PDA

View Full Version : Frankie Dettori Racing / Melbourne Cup Challenge

NZL Fan
20-10-05, 11:52 PM
All about Sidhes soon to be released horse racing game.........

Post all of your comments/ask all those questions you have here!

(Please keep to topic, and post constructively)

NZL Fan
21-10-05, 12:07 AM
Mario - can you tell us what plans there are prior to the release of the game??
(ie. footage, screenshots, in depth information).....

Are we still on for a November release??

TheDell
21-10-05, 03:49 AM
dudes check this-

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/melbour...creenshots.html (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/melbournecupchallenge/screenshots.html)

ak47
21-10-05, 06:54 AM
Mario

will this have Makybe Diva, and Desert War - Tomorrows top 2 finishers in the cox (hint, hint, kept on topic, and gave a hot tip boys http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif )

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif

NZL Fan
22-10-05, 06:22 AM
For a game supposibly releasing in around a months time, and in a game genre that would require major promotion (Especially to educate English language countries who havn&#39;t tended to play "horse orientated" games) - we still have had very little information???

Surely a longer lead up advertising campaign was what was required here??

Comments??

C A Iversen
22-10-05, 07:49 AM
I think your right on the money, NZL Fan. Promotion and release are really areas Sidhe have to work on with their titles. I know it sounds like bagging them, but it&#39;s a consistent problem that needs to be addressed. I was talking to a friend today who is a casual gamer, doesn&#39;t play too many games, but he is a huge fan of New Zealand and Australian horse racing. What could I tell him about this game? It&#39;s title, what its features will roughly be and what formats will get this release. What was his first question? What could it possibly be?

WHEN can I buy this game? I told him it&#39;s hard to say at this stage, but I&#39;m fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. Naturally not understanding anything about the development process, he was very surprised and dismayed that it wasn&#39;t going to be available in the week surrounding the Melbourne Cup. I think that reaction is only natural.

I believe we need to be well informed on this forum, and able to give some better information to people who we can help buy the product.

I tell him, he may tell three, they may tell two each and so on. From now on though, I&#39;m not spreading the word untill theres better word to spread.

NZL Fan
22-10-05, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM
I think your right on the money, NZL Fan. Promotion and release are really areas Sidhe have to work on with their titles. I know it sounds like bagging them, but it&#39;s a consistent problem that needs to be addressed. I was talking to a friend today who is a casual gamer, doesn&#39;t play too many games, but he is a huge fan of New Zealand and Australian horse racing. What could I tell him about this game? It&#39;s title, what its features will roughly be and what formats will get this release. What was his first question? What could it possibly be?

WHEN can I buy this game? I told him it&#39;s hard to say at this stage, but I&#39;m fairly sure it will be before the end of the year. Naturally not understanding anything about the development process, he was very surprised and dismayed that it wasn&#39;t going to be available in the week surrounding the Melbourne Cup. I think that reaction is only natural.

I believe we need to be well informed on this forum, and able to give some better information to people who we can help buy the product.

I tell him, he may tell three, they may tell two each and so on. From now on though, I&#39;m not spreading the word untill theres better word to spread.
Your thoughts seem on the right track - though SIDHE doesn&#39;t do the promotion work or release stuff - thats up to HES etc..............they are the ones that need to get some information out about the game.

esoj
23-10-05, 12:09 AM
Mario made a post I think on the melbourne cup forums that the game will not be releasing in november. He also said that their should be lots of promotion coming for it soon. This is pure speculation by me but I think the reason for melbourn cup getting delayed beyond november is because that when rugby league 2 is coming out. I could be wrong but going by the promotion etc for rugby league 2 it seems like it will be releasing in november. hopefully more info etco n melbourne cup challegnes comes out soon

Mario
23-10-05, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 23 2005, 12:09 PM
Mario made a post I think on the melbourne cup forums that the game will not be releasing in november. He also said that their should be lots of promotion coming for it soon. This is pure speculation by me but I think the reason for melbourn cup getting delayed beyond november is because that when rugby league 2 is coming out. I could be wrong but going by the promotion etc for rugby league 2 it seems like it will be releasing in november. hopefully more info etco n melbourne cup challegnes comes out soon
Potential delays in MCC have nothing to do with RL2. They are related to HES being able to secure some great new licenses to add to the game.

esoj
23-10-05, 12:23 AM
oh thanks mario. I was just taking a wild guess which I did say so in my post. thanks for clearing it up though. I am sure all the guys will be happy with more licenses

C A Iversen
23-10-05, 10:36 AM
Sure will!

Hopefully, this will add even more depth to the title. Just still think we&#39;re a little undercooked for info on the game in general.

NZL Fan
23-10-05, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 23 2005, 12:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 23 2005, 12:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Oct 23 2005, 12:09 PM
Potential delays in MCC have nothing to do with RL2. They are related to HES being able to secure some great new licenses to add to the game. [/b]
Arn&#39;t licenses one of the "first" things they should have been trying to attain??

(leaving things a bit late in the piece)

esoj
24-10-05, 02:47 AM
well maybe nzL fan but mario did say new licenses so maybe it&#39;s extra ones that they don&#39;t have. negotations on these things can take time so maybe they are dragging on a bit or are taking time to implement into the game. unless mario replies this is my best guess. I think the mcc promotion etc will ramp up when rl 2 is pretty much out of Sidhe&#39;s hands.

NZL Fan
25-10-05, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 24 2005, 02:47 PM
well maybe nzL fan but mario did say new licenses so maybe it&#39;s extra ones that they don&#39;t have. negotations on these things can take time so maybe they are dragging on a bit or are taking time to implement into the game. unless mario replies this is my best guess. I think the mcc promotion etc will ramp up when rl 2 is pretty much out of Sidhe&#39;s hands.
How long does the average game take to create?? - 18 months??........

.....would have thought that was plenty of time for HES to attain the necessary licences...........

ak47
25-10-05, 02:55 AM
I agree NZL, they should have already had all this in concrete before even slating a timeframe of release

I guess these late liscenses justify a delay

Liscense I can think of they would justify any delay

Official USA tracks
Official EURO tracks
Official Aussie tracks
Official NZ tracks
Official stables, like Freedman, Hayes, Hawkes, Cummings and Goldophin...with this would be classic horses from these stables - Octagonal etc
AJC - Official Jockeys, and others from offshore

Now I wouldnt have said any kind of release or even made the game public, untill all these were acquired - or atleast, if unable to get these, have an editor, and have the tracks, jockeys and stables and change the name of the ones required like PES5

I guess its a major liscense that would really make or break this game - especially if its an exclusive liscense that no other game of this genre has had

esoj
25-10-05, 02:59 AM
i see your guys points that it should have been done earlier but thats not to be. it hard to say why though without knowing how negotations are going or how many licenses they are getting

ak47
25-10-05, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 25 2005, 02:59 PM
i see your guys points that it should have been done earlier but thats not to be. it hard to say why though without knowing how negotations are going or how many licenses they are getting
thats right Esoj

Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...avoid the rumour mill scenario, by feeding us FACTS

its only natural for humans to imaginate, when not given raw facts
its only natural for humans to tell humans their imaginative ways
then its only natural for a rumour to occur

Mario
25-10-05, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Oct 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...
You are mistaken if you think I will compromise our legally binding NDA for the sake of avoiding a rumour mill.

I&#39;m doing what I can to get new info and media released. "Discussions" are being held on the matter.

ak47
25-10-05, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 26 2005, 04:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 26 2005, 04:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47@Oct 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Time to step up mario and spill the beans on our presumptions...
You are mistaken if you think I will compromise our legally binding NDA for the sake of avoiding a rumour mill.

I&#39;m doing what I can to get new info and media released. "Discussions" are being held on the matter. [/b]
whats so confidential and secret about it

i do not understand once a game is announced, the nooks and crannies inside, need to be withheld for x period of time

sure your in a legal binding agreement to keep quiet

but why?

is it critical that competition are kept in the dark, so they dont copy ideas?

C A Iversen
25-10-05, 11:35 PM
I&#39;m kinda with you on your sentiments AK, but I believe the real reason that nothing is coming out about this game is that they are soooo far behind the eight ball with it, that they are trying to avoid the RL2 scenario where they have released damn near all the info and hype, and have no actual release date to speak of even two months after they should have.

SJRL was an average game at best, and even Sanzar merely says it was a good to very good game, and he&#39;s a league nut. No offense, Sanzar.
My point is, I&#39;m beginning to think that both RL2 and MCC are not going to be all their cracked up to be, and will fill the 7 out of 10 rating area from most reviewers. No surprise then, that the high reviews so far for RL2, have been from reviewers given an exclusive trial. There&#39;s no demo out there for us to judge it on.

Instant Sidhe Release Date - Just add three months.

This is a consistent pattern, thats the only reason, I&#39;m saying what I&#39;m saying.

I know esoj will be on my case over this, but he sounds like one of their PR men anyway.

ak47
26-10-05, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 26 2005, 11:35 AM
I&#39;m kinda with you on your sentiments AK, but I believe the real reason that nothing is coming out about this game is that they are soooo far behind the eight ball with it, that they are trying to avoid the RL2 scenario where they have released damn near all the info and hype, and have no actual release date to speak of even two months after they should have.

SJRL was an average game at best, and even Sanzar merely says it was a good to very good game, and he&#39;s a league nut. No offense, Sanzar.
My point is, I&#39;m beginning to think that both RL2 and MCC are not going to be all their cracked up to be, and will fill the 7 out of 10 rating area from most reviewers. No surprise then, that the high reviews so far for RL2, have been from reviewers given an exclusive trial. There&#39;s no demo out there for us to judge it on.

Instant Sidhe Release Date - Just add three months.

This is a consistent pattern, thats the only reason, I&#39;m saying what I&#39;m saying.

I know esoj will be on my case over this, but he sounds like one of their PR men anyway.
SJRL was crap for a lateral passing oval ball game, but coz it was league it passed the test of public perception

Sanzar had the modded pc version i think, and i have heard its the goods, but if u need to mod stuff, it shouldnt be shelved in the 1st place

Console modding is impossible, thus any console versions of SJRL was frustrating to play

I am a league nut in real life, but i prefer union games as there&#39;s more variety in play.

League games for example need holding down the player at the tackle, and many other aspects (1 on 1 rakes etc) to create the variety that league sometime doesnt have.

Franchise mode is it beggest selling point

as for MCC/FDR (Sir Franklin Roservelt lol) - the online aspect and liscenses are it selling point, and i agree, anything from Sidhe, add 3 months on the initial estimated release

I know HES have alot to do with it, but seeing they never show themselves, Sidhe will cop the wrath from us

esoj
26-10-05, 12:29 AM
to bad I&#39;m not on the Sidhe payroll Eh. Sidhe don&#39;t seem to be able to win. if they had releaseed in September people would complain about the bugs etc in it and now that the game is delayed everyone is bagging them because the game is not out yet.

Same thing is happening with mcc everyone is bagging them because the november window has been missed. Sure it would have been great if they was lots of media out for the game and that it got released in november but thats not to be so move on. Sidhe are a developer and have a contract with the publisher HES. Sidhe basically only make the game HES call nearly all the media shots but because Sidhe are the ones with forums etc as ak 47 said they cop all the flak regardless if it is their fault or not.

Sidhe should be judged by the games they make not by the shots that HES call.

ak47
26-10-05, 12:57 AM
they should also get rid of HES, and start up their own promo/distribution wing.
this way they can call the shots, and even pocket more profits

CeeJay
26-10-05, 01:36 AM
When sihe are required to give and estimated release date to HES or the public or whatever, they should add three months themselves and that way the problem would disapperear. Intead of being ****** that september is missed, we would be expecting it in december and be none the wiser.

esoj
26-10-05, 03:59 AM
yeah but as soon as there is another delay people would start bagging sidhe again because they missed the december release date. There only hope is to release a game exactly on time any deviation to this and the fans will explode. until people realize that delays happen in video game development nothing will change.

ak47
26-10-05, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 26 2005, 03:59 PM
yeah but as soon as there is another delay people would start bagging sidhe again because they missed the december release date. There only hope is to release a game exactly on time any deviation to this and the fans will explode. until people realize that delays happen in video game development nothing will change.
yeah but the problem is mario saying there is no delay

he even went on his own forum and said "november is unlikely for MCC"

then in another post, someone was sledging them over their timing, and then he said "semantically speaking MCC isnt delayed" - this isnt word for word, but its basically said that

ones fact...the delay hasnt been announced officially
ones a presumption.........which is what we really want, their own take of the situation in progress

U can tell the demographics targeted

MCC/FDR fans, are alot more intelligent, and u can see that in the forum, as they corner the sidhe reps for answers, and counter upon their vague responses

And now there a betting market LMAO..very fitting with this genre

What will the MCC website update with
$5.00 on December
$3.00 on Late 2005
$1.10 on Early 2006

I am on the Early 2006...........it aint good odds, but you bet with ur brain!!

C A Iversen
26-10-05, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 26 2005, 03:59 PM

Loads of games from loads of companies get released on time nowadays. Fifa, Madden, Doom 3, Tiger Woods, Far Cry, Star Wars Battlefront, Mortal Kombat and many more either make their release date or are within a week of it.
By a huge margin games are released fairly close to release now, and there are quality titles amongst many of them, and I&#39;m not referring just to some of the titles above.

We have a right to ask for the best possible service, sure we might not help by nagging, but lets not pretend this "ongoing delay mission statement" that we seem to get is going to disappear overnight without a trace of our complaints.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
26-10-05, 06:11 AM
and what happens if Sidhe release a game on time and its filled with bugs. everyone would complain which is what happens to some ea games that are rushed out. they often have bugs in them like rugby 2004 etc. then when Sidhe delay a game to fix some problems people complain that the game isn&#39;t out but they would have complained anyway if it shipped with lots of bugs.

some games do make their required date for sure but there are plenty that get delayed as welll or release too early. delays are part of the gaming industry like it or not they do happen. whinning about the release date won&#39;t change anything at all execpt make people feel happier because they have had their say. THe game will still take just as long to make and won&#39;t suddenly magically appear out of the blue. If you don&#39;t like when Sidhe release their games then don&#39;t buy them no one is forcing you too

C A Iversen
26-10-05, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Oct 26 2005, 04:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 26 2005, 04:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Oct 26 2005, 03:59 PM
yeah but the problem is mario saying there is no delay

he even went on his own forum and said "november is unlikely for MCC"

then in another post, someone was sledging them over their timing, and then he said "semantically speaking MCC isnt delayed" - this isnt word for word, but its basically said that

ones fact...the delay hasnt been announced officially
ones a presumption.........which is what we really want, their own take of the situation in progress

U can tell the demographics targeted

MCC/FDR fans, are alot more intelligent, and u can see that in the forum, as they corner the sidhe reps for answers, and counter upon their vague responses

And now there a betting market LMAO..very fitting with this genre

What will the MCC website update with
$5.00 on December
$3.00 on Late 2005
$1.10 on Early 2006

I am on the Early 2006...........it aint good odds, but you bet with ur brain!! [/b]

Put me down for early Jan 2006.

I mean, even if it is O.K to be late as per esoj, which, to a certain exent has it&#39;s merits (bug removal and so forth), why has damn near every title been very, very late?

Why not one of them about a month late at worst? HES might be crap distributors, but come on.

SIDHE=

Soon Infinite Delays Happen Everyday. Anyone got their suggestion?

And yes, this does make me feel better.

esoj
26-10-05, 06:31 AM
I may be wrong but I think gripshift came out on time and early Sidhe games proabbly came out on time otherwise they would have never gotten to do games like gripshift and rugby league. I will say mcc news December if not a release that month.

CeeJay
26-10-05, 09:58 AM
I think the problem is, is that the release date they initially set is unrealistic. Like I said, they should over estimate by at least three months and then that will allow for debugging and approval and wotnot. Sure if there was a delay still, then it would be annoying, but it would be very unlikely. Right now we would all be looking forward to a merry christmas and we would have been none the wiser about the september RL2 delay. Heck, they could even susprise everyone and release it early. I know delays are part of the industry but after RL1 sidhe and whoever else was involved shouldve been able to foresee this with RL2 and MCC and work around it.

C A Iversen
26-10-05, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 26 2005, 09:58 PM
I think the problem is, is that the release date they initially set is unrealistic. Like I said, they should over estimate by at least three months and then that will allow for debugging and approval and wotnot. Sure if there was a delay still, then it would be annoying, but it would be very unlikely. Right now we would all be looking forward to a merry christmas and we would have been none the wiser about the september RL2 delay. Heck, they could even susprise everyone and release it early. I know delays are part of the industry but after RL1 sidhe and whoever else was involved shouldve been able to foresee this with RL2 and MCC and work around it.
I&#39;m not at all trying to steal your thunder, Ceejay, but I&#39;ve expressed exactly this opinion before. It makes so much sense it&#39;s not funny.

Mind you after maybe....three or four more late releases, it just might work that way.

So, back onto MCC, I wonder if any New Zealand tracks feature or current New Zealand gallopers? I guess I&#39;ll just have to wonder......

Speculation. It&#39;s pretty much all we can do now.

Who&#39;s up for two more months of speculation?

Mario
26-10-05, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 26 2005, 05:55 PM
Loads of games from loads of companies get released on time nowadays. Fifa, Madden, Doom 3, Tiger Woods, Far Cry, Star Wars Battlefront, Mortal Kombat and many more either make their release date or are within a week of it.
By a huge margin games are released fairly close to release now, and there are quality titles amongst many of them, and I&#39;m not referring just to some of the titles above.
Good crop of examples of games which are never delayed you got there http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

A quick scan reveals...

"Doom 3 Delayed" http://www.variousandsundry.com/?p=622
"Doom 3 Delayed Again" http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7609/DOOM-3-Delayed-Again/
"Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Delayed" http://channels.lockergnome.com/game/archi...l_delayed.phtml (http://channels.lockergnome.com/game/archives/20050207_doom_3_resurrection_of_evil_delayed.phtml )
"Far Cry Delayed" http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/news/31630.shtml
"Far Cry Instincts Delayed" http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/far-cry/528507p1.html
"Mortal Kombat Delayed" http://ps2.ign.com/articles/363/363909p1.html
"Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Delayed" http://www.gamepower.com.au/?aid=1043
"Tiger Woods DS Delayed" http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57176
"Tiger Woods 2005 Delayed" http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/1186.html

Delays more common than you think perhaps?

NZL Fan
26-10-05, 06:48 PM
Mario: any word yet on what we can expect in terms of promotion for this game??

C A Iversen
26-10-05, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 27 2005, 06:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 27 2005, 06:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Oct 26 2005, 05:55 PM
Good crop of examples of games which are never delayed you got there http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

A quick scan reveals...

"Doom 3 Delayed" http://www.variousandsundry.com/?p=622
"Doom 3 Delayed Again" http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7609/DOOM-3-Delayed-Again/
"Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Delayed" http://channels.lockergnome.com/game/archi...l_delayed.phtml (http://channels.lockergnome.com/game/archives/20050207_doom_3_resurrection_of_evil_delayed.phtml )
"Far Cry Delayed" http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/news/31630.shtml
"Far Cry Instincts Delayed" http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/far-cry/528507p1.html
"Mortal Kombat Delayed" http://ps2.ign.com/articles/363/363909p1.html
"Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Delayed" http://www.gamepower.com.au/?aid=1043
"Tiger Woods DS Delayed" http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57176
"Tiger Woods 2005 Delayed" http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/1186.html

Delays more common than you think perhaps? [/b]
Not a bad rebuttal to my arguement, Mario. Just not great. Only one of those games had a delay to the Australasian release date, which was Tiger Woods 2005. The X-Box and PC versions were out on release day. Plus the PS2 version was delayed about three weeks, I bought it. It was a few months before I bought my X-Box. I have a feeling if Tiger Woods 2003 had to be used as an example, it would have been.
I mean Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance? I bought that game back in 2003, on release day. It was the New Zealand release date that I&#39;d been advised of, and hey it can&#39;t have been delayed by more than a month in the states. How come when theres been two updates to this title, you used the 2003 version?

Doom 3 and Doom3 Ressurection of Evil on X-Box both were delayed titles and fair call on that Mario, I wasn&#39;t aware. Although in New Zealand, Doom 3 was only delayed a week, and RoE not at all.

Some of the titles I mentioned are made for many platforms, and there are bound to be delays here and there. I never said there shouldn&#39;t be. It&#39;s just that the games made by Sidhe seem to be delayed by a whole quarter. Mostly. You see I&#39;m not dealing in absolutes here and saying everything makes release date, I&#39;m just saying that the strike rate of delays for Sidhe is disproportinately high for the number of releases so far.

I respect what you do as a games developer I really do, it&#39;s just customers are always going to want something to be as close to what was descibed to them as possible.

3months for league (or who knows, could be 5, we don&#39;t have an estimate) is a huge delay, no two ways around that.

MCC, even if it comes out before christmas (I doubt it and Im sure AK does), it will be a shock to your fans. I mean really, shocked and delighted to receive a title a month and three weeks after proposed release? Thats kind of what it&#39;s coming to.

Whether it&#39;s Sony, HES, Sidhe or some other reason, I&#39;ll ask you this. How &#39;bout we all get the games on the day they are all released, and then you get the money 3 months later? It&#39;s an.....ummm......errrr.......fiscal refinancing delay. I have to iron out a few bugs in my account.....

Would it go down as well the other way?

ak47
27-10-05, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 27 2005, 09:42 AM
How &#39;bout we all get the games on the day they are all released, and then you get the money 3 months later? It&#39;s an.....ummm......errrr.......fiscal refinancing delay. I have to iron out a few bugs in my account.....

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

now that is awesome

in the whole scheme of things mario can squander anygames release date, as i am sure in 1 of the 300 odd countries this planet has, 1 of them will cop a delay

PES5 - ON TIME
MADDEN - ON TIME
TIGER WOODS - 3 DAYS DELAYED
TOP SPIN TENNIS - 1 WEEK DELAYED

Gripshift was on time - funny thats the game none of us care about, and a kind of game that deosnt replicate something of real life.

Get a grip on something else

I would have thought the really good games were more exposed to delays...the above list is the leader of their respective sports, and they all were on-time...1 week isnt really a delay....literally it is, but its not anything of my nose...but 1 QTR like RL2 and possibly MCC............now thats a joke

RL1 all over again............and RL1 was crasp at best unless it was modded....geez makes u wonder what we would have gotton if RL1 was ontime.

The bugs must be rediculous, coz juiced was delayed for corporate reasoning, and its nearly past that delay.

The thing with all this is RL2 sales will be subject to XBox360 (in the UK), and Rugby Challenge!

Seeing RL2 doesnt even have an XBOX release announced, I wonder what they plan to do about the 360 around the corner....no xbox, or xbox 6 months later, when the 360 is well and truly rolling - YEAH TOP PROJECT THIS ONE

CeeJay
27-10-05, 02:26 AM
I agree and think any developers would do well to get as much of there stuff out as possible before the xbox 360, and especially games lke RL2 etc that have a specific target audience, and in the uk at least alot of them may be throwing all their cash at the 360. And I agree they also need to look out for RC 2006, im desperate for one of these games and which ever comes first will get my time and money.

I remember when PS2 first came out, I said I wouldnt waste my money on one. Then I hired one and I could never touch Ps1 again. I bought a Ps2 a week later! The same effect could be possible with the 360.

C A Iversen
27-10-05, 03:17 AM
Yep, and why aren&#39;t we talking about MCC? Quite simple really, we want to talk about the present, not the future. We don&#39;t even have an estimate. All the "delays" that Mario told us about other titles a page back? Well, at least other companies generally give an estimated time of arrival. RL2 isn&#39;t even capable of nailing it down to a 6 week time-frame.

Everything is "confidential", and we can&#39;t be told unless some clause is broken. God knows how we ever find out news in the final month of other titles prior to their release.

At the moment, if it wasn&#39;t for complaining, we&#39;d have nothing to do on this site.

Would it be impossible for Mario to give us a "fact of the day" on either title?

Got my crystal ball out, let&#39;s see..........Ffaacccttt offf tthhheee ddaaayyy nummberr 1 from Marriooo "There hass beeennn annotthherrr unexpeccctted delaaaayyy, eevvveerryyyonnee"

Hmm, this crystal ball works great. Shall I lend it to Sidhe? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 04:48 AM
Mario is here so i won&#39;t carry on as I want to.

Also mario could you please read the Make Your Own Game!! and Lattimorx Industries in the other games forum.

Mario
27-10-05, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 27 2005, 09:42 AM
Not a bad rebuttal to my arguement, Mario. Just not great.

You have a very skewed view of release dates. Most titles are released in the US first, and by the time they come out here at a later date any delays have avoided being communicated to the local public.

Your info is also wrong. Doom 3 for example was delayed for over a year beyond their initial estimates communicated in the US. Just because your local game store didn&#39;t advertise a release date until after one had been confirmed doesn&#39;t mean it wasn&#39;t delayed.

In any case, given the list of titles you provided and 3 minutes searching the internet I found most of the franchises you had mentioned were delayed in some way. When over half of the exaples you provide are not flawless in their delivery, thats a pretty compelling argument to suggest delays are more common than you think. Type "ps2 delayed" into Google and you will come up to a truckload of games which have been, many from top tier developers and publishers. And if they are susceptible to delays, why shouldn&#39;t we be being the "crappy" developer that many here are happy to label us as.

From day one we are pressured to provide a release day, even though things are highly variable for a number of reasons. We get criticised for not providing a "date to look forward to" early in the process. We get criticised for being wrong in our early estimates. We get criticised for delaying the game to improve things to our satisfaction. We get criticised for not delaying the game long enough in order to improve things further. Damned if you do, damned if you don&#39;t.

And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time.

As for getting the money 3 months early, well, EB or whoever has your money not Sidhe or HES. If you decide to preorder thats your decision.

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 05:03 AM
Good call, if you preorder though sometimes they lose data if it has been wating for so long. It has happened to me! Also you may be interested to know that the Official Playstation2 Magasine says the game is out now. Obviously you allowed them to review it but did you know they would give people a false release date?

Mario
27-10-05, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 27 2005, 05:03 PM
Good call, if you preorder though sometimes they lose data if it has been wating for so long. It has happened to me! Also you may be interested to know that the Official Playstation2 Magasine says the game is out now. Obviously you allowed them to review it but did you know they would give people a false release date?
Yeah, I was a bit surprised by that. They did the review after the delay was announced.

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 06:12 AM
Wow dodgy... i do buy the mag occaisonally but couldn&#39;t that be taken as false advertising. Or advertising of the release date that was not permitted. Also they have Rugby League 2 as game of the month - obviously pretty special for you, but it hasn&#39;t been released yet and they have got comps where they give away game of the month. Clearly there will be a delay in the shipping out to winners by OPS2 and winners will get to be annoyed. You have to give them permission to review your game don&#39;t you? So did they consult about the Game of the Month comp thing? Or don&#39;t they need to?

esoj
27-10-05, 06:18 AM
I don&#39;t think they do jacko. once they got permission to run comp/get a free copy they can do what they like with it and send it off as fast they like. obviously if the game isn&#39;t out yet when the winner are announced then they will just have to wait a bit longer like the rest of us. As for saying the game is out that is interesting if they knew the game was delayed. may have just been mis understanding or someone screwed up by mistake.

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 06:22 AM
It didn&#39;t seem to be a screw up as they mentioned it more than once in the magasine.

kaftka
27-10-05, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 27 2005, 06:18 PM
I don&#39;t think they do jacko. once they got permission to run comp/get a free copy they can do what they like with it and send it off as fast they like. obviously if the game isn&#39;t out yet when the winner are announced then they will just have to wait a bit longer like the rest of us. As for saying the game is out that is interesting if they knew the game was delayed. may have just been mis understanding or someone screwed up by mistake.
Much like Scrap Metal: The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulator (http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3627).

C A Iversen
27-10-05, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM
And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time.
How does it screw up the retail end of things one way and not the other? I work in retail as a purchasing officer. I didn&#39;t just make that up, it&#39;s in my profile. If an upcoming product is released early by six months, that would be too far ahead of schedule to slot into our head office&#39;s marketing planning, but no one has suggested over-estimating by that much.

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don&#39;t know.

I do know that you seem to be having major difficulties at the moment, with your title, either in final development or production. I understand that this is obviously a hard job, with more involved than I know.

I find it irritating though, that we are asked to understand your position, but a little acknowledgement from you of our position seem too hard to deliver.

Unless something significant happens, I&#39;m wasting my time obviously. This thread is pretty much redundant if absolutely 0% info is coming untill we are fortunate/unfortunate enough to find the title on the shelf.
I hope the last 6-7 weeks aren&#39;t an indicator of what we find on the disc when we shell out our hard-earned for it.

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 06:38 AM
May i point out that this thread is about MCC not RL2. It seems like it will be a good game from what we&#39;ve heard, but of course the mthod of hiring it first is best.

Mario
27-10-05, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM

And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time.*

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don&#39;t know.[/b]

It would be majorly detrimental given the lead times required on product catalogues, short life span on shelves, timing of preorder and promotional campaigns.

By your own admission there would be issues if it arrived earlier than 8 weeks. People on these forums are advocating 12 weeks "buffer".

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 06:39 AM
Or mario can provide us all with free copies because we have been wating so patiently...

kaftka
27-10-05, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 27 2005, 06:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 27 2005, 06:39 PM)</div>

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM

And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time.*

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don&#39;t know.

It would be majorly detrimental given the lead times required on product catalogues, short life span on shelves, timing of preorder and promotional campaigns.

By your own admission there would be issues if it arrived earlier than 8 weeks. People on these forums are advocating 12 weeks "buffer". [/b]
Just like to say two things, neither in direct relation with this quote...

Firstly, I think it&#39;s fairly safe to say that Mario knows a lot more about this sort of situation than any of us. And he seems to make a lot of sense on the matter. It may not seem fair or whatnot, but it&#39;s not worth biting his head off. I&#39;m sure most of us are grateful of him coming here and informing us etc....Even if it is frustrating at times...

esoj
27-10-05, 06:52 AM
we wish jacko we wish. This thread is about mcc but lots of what happened with rl 2 with regards to promotion release dates etc is/mabye applicable to mcc as well. Sidhe I think are still a relatively small team so creating things like trailers etc for multiple games at once could be a challenge with the personel and resources they have. they also have a contract with Hes which also limits the amount of information they can give out and when they can give it out. If Sidhe were like ea I am sure we would see not only more information earlier but a lot more of it as well

CeeJay
27-10-05, 10:08 AM
I think if sidhe are that small then shouldnt they be cocentraing on one thing at a time?

I dont think anyones trying to have a go at Mario or sidhe personally, its just the frustration of the delay, and with him being active on the forums people will vent their frustration in his direction. When the games out im sure it will be complements all round, and i think Mario would expect and accept this, as its just part of the business.

Mr. Laxative
27-10-05, 10:11 AM
personally having a go? i&#39;m quite sure los has already done that, we gentle folk at lattimorx will be providing councelling for both Mario and Los if it is wanted.

esoj
27-10-05, 10:31 AM
Sidhe obiviously have a reasonable team to make rl 2 mcc and gripshift almost at the same time but its the extra things that they may not be able to cope with like trailers etc. this is where a larger company like EA can just churn it out where Sidhe is more foucsed on the game with the resources and staff they have. Sure Hes do some promo/ marketing work but Sidhe still have to produce large amounts of the media for that eg screenshot etc. I guess because mario and Sidhe are out in the public on forums etc they are bound to cop flak rightly or wrongly. I think rl2 will be awesome going by the gameplay footage and what people have said about it. I think mcc will be great as well and hopefully the wait for that like rl2 will be worth it

C A Iversen
27-10-05, 11:30 AM
Well, I&#39;ve decided to abandon my frustration, (which has of course been obvious this last week or so) and just talk about whatever I can think to say about the games themselves. It&#39;s probably not been helping anyway, and I really don&#39;t want to **** Mario off. I&#39;d think by now he knows my feelings at least, and at the end of the day, he&#39;d bring it out tomorrow if he could, but he can&#39;t and I&#39;m just going to live with it.
I still think it should be one of Sidhe&#39;s top objectives to prevent these kind of issues with future releases, and I reckon most of us would breathe a little easier to at least know it was on their "must do" list. Thats about all on that really.

So, if your out there Mario, are there likely to be any classic horses in MCC? Phar Lap, Makybe Diva etc, etc?

(Please no "neither confirm or deny")

CeeJay
27-10-05, 09:04 PM
I dont know about creating video footage, but of you hav RL2 on pc u can can just print screen. In half an hour u could hav 20 diff screens ready to go, its that simple isnt it? and for game play footage we dont need any catchy adds like that first "rugby league has evolved" thing, raw footage is better. Now like I said, I dont really know but wouldnt it be as simple as taking screens, just hitting record for ten minutes, saving it as a windows media file and voila! I think it would be easy for anyone at sidhe to belt hese things out, so I think they must be bound from doing so by something in their contract with HES or whoever.

CeeJay
27-10-05, 09:07 PM
Jacko, I dont think Los lover is personally hateful towards Mario, hes just trying to shake things up all the time.

NZL Fan
27-10-05, 09:52 PM
I think we should perhaps leave this thread until some news on MCC eventually filters through.............(one day)

Obviously people are very frustrated, but there are other related threads you can vent that frustration in.

Hell, I&#39;m certain Mario is frustrated with HES himself (all he has really said in the past was that he was "disappointed" in the English promotion of RL1), but he is not about to "bite the hand that feeds him" is he??

CeeJay
28-10-05, 10:36 AM
Well I have to take that back it seems like Los has Lost his cool, damn, he called Mario wogboy. thats plain naaasty

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 10:37 AM
Yes it sure is!

CeeJay
28-10-05, 10:50 AM
Jeez Jacko your posting like a madman tonight!

esoj
28-10-05, 11:04 AM
this thread should be locked as mario is highly unlikely to post in here again. maybe it could be left open as a general info thread which people will now have to get off the Sidhe forums and post here thanks in part to Los Lover and his derailing of threads that caused mario to leave. hope everyone is happy with the outcome of mario leaving as now lots of people on this forum may miss out on mcc info unless they either visit the Sidhe forums or someone posts the info here

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 11:07 AM
yes a good idea, or it could be locked and kept as a reminder of what bad behaviour on this site can cause.

ak47
30-10-05, 11:04 PM
dont worry guys anything i find on this game, or any other game that may interest the TRF members... I will be posting the links, or info

like the xbox 360 ea sports updates

it isnt detremental that mario isnt here anymore

anything that is public knowledge can be found anywhere on the web

its a matter of knowing where to go, and most of us already know this

anyways there will be talk of the new G1 Jockey soon

I find it hard to fathom that the interest of horse racing genre on this forum as grown ONLY because Sidhe are now developing a horse racing game.

Before Sidhe announced their title, anything G1 jockey or Gallop racer would NOT last a single page
MCC/FDR hasnt even got a sentence of info, yet has 3 pages of talk (speculation) about it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

FOR ALL YOUR HORSE RACING GAMING NEEDS

GO TO: http://pub18.ezboard.com/bgallopracerseries

ENJOY http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ak47
30-10-05, 11:54 PM
FROM THE SIDHE FORUM:

Hey all just providing some feedback after i played the demo to this game at the vic derby at flemington on saturday courtesy of an xbox set up which allowed demo&#39;s 4 a few games. In my drunken state i noticed a few things which may answer some questions:

In the demo version "real horses" were not evident and they were made up names.

There were however plenty of real tracks with all the features.

The graphics seemed ok but the riding style seemed more like gallop racer rather than G1 jockey but stil good. at first it was hard but after a few runs it became easier but still very challenging. The racing screen was ok to. It involved a target speed which helps you pace your horse and you have to try maintain your speed with it&#39;s line.

I gathered some info from the Xbox rep who said this game should be out in december but whether he was sure or not is another thing. He also added that you shall be able to name your own horses when you breed them.

Hope it helps some ppl in understanding what to expect. Overall it seems ok and I will be purchasing it. Anyone else who has played this demo may be also able to fill you in on more info as i didnt notice if they used real jockey names or trainer names and there was a lack of sound at this setup but quite sure i didnt hear any commentary.

esoj
31-10-05, 02:08 AM
ok well Hes have said they were working on liceneses so maybe some of those might include real horses name. I don&#39;t know much about horse racing games so will rely on the astute judgment of ak 47 with regards that the riding style is like gallop racer. Cool can name your own horse that will be laugh especially onlinne when you see esoj lighting at the rear of the field lol

ak47
31-10-05, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 31 2005, 03:08 PM
Cool can name your own horse that will be laugh especially onlinne when you see esoj lighting at the rear of the field lol
both Gallop Racer and G1 Jockey games have good racing styles

as long as this is similar its all good........u couldnt really have it any other way, except more in depth options during the race like using heels and knees, which havent been implmented before http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
31-10-05, 02:16 AM
ah cheers ak for that. maybe next version for heels and knees until then I guess it just down to pacing yourself well and using the whip http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ak47
31-10-05, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 31 2005, 03:16 PM
ah cheers ak for that. maybe next version for heels and knees until then I guess it just down to pacing yourself well and using the whip http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
yeah i have a list of what these games need

Steeple
Falls, and bumps, resulting in tragic rides, and steward enquiries, which leeds to suspension, and protests etc
heels and knees
full blown betting ring with every option as per real life
option to geld males at 3yrs, or send them to root/breed
u need to be the jockey, the trainer and the owner all in one...cant have modes that separate them

NZL Fan
31-10-05, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Oct 31 2005, 03:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 31 2005, 03:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Oct 31 2005, 03:08 PM
Cool can name your own horse that will be laugh especially onlinne* when you see esoj lighting at the rear of the field lol

as long as this is similar its all good........u couldnt really have it any other way, except more in depth options during the race like using heels and knees, which havent been implmented before http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif [/b]
The only thing G1 jockey has over gallop racer is the actual racing part - to me it is more enjoyable, balanced and addictive............

.....so I am a little disappointed to read that it seems to be more Gallop racer style in this department.

esoj
31-10-05, 03:14 AM
well I wouldn&#39;t know as I haven&#39;t played either game. Ak defintely have to be the trainer jockey and onwer its like being the coach/manger and controlling the team in rugby or soccer games. steeples would be interesting to have in and imagine the laughs online when someone mistimes the jump and falls off their horse lol.

ak47
31-10-05, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Oct 31 2005, 04:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Oct 31 2005, 04:04 PM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 31 2005, 03:13 PM
Cool can name your own horse that will be laugh especially onlinne* when you see esoj lighting at the rear of the field lol

as long as this is similar its all good........u couldnt really have it any other way, except more in depth options during the race like using heels and knees, which havent been implmented before http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
The only thing G1 jockey has over gallop racer is the actual racing part - to me it is more enjoyable, balanced and addictive............

.....so I am a little disappointed to read that it seems to be more Gallop racer style in this department. [/b]
if you take away the gallop racer ARCADE abilities, GR is alot better IMO

the only good thing about G1 was the &#39;bit&#39;

the fact whipping served next to no purpose sucked

esoj
31-10-05, 04:52 AM
aw got to have good whipping action that works. hopefully mcc has whipping at least.

mikeeboy
31-10-05, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by NZL fan+Oct 31 2005, 04:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Oct 31 2005, 04:04 PM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 31 2005, 03:13 PM

.....so I am a little disappointed to read that it seems to be more Gallop racer style in this department. [/b]
I&#39;m in the G1 Jockey camp. Great race sequence, spot on AI and really addictive week by week gameplay. I want this game with accurately modelled courses with an accurate representation of the UK (selfish I know) racing calendar. This together with an equally realistically implemented National Hunt part of the game.

Imagine a G1 Jockey version of the Grand National at Aintree. Will it ever happen in my gaming lifetime?

ak47
31-10-05, 08:49 PM
Well I have been liasing with HES

Hi All

As the big race that stops the nation begins tomorrow, will we see this
title on the shelves?

If not, would you kindly provide a timeframe, or estimated window of
release

kind rgds

Hello,

At this stage we are expecting the game to be available early in the new
year.

Regards,

Product Support
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd

SHOCKING http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

CeeJay
31-10-05, 10:33 PM
Are you really shocked?

esoj
31-10-05, 10:54 PM
that is bit disappointing that the game won&#39;t be out this year. wonder if anything will get mentioned about the delay until next year. maybe this means rl 2 is defintely coming out in december and not november.

ak47
31-10-05, 11:45 PM
From the Sidhe forum

Played the demo Myself and these are the following tracks I played

flemington (i played the 1000m straight track)
moonee valley
caulfeild
warwick farm
randwick
rosehill
canterbury

and noticed many other tracks

royal ascot
sandown (not sure melbourne one or overseas)
a track called brisbane park
+ many more

plus about 4- to 5 others that could be unlocked I noticed Dubai was one of them

The jockey graphics were more gallop racer style but the graphics of the tracks were absolutely awesome, they had sponsors and everything.

They have the prices (eg 9-1 , 11-1) and the weight the horse will carry (eg 49.0kg, 52.5kg) , the xbox lady told me within the next 4 weeks as it has had a very good resonse.

Couldnt hear if it was commentary as the radio was being played

I will be outlaying my money on it.

COMMENTARY IS CONFIRMED...........FROM MARIO

THIS SOUNDS WAY TOO GOOD

C A Iversen
01-11-05, 12:50 AM
Great work AK.

You are bringing in more info on this title, than we&#39;ve had from actual representation. I&#39;m not trying to bring up anything negative.

It&#39;s just true.

esoj
01-11-05, 05:01 AM
yeah nice ak mate i saw that on my visit to the sidhe forums. sounds like the tracks will be awesome and that there is plenty of them.

ak47
04-11-05, 01:27 AM
MORE DEMO FEEDBACK...........from Sidhe forums

Gday All,
I played the demo at oaks day yesterday and it was hard to play because my eyes were on all the fillies with nothing on walking past, In between drinks just had about 3 races down the flemington straight and found it hard but didnt really know the controls.

The rep said once you know the controls it is a pretty good game but then again thats his job.

The jumping out of the barriers was very different to the other games it was like a moving bar with red,green,yellow i think and had to press it somehow in the green area.

In closing very happy with what i saw and will be buying this game

SOUNDING BETTER AS EACH DAY PASSES http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

esoj
04-11-05, 09:38 AM
sounds good and worth the wait into the new year for it

ak47
08-11-05, 12:46 AM
Apparantly this game will be a good mix of both G1 jockey and Gallop Racer

The racing element involves, positioning, stamina, and potential, as quoted by Mario on sidhe forums

You can create your own horse - whether this involves breeding with parents and crossing etc, I dunno, but u can create and race them thru to retirement

top gun
15-11-05, 12:33 AM
Any idea what races you can compete in

Obviously the Melbourne Cup, but what about the Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup, The Derby.

Axl_Rose
24-11-05, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by top gun@Nov 15 2005, 01:33 PM
Any idea what races you can compete in

Obviously the Melbourne Cup, but what about the Cox Plate, Caulfield Cup, The Derby.
From FAQ

Does Melbourne Cup Challenge feature real races?

Yes, key races such as the Melbourne Cup, the Golden Slipper, and the Cox Plate are incorporated in to the racing calendar of season mode.

Looks great and with an online mode I will buying it for sure.

top gun
25-11-05, 12:19 AM
sweet, sounds like they&#39;ve covered all the bases on this one.

cant wait

Parore
22-12-05, 03:50 AM
I think this is one of those games that will get 20 sales tops as who wants to race horses.

Unless it is like V8 Supercars 3 which has a big rance of vehicles from dune buggies to V8 Cars to Forumula 1 cars to drive, unless this game has dog racing, ability to race your grandma in a harness or something like that it just wont have any appeal.

Sidhe should have made a boxing game. I would buy a good boxing game on PC.

ak47
22-12-05, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Parore@Dec 22 2005, 04:50 PM
I think this is one of those games that will get 20 sales tops as who wants to race horses.

Unless it is like V8 Supercars 3 which has a big rance of vehicles from dune buggies to V8 Cars to Forumula 1 cars to drive, unless this game has dog racing, ability to race your grandma in a harness or something like that it just wont have any appeal.

if they dont make an NTSC version u have a point, but in Japan and USA there&#39;s more $$ in this than RL2, and Gripshift combined, for the sidhe clan.

Especially with Online........Online horse racing is MASSIVE

With Gallop Racer, u can send ur memory card into many websites, and they will upload ur created breeds into the databse and have virtual online racing carnivals u can watch on the web, and wtach ur created beast go up against the rest of the world.............online will eliminate sending in the ur memory card, which impacts hugely on numbers coz not many people would send their $40.00 card to Mr Joe Blow random whom hosts these things on the web.

esoj
22-12-05, 05:23 AM
horse racing is huge in the states and japan so sidhes could proabbly make a decent bit out of it through sales. I haven&#39;t really followed the horse racing scene but seems like sidhe could be the first with online racing. they may not get many sales here in nz but overseas they should make a fair bit

Ripper
22-12-05, 06:37 PM
Thats IF they release it in the States and Japan.

And even then, They dont have the brand name or the money to get some advertising going in America so me thinks its a PAL region only game... although they may get it into Japland.

Parore
22-12-05, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ak47+Dec 22 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 22 2005, 06:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Parore@Dec 22 2005, 04:50 PM

if they dont make an NTSC version u have a point, but in Japan and USA there&#39;s more $$ in this than RL2, and Gripshift combined, for the sidhe clan.

Especially with Online........Online horse racing is MASSIVE

With Gallop Racer, u can send ur memory card into many websites, and they will upload ur created breeds into the databse and have virtual online racing carnivals u can watch on the web, and wtach ur created beast go up against the rest of the world.............online will eliminate sending in the ur memory card, which impacts hugely on numbers coz not many people would send their $40.00 card to Mr Joe Blow random whom hosts these things on the web. [/b]
Horse Racing is not a traditional sport like Rugby League.

Its like at Sky City Casino if you take away the gambling and just have slot machines where you play for fun no one would go there. Horse Racing and Harness Racing is only fun because you put some money on it and therefore are obliged to cheer a horse over the line.

So unless Sidhe have online horse racing where you can bet money with your credit card like the gambling software or poker software, I doubt it would be successful.
I just cant see old arabian men in their 40&#39;s who love horse racing going and buying this game to play against their mates.

ak47
22-12-05, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Parore@Dec 23 2005, 10:49 AM
So unless Sidhe have online horse racing where you can bet money with your credit card like the gambling software or poker software, I doubt it would be successful.
I just cant see old arabian men in their 40&#39;s who love horse racing going and buying this game to play against their mates.
well anyone can setup prizemoney for the online tournies...its just a amtter of sponsorship, which is just a matter of getting participants

And for the record, the Arabian men u refer to DONT BET.
U cannot bet in Dubai, in which horse racing is the #1 sport..........so its not always about betting.......

You&#39;d be surprised how many FANS of horse racing there is as opposed to how many PUNTERS there is.............people turn up for the love, and not a cent in the pocket to bet

and proof of the fact that online will make a difference is that, they ALREADY have these online virtual carnivals - without prizemoney

For sidhe its a matter of cracking the japanese market..they are horse racing nuts, video game nuts - if they combined the two, and the japs are satisfied with the system, get ready for a new wave of gaming - am talking about online tournoes with prizemoney higher than ur avg NPC players salary..and these guys push buttons - the japs are nuts and will FUND it all the way to the bank

ak47
05-01-06, 01:23 AM
I have re-emailed HES

Got some bad news.............this is shocking, in regards to sticking to a schedule

Hi,

It is looking like a 2nd quarter release (this year).

Nothing firm yet. Sorry

Best Regards,

Well what can I say

Winter Cup Challenge here we come...........3 seasons after Spring http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

C A Iversen
05-01-06, 06:01 AM
AK, I&#39;m feeling your pain too. That&#39;s beyond crap.

Anyway, as far as I&#39;m concerned they can take til the next Melbourne Cup if they want (and probably will) now, as long as they make a game that works.

In the mean time, as a novice to horse race videogaming, what do I buy as my first title?

I was going to hold out for Melbourne Cup Challenge, but not now. I may as well begin with a good title.

I&#39;m quite keen to play one where there&#39;s also a mode that me and my mates can have a few bets on a Saturday night and compete against each other to see who makes the most money. Is there one out there that does what Sidhe&#39;s one is supposed to and have a betting party type feature?

ak47
05-01-06, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 5 2006, 07:01 PM

Anyway, as far as I&#39;m concerned they can take til the next Melbourne Cup if they want (and probably will) now, as long as they make a game that works.

In the mean time, as a novice to horse race videogaming, what do I buy as my first title?

I was going to hold out for Melbourne Cup Challenge, but not now. I may as well begin with a good title.

I&#39;m quite keen to play one where there&#39;s also a mode that me and my mates can have a few bets on a Saturday night and compete against each other to see who makes the most money. Is there one out there that does what Sidhe&#39;s one is supposed to and have a betting party type feature?
any of the Gallop Racer series mate...the latest is #3 (in pal regions anyway)

it has a free mode, where u and mates can race or even simulate AI horses, and bet hypothetically, like poker chips, or petty cash

u can bet in the game in career mode, but thats just 1 player

there&#39;s plenty of new upcoming horse title on the horizon

Gallop Racer 8 (or something like that) is due out in japan soon, which will be #4 for us.
Also G1 Jockey 4 is also in the works.
Sidhe/HES will have some stiff competition if they dont hurry up.

C A Iversen
05-01-06, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ak47+Jan 6 2006, 08:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 6 2006, 08:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Jan 5 2006, 07:01 PM

it has a free mode, where u and mates can race or even simulate AI horses, and bet hypothetically, like poker chips, or petty cash

Gallop Racer 8 (or something like that) is due out in japan soon, which will be #4 for us.
Sidhe/HES will have some stiff competition if they dont hurry up. [/b]

Cool, thanks!

I&#39;ve just checked out the gamesman and they&#39;ve only got gallop racer 2 and "at the races - gallop racer". Either of those any good?

ak47
05-01-06, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 6 2006, 10:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 6 2006, 10:10 AM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 6 2006, 08:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Jan 5 2006, 07:01 PM

Sidhe/HES will have some stiff competition if they dont hurry up.

Cool, thanks!

I&#39;ve just checked out the gamesman and they&#39;ve only got gallop racer 2 and "at the races - gallop racer". Either of those any good? [/b]
Gallop Racer 2 is the sequal to &#39;at the races&#39;.........thus is better

IMO are the best horse racing games around.
Unlike G1 Jockey, u train, race, breed and bet, and the amount of tracks and races are huge

The downside to these game is that they have the japanese feel to it...cartoony characters and shocking music............but being japanese made, means the gameplay is very good, deep, and complex with certain racing styles and horses abilites down the home stretch.

Has a good tutorial for the 1st timers of horse racing games, so you wont be scratching you head for hours once u load it up.

woosaah
19-05-06, 02:01 AM
http://p083.ezboard.com/fgallopracerseries...tart=-19&stop=0 (http://p083.ezboard.com/fgallopracerseriesfrm212.showMessageRange?topicID= 42.topic&start=-19&stop=0)

here you go, finally some more info on this.

i dont think it will be out before last years mebourne cup (like it was meant to :D)

ak47
19-05-06, 04:01 AM
yeah i have basically given up on this title

got a 360 now and sidhe/hes forecasting is like picking the end of the world

there&#39;s no falls or enquiries either

apparantly the budget didnt cater for it..............

when it finally comes out i will buy it.............but i aint fishing for info, coz its even worse than NRL2 is getting info prior to release.

that link woosaah is to JimCougars racing world site..............good stuff there mate, so people can browse a real updated informatic site

the best and only site for horse racing games.........even has more info than the official sidhe site

some of the pics in the game though look real pleasing - seeing some of the aussie tracks made me feel like i had a ticket in my hand ready to fill out and chuck in the machine and grab a beer and watch the race :)

Candyman
24-05-06, 07:44 AM
Please tell me as i am curious to know how do you actually play this game eg controlling the horse or making him run etc

woosaah
24-05-06, 07:52 AM
no1 knows as its not out :P

Candyman
24-05-06, 08:24 AM
there must be more than one horse racing game out what about the other ones i was just meaning horse racing games in general

woosaah
24-05-06, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Candyman@May 24 2006, 08:44 PM
Please tell me as i am curious to know how do you actually play this game eg controlling the horse or making him run etc
Sorry i thought you meant this game

ak47
25-05-06, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Candyman@May 24 2006, 07:44 PM
the horses run automatically at a minimal speed

its up to the player to get the horse into ideal position - front/mid/back - by increasing/decreasing the speed in increments

once horse in ideal position - stamina is generated - the longer ur horse in ideal position - the more stamina u have left by the home stretch to make your final sprint

if u never get ur horse into ideal position u wont have any fuel left in the tank, and will limp home

each horse has an ideal position - like real life some horse like to come from behind, and some like to lead

whilst all this is going on u can turn ur horse left n right to weave thru the field or stay on the rail when the track has a bend

most horse racing titles use this formula and this one will do aswell

Candyman
25-05-06, 05:12 AM
Hey thanks for clearing that up.

It sounds like its going to be a worth while game to look at

ak47
26-05-06, 03:49 AM
This puppy is coming along very nice indeed

check out the link from woosaahs post

some great pics coming thru - the liscencing is really setting this one apart from other titles..........looking at the pics it feels like i am at the TAB/Pub having a bet.........all i need is teletext :P

Arnold Rimmer
30-05-06, 12:24 AM
So can we actually just sit back and have a betting competition amongst some mates, without the need to do any racing.

I&#39;d be happy with just reading the form guide, choosing how much money to spend and which nag to put it in, er on.

ak47
30-05-06, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@May 30 2006, 12:24 PM
So can we actually just sit back and have a betting competition amongst some mates, without the need to do any racing.

I&#39;d be happy with just reading the form guide, choosing how much money to spend and which nag to put it in, er on.
Correct RIMMER - big Arnie you :P

There&#39;s a betting party mode - Where u and a large bunch of punters can select the amount of races to watch

Apparantly according to Mario anyways - the viewing is near 100% of actual racing camera&#39;s - ie the far zoom and fixed camera all the way around the track

You can bet on the standard win/place/quin/tri etc etc

I guess u can set a limit of betting capital for each player, and the winner (all winning bets added up over the selected race count) after all the races have been raced is the PUNTER OF PUNTERS

Sounds like a good way to get some mates around for beer and bragging rights

Also u can create many horse, and as such - u can re-create great races of the past with the real horses - ie if u have the time create the best 20 horses of all time - chuck em into the Cox Plate 2020 WFA - and see whom wins - which will be subject to the abilbities u give these created horses

Or u can just step into the betting party, and punt on CPU generated randoms

:cheers: :bleh!: :bravo:

Mario
19-06-06, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ak47@May 30 2006, 01:01 PM
Apparantly according to Mario anyways - the viewing is near 100% of actual racing camera&#39;s - ie the far zoom and fixed camera all the way around the track
The cameras are a mix of real life race cameras as well as cinematic cameras to help enhance the action.

dobrien7
19-06-06, 06:49 AM
Excuse the possibly dumb question, but when is it released or is it already out?

woosaah
19-06-06, 07:31 AM
comming soon...

C A Iversen
19-06-06, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 19 2006, 06:49 PM
Excuse the possibly dumb question, but when is it released or is it already out?
Dave, if you&#39;d only been here when Mario was last about you wouldn&#39;t ask those kind of questions! :lol:

Good to see you back Mario, I mean that. I hope this game is a roaring success and well made, will wait and see though. It&#39;d be good to show you that we&#39;re not all negative towards Sidhe round here, and praise this game on release. We&#39;re just all cautious, is all.

I&#39;m looking forward to renting this. If it&#39;s good I&#39;ll buy it.

I&#39;d get censored on the Sidhe forums for that view tho. :P

dobrien7
19-06-06, 10:51 AM
Charge -For being thick as pig**** in public
Verdict - Guilty!

I got so excited about this game I couldn&#39;t read the rest of the thread from shaking with anticipation, how soon is soon? :P

Seriously I&#39;m looking forward to it, can envisage many enjoyable &#39;meetings&#39; at the &#39;tote&#39; with mates...

woosaah
19-06-06, 10:19 PM
at one stage it was set to be released in november 2005 now the website just says comming 2006

http://www.melbournecupchallenge.com/

doesnt say anything about it though O.o you can get some cool screenshots and wallpaper :D

woosaah
21-06-06, 02:02 AM
there is going to be footage of this game on TV1 in new zealand on Friday 23 June on close up according to Mario.

will be good if it is there :) hopefully i remember and catch it

C A Iversen
21-06-06, 07:06 AM
I&#39;ll keep an eye out for it Woosaah. Hopefully they&#39;ll say if it&#39;s in the home straight!

woosaah
21-06-06, 09:49 PM
aparently they are playing the finished product, if its finished why is there no release date O.o i should link to the site but i cant be assed

C A Iversen
21-06-06, 10:02 PM
Can&#39;t be assed?

You sure you don&#39;t work for Sidhe? :lol:

esoj
22-06-06, 01:15 AM
I am the only one here that works for sidhe remember.

sidhe cop a lot of flak for decisions that rely on their publisher hes.
the game was originally going to come out november/december last year but then hes were able to get more licenses etc for the game which meant a delay to the game of several months. during this time sidhe were coping a lot of flak from fans on their offical forums for delaying the game.

as to when the game actually releases who knows but it mainly comes down to hes and not sidhe.

C A Iversen
22-06-06, 01:35 AM
Although if Sidhe explained themselves better, I know that I (at least) would be more patient.

It&#39;s the whole "we don&#39;t have to tell you" sounding responses that have put most people off.

woosaah
22-06-06, 02:10 AM
i could work for sidhe, i do live in wellington

i have applied for a testing job O.o but no i dont work for them and doubt i ever will

C A Iversen
23-06-06, 01:52 AM
So, is there supposed to be news on this, in tonight&#39;s edition of Close Up on tv one?

esoj
23-06-06, 02:25 AM
well they will show footage of the game hopefully and ask a few questions. seems to be still on track

C A Iversen
23-06-06, 02:32 AM
"on track".....I get it esoj, you punster you. :P

woosaah
23-06-06, 03:49 AM
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread....ed=1#post361121 (http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?p=361121&posted=1#post361121)

if i remember ill record it and chuck it on youtube or something

woosaah
24-06-06, 12:52 PM
i didnt see it at all, but i missed the first few minutes O.o

C A Iversen
25-06-06, 11:26 PM
Saw the first 10 minutes myself and there was nothing on then. I don&#39;t think it was even on the whole show.

Oh well, if you hear of it at some other time, let me know. :D

woosaah
26-06-06, 01:06 AM
yeah tuesday now they bumped it for a house full of xmas crap

C A Iversen
26-06-06, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 01:06 PM
Saw that. Those people were insane. Almost as bad as dobrien7. :P

dobrien7
26-06-06, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jun 26 2006, 01:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 01:06 PM
Saw that. Those people were insane. Almost as bad as dobrien7. :P [/b]
Hey! Haven&#39;t seen it but can only assume you&#39;re right...

C A Iversen
09-07-06, 08:59 AM
So, anybody heard anymore of this enigmatic game?

ak47
16-07-06, 11:59 PM
nothing to report.........nothing new anyways

"no release date is set"

being a horse racing game - they cant really go wrong here, unless the racing mechanics are stuffed

there arent many horse racing titles out there, so we arent used to a certain dynamic, thus Sidhe could deliver a decent title, worthy of local status.

it wont matter how bad this game plays for me.......i love my horse racing and nothing would own me more than rounding that bend at randwick with the city skyline in the background, and hopefully the SCG lights

i just want it already - a years patience is very patient

ak47
19-07-06, 03:10 AM
:o :o :bravo: :cheers: :bana:

FARKIN HUGE DEVLOPMENTS

CHECK THIS FROM SIDHE/MARIOS HOUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Xcpg4YMSo

I copied this post of mine from Sidhe forums...i aint writing it twice....this game will turn some heads

Ok.........I am now sweating in excitement

I thought that was real life footage in the 1st half of the video - the screen behind you

Then the game comes up, and its the game

I couldnt believe the realistic movements in the shoulders of the horses, then I saw the WETA digital thing - I dont think anyother horse game has done this, but a big issue for me was that the horses all ran the same and seemed a little fake.....................NOT IN THE THIS MCC PUPPY

The sound aswell - cracking whips, the thoroughbred thunder

The animation of the final bend - heads turning, and did i see divots?

Deadset........ the 10 yrs thing wont matter............I&#39;d buy this for one race...The Melbourne Cup.....just the way it looked, i thought it was 10am Saturday morning on Sky

Brilliant stuff this - Where to I copy before release.......pm me ur details and I&#39;ll wire transfer ASAP

I dunno if many people have seen this video, but the horse animations are life like.........LIFELIKE..........squint ur eyes and u wont tell the difference, seriously commendable animation done there.

ALL I AM GOING TO SAY IS WOW :cheers: :bravo: :D

C A Iversen
19-07-06, 03:20 AM
You beauty! I can&#39;t look right now as I&#39;m at work, but I&#39;ll always take your word for it AK.

This is going to rock, and hard!

dobrien7
19-07-06, 08:29 AM
This looks awesome (so far) release it, release it!!!!!!!!!

C A Iversen
25-07-06, 01:10 AM
I want online betting party feature, so dobrien7, Woosaah, AK47 (of course) and I can sit around on a Friday evening screaming for our nags to roar past the winning post!!!

woosaah
25-07-06, 01:17 AM
yeah that would be fun, though do we hvae to make it friday nights? like you know i have a life right?

C A Iversen
25-07-06, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 25 2006, 01:17 PM
yeah that would be fun, though do we hvae to make it friday nights? like you know i have a life right?
Of course it doesn&#39;t have to be Frid.......Hold on! What are you saying??? :lol: :P

Mario
10-08-06, 11:46 PM
Trailer is up.

http://www.melbournecupchallenge.com/media.php

High Resolution Quicktime (17.1 mb)
Low Resolution Quicktime (8.2 mb)

ak47
11-08-06, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Mario@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

Good to see your still plugging around here despite the RL2 backlash ;)

Will check this out soonish

Release date is coming closer i feel :)

Freakin quicktime - i cant get it

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall:

Mario
11-08-06, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 11 2006, 12:11 PM
...or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall:
I&#39;ll see what I can organise.

C A Iversen
11-08-06, 05:34 AM
Awesome stuff, Mario.

Got to say, if this baby is half as much fun as it looks (and I&#39;m sure we&#39;ll cut it some slack), then we&#39;ll finally be able to show you how much we want to rave about another Sidhe game.

The RL2 criticism was quite harsh, although on one point I must say, as a consumer, I&#39;m enjoying this "no release date" stuff. That part of my expectations aren&#39;t being hyped, and consequently, I don&#39;t feel let down.

I have to say, I&#39;m happy about the whole show so far, on this project.

Thanx.

dobrien7
11-08-06, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Aug 11 2006, 12:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall: [/b]
Did you watch the trailer? I can post one on youtube if you want???

Too late :P

MCC Trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6i9kwzgzyM)

ak47
13-08-06, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by dobrien7+Aug 11 2006, 06:41 PM-->

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 11 2006, 12:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario@Aug 11 2006, 11:46 AM
Trailer is up.

I am biting at the bit - need feedback, or a youtube video......HELP...HELP!!! :wall:
Did you watch the trailer? I can post one on youtube if you want???

Too late :P

MCC Trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6i9kwzgzyM) [/b]
Legends!!!

Dobrien and Mario

Thankyou for making this day

Deadset this game is sooo awesome - i dont even have to play it - just the looks and the replays and the feeling it gives off is special

I cant wait for this - Release date me!!!!!

woosaah
13-08-06, 11:03 PM
yeah excellent, lookin forward to this game more now, had my first serious bet on the horses for a long time last week. ok i only put in 6 bucks. ok it was an easy bet (like random i think) but i did win 280 bucks :)

ak47
14-08-06, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 14 2006, 11:03 AM
yeah excellent, lookin forward to this game more now, had my first serious bet on the horses for a long time last week. ok i only put in 6 bucks. ok it was an easy bet (like random i think) but i did win 280 bucks :)
:bravo:
nice win there Woosaah - I expect the tip time aye? :P

Anyways back to this video

How good are these:

Horses rounding the bend with camera on the ground shaking to feel the thoughbred rumble as they make their moves with whip in hand

Horses disappearing behind big tall trees on the back stretch - gives u the feel of a country race on sky on sunday arvo - only country races really have obstacles blocking the view from the calling stand

1st 10 seconds with horses jumping from gates - it looks REAL FFS

Deadset Mario this is going to turn some heads
Local racing
Best animations i have seen for a horses movements - WEDA (lord of the rings thing) - madness

Any chance of a demo coming out?
I wanna play it now :wall: :wah:

dobrien7
14-08-06, 06:16 AM
It does look bloody good doesn&#39;t it especially the opening of video - so real!

Have got a group of us down here who will be well entertained when this comes out :D

ak47
19-09-06, 01:23 AM
http://www.cybershack.com/

ITS ON THIS TV SHOW TONIGHT

READ THAT WEBSITE - THEY RECKON IT NEEDS TO BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED

NEVER KNEW OF THIS TV SHOW

LOCKING IT IN NOW

C A Iversen
19-09-06, 06:46 AM
Good find AK. We need to hear more about this title. A release date would be great. I know they end up moved sometimes, but this game is really lookin great!

ak47
21-09-06, 03:51 AM
THERE&#39;S A RELEASE DATE RUMOURED :o

26/10/06

1. its a thursday
2. its 2 days before the Cox Plate
3. it hasnt been denied by Mario
4. a thread over hours old with this date as title, has not been locked @ Sidhe forums

ITS PRETTY MUCH A GIVEN :D

Lock this in, as a starter for the Cox Plate :bana:

C A Iversen
21-09-06, 05:42 AM
Bloody hope so, although I won&#39;t count my chickens just yet.

ak47
22-09-06, 12:35 AM
updated FAQ on the sidhe forums

this is truly brilliant, its all but confirmed, developments galour, left right n centre

still the 26/10/06 hasnt been denied, and now we get an updated FAQ

deadset i have seen the replay vision - its 100% mirrored to sky racing.........u can barely see any difference with camera positioning and panning angles

oh and check out this from the FAQ - BRILLIANT

What real-world licensed tracks are included?

Randwick, Flemington, Caulfield, Rosehill Gardens, Moonee Valley, Canterbury Park and Warwick Farm are all available, along with thirteen other tracks (for a total of twenty tracks) for your racing pleasure.

What licensed race events are included?

Here&#39;s a list of just some of the races included
Turnbull Stakes
AAMI Victoria Derby
The Melbourne Cup
Crown Oaks
Emirates Stakes
The Cox Plate
BMW Caulfield Cup
AJC Derby
Doncaster Handicap
AJC Oaks
Sydney Cup
Epsom Handicap
Warwick Stakes
Chipping Norton Stakes
Challenge Stakes
Royal Sovereign Stakes
Coolmore Classic
Dubai Rosehill Guineas
The Golden Slipper
Queen Anne Stakes
Prince of Wales&#39;s Stakes
The Gold Cup
Coronation Stakes
Golden Jubilee Stakes
The King George
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

:D :bana: :bleh!: :cheers:

woosaah
22-09-06, 01:04 AM
well that just means its getting close to at least be given a release date

i blame HES

C A Iversen
25-09-06, 12:47 AM
I think that Sidhe are maybe really good at laying the foundations, creating graphics and special features and can bring it all together.

Where I&#39;m guessing the problem lies (in my own uninformed opinion), is that they have trouble ironing out the quirks and unforseen problems that always lay in the end-stage of production.

Given a few years they&#39;ll have that down to fine art too.

woosaah
25-09-06, 01:34 AM
yeah i dont blame sidhe for it all really, they are really good at creating a pretty decent game. just patches and stuff they arnt good at mainly because HES dont want them to do it. well thats what they say anyway.

Hopefully this game is good with minimal bugs since they have had an extra year to iron it all out

C A Iversen
25-09-06, 04:47 AM
I hope so too. I would be quite awesome to play it against you and Ak47 on live. It&#39;d be cool if we could say things to each other whilst the races were running (in betting party mode)

dobrien7
25-09-06, 06:01 AM
This will be quite an enjoyable game alright when it comes out :D

woosaah
25-09-06, 10:59 PM
ill be getting it on pc what about you guys?.

http://www.gamesman.co.nz/product.php?id=6460

it says october 20 :D

ak47
29-09-06, 12:49 AM
Release date is announced as 26/10/2006

New screenshots of racing view, and menus on sidhe website

I believe this game will kill it in some areas but fall short in other areas

Have seen the replays and they are estounding......and i heard the commentary works very well

Looking at new screenshots, it seems some of the riding animations are a bit scewiff.........seen this one shot of the jockey with his leg sticking out like he is attempting to kick the horse next to him.......although this could be in the middle of the animation of the jockey heeling his own horse....which is good its just look wierd.

Hopefully this game is very hard like god mode league......coz i know the lifespan of horse racing titles depends on unlockable races, tracks, and difficulty.

Seeing u can breed generation after generation, i hope their is a difficulty so damn high, u need to breed beast after beast, to be competitive in that difficulty

If you can win a Group 1 race on the highest difficulty, with a default AI horse, in exhibition mode after 5 attempts it will cause longevity problems

one the great things about G1 jockey and Gallop Racers, is that u unlocked big race after big race, and u needed to buy bloody good horses to even finish in the top 5, and then u could only put gaps on the field with a bred foal from these said bloody good horses.

ak47
10-10-06, 03:21 AM
Its now the most anticipated pre-order in australia

check out the box art, and back of.........http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=13543

a little over 2 more weeks...........

dobrien7
24-10-06, 06:41 AM
So, where&#39;s the cheapest deal so far for it?

It&#39;s $80 for PC version at www.gpstore.co.nz

woosaah
26-10-06, 09:00 PM
i went to gamesman last night on the way home to get the game. BUT the ******** said it was out on friday. i go um... huh? the website says 26th not the 27th. they said friday.

well that blows! i wont be able to play it next week as i am staying at my gf&#39;s and the week after she is staying at my place so will be lucky to play it then as well. so i will wait till next week to buy it. i may get time while i am she is staying at my place. but i doubt it as well

esoj
26-10-06, 11:53 PM
yeah it would seem it came out today in nz. I checked gamesman gpstore and dse sites all say the 27th with gpstore saying now shipping. gamesman is the cheapest for pc at $73 online followed by gpstore at $75 dse $80.

dobrien7
28-10-06, 02:32 AM
Harvey Norman has it for $79 down here.

top gun
29-10-06, 08:37 PM
so hows does that game compare to G1 Jockey

& does it have much shelf life...

C A Iversen
31-10-06, 12:23 AM
Seems to have a good dose of lastability from what I can see.

Until I&#39;ve done my review, I say that at this stage it&#39;s sitting at a 78% overall mark. Remember though, I&#39;m very objective.

Radman
01-11-06, 05:26 AM
Man, haven&#39;t seen AK on here for days must really be into this game, is it really worth it if you are not really into horse racing games?. Is it any fun?. What is the longevity like?.

C A Iversen
01-11-06, 09:10 AM
It is a lot of fun. If you hate horse-racing you&#39;ll never like it. If you don&#39;t mind it either way, you&#39;ll find it not bad at all.

As far as longevity, well it&#39;s seems to have enough depth for me, not AK though. It all depends how indepth you want to go with a game.

ak47
01-11-06, 09:21 AM
not in depth but bloody good effort

i cant get enuff of he spring carnival, and trying to dominate the epsom/caulfield/cox/melbourne with the same beast

breeding is good but limited with 10 years

i&#39;ll post more in a week, when back at work

p.s not since i got the x360 @ midnight have i played a game thru to daylight.........and i started playing this @ 4:30pm....a good 12 hour stintin one go...........YES I LOVE THIS GAME.

commentary rocks too........create a horse called &#39;far lap&#39;, and u&#39;ll get goosebumps

top gun
01-11-06, 08:46 PM
shame they havent got a 360 version

nevermind, im still gonna give this one a go
& will give my views on it soon