PDA

View Full Version : December 8th According To Gameplanet.co.nz

EVOL
28-10-05, 12:27 AM
Make of it what you will

Originally posted by gameplanet.co.nz
Alternative Software will be launching the PS2 and PC CD-ROM versions of Super League Rugby League 2 on December 8th as the officially licensed title of the Super League, the official body representing Rugby League in Europe. The game, d in New Zealand and known as Rugby League 2 in Australasia, is also licensed by the National Rugby League.

# Wellington developer Sidhe Interactive has spent over 18 months creating a brand new sequel, with all new functionality and refined gameplay, graphics, controls, and competitions. Players, sponsors, and stadia have all been updated to reflect the 2005/06 seasons. The game features lifelike player graphics, more realistic gameplay and a brand new Franchise management mode. Special features include: All major teams and competitions including the SuperLeague, NRL, State of Origin, City versus Country, and a full range of international teams.

# Brand new gameplay features including ball stripping, shoulder barges, diving on and kicking the loose ball, contesting the high ball, pass to playmaker and more.

# New multi-year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games.

# Individually modelled likenesses for over 500 players and referees.

# Lifelike animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

# Highly customisable game rules and gameplay sliders.

# High fidelity in-game graphics.

CeeJay
28-10-05, 12:33 AM
Cant rely on anthing like that, we should have learned by now.

woosaah
28-10-05, 12:44 AM
not we, he should have learnt that by now http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

i have http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

doovepop
28-10-05, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by knuck+Oct 28 2005, 12:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knuck @ Oct 28 2005, 12:27 PM)</div>
Make of it what you will

<!--QuoteBegin-gameplanet.co.nz

Alternative Software will be launching the PS2 and PC CD-ROM versions of Super League Rugby League 2 on December 8th as the officially licensed title of the Super League, the official body representing Rugby League in Europe. The game, d in New Zealand and known as Rugby League 2 in Australasia, is also licensed by the National Rugby League.

# Wellington developer Sidhe Interactive has spent over 18 months creating a brand new sequel, with all new functionality and refined gameplay, graphics, controls, and competitions. Players, sponsors, and stadia have all been updated to reflect the 2005/06 seasons. The game features lifelike player graphics, more realistic gameplay and a brand new Franchise management mode. Special features include: All major teams and competitions including the SuperLeague, NRL, State of Origin, City versus Country, and a full range of international teams.

# Brand new gameplay features including ball stripping, shoulder barges, diving on and kicking the loose ball, contesting the high ball, pass to playmaker and more.

# New multi-year Franchise Mode, including player contract management, injuries, judiciary, and mid season representative games.

# Individually modelled likenesses for over 500 players and referees.

# Lifelike animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

# Highly customisable game rules and gameplay sliders.

# High fidelity in-game graphics. [/b]
blank

umosay
28-10-05, 02:15 AM
He didn&#39;t write that poop, Gameplanet did. Looks to me as if a &#39;specific release date&#39; has been set for the UK or can you not read that far.

esoj
28-10-05, 03:35 AM
seems like 8th December could be the release date in europe if alternative software have come out and said that. Down under we should get it earlier anyway if the uk get on December 8th. nothing on the alternative software site about the release date. just second half of 2005 although it looks like the rugbyleague 2 link at the top might be new or it&#39;s just badly placed.

kaftka
28-10-05, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by doovepop+Oct 28 2005, 04:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Oct 28 2005, 04:47 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 28 2005, 04:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover@Oct 28 2005, 03:53 PM
I told gpstore if there FIVE X changed date shifted from november 15th then my order was going to be cancelled.
Please cancel your preorder. I would prefer not to have you as a customer.

Don&#39;t let the door hit you on the way out.
A customer is a customer Mario. [/b]
....Except when he is Ajar......

....Or a tard....

ak47
28-10-05, 05:25 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I love it all!!!!!!!!!!

Based on those unprofessional posts, mario u have it coming

Tell us NOW if anymore delays are on the cards..............tell us NOW

Oh wait there is no delay..........never was and never would have been

U got out $50.00 deposit nice and early...........you, retail, HES, are all laughing in the pool of our coin

Cant wait to play RL2 in the middle of 40 degree heat............flies, chicks, BBQ&#39;s and yes u guest it CRICKET!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to play Madden 2005 tonite..........man i love outdated rosters...gives you a historical touch...............CLASSIC MATCHES

RL2 - FOR ALL YOUR CLASSIC MATCHES NEEDS

Mario
28-10-05, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Oct 28 2005, 05:13 PM
and I am cancelling my order - if you delay it Mario - and then I will distribute one copy of the b***t game for every question on either this site or yours that you have ignored or falsely answered. You don&#39;t get the last laugh Mario..becos I keep my enemies close and know more of you than you do of me. That choking sound is you having just bitten off more than you can chew wogboy.
Yeah, tough guy on the internet you are http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

How old are you? Like 6?

kaftka
28-10-05, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 28 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 28 2005, 05:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover@Oct 28 2005, 05:13 PM
and I am cancelling my order - if you delay it Mario - and then I will distribute one copy of the b***t game for every question on either this site or yours that you have ignored or falsely answered. You don&#39;t get the last laugh Mario..becos I keep my enemies close and know more of you than you do of me. That choking sound is you having just bitten off more than you can chew wogboy.
Yeah, tough guy on the internet you are http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

How old are you? Like 6? [/b]
I would just like to take this time to congratulate Lossy on cracking Mario out of his shell...

...He&#39;s posting like a normal human being now, not like an automated phone message.... It&#39;s great.

esoj
28-10-05, 05:32 AM
lol too true bro and what great entertainment it is.

Mario
28-10-05, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 28 2005, 05:31 PM
I would just like to take this time to congratulate Lossy on cracking Mario out of his shell...

...He&#39;s posting like a normal human being now, not like an automated phone message.... It&#39;s great.
Well, you can congratulate Los on another "victory". Obviously, I am wasting my time on these forums with a select few devolving every thread into mindless drivel.

These forums were once good, but no longer.

If you want to ask me a question from now on, don&#39;t expect them answered here.

esoj
28-10-05, 05:42 AM
won&#39;t matter anyway as the game should be out soon anyway. Thanks anyway mario for staying here so long and answering many of our questions.

kaftka
28-10-05, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Mario+Oct 28 2005, 05:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 28 2005, 05:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.@Oct 28 2005, 05:31 PM

Well, you can congratulate Los on another "victory". Obviously, I am wasting my time on these forums with a select few devolving every thread into mindless drivel.

These forums were once good, but no longer.

If you want to ask me a question from now on, don&#39;t expect them answered here. [/b]
Woah woah woah, hold up...It&#39;s fairly obvious (to me anyway) that Los is far from &#39;right&#39;

ak47
28-10-05, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 05:42 PM
won&#39;t matter anyway as the game should be out soon anyway. Thanks anyway mario for staying here so long and answering many of our questions.
you remind me of Mr Pink from Resivoir Dogs

that post is class

woosaah
28-10-05, 05:49 AM
i think los and that need to chill out

its not a matter of life and death, its not the end of the world its just a game after all

i hope mario doesn&#39;t go i like to hear whats going on. i know people are frustrated, i am frustrated about it to but there is no point getting your knickers in a twist.

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 05:53 AM
Yes not right at all... just occaisonally funny, when his snide remarks are not directed at me.

Everybody knew this was coming though as long as Los Lover dishes at personal abuse I doubt we&#39;ll even see ian or trev very often. Please could someone important on this site go and formally apologise to mario on the RL2 forums. Also I don&#39;t think he answered all our questions in the MCC topic.

esoj
28-10-05, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Oct 28 2005, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 28 2005, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Oct 28 2005, 05:42 PM
you remind me of Mr Pink from Resivoir Dogs

that post is class [/b]
I think I will take that as a complement.

and technicially the game has only been delayed 4 weeks as the original date was September not a whole 3 months as many have been saying.

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 06:06 AM
Yes i think that is what los was so worked up about... being delayed for three months?? I doubt it will be released in december. i&#39;d say november release despite lack of coverage, hopefully we have turned a corner though. Maybe the lack of coverage means they don&#39;t want to let out many secrets that may be copied by others. Maybe that is why we haven&#39;t seen much of RC2006 and RL2, they sound to be great games.

C A Iversen
28-10-05, 06:12 AM
This has got to be a joke. I mean someone stopping posting because of Los Lover?
Mario, of all people?
If there&#39;s one person on this forum I&#39;d never lose my cool over, it&#39;s Los. Who could let outbursts like his offend them?

It must have been something someone else said, surely. Don&#39;t give him the satisfaction Mario. If you leave because of anyone, make it someone more intelligent.

Even Jacko.

Los Lover delivered the parting shot? I still don&#39;t believe it. He couldn&#39;t offend me with his finest tirade.

C&#39;mon Los, let&#39;s show him. Call me something. Anything. Really let me have it mate!

I can hardly wait....
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 06:27 AM
well, i can say... supercalafragil-uh-ti-sti-uh... never mind.

Yeah, exactly on the money Iversen. Los tries to insult me, but to no avail. Los tries to insult Mario to no avail - why? Because I am in the way. Los I have questioned your level of respect for people and your arrogance a number of times and I think there has been only one time when you haven&#39;t got tied up!

But Los if you get worse, I will not be happy. In fact if you keep going I think you will push away Ian and Trev... meaning possibly no more TRF. Quit while you are ahead.

Snide remarks, fine and dandy (funny) but trying to insult someone... too far. I read your post where you made a threat to mario - maybe he read that. If it appears no one respects him, he should leave and i beleive that post was the one that brought this situation upon us.

ak47
28-10-05, 07:14 AM
its the WEB boys

insults are nullified.....thus Mario is overeacting

He can claim all he wants that the TRF isnt the same, but just coz of 1 person, THAT AINT RIGHT

Thus someone selling out on a forum that is the foundation of rugby gaming discussions, is just short tempered, minded, and short witted

Esoj - was a massive complement........big fan of Mr Pink!!!

harrison2468
28-10-05, 08:43 AM
You guys get way too worked up over a game, it isn&#39;t a matter of life and death.

Games will get delayed, but that is the gaming market, deal with it. How many games get held back a year? 1000&#39;s? God, Los Lover, get some friends, your whole life sounds dependent on this 1 game. "I was going to get it for my brother" - well, get him a pair, or two, of bloody socks then!

Sad to see someone pushed out like that, especially by a **** like Los Lover. Kind of reminds me of Woodie being pushed out by Bom Bom, i.e. totally underserving.

What I&#39;ve seen through reading this board, and through trailers and reviews, have impressed me, and I&#39;ll probably buy this game when it comes out.

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 09:29 AM
Yes... terrible really. I hope santa gives los a lump of coal for christmas or rather nothing at all. Actually I think Los has actually encouraged me to buy this game, I am now purely his opposition as most people I assume are. But geeze if Los has had the same affect on everybody as he had on me Mario can thank him. He will have doubled mario&#39;s sales, and probably trev&#39;s as well. Your plan, Los, has evidently backfired!

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 10:19 AM
He seemed to be in quite a bad mood... i think he took it badly.

In memory of mario i would like to post something that i should have posted before he left use:

Mario, enough is enough. I am tired of waiting, because I am looking forward to this game so much! Could you tell me exactly how the Franchise Mode works? Once again thatnkyou for your valuable comments.

esoj
28-10-05, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Oct 28 2005, 07:14 PM
its the WEB boys

insults are nullified.....thus Mario is overeacting

He can claim all he wants that the TRF isnt the same, but just coz of 1 person, THAT AINT RIGHT

Thus someone selling out on a forum that is the foundation of rugby gaming discussions, is just short tempered, minded, and short witted

Esoj - was a massive complement........big fan of Mr Pink!!!
ah cheers bro. I don&#39;t think mario left just because of Los Lover insulting him, I think he left because nearly every thread turned into attack on why the game wasn&#39;t out or something about sidhe and thus unable to answer questions properli. I of course could be wrong though.

esoj
28-10-05, 11:01 AM
we will never kno kaftka but I think your sense of humour maybe like mario&#39;s so maybe thats why you saw it differently. my only reason if it wasn&#39;t sarcastic is because doovepop does post on alot of forums mario does asking for information so maybe mario is tired of the questioning on every forum or just the generally hassling he gets from doovepop. we will never know though

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 11:03 AM
yes i&#39;d say it wasn&#39;t sarcastic. the cancel your order thing may have been, but the &#39;i hate you&#39;? I doubt it.

kaftka
28-10-05, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:01 PM
we will never kno kaftka but I think your sense of humour maybe like mario&#39;s so maybe thats why you saw it differently. my only reason if it wasn&#39;t sarcastic is because doovepop does post on alot of forums mario does asking for information so maybe mario is tired of the questioning on every forum or just the generally hassling he gets from doovepop. we will never know though
Yeah, but the way it read, in reply to what Dovepoop said leads me to believe that Mario was just trying to be funny....If not, it was still bloody hilarious imo.

CeeJay
28-10-05, 11:07 AM
I thought he was joking, if he would say that to anyone for real wouldnt it be los lover? Although sad, Marios last moments here were amusing!!

kaftka
28-10-05, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Oct 28 2005, 11:07 PM
I thought he was joking, if he would say that to anyone for real wouldnt it be los lover? Although sad, Marios last moments here were amusing!!
Agreed, what a cracking way to go out... Spitting the dummy at Lov Loser... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 11:11 AM
who the hell is lov loser???

kaftka
28-10-05, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 28 2005, 11:11 PM
who the hell is lov loser???
Not so much as &#39;who&#39;, but &#39;why&#39;.

Find the answer to that, and everything will be explained...

esoj
28-10-05, 11:16 AM
lol to right boyz mario certianly went with a bang and provided us with some good entertainement. and that is the legacy of mario we are still talking about him after he has gone and proabbly will for alot longer than los lover proabbly

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 11:19 AM
who the hell is los lover???

SaintsFan_Webby
28-10-05, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 28 2005, 12:19 PM
I hate to repeat myself, but you&#39;re an idiot.

esoj
28-10-05, 11:20 AM
sorry I guess that was a typo. I meant Los Loser. Thanks for spoiling it for everybody you prick.

kaftka
28-10-05, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 28 2005, 11:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 28 2005, 11:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko@Oct 28 2005, 12:19 PM
I hate to repeat myself, but you&#39;re an idiot. [/b]
Actually, you got owned this time I&#39;m afraid...Took it too far. You see, this time jacko actually made a real joke, and, despite my fear of ruining it, was merely expressing that we would in fact talk more about mario, leaving Los Lover behind us all, as esoj said in the above post.....

...And it is at this time which I have realised that you may ave realised that jacko really was joking, and that you have a thing for calling jacko an idiot.....Oh well..

Mr. Laxative
28-10-05, 11:28 AM
it is sad...

and at that i will knock off for the night, with 950 posts.

doovepop
28-10-05, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:01 PM
That is not the case, I do post on alot of forums but I hardly ever ask Mario questions on them, all i do is give people updates about the game.

esoj
28-10-05, 11:56 AM
was only a suggestion and I think you did ask about the game being on x-box a few times on various forums i could be wrong though.

Mario was proabbly being funny and I think sort of implying that since Los Lover cancelled his pre-order then you might as well do the same

EVOL
28-10-05, 12:01 PM
wow this thread went to **** fast

obviously i don&#39;t think its the actual set in stone date, i&#39;ll wait until it&#39;s official,
I was merely posting what I saw.

Thats why i said make of this what you will, sheesh

doovepop
28-10-05, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:56 PM
was only a suggestion and I think you did ask about the game being on x-box a few times on various forums i could be wrong though.

Mario was proabbly being funny and I think sort of implying that since Los Lover cancelled his pre-order then you might as well do the same
Yes I asked about xbox maybe twice and another but i was only joking about that one.
Na i think he took it the wrong way.

esoj
28-10-05, 12:09 PM
well like I said in another post we will never know now since mario has left and proabbly won&#39;t return.

NZL Fan
04-11-05, 12:29 AM
Latest word on the street............

*Game is definitely finished (SIDHE have alluded to this when they have said "release is out of their hands").

*Sony Europe/HES have delayed release. For reasons unknown, but probably more to do with catching the Christmas buying period, number of "high profile" Sony releases around this current timeframe, and the large numbers of guaranteed pre orders (unlike some of their other recent releases) which exceed RL1 by some way.

Note: People who have continued to abuse SIDHE should take a good look at themselves as this extended delay is not their fault, and even more frustrating for them then Joe public......

*The date of December the 8th seems to be odds on favourite now.

*The least number of preorders at any EB store in Auckland is around 250 copies, whilst one EB in Aussie has well over 4000 copies pre ordered. The delay is apparently having "minimal" effects on these pre orders, with very few being cancelled.

woosaah
04-11-05, 01:07 AM
we know of one being cancelled http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif guy at gamesman told me end of the month (so dec 8 looks close) when i went in and bought my copy of civ4 i just hope that can entertain me until this comes out

scot
04-11-05, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Oct 28 2005, 05:25 PM
RL2 - FOR ALL YOUR CLASSIC MATCHES NEEDS
Are the rosters for the 2005 or 2006 season?

esoj
05-11-05, 03:06 AM
2005 hence the classic matches comment

scot
06-11-05, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Nov 5 2005, 04:06 PM
2005 hence the classic matches comment
I figured that, but it just seems overwhelmingly stupid to release a game in the last month of 2005 with the 2005 roster.

esoj
06-11-05, 07:14 PM
well yes but this will alway happen with league. Sidhe cannot have updated roosters due to when their release window is september onwards. The rosters for 2006 aren&#39;t confirmed and Sidhe need a lot of time to put all the rosters in before release nears. As to why sidhe/hes choose the septenber - december release window is anyboy&#39;s guess but then can have the roster of the season just gone close to 100% right and also they can take advantage of christmad sales which they may not be able to do if they released earlier in the year. Maybe once sidhe become bigger they can release at different times in the season and rely on the game selling on the sidhe name instead of "its a league game must buyt it" approach.

sanzar
06-11-05, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Nov 7 2005, 08:14 AM
well yes but this will alway happen with league. Sidhe cannot have updated roosters due to when their release window is september onwards. The rosters for 2006 aren&#39;t confirmed and Sidhe need a lot of time to put all the rosters in before release nears. As to why sidhe/hes choose the septenber - december release window is anyboy&#39;s guess.
From what I understand they planned to release it around State of Origin time, but encountered problems and had to push it back further and further...

esoj
06-11-05, 08:59 PM
that would have meant a june/july release I don&#39;t think that was ever planned. they annoucned september as the estimated release and had a problem sometime in august or early september causing a delay and now its delayed due to third parties and not sidhe. I am pretty sure Sidhe have said on numerous occasiosn that they can&#39;t release during the season.

ak47
06-11-05, 10:46 PM
Well if HES and 3rd parties have the final say - Why was September ever announced by Sidhe when in fact, it goes out of their hands in the process.

why did they ever say any window....when at the moment, they wont say anything anymore

They claim they cant say things....but they said september

They presume a window, coz we wanna get a ballpark date....
Then when they cant meet that its mouths closed, until furthur notice

Where&#39;s our new window, as per September??

They got stiffed by the 3rd parties which resulted in crusifiction by the public (including myself) and will never expose themselves to that again...thats my take.

Any furthur releases: No Window will be set, unless Sidhe form their own distribution wing, and have the controls in place to accurately make presumptions.

Whilst HES are in the game.........I wont be expecting them to expose themselves to this again......I expect, coming soon, and when it goes gold, thats when they will announce a shelving date.

esoj
06-11-05, 11:07 PM
hard to say ak mate but I am assuming the game was progressing well enough to ship in september but something major happened late in development foricing Sidhe to make changes to the game. and now that they have made the changes its in the third parties hands for when it gets released. I will agree with you though that Sidhe will try and get a better deal so that their reputation isn&#39;t damaged like it is now. They may also possibly re think there information to public policy and maybe cut back on their presence in the forums so that they only give out screenshots or quash rumours but not answer any questions.

NZL Fan
06-11-05, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Nov 7 2005, 11:46 AM
Well if HES and 3rd parties have the final say - Why was September ever announced by Sidhe when in fact, it goes out of their hands in the process.

why did they ever say any window....when at the moment, they wont say anything anymore

They claim they cant say things....but they said september

They presume a window, coz we wanna get a ballpark date....
Then when they cant meet that its mouths closed, until furthur notice

Where&#39;s our new window, as per September??

They got stiffed by the 3rd parties which resulted in crusifiction by the public (including myself) and will never expose themselves to that again...thats my take.

Any furthur releases: No Window will be set, unless Sidhe form their own distribution wing, and have the controls in place to accurately make presumptions.

Whilst HES are in the game.........I wont be expecting them to expose themselves to this again......I expect, coming soon, and when it goes gold, thats when they will announce a shelving date.
Thats pretty much it...........

Sidhe made some "cosmetic" changes to fix some things they wern&#39;t that happy about...........this alone may have delayed the game till late October.

Head honcos at HES/Sony decided that release period wasn&#39;t suitable to their needs (instead opting to do more advertising in England, after being abused for lack of promotion there last time), so the game has been delayed till December for no other reason other then it doesn&#39;t suit those third parties to get it on the shelves.........

Checking the SIDHE forums you can see from some comments by the SIDHE staff that they too are a little fed up with the situation. As far as they are concerned the game is finished and ready to be shipped, and they want to see how well their hard work is received by the general public.

nik
07-11-05, 12:01 AM
HES/Sony/trublu will wait till Christmas period to realease the game, like they did with RL1 for greater exposure.

doovepop
07-11-05, 12:08 AM
Hang in there guys are release date is coming
expect a release date around about the 15th of november or before.
They had issues with the online play and other things that i&#39;m not willing to say.
from news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.

sanzar
07-11-05, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 7 2005, 01:08 PM
They had issues with the online play and other things that i&#39;m not willing to say.
from inside news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.
Shame it couldn&#39;t be out this month...

NZL Fan
07-11-05, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 7 2005, 01:08 PM
from news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.
The introduction of "online" play for this 2nd version of rugby league still rankles me a bit.......if the main reason for original delay was due to problems with it then that is even more disappointing.

Yes, it was the most popular request for this version, but SIDHE should have bitten the bullet and concentrated on improving core gameplay mechanics, rather then spend valuable development time/resources/money on introducing on line play.

For instance, though Franchise mode looks great, imagine how superb it could have been (super league and NRL seasons running concurrently for instance??)with even more time spent on creating it.........(maybe they could have spent more time fixing that funny long pass animation they still have....)

Other long running sports game franchises have only recently added online play after many years, and versions.

Online play would have been ideal for "rugby league 3", if they had got most gameplay things right in this version.

esoj
07-11-05, 08:17 PM
that is speculation though we have no idea why it got delayed. all we know is that there must have been some kind of problem with the game and more recently it is out of Sidhes hand.

a franchise like league maybe not be able to wait until the 4th or 5th version to include online play as league is not as popular is soccer or other sports games. sales for league will be incredily small to the likes fifa and pes in there early days and therfore the need to include online play earlier to improve sales and satisfy the fans.

the new gameplay features and franchise mode may not have been enough to justify a third game game and therefore imo online play was included to guarnteee a third game. sure pre orders are up this time but a lot of those maybe done to online play. Hopefully the game does com out early december and that the gameplay is good.

NZL Fan
07-11-05, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM
that is speculation though we have no idea why it got delayed. all we know is that there must have been some kind of problem with the game and more recently it is out of Sidhes hand.

a franchise like league maybe not be able to wait until the 4th or 5th version to include online play as league is not as popular is soccer or other sports games. sales for league will be incredily small to the likes fifa and pes in there early days and therfore the need to include online play earlier to improve sales and satisfy the fans.

the new gameplay features and franchise mode may not have been enough to justify a third game game and therefore imo online play was included to guarnteee a third game. sure pre orders are up this time but a lot of those maybe done to online play. Hopefully the game does com out early december and that the gameplay is good.
Some good points there.......

....I do wonder though what the selling point of rugby league 3 will be then??

St Helens RLFC
07-11-05, 08:25 PM
I wonder if there will even be a Rugby League 3?

NZL Fan
07-11-05, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 8 2005, 09:25 AM
I wonder if there will even be a Rugby League 3?
Based on the massive amount of pre orders, I&#39;d imagine it must be highly likely........

CeeJay
07-11-05, 08:56 PM
I agree wih NZL fan that the heavy focus on online is annoying. I think they should wait till they have a solid version of the game before they make it online, I think their time could have been better spent fixing some of the obvious remaining problems.

The selling point of RL3 will be that its next gen, In 18 months, to 2 years from now they might as well forget PS2 an xbox, the next gen consoles will be where its at. I also think that they will aim for a good insant replay system, a longer and more in deapth franchise mode.

I was having a read over at the RL2 forums and it does seem that the sidhe guys are over it, sick of answering about RL2. Just about evey thread is a spam fest, and full of whinging. I cant believe Mario qiut this forum and said it was no good, when the RL2 forum is 10 times worse.

sanzar
07-11-05, 09:27 PM

Sales will be insignificant compared to the likes of FIFA, but sidhe will certainly have a hold on a niche market that will always buy their product simply due to their fandom and the lack of any competition... then of course there is the likelyhood of dissatisfied/impressed union fans buying the game because of the gameplay similarities and the general quality of the game. So I think there will always be plenty of people buying RL games if Sidhe continue to make them, and if they decide to expand and distribute copies of the game to non RL area&#39;s such as the US (though it would be advisable for them to include an extensive training mode if they do), then you&#39;ll get a large number of people buying out of curiosity aswell as people mixing it up with Union http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Trust me, if Sidhe do it right, the RL series will be around for a long time!

ak47
07-11-05, 10:01 PM
I too cannot understand the introduction of online play

sure online is in huge demand.....but the foundations arent 100% right.

The core gameplay needs many tweaks before its nigh on perfect (ala PES), and I am 95% sure, in RL2 the gameplay wont be very much different from RL1 based on reports of the pre-plays at armageddon etc

The reviews of magazines dont encourage me at all.........they gave RL1 good marks and that was far from good (the non patched version)

if u cant watch a full replay, cant get progressive dirt on jerseys, or see any dodgy glitches, then whats the point of online, when these need to be addressed

Not too mention the online wont succeed unless its fun, fair and glitch free, which is yet to be determined..............come on now, RL1 had the conversion over the black dot glitch and it still got released...........

PES never had online (on consoles) till recently when the gameplay was generally agreed by the public that is was atleast 90% perfect

I dont care what was requested the most..............if people address what was requested the most they are just chasing the dollar, and arent addressing what is really needed, which is core gameplay elements.

GT4 was delayed over a year due to online crap, and in the end never made online, so we got what we could have had a year ago!

Online seems to cause more problems than what its worth...causes delays, and yet isnt addressing what we want....atleast 90% perfect gameplay!!!

You&#39;ll notice an online success are games that have massively high gameplay scores.....near perfect, thus very addictive, fair and fun, when playing the global world.

If its not fair, and fun.........nobody will waste their monthly online bill on a game when u have PES, Halo, FIFA, and other online killers that have zero gripes and frustrations.

NZL Fan
07-11-05, 10:05 PM
to add......

.......won&#39;t Sidhe have to go through the whole process again to add online play to the new generation consoles rugby league game (if there is to be one)??

doovepop
07-11-05, 10:55 PM

hmm who say&#39;s it&#39;s speculation?
I got the release date right.

aussie1st
07-11-05, 11:03 PM
Gameplanet got it right, they must have some insider knowledge.

CeeJay
08-11-05, 12:10 AM
Yeah they will have to redo online for next gen, but due to all the graphical leaps and the space to iclude way more animation and whatnot sidhe will not do online for there first next gen league game, they will spend the time on getting to look as good as possble, and animate as real as possible. Then they can use online to sell their second iteration on next gen.

esoj
08-11-05, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by doovepop+Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM

I got the release date right. [/b]
if you understood my post as others did you would have noticed I was meaning the reason for the delay not the release date. unless you know somebody that is part of the dev team you will have no idea why it was delayed. it may have been online play it may have been something else. gameplanet nz are usally pretty good with release dates as they have good relationships with most of the distributors.

doovepop
08-11-05, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by esoj+Nov 8 2005, 01:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 8 2005, 01:37 PM)</div>

Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM

I got the release date right.
if you understood my post as others did you would have noticed I was meaning the reason for the delay not the release date. unless you know somebody that is part of the dev team you will have no idea why it was delayed. it may have been online play it may have been something else. gameplanet nz are usally pretty good with release dates as they have good relationships with most of the distributors. [/b]
yes I meant the reason for the delay.

sanzar
08-11-05, 01:20 AM
Who cares guys!! The point is that the game IS coming out on the 8th of December!!! And I&#39;m just about to finish Uni for the year http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

esoj
08-11-05, 04:47 AM
indeed the game is coming out in what 4 weeks whoopie.

woosaah
08-11-05, 05:59 AM
excellent http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif i am sooo looking forward to it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

CeeJay
08-11-05, 09:07 AM
Gamesman has updated the PS2 release date to the 8th but the PC version is the 15/11, haha, idiots.

CeeJay
09-11-05, 01:18 AM
I might have to take that back, on further reading they say the the ps2 version has gone gold, nothing about pc. Wont they be releasing both verions at the same time?

woosaah
09-11-05, 07:25 PM
as far as i know they will be