PDA

View Full Version : Powergen Cup

loratadine
30-09-05, 09:59 PM
well a brill result for the dragons today - in taming the lions 24 - 15, im looking forward to more action,over the weekend.

i cant wait for the blues vs london irish - itll be jonahs debut.

loratadine
30-09-05, 10:00 PM
that match aint till december the third - but thats when its expected hell make his debut.

harrison2468
30-09-05, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 09:59 AM
well a brill result for the dragons today - in taming the lions 24 - 15, im looking forward to more action,over the weekend.
Calm down - not many clubs are taking it that seriously this side of the border .

Well done to the Dragons though, great result for them.

loratadine
30-09-05, 10:20 PM
well thats because theres no pride in england, its not to do with whats up for grabs it the fact its wales vs england.

harrison2468
30-09-05, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 10:20 AM
well thats because theres no pride in england, its not to do with whats up for grabs it the fact its wales vs england.
No, it's not. Don't talk about what you don't know about.

The league is much more important than the now de-valued Cup, which has lost it's sense of meaning due to the RFU, to the clubs who are facing relegation and the ones at the top challenging for honours.

However, for the Welsh clubs, it is a chance to play outside the CL and actually win something - let's face it, the Dragons won't win many come HC time. There is also no relegation in the CL along with less fixtures, meaning there is more at stake for them.

So don't just talk s**t about English teams having no pride, it's all bull.

SaintsFan_Webby
01-10-05, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 10:59 PM
Don't think Leicester Tigers will be too fussed about this result. They're flying high in the league, and judging by the team they put out yesterday, they really couldn't care less about the Powergen this season.

loratadine
01-10-05, 08:31 AM
well shame on them - for this competition to work we need to aristocratic english teams to field there stongest sides, the welsh english rivalry should be incentive enough.

SmokeyMonkey
01-10-05, 09:23 AM
Yep it was a great match, glad i went! Atmosphere was great! By the way the dragons didn't have their full strength team out either.

-We didn't have Cooper
-Or Charteris
-Or Brew
-3rd/4th choice Hooker

So don't tell me about not having a full strength team.

Bring on Northhampton!

Edit: By the way Saints_Fan I was wondering who you would be supporting? Surely it must be a good result for you for us to beat Leicester?

harrison2468
01-10-05, 09:41 AM
You guys in Wales got the match on tele last night yeah? If you live outside Wales though, they only show one game a week-end of the PC, but on the BBC website they are showing a few extra for nothing to watch. I caught the last ten minutes of the game last night (s**t conditions btw) just in case anyone is interested.

SmokeyMonkey
01-10-05, 09:44 AM
I went to the game!

harrison2468
01-10-05, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 09:44 PM
I went to the game!
Yeah I was just telling the guys who don't have BBC Wales in case they wanted to see some more rugby.

Are you a Dragons fan Smokey Monkey? Nice night out then yesterday eh? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

SmokeyMonkey
01-10-05, 09:53 AM
Even though i live in Cardiff and go to a school full of Blues supporters I&#39;ve been supporting Newport all my life (which isn&#39;t very long im only 14) and the Dragons too, and that was probably one of the best games i&#39;ve been to!

harrison2468
01-10-05, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 09:53 PM
Even though i live in Cardiff and go to a school full of Blues supporters I&#39;ve been supporting Newport all my life (which isn&#39;t very long im only 14) and the Dragons too, and that was porbably one of the best games i&#39;ve been to!
Yeah, I love it when you go to watch your team play and they win and play well - it is an amazing feeling, although still not as good as playing, it is as near as you can get to it!

SmokeyMonkey
01-10-05, 10:00 AM
Yep, I&#39;m hoping to go to Northampton and my Dad has a good chance of getting tickets for the 3 big Autumn Internationals http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

SaintsFan_Webby
01-10-05, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 09:31 AM
well shame on them - for this competition to work we need to aristocratic english teams to field there stongest sides, the welsh english rivalry should be incentive enough.
It&#39;s turned into a complete joke of a competition, you can&#39;t blame the big sides for playing under strength teams with the number of matches they have to play in a season.

SaintsFan_Webby
01-10-05, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 10:23 AM
Bring on Northampton!

Edit: By the way Saints_Fan I was wondering who you would be supporting? Surely it must be a good result for you for us to beat Leicester?
Nice to see Leicester get beaten, but I&#39;d rather see them getting stuffed in the league any day.

Judging by the team we&#39;re putting out against Worcester, seems like Budge actually wants to progress in the competition. Should be a good game when you lot come to us.

Long as we win of course. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

loratadine
01-10-05, 09:35 PM
well the welsh clubs are proven good worth - good on the blues - but we wont talk bout the result at kingsholm

SaintsFan_Webby
02-10-05, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 10:35 PM
but we wont talk bout the result at kingsholm
That was a ridiculously dull match. Gloucester looked like they would have a good afternoon, scoring with the first attack of the match, but they never really kept the tempo going despite being on top in the forwards. I would have liked to see Simpson-Daniel line up against Shane Williams, would have made a good contest.

Bullitt
02-10-05, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 2 2005, 10:23 PM
I would have liked to see Simpson-Daniel line up against Shane Williams, would have made a good contest.
An over-rated giomp who can only sidestep to the left Vs. An over-rated gimp who can only sidestep to the right.

Sounds bloody brilliant... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

harrison2468
02-10-05, 12:53 PM
I was very pleased with Bristol&#39;s reserves result against Bath.

This competition is nearly as bad an idea as play-offs at the end of the season - completely unfair on the division 1 clubs, adds to the fixture list for most clubs and the whole knock-out idea being practically thrown out the window.

SaintsFan_Webby
02-10-05, 02:11 PM
The only incentive for English clubs is the potential European place, but obviously sides confident of getting in anyway (ie. Leicester) aren&#39;t going to bother worrying about it.

Seeing as all the Welsh clubs are virtually guaranteed a place in the Heineken as well due to there being so few of them, it renders the majority of the competition pretty pointless.

It&#39;s yet another example of the RFU desperately seeking cash instead of thinking about the long term effect on the game. No wonder the clubs hate them so much at the moment.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 03:19 PM
I&#39;m really annoyed with the RFU and the way they run the game in this country. They are a bunch of stuck-up ***** imo, unable to keep the game&#39;s values in line with the professional era.

This money saga is just plain boring now, but also ridiculous on the length it has gone on. Just so amateur! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

loratadine
02-10-05, 04:54 PM
its the fact its a cross border competition - its the history.

SaintsFan_Webby
02-10-05, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 2 2005, 05:54 PM
In theory, but not all the English clubs can afford to field full strength sides due to the length of season and number of matches players have to compete in.

There will still be some intense encounters, but it won&#39;t be ideal with some of the top sides using the Powergen weekends to rest key players.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 04:54 AM
True, but why should the ND1 clubs be left out, and the whole group system is not very traditional.

loratadine
02-10-05, 06:06 PM
well - ok if your saying that then why dont we have a competition between the semi pro league in wales and the nd1 teams.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 06:06 AM
well - ok if your saying that then why dont we have a competition between the semi pro league in wales and the nd1 teams.
No, I&#39;m saying it was fine as it was before with the odd giant killing team such as Pertemp Bees appearing every now and again.

We(Bristol) played a strong Wasps team last year and gave them a massive game, losing in extra time, and this was importance for moral, and also showed how we would have to improve for the GP. No clubs will now get this chance, instead playing within their own seperate competition.

Plus, the ND1 teams would whoop you semi-pro teams.

loratadine
02-10-05, 06:17 PM
i dont know bout that, although there called semi pro they are like feeder clubs to the regions - much like that of the npc.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 06:21 PM
What&#39;s your opinion on the format though? Surely you can see it is denying the ND1 clubs their chance.

Harlequins versus Ystrad Rhondda, no contest!

loratadine
02-10-05, 07:58 PM
ok ok - but in the same vein swansea vs plymouth.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 07:58 AM
ok ok - but in the same vein swansea vs plymouth.
It&#39;d be a very good game actually, Plymouth are a very good team.

So what is your opinion then?

loratadine
02-10-05, 08:04 PM
i think that maybe it should be done like a knock out thing like the f.a cup - but include the nd1 league.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 08:04 AM
i think that maybe it should be done like a knock out thing like the f.a cup - but include the nd1 league.
Agreed, it would be best if all the English from division 3 upwards or even lower and the Welsh equivalents were allowed, starting at a lower round and the bigger clubs joining in later on. This way, less games, a knock-out theme(i.e. just 1 game to win or lose) and seeing Plymouth beat Swansea could all happen.

loratadine
02-10-05, 08:13 PM
or could not - the state of the welsh game at grass roots is impressive.

harrison2468
02-10-05, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 08:13 AM
or could not - the state of the welsh game at grass roots is impressive.
Swansea&#39;s seniors is hardly grassroots rugby.

loratadine
02-10-05, 09:01 PM
i meant teams like cross keys.

robbinho
03-10-05, 09:55 AM
I&#39;m not too keen on the new cup, it seems like extra games for the sake of it, and a pointless money spinner. For clubs like Bristol, fielding a weakened team shows that the league is the be-all-and-end-all, and that the welsh clubs can trake it more seriously as they don&#39;t have to worry aobut relegation or european cup qualification (correct me if i&#39;m wrong there).

I think the point about English-Welsh rivalry is over-stated a touch, although that maybe because the only bits i&#39;ve watched were on BBC Wales, whose presentation adn whole style is incredibily parochial, and distinctly &#39;local tv&#39;-ish. Plus I sat throuugh 45 minutes of guff after the Leeds-Llanelli game yesterday to see the highlights of the other games, to find that not only was there no footage of the Bath-Bristol game, but in fact the score wasn&#39;t even mentioned, and Bath were only spoken of as being the Ospreys next opponents! All decidedly insular and amateur, I&#39;m afraid.

And Jonathan Davies, if you&#39;ve got a cold/sore throat/whatever.... just GO HOME..... we really won&#39;t mind!

loratadine
03-10-05, 10:25 AM
ok - let me explain

jd&#39;s has a history of cancer in his family - there is a weakness in his voice and it has been well documented in wales. hes is great pundet and one of the best in our country.

well unfortunately the reason it looks amatuerish its because we have the financial backing of bbc 2w, whereas the rugby club has rupert murdoch plowing money in.

robbinho
03-10-05, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 3 2005, 10:25 PM
jd&#39;s has a history of cancer in his family - there is a weakness in his voice and it has been well documented in wales.
Ok, didn&#39;t know that, thanks for clearing that up.

lloydy
03-10-05, 03:13 PM
Do the lower tier English clubs still play in a cup competition? The system in Wales just excludes the regions so it still allows for the magic of the cup for the minnows

robbinho
03-10-05, 03:56 PM
Yes, there are still cup comps for the national league teams, but the magic of the cup is always based around small teams upsetting the big-boys, which will no longer exist. It&#39;s ring-fencing in a way.

harrison2468
03-10-05, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by robbinho@Oct 4 2005, 03:56 AM
Yes, there are still cup comps for the national league teams, but the magic of the cup is always based around small teams upsetting the big-boys, which will no longer exist. It&#39;s ring-fencing in a way.
Which completely destroys the whole appeal of the cup to me.

lloydy
04-10-05, 06:06 PM
See your point, the Welsh club sides ( Llanelli Neath swansea etc) still exist so the chance of playing them is still there just now it is without professional players . So the chance of playing a division 1 side not appeal to a team from 4 east say?

Bullitt
04-10-05, 10:38 PM
At the end of the day, the RFU cup (which was rugby answer to the FA Cup) is gone forever. The RFU made a deal with the WRU to make some more moneyand ruined it for the fans.

Hense, only the Welsh sides and a few English sides (including Saints) are only taking it seriously.

The Welsh clubs get to play some bigger sides and better sides, while the English sides get to rest their England players.

It&#39;s just more of the bull**** that the RFU make to keep their England players fit for internationals.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:44 AM
i didnt see much resting if im honest
tindall played
white played
wilkinson played
tindall played

dallagllio making his comeback.

i think the english are blowing smoke out of there arse to cover themselves.

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:44 AM
tindall played
white played
wilkinson played
tindall played

White and Wilkinson aren&#39;t in the England squad. And Tindall would be tired if he played twice. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

el_tk
05-10-05, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 07:44 AM
tindall played
white played
wilkinson played
tindall played

Some teams played full strenght, but some teams made huge changes, like Bristol who changed all 15 of their players I believe.

DonBilly
05-10-05, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 5 2005, 10:38 AM
At the end of the day, the RFU cup (which was rugby answer to the FA Cup) is gone forever. The RFU made a deal with the WRU to make some more moneyand ruined it for the fans.

Hense, only the Welsh sides and a few English sides (including Saints) are only taking it seriously.

The Welsh clubs get to play some bigger sides and better sides, while the English sides get to rest their England players.

It&#39;s just more of the bull**** that the RFU make to keep their England players fit for internationals.
Well you know I think that the H-cup and the other European cups have really taken theplace of the national cups.

In France there used to be the Challenge Yves du Manoire who was the national cup. It has been cancelled some years ago because there was no way for a club to be involved in this cup + championship + European cups.

Rugby is not football, a team cannot play every three days.

lloydy
05-10-05, 03:48 PM
i think that the whole competion has a different relevence to all sides , Welsh sides are flat out to win it as we have made such a fuss to get it in the first place. The "top" english sides probably see it as a distraction , a chance to make changes confident of their ability to finish top 4 and get their ticket to europe that way.
The mid table sides should really be looking at it as way into europe and the bottom sides could really do without it as they are concentrating on survival.

Personally i&#39;m hoping for an all Welsh final just to have the car park at twiccers full of people who didn&#39;t go to public school...blue wkd is the new pimms http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Bullitt
05-10-05, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by lloydy@Oct 6 2005, 03:48 AM
Personally i&#39;m hoping for an all Welsh final just to have the car park at twiccers full of people who didn&#39;t go to public school...blue wkd is the new pimms http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif Alcopops?

*Mutters somthing about ****** chavs*

loratadine
05-10-05, 06:52 PM
i hate all this labelling - chavs - isnt it a bit childish to labell people, everyone is individuals and we shouldnt stereotype

i agree, english rugger is so upper class.

pimms

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 07:52 PM

pimms
Much as this may shock you, the people sitting in the executive boxes at Twickenham do not represent your average English rugby fan.

Try going to a club match at Welford Road, Franklins Gardens, Kingsholm or Sixways, and there would be no way you could possibly come back saying that Union is watched by money-burning toffs sipping on Champagne, which is the impression you currently seem to hold.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:10 PM
no - not champagne - pimms

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:10 PM
no - not champagne - pimms
You really should get over this class difference thing, you&#39;re not carrying the hopes of the working class with you, there are others on the board who don&#39;t drink Champagne - sorry Pimms - at rugby matches.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:14 PM
I get the same feeling to loratadine rugby in england does come across as posh!

but in wales its like for the working class!

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Flamingo@Oct 5 2005, 08:14 PM

Come to a Saints match and count the upper-class in the stands.

I&#39;ll tell you now, it won&#39;t be many.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:18 PM
here here flamingo - rugby in england is full of men with cigars and sheepskin jackets, its all very upper class, i went to watch the dragons and leicster in the hec 2 years ago and the leicster fans, were very posh,

"jolly good game old chap"

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:18 PM
here here flamingo - rugby in england is full of men with cigars and sheepskin jackets, its all very upper class, i went to watch the dragons and leicster in the hec 2 years ago and the leicster fans, were very posh,

"jolly good game old chap"
Sure thing. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Please continue your fantasy, don&#39;t let me or anyone else bring you into the real world.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:20 PM
ok

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 6 2005, 07:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 6 2005, 07:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Flamingo@Oct 5 2005, 08:14 PM

Come to a Saints match and count the upper-class in the stands.

I&#39;ll tell you now, it won&#39;t be many. [/b]
will do!!

(or not) http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:22 PM
what are you on - your all too busy drinking pimms to be watching the game, having picnics and reading thomas hardy novels.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:22 AM
what are you on - your all too busy drinking pimms to be watching the game, having picnics and reading thomas hardy novels.
LOL!!

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:25 PM
Must be fun, having two of you acting like idiots instead of one.

Thing is, how difficult is it to pass the brain-cell between you? Must slow things down a bit?

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 6 2005, 07:25 AM
Must be fun, having two of you acting like idiots instead of one.

Thing is, how difficult is it to pass the brain-cell between you? Must slow things down a bit?
well see im welsh and im quite good at doing things!!

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 06:52 AM
i hate all this labelling - chavs - isnt it a bit childish to labell people, everyone is individuals and we shouldnt stereotype

pimms
Isn&#39;t it a bit of a contradiction to tell us to not sterotype people, and than labell all English rugby fans "upper class".

Come into the real world, play some club rugby over here, and it is definitely not what you think it is.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 6 2005, 07:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 6 2005, 07:28 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 06:52 AM

pimms
Isn&#39;t it a bit of a contradiction to tell us to not sterotype people, and than labell all English rugby fans "upper class".

Come into the real world, play some club rugby over here, and it is definitely not what you think it is. [/b]
i play for a club called risca we went to the blackpool cup a year ago and won it and stuffed bath and london irish in the meanwhile! also there was two welsh teams in the whole tournament and we met in the final!

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:33 PM
english rugby - why did prince william go training with england before.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Flamingo+Oct 6 2005, 07:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamingo @ Oct 6 2005, 07:31 AM)</div>

Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 6 2005, 07:28 AM

pimms

Come into the real world, play some club rugby over here, and it is definitely not what you think it is.
i play for a club called risca we went to the blackpool cup a year ago and won it and stuffed bath and london irish in the meanwhile! also there was two welsh teams in the whole tournament and we met in the final! [/b]
Did they offer you a nice cup of tea on top of the Blackpool tower afterwards?

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Flamingo+Oct 5 2005, 08:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamingo @ Oct 5 2005, 08:31 PM)</div>

Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 6 2005, 07:28 AM

pimms

i play for a club called risca we went to the blackpool cup a year ago and won it and stuffed bath and london irish in the meanwhile! also there was two welsh teams in the whole tournament and we met in the final! [/b]
And what?

Does that make English rugby upper-class then?

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:35 PM
yesh and crumpets, and then the queen presented us with our medals.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:33 AM
english rugby - why did prince william go training with england before.
Wales rugby - why did Shane Williams play on the wing with Wales before

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:38 PM
becuase he scored a try against england, and was undoubtably the best player in the 6 nations behind martyn williams, sorry that we dont have players who are better of in a retirement home.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:35 AM
yesh and crumpets, and then the queen presented us with our medals.
Surely you would have wanted this guy to present the medals...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4138/cha7rx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:39 PM
o0o0 yes our ruler

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:39 PM
Getting very sad..... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:38 PM
sorry that we dont have players who are better of in a retirement home.
Heard all this kind of crap before the 2003 World Cup, and it proved unfounded. I&#39;d have thought you might have thought of something new by now considering the majority of the playing staff within the England squad have changed.

harrison2468
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:39 AM
o0o0 yes our ruler
That&#39;s what it says here. (http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ao_0IFO8W5UX2ifK36mznuxLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBjcW lmbGY5BGwDV1MxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=11q0gfbgc/EXP=1128627481/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.princeofwales.gov.uk%2F)

loratadine
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Getting very sad.....*[/b]

cheer up mate

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:41 PM
thats what i sed harrison - hes is our leader.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:38 AM
becuase he scored a try against england, and was undoubtably the best player in the 6 nations behind martyn williams, sorry that we dont have players who are better of in a retirement home.
Still talking about the 6nations are we...

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:41 AM
You better respect him then, oh and he is English.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:43 PM
No, I thought we where talking about the Welsh ruling everything until the end of eternity.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 6 2005, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 6 2005, 07:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:41 AM
You better respect him then, oh and he is English. [/b]
i dont respect the big eared dick he a knob!!

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:45 PM
No, I thought we where talking about the Welsh ruling everything until the end of eternity.[/b]

nice one - see he knows how to respect a true nation.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:45 PM
I was being sarcastic, donut.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
No, I thought we where talking about the Welsh ruling everything until the end of eternity.

nice one - see he knows how to respect a true nation. [/b][/quote]
Principality remember.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:47 PM
I was being sarcastic, donut.[/b]

so was i

Principality remember.[/b]

yeah sure mate - if it makes you feel better.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:48 PM
You know what, a bit of punctuation and spelling doesn&#39;t hurt anyone does it?

Maybe making your posts look like they wern&#39;t typed by a monkey might earn you some respect...oh..who am I kidding??

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:50 PM
Talking some rugby, how do you think Saints will fair in the PC?

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:51 PM
well, let me see. Do I realy crave the respect of you guy&#39;s. Well in answer i supose yes i do. Heres the thing - i all respect each one of you, you see although our opinions differ i still have respect for you and i hope it swings vice-versa.

harrison2468
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:51 AM
well, let me see. Do I realy crave the respect of you guy&#39;s. Well in answer i supose yes i do. Heres the thing - i all respect each one of you, you see although our opinions differ i still have respect for you and i hope it swings vice-versa.
No.

loratadine
the dragons will thump them

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 5 2005, 08:50 PM
We&#39;ll beat Newport at home on current form, and then we&#39;ll have to see what happens away at Leicester. Whether they decide to turn up on the day. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

If we get through the group stage then there is always the possibilty of going further.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:53 PM
No.[/b]

ok - thats sad though, i admire your knowledge of the game, but its a pity that you cant appreciate i have different opinions to you, it would be very boring if i agreed with you.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:54 PM
Well, if we are going to talk about this like nice civilised people then, I don&#39;t know what to expect come saturday.

Hopefull it will be a great game, and hopefully will be close but...if I chose to convert to YOUR way of life then.
(Loratadine)
Da welsh r gonna win ennit, cos we are da best at everyfin and think we ar good and stuff.

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:51 PM
How you think you can still command any respect from people you&#39;ve insulted and abused time and time again I don&#39;t know. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:56 PM
ok fair dues like ennet, now i will da conver to your way like

after carefull consideration - one has come to the conclusion that the gwent dragons will regally destroy the saints.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 6 2005, 07:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 6 2005, 07:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468@Oct 5 2005, 08:50 PM
We&#39;ll beat Newport at home on current form, and then we&#39;ll have to see what happens away at Leicester. Whether they decide to turn up on the day. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

If we get through the group stage then there is always the possibilty of going further. [/b]
I presume you guys will be taking it reasonably seriously? Could be a decent way into Europe for you. Personally, I think you will top the group at the end, with Wasps, Bath and Scarlets coming thorugh the others.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:57 PM
How you think you can still command any respect from people you&#39;ve insulted and abused time and time again I don&#39;t know.*[/b]

well you know - let by gones be bye gones like http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Flamingo
05-10-05, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 6 2005, 07:54 AM
Well, if we are going to talk about this like nice civilised people then, I don&#39;t know what to expect come saturday.

Hopefull it will be a great game, and hopefully will be close but...if I chose to convert to YOUR way of life then.
(Loratadine)
Da welsh r gonna win ennit, cos we are da best at everyfin and think we ar good and stuff.

loratadine and me are not townys were valley boys born and bred so we dont talk like that!

but nicley written though!!

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 07:58 PM
There is only one way to find out.

loratadine - do you actually SUPPORT Newport Gwent, or are you just taking there side because they are welsh and it just so happens you wanna bi**h at some English fans, and oh look, who have Newport got next?? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 5 2005, 08:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 5 2005, 08:56 PM)</div>

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 6 2005, 07:52 AM

If we get through the group stage then there is always the possibilty of going further.
I presume you guys will be taking it reasonably seriously? Could be a decent way into Europe for you. Personally, I think you will top the group at the end, with Wasps, Bath and Scarlets coming thorugh the others. [/b]
We certainly seem to be set on going as far as possible. Got to try and get a long way in both the PC and Parker Pen or whatever it&#39;s called now, I think both are viable ways back into the HC for us.

loratadine
05-10-05, 07:59 PM
serious news, tom shanklins back for the wasps game, as is martyn williams,, and xavier rush starts too,

is dallaglio starting or on the bench.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 6 2005, 07:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 6 2005, 07:59 AM)</div>

Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 5 2005, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 6 2005, 07:52 AM

I presume you guys will be taking it reasonably seriously? Could be a decent way into Europe for you. Personally, I think you will top the group at the end, with Wasps, Bath and Scarlets coming thorugh the others.
We certainly seem to be set on going as far as possible. Got to try and get a long way in both the PC and Parker Pen or whatever it&#39;s called now, I think both are viable ways back into the HC for us. [/b]
Yeah, we&#39;ll give you a good go in the Parker though remember! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Obviously there is still a long time and you could still be in the top 5 come April.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:02 PM
IVE GOT TICKETS TO SEE WALES SPANK SOUTH AFRICA!!!!![/b]

You will probably find its SA doing the spanking.

SaintsFan_Webby
05-10-05, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 5 2005, 09:01 PM
Obviously there is still a long time and you could still be in the top 5 come April.
I&#39;m not ruling out hope of a top 5 finish. The signs against Gloucester and Worcester have been excellent, and had it not been for a card-happy ref at Kingholm we probably would have come away with the win.

As long as the likes of Spencer, Thompson and Reihana stay fit we should be ok.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 6 2005, 08:02 AM
IVE GOT TICKETS TO SEE WALES SPANK SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!

You will probably fine its SA doing the spanking. [/b][/quote]
yeh kk we&#39;ll see

we lost to them by 2 points last year and that was before winning the grand slam!!

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:04 PM
is dallaglio starting

and my name is a comeback to teh mites sig,

i dont see any reason why wales cant beat south africa at home though.

harrison2468
Originally posted by Flamingo@Oct 6 2005, 08:03 AM
we lost to them by 2 points last year and that was before winning the grand slam!!
Winning a GS makes you invincible btw.

SaintsFan_Webby
Originally posted by Flamingo@Oct 5 2005, 09:03 PM
Wales won the Grand Slam?!?!?!

Well in that case South Africa might as well not bother showing up, you deserve to win on merit alone.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:05 PM
I am very pleased with the progress made by the team, i wouldn&#39;t rule out a top 5 finish either but, I won&#39;t be dissapointed if we don&#39;t. as long as we pretty safe from relegation. I cant go through what we did last year.

Flamingo
05-10-05, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 6 2005, 08:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 6 2005, 08:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Flamingo@Oct 5 2005, 09:03 PM
Wales won the Grand Slam?!?!?!

Well in that case South Africa might as well not bother showing up, you deserve to win on merit alone.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif [/b]
finally!!!

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:06 PM
ok if england can beat south africe then there no reason we cant, wales could beat south africa, although i think itll be a close game and could got either way.

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:07 PM
is dalladlio starting? please answer me.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:08 PM
So why say spank then?

He is on the bench I think.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:08 PM
Does it matter??

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:09 PM
i said spank as a comeback to teh mites sig.

loratadine has tickets to see wales get spanked by s.a

Flamingo
05-10-05, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 6 2005, 08:08 AM
Does it matter??
no not really but hes curious and wants to know!!

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:10 PM
it will be interesting to see how dallaglio plays, its bad news for the rest of the wrold if he comes back to his best form, as he is undoubtably one of the greatest b-r forward of all time.

Saint N Sinner
I dont favoue the guy myself but it doesn&#39;t mean he isnt much of a player. But why would you want to know about Dildaglio, he isnt Welsh is he??

harrison2468
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:09 AM
i said spank as a comeback to teh mites sig.

loratadine has tickets to see wales get spanked by s.a
So, if that is his opinion, then so be it.

However, you think it will be close, so it doesn&#39;t quite make sense.

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:12 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/excl.gif its a joke - but if its offends you ill take it down

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:12 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/excl.gif its a joke - but if its offends you ill take it down
No, it is funny. VERY funny. Hilarious in fact.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:14 PM
Yeah, almost ****** myself http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:16 PM
ok ive took it down - sorry

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:19 PM
And what exactly was you replying to? with your signature I mean...what has Teh Mite done to provoke you?

Was it supporting an English team?

Bullitt
05-10-05, 08:20 PM
Wayhey, Me with the controversy.

Oooohh... Now I know what it&#39;s like to be a Clinton...

Or a Carling...

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:16 AM
diolch i

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:21 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:22 PM
look at his sig

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:23 PM
I know, well you asked for it.

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468+Oct 6 2005, 08:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Oct 6 2005, 08:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:16 AM
diolch i [/b]
Not going to respond Lora?

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:25 PM
dai iawn

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:28 PM
http://david.national-anthems.net/wal.htm

interestin what it sais bout wales being a nation

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:25 AM
dai iawn
dy dim Cymreig! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Bullitt
05-10-05, 08:32 PM
Some easy translations for saturday... (Based upon the upcoming Saints (George) Vs. (Welsh) Dragons). And we all know who won that fight...

WELSH:-Disgwyl!!!!! Arall Seintios ceisio, maint dau!!!!
ENGLISH:-Look another Saints try, number two!!!!!

WELSH:-Disgwyl!!!!! Arall Seintios camgwl, maint deg!!!!!!!!!
ENGLISH:-Look another Saints penalty, number ten!!!!!

WELSH:-A beth bannod an Cymru y beirniad gan?
ENGLISH:-And what part of Wales is the ref from?

WELSH:-Caredd cist
ENGLISH:-SinBin Confused

WELSH:-Mor&#39;s dy gwar? Gallu chi chwarae blaen gwanag heddiw, Mr Thompson?
ENGLISH:-How&#39;s your neck? Can you play front row today, Mr Thompson?

WELSH:-Namyn ei glo ond Caerlyr chi canu dal wythnos, hon y Seintios!
ENGLISH:-But it was only Leicester you beat last week, we are the Saints!

WELSH:-Yes, Austin Healy is a very sore loser!!!!
ENGLISH:-Yes, Austin Healy is a very sore loser!!!!
(The last one is the same in any language the world over!!!)

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:32 PM
ydu mae hoffu coffi estafwch y crafastrewch ydnu benddedegg

harrison2468
05-10-05, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:32 AM
ydu mae hoffu coffi estafwch y crafastrewch ydnu benddedegg
caws

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:36 PM
back on topic - sort of wales is a nation it sais so there.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:36 PM
Errr...do I see anyone else talking tripe?

Or are you just being ignorant again, and deciding to hide behind your words?

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:42 PM
what?

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 08:44 PM
In other words, what do the majority of this board speak?

Thats right, English!!

So why are you speaking Welsh when you know for a fact that no one is going to understand??

Does it make you feel big?

loratadine
05-10-05, 08:51 PM
well harrison was speaking welsh and he tld me to reply, - geese - sorry.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 09:09 PM
Yeah but, he obviousley looked it up unless he speaks Welsh, which I dont think he does. (in a non arrogant sort of way)

loratadine
05-10-05, 09:12 PM
i can only speak a bit like

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 09:14 PM
Well for all we know you could be cursing us, but your too wussy to actually say it.

Maybe you should think about it before you post it.

loratadine
05-10-05, 09:15 PM
Well for all we know you could be cursing us, but your too wussy to actually say it.

Maybe you should think about it before you post it.[/b]

ok sorry - please dont call me a wuss.

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 09:17 PM
1. I didnt call you a wuss.

2. I was saying you COULD be being wussy by hiding behind a language most of dont understand.

3. Wuss!!

loratadine
05-10-05, 09:21 PM
sod off i really dont get you, ive not presoanlly attacked you - so why you attacking me

Saint N Sinner
05-10-05, 09:22 PM
I am not attacking you, I am just stating my views which you have chosen to do for some time now, and you haven&#39;t seemed to care about other&#39;s.

Just wanted to let you know how we all feel.

loratadine
05-10-05, 09:34 PM
ok - but it makes me sad you all feel like this - i dont think im a bad person - granted i do get a little hot headed sometimes, but i do feel that on the wholes im a nice person - i feel that i have a few good mates on here, and feel like i can have a laugh with alot of them, such as kaftka,ripper and captain america,

i sure hope they dont think bad of me either, as im hoping to pick up a few awards in the end of year TRF awards

Bullitt
05-10-05, 09:38 PM
Errr...

Where the f*** has the talk about the POWERGEN CUP gone?

Yay, another thread turns into 6 pages of spamtastic ********.

loratadine
05-10-05, 09:45 PM
i think it will be another good weekend for the welsh clubs, i think the blues will beat wasps, what do others think.

An Tarbh
05-10-05, 09:54 PM
OK seriously children this petty bickering was quite amusing to begin with but that was then, this is now and it&#39;s pathetic.

Saint N Sinner
06-10-05, 08:14 AM
Ok then, I was going to say something on the subject but, I wanted to give Loratadine a taste of his own medicine, but I apologise to everyone else who had to watch.

Anyone, back onto the topic/thread.

I don&#39;t believe the Welsh sides are rubbish, they are far from it on occasion. Especially Llanelli, we have a slight history with them in the HC.

Maybe Wales will be famous this year/next year, maybe not. I am just looking forward to some good, and entertaining rugby, but I must add that Northampton will come away with the 4 points against Newport this weekend.

But thats just my prediction, it doesnt mean that everyone else will agree with it. Especially loratadine.

Your thoughts??

robbinho
06-10-05, 09:52 AM
F*cking Hell! There is about 3 pages of utter *****e here. Loratadine, please do your flirting elsewhere rather than spamming up the board for people who want to have a conversation about rugby. You turn every thread it your own personal whingeing ground, and then you bitch when anybody even says boo to you and complain about being attacked. It&#39;s utterly pathetic.

Anyway.... rugby.

Really can&#39;t see Cardiff winning at Wasps, especially with Dallaglio back, they&#39;re just going to have too much.

Saints have home advantage, but the Dragons did play extremely well against the Tigers. Could be a very open game is Saints&#39; forwards manage to get any ball, and keep more than 6 forwards n the park.

Not too sure of Bath&#39;s chances against Ospreys, as we&#39;re resting a few players, but some of the young guys coming through like Hudson, Davis and Cheeseman are all going to be big players before long. Plus even if we lose, a win over Gloucester at home should put us through, and Glos just don&#39;t win at the Rec.

Ok, any more rugby talk gentleman? Or are we going back to girlish whingeing?

You know who you are....

robbinho
06-10-05, 01:13 PM
Interesting article about English / Welsh approaches to the Powergen Cup (http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/48076.html)

The Welsh outlook looks almost pathetic.
"It&#39;s a massive, massive game," the Dragons PR machine reported Jason Forster, their captain, as saying ahead of that meeting with the Tigers. "It doesn&#39;t matter who&#39;s playing, any Leicester team will come at you."
Put another way, it doesn&#39;t matter how seriously the English take it, the Welsh are just desperate to be associated with them.[/b]

loratadine
06-10-05, 03:32 PM
Wasps: Voyce, Sackey, Waters, Abbott, Lewsey, King, Dawson; Bracken, Gotting, Dawson, Hart, Birkett, Worsley, O&#39;Connor, Dallaglio .
Replacements: Ibanez, Payne, Shaw, Lock, Reddan, Brooks, Van Gisbergen.

second string is it?

SaintsFan_Webby
06-10-05, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 04:32 PM
Wasps: Voyce, Sackey, Waters, Abbott, Lewsey, King, Dawson; Bracken, Gotting, Dawson, Hart, Birkett, Worsley, O&#39;Connor, Dallaglio .
Replacements: Ibanez, Payne, Shaw, Lock, Reddan, Brooks, Van Gisbergen.

second string is it?
Not second string, but the team has certainly been shuffled, with Van Gisbergen, Payne, Ibanez and Shaw all rested, and players out of position such as Voyce at full-back.

harrison2468
06-10-05, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:51 AM
well harrison was speaking welsh and he tld me to reply, - geese - sorry.
Fluent in Welsh actually! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

OK, Powergen.

I think most sides will play reasonable strong sides this week, but not due to taking the comp more seriously, but because of what we have found out from the play-offs - no games for three weeks and your team will become rusty, lack cohesion etc...

This is way Wasps team is strong, if they name a weaker unit, then the majority of their first team wouldn&#39;t have played for three weeks. Early days in the season, with players having not played thta many, and they may struugle to get back to the intensity of 80mins.

loratadine
06-10-05, 05:50 PM
lets have a few prediction for the anglo - welsh matches

wasps 15
blues 23

dragons 22
saints 20

bath 19
ospreys 13

scarlets 25
newcastle 18

SaintsFan_Webby
06-10-05, 06:22 PM
Wasps 30
Blues 14

Saints 28
Dragons 19

Bath 25
Ospreys 18

Scarlets 23
Newcastle 20

loratadine
06-10-05, 06:30 PM
bloody hell - do you really think wasps will be able to man handle a confident blues side that will include

williams,rush r,williams and shanks

SaintsFan_Webby
06-10-05, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:30 PM
bloody hell - do you really think wasps will be able to man handle a confident blues side that will include

williams,rush r,williams and shanks
Wasps are the reigning English champions, have won the Heineken Cup, and if they fire can blow away any side in Europe.

So yes, I think they have more than enough to beat Cardiff. Rush is nothing compared to Dallaglio, while Wasps have more than enough pace out wide with Lewsey, Sackey and Voyce. Not to mention a bench containing MVG, Simon Shaw and Rafael Ibanez.

loratadine
06-10-05, 06:37 PM
so you think that wasps could "blow" away tolouse

SaintsFan_Webby
06-10-05, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:37 PM
so you think that wasps could "blow" away tolouse
When Wasps play to their potential, they can beat anyone. Toulouse are consistently at Europe&#39;s top table, and play sublime rugby, but can be beaten.

Saints managed it at home last season, and Wasps beat them in the final a year before that.

loratadine
06-10-05, 07:04 PM
yes but would they blow them away as you said

i think that is extremely hyperbolic

Saint N Sinner
06-10-05, 07:08 PM
I have to agree with Webby on this, Wasps are a great side, and can beat anyone on the day. I mean, WE beat Toulouse at home, and I was pretty shocked at that but if you play THAT well and dont give the oppostion the ball then you can put pressure on them and get a impressive score out of it.

loratadine
06-10-05, 07:10 PM
i think tolouse are such a good side that they wont get blown away for a long time.

Saint N Sinner
06-10-05, 07:14 PM
Depends who is doing the blowing. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

SaintsFan_Webby
06-10-05, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 08:04 PM
yes but would they blow them away as you said

i think that is extremely hyperbolic
It&#39;s an expression, get over it.

On their day, Wasps can thrash anyone in Europe, even the mighty Toulouse. Everyone is beatable.

loratadine
06-10-05, 07:18 PM
well i think the blues on there day could blow away wasps.

Saint N Sinner
06-10-05, 07:18 PM
If the favourites won everytime then, what is the point of competing?

It would make the sport boring, and what would be the point?

harrison2468
06-10-05, 08:19 PM
Wasp 34
Blues 11

Saints 19
Dragons 12

Scarlets 27
Falcons 10

Ospreys 14
Bath 15

Bullitt
06-10-05, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468@Oct 7 2005, 08:19 AM
Saints 19
Dragons 12
You think the Jimmies will score off the boot? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Twill be 20-9 IMO

(that depends on if they can keep the penalty count down however...)

harrison2468
06-10-05, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 7 2005, 09:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 7 2005, 09:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468@Oct 7 2005, 08:19 AM
Saints 19
Dragons 12
You think the Jimmies will score off the boot? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Twill be 20-9 IMO

(that depends on if they can keep the penalty count down however...) [/b]
No, two tries with 1 converted! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Is that 20-9 to Saints?

SmokeyMonkey
06-10-05, 09:51 PM

ENGLISH:-But it was only Leicester you beat last week, we are the Saints![/b]

Oh my god your Welsh is terrible, and terribly funny!

ACTUAL WELSH:-Edrychwch, cais arall gan y Santau, rhif dau!!!!

ACTUAL WELSH:-Edrychwch, cic cosb arall gan y Santau, rhif deg!!!!

ACTUAL WELSH:- A pa rhan o Gymru mae&#39;r dyfarnwr o?

????????what does ^^^^^ this mean ???????

ACTUAL WELSH:-Sut mae dy gwddwg? Ydych chi gallu chwarae yn y rheng flaen heddiw, Mr Thompson?

ENGLISH:-But it was only Leicester you beat last week, we are the Saints!
ACTUAL WELSH:-Dim ond Caerlyr curoch chi wythnos diwethaf, ni yw&#39;r Santau!

Ahhhh, Rant over.

Anyway score predictions:

Wasps 36 - 13 Blues

Northampton 18-26 Dragons - Sticking my neck out

Scarlets 18 - 15 Newcastle

Ospreys 7 - 23 Bath

loratadine
06-10-05, 09:56 PM
the blues will shock wasps

im not saying therell win - but i think theyll get bonus point.

SmokeyMonkey
06-10-05, 09:57 PM
Nope, sorry I just can&#39;t see it happening.
You must remember I&#39;m a Newport and Dragons supporter!

loratadine
06-10-05, 10:02 PM
i dont really support a region,

i support crosskeys, and have a really big soft spot for the ospreys and the blues, but would have to say i support them all - they are all there for the one cause and that to produce high quality rugby and produce a platform for the national team.

Saint N Sinner
07-10-05, 08:41 AM
No chance...

lloydy
07-10-05, 01:39 PM
scarlets squad

Scarlets: L Byrne; M Watkins, D James, R King, T Selley; M Hercus, D Peel; I Thomas, A Gravelle, J Davies, I Afeaki, A Jones, J Mills, S Easterby (capt), A Popham.
Replacements: D Williams, M Rees, H Louw, C Wyatt, C Stuart-Smith, G Bowen, M Jones.

Nice to see Mark Jones on the bench, between him and Wilkinson the physios will be the most nervous people in the whole of west Wales
On a side note played aginst Mark at youth level....made me look a right c@~t http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

loratadine
07-10-05, 03:22 PM
peels out.

Saint N Sinner
07-10-05, 03:42 PM
Dragons Preview in IMO.

If interested.

harrison2468
07-10-05, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 7 2005, 09:56 AM
the blues will shock wasps

im not saying therell win - but i think theyll get bonus point.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif 20-0 half time

loratadine
07-10-05, 08:25 PM
they nearly got a bonus point

great game - wasps played amazing first half

blues played alot better the second and show people what they can do when on the front foot.

SaintsFan_Webby
08-10-05, 07:18 AM
What was the argument I got about Wasps not being able to absolutely own Cardiff?

As I said, Wasps are an awsome side, and are certainly capable of beating anyone in Europe.

harrison2468
08-10-05, 07:46 AM
IMO Scarlets will be sole representives for Wales in the semis.

Northampton and Bath are too serious about the competition.

Wasps, bar a little period in the second-half, sounded like they were on top of Blues. I tried watching it on the BBc website, but it began to slow down, but I did manage to catch Lewsey&#39;s try, which showed Wasp&#39;s defensive brillance.

SmokeyMonkey
08-10-05, 08:54 AM
IMO Scarlets will be sole representives for Wales in the semis.[/b]

We&#39;ll have to see this evening then won&#39;t we? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

loratadine
08-10-05, 10:05 AM
dont write of the welsh regions just yet.

el_tk
08-10-05, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 10:05 AM
dont write of the welsh regions just yet.
You&#39;re becoming more and more like an oracle every day, making all these cryptic statements and then saying &#39;wait and see&#39;

loratadine
08-10-05, 10:11 AM
i know something

that is why im confident of at least two welsh regions being in the semi&#39;s
and i can guarantee a welsh side will be in the final

Bullitt
08-10-05, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 10:11 PM
Right;

Group 1;

Bath
Gloucester
Bristol
Ospreys

With Gloucester in this group, the Ospreys have no chance, regardless of if their taking it serieously or not

Group 2;

Wasps
Blues
Irish
Sarries

Wasps are in the group. Enough said. (Hell, Van Gisbergen could win the group on his own, in his current form).

Group 3;

Newcastle
Sale
Scarlets
Leeds

An open group, but Newcastle are one of those teams that win when they really shouldn&#39;t. It&#39;ll be a slog fest between them and te Scarlets.

Group 4;

Northampton
Dragons
Leicester
Worcester

Leicester should walk this group in theorey, but their not taking it seriously. Worcester are always a dark horse, and a win today against Leicester will put them straight back into the fold. However, Northampton and the Dragons are the main contenders for this group and tonights fixture should really decide the groups winners. Advantage Northampton for 2 reasons; 1. The game is at Franklins Gardens and 2. Last time the Dragons came to Northampton, they were thumped 35-11 by Solomons Saints; The worst Saints side in history.

Saint N Sinner
08-10-05, 12:43 PM
Plus us fans are not going to let them hear any dupport if there is any anyway.

harrison2468
08-10-05, 01:23 PM
i know something

You sound nearly as confident as when you predicted Blues to beat Wasps last night.

My bet for the final would be Northampton and Wasps, if they don&#39;t meet in the semis.

Bullitt
08-10-05, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 7 2005, 09:51 AM
And the guillotine comes down.

32-7

harrison2468
08-10-05, 08:18 PM
i know something

Blues practically out of the group, Dragons actually out of their group.

Lora&#39;s faith has now been invested in a Ospreys side that have already lost to Gloucester and a Scarlets side, who I think will qualify, but have to beat Falcons tomorrow or are practically out.

That confidence is not well founded is it?

harrison2468
08-10-05, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 9 2005, 07:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 9 2005, 07:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SmokeyMonkey@Oct 7 2005, 09:51 AM
And the guillotine comes down.

32-7 [/b]
Sounded like a vintage performance from the Saints tonight, with your half-backs doing partically well.

SaintsFan_Webby
08-10-05, 08:30 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/excl.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

Best Saints performance I&#39;ve seen since the start of last season. The scoreline flattered Newport in the end, they didn&#39;t deserve 1 point let alone 7.

Robinson and Spencer were electric, Sharky&#39;s try was a particular highlight. King Carlos completely owned Sweeney all night, a performance smattered with moments of magic.

Reihana was brilliant, Lamont always looked dangerous, and Cohen is starting to get back to his best. Watch out! Haven&#39;t seen a performance that solid in the Saints centres for ages, Quinlan and Clarke were so solid all night.

The pack were generally superb, but special mention has to go to Selbourne Boome. He was absolutely immense, involved in everything, one of the most instrumental players on the pitch. If only he hadn&#39;t suffered so many injuries last season, he may have fulfilled his potential earlier.

Still, not complaining. Decent result against Leicester and we&#39;re through. Couldn&#39;t have asked for much more.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

loratadine
09-10-05, 09:20 AM
well done saints - looks like there starting to find there feet - which is good as they are one of the more entertaining english sides.

i have faith in the ospreys today

Saint N Sinner
09-10-05, 09:29 AM
It was amazing.

I haven&#39;t seen us play that well, well ever!!.

The pressure from the backs was immense forcing many errors for the Dragons.
The first 8 really got stuck in, and hardly gave the ball away, and the lineout was....WOW. Dragons won about 3 or 4 lineouts and we got about 15 I think neare enough that anyway.

Best performance for a vert long time.

Bring on Leicester.

SmokeyMonkey
09-10-05, 10:21 AM
Absolutly digraceful performance by the Dragons! That definately wasn&#39;t the same team as last week!

Anyway we can still mathematically qualify if Leicester beats Saints with no bonus points in the whole match and we get a bonus point against Worcester. Simple really http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

loratadine
09-10-05, 10:32 AM
the dragons should trounce worcester, if they play like they did against tigers.

Saint N Sinner
09-10-05, 10:32 AM
Im not saying it can&#39;t happen, I&#39;m saying it won&#39;t happen http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

SmokeyMonkey
09-10-05, 10:34 AM
But look.

Dragons actually out of their group.[/b]

Who said anything about you?

harrison2468
09-10-05, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 9 2005, 10:34 PM
But look.

Dragons actually out of their group.

Who said anything about you? [/b][/quote]
Granted but it won&#39;t happen.

Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Northampton 2 2 0 0 54 14 1 9
2 Leicester 2 1 0 1 57 40 1 5
3 Newport-Gwent D&#39;gons 2 1 0 1 31 47 0 4
4 Worcester 2 0 0 2 23 64 0 0

harrison2468
09-10-05, 03:45 PM
Well done Scarlets, look like they may make it - dependant on Sale&#39;s team for the game when they play.

Great kick by Bowen, Scarlet&#39;s forwards were very good.

SaintsFan_Webby
09-10-05, 05:32 PM
Today&#39;s results, plus scorers...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bristol 6 - 34 Gloucester

Gloucester Tries:
P Buxton, J Simpson-Daniel 2, M Cornwell
Gloucester Pens:
L Mercier 2
Gloucester Cons:
L Mercier 4

Bristol Pens:
J Strange 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Llanelli Scarlets 22 - 20 Newcastle

Llanelli Tries:
L Byrne, A Gravelle, M Hercus
Llanelli Pens:
G Bowen
Llanelli Cons:
M Hercus 2

Newcastle Tries:
A Elliot, T May
Newcastle Pens:
M Burke, J Wilkinson
Newcastle Cons:
J Wilkinson 2

Ospreys 20 - 27 Bath

Ospreys Tries:
L Beech, M Jones
Ospreys Pens:
M Jones, S Connor
Ospreys Cons:
M Jones 2

Bath Tries:
F Welsh, A Williams
Bath Pens:
O Barkley 4
Bath Drops:
C Malone
Bath Cons:
O Barkley

Saracens 32 - 13 London Irish

Saracens Tries:
K Sorrell, P Bailey, K Bracken, B Skirving
Saracens Pens:
G Jackson 2
Saracens Cons:
G Jackson 3

Irish Tries:
R Penney
Irish Pens:
R Flutey 2
Irish Cons:
R Flutey

Glad to see I called all the Anglo-Welsh results correctly. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

harrison2468
09-10-05, 06:27 PM
After round two; 4-4.

loratadine
09-10-05, 08:09 PM
heres a question for you english

what is harlequins ground - "the stoop" named after.

el_tk
09-10-05, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 9 2005, 08:09 PM
heres a question for you english

what is harlequins ground - "the stoop" named after.
Someone who used to play for them, can&#39;t remeber his first name. The full name is the Stoop Memorial Ground.

Saint N Sinner
09-10-05, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I know.

loratadine
09-10-05, 08:51 PM
adrian stoop

and he was the first english player to adopt a wider passing flowing game - he copied the welsh, as the welsh in the early days were the only team to play fluid rugby. as is the case still today

el_tk
09-10-05, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 9 2005, 08:51 PM
he copied the welsh, as the welsh in the early days were the only team to play fluid rugby.* as is the case still today
*Cough New Zealand. You&#39;re an idiot. Seriously.

Saint N Sinner
09-10-05, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah on a slightly controversial note.

Who did you say where going to beat:

Northampton
London Wasps
Bath
etc

??

Saint N Sinner
09-10-05, 09:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/scrumv/images/slideshows/pc_091005/stamp400.jpg

Bet that hurt http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

loratadine
09-10-05, 09:03 PM
geese el tk it was meant as joke, however new zealand didnt really play with much flair in the olden days, more like brute force.

Boy
09-10-05, 09:43 PM
Pleasantly surprised with the Bath performance, even if we had to put up with Welsh commentary on S4Code. Not quite sure why the BBC can&#39;t put the games that Welsh TV are covering on interactive or something.

Ospreys looked pretty slick when they got the ball wide, but I think Bath defended pretty well, especially in the 10 mins before half time. Tom Cheeseman in the centres looks like he is going to be something pretty special considering he&#39;s only 19 (as is Ryan Davis). Only shame is that he&#39;s Welsh, so we&#39;ll give him his rugby education only for the WRU to steal him when he starts getting capped.

Oh, and I believe it&#39;s called The Twickenham Stoop these days. Not sure why they changed it.

loratadine
09-10-05, 11:29 PM
The Twickenham Stoop[/b]

is it really?
thats interesting.

Bullitt
10-10-05, 07:38 AM
It changed when Quins merged with the Broncos. And to make them look better as it&#39;s only a garyowen away from HQ.

robbinho
10-10-05, 09:44 AM
Or indeed a 40-20.