PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League 2

Pages : [1] 2

St Helens RLFC
27-05-04, 01:03 AM
Discuss SIDHE's sequel - how would YOU make it better?

And if someone would edit the title for me to make me look less illiterate I&#39;d be very grateful... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

..::ERIC::..
27-05-04, 01:18 AM
The current game is very, very good. Simple things like left footed kickers and fixing all the bugs would make a good sequel. But, if they do add things I would really love to see a season mode. Even if it is simplistic it would still add to the game. Maybe, start with some money and purchase like 22 players. As they play better they become more expensive, as they play crap you pay them less. Winning gets you more money or whatever.

St Helens RLFC
27-05-04, 01:23 AM
One of the few things Rugby 2004 did better than SJRL was the season mode.

On the hardest level, it was DAMNED hard to build a good team on Rugby 2004, and I agree, a season mode would enhance the longivity of the next Rugby League title.

I also think SIDHE need to invest in some more English statisticians. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

27-05-04, 01:32 AM
And player likeness for the Super Leauge. Robbie Paul and Tony Martin are too black.

St Helens RLFC
27-05-04, 01:34 AM
Tommy Martyn was positively Asian...

SIDHE will have more time for this game, and because they listen to us, I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll get it right.

sanzar
27-05-04, 01:42 AM
I&#39;m just really keen to be able to make better use of the play maker (being able to make him drop back for kicks etc) and perhaps a set play system which will send your players running in certain directions and when you need to pass they flash red or something, which would therefore give you the opportunity to go with the set play or keep running if you spot a gap! (I&#39;d really love something like this)
Also being able to use dummy runners, slicker passing, and more realistic and varied player animations.

NZL Fan
27-05-04, 02:39 AM
Players need more individual abilities, and they need to be all rated out of 20 so that there is more points of difference between each player (some decent research into player stats wouldn&#39;t go amiss either.....).

Defense system needs an major overhaul. If I wanted to sit back and watch (hope really!!) that the computer is going to make most of my tackles then I would have bought a managerial game. If they do stick with the current crap system then they would have to vastly improve the computer defense (especially on the line where you expect your computer &#39;buddy&#39; to make even simple tackles), and the player selection would be pick up the INSIDE defender, rather then the outside defender, as it is much more natural to defend &#39;inside-out&#39;, and it would stop those annoying runs by the comp. down the centre of the field.

Have dummy halves that are not "frozen". This was done I believe to eliminate the player making most of the tackles with the 2 markers. I&#39;m sure a better solution could be found.

All the bugs fixed (a fulltime job in itself......).

Tackling needs a major rethink. Get rid of the big hit button. Instead have a "ball and all", and a "low/diving/ankle tap tackle". The result of the tackle should be dependant on such things as speed of tackler/ runner, number of players in the tackle, strength of runner, direction of runners (is the runner stepping, is the tackle from behind-front on), tackling ability, stamina levels of players in tackle. At the moment it is a real lottery. How many times does a big tackle from behind suddenly turn into a front on high tackle??? Less high tackles is a must.......

Season mode, player form/morale/fitness fluctiations during a season, injuries (short and long term). At present there is no incentive to change from your best starting lineup. If players showed low morale/poor fitness/form at the selection stage then you would have to think about changing the team around (ala Pro evolution soccer).

The passing game is one of the worst things about the game. Rugby 2001 was far more usable. Balls don&#39;t get thrown 40mtrs backwards. Long balls should be how many times you hit the pass button (ie hit twice to miss a player etc). Off the ball supporting players need to make much better runs, cut backs, run arounds and scissor movements.

Player profiles, or even what position they play. Frustating trying to play with English teams, not knowing all their players, and trying to work out what position they play by their stats!!

In defense you need the ability to choose the fullback. Have a seperate button for the fullback so that you can select him when you want, and also not accidently select him when you don&#39;t need him (triangle button on the PS2 would be perfect).

Get rid of button bashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!Implement Pro evolution 3 running sytem!!!!

Most of all THE DEVELOPERS NEED TO PLAY PRO EVOLUTION 3 AND DESCOVER FOR THEMSELVES WHAT MAKES A TRULY GREAT SPORTS VIDEO GAME!!!!!!! It was a great effort first up, but I&#39;d expect a big improvement in the second version.

Ripper
27-05-04, 03:03 AM
Owner Mode from Madden 2004.

Also have a fantasy draft type mode from Madden. (Where each player is put in a pool and each team gets 30 rounds to pick - 1 Pick per round - the order is randomly generated)

NZL Fan
27-05-04, 03:20 AM
Fantasy draft mode would also be a great addition..............may give those Souths, Warriors??? fans some hope of winning the premiership.

umosay
27-05-04, 06:31 AM
the warriors have got very close 2 years in a row, don&#39;t compare them with souths who come 14th or 15th every season.

i would like to see quick darts from dummy half, as it is now the dummy half player stands up and then you can run, awfully slowly at that, dummy half acceleration could also be a stat, as quick players would make more ground

Ripper
27-05-04, 09:38 AM
Take a leaf out of Rugby 2004

L1 or R1 Pass Left/Right to a back
L2 or R2 Pass Left/Right to a foward

28-05-04, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@May 27 2004, 08:38 PM
Take a leaf out of Rugby 2004
NEVER

St Helens RLFC
28-05-04, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by umosay@May 27 2004, 05:31 PM
the warriors have got very close 2 years in a row, don&#39;t compare them with souths who come 14th or 15th every season.
That&#39;s right - don&#39;t even try and call the Souths chokers!

Ripper
28-05-04, 09:04 PM
I agree with Saints - when you choke it means you require a chance to win...

umosay
29-05-04, 12:55 AM
choke means you get beaten by the better team

much like your blues ripper

29-05-04, 04:37 AM
On kick returns you practicly always have your whole team back ready to hit up (in the game). Usually on the first tackle its only the fullback, wingers and sometimes a centre that manage to get back (in reality).

St Helens RLFC
29-05-04, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by umosay@May 29 2004, 11:55 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

No it doesn&#39;t!

At least not here, anyway, "choke" in a sporting sense means bottling it.

wigan_rlfc
29-05-04, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+May 30 2004, 02:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ May 30 2004, 02:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay@May 29 2004, 11:55 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

No it doesn&#39;t!

At least not here, anyway, "choke" in a sporting sense means bottling it. [/b]
eg Bradford v Saints in finals.

St Helens RLFC
29-05-04, 09:11 PM
Eg Wigan in Grand Finals.

wigan_rlfc
29-05-04, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@May 30 2004, 08:11 AM
Eg Wigan in Grand Finals.
We have won one.

St Helens RLFC
30-05-04, 12:12 AM
But lost 3.

St Helens RLFC
02-06-04, 11:40 PM
Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I alerted Mario to this thread, and I&#39;m sure he&#39;ll be checking in to have a read of our ideas, so keep them coming.

Mario
03-06-04, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 3 2004, 10:40 AM
Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I alerted Mario to this thread, and I&#39;m sure he&#39;ll be checking in to have a read of our ideas, so keep them coming.
Yep, we are here and listening.

St Helens RLFC
03-06-04, 01:36 AM
One thing that was good and bad at the same time Mario was the half way line.

It was really great to see the official emblem of either the Super League or the NRL.

However, when the players ran into it you struggled to see the players. Maybe when the players approach the half way line, you could fade the emblem out to be a part of the background, and when play is away, return it to normal?

sanzar
03-06-04, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 3 2004, 12:36 PM

It was really great to see the official emblem of either the Super League or the NRL.

However, when the players ran into it you struggled to see the players. Maybe when the players approach the half way line, you could fade the emblem out to be a part of the background, and when play is away, return it to normal?
Really? I never had trouble seeing the players personally... only the numbers on their backs. Maybe this could be solved by a subtle zoom function that automatically occurs when a player is tackled... then when the player is about to recieve the ball from dummy half it zooms out a bit.
How about that?

umosay
03-06-04, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 3 2004, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 3 2004, 05:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 3 2004, 12:36 PM

Really? I never had trouble seeing the players personally... only the numbers on their backs. Maybe this could be solved by a subtle zoom function that automatically occurs when a player is tackled... then when the player is about to recieve the ball from dummy half it zooms out a bit.
How about that? [/b]
neither have I

03-06-04, 07:39 AM
Better positional play from the wingers and fullback on the last. They just stand on the dead ball line and if you grubber through to your winger its really easy to beat them to the line. Also wingers should automaticly chase grubbers, currently its hard to control them.

St Helens RLFC
03-06-04, 12:04 PM
It was good that the wingers and the full back dropped back, but they dropped back too far and as has been said, they don&#39;t react quickly enough to dangerous breaks or kicks.

NZL Fan
04-06-04, 12:28 AM
I was thinking about the unfreezing of the play the ball markers..............

In a real game each marker generally goes in a different direction on defense. What if the player could only control the back marker only??, this would lessen the chances of that player making all the tackles from the dummy half area, and would mean yards could be made at dummy half if the defending player chose to go the same way as the computer controlled front marker, or else moved too quickly out of the dummy half area leaving a hole on the inside to be exploited. Would also stop the annoying player selection problem when you get stuck with only choosing between the two marker defenders (who are frozen for a few vital seconds), when what you really want is a defender in the line.

A "unfrozen" dummy half defender would also increase the ability to defend well hard on the line as well.

Add to that the "must have" separate fullback selection button on defense (much like the special goalkeepers control button in footy games). This would stop the times you accidently select the fullback (when you&#39;d rather the computer controlled him), and the times you want to select the fullback but get some other defender. Would also be handy for kick returns/kick return positioning/forty twenty defense if you could select the fullback without fail.

umosay
04-06-04, 12:39 PM
in terms of cameras i would like to see a broadcast view and different goal kicking
views

stadiums i would like to see: waikato stadium, north harbour stadium, jade stadium and gosford

St Helens RLFC
05-06-04, 12:58 AM
No need to mention it really, but I will anyway.

All Super League stadiums please. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Boy
05-06-04, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@May 27 2004, 12:32 PM
And player likeness for the Super Leauge. Robbie Paul and Tony Martin are too black.
And Mark Calderwood&#39;s white! I know the sun doesn&#39;t shine much in Leeds, but still...

wigan_rlfc
05-06-04, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Boy+Jun 5 2004, 11:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Jun 5 2004, 11:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..@May 27 2004, 12:32 PM
And Mark Calderwood&#39;s white! I know the sun doesn&#39;t shine much in Leeds, but still... [/b]
And Quentin Pongia is as white as a sheet with red hair.

I struggle to see the players when they go over the Emblem on state of origin matches.

I would like all super league grounds.

Players positions, I don&#39;t know many Aussie players so this would be a great help.

Advantages from knock ons etc.

Injuries that don&#39;t stop the game in full flow.

Ripper
07-06-04, 07:41 AM
Do SL Fields have the numbers like the NRL?

wigan_rlfc
07-06-04, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 7 2004, 06:41 PM
Do SL Fields have the numbers like the NRL?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

wigan_rlfc
08-06-04, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@May 27 2004, 12:34 PM

SIDHE will have more time for this game, and because they listen to us, I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll get it right.
They must have based it on the time he had the darkest ever suntan.

Mario
08-06-04, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 9 2004, 12:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 9 2004, 12:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC@May 27 2004, 12:34 PM

They must have based it on the time he had the darkest ever suntan. [/b]
The SuperLeague licensing for RL did not allow us to include accurate likenesses as SuperLeague does not own the rights to player likenesses (unlike the NRL).

Most SuperLeague players were therefore only roughly matched to the generic hairstyles and skin tones with some players not matched at all due to a lack of photo reference.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
09-06-04, 04:00 AM
different running/passing styles eg.paleasina runs like an animal and seuseu passes like hes got sumthing up his.... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-06-04, 03:54 AM
different step variations eg.fitlers step and benji marshalls super touch steps

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-06-04, 04:01 AM
u should be able to offload/pass from a formed tackle at anytime.players with more higher rating in offloads should get about a70%chance of gettin the offload out and players with lower ratings in offloading should knock the ball-on or even lose or drop the ball to ground

different step variation-eg.fitlers left/right step and benji marshalls krazy steps.

banana kick

team ratings and stats

campaign or franchise mode similar too madden....please http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

-JJ-
14-06-04, 05:05 AM
My ideal season type mode:

Select up to 1 National, 1 NRL or Superleague, and 1 SOO team. You could only choose one if you want.

Play through year after year, and when your different teams become involved, you take over them. Squad selection should be allowed for National and SOO teams, ie if you pick New Zealand, you will be able to pick any body eligible for NZ playing pro league.

Injuries, suspensions, form etc a must, and to be carried through the different teams. eg A.Johns becomes injured, misses all Newcastle and rep games until he is uninjured.

Oppurtunity to buy and release players, but not overdone. Retirements - maybe, but I don&#39;t really like having randomly generated young people coming into my team, or having to scout. Personally, I would leave Retirements and young players out of it - unless you create them yourself (sign them for any amount, but if their stats are high they will get better offers).

So, I pick the Warriors, New Zealand and NSW. Have some randomly generated pre-season games with Warriors, then carry on into 2004 season. ANZAC day test with New Zealand, then back to Warriors. Play through SOO, going back to Warriors at weekends.

I give Sidhe full permission to use this idea, on the condition that when I get a degree of some sort (1 1/2 years+how ever long a decent sort of computing qualification), you&#39;ll hire me at Sidhe. Go on, I know you want to. Make a union game too, with a similar concept.

St Helens RLFC
14-06-04, 04:29 PM
And if it&#39;s realistic, the Warriors will be the worst team in the NRL http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

NZL Fan
14-06-04, 09:44 PM
and STILL be better then St Helens............... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

St Helens RLFC
14-06-04, 09:49 PM
Yeah, right. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

I&#39;d believe in Saints to beat any team in the world at the moment.

Anyway, Mario - one thing to mention, though it probably has been already, is left footed kickers please.

wigan_rlfc
14-06-04, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 15 2004, 08:49 AM
Yeah, right. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

I&#39;d believe in Saints to beat any team in the world at the moment.

Anyway, Mario - one thing to mention, though it probably has been already, is left footed kickers please.
saints are the big game team. They are, however, not consistent enough throughout a season

St Helens RLFC
15-06-04, 06:35 PM
Which is why we&#39;re second in the league with a game in hand, having only lost two games all season. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Another thing Mario should note is the referee. The ref was probably the best you&#39;ll see in a video game - pulling people over for a chat etc. However, what was NOT made clear was sin binnings/red cards. If you listening long enough, it became clear, and was generally a sin binning anyway, but things would be made easier if you could clearly see the colour of the card, and Andrew Voss didn&#39;t say "..and the ref has sent him off" if there&#39;s been a sin binning.

reyalpevlewtrepus
16-06-04, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jun 14 2004, 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jun 14 2004, 02:54 PM)</div>
different step variations eg.fitlers step and benji marshalls super touch steps[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 14 2004, 03:01 PM
different step variation-eg.fitlers left/right step and benji marshalls krazy steps.

I think we can get the point http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Btw, Mario, I think you should have some more side-step variations like Fittlers and Benji Marshalls http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

NZL Fan
16-06-04, 06:01 AM
Just more on what St Helens was saying...........

Because you tend to skip the whole "send off" animation after a while, at present you are not told exactly what has occured if you do so (yellow?,red??, warning).........need to have a caption come up on the bottom of the screen clarifying what has occured, regardless if you have skipped the referee animation or not. In fact miss out the beginning of the send off animation (the calling over of the player) and instead just have the card being shown and the player reaction - would speed the whole process up..........

ie. HIGH TACKLE: BRAD FITTLER SINBINNED FOR 10 MINUTES.

Also I prefer a "realtime" clock (80 minutes + injury time) rather then a "gameplay time" clock (if that makes any sense to you lot.........).

Advantage is a must if the ball is knocked on and the opposition gain possesion of the ball. Would allow the game to flow better.

And forward passes should not be random events but actual player mistakes due to mistiming the pass (like offside is in soccer video games) ie. a pass to a runner cutting back on the inside is pressed too late, resulting in the runner receiving the ball after he has gone past the passing player - forward pass.

In fact have different referees, some more lenient/useless then others, the less able ones missing more forward passes, knockons etc. Others are more &#39;whistle happy".

-JJ-
16-06-04, 09:14 AM
I thought in the NRL there are no cards.. And as it is mainly built around NRL it makes sense. ie if the ref has 10 fingers up, it&#39;s a sin bin, if he&#39;s pointing to the sideline, its a send off.

I like the ideas of different refs with different stats aswell, even if they did all have the same voice.

wigan_rlfc
16-06-04, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 16 2004, 05:01 PM
Also I prefer a "realtime" clock (80 minutes + injury time) rather then a "gameplay time" clock (if that makes any sense to you lot.........).
Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn&#39;t exist in league.

NZL Fan
17-06-04, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Jun 16 2004, 05:01 PM
Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn&#39;t exist in league. [/b]
True........

Still prefer "real time" then "game length time" though..........

Ripper
17-06-04, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM)</div>

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM
Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn&#39;t exist in league.
True........

Still prefer "real time" then "game length time" though.......... [/b]
You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul &#39;&#39;One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...&#39;&#39;

Wally
17-06-04, 07:35 AM
I don&#39;t think he was knocking anyone. Just telling him that there was no injury time in league.

Serge
17-06-04, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 17 2004, 03:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 17 2004, 03:52 PM)</div>

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul &#39;&#39;One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...&#39;&#39; [/b]
its always great bringing back one of the stupidest statements ive ever heard.

St Helens RLFC
17-06-04, 07:22 PM
Now if he&#39;d have said "one of the greatest league players of all time" it would be a different story.

wigan_rlfc
17-06-04, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM)</div>

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul &#39;&#39;One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...&#39;&#39; [/b]
Well at least I don&#39;t like Union.

NZL Fan
18-06-04, 03:00 AM
Don&#39;t worry - it was just a slight slip of the tongue............yes I was aware there is no injury time in league, but everytime I think about improvements for SJRL I&#39;m pretty much thinking about whats in pro evolution 3 - hence writing "+ injury time" by error......

I actually originally put " 90 minutes + injury time" before changing it........... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Ripper
18-06-04, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul &#39;&#39;One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...&#39;&#39;
Well at least I don&#39;t like Union. [/b]
Dip****...

If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board

St Helens RLFC
18-06-04, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 18 2004, 04:35 PM
If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board
"The RUGBY Forum"

As much as you can&#39;t accept it, there are, and always will be, two codes.

wigan_rlfc
18-06-04, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 18 2004, 05:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 18 2004, 05:35 AM)</div>

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM

True........

Well at least I don&#39;t like Union.
Dip****...

If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board [/b]
The rugby forum. No mention of Union there.

I may have said somewhere that you are an idiot but I didn&#39;t say all Union fans were idiots.

Ripper
18-06-04, 09:46 PM
Which is why theres 8 Union Forums to Leagues 1...

Which is why theres preety much only 2 major League fans (Major league fans are what I classify as people like the Nutters from LU - Theyve got nothing better too do with their sad pathetic lives then watch Union all day and bitch about how boring it is and crow on about every advantage (both bull**** and real) League has)

St Helens RLFC
18-06-04, 11:09 PM
Are you suggesting that me and Rob are like people from LU?

wigan_rlfc
18-06-04, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 18 2004, 11:09 PM
Are you suggesting that me and Rob are like people from LU?
I don&#39;t go on LU.

I couldn&#39;t register properly. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

And Ripper, I don&#39;t watch Union to bitch about it. I try to avoid Union.

Ripper
19-06-04, 12:56 AM
Your doing a preety **** job then...

St Helens RLFC
19-06-04, 01:01 AM
It&#39;s quite easy now the season has finished; only one more England game to laugh at and then that&#39;s over and done with, almost.

Ripper
19-06-04, 03:50 AM
2 more England games...

St Helens RLFC
19-06-04, 01:15 PM
One more England game... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

St Helens RLFC
19-06-04, 01:17 PM
So Mario, are there any official announcements from SIDHE round the corner?

Mario
20-06-04, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 20 2004, 12:17 AM
So Mario, are there any official announcements from SIDHE round the corner?
I don&#39;t expect any official announcements in the near future unfortunately, though technically that doesn&#39;t mean there isn&#39;t anything happening.

As soon as there is an announcement of any sort I will be sure to post the news here and on other forums.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

St Helens RLFC
20-06-04, 01:54 AM
Good to hear that some things are going on.

Can you give us any indication as to how successful the first game was? Did it match/beat targets and expectations? Did it make the sort of money you hoped it would? etc

Mario
20-06-04, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 20 2004, 12:54 PM
Can you give us any indication as to how successful the first game was? Did it match/beat targets and expectations? Did it make the sort of money you hoped it would? etc
Sales for the game exceeded our expectations.

The exercise wasn&#39;t hugely profitable though - its very hard to turn a large profit in the videogame industry these days, especially in a new niche sports franchise.

NZL Fan
07-07-04, 12:12 AM
Mario: Pulled out the game after a long time away from it, and found it again to be pretty entertaining, however after the first few games the bugs start to again grate a little too much (especially when it starts to cost you games) and disappointed I consign it to the shelf again......I won&#39;t go on about those problems though (I&#39;ve already made my points earlier in this thread)......

However I was playing superleague (I don&#39;t play that comp very often) and I noticed there is a player in one of those teams with 0 stats for everything!!!!!!! (can&#39;t quite remember, maybe Saint Helens......)

Surely this should have been picked up by someone in the development team!!!!!.....

St Helens RLFC
07-07-04, 01:30 AM
I&#39;ll have a look but it isn&#39;t a Saint...

umosay
07-07-04, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 7 2004, 11:12 AM
However I was playing superleague (I don&#39;t play that comp very often) and I noticed there is a player in one of those teams with 0 stats for everything!!!!!!! (can&#39;t quite remember, maybe Saint Helens......)

Surely this should have been picked up by someone in the development team!!!!!.....
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif or maybe that guy just really really sucks?

incredible_holc
07-07-04, 03:45 AM
knowing the esl that is a possibility umo http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

wigan_rlfc
07-07-04, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 7 2004, 12:12 AM

Sean Long?

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-07-04, 01:25 AM
mini camp,better graphics...limited headhighs or sendoffs different tackle animations...make the computer use the interchange...plyer fatigue..props will get more tired...maybe have a health bar/fatigue bar...better kicking game....make the wingers and fullback smarter....coz i can get easy as 40/20s...

St Helens RLFC
10-07-04, 01:20 PM
Another thing about 40/20&#39;s.... As good as the kicking system is, I feel it&#39;s a bit too easy for the lesser rated players to smack a wonderful 40/20.

NZL Fan
11-07-04, 09:50 PM
Having mucked around with the stats of players I find the game actually plays ALOT better when individuals aggression ratings are lowered, and things like handling, catching etc are increased.......... (by the way a must for the next version is the ability to change existing players stats on the PS2 - even if it is an unlockable - so that we don&#39;t have to piddle about creating the same player ourselves in order for that player to have the stats we want).

When you think about it a person with a high aggression rating should never be around 8 out of 10 etc. High would be more like 4 out of ten. by lowering the aggression stats you get around one high shot a game which is far more realistic then the current settings.

Same with basic play stats like passing. Professional league players would never have passing, catching stats lower then say 7 (if they did then the shouldn&#39;t be playing!!!). Raising these stats improves the flow of attacking play, not so many dropped balls and "throw anywhere" passes. This is offset by having higher tackling stats across the board - again no player should be lower then say 6 in tackling.

With speed/acceleration, the acceleration rating should nearly always be higher, and by doing this the running becomes far more realistic, and gives defenders the chance to catch players from behind (apart from the real speedsters).

Lastly break tackle ability should be higher for forwards, lower for backs - with backs generally having higher agility ratings, and ball playing forwards better off loading skills. It is silly the way the developers have Stacey Jones for instance with a high break tackle rating, as it leads to Jones being able to run over the top of some of the big forwards in the game. By changing the stats forwards are more effective in busting the line, taking the ball forward, and offloading to the quicker players as once they have broken the line they generally don&#39;t have the speed to get all the way to the try line (as they should). Gone are the &#39; Webcke running 40mtrs for a try with the fullback unable to catch him" problems.

The makers of the game need to look hard at the stats they have allocated to each player, for they are poorly thought out in this version, and make the game play worse then it should. A MUST for the next version is for more stats, and a greater range to spread those stats (minimum of 20).

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
21-07-04, 05:03 AM
FIGHTS....LIKE ICE HOCKEY...."BRING BACK THE BIFF!"....-Reg Regan.

GOIN GET STUFFED!!!!..... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

21-07-04, 06:29 AM
The game wont have fights.

wigan_rlfc
21-07-04, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 21 2004, 06:29 AM
The game wont have fights.
It would be very unrealistic if a Wigan vs Saints match didn&#39;t have at least one big fight or mass Brawl. I need to find a video of this year&#39;s good friday match http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

St Helens RLFC
21-07-04, 05:33 PM
Fantastic brawl that. Started, of course, by Cheap Shot Terry Newton, who proceeded to cheap shot his way through the fight (with a bit of help from his friends.) Best fight I&#39;ve seen for years, what a shame Scully and Farrell didn&#39;t get hold of each other...

I&#39;d like to see holding down at the tackle on the next game myself. And I mean Rugby League, not the next Saints vs Goons game!

Ripper
21-07-04, 09:18 PM
the NRL wants to clean up its image so I doubt they&#39;ll allow fights

St Helens RLFC
21-07-04, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 22 2004, 08:18 AM
the NRL wants to clean up its image so I doubt they&#39;ll allow fights
Agreed.

wigan_rlfc
22-07-04, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 21 2004, 05:33 PM
Fantastic brawl that. Started, of course, by Cheap Shot Terry Newton, who proceeded to cheap shot his way through the fight (with a bit of help from his friends.) Best fight I&#39;ve seen for years, what a shame Scully and Farrell didn&#39;t get hold of each other...

I&#39;d like to see holding down at the tackle on the next game myself. And I mean Rugby League, not the next Saints vs Goons game!
Is it on the net anywhere?

St Helens RLFC
22-07-04, 03:26 PM
I dare say it will be somewhere; wouldn&#39;t know where to look though. Would be of interest in the Southern Hemisphere though - watch Terry Newton run a mile as Dom Feaunati runs half the field to help his team mate out, and gives that coward Steven Wild a facelift, Samoan style!

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
23-07-04, 12:05 AM
what do you mean???...samoan style???...facelifts???...u wouldnt want a samoan plastic surgeon operating on ya http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

i think there should be scuffles of some sort in league in the intense games it does get a little heated....proberly a small cutscene during the game where two players are collaring one another and the whole team runs down...thats it...realistic cutscenes

sanzar
23-07-04, 08:12 AM
This is all very well and good, but at present all this speculation doesn&#39;t really seem to be doing us much good does it? It&#39;s already over half way through the year and there has been nothing said officially about an NRL sequel... and considering it&#39;s long standing postion in the top 5 alot of us were expecting some sort of word by march... I mean has ANYTHING been done yet? because if they&#39;re still yet to get anything in writing then we probably won&#39;t see a sequel till the finals series of 2006!
I don&#39;t mean to sound cynical, but mario seems to be gagged and there&#39;s just no info out there!

St Helens RLFC
23-07-04, 03:25 PM
I remember asking Mario a while back and he said that should any sequel arrive it would be in 2005 regardless mate. But I agree, bit quiet on the horizon.

NZL Fan
11-08-04, 10:27 PM
Homework for Mario...............

1.Check out the vids, screenshots, option ideas, comments that are now availiable of the newly released WE8 (Jap version of Pro Evolution soccer 4), then in the next few months buy Pro evolution soccer 4 when it is released.

2.Play PES4.

3. Repeat point 2 continually (no chore at all).

4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........

Mario
12-08-04, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 12 2004, 09:27 AM
1.Check out the vids, screenshots, option ideas, comments that are now availiable of the newly released WE8 (Jap version of Pro Evolution soccer 4), then in the next few months buy Pro evolution soccer 4 when it is released.

The team have been reading previews, reviews, and looking at screenshots and movies for months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
2.Play PES4.[/b]

We have a copy of every major sports franchise in the office, so we will of course be purchasing and playing PES4.

4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........[/b]

Well, the approach we would take would be to take the best bits from a range of successful games including PES4, avoid the bits from bad games, as well as adding a touch of our own innovation. There are a lot of ideas put forward in other games, by RL fans on various forums, and that we have ourselves.

As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait.

kaftka
12-08-04, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait.
Well then. That sounds good http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

kaftka
12-08-04, 07:08 AM
Hey Mario, any chance of including us in your game as players? (re; WCR2) http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

gjohn85
12-08-04, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Mario, any chance of including us in your game as players? (re; WCR2) http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif
Yeah, &#39;PICK ME, PICK ME&#39; please? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Mario
12-08-04, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Its possible we may do something similar for a possible sequel, but I couldn&#39;t really speculate on that at the moment.

sanzar
12-08-04, 12:50 PM
maybe you should throw us under a mountain put a buddhist satra ubove our heads and say "learn patients monkey!.... errrr people!"

If you have no idea of what i was rattling on about feel free to ignore me http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

sanzar
12-08-04, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Aug 12 2004, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Aug 12 2004, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
Well then. That sounds good http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif [/b]
It does doesn&#39;t it!

gjohn85
12-08-04, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM)</div>

maybe you should throw us under a mountain put a buddhist satra ubove our heads and say "learn patients monkey!.... errrr people!"

If you have no idea of what i was rattling on about feel free to ignore me http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif [/b]
Yeah what on earth are you rattling on about?? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

sanzar
12-08-04, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85+Aug 12 2004, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Aug 12 2004, 11:56 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM

If you have no idea of what i was rattling on about feel free to ignore me http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
Yeah what on earth are you rattling on about?? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif [/b]
ever see &#39;monkey magic&#39; as a kid?

gjohn85
12-08-04, 03:16 PM
What??

....Nurse!! We got one who hasn&#39;t taken his medication yet!!

sanzar
12-08-04, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 13 2004, 02:16 AM
What??

....Nurse!! We got one who hasn&#39;t taken his medication yet!!
I see your one who is unfamiliar with the ways of "monkey!"

gjohn85
12-08-04, 06:19 PM
Yes mate, i&#39;m surely are unfamiliar with the ways of the monkey!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

NZL Fan
12-08-04, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan@Aug 12 2004, 09:27 AM

The team have been reading previews, reviews, and looking at screenshots and movies for months.

2.Play PES4.[/b]

We have a copy of every major sports franchise in the office, so we will of course be purchasing and playing PES4.

4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........[/b]

Well, the approach we would take would be to take the best bits from a range of successful games including PES4, avoid the bits from bad games, as well as adding a touch of our own innovation. There are a lot of ideas put forward in other games, by RL fans on various forums, and that we have ourselves.

As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait. [/b]
Nice to hear Mario...................

The PES series has always been at the forefront of the top sports games, and for me if the sequel to SJRL had some of the things that make that series great then you&#39;d be well on the right track...........

Especially talking about player options, form ratings (so you actually might change your best starting lineup before the game), and the superb gameplay (especially the little things like how certain players do things (signature moves),cut scenes not interferring with the flow of the game, game celebrations, off the ball reactions etc).

Really impressed by your first effort, looking forward to the second.........by the way be like the rest of us - you CAN chuck away rugby 2004 (might free up some space in your game libary)................

PS. Please fix the team editor in the next one ie. I should be able to highlight the two players I want to "swap" (like the selection screen) and then they change spots. At the moment you can only deselect one, then add the other who then goes to the bottom of the team list (very annoying)..........

sanzar
13-08-04, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 13 2004, 08:38 AM
by the way be like the rest of us - you CAN chuck away rugby 2004 (might free up some space in your game libary)................
Actually I think rugby 2004 has some ideas that would be good in a game with good flow and gameplay... for instance the options for short passing to forwards (could be used for &#39;hit ups&#39; in league) or running directly from scrum half (left or right, but from dummy half in RL) would be useful additions to the next league game...

Wally
13-08-04, 07:47 AM
Saw it last term in music class. It&#39;s quite whack.

St Helens RLFC
14-08-04, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Wally@Aug 13 2004, 06:47 PM
Saw it last term in music class. It&#39;s quite whack.
And in English please? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

shiznit
17-08-04, 04:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
2.Play PES4.

[/b][/quote]
dude,
i want your job!!

kaftka
30-08-04, 07:20 AM
C&#39;mon mario.
Anything happening?
Rugby League was one of my favourite games of last year. (which is saying quite a bit as I am usually not a big fan of league)
Just say something new. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Mario
30-08-04, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 30 2004, 06:20 PM
C&#39;mon mario.
Anything happening?

Maybe.

Rugby League was one of my favourite games of last year. (which is saying quite a bit as I am usually not a big fan of league)
Just say something new. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/b]

Its unlikely that you will hear anything about a possible sequel to Rugby League until next year.

gjohn85
30-08-04, 03:49 PM
Nice reply Mario http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif,

It still keeps us guessing http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

U got to post a Christmas Day message as a present for us loyal fans??

Please??

sanzar
04-09-04, 01:55 AM
To be honest, I won&#39;t mind waiting another year if it means mario and his crew are making a sequel that absolutely ****s all over their first game... I&#39;m guessing this is the case to, they don&#39;t wont to build it up or tell anyone much so people will be even more impressed when it finally comes out!
At least thats what I&#39;m hoping. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

St Helens RLFC
04-09-04, 05:53 AM
Fully agreed Sanzar - good things take a long time.

gjohn85
04-09-04, 09:40 AM
grolsh......never rushed!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Serge
04-09-04, 03:08 PM
I doubt my attention span will hold out to next year.

sanzar
09-09-04, 03:57 PM
I don&#39;t know about a sequel, but I just traded my XBOX version of NRL in for the PC one (new graphics card) and downloaded a couple season 2004 patches and play tweeks (which does things like decreese offloades etc) and it has really given this game a new lease of life! It has all the updated rosters and comps and all the jersey&#39;s are more high res and accurate! And with the play tweeks there are far less continuous offloads and impossible tackles... It&#39;s really given the game a new lease of life and may well keep me going untill NRL 2 is announced!
So yeah it&#39;s quite a big improvement so if you have a good PC you might want to trade in your PS2/XBOX version (assuming you don&#39;t have the PC version already).

gjohn85
09-09-04, 09:51 PM
Nice one Sanzar!!

I might just do that!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

PC NRL here i come!!!!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

wigan_rlfc
09-09-04, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 9 2004, 03:57 PM
I don&#39;t know about a sequel, but I just traded my XBOX version of NRL in for the PC one (new graphics card) and downloaded a couple season 2004 patches and play tweeks (which does things like decreese offloades etc) and it has really given this game a new lease of life! It has all the updated rosters and comps and all the jersey&#39;s are more high res and accurate! And with the play tweeks there are far less continuous offloads and impossible tackles... It&#39;s really given the game a new lease of life and may well keep me going untill NRL 2 is announced!
So yeah it&#39;s quite a big improvement so if you have a good PC you might want to trade in your PS2/XBOX version (assuming you don&#39;t have the PC version already).
Has the Super League been updated?

sanzar
10-09-04, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Sep 10 2004, 09:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Sep 10 2004, 09:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Sep 9 2004, 03:57 PM
Has the Super League been updated? [/b]
I&#39;m not sure to be honest... I&#39;d say it has been though, you just have to look around a bit.

St Helens RLFC
10-09-04, 12:58 AM
There are plenty of patches Wigan Rob, on RLFans even.

sanzar
10-09-04, 05:57 AM
getting back to a sequel though, I don&#39;t know about you guys but I&#39;d love to have the options they give you from the ruck in Rugby 2004 to be done in the next league game for dummy-half... for example when you get tackled, immediately hold A and craig wing (I&#39;m a roosters man) bolts into dummy half and try&#39;s to do a quick pick up and dart past the markers... or hold Y and you pass the ball deep to you play marker who will automatically go for a kick (for 5th tackle)... holding B could have you dummy half throw a short pass to a forward on the burst for a hit up... maybe holding Y and B (or whichever buttons are used for droppies) could send your play maker deep and they would automatically start going for a droppy... holding X could be used to try and speed up your play-the-balls (but should add a risk of knock-on&#39;s) etc etc etc
you could have tonnes and tonnes of deapth added to the game by doing this sort of stuff in my opinion. I&#39;d absolutely love it!
What do you boys think?

St Helens RLFC
11-09-04, 02:39 AM
Nothing but good ideas there Sanzar. I particularly like the idea of dummy half coming over, and I definately like the short pass to the forwards. That was one thing that Rugby 2004 did very well, I have to say. The kickers dropping back is absolutely crucial as well.

Speeding up the play of the ball is a must for mine but definately at the risk of a knock on. My own personal suggestions are:

- Holding down at the play of the ball

- No more "deliberate" forward passes

- A few set moves from a scrum, but only a few.

I&#39;ll keep them coming...

sanzar
11-09-04, 03:39 AM
f*** I hope mario and his crew can put this sort of stuff into the next game!!! We really need more variation from dummy-half and better control of the players movement.... Thats actually something I can say was probably more realistic in Rugby 2004, they way players moved was still shocking in that game but they didn&#39;t do massive loops and super-human stuff like that you if you changed directiion too quickly.

wigan_rlfc
11-09-04, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 10 2004, 12:58 AM
There are plenty of patches Wigan Rob, on RLFans even.
I don&#39;t have it on PC anyway.

Dave
12-09-04, 01:54 PM
Hey Mario,

Is there going to be a sequal to the League game, based on the news that EA Sports is busting its budget for their new Rugby game due in the future?

Mario
12-09-04, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 13 2004, 12:54 AM
Is there going to be a sequal to the League game, based on the news that EA Sports is busting its budget for their new Rugby game due in the future?
I&#39;m unlikely to have any news on a possible sequel to Rugby League before January, sorry.

gjohn85
12-09-04, 02:52 PM
It seems to be that your taking your time in making a possible sequal, which is a great thing!

P.S. Have you got a name for your blue creature from Sidhe (thats your avatar)?

He looks a bit like you, so I would call him &#39;Mario Junior&#39; http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
(I hope you don&#39;t take this personally, Mario http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif )

Mario
12-09-04, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85@Sep 13 2004, 01:52 AM
It seems to be that your taking your time in making a possible sequal, which is a great thing!

Well, in making a sequel there would be a lot and a lot that we would want to improve and add, so it would take some time.

P.S. Have you got a name for your blue creature from Sidhe (thats your avatar)?[/b]

His official name is Sid (which is probably confusing seeing as Sidhe is pronounced &#39;she&#39;).

He looks a bit like you, so I would call him &#39;Mario Junior&#39; http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
(I hope you don&#39;t take this personally, Mario http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif )[/b]

Sometimes when I look at him I swear its like looking into a mirror http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

gjohn85
12-09-04, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mario@Sep 13 2004, 02:10 AM
Well, in making a sequel there would be a lot and a lot that we would want to improve and add, so it would take some time.
Considering how good the game was, I didn&#39;t think that it needs alot to improve for the sequal http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

So if this sequal proves to be another success, will it be an annual game??

sanzar
13-09-04, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by gjohn85+Sep 13 2004, 02:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Sep 13 2004, 02:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Sep 13 2004, 02:10 AM
Considering how good the game was, I didn&#39;t think that it needs alot to improve for the sequal http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
[/b]
It was a great game all things considered, but it seriously lacked deapth in alot of area&#39;s and also had very dodgy animations for lots of things (apart from tackling)... So yeah, there is still ALOT of room for improvement IMO.

shiznit
13-09-04, 03:35 AM
hey mario,
i know a sequal is yet to be confimred but could you answer a few questions of mine as best you can.

if a sequal were to go ahead would you be making a new game engine with motion captured players?

and will you be able to play a multiplayer season or franchise? (as personally i think it would add longetivity to the game)

ak47
13-09-04, 03:39 AM
Its obvious the foundations of getting a sequel teed up arent in place.

ie funding, agreements, and liscences etc

Coz anyword on improvements would be influenced by the budget.

Considering WCR and EA Rugby have announced sequels already - suggests this game NRL2 is at best going to be based on the 2006 season.
Unless of course it comes out around 2005 Christmas and uses old rosters, rules, etc.

IMO NRL2 isnt part of sidhe&#39;s #1 priority right now....otherwise a sequel should have been announced by now, considering feedback suggests NRL was a great success.

kaftka
13-09-04, 05:09 AM
Off topic a bit, but, what is the thing you are working on for psp, or when will you be announcing it?

Mario
13-09-04, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by gjohn85+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85)</div>
So if this sequal proves to be another success, will it be an annual game??[/b]

I&#39;m not sure the market would support a new version every year. It would really depend on sales of the sequel, and how close we are to the next generation of consoles when a sequel comes out.

Originally posted by shiznit+Sep 13 2004, 02:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiznit @ Sep 13 2004, 02:35 PM)</div>
if a sequal were to go ahead would you be making a new game engine with motion captured players?[/b]

Our engine can already handle motion captured animation. The issue for a Rugby League sequel would be a question of cost and making sure the use of motion capture data didn&#39;t hamper gameplay responsiveness.

and will you be able to play a multiplayer season or franchise? (as personally i think it would add longetivity to the game)[/b]

That has been suggested by several people and would be considered in the design. At a minimum, there would be a single player franchise mode in a sequel which would add a lot more depth to the game.

<!--QuoteBegin-ak47@
IMO NRL2 isnt part of sidhe&#39;s #1 priority right now....otherwise a sequel should have been announced by now, considering feedback suggests NRL was a great success.

Possibly. Possibly not. Might have more to say on the subject in January.

<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
Off topic a bit, but, what is the thing you are working on for psp, or when will you be announcing it?

Can&#39;t really say right now, but we might be announcing it before the end of the year. Its not a sports game in any case.

kaftka
13-09-04, 06:27 AM
Oh yeah, mario, I never got round to tellin you this, but, give all your guys a huge pat on the back and a pretty big cookie for makin the animations look so damn good without any motion capture.
The animations in SJRL are superior to that of Rugby 2k4 AND WCR imo.
Well done.

gjohn85
13-09-04, 11:21 AM
Well said Kaftka,

I have re-installed rugby league on the PC & really enjoying it again http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

I also just found some cheats & I love the Mech Warrior cheat!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Ripper
16-09-04, 09:30 AM
Question for Mario.

Would you streak nude through an All Blacks test to get Madden 2005&#39;s budget?

kaftka
16-09-04, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 16 2004, 08:30 PM
Question for Mario.

Would you streak nude through an All Blacks test to get Madden 2005&#39;s budget?
What a stupid question.

Of course he would http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Dave
16-09-04, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 16 2004, 08:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 16 2004, 08:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper@Sep 16 2004, 08:30 PM
Question for Mario.

What a stupid question.

Of course he would http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif [/b]
Hey might finally deliver a half decent game rather than one thats filled with so many things that proove they dont know anything about the rules. Its a terrible game to be honest, I wouldn&#39;t ever play it again, its punishment.
Can someone remind me when they saw a penalty given for a forward pass in the NRL?

kaftka
16-09-04, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dave+Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM)</div>

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2004, 08:32 PM
Question for Mario.

What a stupid question.

Of course he would http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif
Hey might finally deliver a half decent game rather than one thats filled with so many things that proove they dont know anything about the rules. Its a terrible game to be honest, I wouldn&#39;t ever play it again, its punishment.
Can someone remind me when they saw a penalty given for a forward pass in the NRL? [/b]
Holy **** are you serious?
It&#39;s the best Rugby game, both codes, that has come out since JLR by a big margin.
AND it was their first attempt which is an incredible effort.

Dave
16-09-04, 11:22 AM
I dont believe in the first game excuse.
They are entering a professional market and if they cant match it, then they should not make anymore games. Can you imagine some new gamer coming out with a new below par game competing with Doom3?
I think their first attempts shows that it should be their last one, the NRL deserves better than that.

St Helens RLFC
16-09-04, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
It most certainly, definately is an excuse! First of all, I think you&#39;ve gone way overboard in your criticism of the game but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion. Yes there are some bad flaws, yes there are some downright irritating flaws, but this is the first time these guys have put a game together on a small budget and I think they did a grand job.

I&#39;m pretty sure there will be a sequel, and if there is, you can guarantee SIDHE will learn from their mistakes, and find out how they can improve. Why? Because they listen to US!

sanzar
16-09-04, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
They are entering a professional market and if they cant match it, then they should not make anymore games. Can you imagine some new gamer coming out with a new below par game competing with Doom3?
I think their first attempts shows that it should be their last one, the NRL deserves better than that.
Thats the most ridiculous argument I&#39;ve ever heard! Here you are on the Rugby 2005 getting all exited about the new HB rugby game when their first attempt was the greatest ever insult to rugby fans on record! playing Rugby 2004 felt like you were beta testing a game about 60% complete!
SJRL **** all over Rugby 2004 and was better than in almost all departments!
Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws...

Dave
17-09-04, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
Thats the most ridiculous argument I&#39;ve ever heard! Here you are on the Rugby 2005 getting all exited about the new HB rugby game when their first attempt was the greatest ever insult to rugby fans on record! playing Rugby 2004 felt like you were beta testing a game about 60% complete!
Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws... [/b]
Rugby 2004 was crap, and I never said Rugby 2004 was any good - find me a post that backs up your arguement.
Rugby 2005 - from what I have seen thus far is 10X better than SJRL, graphics wise as for gameplay thats another story. The person who intiates Rugby 2005 development has been promoted to EASports USA, and from there they are planning to use the NFL based engine - or so they claim.
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.

Mario
17-09-04, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.
Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up.

ak47
17-09-04, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Dave+Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM)</div>

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2004, 08:32 PM
Question for Mario.

What a stupid question.

Can someone remind me when they saw a penalty given for a forward pass in the NRL? [/b]
I agree

I havent played the patched version

But the shelve version for PS2 is ****

its crap

its better than Rugb 2k4, but its got nothing on WCR.

Half the rules are wrong......there&#39;s tonnes of glitches etc etc
The rosters arent up to date, not even at release.
The best thing going for the game is that its league, tackle animations & commentary
everything else is below par

Getting half the rules/basics wrong is no excuse
forward pass = penalty
no golden pt
over black dot = missed kick
interchange

as i said i havent played the patched version and cant have fun with the shelf version with the above mentioned flaws in the game

P.S Games should NOT require patches based on rules and glitches - if they do, the game is incomplete and should not be manufactured until its all ironed out.

kaftka
17-09-04, 05:39 AM
**** Dave, if you think that SIDHE shouldn&#39;t get another go at RL, why are you so excited about Rugby2k5?
Surely, by your logic (or lack of), HB studios deserve less of another go than Sidhe?
I haven&#39;t played the ps2 version of SJRL but I&#39;ve played the xbox version which is good arcadey fun.
Heaps more fun than WCR.
And what do you mean about missing over the black dot?
I&#39;ve never had that problem.

-JJ-
17-09-04, 05:53 AM
I like SJ Rugby League quite a lot, but maybe that is because I am not a hard core leaguey, and can overlook some of the problems.

ak47
17-09-04, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 17 2004, 04:39 PM
**** Dave, if you think that SIDHE shouldn&#39;t get another go at RL, why are you so excited about Rugby2k5?
Surely, by your logic (or lack of), HB studios deserve less of another go than Sidhe?
I haven&#39;t played the ps2 version of SJRL but I&#39;ve played the xbox version which is good arcadey fun.
Heaps more fun than WCR.
And what do you mean about missing over the black dot?
I&#39;ve never had that problem.
it is a known problem (for ps2 versions anyway) that sometime when kicking for goal, if it goes right in line with the black dot it is ruled unsuccesful

what i mean by &#39;in line with black dot&#39; - kicked right over the black dot, not over any white part of cross bar.

ie if u kick it too accurate it misses

on the ps2 ur ideal line to kick goals isnt straight thru the middle as it may be ruled unsuccessful

maybe Mario can explain it better!

Dave
17-09-04, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM
Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up. [/b]
I&#39;ve got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again.
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Wonderful game isnt it.

Mario
17-09-04, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM
Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up.
I&#39;ve got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again. [/b]

I suggest you go and look at that video again, Dave. I have never used the phrase "this is the game to end all games" to describe any of our products including Rugby League.

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it* Wonderful game isnt it.

Whatever Dave http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

umosay
17-09-04, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM)</div>

I&#39;ve got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again.
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Wonderful game isnt it. [/b]
They do play it for a living you know (real league)... since when were the warriors big gamers and that is no way to judge a game.

Dave
17-09-04, 01:09 PM
Some of the boys do play PS2 just before the game, its mainly WWF and other related stuff.
You would think the person who the games named after would remotely care about the product..
Mario that is my last comment on your game, I am not here to start an arguement, nor am I pro any company, I equally feel HB are rubbish and thats best left for another thread.
For me Rugby League needed to do research on the basic element the rules and thats not including gameplay and not difficult to put in.
This is my last comment in this thread about the game.

locksley
17-09-04, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM
Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws...
Rugby 2004 was crap, and I never said Rugby 2004 was any good - find me a post that backs up your arguement.
Rugby 2005 - from what I have seen thus far is 10X better than SJRL, graphics wise as for gameplay thats another story. The person who intiates Rugby 2005 development has been promoted to EASports USA, and from there they are planning to use the NFL based engine - or so they claim.
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.[/b]
What exactly have you "Seen" from this game? Screenshots? Movies? what?

sanzar
17-09-04, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by locksley+Sep 18 2004, 01:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Sep 18 2004, 01:00 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM
What exactly have you "Seen" from this game? Screenshots? Movies? what? [/b]
He&#39;s nothing but a f***stick mate, he doesn&#39;t have a clue, don&#39;t even bother with him...

gjohn85
17-09-04, 05:01 PM
Yeah, ignore him!!

it&#39;ll be locks, with the first pics, movies & news http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

NZL Fan
18-09-04, 11:32 PM

One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Wonderful game isnt it. [/b]
What do the Warriors know about league????????????

-JJ-
18-09-04, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Sep 19 2004, 10:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Sep 19 2004, 10:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave@Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM

One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif* Wonderful game isnt it.
What do the Warriors know about league???????????? [/b]
Ahaha, nice. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

sanzar
19-09-04, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 18 2004, 12:09 AM
Some of the boys do play PS2 just before the game, its mainly WWF and other related stuff.
You would think the person who the games named after would remotely care about the product..
Mario that is my last comment on your game, I am not here to start an arguement, nor am I pro any company, I equally feel HB are rubbish and thats best left for another thread.
The one thing I don&#39;t understand here is this ******** dave goes on about his "special relationship" with Andrew Wilson and how great Rugby 2005 is going to be, all the while acknoledging how bad and disgusting Rugby 2004 was... Then he has the balls to come on here and critisise SJRL, has a go at Mario and then makes up some tosser story about how he&#39;s best mates with Stacey Jones and the warriors (who are **** and know f*** all about RL) and somehow believes that makes him right! He even has to audacity to say that Sidhe shouldn&#39;t be aloud to make a sequel because the first game was so bad, completely disregarding the fact that he&#39;s wanking over Rugby 2005 and that his "personal friend" Andrew Wilson doesn&#39;t have the balls to come on these forums and see what the fans themselves have to say about HIS game!

Serge
19-09-04, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 19 2004, 12:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 19 2004, 12:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave@Sep 18 2004, 12:09 AM
The one thing I don&#39;t understand here is this ******** dave goes on about his "special relationship" with Andrew Wilson and how great Rugby 2005 is going to be, all the while acknoledging how bad and disgusting Rugby 2004 was... Then he has the balls to come on here and critisise SJRL, has a go at Mario and then makes up some tosser story about how he&#39;s best mates with Stacey Jones and the warriors (who are **** and know f*** all about RL) and somehow believes that makes him right! He even has to audacity to say that Sidhe shouldn&#39;t be aloud to make a sequel because the first game was so bad, completely disregarding the fact that he&#39;s wanking over Rugby 2005 and that his "personal friend" Andrew Wilson doesn&#39;t have the balls to come on these forums and see what the fans themselves have to say about HIS game! [/b]
Go have a cry about it. Gotta expect people like him.

sanzar
19-09-04, 02:48 AM
I don&#39;t mean to go on or anything, it&#39;s just that the bloke reaks of bull****.

shiznit
21-09-04, 05:46 AM
hahaha steady on sanzar!!
we all know dave&#39;s talking out of his arse!!
hes actually quite funny to have around, i always crack up when i see the stuff he post&#39;s!!
i bet if we added a thread about Osama Bin Laden, good old Dave would be telling us that there boys from way back and hes been E-mailing him. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

St Helens RLFC
21-09-04, 08:16 PM
This Dave seems somewhat notorious.........

neh
21-09-04, 09:57 PM
i think he thinks he knows more than ripper

Dave
22-09-04, 02:59 AM
Anyway guys,

I was only merely expressing my Opinion and I apologize if some of you people dont like my opinion. Like I said I dont favour Sidhe or EA Sports - And as much of you guys might know that my relationship began with EA Sports when we, from the official forums were so ****** off with Cricket 2002 that we decided to take the matter to the Commerce Commission, in any other circumstance Andrew would have never replied to me but he had to in that situation as it was a legal matter. I dont like EA Sports, in the past they have set aside low budgets and hire developers who can make both games for them like HB who dont specialize in any. They have got some Union players this time to help them with physics and gameplay they are not concerned with graphics for Rugby 2005.

On a final note, I would just like to clarify I didnt say the Warriors like Stace hated the game, I just was making a point that they do not play it and probably in Staceys case he isnt a gaming person.

Anyway I have enjoyed my short stay at this forum, its best I move along now and leave it for good.
Thanks for reading my opinions.

kaftka
22-09-04, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 22 2004, 01:59 PM
Anyway guys,

I was only merely expressing my Opinion and I apologize if some of you people dont like my opinion. Like I said I dont favour Sidhe or EA Sports - And as much of you guys might know that my relationship began with EA Sports when we, from the official forums were so ****** off with Cricket 2002 that we decided to take the matter to the Commerce Commission, in any other circumstance Andrew would have never replied to me but he had to in that situation as it was a legal matter. I dont like EA Sports, in the past they have set aside low budgets and hire developers who can make both games for them like HB who dont specialize in any. They have got some Union players this time to help them with physics and gameplay they are not concerned with graphics for Rugby 2005.

On a final note, I would just like to clarify I didnt say the Warriors like Stace hated the game, I just was making a point that they do not play it and probably in Staceys case he isnt a gaming person.

Anyway I have enjoyed my short stay at this forum, its best I move along now and leave it for good.
Waitaminute wait a minute wait a minute.
You, were ****** off with a GAME, and took it to the commerce commission.
Andrew had to reply to you, and now you&#39;re best buds??!!??!?
I take my hat off to you Dave. phew! For a second there I thought you had been played. Especially by mario. Well, with that argument I&#39;m speechless. I believe every word you say now. You&#39;re like my messaiah, man. This has got to be the greatest comeback in the history of arguments. With the powers invested in me, I now pronounce this as DAVE DAY!!!

...If you didn&#39;t notice, I was being sarcastic. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif

Serge
22-09-04, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Sep 22 2004, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Sep 22 2004, 05:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave@Sep 22 2004, 01:59 PM
Anyway guys,

Waitaminute wait a minute wait a minute.
You, were ****** off with a GAME, and took it to the commerce commission.
Andrew had to reply to you, and now you&#39;re best buds??!!??!?
I take my hat off to you Dave. phew! For a second there I thought you had been played. Especially by mario. Well, with that argument I&#39;m speechless. I believe every word you say now. You&#39;re like my messaiah, man. This has got to be the greatest comeback in the history of arguments. With the powers invested in me, I now pronounce this as DAVE DAY!!!

...If you didn&#39;t notice, I was being sarcastic. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif [/b]
until i scrolled down i thought you were on crack...

elliott77
24-09-04, 02:52 AM
Dave, Why would the Warriors and other teams want to play a game of themselves ?

They probably don&#39;t want to play as themselves on a game that they play in real life on a console.

Just like the All Blacks probably don&#39;t play R2k4 and the Black Caps don&#39;t play Cricket 2k4

Wally
24-09-04, 03:49 AM
Wendell was having a good bash of R2k4 with Giteau on &#39;I see Red&#39; once.

elliott77
24-09-04, 05:47 AM
Yes, they were doing that for publicity for themselves and the game probably.

sanzar
24-09-04, 06:03 AM
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I personally would like to see much better weather control in the next version (ontop of the things I stated earlier). In the current game it&#39;s either "fine" or "rain". Realistically rain should be able to have several different levels of intensity (eg: sprinkle, medium, heavy and torrential thunder storm) and shouldn&#39;t nessissarily go the whole match, hail and lightning would also be a good feature. I don&#39;t know if it would be possible mario, but it would add alot of realism to the game! Like in the last round of the regular season when the Roosters played the eels, it was fine weather for the first hour of the match but then came in heavy with thunder, lightning and hail! It was very interesting and that would be great to have that sort of variation in a game...
What do you think Mario and other interested league fans?

Wally
24-09-04, 07:06 AM
There wasn&#39;t much hail was there? Games are meant to be called off in those conditions.

-JJ-
24-09-04, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 24 2004, 05:03 PM
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I personally would like to see much better weather control in the next version (ontop of the things I stated earlier). In the current game it&#39;s either "fine" or "rain". Realistically rain should be able to have several different levels of intensity (eg: sprinkle, medium, heavy and torrential thunder storm) and shouldn&#39;t nessissarily go the whole match, hail and lightning would also be a good feature. I don&#39;t know if it would be possible mario, but it would add alot of realism to the game! Like in the last round of the regular season when the Roosters played the eels, it was fine weather for the first hour of the match but then came in heavy with thunder, lightning and hail! It was very interesting and that would be great to have that sort of variation in a game...
I would also like to see different stadiums have stats for when you&#39;re playing a season and when you select random for friendlies. This would give the stadiums some point.

So the stat for Wellington might be 1/10 heavy rain, 1/10 light rain, 1/10 drizzle/showers, 7/10 fine.

And for Sydney it might be 1/10 drizzle/showers, 9/10 fine.

umosay
24-09-04, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by JJ-+Sep 24 2004, 09:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Sep 24 2004, 09:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Sep 24 2004, 05:03 PM
I would also like to see different stadiums have stats for when you&#39;re playing a season and when you select random for friendlies. This would give the stadiums some point.

So the stat for Wellington might be 1/10 heavy rain, 1/10 light rain, 1/10 drizzle/showers, 7/10 fine.

And for Sydney it might be 1/10 drizzle/showers, 9/10 fine. [/b]
and Wellington wind would be 9.95/10

St Helens RLFC
24-09-04, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 24 2004, 05:03 PM
I think there&#39;d never be a dry Super League game! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I like the idea of changing weather conditions because it does happen quite frequently.

Ripper
24-09-04, 08:30 PM
I have finally clicked and realised who that Dave is the same Dave from Various other Forums who likes to name his imagniery friends after game developers and pretend to be them so he can get so called &#39;&#39;exclusive&#39;&#39; news, as KingWilko pointed out with that e-mail in the Reply from Andrew Topic

umosay
28-09-04, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 25 2004, 07:30 AM
I have finally clicked and realised who that Dave is the same Dave from Various other Forums who likes to name his imagniery friends after game developers and pretend to be them so he can get so called &#39;&#39;exclusive&#39;&#39; news, as KingWilko pointed out with that e-mail in the Reply from Andrew Topic
so he made that email up entirely?

kingwilko
28-09-04, 03:06 PM
Probably not. He does know Andrew Wilson but as I said in another thread he won&#39;t get exclusive infomation nor will he get Andrew to post at any forum.

NZL Fan
07-10-04, 01:50 AM
Mario: Have you given any thought to a possible rugby league manager game using the gameplay animation from SJRL??

I presume that it wouldn&#39;t be worthwhile due to limited consumer demand.

Mario
07-10-04, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 7 2004, 12:50 PM
Mario: Have you given any thought to a possible rugby league manager game using the gameplay animation from SJRL??

I presume that it wouldn&#39;t be worthwhile due to limited consumer demand.
Technically speaking, if a sequel appears, and there is a franchise mode in the game (which would include several managerial aspects) we could allow players to either simulate games just in the interface or spectate games (letting the AI control your team).

Its doubtful we would produce a standalone management game.

NZL Fan
07-10-04, 10:07 PM
Hopefully when (I mean"if"........) a sequel is announced the management aspect is really increased to include at least the following,

#Free agents, ability to release players and offer players contracts (which they could turn down due to better offers, not wanting to join an underperforming club, loyalty). Would include making offers to overseas players in other competitions.
#Salary cap - as in real life so that teams can not sign every good player, and some excellent players become availiable to offer contracts to.
#Player injuries, long term and short term. Increased chance when player is showing high "fatigue", and when player is susceptable to injury in real life.
#Form ratings. Thus players with a poor form rating will play below their full ability. Would mean you might consider playing lesser ability players if they showing better form in relation to some of your starting line up.
#Fatigue ratings: Would mean that players that get played week in, week out for long periods of time need to be rested if they are to get back to there best ability. Higher fatique would increase your chances of picking up injuries as well.
#A small range of different defensive styles. Sliding, up and at him, umbrella.
#Franchise mode. Having the ability to start up a totally new Franchise. Each time you start this mode you could start with the same fictional players (of mainly average ability ala "master league mode in PES4), and then choose your team name, home ground etc and play season upon season in NRL or Super L. Would need to add some extra grounds for those of us wanting to start Franchises in more likely areas. Ie. Central Coast ground, Goldcoast ground, Jade stadium, NORTH HARBOUR STADIUM (PLEASE!!), Perth?? etc etc.
#Training. Basic training to improve on various gameplay components.
#Players being put on report getting suspended for various lengths of time. Could give the player a chance after the game of either defending or admitting the charge. Defending could mean a longer sentence then if you admit the charge, but also there is a chance of the player being cleared if defending the charge(would be worth the risk if a sudden death final is your next game).
#The ability to choose your main field kicker, and what tackle number you would like him to be in position to kick (by default he would be in position to kick on the sixth tackle). By pressing the designated button at your pre determined tackle number the ball would go to your main field kicker in a position slightly deeper then the rest of your attacking line. This would allow you to ask your kicker to be in position early on in the tackle count when field position is paramount, ie very wet conditions, or if a drop goal is required.
#State of origin during the year. The timing of state of origin really affects the winning chances of some teams playing the NRL during this period - thus this should be recreated during the seasonal mode. Though you wont be able to play SOO when playing with a NRL club team, your players that represent NSW/Queensland will come back fatigued, or possibly injured.

Not so important but maybe a possiblity...........

A "team aggression" bar that can be lowered/increased before and during the game. Set on high it would increase you chances of stripping the ball, knocking the ball loose, injuring opposition players etc, but also increase your chances of giving away penalties, head high tackles etc. The opposite would occur if set on low. Of course naturally aggresive individual team members would be slightly more likely to infringe, slightly higher then where the team aggression bar is set.

Hypnotised
08-10-04, 08:31 AM
Great Post NZL, those features would really make the game aweosme. For franchise, if you start with an existing team you should be able to start with the actual team members, I would prefer this as an option on or off, as in PES4.

bippy
15-12-04, 08:41 AM
Tiger Woods Style Goal Kicking

As in using the analouge stick.

Some people may think this is silly but i would love to create a few referees from my local comp

not necessarily to look like him but more like his strictness fitness speed etc

neh
15-12-04, 09:28 AM
thats not a bad idea...tiger woods style goal kicking http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

St Helens RLFC
21-12-04, 12:02 PM
Mario, is there any news you can give us?

Mario
21-12-04, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 22 2004, 12:02 AM
No, sorry. Am hoping to have some news in January.

gjohn85
27-12-04, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Dec 22 2004, 07:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Dec 22 2004, 07:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC@Dec 22 2004, 12:02 AM
No, sorry. Am hoping to have some news in January.[/b]
When u finally post news that we are all waiting for, we will be happy for a week or so, then we will want pics and movies of the game!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

-JJ-
03-01-05, 12:11 AM
Just been playing a bit of SJ Rugby League, I&#39;ve probably said it before but I&#39;ll say it again - the in goal is one of the areas that needs work. Animations for one, and better play responses. eg I punted the ball and it bounced into the ingoal. Rabbitohs pick it up and my guy comes flying through and knocks the ball loose, another Warrior comes along collects the ball and I start tapping square to get it down. But instead he flies over the touch-in-goal... This sort of thing happens quite often aswell.
So...
-The in goal held up needs major improvement, aswell as the new law incorporated
-Diving on the ball is needed
-Jumping for the ball
-Good try animations that are sensible so they can put the ball down before flying over the touch-in-goal or dead ball line.

Edit - And I think punches should be included, especially if there&#39;s going to be a judiciary system.

lionmaul
06-01-05, 01:30 PM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking. It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by. And the player should not slow down everything around him should, then you would be able to get the kick of quicker. Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side. I like it but it needs to be tweaked. By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

If you guys could add a similar function to jumping, like you have with tackling it would be great. You could use both the aggressive button and agression button wich could cause a foul, to determine who wins the ball, along with timing and stats of course. I believe your tackling and sprinting system is the best of any physical sport video game rugby, football, and even soccer(futbol) slide tackles. Please do not ever change that system, I just started playing again and makes playing defense funner then any other sports game I have. It is great to be able to control the strength of your tackles. No other game offers this like this game. Sure there may be aggressive tackles or random hard tackles in other game but I like the fact of timing and how much you get on the aggressive button determines the strength of the tackle.
Salud and Cheers

Mario
06-01-05, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by lionmaul@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.* * It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.* And the player should not slow down everything around him should,* then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.* Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.* I like it but it needs to be tweaked.

That is something we considered, but given players with better kicking stats will perform a more accurate kick, you would end up with either a double benefit or a double negative if the above system was added.

By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/b]

You want jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

NZL Fan
06-01-05, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by lionmaul@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.* * It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.* And the player should not slow down everything around him should,* then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.* Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.* I like it but it needs to be tweaked.* * By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif*

If you guys could add a similar function to jumping, like you have with tackling it would be great.* You could use both the aggressive button and agression button wich could cause a foul, to determine who wins the ball, along with timing and stats of course.* I believe your tackling and sprinting system is the best of any physical sport video game rugby, football, and even soccer(futbol) slide tackles.* Please do not ever change that system, I just started playing again and makes playing defense funner then any other sports game I have.* * It is great to be able to control the strength of your tackles.* No other game offers this like this game.* Sure there may be aggressive tackles or random hard tackles in other game but I like the fact of timing and how much you get on the aggressive button determines the strength of the tackle.* *
Salud and Cheers
The tackles themselves were great (apart from too many headhighs - even if you played conservatively in defense a "computer controlled" player would head high on your behalf - this should never happen as it takes full control away from the person playing the game),

......however the system of choosing a defender is flawed and should be rethought. I know the idea behind not being able to choose the exact man you wanted was to encourage people to defend differently, but again if I wanted to sit in the line and watch (hope) the computer controlled player would make some tackles I would have invested in a manager type game..........The other flaw with this method is that the defensive AI would have to be top notch - unfortunately it wasn&#39;t, especially close to the line where they hardly bothered to defend on your behalf.

Hopefully a change is made for the better here in the sequel. The player when conceeding a try wants to feel that THEIR actions were at fault for the try.

What I&#39;d suggest (I better make a suggestion) is to implement the top shoulder buttons in defense (PS2). On completion of the tackle the player cursor should always go to the second man marker by default. From here it is then the simple method of hitting the left shoulder button to choose the defender to the left of this man, hit it twice to pick up the next man to his left etc. Same for the right.

Skill would still be needed in defense as in the heat of battle, and with double arounds/miss passes/steps/fends/switches etc, it still would be very difficult to manage to get the right man, for the right tackle, all the time. You may hit the button too many times, too little, get caught out with the long pass,or fail to head back left in time after initially going right (or vice versa).

The fullback should also have his own seperate button (triangle - PS2), so no matter what you can ALWAYS select this man when required in defense (on attack this same button would drop a man behind the attacking line in a kicking position). Quite often you want to select the fullback early on in defense to cut down a possible attacking angle, but are restricted by the cursor always going to the closer, chasing defenders.

Also a small selection of defensive styles (rushing, sliding, umbrella) would be most appreciated.

Hopefully Marios still awake to take this all in http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

sanzar
07-01-05, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Jan 7 2005, 08:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jan 7 2005, 08:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lionmaul@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.* ** It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.* And the player should not slow down everything around him should,* then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.* Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.** I like it but it needs to be tweaked.

That is something we considered, but given players with better kicking stats will perform a more accurate kick, you would end up with either a double benefit or a double negative if the above system was added.

By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/b]

You want jumping? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif [/b]
But isn&#39;t that par for the course? Really, you shouldn&#39;t be able to kick well with a **** forward whos&#39; never taken a kick in his life, and the same goes with a player like Andrew Johns, you should have massive control and accuracy...

doovepop
07-01-05, 10:48 AM
Mario would it be possible to have like when you tap the (a) button your player makes more ground when in a tackle. But it depends on how hard you tap the button and how big the player is and how big the oponent is

and in the current rugby league game can you get a penatly try

Wally
07-01-05, 10:56 AM
Did you join just to ask that...

umosay
07-01-05, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Wally@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn&#39;t mean its his only one...

Mario
07-01-05, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 7 2005, 10:48 PM
Mario would it be possible to have like when you tap the (a) button your player makes more ground when in a tackle. But it depends on how hard you tap the button and how big the player is and how big the oponent is

Thats something we could look at including (relatives weights are already taken into account).

and in the current rugby league game can you get a penatly try[/b]

Yes.

doovepop
07-01-05, 01:08 PM
i was here about 6 months ago then the forums went down and they wiped everyones username
i forgot about this forum until two weeks ago when someone said it on another forum

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
10-01-05, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 8 2005, 01:08 AM
i was here about 6 months ago then the forums went down and they wiped everyones username
i forgot about this forum until two weeks ago when someone said it on another forum
shame http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

whenz this game being released anywayz??.....

will the season mode be more in-depth?...training modes,mini camp to build individual or team stats,player reports,state of origin in part of season,end of the tri-nations,superleague champz vz nrl champs,free agents,player transfers,long term and short term suspensions and long term and short term injuries...

also will the seasons be over period of years/decades..like madden and other sporting titles?...if so..how you be able to go about and get rookies??will they be randomly generated by the cpu???and placed in a free agents pool?..also if this does happen will u be using that nrl ruling thats under consideration about only getting players from feeder teams in ur region??..eg.warriors-auckland based clubs
broncos-brisbane based clubs....

if the season has more depth than it would be more sense to give players a more managerial role in the season mode...if so could players(a part from selecting ur chosen teams players for game day)choose state-of-origin teams and int. teams in part with the season???....

the previous game was really good by surprise and it wasnt as bland as wcr and dull as rugby04...reason being was that we could edit teams,players,tournaments pretty much everything but gameplay was still lacking...lot of dodgy things happening on the pitch..i kick the ball 40metres downfield on the 5th tackle...game freezes the returns to 20m and other teams got penalty?.. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif ..wuh...what just happened?...stuff like dat..will the gameplay be alot smoother thuis time?

lucky last question http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif ...will it be live?..proberly not...but ill be fixin 2 kick and haul sum aussie azz wit da WARRI http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif RZ!!!!!!....

umosay
10-01-05, 02:23 AM
Errr, the game hasn&#39;t been announced yet, how on earth could it have a realease date?

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
10-01-05, 02:42 AM
geez i dunno theres 8pages of it i thought its in the werks or something...anyway wherez dat mario fella

Cappy
10-01-05, 04:53 AM
MARIO is it true you have started work on the new league game. i read somewhere you were doing some work at weta. motion capture perhaps?

sanzar
10-01-05, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by umosay+Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn&#39;t mean its his only one... [/b]
You&#39;ll have to forgive wally, he&#39;s from Queensland, and well... they didn&#39;t have High School untill the 60&#39;s up there so it&#39;s all a bit backward http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Aye wally? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

sanzar
10-01-05, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Cappy@Jan 10 2005, 04:53 PM
MARIO is it true you have started work on the new league game. i read somewhere you were doing some work at weta. motion capture perhaps?
You won&#39;t get an answer asking that... We&#39;ll just have to wait untill Mario and co decide it&#39;s time unveil what they have or haven&#39;t done...

Ripper
10-01-05, 07:52 AM
They better hurry up before we get to hyped up on Rugby 2005,

St Helens RLFC
10-01-05, 10:49 PM
The timing will be right Ripper.... SIDHE have played this game before.

NZL Fan
12-01-05, 01:03 AM
Mario: Just a quick question.......

If you were to make a new version of SJRL (which of course you are not already doing at present....... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif ) do you think that SIDHE would look seriously at increasing player rating categories, and the number range for each being increased?

To expand: because ratings were only out of ten for the first version players were less individual in makeup (especially in comparison to PES4 which rate players out of 100). Also would consideration be given to increasing the numbers of player ratings to include a wider variety of skills (maybe with some hidden ones??).

Ripper
12-01-05, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 11 2005, 10:49 AM
The timing will be right Ripper.... SIDHE have played this game before.
Only this time they have to compete with atleast 1 other decent Rugby Game (WCR)... and Rugby 2005 is looks like it will shape up to be tons better than 2004

St Helens RLFC
27-01-05, 09:26 AM
True, there is a lot more competition this time around.

Wally
27-01-05, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 10 2005, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 10 2005, 07:43 PM)</div>

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn&#39;t mean its his only one...
You&#39;ll have to forgive wally, he&#39;s from Queensland, and well... they didn&#39;t have High School untill the 60&#39;s up there so it&#39;s all a bit backward http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Aye wally? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif [/b]
He&#39;s right.

Mario are you Australian and what NRL team do you barrack for, if any?

umosay
27-01-05, 10:31 AM
Mario is a kiwi, and warriors of course.

and correct me if i&#39;m wrong played american football for NZ or something?

sanzar
27-01-05, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Short on numbers were they Mario? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

doovepop
28-01-05, 10:11 AM
hopefully only three days to go until some news

guys please sign up at my rugbyleaguegaming forum
http://leaguegaming.7.forumer.com/
and go to my website www.freewebs.com/rugbyleaguegame

thanks

Mario
28-01-05, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Defensive captain for the NZ gridiron team even. And yeah, I guess they were kind of short on numbers http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Got a club game here in Wellington tomorrow actually.

umosay
28-01-05, 12:22 PM
Cool, put in some big hits for us http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

sanzar
28-01-05, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Jan 29 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jan 29 2005, 12:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Defensive captain for the NZ gridiron team even. And yeah, I guess they were kind of short on numbers http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Got a club game here in Wellington tomorrow actually. [/b]
Thats great mate... Anyway, getting back to this announcement in late January... are we gonna hear it yet? Come on Mario! PLEASE! I&#39;ll do anything for you... uh ...aaanythiiing... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Mario
31-01-05, 03:10 AM
Well, we are now at the end of January. As many of you have noted, I was hoping to have news to report on the situation with respect to a possible Rugby League sequel.

Unfortunately, while there has been positive progress on putting together a possible sequel, there are issues which remain unresolved. Because of this, I have no official news that I am able to report at this time.

Officially, this means that the possibility of a sequel is at this moment &#39;undetermined&#39;.

While this news (or lack thereof) is almost certainly a disappointment to many who were expecting an announcement at this time, please take heart in the fact that there is movement going on behind the scenes and that Sidhe Interactive in particular is commited to seeing that a sequel appears eventually.

As always, I will report any news that I can here at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

Regards

Mario Wynands

Managing Director
Sidhe Interactive

sanzar
31-01-05, 06:08 AM
Spewin... Absolutely spewin! Oh well, I guess you can&#39;t do anything about it mario...

Ah Bugger it, EA Rugby 2005 is coming out soon, so we might as well just forget completely about Rugby League 2 untill Mario can tell us something and focus on the game that may well take the title of "Best rugby game ever"!

Don&#39;t worry though mario I&#39;ll still be waiting patiently for something solid from HES and your boys at sidhe... if the sequel eventuates this year.

Serge
31-01-05, 08:47 AM
Poor show, stringing everyone along like this. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

C A Iversen
01-02-05, 10:09 AM
Not meaning to knock anyone, just seems to me a lot easier to say, "Not in the forseeable future", a long time ago, and if things changed then said, "Guess what guys, Stacey Jones 2 is on".
I mean a lot of people out there are playing a slightly flawed, largely good version of league right now, and are desperate for a sequel.
Its frustrating for people to be told wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, then no sorry nothing, and I can&#39;t give specifics.
Can Sidhe not even consider releasing a de-bugged and more controllable defensive version with only the necessary improvements?
I.E. Stacey Jones Rugby League - Special Edition.

Surely no-one would complain if that at least happened.
These are only ideas, not meant to be bitching.
It&#39;s hard not to bitch, when you feel gutted like a fish.

gjohn85
01-02-05, 07:59 PM
I am glad that there is no real news of yet, because I&#39;d hate to see the sequel rushed out & its turns out disappointing due to the fact they didn&#39;t spend enough time on it!

So take your time, we&#39;ll just have to be patient & hopefully & a fantastic all singing, all dancing sequel will come out soon!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Serge
02-02-05, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by gjohn85@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM
I am glad that there is no real news of yet, because I&#39;d hate to see the sequel rushed out & its turns out disappointing due to the fact they didn&#39;t spend enough time on it!

So take your time, we&#39;ll just have to be patient & hopefully & a fantastic all singing, all dancing sequel will come out soon!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen?

sanzar
02-02-05, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Serge+Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM

Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen? [/b]
Try not to fret to much mate, there are all sorts of rumors around at the moment about the League game, some have suggested the game has been in the works for over a year now (a guy at EB told me work on the game has been on going behind the scenes for some time now) ... with the amount of stuff being said there is definately some truth in there somewhere. You never know, they may come out with a press release in a month saying it&#39;ll be out a week later! It all depends on litigation I&#39;d say.

Serge
02-02-05, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 2 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 2 2005, 07:59 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Serge@Feb 2 2005, 03:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85@Feb 2 2005, 08:59 AM

Your glad that theres no news about if the sequel will happen?
Try not to fret to much mate, there are all sorts of rumors around at the moment about the League game, some have suggested the game has been in the works for over a year now (a guy at EB told me work on the game has been on going behind the scenes for some time now) ... with the amount of stuff being said there is definately some truth in there somewhere. You never know, they may come out with a press release in a month saying it&#39;ll be out a week later! It all depends on litigation I&#39;d say. [/b]
Im not actually worried about it. I just thought it was a real stupid comment.

Although the more rugby games the better http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

02-02-05, 06:02 PM
well maybe they just want to wait for Rugby 2005 to come out just in case they get some ideas out of it.

sanzar
04-02-05, 06:27 AM
What do you guys reckon they will do for the next league title? Considering it&#39;s probably under developement right now?

Serge
04-02-05, 09:04 AM
I reckon they are testing online stuff and thats what the big wait is about. So i reckon that will be the big drawcard for the sequel.

ak47
10-02-05, 08:21 PM
Good morning Mario

I have a few questions regarding NRL2

Is it possible an anouncement in the next month or so is forethcoming.

A little birdie chirped to me yesterday

I was told some mob is generating data for an upcoming sequel to NRL

when a reliable birdie tells me one thing, and the creator of it all tells me another, i get confused.

Only u can confirm whether there&#39;s any truth to this or not.

Mario
10-02-05, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 08:21 AM
when a reliable birdie tells me one thing, and the creator of it all tells me another, i get confused.
You&#39;ll need to be more specific than a "reliable birdie" if you want me to confirm or deny something.

With regard to data for a possible Rugby League sequel, we used NRL Stats for Rugby League, and would probably use them again for a sequel.

ak47
11-02-05, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Feb 11 2005, 08:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Feb 11 2005, 08:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47@Feb 11 2005, 08:21 AM
You&#39;ll need to be more specific than a "reliable birdie" if you want me to confirm or deny something.

With regard to data for a possible Rugby League sequel, we used NRL Stats for Rugby League, and would probably use them again for a sequel. [/b]
SORRY MUZ
but i cannot mention the little birdies name...he/she may get into trouble...

i have a date muz and if my little birdie is chirping the truth an announcement must be pretty soon

i dunno who else you&#39;d use for stats!

ak47
11-02-05, 12:45 AM
we we

i give u a lil hint mesuir

"yeah they come to snub the rooster....yeah yeah yeah..u know he aint gonna die"

Mario
11-02-05, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 12:45 PM
we we

"yeah they come to snub the rooster....yeah yeah yeah..u know he aint gonna die"
I have no idea what you are on about http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

And I wasn&#39;t asking you to give me anyone&#39;s name, sorry. I just meant you were being very vague about &#39;something&#39; that &#39;someone&#39; said and wanted me to confirm it.

ak47
11-02-05, 01:01 AM
look muz

i know people, and i wont mention names on the request of my sources, as they themselves were unsure if it is confidential or not...they are the engineers of a company that was used for SJRL/NRL

they have updated me on news that they are at work again as per your last game

if u aint making it, then say so.

But 100% SOMEONE IS MAKING A RUGBY LEAGUE GAME AS WE SPEAK, and there is no doubt about that.

EVERYONE ON TRF - i do not care coz i wont have to EAT THESE WORDS - somebody, some company is making a Rugby League game on this current day 11FEB2005

it may be the legalities that keep u quiet mario - i understand coz its my legalities as to why i cant name my sources!!!....are we in the same kitchen...maybe.

sanzar
11-02-05, 01:30 AM
We all know the game is being made... thats not the issue. The issue is why Mario and his crew can&#39;t tell us. It&#39;s got to be a big deal though, I mean they&#39;ve been working on the sequel for over a year now (according to my friend who&#39;s the games manager at Harvey Norman Moore Park) and there&#39;s still no word.

ak47
11-02-05, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 11 2005, 01:30 PM
We all know the game is being made... thats not the issue. The issue is why Mario and his crew can&#39;t tell us. It&#39;s got to be a big deal though, I mean they&#39;ve been working on the sequel for over a year now (according to my friend who&#39;s the games manager at Harvey Norman Moore Park) and there&#39;s still no word.
agreed

i reckon the reason why mario cant say anything coz he doesnt want to disapoint, by making too many promises too early, when the foundations arent in place yet.....ie doesnt want to be the next andrew wilson and say this and that, to find they couldnt include it all, and consequently lie to the fans

once everyone has signed the docs he will announce something
that why he thought he could announce at the end of jan, thinking he&#39;d have all the signatures and go ahead...but a slight delay could have prevented all of this.

there&#39;s no doubt the core aspects of the game and going thru their paces as we speak....ie gameplay, visual enhancements, overall improvements due to great technology

its just the liscenses, client agreements, back office legalities are preventing him from saying anything, as not every dotted line has been signed yet.

the doors are closed, but the project is running
kinda like BLIC..nothing was officially announced until a week ago, but everyone new they were plotting away beforehand.
and all EA sports titles - they are annual, so u know they start making the next version straight away, but nothing official is announced until a few months from release.

I hope ur mate at moore park like his job and knows his stuff, (we need more people like this) coz the idiots at EB @ Bondi Junction, no nothing about video games, no nothing about the industry, nor do they care.
i walk in and 99% of the time, i know more than EB does, simply because of forum browsing etc
I have cancelled 3 pre-orders from EB, simply coz they lied about a delayed release date, and i got it from target next door, walked back in and said - "what delay u idiot, learn ur job"...........they were lying to keep a sale, coz they had inhouse distribution issues, and tried to make me cop the wrath of an industralia dispute - what cocks!!!!!!!!!!
and EB bondi junction tried to tell me i couldnt buy games from NZ, and that they wont work on my aussie PS2.....this is when i had already bought GTA from NZ and had been playing for a week already when EB had just got it in, and they were trying to sell it to me by saying, NO U CANT USE NZ GAMES, UR PS2 WONT ACCEPT THEM - another blatant load of horse ****

sanzar
12-02-05, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 01:54 PM
I hope ur mate at moore park like his job and knows his stuff, (we need more people like this) coz the idiots at EB @ Bondi Junction, no nothing about video games, no nothing about the industry, nor do they care.
Yeah, he knows his **** all right. He&#39;s been there for about 10 years now and worked his way up to Games Manager. He&#39;s always speaking to distributers and gets heaps of behind the scences info... He&#39;s given me heaps of info over the past years and he&#39;s right 90% of the time (when he&#39;s not it&#39;s usually due to an unforseen occurance within the company making the game).

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
12-02-05, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 01:54 PM
the doors are closed, but the project is running
kinda like BLIC..
whats that?...

St Helens RLFC
12-02-05, 08:42 PM
Brian Lara International Cricket

sanzar
13-02-05, 07:28 AM
Ok boys it&#39;s rumor mill time! List all the rumours you&#39;ve heard about RL2 from this point on and we&#39;ll see how much is true when the game comes out in June or whatever! I&#39;ll start the ball rolling:

Apparently Rabs Warren and Fatty Vautin will commentate this time around and the game will have a Channel 9 Friday night footy theme to it.

doovepop
13-02-05, 11:24 AM
hey mario so hows your other tittles coming along (not psp tittle)
when do you think you will anounce them
anynews on a rugby league sequel
if a rugby league sequel goes ahead will the xbox version have onlline play

thanks

doovepop
13-02-05, 11:29 AM
Mario is it possible that your working on a rugby league sequel right now
and how long would a rugby league sequel take

thanks

sanzar
13-02-05, 12:04 PM
Rumor has it that it&#39;s secretly been in production for some time now and that we will see a release mid year...
Don&#39;t bother asking Mario mate, his hands seem to be tied on anything RL2 related.

ak47
13-02-05, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 13 2005, 07:28 PM
Ok boys it&#39;s rumor mill time! List all the rumours you&#39;ve heard about RL2 from this point on and we&#39;ll see how much is true when the game comes out in June or whatever! I&#39;ll start the ball rolling:

Apparently Rabs Warren and Fatty Vautin will commentate this time around and the game will have a Channel 9 Friday night footy theme to it.
will be glad to add to this

i heard there will be an international tourno in the game with more than 3 sides

i heard the french rugby league team will be in the RL sequel

perhaps many more countries will jump on board aswell.

yes and heard mid yr to late 2005 release aswell

NZL Fan
15-02-05, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 12:45 PM
we we

Layne told you!!!!!!!

Next time you speak to him can you ask him why he had to waste a fine talent on drug abuse............

RedV
16-02-05, 02:37 AM
Do you guys really believe a sequel is already in development, or is it wishful thinking?

Personally I&#39;m a lot more negative than that. I&#39;m beginning to wonder if a sequel will be made at all, which is a crying shame because I genuinely feel the parties involved in a sequel would make a heap of money. They have laid the platform with a solid if unspectacular first title (it still blew WCR and EA Rugby out of the water) and the chance to develop on that would be a massive one to waste.

I applaud your optimism, but I wonder if deep down you know it is misplaced. Here&#39;s hoping I am wrong.

ak47
16-02-05, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by RedV@Feb 16 2005, 02:37 PM
Do you guys really believe a sequel is already in development, or is it wishful thinking?

Personally I&#39;m a lot more negative than that. I&#39;m beginning to wonder if a sequel will be made at all, which is a crying shame because I genuinely feel the parties involved in a sequel would make a heap of money. They have laid the platform with a solid if unspectacular first title (it still blew WCR and EA Rugby out of the water) and the chance to develop on that would be a massive one to waste.

I applaud your optimism, but I wonder if deep down you know it is misplaced. Here&#39;s hoping I am wrong.
Welcome REDV

I dont wanna rain on ur negative parade, but i know people, whom are heavily deep down getting fingers muddy for the NRL sequel

Its not optimism.....its fact!

Sorry i cant elaborate on anything, but theres a fair bit of confidentiality involved for all parties, not only Sidhe

NZL Fan
16-02-05, 02:57 AM
To add to this........

I know a friend of a friend (this is true by the way) that did some of the original graphics for one or two of the stadiums - apparently he was back on the job quite a few months ago working on the sequel........

Chances of a sequel (especially reading between the lines whenever Mario posts on here recently) are 99.9%

kaftka
16-02-05, 04:48 AM
I agree. Look back at most of Marios posts in this thread and you will get the feeling tht he is unofficially telling us a sequel will be coming out.

RedV
16-02-05, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ak47+Feb 16 2005, 02:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 16 2005, 02:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RedV@Feb 16 2005, 02:37 PM

Welcome REDV

I dont wanna rain on ur negative parade, but i know people, whom are heavily deep down getting fingers muddy for the NRL sequel

Its not optimism.....its fact!

Sorry i cant elaborate on anything, but theres a fair bit of confidentiality involved for all parties, not only Sidhe [/b]
Thanks for that reply ak47

It&#39;s great to see people so optimistic. I can&#39;t wait for the game to come out.

St Helens RLFC
16-02-05, 03:19 PM
A member of redvee.net I assume? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

woosaah
23-02-05, 01:51 AM
I am soo looking forward to this game as well, if it ever gets announced that is. Before the last game came out i saw Marios presentation at Armageddon in Wellington and i was impressed at some of the stuff he was talking about, and what he showed. And that was for the last game.

Also liked his we story on the barbie game LOL he said something about hiring dances or something.

Well i hope there is news soon

catch ya

stu