PDA

View Full Version : Rugby league 3 announced

esoj
14-08-09, 12:21 AM
wow talk about out of leftfield. rugby league 3 annoucned and it's wii only for now. due to release later this year

http://www.rugbyleague3.com/

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37213

Olyy
14-08-09, 01:47 AM
I really wish i hadn't flogged my Wii on eBay now :(

Thingimubob
14-08-09, 02:02 AM
Finally a Rugby game (of either code) for the Wii! Hell yeah! :D

ak47
14-08-09, 02:54 AM
in the wii due in summer?
well i might take my jetski to the killer whale infested alaskan waters

candybum
14-08-09, 11:22 AM
Looks good ay, gameplay should be a lot different to what we've been getting used to for rugby related games. I'm pretty anxious for this release actually.

O'Rothlain
14-08-09, 01:18 PM
http://www.rugbyleague3.com/images/screenshots/RL3_screenshot0001.jpg

http://www.rugbyleague3.com/images/screenshots/RL3_screenshot0007.jpg

http://www.rugbyleague3.com/images/screenshots/RL3_screenshot0011.jpg
So the first nexgen Rugby Game is League. It definitely pushes my thoughts towards getting a Wii this year. I wonder what the availability will be in the US for this game?

St Helens RLFC
14-08-09, 01:49 PM
I did mention when I gave the exclusive about the world cup edition that RL3 was in development. However, I didn't expect this to be on the Wii. It makes no sense to me for it to be a Wii exclusive however, if I had one sport in mind that wouldn't lend itself well to that particular console, it's Rugby, either code. I'll give Sidhe a chance to see what they come up with and see if they have listened to the fans of course, but I am majorly disappointed that there's no news of any proper next gen games. Yet.

O'Rothlain
14-08-09, 01:55 PM
I think the game play will resemble this video...click here (http://www.mrfeature.com/media.php?name=2334-snl-skit-funny.-this-is-why-the-wii-is-popular-with-men)

Radman
14-08-09, 02:18 PM
I just find it strange that a new and improved sequel with the title Rugby League 3 finds its way to the Wii of all consoles and on it's own.

I look forward to playing it though, it does show signs of improvement.

Hinch
14-08-09, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm excited as all hell.

I get to put a beating on the Broncos, while looking like someone having a seizure every day!

This should be a fun little game. Hopefully it then crosses over to the PS3 and XBox360.

DuncTheDoodle
14-08-09, 06:33 PM
It's on Wii because it's the cheapest to develop for, if anyone else is wondering. They're not too confident that in taking somewhat of a niche, (A Rugby Video game) and making it even more niche (Making it League, not Union) they don't want to splash out too much cash, understandably.

I'll buy it just so that EA thinks twice about waiting for the next World Cup...

esoj
14-08-09, 10:18 PM
you also have to remember it's not just sidhe's decision since the publisher HES basically funds the entire project and naturally want to get some money back. if this wii version does well enough I can then see HES green lighting a 360/p3/pc version. it seems like HES is slowly gearing up for a 360/ps3 game with the ps2 rugby league world cup edition, that psp game coming and now a true full sequel rugby league 3 on the wii the next step would be to go 360/ps3.

Radman
15-08-09, 12:15 AM
2 League games in the 4th quarter of this year, Fan-flippen-tastic!.

It is a shame they aren't ready to go multiplatform just yet but the more improvements and good ideas that shine in the 2 new games, the better for the franchise as it does move to the PS3 and 360.

Hinch
15-08-09, 11:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=408448')</div>
2 League games in the 4th quarter of this year, Fan-flippen-tastic!.

It is a shame they aren&#39;t ready to go multiplatform just yet but the more improvements and good ideas that shine in the 2 new games, the better for the franchise as it does move to the PS3 and 360.[/b]

I&#39;m out of the loop, what&#39;s the second League game?

Radman
15-08-09, 12:21 PM
Rugby League Challenge for PSP.

Olyy
15-08-09, 12:41 PM
I sold my psp last year as well <_<

The gaming world hates me

Hinch
15-08-09, 12:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=408474')</div>
Rugby League Challenge for PSP.[/b]

I have no idea where my PSP is, but I&#39;ll be getting that game. Thanks man.

St Helens RLFC
15-08-09, 02:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Aug 14 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=408435')</div>
you also have to remember it&#39;s not just sidhe&#39;s decision since the publisher HES basically funds the entire project and naturally want to get some money back. if this wii version does well enough I can then see HES green lighting a 360/p3/pc version. it seems like HES is slowly gearing up for a 360/ps3 game with the ps2 rugby league world cup edition, that psp game coming and now a true full sequel rugby league 3 on the wii the next step would be to go 360/ps3.[/b]

That does sound logical.

CeeJay
18-08-09, 12:38 AM
this is a big surprise. sadly, despite owning a wii I live in Japan and will not see a release or be able to import due to region locking.

Ill have to settle for the psp for now.

Kage
18-08-09, 08:05 AM
I really don&#39;t want to play Rugby League with a Wii-mote. Hopefully full joypad support is included.

Woldog
18-08-09, 09:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kage @ Aug 18 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=408653')</div>
I really don&#39;t want to play Rugby League.[/b]

Fixed :P

DuncTheDoodle
18-08-09, 06:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Aug 18 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=408633')</div>
this is a big surprise. sadly, despite owning a wii I live in Japan and will not see a release or be able to import due to region locking.

Ill have to settle for the psp for now.[/b]
You can always buy a Freeloader...

CeeJay
19-08-09, 03:09 AM
ok Im listening.........whats a freeloader?

Radman
19-08-09, 04:21 AM
THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Freeloader) is what a freeloader is and does.

CeeJay
19-08-09, 08:08 AM
Could be worth a go. Is the firmware that blocks it only possible to get via the net? I bought my wii end of last year so would have shipped with the new firmware or am I safe? I have never used it on the net.

Its a shame that nintendo is trying to wipe this thing out. They announced that their console was region free and so I bought it. They then said that they were sorry for lying and that it is not region free. I think they should support freeloader after that.

Radman
19-08-09, 08:39 AM
Yeah I think the latest fimware is only available via the net so you should be sweet.

CeeJay
19-08-09, 10:19 AM
The firmware that blocks it came out in june 08........before I bought my console. Is that the latest update?

Radman
19-08-09, 12:15 PM
Check on your Wii, go to Wii options (bottom left of main screen), Wii settings, it should show you what version firmware you have at the top right of your screen.

DuncTheDoodle
23-08-09, 11:28 AM
I bought a Freeloader, alongside SSB Brawl, and Harvey Birdman. I never got to play the latter, as my Wii&#39;s disc drive got clogged up shortly afterwards and they updated it. The company still say they&#39;re working on an updated one that they&#39;ll send out to all who bought one for free.

CeeJay
23-08-09, 03:26 PM
My wii is 3.1 so Im ok.

Ill give this a go, If I can find a freeloader for sale.

hurricane13
02-11-09, 01:20 AM
was looking thru my chrisco catalogue to day and its got rugby league 3 for ps3 had the network logo aswell

Radman
02-11-09, 01:38 AM
i really don&#39;t think thay added online to this, they would have added it to their features list when they announced the game.

Olyy
02-11-09, 09:53 AM
I thought it was wii only as well,
It&#39;d make sense to have online if it&#39;s on PS3/360 as they&#39;ve got quite established online play, whereas the wii has not that many online games

My girlfriend bought a wii a few weeks ago, so i&#39;m sorted either way now :D

DuncTheDoodle
02-11-09, 04:17 PM
Wii had around 60 online games, act-uall-eee.

Any idea when it&#39;s out? Haven&#39;t heard anything on it since they sent me some exclusive screens for www.knight-nui.com [/plug].

Olyy
02-11-09, 04:41 PM
But 60 out of how many? :P

When i looked it up the other day all i could find was "Quarter 4 2009"

esoj
03-11-09, 12:34 AM
if it follows most of the previous league releases it should come out in december at some point. I&#39;m also pretty sure it&#39;s still only been announced for wii only at this stage.

St Helens RLFC
03-11-09, 01:48 PM
It&#39;s Wii only. Not heard a release date. Sadly I just don&#39;t care about it.

Radman
04-11-09, 02:10 AM
There are confirmed sightings of a Rugby League game being advertised in a bundle with the PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 in our local Chrisco catalogue.

Been 3 hours and Mario hasn&#39;t denied it yet...

Will be back to confirm with pic soon...

So don&#39;t get your hopes up.

ak47
04-11-09, 02:23 AM
meh even if it comes out on ps3/xbox its going to be worse than jonah lomu

double meh

Radman
04-11-09, 02:40 AM
The pic allthough blurry is up on the Sidhe site. (http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=819761#post819761)

Still no confirmation from Mario.

My expectation levels are very low as well AK.

Radman
04-11-09, 02:52 AM
Here is a pic I got.

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/68/110151068_full.jpg

Radman
04-11-09, 05:05 AM
False alarm, the game is aparently not in production.

Chrisco has some explaining to do.

Radman
04-11-09, 05:45 AM
The catalogue is for next year so expect the game on PS3 at least by Christmas next year.

Radman
12-11-09, 04:48 AM
Rugby League 3 Hands On (http://nzgamer.com/wii/previews/843/rugby-league-3-hands-on.html).

Day 1 for me.

Radman
12-11-09, 08:51 AM
The Gamesmen (Aus) has a nice little pre-order bonus (http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/wii-nrl-rugby-league-3-p-25394.html) as well.

CeeJay
12-11-09, 09:22 AM
The preview does sound good. But, if I had just 45 minutes to play RL2 prior to its release I would have thought it was great. sadly after upping the
difficulyt it died a sudden and violent death.

It doesnt matter how much cool stuff they have added, if the AI cant score a try like in RL2 then its history.

Does sound promising though.

Radman
12-11-09, 09:50 AM
Chrisco just put up their PS3 game bundle packs (http://www.chrisco.co.nz/PS3-Turismo5-Rugby-Smackdown).

Rumoured to be out early next year but who knows.

Olyy
12-11-09, 10:34 AM
Sounds good, i&#39;ll be getting that whenever it&#39;s released,
Think i&#39;ll get a gamecube controller as well, the Wiimote/Nunchuck controls sound good, but i bet the novelty wears off quite quickly

esoj
12-11-09, 10:02 PM
a bit disappointing there is no online play but apart from that it sounds promising. day 1 purchase for me too.

O'Rothlain
13-11-09, 12:04 AM
If I had a Wii and were to be an american, could this Rugby League 3 game be played if purchased online? Is there anyway to overcome territorial restrictions?

Radman
13-11-09, 01:14 AM
I&#39;l try and find out for you.

Right now, the only way to play is by using a freeloader on a console with older firmware.

CeeJay
13-11-09, 03:30 AM
Im wondering about this too.

I live in a Japan and bought a freeloader for my Wii. I have firmware 3.2, 3.3 onwards diables it (thanks nintendo!) So far its worked fine with my US imports.

I&#39;m planning on getting RL3 sent over from NZ, it should be fine unless..........like alot of new games, they need the latest firmware to run. So when I put the RL3 disc in I will likely be greeted by a pop up screen telling me I need to update (the update will be on the disc) and if I update, it disables my freeloader, if I dont I cant play. Screwed either way. I asked mario about this on the RL3 forums but got no answer. Maybe I should have created a new topic instead of asking in another questions thread.

Radman
13-11-09, 04:17 AM
I got the feelling it will require an update to put freeloaders out of use. They are also using anti piracy techniques (not saying anyone does it) of which I have no idea how this will work but I tend to think you&#39;ll unfortunately not be able to play this Ceejay.

CeeJay
13-11-09, 04:48 AM
Yes I think its unlikely to work, and I dont want to update my Japanese firmware and and lose my cool US games like no more heroes and zelda. I also am not interested in piracy.

So, plan B is just to import a wii from New Zealand with it! But, the game has to be good if
Im gonna do that. So I&#39;ll be looking for some opinions from guys like yourself.

The main thing I care about is good challenging AI that doesnt cheat. E.g. I dont want huge forwards running down wingers as a cheap substitute for real AI (RL2)

Also draw and pass. A key element largley missing from both previous titles.

lastly player control.

If those things are all good then I&#39;ll do it. Provided theres no other gamebreaking stuff.

St Helens RLFC
13-11-09, 08:45 AM
The Wii should enable a good sidestep. Bet it hasn&#39;t got one though.

CeeJay
14-11-09, 12:05 AM
Sidestep is in, hold the z button and flick let or right.

Radman
16-11-09, 04:01 AM
This is a quote grabbed from the Rugby League Player Magazine. Take from it what you will.

"It&#39;s pretty simple, if you&#39;re reading this magazine you like Rugby League. If you like Rugby League you need to go and buy this game. It is the best thing since sliced bread and honestly any footy lover will wet themselves with the amount of stuff you can do."

Broncos85 posted the following from the preview;

The matrix kicking system is still in place

Gamecube control system is the easiest to pick up for first time users

More you get used to the game the more the attacking & defensive strategies come into play

The AI must of been improved as it mention the AI has an ability to recognise holes in the defensive line, putting in early kick if fullback is out of place plus also perform chips & chase if fullback & wingers are deep

The video ref mini game which games back as refs call is decided by a button bash off

Able to keep tabs on the Super League & Under 20&#39;s during franchise mode to see if there is anyone you wish to sign

Player movements have been improved

Graphics are rather good for a Wii game

C A Iversen
16-11-09, 08:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 16 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=421357')</div>
This is a quote grabbed from the Rugby League Player Magazine. Take from it what you will.

"It&#39;s pretty simple, if you&#39;re reading this magazine you like Rugby League. If you like Rugby League you need to go and buy this game. It is the best thing since sliced bread and honestly any footy lover will wet themselves with the amount of stuff you can do."

Broncos85 posted the following from the preview;

The matrix kicking system is still in place

Gamecube control system is the easiest to pick up for first time users

More you get used to the game the more the attacking & defensive strategies come into play

The AI must of been improved as it mention the AI has an ability to recognise holes in the defensive line, putting in early kick if fullback is out of place plus also perform chips & chase if fullback & wingers are deep

The video ref mini game which games back as refs call is decided by a button bash off

Able to keep tabs on the Super League & Under 20&#39;s during franchise mode to see if there is anyone you wish to sign

Player movements have been improved

Graphics are rather good for a Wii game[/b]

This sounds like they&#39;ve finally gotten it right and it&#39;s not on the Ps3 or 360, dammit! Sounds like it&#39;s more fun than a years worth of free passes to a gentlemans club, but I&#39;d have to ask AK47 about that.

St Helens RLFC
17-11-09, 03:43 PM
If it&#39;s a success on the Wii I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll be coming to the PS3/360 imminently enough.

Bullitt
17-11-09, 03:50 PM
Success on the Wii?

I assume that it features fat women on weighing scales and irritating Geordies presuming they&#39;re better at it then everyone else?

NZL Fan
18-11-09, 03:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 18 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=421586')</div>
If it&#39;s a success on the Wii I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll be coming to the PS3/360 imminently enough.[/b]

Reading between the lines I think it is highly likely a ps3/xbox 360 version will be out prior to the season starting again.........but NOT made by SIDHE.

Does locks still frequent this forum? He&#39;d have some idea I&#39;d imagine?

esoj
26-11-09, 07:09 PM
delayed until march 2010 no exact reason given but apparently it was out of hes&#39;s and sidhe&#39;s control for the game to still make the december date so the next best date is in march before the nrl season starts. my guess is something happened when they submitted it to nintendo for approval or the approval process was going to take too long for enough stock to be manufactured before christmas so they took the next best option of march which does allow time for more marketing and build up for the game.

Olyy
26-11-09, 07:53 PM
Gutted, was really looking forward to this. Suppose march isn&#39;t THAT far away

ak47
27-11-09, 01:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 27 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=423435')</div>
delayed until march 2010 no exact reason given but apparently it was out of hes&#39;s and sidhe&#39;s control for the game to still make the december date so the next best date is in march before the nrl season starts. my guess is something happened when they submitted it to nintendo for approval or the approval process was going to take too long for enough stock to be manufactured before christmas so they took the next best option of march which does allow time for more marketing and build up for the game.[/b]

amateurs - doesnt surprise me it been delayed and they missed Christmas window
heck RL2 should never have been released
i sure hope the advanced hardware means the software is playable

C A Iversen
27-11-09, 02:02 AM
Let&#39;s not make rash judgements. Delays happen with every company now from time to time. If it&#39;s a change or two that makes the game from a 6/10 to an 8/10, then why not? I&#39;d be happy to wait another few months for tweaks that were always necessary with RL2.
Let&#39;s not call them amateurs though, they are the only professional team doing Rugby League, so there&#39;s no other team thats a better option to buy a RL game from.

esoj
27-11-09, 02:55 AM
new content like updated rosters etc will be tricky because as mario said hes and sidhe have to get everything approved and the process for them to get that doesn&#39;t happen until march so the game would be delayed even further if they went down that route. all we can really hope for with this delay is that they might be able to fix a few more bugs that they couldn&#39;t due to time pressure of releasing this year. I won&#39;t lie the delay sucks I was looking forward to playing it over christmas but that&#39;s not to be now. at least it&#39;s only a small delay and we might get a better game because of it.

CeeJay
28-11-09, 01:41 AM
From what I gather at the Sidhe forums this game is finished, and will just be sitting there until march. Nothing will be changed or even
tweaked.

Radman
14-12-09, 11:35 PM
Looks like the delay was due to alcohol sponsors pulling out last minute and forcing Sidhe to remove all traces of it.

esoj
15-12-09, 07:17 AM
http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpos...mp;postcount=29 (http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=826570&postcount=29)

yep that post says it all really. alcohol sponsors pulled out in november and requested they be removed from the game.

ak47
11-01-10, 11:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Nov 27 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=423497')</div>
Let&#39;s not call them amateurs though, they are the only professional team doing Rugby League, so there&#39;s no other team thats a better option to buy a RL game from.[/b]

so the game will be out 2010, has the game updated the below changes :lol:
atleast whilst removing the alcohol, fix the new rosters n strips

the new raiders AWAY jersey is black
Greg Bird is back
Souths need to have Burgess
Todd Carney is back
Tiquiri to the Tigers
k Hunt is gorne
alot has changed and we should be delivered a product that reflects this

NZL Fan - your mail on x360/ps3 versions is exciting

Radman
12-01-10, 01:10 AM
The jerseys and logos will be last years, squad changes will have to be done manually to reflect this years.

God I hope the PS3/360 version isn&#39;t just a copy and paste job with better graphics, gameplay has to get real, NOW!.

ak47
12-01-10, 01:51 AM
well if they cant make a better game than JLR on a machine 15years later - i&#39;ll be damned
i even played it the other day, and had so much fun, i actually had total control of rucks, my players and where i wanted to kick.
i still cant get over that RL1 and RL2 - the control of the players had ice skates, it felt like ice hockey, the momentum was too much and it took a year to change direction - smashing a button the whole time as turbo and quik play the ball is NOT the way to go either.
i saw a psp combo with rugby league the other day.........now this is something that interests me, because i have zero expections with mobile gaming, the gimmick and convenience of playing snake on the train never ends - ie it doesnt have to be that good just fill my attention for 10mins

Radman
12-01-10, 02:36 AM
Zero expectations + 10 minute attention fill = Rugby League Challenge will meet those requirements easily.

Very simplistic but surprisingly does one or two things better than the past Sidhe games, namely the player control and kicking.

ak47
12-01-10, 03:11 AM
i just noticed wicked witch did afl and rugby league on psp
could this be the mob that tru blu appointed to take care of the NRL franchise on next gen, that NZL Fan is on about.
i might have to get a psp now

Radman
12-01-10, 05:19 AM
No, I&#39;m fairly certain Sidhe has that job as well. Time will tell.

O'Rothlain
14-01-10, 02:32 AM
Greetings to you tech-savvy members of the forum.
I&#39;m going to buy a Wii in the next month.
Does anyone know if RL3 will be released in the US, or if a UK or Aus version will play on a US Wii?
So, that&#39;s a 2 part question I suppose.
I may have missed this, but I&#39;ve been cruising around the ole interweb, including sidhe&#39;s forum, and can&#39;t really find the answer.
Thanks in advance! :D

Radman
14-01-10, 02:48 AM
You won&#39;t be able to play it mate, unless you import a Wii with the game.

ak47
14-01-10, 03:43 AM
i cant believe there is no pc version of this title for our international fans

esoj
14-01-10, 03:48 AM
only way to play it on a US wii will be with some kind of homebrew option like a freeloader or some other homebrew technique. this is not really recommended as you have to be really careful how you update your console in the future because official updates from nintendo have bricked wii&#39;s that used homebrew in the past.

if there was going to be a pc version there would most likely be a 360 and/or ps3 version too.

Radman
14-01-10, 03:59 AM
Sidhe have put copy protection in this game so there is no way this game will work on anything other than a legit console with a legit copy of the game, so I&#39;d say there is no chance of the game working with a freeloader of any sort.

I know devs are starting to shy away from PC versions but there has to be a limited edition of say 10,000 or something for the few who want the game overseas and for those who like the mod side of things to release when the 360/PS3 versions hit.

ak47
14-01-10, 05:51 AM
Its very sad rugby in both forms of the game has not seen next gen light
We have 2 cricket titles already and no rugby
It&#39;s a massive shattering thought in my life I carry everyday – its like those monkeys that hang on the back of people.
I suppose this predicament keeps me employed, committed to the cause of keeping mum happy :P

Radman
15-01-10, 07:20 AM
I do have a concern that the presentation has taken priority over the gameplay. It seems controls have been fixed but all else has been tweaked to be better but not show alot of realism.

Just looks like the game is a shell of what it should be, everything is there but real gameplay.

Time and will tell how good it will be but here&#39;s hoping the "next gen" versions have the realness I&#39;m after.

Radman
15-01-10, 07:32 AM
Or maybe I&#39;ve been spoiled too much by Fifa and am expecting too much too fast...

Olyy
15-01-10, 10:18 AM
I get what you mean, the actions (kicking/tackling/scoring a try) seem over animated, if that&#39;s the word. It&#39;s like you press the button, and then aren&#39;t playing for a second or two, just watching the little animation of it happening.
It happened in RL2 as well, it was very disjointed in gameplay

ak47
20-01-10, 11:26 PM
Of course this doesn’t mean anything as the writer of the article is merely just a writer, not a gamer, but it was interesting to see……especially considering some of the talk in this thread.

MunsterMan
21-01-10, 01:11 AM
Would definitely get this if it comes out on 360, I still play Rugby06 on PS2 the odd time lol.

Who knows, I might start following league if the game gave me a better understanding of the tactics etc.

Is it just NRL or Superleague too?

Radman
21-01-10, 01:16 AM
Both NRL and SuperLeague.

ak47
22-01-10, 01:05 AM
effing sweet, am going to EB Bondi Junction after work and will put this thru its paces - playable demo @ the shop
will report back later tonight

CeeJay
22-01-10, 01:34 AM
Excellent, I look forward to hearing your opinion on this one.

What we already know is that the player control is much better, and the button mashing speed burst is gone.

I would like to know if the AI still just goes mental on the hightest difficulty, like RL2 I think it will start off quite fun on normal but then fail once you start looking for a challenge.

If you get half a change, give it a go on hard!

esoj
22-01-10, 02:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 22 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=433190')</div>
effing sweet, am going to EB Bondi Junction after work and will put this thru its paces - playable demo @ the shop
will report back later tonight[/b]

cheers mate looking forward to your report from one of our own that loves games. I probably will be getting it anyway since I do have a wii but it&#39;s always nice to hear what you are in for before purchasing.

seems like there could be a few more demo stations set up too going by this post from mario.
http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpos...mp;postcount=12 (http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=829446&postcount=12)

ak47
22-01-10, 12:47 PM
ok this is pretty good
its not great but its better than RL2
immediately the graphic smack u in the face - they are great, it makes the experience so much more enjoyable
i only had about 10mins, didnt try much and the nintendo controller didnt help me at all - the buttons are farked
the control was better but still not as responsive as i would like.
there is alot of resemblence from the previous titles, but if feels alot more polished
there are these pre-set options at each play the ball - i imagine, hit-up, pass to the backs, or kick as some, but the symbols for each were forgien and didnt know what they meant - need the book
kicking for goal is alot better but not as good as ea rugby imo
this is all i can say right now, the controller was an arse the main green button was kick, there are buttons in positions i dont even know, i felt like my grandma playing street fighter in 1994.
i feel its a goer, but it will have its frustratons - a game you want to love, but a game that wont love you the same
better than RL2 100%....but i wont get a wii for it.
there is still alot to learn, i could be harsh, there are things there that could change my view - i will say i walk away impressed, the graphics are amazing it makes rugby08 look like dog pile...i could watch a mate for hours, knowing the little frustrations are being handed out on him - its a great game to look at.

Radman
22-01-10, 01:02 PM
So it seems it will definately take some time to get comfortable with the controls and how all the extra gameplay options affect the way the game plays.

Radman
22-01-10, 01:13 PM
What difficulty did you play on AK?, and what was the AI like on attack?.

St Helens RLFC
22-01-10, 01:13 PM
Cheers for the run-down AK.

ak47
22-01-10, 01:35 PM
i played in level 2 difficulty - there is more to explore, which is good
if it had a normal controller my analysis would be more educated, i feel blind playing it, but it looks that good, it didnt pause to check the controls
ill play it again, and will learn, but i tell ya i could watch the demo for hours of ai v ai
its only the wii, but the visuals just blow you away - the shading is amazing
i also saw u20&#39;s.......there must be alot of players in this game, and you can pick what time, and conditions you play in,and whatever ever team
there is alot to like already, with alot to learn.....damn controlers going to give me nightmares, these mad katz nintendo jobs, how they pick the green button as the kick in play button is beyond belief the green button take up 4/5ths of the face of the controller, so every time i had the ball i kciked it way on the 1st - thinking it was turbo or tackle bust etc
i reckon 3,4 hit ups then move it, can make the ai scramble - maybe a bit of a mix up, can throw the ai out (like maddens running v passing game)
but i gotto suss out what those symbols mean at each play the ball, i am 90% sure its like rugby08, with forward hitups, pass to backs, slot into pocket kick or dummy half run etc

ak47
22-01-10, 01:39 PM
ai on attack was good
i was short on the blind, and they went there twice in a set, cut out straight to the winger - i got across in cover before any major metres were gain, but the ai looked for it, which is good
whether they do that all the time or only when i am short on the blind - time will tell

esoj
22-01-10, 08:45 PM
excellent nice little review game looks like it is definitely worth getting then. as for the controller I believe the full game will support anything from a gamecube, classic and some variations of wiimote/wiimote +nunchuck so hopefully should be a controller and control scheme that suits everyone.

Olyy
22-01-10, 08:57 PM
Nice little run down,

Think i&#39;ll be investing in a gamecube or classic controller when it comes out, can imagine the wiimote on it&#39;s side being fiddly, and wiimote/nunchuck being alright for a gimmick, but annoying in the long run

ak47
22-01-10, 09:30 PM
this is the epic fail of a controller i was using

http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/cont-wi...tz-p-25509.html (http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/cont-wiigc-controller-madcatz-p-25509.html)

Radman
22-01-10, 09:39 PM
Oh great, they are throwing them in for free with team themed controller templates for the Wii controller as part of a preorder deal.

So we all get to share in its awesomeness lol.

I think I&#39;ll go with the Wii controller/Nunchuck scheme as intended and see how it goes.

I&#39;m ****** the Defensive line sliding defense controls seem tacked on and not actually a crucial part of the defensive line controls but I won&#39;t know how well they work until I try it for myself.

candybum
22-01-10, 10:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 23 2010, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=433300')</div>
this is the epic fail of a controller i was using

http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/cont-wi...tz-p-25509.html (http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/cont-wiigc-controller-madcatz-p-25509.html)[/b]

That&#39;s one stink looking controller.

Thanks for your review, considering getting it myself.

ak47
28-01-10, 02:06 AM
there are some youtube videos of the demo being played @ stores
you can gauge how good the graphics are off these

some of the camera anlges and replays look amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46yAA-3pu-k...feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46yAA-3pu-k&feature=related)

everytime i watch i wanna get a wii - it will be hard to resist come march

Radman
28-01-10, 02:33 AM
Yeah, the presentation has improved ten fold. I&#39;m really looking forward to playing it and trying out all of the new features, hopefully I get the opportunity soon since Mario offered a select number of local fans the chance for a session with the game.

CeeJay
28-01-10, 04:07 AM
Do you guys know if you can actually access the instant replays, or are they just automatic?

I have seen the automatic ones after a try which is cool, but can I pause the game and access them?

This is for when I may want to record tries. If the answer is no, then do they atleast loop indefinatley?

Ive decided to import a wii and this game to Japan, cant resist damn rugby games.

Radman
28-01-10, 04:49 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure its automatic with no access to them.

Just watching some vids again, taking in the presentation rather than carefully watching the gameplay and WOW!, it really does look good.

ak47
28-01-10, 05:05 AM
yeah man
this is amazing it look soo good
vossy is stale, but other than that the preso is unreal
i think the replays loop until you hit a button - like ea rugby
does the wii do VGA cable or DVI? - can you plug them into a computer monitor?
i am all over this!

CeeJay
28-01-10, 06:29 AM
Looping is good enough I guess, better than the RL1 and 2 anyway.

I think this game is going to fail on the harder difficulties just like RL2 did, but Im such a sucker for rugby games. I have owned them all, and this will be no exception.

Radman
28-01-10, 08:16 AM
We&#39;ll just have to wait and see for ourselves and yes I will buy it no matter what because I want the great game of Rugby League to keep on being developed further. It will take time to get to where my expectations really are but Sidhe are making progress slowly but surely.

CeeJay
28-01-10, 10:26 AM
Yeah thats why Im still buying, at worst it will be good for a month or so. Thats how long I managed to drag out RL2 for, and that was bad. Spent a good 8 months on Rl1!

Radman
28-01-10, 10:39 AM
Been playing RL1 on and off since its release in 03. My most played game ever by a long way.

esoj
29-01-10, 12:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 28 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=434219')</div>
yeah man
this is amazing it look soo good
vossy is stale, but other than that the preso is unreal
i think the replays loop until you hit a button - like ea rugby
does the wii do VGA cable or DVI? - can you plug them into a computer monitor?
i am all over this![/b]

yeah wii will do vga but you have to get a cable like this for it http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.p...=1&Itemid=1 (http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2&category_id=3&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1)

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2007/10/31/vdig...a-cable-review/ (http://www.wiinintendo.net/2007/10/31/vdigis-wii-vga-cable-review/)

Radman
29-01-10, 02:33 AM
Someone over at Leagueunlimited claims to have played a Rugby League game being made by Bigant Studios. Make of that what you will.

ak47
29-01-10, 05:26 AM
interesting rumour - and i hope its true
they ARE making AFL - dnno why NRL hasnt been announced

TruBlu/HES do publish their other titles

ak47
29-01-10, 05:42 AM
Well well well
I have to believe the guy,
Not liking the news is absolute crap though, surely it must be scrapped.
How the hell can it be worse than sidhe ps2 efforts?

Radman
29-01-10, 05:45 AM
Might wanna put the question to him over there.

I guess as long as the players are easy to control, there are good defensive and attacking options and hopefully it is a bit more realistic as well as hoping there is good solid online play, I&#39;m in.

ak47
29-01-10, 05:59 AM
even if its totaly crap in single player, if its a fair playing field online, it will kick arse
just look at ashes 2009 - totally crap until you get online, and i swear its in my top games ever
some of mymates still religously play it - online only of course - and this is considering u can quit and not lose etc etc

Radman
29-01-10, 06:10 AM
Thats the thing, look at Rugby 06/08, it gets real easy in single player so doesn&#39;t last that long but as soon as you start playing mates it makes a huge difference and the depth really starts to shine, so for that game even if Rugby WC 2011 (if they bother) is just a straight port with updated teams and graphics, it will own online.

I&#39;m hoping that this will turn out good, fingers crossed. I wonder what their customer support will be like as far as fixes and updates for glaring bugs.

CeeJay
29-01-10, 06:29 AM
Nice find.

Radman, you should post this over on the Sidhe forums, liven things up a bit! Especially since Mario was active in that topic.

If this is coming to ps3 and has online play then I agree, it has a chance to be great regardless of how bad singeplayer is. When did that chrisco catalogue have it dated for?

Radman
29-01-10, 06:37 AM
I don&#39;t wanna post it when it isn&#39;t 100% confirmed, don&#39;t wanna look stupid if I&#39;m wrong. But surely someone else will find the info and post it, Id rather not be that guy just in case.

I will say as bad as RL2 was online I did get a slight sense of excitement between all the lag when I played it online the few times I did, so whatever RL3 brings it surely can only be better and funner.

Radman
29-01-10, 08:24 AM
Ugh, couldn&#39;t resist. :blush:

Mario
03-02-10, 02:53 AM
Trailer is out http://www.youtube.com/sidhenz

Hands on preview is up http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/...-league-3/15265 (http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/hands-on-with-rugby-league-3/15265)

CeeJay
03-02-10, 05:15 AM
That is a pretty good trailer, no mucking around trying to be fancy, just lots of gameplay (well, 40 odd seconds worth.) All looking pretty damn nice.

EDIT: I hope against hope that the bit at the end is not part of the grand final celebration (the bit with the trophy on the ground) better than nothing I suppose. I always liked the cup celebration in in Rugby 2000 best. They just did victory laps holding the cup and celebrating while confetti fell from the sky. Nice and simple, but realistic and long enough for you to bask in the glory of your win.

esoj
03-02-10, 05:28 AM
nice trailer and a pretty glowing preview/review too. hopefully radman gets the chance to have a go at sidhe HQ and give us more info :D

Radman
03-02-10, 06:02 AM
I will and I&#39;m gonna focus solely on gameplay and my main is to suss out the new attacking and defensive strategies to give you an idea how each works as well as how each will add to the depth of the attacking and defensive gameplay.

ak47
03-02-10, 07:18 AM
oh god........bloody $400 this will cost me, i need a wii :wall:

Radman
03-02-10, 08:04 AM
Don&#39;t worry, you can flog it off if the 360 (if it eventuates) version comes out.

I&#39;m much the same, I flogged my Wii off to a mate for much needed cash so depending on how good it turns out I could be saving up for another one.

ak47
03-02-10, 10:51 PM
am going to wait until its out fully and the reviews have poored in

its going to be hard, but i need to see what people say after a good session on the thing - none of the this honeymoon "OMG best game ever" period like all games in the first 12 hours - even i have fallen for that

</span></span>

Radman
04-02-10, 12:14 AM
There is so much I want to know about the gameplay still, I can&#39;t wait till next week so I can try and suss it all out so I can give y&#39;all a better idea how good it plays and what sort of depth the new options create.

esoj
04-02-10, 05:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Feb 4 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> ('index.php?act=findpost&pid=435003')</div>
There is so much I want to know about the gameplay still, I can&#39;t wait till next week so I can try and suss it all out so I can give y&#39;all a better idea how good it plays and what sort of depth the new options create.[/b]

I&#39;ll be be looking forward to your report after you get the chance to play it. I already have a wii so I&#39;m getting it day 1 no matter what happens but it&#39;s always good to know what you are getting yourself into before buying.

Mario
09-02-10, 12:19 AM
Another hands on preview, this time from Gameplanet

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/nintendo/games...Rugby-League-3/ (http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/nintendo/games/159877/previews/134445.Rugby-League-3/)

St Helens RLFC
09-02-10, 04:19 PM
Looking good so far.

ak47
10-02-10, 12:17 AM
when do u play dan?

Radman
11-02-10, 09:51 AM
I posted some thoughts on the game HERE (http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38725).

Locks and Dan will be alot better at explaining things than I was able to but I left the session wanting to play more.

I can&#39;t say enough about the presentation though, really impressed by the improvement there.

esoj
12-02-10, 01:24 AM
very nice report there radman. I&#39;ll be pre-ordering this at some point before release.

Olyy
12-02-10, 01:51 AM
Yeah, good right up,
I&#39;m so excited about this now =D

candybum
12-02-10, 11:12 AM
As we always are when a rugby type of game is due to be released.

St Helens RLFC
12-02-10, 04:32 PM
Hopefully it will be Monday.

St Helens RLFC
18-02-10, 02:10 PM
Going tomorrow. Any questions? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

CeeJay
19-02-10, 03:26 AM
I have a some,

1. Can you draw and the fullback and put guys away?

2. Do guys run onto the ball or catch it stationary (generally)

3. Do dummies work again? (great in RL1, but busted in RL2)

4. Shoulder charge, same question as dummies.

5. If you get the chance to play it on the hightest two difficultiies, is it crazy hot potato with no need
for player defence?

Cheers.

St Helens RLFC
19-02-10, 07:06 PM
Right, well, I&#39;ve just got back, it was a very good afternoon me and Locksley spent at Alternative Software in deepest, darkest Castleford. I&#39;ll be writing a full review later on tonight or tomorrow.

Treefrog
20-02-10, 01:03 AM
Mario in a Penguin suit in RL3?

esoj
09-03-10, 12:09 AM
7.0 from ign aus http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1075104p1.html

Olyy
12-03-10, 05:15 PM
Just preordered this, and bought a gamecube remote, should be playing it this time next week :D

Olyy
18-03-10, 11:24 PM
Argh!
Just checked on play.com to see if my pre-ordered copy had been dispatched, only to see that they&#39;ve pushed the release date back till April 9th!

St Helens RLFC
22-03-10, 04:26 PM
I doubt you&#39;ll see it then either, I would the 16th is more likely, that&#39;s looking like the release date currently.

DuncTheDoodle
22-03-10, 08:56 PM
I was going to go and pre-order it, bu then saw it was £40 to do so, and have opted to wait a month or so until the price drops to £30 or lower.

St Helens RLFC
22-03-10, 09:40 PM
I&#39;d suggest it won&#39;t.

esoj
23-03-10, 01:49 AM
for those a bit cash strapped in aus and nz (like me) nintendo australia/nz are giving away 5 copies of the game. all you have to do is sign up to club nintendo at www.nintendon.com.au and enter with a short message on what your favoruite team is.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?actio...mpetitionId=180 (http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=competition&form_name=show&competitionId=180)

yumyum
23-03-10, 09:30 AM
is this really as good as every1 is saying?? i got overly excited from reading post on here so (no i didnt go and buy a wii), glad i didnt, went and borrowed my mates wii and hired rugby league 3 out for 3 days, thinking im gonna be playing this all weekend!! Played for one night!! :mellow:
To me its still feels like your not really defending, you just automatically get drawn or should i say sucked into the runner. Found myself still just tapping the tackle button. Dont get me wrong, it felt a little better, but not really. I felt i would play one game then the next felt exactly the same!!
Licenses and everything are great but i still think people are banging on about this game abit too much!! It was fun for the first couple of hours then i found myself getting bored of it!! Sad, because I wanted to like this soooo much. Abit of a step up but still feels like your being pulled around by invisible elastic bands!

Mario
24-03-10, 11:07 AM
I have just heard direct from Alternative Software in the UK who has confirmed the release date for Rugby League 3 for Wii in Europe is 16 April.

Apologies on behalf of HES and Altermative for the delay, but for those waiting you&#39;ll be able to get your hands on a copy soon.

ynuiguy
11-04-10, 07:31 AM
the silence in this thread says alot about the quality of rugby league 3 on wii!!!!

TRF_Olyy
11-04-10, 09:17 AM
the silence in this thread says alot about the quality of rugby league 3 on wii!!!!
The fact that it hasn't been released yet speaks more for the silence than the quality does :P

TRF_Olyy
20-04-10, 04:04 PM
Got it through today, just played my first game and I love it!

Playing it with a gamecube controller, still getting used to the controls, i imagine it's a nightmare using the wiimote, but the game itself is fantastic
Good graphics, it flows very well, and the changing defensive/offensive strategys before each play the ball, and in play, is very well done!

CeeJay
21-04-10, 07:41 AM
Well, Ive put in about 40 hours now and I've had enough. In the end legend and league god are the same as RL2. Legend is a good challenge but too easy once you get used to it. League god is an unplayable mess.

Actually, this game really is alot like RL2. Almost all of the same problems are there. It is definately an improvement overall but falls into all the same holes.

alex
21-04-10, 09:26 AM
Well, Ive put in about 40 hours now and I've had enough. In the end legend and league god are the same as RL2. Legend is a good challenge but too easy once you get used to it. League god is an unplayable mess.

Actually, this game really is alot like RL2. Almost all of the same problems are there. It is definately an improvement overall but falls into all the same holes.

i thought league god on RL2 was a good challenge and almost always had a nice, close win.

TRF C A Iversen
21-04-10, 10:32 AM

So are the control issues the same (unable to really control the action) ?

TRF_Olyy
21-04-10, 11:29 AM
I think the controls are done very well, the kicking is quality and you can set up which defensive/offensive formation you want before each play the ball, then control that further during play with the D-Pad

Radman
21-04-10, 11:31 AM
I'm pi**ed off that I sold my Wii. :(

PS3 Rugby League better be good dag nabbit.

TRF_Saints
22-04-10, 12:36 AM
League God mode was almost impossible. Always has been.

CeeJay
22-04-10, 07:50 AM
So are the control issues the same (unable to really control the action) ?

They have been improved. Particulalry on offense (you dont have to counter steer anymore!) but I still feel like Im fighting the game. Guys still get stuck running backwards and sideways and pass the ball to wingers standing in touch. sometimes I feel like Im just watching a succession of breaktackle animations and when they end, hoping for a chance to control my player for a brief moment.

Seasoned feels pretty smooth and fun, but it all comes undone on legend and seasoned.

Name a problem with RL2 and Ill bet its still there in some form.

TVH11
04-05-10, 02:16 PM
just bought the game today, played a few matches and so far its as i'd expected it to be. Enjoyable on the whole, but far from perfect and highly flawed. Its fun, and the basics are done well, but as other posters have previously mentioned same kinda bugs os RL2. Haven't played with Gamecube controller, and found the numchuck the only playble controls, DO NOT use the remote by itself, pointless control system (especially for those with larger hands lol)
I guess this will play me through till Backbreaker.

DuncTheDoodle
05-05-10, 08:13 PM
I was up in Edinburgh at the weekend, and knew nothing about this Magic Weekend until I got there and saw Hurricanes shirts left, right and centre, but the game was £46 in Gamestation on Princes Street! Madness!

TRF_Saints
05-05-10, 10:40 PM
The Magic Weekend is always poorly advertised.