PDA

View Full Version : Playable Rl2 Ps2 Preview In Auckland



Mario
18-10-05, 05:02 AM
Yet another chance for consumers to see whether Rugby League 2 is worth the wait.

The Armageddon Expo celebrating movies, videogames, comics, and toys is on again in Auckland. As part of the event local distributors Gamewizz Entertainment will be hosting a special Rugby League 2 for PlayStation 2 preview. The game will be playable for all to come, play and enjoy.

Details of the event are below

Armageddon
Aotea Centre
Auckland

www.pulpexpo.com

Entry price - Adult $15, Child $10

Saturday 22 October 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 23 October 9:00am - 6:00pm
Monday 24 October - 6:00pm


Retail store Gamesman will also be at the show and offering free Warriors branded PS2 controllers to those who preorder the Rugby League 2 for PS2 over the weekend.

Make sure to come by and give the game a go!

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
18-10-05, 05:12 AM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!

Gay-Guy
18-10-05, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Haven't you already played the game Chiro?

I can't afford $15. Also I don't want to be in a place where every 5 minutes a kid calls out "Mister!"
What about a private showing at my house Mario? I&#39;ll make it worth your while http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

sanzar
18-10-05, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 18 2005, 04:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 18 2005, 04:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Haven&#39;t you already played the game Chiro?

I can&#39;t afford $15. Also I don&#39;t want to be in a place where every 5 minutes a kid calls out "Mister!"
What about a private showing at my house Mario? I&#39;ll make it worth your while http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif [/b]
with money... or will it be sexual favours? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

Mario
18-10-05, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Well, unfortunately you won&#39;t because I won&#39;t be there.

But enjoy the game in my absence.

Gay-Guy
18-10-05, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Well, unfortunately you won&#39;t because I won&#39;t be there.

But enjoy the game in my absence. [/b]
Don&#39;t worry Mario. I&#39;ll sit in your place and defeat chiro for you. then we&#39;ll post the 86 nil victory footage on here http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

doovepop
18-10-05, 01:35 PM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.

sanzar
18-10-05, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
That would be kick arse! Make yourself up a phoney Game Mag id card and ask for permission!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

esoj
18-10-05, 11:18 PM
I might have to go to this just to see rugby league 2. my sisters will proabbly be going as they are right into the anime/comics scene

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
19-10-05, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Well, unfortunately you won&#39;t because I won&#39;t be there.

But enjoy the game in my absence.
Don&#39;t worry Mario. I&#39;ll sit in your place and defeat chiro for you. then we&#39;ll post the 86 nil victory footage on here http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif [/b]
hahahah..wateva..ill thrash u at any game

pick one..handball,tiggy,jonah lomu rugby,hide and go seek

ill murder you..ill beat you in life even..ill be a millionaire and you can wash my clothes and serve me and my friends alcohol and food for a living

nah jokes...mite go...just to have sum multi player action goin on and to see if they got online working so i can thrash the guys across the room and here them cry in agony and ill quitely chuckle...heeheehee.."im the best"...

Gay-Guy
19-10-05, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Oct 19 2005, 02:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Oct 19 2005, 02:43 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 19 2005, 12:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 18 2005, 04:12 PM
I WILL SEE YOU THERE MARIO!!!!
Well, unfortunately you won&#39;t because I won&#39;t be there.

But enjoy the game in my absence.
Don&#39;t worry Mario. I&#39;ll sit in your place and defeat chiro for you. then we&#39;ll post the 86 nil victory footage on here http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
hahahah..wateva..ill thrash u at any game

pick one..handball,tiggy,jonah lomu rugby,hide and go seek

ill murder you..ill beat you in life even..ill be a millionaire and you can wash my clothes and serve me and my friends alcohol and food for a living

nah jokes...mite go...just to have sum multi player action goin on and to see if they got online working so i can thrash the guys across the room and here them cry in agony and ill quitely chuckle...heeheehee.."im the best"... [/b]
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Sorry but I can&#39;t make it there cos now I am too scared you may whip my behind http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif actually with that thought I may just turn up http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

I just don&#39;t have $15

Also I have to look after the kids.

doovepop
20-10-05, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
Well any comments Mario.

Mario
20-10-05, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by doovepop+Oct 21 2005, 01:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Oct 21 2005, 01:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
Well any comments Mario. [/b]
People can film as much as they like as far as I am concerned.

Ultimately its up to the Gamewizz guys though. Its their stand.

doovepop
21-10-05, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 21 2005, 09:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 21 2005, 09:23 AM)</div>

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 21 2005, 01:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
Well any comments Mario.
People can film as much as they like as far as I am concerned.

Ultimately its up to the Gamewizz guys though. Its their stand. [/b]

Do you think that they would allow a person to capture footage from a dvd recorder.

Mario
21-10-05, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by doovepop+Oct 21 2005, 12:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Oct 21 2005, 12:38 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 21 2005, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 21 2005, 01:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
Well any comments Mario.
People can film as much as they like as far as I am concerned.

Ultimately its up to the Gamewizz guys though. Its their stand.

Do you think that they would allow a person to capture footage from a dvd recorder. [/b]
I highly doubt that as that would entail messing with the physical setup.

sanzar
21-10-05, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 21 2005, 04:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 21 2005, 04:02 PM)</div>

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 21 2005, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 21 2005, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by doovepop@Oct 21 2005, 01:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Oct 19 2005, 12:35 AM
Mario can you take a video camera.
or can someone hookup a dvd recorder and record footage.
Now that would be good.
Well any comments Mario.
People can film as much as they like as far as I am concerned.

Ultimately its up to the Gamewizz guys though. Its their stand.

Do you think that they would allow a person to capture footage from a dvd recorder.
I highly doubt that as that would entail messing with the physical setup. [/b]
Write him an official notice from sidhe asking them to allow it Mario! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Gay-Guy
21-10-05, 02:42 PM
Hey i may be going tomorrow (Sat)

So if any TRF guys see me there over the weekend.................give me the secret TRF nod and ill hook you up...........with................................. .............................c
hiros autograph

doovepop
22-10-05, 03:02 AM
make sure you take a dvd recorder.
if they won&#39;t allow it
slip em some money.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
23-10-05, 11:45 AM
i went to see it again....ummm same impression again....

and this wasnt the demo aye mario?....so this is exactly the same version i played before

same impression..graphics are awesome...gameplay still abit off,its basically the same as part1 with added stuff

and its REAL EASY to break the line...either if it was skoolboy..i mean cmon trent barret ran thru 8 warriors players...well...guess thats realistic hahaha..but seriously tho it looks way arcadey

if u a league fanatic u will luv this game with the added features...

if u like me and waiting for a classic footie game to arrive since lomu...

then the wait continuez

peow peow!!!..saw sum lovely ladies there!!!...GO GG...GET A WIFEY...get a goth one

CeeJay
24-10-05, 10:08 PM
Is the Chiropractor the only one from auckland who played this at Armagedon?

sanzar
24-10-05, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 23 2005, 10:45 PM
i went to see it again....ummm same impression again....

and this wasnt the demo aye mario?....so this is exactly the same version i played before

same impression..graphics are awesome...gameplay still abit off,its basically the same as part1 with added stuff

and its REAL EASY to break the line...either if it was skoolboy..i mean cmon trent barret ran thru 8 warriors players...well...guess thats realistic hahaha..but seriously tho it looks way arcadey
It is set to schoolboy at all the playable sites apparently, so I wouldn&#39;t worry about the defence too much. As for the rest though chiro, did you try out all the new moves like shoulder charges, pass to playmaker, dummy half scooting, high jumping for bombs, diving on grubbers or the new cut out passes? If so, what were they like? If you didn&#39;t get a chance to try these however, I&#39;d imagine the game would feel pretty much the same as RL1.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
24-10-05, 11:56 PM
oh i did..trust me it felt good for abit then got repetitive..i spent most my time on attacks anywayz..the defence animations there are plenty..nothing too spectactular i got smashed by the ginger front row in the dragons and that forced the ball out

they play maker thingie is to slow for my liking..this little bar pops up and sayz press the following for options..pass to playmaker,dummy half run,on the burst runs..its kinda slow im hoping this just for the sake of skoolboy settings

it looks all fine and dandy but doesnt feel it

AND THE PASSES..WTF....i didnt know prop forwards could pass the ball 50 meteres across the field hahaha..it was hillarious i did that playmaker pass and jones was in the midfield and i was on the wing..and the ball cut out like 5players and stayed in the air like harry potter threw it hahaha...it was crak up

jumping?..what jumping?..didnt see that
the kicking is the same old..the defensive lines dont look tight enough even when i was on defence guys were all over the 10 line an scrambled...and again you can open up the outside for easy tries

just like i said..it feels the same..its like eas sports rugby...(hear me out before u die from laughter)...this is the game that original game was spose to be just like rugby200* and the recent rugby 05.....

its better then the original...longevity and fun factor is a must for me in any video game and the way i felt playin this...it wont last long in my consoles...still tho u league nutz..u will luv it cause it is league and the only league game ya gonna get in this day of age

im looking forward to there future versions if sidhe are gonna be making one but not this one

Black|Raven
25-10-05, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Oct 25 2005, 10:56 AM
oh i did..trust me it felt good for abit then got repetitive..i spent most my time on attacks anywayz..the defence animations there are plenty..nothing too spectactular i got smashed by the ginger front row in the dragons and that forced the ball out

they play maker thingie is to slow for my liking..this little bar pops up and sayz press the following for options..pass to playmaker,dummy half run,on the burst runs..its kinda slow im hoping this just for the sake of skoolboy settings

it looks all fine and dandy but doesnt feel it

AND THE PASSES..WTF....i didnt know prop forwards could pass the ball 50 meteres across the field hahaha..it was hillarious i did that playmaker pass and jones was in the midfield and i was on the wing..and the ball cut out like 5players and stayed in the air like harry potter threw it hahaha...it was crak up

jumping?..what jumping?..didnt see that
the kicking is the same old..the defensive lines dont look tight enough even when i was on defence guys were all over the 10 line an scrambled...and again you can open up the outside for easy tries

just like i said..it feels the same..its like eas sports rugby...(hear me out before u die from laughter)...this is the game that original game was spose to be just like rugby200* and the recent rugby 05.....

its better then the original...longevity and fun factor is a must for me in any video game and the way i felt playin this...it wont last long in my consoles...still tho u league nutz..u will luv it cause it is league and the only league game ya gonna get in this day of age

im looking forward to there future versions if sidhe are gonna be making one but not this one
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif wtf?

those lying mother fuggers.....now where&#39;s my shot gun?
C4-check!
M16-check!
shottie-check!

oh mario......can i talk to you for a sec! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.gif

Mario
25-10-05, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Black|Raven@Oct 25 2005, 09:59 PM
those lying mother fuggers.....
And what exactly have we lied about?

CeeJay
25-10-05, 10:22 PM
We were all uder the impression that the passing bugs had been cleaned up, from what ive seen in the videos it looks fine, but I havent played it like chiropractor. In RL1 the biggest problem with the passing was not being able to find your man (which has been adressed with pass to playmaker) but the magic floaters really shatter the illusion, and it seems like the pass to playmaker may have made this worse( as choropractor pointed out). You should have made so if you pass to play maker and hes on the other side of the field, that the ball gets passed to ground, because a pass that long is silly.

Still no-one else played this!!!???

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
25-10-05, 11:24 PM
i guess not

look if i had a ps2..i would buy it..coz i would enjoy the fact this is a rugby league and i love rugby league..i did not have the chance to look at the other options so sorry..i spent like 15minutes...hahaha 5minutes the first time and then snatched the controller off this kid who was trynna figure out the buttons the second time...

i like the direction that sidhe are going with this so support this and the next gen consoles will hold a legendary league game....

its got the glitz and the glamour an with the franchise mode i did not see that could contribute to the longevity...multiplayer will be the best option for everyone id picture that as the tru challenge as with every sports game..so the online feature will add more fun!!!..

the game is solid its like rugby 2005..its as good as it gets atm...

league fans will drawl on this...im a league fanatic im also a big football gaming freak..and its panning out evenly on my scale..

sallgud...get this game