah man

i love my league, but these gripes that i had no control over took all the love i had away

esoj
19-07-05, 06:15 AM
thanks for the answers to the questions Mario as I know you are a busy man with not only this forum but others and work on your upcoming titles. Good questions Los Lover and others.

Los Lover
19-07-05, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 19 2005, 05:41 PM
I GOTTO ADMIT THAT MY TEAMMATES WOULD USE HEADHIGH TACKLE WITHOUT MY CONSENT OF USING THE L1 BUTTON

after my first sin-bin/sent off, i learnt from this and would never use the agression button again...until required and that was in legaue god

however my team mates consistently got sent from the field still

whether or not you use the agression they still went high
yes, but Mario, if you areading, it also happens if YOU are controlling them. Hell, it happened to my brother last night and I thought he was going to have a hernia.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

we ended up losing to Canberra in the major semi (14-12) in a brutal game, but it was lost when they kicked a penalty from this ensuing penalty for a head high with the circle button only. ONLY.

In otherwords...after 29 rounds of footy we were thrown out because of something that was totally unfair and outside of our control...now that, is disappointment.

edit - thanks for your time though for sure - awesome dude. thanks. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Mario
19-07-05, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 19 2005, 04:43 PM
a conversion that went over the black dot, to be waved away!
That issue has been resolved. Turned out there was a problem if you happened to have kicked the ball over the posts in normal play with a bomb, then a subsequent conversion wouldn&#39;t be awarded.

St Helens RLFC
19-07-05, 08:31 AM
This thread has been a good read. I&#39;m certainly looking forward to RL2. Thanks to Mario for answering the questions put forward.

Are you still on for an August/September release by the way?

Ripper
19-07-05, 08:48 AM
This thread hit its peak when I accused Eric of using Herbal Penis Enlargers bought using his Hotmail account...

Anyways - Have any changes been made to Create-a-Player?

lionmaul
19-07-05, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM)</div>

I mantain that the agression system works very well, this is what I love about rl1. This is the point a have been trying to get across to all players, it feels as if the timing and the amount of steam you build up before the tackle does effect greatly the success of the tackle. Now on the same note, I do believe that the normal tackle should be just a tad more effective on the harder levels then it is. This is of course on a non modded Rl1. The mods created for this game have nearly perfected the tackling for the harder levels of the game, in other words by messing with the player rating you can get a more realistic feel.

On another note Mario, how can you give us all this info and answers on these questions and you can&#39;t give us anything on CONTESTING THE HIGH BALL. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Come on brother give us somthing, we are 2-3 months away. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Los Lover
19-07-05, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by lionmaul+Jul 20 2005, 01:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lionmaul @ Jul 20 2005, 01:05 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Jul 19 2005, 02:40 PM

By building up you aggression, pressing tackle at the last moment, and fighting to dominate the tackle, you will execute a normal tackle with maximum effectiveness. It will be much harder for the opposition to break through, but it requires timing and skill on behalf of the gamer.
I mantain that the agression system works very well, this is what I love about rl1. This is the point a have been trying to get across to all players, it feels as if the timing and the amount of steam you build up before the tackle does effect greatly the success of the tackle. Now on the same note, I do believe that the normal tackle should be just a tad more effective on the harder levels then it is. This is of course on a non modded Rl1. The mods created for this game have nearly perfected the tackling for the harder levels of the game, in other words by messing with the player rating you can get a more realistic feel.

On another note Mario, how can you give us all this info and answers on these questions and you can&#39;t give us anything on CONTESTING THE HIGH BALL. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Come on brother give us somthing, we are 2-3 months away. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif [/b]
NO...

Mods are irrelevant b/c they involve changing the game...we want it to be good to start with. It can&#39;t be "potentially good".....it must "BE GOOD!!!!!!!!"

2. mario you answered a question and ignored my one about the FACT THAT YOU DO TACKLE HIGH WITH OUT R1 BUTTON!!!!!!!!!????

Remember the rule: question avoided = because problem has stayed the same or worsened......

This keeps you incheck guyz.....vox populis vox dei......we&#39;re asking, because we pay you http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

I mean WTF!!!? what an outrageous claim to make when we as gamers know it is false. Hell on earth dude!!! Anyway.......we&#39;ll assume you haven&#39;t played enough and forgive you, I guess, as effort was made on other questions....thanks http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Oh and, although I have already mentioned it...

mario

Don&#39;t answer another question with out apologising for the lie that is "high tackles only occur with aggression button"...

Either you are mistaken OR you left one of your employees in charge of finishing the programme off while he was in possession of a high class spanish hooker and a huge bag of crank...

I mean: ????

If aggression button (and other head highs) have not been addressed......this obviously much improved game may not clear the 85% mark...

No,no,......don&#39;t get grumpy anyone....

that&#39;s a fair call......

Sidhe is onto it, so instead of taking heed of the requests from teens on the sidhe site they would have one employee observing the rugby forum and its resident gamers to see what was needed in regard to fixing....

So i am not assuming, I KNOW this has been fixed. Nice foxing Mario....You little tease...

You must have changed it, because anything else would be sheer and utter insanity.....or gross denial.

Thanks again Mario....awesome.
You awesome...http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

kaftka
20-07-05, 12:42 AM
Los Lover&#39;s comments and claims on this board reflect his opinion only, and not the opinion of this board, or other members.[/Disclaimer]
ie. Don&#39;t bother apologising before you answer more questions.

Oh, and when Lover boy says &#39;we&#39;, he really means himself....And possibly a few others.

[Edit]

Originally posted by Lovely
So i am not assuming, I KNOW this has been fixed. Nice foxing Mario....You little tease...

No, no. That&#39;s still assuming I&#39;m afraid.

-JJ-
20-07-05, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 19 2005, 07:31 PM
This thread has been a good read. I&#39;m certainly looking forward to RL2. Thanks to Mario for answering the questions put forward.
Yeah, I actually find it better than the Sidhe forums on some level, there are a couple of knobs there that ruin it. Although the Sidhe forums are good, especially if you use the search tool for Mario&#39;s posts.

Man I wish Sidhe made a union game. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif Go on! I&#39;m sure you can use a lot of the League engine to start off with a good base.

Edit - Extremely off topic but I&#39;ve just seen some great slogan&#39;s in kaftka&#39;s sig. "Food or kaftka? I&#39;ll have kaftka." And "I&#39;d sleep with kaftka."

Anyway, back to RL2 http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Edit 2 - Also Gamesman have lowered their price to $100 for PS2, and yesterday had a big thing on the front page saying they would be giving free Warriors PS2 controllers away with the game.

Edit 3 - GPStore have the pre order promo now: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1471290.html

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/images/specials/1471290.1.gif
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/images/products/1471290.jpg

EVOL
20-07-05, 05:32 AM
Just preordered from gpstore, hopefully i get me a controller

Ripper
20-07-05, 05:56 AM
What a crappy looking cover...

ak47
20-07-05, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 20 2005, 04:56 PM
What a crappy looking cover...
no ****

Sidhe have ballsed this one for sure

looks like a kids game

Mario
20-07-05, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 20 2005, 06:01 PM
Sidhe have ballsed this one for sure
Er, Sidhe are not responsible for anything to do with the packaging.

In any case, it could be worse. It could be like the Stacey Jones Rugby League cover which was pretty rough.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
20-07-05, 08:49 AM
dam...looks like a crap action game ripoff
anyways who cares

what happen to sonnybill..everyone loves em in aus,nz and the uk

St Helens RLFC
20-07-05, 08:50 AM
Paul Sculthorpe&#39;s the face of English rugby league.

esoj
20-07-05, 09:01 AM
the main thing is that its got nrl rugby league 2 on it so the rest of the cover doesn&#39;t matter too much

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
20-07-05, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 20 2005, 07:50 PM
Paul Sculthorpe&#39;s the face of English rugby league.
who?

sculthorp is the 13 correct?...nah hes ****house..maybe gud in the super duper league but he wud get squashed in the nrl

WORD LIFE http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

St Helens RLFC
20-07-05, 09:21 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

You obviously didn&#39;t see him take the Aussies to pieces at the JJB in November then! He&#39;s a top rate loose forward. But that&#39;s another discussion, if you&#39;d like one, please start a thread in Super League section.

All I&#39;m saying is that SBW, whilst a world famous, top class footballer, wouldn&#39;t be *THAT* well known in England; Scully is the face of Super League. He&#39;s even replaced David Beckham as Gillette man.

Ripper
20-07-05, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 20 2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

You obviously didn&#39;t see him take the Aussies to pieces at the JJB in November then! He&#39;s a top rate loose forward. But that&#39;s another discussion, if you&#39;d like one, please start a thread in Super League section.

All I&#39;m saying is that SBW, whilst a world famous, top class footballer, wouldn&#39;t be *THAT* well known in England; Scully is the face of Super League. He&#39;s even replaced David Beckham as Gillette man.
and Paul Sculthorpe would be completely unknown in New Zealand and in 90% of Australia...

St Helens RLFC
20-07-05, 09:57 AM
A fact I don&#39;t dispute.

hurricane13
20-07-05, 10:09 AM
has the " create a player improved " ???? i wouldnt mind creating sum1 like mike tyson would i be able 2 make someone similar looking????

Mario
20-07-05, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by hurricane13@Jul 20 2005, 09:09 PM
has the " create a player improved " ???? i wouldnt mind creating sum1 like mike tyson would i be able 2 make someone similar looking????
Yes, gamers now have many more options with regards to creating and customising players. There are literally 10s of thousands of likenesses you can create, all much more realistic looking than RL1.

sambãd5
20-07-05, 11:55 AM
what are the team editors looking like?

and any carrer/franchise modes?

sorry if they have been answered, ive skimmed throught the other stuff, but you know, im dumb http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Ripper
20-07-05, 09:29 PM
Franchise mode looks preety "Kak" (Damn those Affrikaners have an awesome langauge), seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard, probably be a season mode with the option to buy and sell players with no Birthdays over 10 years.

Hopefully they will at least implement some player progession system.

Los Lover
21-07-05, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jul 20 2005, 12:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jul 20 2005, 12:42 PM)</div>
Los Lover&#39;s comments and claims on this board reflect his opinion only, and not the opinion of this board, or other members.[/Disclaimer]
ie. Don&#39;t bother apologising before you answer more questions.

Oh, and when Lover boy says &#39;we&#39;, he really means himself....And possibly a few others.

[Edit]
<!--QuoteBegin-Lovely

No, no. That&#39;s still assuming I&#39;m afraid. [/b]
geez kaftka you can be an ahole.....sometimes.

If you are denying that high tackles occur with a player controlled player with out the aggression button...then that is fine and one thing...

BUT....saying no one agrees with me and I speak for no one but myself, when it is TRUE what I am saying.

Then you are just behaving like the prat that you ironically accuse me of being.

Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn&#39;t happen....I think that speaks volumes.

So I had a few drinks and got rumbuxious, still, as per, it was still correct. Hell, I&#39;m not imagining it kaftka.

And how dare you say I speak for no one whilst you simultaneously claim to speak for everyone about me....shameless hypocrisy.

But whatever.....I&#39;ve come to expect kaftka to follow my comments around and always comment on them instead of the topic. So now I&#39;ve done it, you know what it&#39;s like. Especially if the retort is true.....as I feel mine is in this case.

kaftka
21-07-05, 05:56 AM
I didn&#39;t say what you said wasn&#39;t true, just the fact that you throw the word &#39;we&#39; areound a hell of a lot.
Half of it is my opinion on you, half is just plain stirring because you get incredibly defensive and riled up over the most trivial of matters.

And, also, in that particular post I wasn&#39;t disagreeing with you about that issue, just the fact that you tell Mario not to answer ANY questions until he has apologised to YOU.

NZL Fan
21-07-05, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 21 2005, 08:29 AM
Franchise mode looks preety "Kak" (Damn those Affrikaners have an awesome langauge), seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard, probably be a season mode with the option to buy and sell players with no Birthdays over 10 years.

Hopefully they will at least implement some player progession system.
I think its safe to presume the following about franchise mode (Mario might be able to correct anything glaringly wrong http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif )......

*It will be fairly basic (ie. not anything like franchise in Madden for instance), however it will allow players to enjoy the most fun bit - ie. The buying/selling of players, within a set salary cap.
*Training will be also fairly basic, but will allow players to improve on various aspects of general play (not actually doing the training themselves, but by choosing between various aspects of training at the beginning of each week), which will then be reflected by the team on the field of play (improved defense,kicking etc).
*Judicary will also be basic. Something like I proposed ages ago where you can either plead guilty or not quilty, with the "kicker" being if you plead not quilty, but are found quilty, then you will receive a higher sentence then if you had pleaded quilty straight off.
*Players will not age, hence they will not improve/get worse then they currently are either (presuming training affects team attributes only.....)
*Mario has already confirmed that you can play rep games/SOO during the NRL/SL franchise season. Your allegiance I believe is stated whenever you start a new franchise (ie. You put if you are a New Zealander for instance at the start of the franchise).
* Mario has confirmed that you can not change teams during the 10 year franchise (hence no job offers etc), and players from the other comps/International teams want be available to buy (ie. If playing NRL you can buy only NRL players). Custom made players will be available though, so you may be able to copy some players from other comps if you wanted to, and then add them to your team at the start of the franchise.
* Mario has confirmed that you will not be able to use a custom made team in franchise mode. I presume this means you can not start a Wellington/gold coast/central coast franchise for instance (a little disappointing....)

Mario
21-07-05, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM)</div>
Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn&#39;t happen....I think that speaks volumes.[/b]

Speaks volumes? Okay. I just don&#39;t want to get into a protracted discussion about something I have never witnessed.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard

Well, at the end of the day it is pretty basic. We have never disputed that. It is the first iteration of the franchise mode after all, and we have to start somewhere.

What we have included are a number of features such as player trading, training, stats, finance, mid season rep games etc which cover the core functionality that most people will be interested in. With future versions, we can look to build on this platform and add more depth over time.

..::ERIC::..
21-07-05, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM
With future versions,
Best. News. Ever

Probably old news, but atleast we know it keeps coming. Anyway the basic franchise mode sounds good. Has to be better that World League on r2004/5

NZL Fan
21-07-05, 06:43 AM
Mario: Don&#39;t know if you can answer this but "in the first year of franchise mode, will you be able to sell/buy players before the end of the first season??"............

Ripper
21-07-05, 08:19 AM
Dont think so... Maybe if they have a Free Agents Pool.

Los Lover
21-07-05, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 21 2005, 06:28 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 21 2005, 04:37 PM
Notice how I have reiterated that it DOES happen and Mario has NOT reiterated his claim that it doesn&#39;t happen....I think that speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes? Okay. I just don&#39;t want to get into a protracted discussion about something I have never witnessed.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
seems preety basic from what Ive seen and heard

Well, at the end of the day it is pretty basic. We have never disputed that. It is the first iteration of the franchise mode after all, and we have to start somewhere.

What we have included are a number of features such as player trading, training, stats, finance, mid season rep games etc which cover the core functionality that most people will be interested in. With future versions, we can look to build on this platform and add more depth over time. [/b]
"never witnessed"

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

but not "never happens".

I&#39;ve been very polite and respectful for the most part mario, Kaftka etc....go back over this thread and you will see my praise and the reasons cited for why are the equal, if not more extreme, than the praise given by others here.

However, I won&#39;t be made to feel remotely guilty, or otherwsie, about making a point I know to be true - when you clearly said:

"it only happens when the aggression button was pushed"

NOT = "I have never witnessed it"...but a comment that implied that it had been programmed this way -It was not.

Sidhe rocks, the league sequel will be very good methinks.....but facts are facts - neither of you have the right to have a go at me for raising the truth.

and that is all there is to it.

People ARE ****** off about head highs etc Kaftka - so you are wrong -I DO speak for them.

Later.

Ripper
21-07-05, 08:33 AM
You speak for no one apart from yourself and that over-inflated Ego inside your head...

Lol... "Respect has to be earned" that was probably your best comment ever on this forum, and as far as I see, you have none.

St Helens RLFC
21-07-05, 09:03 AM
Let&#39;s knock the vast speeches on the head, eh? Mario doesn&#39;t deny that the first game was flawed, having a shouting match isn&#39;t going to help. By all means, talk about the game, this is what the thread is for, but claiming mass representation will do your cause no good.

I have encountered head high tackles without the aggression button on a few occasions, but I just dismiss it down to a bug, and there are quite a few, even though that&#39;s only to be expected.

Mario comes on, and listens to us, and he will very certainly have taken note of what you were saying, but we&#39;re descending into "Los Lover vs. the world" here. Let&#39;s just list our suggestions and needs, and I&#39;m sure SIDHE will do us proud.

Los Lover
21-07-05, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 21 2005, 09:03 PM
Let&#39;s knock the vast speeches on the head, eh? Mario doesn&#39;t deny that the first game was flawed, having a shouting match isn&#39;t going to help. By all means, talk about the game, this is what the thread is for, but claiming mass representation will do your cause no good.

I have encountered head high tackles without the aggression button on a few occasions, but I just dismiss it down to a bug, and there are quite a few, even though that&#39;s only to be expected.

Mario comes on, and listens to us, and he will very certainly have taken note of what you were saying, but we&#39;re descending into "Los Lover vs. the world" here. Let&#39;s just list our suggestions and needs, and I&#39;m sure SIDHE will do us proud.
Mate - I started this thread. read it from the beginning....no noe says more nice things about sidhe than I do.

Kissing ass though from wall to wall of the forum, in the lead up to a game release does no one any good.

<<shaking head>>

"shouting match??"

"Los LOver v the world"?

What on eart are you talking about? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

I honestly have no idea. But your stab at my tone re: the head high is both incorrect and it ignores all the good things I said.

Then, whilst lecturing me, you actually have the temerity to mention that you too have noticed it...

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

yeah no I speak for myself alright...the only sane person here.

St Helens RLFC
21-07-05, 03:59 PM
Re-read what I wrote - I said knock off claiming you represent the world and his dog. To an extent, I agree with you over the head high, it&#39;s happened to me 2, maybe 3 times, but I just put it down to a bug.

The thing is though, I don&#39;t care about it enough to get in a tizzy.

Los Lover
22-07-05, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jul 22 2005, 03:59 AM
Re-read what I wrote - I said knock off claiming you represent the world and his dog. To an extent, I agree with you over the head high, it&#39;s happened to me 2, maybe 3 times, but I just put it down to a bug.

The thing is though, I don&#39;t care about it enough to get in a tizzy.
actually judging by the fact that I started this thread for the express purpose of addressing any faults that might be carried over....and only one seemingly has, thus I am addressing it.

IT is YOU then coming in out of the blue, juxtaposed with the intimidation of your Cartmen &#39;authorita&#39; avatar that threw the tizz and me doing what the thread is set up for.

YOU have also ignored my point about saying all the nice complimentary thing s too. I don&#39;t give a toss what you think now, I did, but frankly if you are going to just judge me according to what you pick and choose from what I say - I don&#39;t feel your instruction carries the weight it would have. You are not being fair...

Anither telling off coming unjustly??

save your breath.

NZL Fan
22-07-05, 05:06 AM
Anyhow getting back to rugby league 2.................

One thing Marios just confirmed is that player stats are still out of 10.................this is pretty disappointing, and something I was certain SIDHE would change for the new version.

Mario has said his team had more important issues to work on, but I&#39;d suggest that this is an opportunity missed to add more realism to the game, and more individuality to the players. I understand that would have meant more work for SIDHE, but i think it would have been money/time well spent.

It may not seem a big issue on the surface, but by having player attributes out of 10 you will get far less difference between various players (especially the bulk of the players just below the leading/stand out ones). This will affect how much you care for individual players that make up your team, especially in franchise, as the bulk of each squad will essentially be of very similar ilk............

Fans of the PES series will tell you that nearly every player in that game has a different "feel" to them when using them, something that won&#39;t be so evident in rugby league 2.

Though I wasn&#39;t expecting rugby league 2 to have player stats out of 100 (like PES 4), I would have thought stats out of 20 would have been the ideal, same as the original championship manager series (and that was the most realistic soccer management sim out there).

Mario
22-07-05, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 22 2005, 04:06 PM
One thing Marios just confirmed is that player stats are still out of 10.................this is pretty disappointing, and something I was certain SIDHE would change for the new version.

Mario has said his team had more important issues to work on, but I&#39;d suggest that this is an opportunity missed to add more realism to the game, and more individuality to the players. I understand that would have meant more work for SIDHE, but i think it would have been money/time well spent.
I guess the first thing to say is that we recognise that fans want the stats to be out of 100, we understand the reasons why, and we agree it would be beneficial to the game. However, this did not mean that we would necessarily proceed with such a change for this version of the game.

To speak to the immediate concern about the continued use of stats out of 10, the overhauling of the general game has certainly meant the experience is much improved. That is to say, players currently will feel more individualised (and consistently so) as it stands than previously. The game is better, no question.

The benefit of taking the current implementation and making the stats out of 100 would add only marginal differences (and therefore marginal increased value) for the majority of gamers. With this in mind and given the efforts required to make the change, we have prioritised other features such as online play and franchise mode which add substantially more functionality, options, and longevity to the game.

As with many things we could have included, we could not make the change without it being at the expense of something else. And we are very happy with the current feature set, and hope gamers will be too.

In the longer term, we would look to widen the stats to be out of 100, but we&#39;ll also look to add more stats to add more individuality to players.

NZL Fan
22-07-05, 05:31 AM
Mario: thanks for the reply.

Must be hard to "can" stuff that you know will improve the game, due to restraints in time and budget. For instance I couldn&#39;t give a toss about on-line play, but many people do.........

Are there actually more attributes being rated this time?? (which again could add more "personality" and points of difference to individual players).

Edit: sorry, just reread the last line in your reply!!

Mario
22-07-05, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 22 2005, 04:31 PM
Mario: thanks for the reply.

Must be hard to "can" stuff that you know will improve the game, due to restraints in time and budget. For instance I couldn&#39;t give a toss about on-line play, but many people do.........
Yeah, it can be hard a lot of the time, especially where fans have conflicting ideas and priorities amongst themselves. There are so many possible things to add or improve, but you have to draw a line in the sand or else you end up risking the quality of the whole project and blowing the budget.

As I have said earlier, we are pretty happy with the package of features and gameplay that we have in RL2. It will make a great platform for future versions assuming the franchise continues to be successful.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
22-07-05, 07:12 AM
why was my post deleted???????
uck yous..all of yous will perish in my minds!!!

yo ma-dee-oh..r these games gonna make a transport to the ps3 and 360...ofcourse future versions are but this rl2 version????

and can u (if you are aloud)..put up the game controllers or the control format..cheers buddy and my dads gonna smash whoever deleted my post!!!!

word to tha mutha

gjohn85
22-07-05, 05:25 PM
I was reading Mario&#39;s posts on the rugby league 2 site & he mentioned something along the lines of &#39;late inclusion of the Xbox version&#39;. So basically I pressume that an Xbox version will see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Mario
23-07-05, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by gjohn85@Jul 23 2005, 04:25 AM
I was reading Mario&#39;s posts on the rugby league 2 site & he mentioned something along the lines of &#39;late inclusion of the Xbox version&#39;. So basically I pressume that an Xbox version will see the light at the end of the tunnel?
That comment was made in reference to the reasons why RL1 was delayed. The "late inclusion of Xbox" split our development efforts for RL1 so we had to push back the release date by a month.

Whether RL2 will appear on Xbox is unconfirmed by HES at this stage.

Ripper
23-07-05, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 20 2005, 09:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 20 2005, 09:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-hurricane13@Jul 20 2005, 09:09 PM
Yes, gamers now have many more options with regards to creating and customising players. There are literally 10s of thousands of likenesses you can create, all much more realistic looking than RL1. [/b]
Left Footed Kickers this time around?

doovepop
24-07-05, 03:44 AM
Left footed kickers is still unconfirmed

gjohn85
24-07-05, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 23 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 23 2005, 11:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85@Jul 23 2005, 04:25 AM
That comment was made in reference to the reasons why RL1 was delayed. The "late inclusion of Xbox" split our development efforts for RL1 so we had to push back the release date by a month.

Whether RL2 will appear on Xbox is unconfirmed by HES at this stage.[/b]
Sorry Mario, I saw that & got excited!

That was the closest I got for a confirmation on the xbox! (for RL2)

C A Iversen
25-07-05, 01:47 AM
Thank god, were back on the issues with the game again. I&#39;m very pleased with all I&#39;ve heard as far as improvements and how Mario seems upfront about the fact that its not going to be a perfect game just a very decent improvement.

Not trying to rehash anything, but the only reason I post bugger all on The Rugby forum anymore is I don&#39;t like being told what to think about games and which games to like or don&#39;t like, which companies to hate or not. It doesn&#39;t seem to come from anymore than one person, and I find that most people are willing to differ in opinion and are alright with that.

Lets just say Kaftka isn&#39;t perfect but he leaves me to have my own say.

All of that was in the hope that moderators start helping those of us who don&#39;t want to have to resort to "who can yell loudest" in text. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

kaftka
25-07-05, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 25 2005, 12:47 PM
Lets just say Kaftka isn&#39;t perfect
You&#39;re kidding, right? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Other than that, I agree with everything you say. You have a knack at improving on my speeches (I think it was you in that other thread)

sambãd5
25-07-05, 07:18 AM
how is music and such going to work? is it going to be real songs or is it going to be the da da denaow de dada deda da again?

how far % wise are you anyway? any point making suggestions now anyway?

doovepop
25-07-05, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by sambad5@Jul 25 2005, 06:18 PM
how is music and such going to work? is it going to be real songs or is it going to be the da da denaow de dada deda da again?

how far % wise are you anyway? any point making suggestions now anyway?
the only licence music will be That&#39;s My Team and rest will be there own made up ones.
theres not point making suggestions for rl2.
as they have finished the game.
all they are doing now is fune tuning and getting rid of bugs.

sanzar
27-07-05, 05:41 AM
Hay, is anyone still regularly visiting the official sidhe RL2 forums? If so can you compile a list of the new info thats been released? I can&#39;t be f***ed going to it anymore... nothing ever seems to happen and there are too many school kids bitching.

NZL Fan
27-07-05, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM
Hay, is anyone still regularly visiting the official sidhe RL2 forums? If so can you compile a list of the new info thats been released? I can&#39;t be f***ed going to it anymore... nothing ever seems to happen and there are too many school kids bitching.
This thread will give you most of the answers you are after...............

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=3417

I&#39;m in your boat in regards to the official SIDHE RL2 site - too many bored people repeating the same old questions over and over.....................perhaps Mario could sticky the thread I just linked to on the site and encourage the guy who posted it to keep it up to date - he was doing a good service.

sanzar
27-07-05, 05:58 AM
Cheers, thats a bit of a help!

ak47
27-07-05, 06:49 AM
yes yes and yes

No offense to the Sidhe boys but that forum is out of control and unconstructive

its a mess http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif

too many kids, bitches and bored idiots

its that bad even the little whipper snappers have hit-up the Melbourne cup thread and turned that into a thread-fest..........one thread titled "will there be biff" in the Melbourne cup section

this is why i am a proud TRF member http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

doovepop
27-07-05, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jul 27 2005, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jul 27 2005, 04:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM
This thread will give you most of the answers you are after...............

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=3417

I&#39;m in your boat in regards to the official SIDHE RL2 site - too many bored people repeating the same old questions over and over.....................perhaps Mario could sticky the thread I just linked to on the site and encourage the guy who posted it to keep it up to date - he was doing a good service. [/b]
ive got the full list of what mario has said or confirmed
in the rugby league 2 insider.
its called Mario insider.
http://leaguegaming.7.forumer.com/

fordage
27-07-05, 04:17 PM
if the usa tomahawks are in the game does that mean its safe to assume the irish wolfhounds are in it too? and mario, do u know if the squad for ireland( if included) is the proper irish team drawn from Rugby League Ireland, that plays in the nations cup or the mickey mouse one we had in the last world cup where the only thing irish about most of the team was that they iked the odd guinness?

NZL Fan
27-07-05, 09:32 PM
Even though it has been discussed in this thread with Mario already I can&#39;t but fell bummed out that the players still have the same old attributes based out of 10..............

The more I think about it the more I think SIDHE have dropped the ball on this one, as it would have made the new Franchise mode so much more a rewarding experience. At it stands there will be 100 odd clones of the same basic player model to choose from when constructing your team, with little difference between them.

I mean some of the new things like ball stripping (hardly a priority I would have thought) have been included at the expense of other more important things?? online play should only be implemented (though some would disagree) once the one player mode has been vastly improved, as it is easily the most played mode. I mean how many versions has the PES series gone through before finally going online??

From what I&#39;ve seen from the suggestions for rugby league 2, one of the most popular was for "holding down in the tackle" (a great feature from EAs old ARL game), but that didn&#39;t get the go ahead?? "Ball stripping" occurs once a blue moon (and isn&#39;t that relevant) whilst "holding down in the tackle" happens every second tackle (and is an important strategy in the real game)?? Would have been great to have this feature along with the ref being clearly heard to say "get off him", "dominant" etc

I presume whenever a new version is confirmed the top SIDHE brass sit around brainstorming about what to include/not include?? (maybe Mario could give us a behind the scenes look at this process).

Perhaps I might get an invite next time to plead the case for more individual player abilities (including a bigger range for player stats, more player abilities, *special* player abilities), FORM RATINGS (to encourage us to change our starting lineup during the season, and faithfully recreate those players that are erratic in their performance from game to game).

This would have extended the fun factor (especially in creating teams in franchise mode) of the game tenfold . Hopefully at least fatigue plays a part in how effective players are from game to game in franchise/season mode??

......and lastly (if you are still reading) I find it a little ironic that some members on this thread are criticising the SIDHE forums when SOME of our (long term) members are turning some of the rugby forums threads (including this thread) into mindless, off topic chatter (Oh, and Ripper, it was ME http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif ).

ak47
27-07-05, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 28 2005, 08:32 AM
Even though it has been discussed in this thread with Mario already I can&#39;t but fell bummed out that the players still have the same old attributes based out of 10..............

The more I think about it the more I think SIDHE have dropped the ball on this one, as it would have made the new Franchise mode so much more a rewarding experience. At it stands there will be 100 odd clones of the same basic player model to choose from when constructing your team, with little difference between them.

I mean some of the new things like ball stripping (hardly a priority I would have thought) have been included at the expense of other more important things?? online play should only be implemented (though some would disagree) once the one player mode has been vastly improved, as it is easily the most played mode. I mean how many versions has the PES series gone through before finally going online??

From what I&#39;ve seen from the suggestions for rugby league 2, one of the most popular was for "holding down in the tackle" (a great feature from EAs old ARL game), but that didn&#39;t get the go ahead?? "Ball stripping" occurs once a blue moon (and isn&#39;t that relevant) whilst "holding down in the tackle" happens every second tackle (and is an important strategy in the real game)?? Would have been great to have this feature along with the ref being clearly heard to say "get off him", "dominant" etc
I agree with everything you said

player ratings out of 100 is a necessity
holding down on the tackle - i thought this was included - totally bummed out now

Yeah i cannot stand it when developers go for online play when the basics arent good enough

I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES

I do not want to think about the sacrifices made to inlcude online feature

No point building on a game without the foundations fully approved - and RL1 was a mixed reaction.........PES series is never debated - only within its own editions

Mario
28-07-05, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 28 2005, 10:47 AM
holding down on the tackle - i thought this was included - totally bummed out now

Holding down in the tackle is included. You can even be penalised for it.

I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES[/b]

Its not motivated by sales, but by giving people what they want. Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.

NZL Fan
28-07-05, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47@Jul 28 2005, 10:47 AM

Holding down in the tackle is included. You can even be penalised for it.

I believe it is the going trend these days with developers - GET IT ONLINE, SELLS MORE COPIES[/b]

Its not motivated by sales, but by giving people what they want. Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode. [/b]
Whoops sorry Mario (went through the official sites "features" list and didn&#39;t see it there)............

That is excellent news. Does the ref make calls relating to the play the ball area ie. "get off him" "release" etc?? (not a biggie though...)

Edit: Is this "new" news on the game?? Holding down in the tackle is not mentioned in the "features" in the official site, neither could I find Mario confirming this in the past??

Player ratings out of 10 could work a lot better if you utilised the whole range of numbers (rather then just the middle/top end), and perhaps SIDHE have implemented this instead?? eg. average/good players have ratings between say 4-7 (maybe with the odd higher or lower stat), great players between 8-10 (maybe with the odd lower stat), below standard (for top flight footy anyhow) players 1-3 (maybe with the odd higher stat).

This would therefore spread the range of ratings, and make individual players less alike.

A "1" wouldn&#39;t mean they couldn&#39;t catch and pass anything, instead a "1" would be like a very basic "run of the mill" standard (ie. Can do the basics, but nothing special). This would reflect the fact that any top grade footy player has at least an above average playing ability to make it that far in the first place.....

ak47
28-07-05, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.
Thats a pity

Obviously these people were very satisfied with everything else
was that request from the PC users??

ie PC users have a patched copy - no gameplay gripes
same people request online - coz pc online is the standard

I trust its nearly perfect if online was implemented
regardless of feedback..u know ur stuff, u know rugby league, so personally urself u must be extremely satisfied with everything else, to include the online feature

would have thought these should be addressed for optimum realism
left footed kickers was more important
progressive dirt
dominant tackles
customised replays
I know for a fact console online has not really taken off, especially in australia/nz and especially when compared to the online pc market

Seems the 2nd most requested feature was from pc users whom have the patched copy - DO YOU NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS?..I do.....they dont use the shelved copy!

Edit

furthur to all this u can already see the massive demand the online for the next rugby 2006
we all already know for a fact alot of issues need to be adressed before online can be implemented in rugby 2006

its these unedcuated requests i hope havent polluted Sidhe&#39;s priorities for Rugby League 2

Thanks for the info on &#39;holding down in the tackle&#39; - VERY GOOD NEWS http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Mario
28-07-05, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jul 28 2005, 12:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 28 2005, 12:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Online play was the second most requested feature from fans behind Franchise Mode.
Thats a pity

Obviously these people were very satisfied with everything else
was that request from the PC users??

ie PC users have a patched copy - no gameplay gripes
same people request online - coz pc online is the standard [/b]
Actually, the majority of requests for online play came from console users.

ak47
28-07-05, 02:47 AM
**** aye

well i will be expecting the perfect game then

Heck Madden only got online a few years ago

already on rugby league 2

i hope the gameplay has improved in the same respect
visually it has come on leaps and bounds, so i shouldnt be so negative towards the gameplay.......

Just dont wanna be as excited as last time, as i felt empty with NRL after a few weeks of play

NZL Fan
28-07-05, 05:30 AM
Just to reiterate on my idea of minipulating the current "player ratings out of 10" - the numbers could be made to relate to the following percentages.........

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%
10 = 97% (NO ONES perfect)

Surely this would allow for more variety between the different players rather then the current method which has a mass of players scoring around the 6-7 mark (2 ratings) in most abilities?? By using this model the bulk of these same players would be spread over 2-6 (5 ratings)..........

ak47
28-07-05, 05:54 AM
I know exactly what ur saying NZL

IMO - thats the best/only way to get the most out of the stats that max at 10

good thinking

I hope Sidhe have implemented

Ripper
28-07-05, 06:10 AM
Once again - who is the A-Hole, who instead of owning up takes the cowardly way out and deletes all the posts asking who was the A-Hole who deleted all the posts...

Im sure its NZL_Fan...

NZL Fan
28-07-05, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 05:10 PM
Once again - who is the A-Hole, who instead of owning up takes the cowardly way out and deletes all the posts asking who was the A-Hole who deleted all the posts...

Im sure its NZL_Fan...
See my post half way up the page.........

Ripper
28-07-05, 06:16 AM
Well would you look at that...

Nazi

Los Lover
28-07-05, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jul 28 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jul 28 2005, 06:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 05:10 PM

Im sure its NZL_Fan...
See my post half way up the page......... [/b]
you are interevening unnecessarily my sub1000 posts....like the dude who becomes a cop cos he got beat up at school and wants to bully everyone else, like, as if, once having learned it is bad, then it is somehow not even worse to do it yourself.

Good one NZL fan...

legend buddy.

Delet that...go on...there it goes....out the door and into the trash in the hands of the nazi. Don&#39;t spill any Henrich....

Ripper
28-07-05, 06:50 AM
Alright... I sense a PM war between TRF&#39;s very own Nazi and NZL_Fan...

Post the carnage here.

NZL Fan
28-07-05, 06:57 AM
Its simple really, stick to topic and I wont have to delete posts.

If you want to talk "off topic" use the relevant threads on this forum.

Number of posts made is not whats important, QUALITY of posts made is what is important.

Now feel free to talk about rugby league 2 all you like............

Ripper
28-07-05, 06:59 AM
and your reason for deleting the stuff in the Off-Topic discussion?

The title of the board is clearly OFF-TOPIC, we werent offending anyone, even a fellow mod in St Helens said the Bitching thread was one of the best he&#39;s seen in ages, you should be stripped of your rank just for deleting the Rassie v Chiro war...

Los Lover
28-07-05, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 06:59 PM
and your reason for deleting the stuff in the Off-Topic discussion?

The title of the board is clearly OFF-TOPIC, we werent offending anyone, even a fellow mod in St Helens said the Bitching thread was one of the best he&#39;s seen in ages, you should be stripped of your rank just for deleting the Rassie v Chiro war...
there have been #)+ posts here - over HALF on the topic I starter ARSE BREATH!!!.....f***ing stop killing normal speech and go away and write the sequel to 1984 you f****ing a**ho*e NZL fan you heathen ba**ard.

Jesus pal, what is wrong with you?

come on - leave this be - let the people decide.

VOX POPULIS....VOX DEI

"THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE............

IS THE VOICE OF GOD."

Think about it pal.

sambãd5
19-08-05, 11:32 AM
proberly asked before, but jason stevens - does he do wedgie tackles?

and ripper wanted to know, when you use hapouati, and hold on in a tackle does he, erm, you know?

St Helens RLFC
19-08-05, 04:36 PM
Finally, the thread is back ON topic!

Mario - could you tell us about the minimum specifications for the PC version of the game?

Mario
19-08-05, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 20 2005, 03:36 AM
Finally, the thread is back ON topic!

Mario - could you tell us about the minimum specifications for the PC version of the game?
Same as the previous version except we no longer support Windows 98.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
20-08-05, 01:04 AM
anyone see the news report on this on channel 3?

yeh i dont know...graphics look WAY better..animations looked tweak

but the gameplay still looks shoddy..steven price was playing the game against the comp i think it twas..the coverboy himself said he was having fun...

i noticed tho..it was the warriors vs the knights i believe
i noticed from the scrum once stacey picked up the ball he stopped..then ran...which was the same thing that happened on part 1..stop an go..no on the burst or running onto it

he also ran directly into the opposing defender from the scrum and tried to swerve away before contact..which looked blocky an unrealistic becoz the impact just stopped an collapsed...when usually players either progress forward or backward or sideways one on one...

yeh..gameplay looks samey..which is a shame
hopefully u prove me wrong rl2..

also..the career mode is sounding stronger by the day which is rilly cool..sounds really indepth..
even sjrl was a surprise with all the gaming an sub gaming options they had was awesome so this sequel sounds much better and sound like the big draw card "the franchise mode"<awesome

but gameplay looks samey....<lamey

Ripper
20-08-05, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by sambad5@Aug 19 2005, 10:32 PM
proberly asked before, but jason stevens - does he do wedgie tackles?

and ripper wanted to know, when you use hapouati, and hold on in a tackle does he, erm, you know?
Sambad wants to know if you have any ideas He can pass on to his Lesbian, Leftist Puppet Masters on how to spend even more and more on the Health System while making the hospital waiting lists even longer.

George Hawkins is also wondering if you know of any good Taxi Companies he could redirect the 111 Ph Number too.

NZL Fan
24-08-05, 02:48 AM
Mario: Just going back to the player ability ratings again..................do the numbers 1-10 equate to 0-100% ability (ie. a 1 is 10%), or do they reflect something else??

If they do reflect something else has Sidhe utilised the whole range of numbers more, rather then just mainly 6-9 as was the case in Rugby league one??(ie. are there more 1s-4s) http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

ie.something like I mentioned before,

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%

Mario
24-08-05, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 01:48 PM
Mario: Just going back to the player ability ratings again..................do the numbers 1-10 equate to 0-100% ability (ie. a 1 is 10%), or do they reflect something else??

If they do reflect something else has Sidhe utilised the whole range of numbers more, rather then just mainly 6-9 as was the case in Rugby league one??(ie. are there more 1s-4s) http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

ie.something like I mentioned before,

1 = 55% ability rating
2 = 60%
3 = 64%
4 = 68%
5 = 72%
6 = 76%
7 = 81%
8 = 86%
9 = 92%
I can see what you are getting at, but what you are proposing doesn&#39;t really make sense mathematically in the context of the game.

It will be the case that the majority of players will have stats in the 4-7+ range, but the game also has scope to support lower ratings for players degrading in Franchise, custom players, and the occassional limited default players.

Doing what you propose would allow for more variation in one sense, but would actually restrict it in another (you&#39;d trade off more individuality at the upper end with having a much larger pool of "samey" players at the lower end).

In any case, you have the ability to adjust gameplay sliders and edit the stats as you see fit, so you can customise individual players and teams to your own preferences.

NZL Fan
24-08-05, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the reply....

........no my idea isn&#39;t ideal, but when you are working with stats only out of 10 a bit of creative thinking was needed.......I&#39;d rather the rubbish players were "samey", then the middle to top players.......

So to recap: Is a 1 rating in ability equivalent to 10% ability??Ie. A person with a "1" for handling has a 90% chance of dropping the ball??

ak47
24-08-05, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Aug 24 2005, 02:45 PM
In any case, you have the ability to adjust gameplay sliders and edit the stats as you see fit, so you can customise individual players and teams to your own preferences.
Does this mean we can amend the overall rating of a team??

ie say the Tigers, Bulldogs and Roosters

Have Sidhe amended the teams overall ratings to their current state - or is that something locked in already for our adjusting

Coz even in my "Raiders" opinion the Tigers should be atleast top5 teams within the game

I suppose either way in frachise this is all negated after the 1st batch of negotiations

Mario
24-08-05, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Aug 24 2005, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 24 2005, 02:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Aug 24 2005, 02:45 PM
Does this mean we can amend the overall rating of a team??

ie say the Tigers, Bulldogs and Roosters

Have Sidhe amended the teams overall ratings to their current state - or is that something locked in already for our adjusting

Coz even in my "Raiders" opinion the Tigers should be atleast top5 teams within the game

I suppose either way in frachise this is all negated after the 1st batch of negotiations [/b]
You can edit default team stuff too.

Mario
24-08-05, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

........no my idea isn&#39;t ideal, but when you are working with stats only out of 10 a bit of creative thinking was needed.......I&#39;d rather the rubbish players were "samey", then the middle to top players.......

So to recap: Is a 1 rating in ability equivalent to 10% ability??Ie. A person with a "1" for handling has a 90% chance of dropping the ball??
Its not really that linear for the most part.

NZL Fan
24-08-05, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

Its not really that linear for the most part. [/b]
..and thats political speak for??

Really the reason I am interested is that I might want to edit teams and spread the ability ratings over a wider range - HOWEVER if a 1-3 means that the player would not be able to function basic abilities, then I&#39;d probably leave it as is.........

Good news about the team ratings though - games like rugby 2005 have team ratings that are set, without the ability to customise..........which is a pain.

Mario
24-08-05, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 25 2005, 09:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 25 2005, 09:40 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Aug 24 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

Its not really that linear for the most part.
..and thats political speak for??

Really the reason I am interested is that I might want to edit teams and spread the ability ratings over a wider range - HOWEVER if a 1-3 means that the player would not be able to function basic abilities, then I&#39;d probably leave it as is.........

Good news about the team ratings though - games like rugby 2005 have team ratings that are set, without the ability to customise..........which is a pain. [/b]
"Linear" is a mathematical reference. In saying that its not linear means their isn&#39;t necessarily a direct correlation between a player&#39;s individual stat and a given action. There are other factors that influence any given situation. In some situations multiple stats are used in combination with environmental and situational factors (such as confidence levels) to determine outcomes.

I don&#39;t really have the time or the inclination to explain it any more than this. I&#39;ll just reiterate that I understand what you are proposing but you are oversimplifying the situation, and the argument is therefore flawed.

In my view, you should leave the stats the way they are when you get the game as thats what the gameplay has been balanced around.

NZL Fan
24-08-05, 11:40 PM
Cheers..............I&#39;ll just make the "odd" minor player ability adjustment then at the top end of the stats.........

Hopefully in version three we can get the stats out of 100, and at least triple the amount of abilities being rated, as well as some "hidden" abilities that cannot be seen or changed by the user (ie. consistancy, "big game"/pressure ability, leadership)...........

ak47
25-08-05, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 25 2005, 10:40 AM
Cheers..............I&#39;ll just make the "odd" minor player ability adjustment then at the top end of the stats.........

Hopefully in version three we can get the stats out of 100, and at least triple the amount of abilities being rated, as well as some "hidden" abilities that cannot be seen or changed by the user (ie. consistancy, "big game"/pressure ability, leadership)...........
YES NZL FAN

PES special abilities, which have STAR ratings

Good thinking