PDA

View Full Version : Gloucester v Cardiff Blues

An Tarbh
17-04-09, 03:27 PM
<div align='center'>http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/uploads/Gloucester.pnghttp://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/uploads/Cardiff.png
Glocuester v Cardiff Blues</div>

First final of the season sees the Blues taking on Gloucester at Twickenham.

Seeing as this is the last final under the current format there&#39;s the added motivation of being the last winner.

The Blues have kept up their European form in this competition and probably go in as favourites having already knocked out Northampton, Leicester, Bath and Sale. Gloucester for their part have seen off the Ospreys, Wasps, Dragons and Newcastle to get to the final.

Both sides also have the added incentive of laying down a final marker for Lions selection with McGeechan and Edwards watching on in the stands. Tindall missing out through injury probably finishes off his chances but the likes of Delve and Roberts still have a point to prove.

Should be the Blues to take the win but I think it could be a close affair.

Sir Speedy
17-04-09, 03:49 PM
The Blues shouldn&#39;t lose this. They&#39;re the only Welsh side with a steely edge, whereas Gloucester have nerves of jelly, and Cardiff also have the advantage of having beaten Gloucester twice already this year.

An Tarbh
17-04-09, 03:51 PM
you&#39;d think as well that if they play anyway like they did in the semi final that this Cardiff side would take the chances which the Ospreys spurned.

sean43
17-04-09, 03:54 PM
Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit!

An Tarbh
17-04-09, 04:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391709')</div>
Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit![/b]

wasn&#39;t an issue the last 2 times, should be this time round either.

Thingimubob
17-04-09, 10:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391710')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391709')
Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit![/b]

[/b][/quote]

were we favouritesin the HC clashes? I thought it was about equal, maybe slight advantage to the home side
I feel like we&#39;re more than capable of winning, but something at the back of my mind is telling me to be nervous :mellow: it&#39;ll be close, but hopefully a Blues victory

An Tarbh
17-04-09, 10:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391819')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391710')
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391709')

[/b][/quote]

were we favouritesin the HC clashes? I thought it was about equal, maybe slight advantage to the home side
I feel like we&#39;re more than capable of winning, but something at the back of my mind is telling me to be nervous :mellow: it&#39;ll be close, but hopefully a Blues victory
[/b][/quote]

well I&#39;d always have a ML side as favourites at home to any GP side in the HEC and given the way the pool had gone before the game at Kingsholm i.e. getting the win away in Biarritz, I think it was fair to say the Blues were favourites for that one as well.

Sir Speedy
17-04-09, 11:02 PM
Gloucester had just lost away to Newcastle - who were **** at the time - aswell, so I certainly had the Blues as favourites for that game.

Thingimubob
18-04-09, 01:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391821')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391819')
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391710')

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well I&#39;d always have a ML side as favourites at home to any GP side in the HEC and given the way the pool had gone before the game at Kingsholm i.e. getting the win away in Biarritz, I think it was fair to say the Blues were favourites for that one as well.
[/b][/quote]

ah fair enough, I was nervous before the home match and didn;t quite expect the result we had, and thought we could&#39;ve scraped a win against them in Kingsholm (how we did with 14 men I still don&#39;t know). Hmmm just read an online article saying how the Blues are just about good enough to beat Gloucester but nowhere near enough to beat the Tigers in Cardiff <_< they seem to be forgetting that we already have this season.

Sir Speedy
18-04-09, 01:40 AM
It&#39;s a load of bull****. If their dire performance against Bath is an indicator for the Cardiff game, they will be hammered.

Thingimubob
18-04-09, 01:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 18 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391840')</div>
It&#39;s a load of bull****. If their dire performance against Bath is an indicator for the Cardiff game, they will be hammered.[/b]

link -----> Biased Guardian Crap (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/apr/14/leicester-tigers-munster-heineken-cup)

the Blues have shown that they can deal with big game pressure (and against one of Europes best teams too), and have already proven they can beat a full strength Leicester team at home so I really don&#39;t see why he&#39;s written them off so easily <_<

Sir Speedy
18-04-09, 02:08 AM
Problem with playing Leicester is they&#39;re an experienced outfit who love to win, and when they switch on they&#39;re a powerful side, as Llanelli Scarlets found in &#39;07. Cardiff will need to play better against them this time &#39;round than they did in the Mickey Mouse cup in the Autumn. A first trophy in their history tomorrow will give them the taste of gold, and that will only spur them on to take Leicester apart, assuming the latter continues in this line of form.

glosbigboy
18-04-09, 12:20 PM
I`ll stick my neck out here and predict a fine win for Glaws. I have no other reason for this exept pure blind loyalty.

monkeypigeon
18-04-09, 12:32 PM
Actually, I have a feeling that Gloucester might win this aswell. It&#39;s not a bad team by any means and nobody likes wionning to the same team 3 times in one season!

Which is also why I&#39;m a tad worried about Munster vs Leinster semi-final and that Munster vs Ospreys Magners League end of season game!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:24 PM
Its the Polystyrine Cup final! And the fans are flocking to Twickenham in their tens!

Estimated turnout: 2,000 :lol:

EDIT: HAW HAW! Balshaw is out injired so Glaws to win by 200 points.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks rugby games are much better at night? All the atmosphere seems to evaporate on a nice spring/summers day.

As usual Glaws are pants and Cardiff take advantage, barely held up at the like before Jason Spice goes off.

0 - 0

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:35 PM
More unrelenting Cardiff pressure yields a penalty which Ben Blair misses. Pretty easy kick too with no wind.

If anyone knows Dean Ryan he&#39;ll be screaming his head off on the touch line.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:37 PM
Good reply by Glaws if half arsed. For example, why was Ryan Lamb trying to strip Narraway of the ball?!?!?! SAME TEAM!

In the end good kick and chase and results in a penalty for holding on for Glaws..Lamb misses.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:38 PM
And just when it was looking so good for Cardiff but it all comes apart from Nicky Robinson fails to take a kick properly and ends with a scrum on the 22 for Glaws..

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:42 PM
Cardiff back on form with a superb move which hangs, draws and quarters Glaws. Good direct running to get the hard yards and set up Nicky Robinson to run through the gap. Some brilliant passing work between him and Halfpenny and Cardiff don&#39;t neccessarily fire a shot across possible HEC finalists Munster&#39;s bows but an entire broadside.

Cardiff 7 - Glaws 0

Meh
18-04-09, 02:43 PM
What a try from Halfpenny.

Cardiff playing with lots of confidence.

Prestwick
And Cardiff&#39;s fans were almost made to wait an entire 30 second before another Cardiff try before a knock on. Gloucester are being made to look very very ordinary.

One has to wonder how they&#39;re top of the GP this season..

Prestwick
OH HAY GUYZ! NICE OF YOU ALL TO JOIN ME!

An Tarbh
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391886')</div>
Cardiff back on form with a superb move which hangs, draws and quarters Glaws. Good direct running to get the hard yards and set up Nicky Robinson to run through the gap. Some brilliant passing work between him and Halfpenny and Cardiff don&#39;t neccessarily fire a shot across possible HEC finalists Munster&#39;s bows but an entire broadside.

Cardiff 7 - Glaws 0[/b]

well Gloucester are hardly up to the same level as any of the quarter finalists so hardly a shot at Munster at all.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:44 PM
Another grand move by Cardiff resulting in a clever chip and chase by Halfpenny denied only by a sneaky push..

..seriously, even Brian Moore saw it.

An Tarbh
18-04-09, 02:45 PM
it was an obvious push but never in a month of Sundays was that a yellow card offence.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 18 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391890')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391886')

Cardiff 7 - Glaws 0[/b]

well Gloucester are hardly up to the same level as any of the quarter finalists so hardly a shot at Munster at all.
[/b][/quote]

Well neither were the Ospreys so yes, a definite shot at Munster.

Cardiff are saying "if you can run in tries from anywhere, so can we"

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:49 PM
Slower this time but the momentum is with Cardiff and Glaws are penalised, Blair takes the penalty.

That pro-England, one-eyed, biased against the Welsh Brian Moore is positively brimming with praise for Cardiff...if that ************ I can hear in the BBC commentary box?

Cardiff 10 - Gloucestshire special needs under 21s 0

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:51 PM
Gloucester attempts to disrupt things at the breakdown but Cardiff are having none of it.

Great offloading to Williams and then over to Mr Gonzalez Leigh Halfpenny to run in the try.

Cardiff rampant and posing a few questions to Munster OR Leinster (sorry, Mr Doctor ;) )...

Cardiff 17 - Gloucester over 90s all stars 0.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:53 PM
Lamb very very lucky to get away with that. Should have been yellow by a country mile.

Glaws under 12s have had to make about a billion tackles to Cardiffs seven. Utterly embarrasing to the only team to choke more than the All Blacks: Gloucester.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:55 PM
And 24 minutes in, Gloucester finally wake up.

Its rather sad that the Glaws guys are celebrating the sacking of Halfpenny as if they&#39;ve just won the HEC...

Prestwick
18-04-09, 02:56 PM
Gloucester are trying, bless their little hearts but ultimately rubbish. The moment any kind of pressure builds and they kick it away..

Meh
18-04-09, 02:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391894')</div>
Slower this time but the momentum is with Cardiff and Glaws are penalised, Blair takes the penalty.

That pro-England, one-eyed, biased against the Welsh Brian Moore is positively brimming with praise for Cardiff...if that ************ I can hear in the BBC commentary box?

Cardiff 10 - Gloucestshire special needs under 21s 0[/b]

I&#39;ve always liked Brian Moore. :P

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:00 PM
Gloucester somehow manage to bludgeon their way through and somehow get a try. This is the Matthew Hayden 2005 school of playing sport: You&#39;re out of form, you&#39;re seriously out of kilter against the other team so your only choice is to graft (poorly) for the result.

Lamb true to form as England&#39;s 2nd most dissapointing fly half, fluffs the conversion.

Cardiff 17 - Gloucester 5

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:02 PM
Somehow, somehow Glaws are slowly climbing back into this match. Nowhere near Cardiff&#39;s level of intensity yet but slowly realising they&#39;re at a cup final today..

getofmeland
18-04-09, 03:07 PM
Typical Glaws... take there time to get into the game...

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:09 PM
Cardiff respond with good ball retention and by slowly building. Good Gloucester defence (for once in their miserable lives) but they can&#39;t keep defending forever and in the end its down to Tom James vs Greg Somerville. The average Northern Hemisphere player simply runs around the the All Black super human and manages somehow to get the ball down. Not converted.

Cardiff 22 - Gloucester 5

EDIT: Is that a monkey chant I can hear...?!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:13 PM
I&#39;ve got one word for Gloucester right now for this half: fail.

Cardiff have obliterated Gloucester and the Cherry and whites go into the dressing room for yet another diabolical rant and rave from Dean Ryan.

Speaking of Ryan, he will be seriously considering position after this. Walkinshaw can&#39;t seriously believe that he can deliver anything for Gloucester and eventually players will start to think what exactly is the point in being screamed at every half time talk, full time talk, training talk and so on. I predict Narraway, Sinbad and others to move on in the next two seasons if Ryan stays.

Bumbadum
18-04-09, 03:15 PM
Some awesome handling for Cardiff early on....Halfpenny&#39;s first try was awesome. Great finish by Tom James aswell, nice awareness.

Rush has been immense for the blues...bad news for Powell&#39;s Lions ambitions.

Is an enjoyable game to watch so far.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:20 PM
I don&#39;t know whats worse; Charlie Hodgesons inability to hack any kind of pressure or Ryan Lambs ability to hack up anything he touches if he gets out of bed the wrong way in the morning.

Lamb has been utterly rubbish so far this half.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:25 PM
Half time starts with Glaws giving Cardiff such a nasty nip on the little toe, managing somehow getting a scrum..

..and then butcher a 4 on 3.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:29 PM
And then Glaws decide to play WIMBLEDON ^_^ and Cardiff, being a trillion points in front are only too happy to oblige, humouring Glaws until Ryan Lamb does the decent thing and slices it out in his own 22...

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:31 PM
OH MY GOD GLOUCESTER KNOW HOW TO RUN!

And we thought Dean Ryan was running a Tennis academy down there in the West Country.

But, as usual, Glaws screw up whatever break they made (and it was a great break from Ryan Lamb) by headbutting players off the ball. Nice one lads.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:35 PM
Cardiff don&#39;t seem to notice that Glaws are at least trying and continue along regardless with another good move which Olly Morgan has to scramble back to save..

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:38 PM
God I love bashing Glaws.

Cardiff are being given a really easy ride because when Gloucester aren&#39;t hoofing away posession, they&#39;re rumbling along slowly. Only once in a blue moon do we actually see any pace.

Bortolami on but he&#39;s being thrust into yet another lost cause..

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:42 PM
Another quick fact: 103 tackles by Glaws to Cardiffs 50 odd.

Cardiff look as though they could saunter in from anywhere here. A definite message to their HEC opponents be they Leicester, Leinster or Munster..

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:45 PM
Ian McGeechan and Shaun Edwards are lurking the stands like the scandalous Wasp skulduggers that they are...

..probably safe to say that no Glaws players have booked their place on the plane to South Afica today.

Another game of kicking tennis, another controlled Cardiff boot finding touch on Glaws five meter line and look! Andy Powell has come on fresh from the local South Wales 300 re-enactment society meeting!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:47 PM
Meanwhile Dean Ryan replaces one no hoper with another. Barkley on for Lamb..

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:50 PM
Andy Powell steams through Gloucester earlier like an icebreaker through butter. Interesting analogy, I know, I know..

Cardiff still daring to dream of yet more tries while GLoucester just want to go home..

getofmeland
18-04-09, 03:55 PM
Another Try for Cardiff Blues.... GAME OVER!!! has been for ages!!!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:55 PM
I thought I&#39;d wander off to make a cup of tea while Gloucester had posession to see if they could do anything with it....

..came back and saw them flail around before Cardiff get poesession, break and score. Easy easy eay.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 03:57 PM
Oh god. Utterly woeful.

You have to feel sorry for Glaws...but I don&#39;t, HAW! :lol:

Cardiff 36 - Glaws OAP XV 5

EDIT: Hey Doc, still think this ain&#39;t a message to Munster? ;)

getofmeland
18-04-09, 03:57 PM
How did they even get to the final??

getofmeland
18-04-09, 03:59 PM
OMG Glaws nearly scored a try!!!

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:00 PM
Can Glaws get double figures??

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:00 PM
It takes all the skill of Gloucester only decent player, Sinbad, to get Glaws anywhere near the try line and even then they botch it.

ITS BOTCHAMANIA! (in Wrestling speak)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8-GkVrtNIM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8-GkVrtNIM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 04:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391920')</div>
Oh god. Utterly woeful.

EDIT: Hey Doc, still think this ain&#39;t a message to Munster? ;)[/b]

Maybe it is, but getting Munster to take them seriously is hardly going to improve their chances ;)

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:02 PM
God. It says something that the only way Gloucester can score is by repeatedly bashing against a brick wall. And like all idiots nutting brick walls the wall has to give. And a penalty try is awarded.

Cardiff 36 - Glaws skinheads 12

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:03 PM
WOW Glaws finally got into double figures even if it was a penalty try!!! WOO!!!

Haha talk about dump your mate in trouble...

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:05 PM
Again, the All Black super-trans-human-mutant-extreme-T1000-New Zealand-Ultimate-Human gets turned over by some chav from South Wales.

How the mighty have fallen, Greg...how the mighty have fallen.

EDIT: Another try...if Cardiff beat Leicester this is going to be an EPIC final in Murrayfield..

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:05 PM
What are they trying to do, they are trying to run from their touchline when they can&#39;t even run from the opposition 22

Oh and another try for the Blues!!

I wonder if they can put 50 on Glaws?? And thats the 6th try for the Blues!!!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:08 PM
That one-eyed, biased, pro-english, anti-welsh Brian Moore&#39;s awarded Man of Match to a player on Cardiff Blues!!!

And another try...Blues have now scored more against Gloucester than Munster did against the Hairsprays I believe?

And its over! Blues 50 - <strike>Glaws</strike> the FAILCATS 12

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:08 PM
Conversion to make it 50

Yes there was another Blues Try!!! Number 7??

monkeypigeon
18-04-09, 04:09 PM
Euch, I&#39;m missing this for study.

Munster play Cardiff in the Magners League the week after the semi finals of the Heineken Cup.

Could be interesting to see what teams they put out for that!

and Gloucester sound like an utter embaressment!

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 04:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And another try...Blues have now scored more against Gloucester than Munster did against the Hairsprays I believe?[/b]
Correct , very impressive performance.

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:10 PM
Oh Game Over!!!

12 - 50 to Cardiff Blues!!!

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:11 PM
Munster/Leinster are going to be well up for this. Not sure Leicester will be, haha..

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 04:11 PM
So how much of a difference do Tindall, Balshaw, Spencer and Storkocsh make to Glaws? Because that was an embarrassing performance.

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:14 PM
Well It couldn&#39;t of happend to a nicer team!!! HAHAHA

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:15 PM
Well Tindall was injured and luckily for Glaws so was Balshaw otherwise it would have been 100 - 12

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 04:19 PM
What are you on about? Brian Moore reckons Balshaw is like a cross between Christian Cullen and Jason Robinson :huh:

getofmeland
18-04-09, 04:20 PM
Haha if you believe that you will believe that the Pope is Jewish and Black is Actually White!

Balshaw if playing would of scored 50 Points for Cardiff... and Glaws wouldn&#39;t of scored anything

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Apr 18 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391943')</div>
What are you on about? Brian Moore reckons Balshaw is like a cross between Christian Cullen and Jason Robinson :huh:[/b]

Er...

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4ip7y" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4ip7y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Regan elbows (http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4ip7y)
by dumpextra (http://www.dailymotion.com/dumpextra)</div>

You Irish guys don't watch telly much, do you?

EDIT: Next you'll be saying Brian Moore admires the French..

monkeypigeon
18-04-09, 04:28 PM
Well perhaps this ws going to be that one game a year that Balshaw plays well in resulting in him playing for England and then the Lions and the a world 15 and the a galaxy 15 and then an intrer galactic 15 (who incidentaly lose to 57-0 to Worcester because of Ian Balshaw who&#39;s used up his yearly quota of one good performance).

Prestwick
18-04-09, 04:44 PM
Now Munsterman, pay attention!

Its monkeypigeon who is the Balshaw apologist! Not Brian Moore!

Thingimubob
18-04-09, 05:29 PM
well, one way to win a final :lol: C&#39;mon the Blues, surely that&#39;s a message to Leicester (and all the journalists who wrote them off). Still cracks me up that the only other teams we but 50 on this season have been Calvisano (and even they scored more than Gloucester today) and Connacht!
Roll on the Leicester is all I can say :D

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 05:34 PM
Brian Moore said that in 2002 or something. I guess this is an example of the whole internet/sarcasm problem.

Prestwick
18-04-09, 05:43 PM
*keeps pointing at the video and staring at Munsterman*

MunsterMan
18-04-09, 05:59 PM
:Forum09:

glosbigboy
18-04-09, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Apr 18 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391941')</div>
Well It couldn&#39;t of happend to a nicer team!!! HAHAHA[/b]
C`mon its been a hard day to be a Glaws fan. Please dont mock us, at least Dean Ryan will now be going. See I have to cling to the positives.

Bluemoon
18-04-09, 09:57 PM
Just back back from Twickers, lost my voice and I am really badly sunburnt!

Cardiff are in such good form at the moment and the confidence they have is unbelievable. Gloucester couldn&#39;t handle the pace, and that chokers label is staying where it is!

That trophey has been a very long time coming. There has been some really hard times down in the Cardiff camp for years now and things are finally starting to look up. I know there isn&#39;t a very high opinion of this competition but we&#39;ve always had the best available team out and took it seriously. And as far as I&#39;m concerned so did Gloucester.

The game against Leicester is going to be epic and hopefully we can make the final of the HC.

Cymro
18-04-09, 10:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8006489.stm

Replays some off the best rugby ive seen from the Blues in a long time.

QLD
19-04-09, 01:56 AM
Dunno how big Danny&#39;s going to react to losing to Cymro&#39;s team.

An Tarbh
19-04-09, 08:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391920')</div>
Oh god. Utterly woeful.

It&#39;s a message to Leicester :P

Jockstap
19-04-09, 01:19 PM
That first Halpenny try was fantastic I hope geech brings him on tour along with Earls and Evans, three fairly unknown youngsters that will tear through Boks defence befores theys knows whats hits thems.

Thingimubob
19-04-09, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Apr 19 2009, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=392023')</div>
Dunno how big Danny&#39;s going to react to losing to Cymro&#39;s team.[/b]

you forgot to add &#39;again&#39; at the end of that ;)

Sir Speedy
19-04-09, 05:07 PM
Blues were fantastic. Leicester will struggle to live with them. Halfpenny should be a Lion. If he isn&#39;t then Geech must die.

Gethin Jenkins IS the Lions #1. Those who think otherwise must die.

Tom James pushed himself into contention with a solid performance aswell. Don&#39;t think Geech will go for him though.

Martyn Williams was immense as always. Needs to tour, whether off the bench or not.

Also, I HEART Xavier Rush.

Thingimubob
19-04-09, 08:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 19 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=392090')</div>
Blues were fantastic. Leicester will struggle to live with them. Halfpenny should be a Lion. If he isn&#39;t then Geech must die.

Gethin Jenkins IS the Lions #1. Those who think otherwise must die.

Tom James pushed himself into contention with a solid performance aswell. Don&#39;t think Geech will go for him though.

Martyn Williams was immense as always. Needs to tour, whether off the bench or not.

Also, I HEART Xavier Rush.[/b]

Martyn Williams is easily one of the form forwards in Britian and Ireland, and it&#39;s just a pity that the other form forward, Wallace, plays no.7 too. Both are just too class to leave out, so the backrow needs to have martyn at 7 and wallace at either 6 or 8 (he&#39;s definitly big enough).
And we all HEART Rush, he&#39;s class and what a servent to the Blues he&#39;s been. A class man and a class player. Nice one Rushy :bravo:

cyRil
19-04-09, 10:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 19 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=392043')</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 18 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391920')
Oh god. Utterly woeful.

It&#39;s a message to Leicester :P
[/b][/quote]
cyRil Baggins likes this. ;)

shtove
19-04-09, 11:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 19 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391945')</div>
You Irish guys don&#39;t watch telly much, do you?[/b]

True - the pictures are too fast. But we clap our hands in front of t&#39;intertubes, with all dat fancy compooter shtuff that does be goin&#39; on.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 19 2009, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=391945')</div>
EDIT: Next you&#39;ll be saying Brian Moore admires the French..[/b]
He does ... secretly, in his stained silky knickers.