PDA

View Full Version : My Website's Now Up. With Review, Screens & Movies

locksley
19-11-05, 02:01 AM
Hello All

Read my thoughts and check out some unseen media on my website right now.

www.rugbygaming.co.uk (http://www.rugbygaming.co.uk)

Please remember that ALL screens and footage are from an unfinished PC version. Not only that, we were running FRAPS in the background so tht knocks the framerate down to.

I'd just like to say many thanks to Roger from Alternative Software for allowing us to come and play this great game.

Also, I've not received word back from HES/Sidhe yet with regards to this footage. Seeing as there's only a matter of days til release, I didn't think they'd mind me using this stuff on my site. If they do object, then I'll remove it straight away. I don't want to tread on any toes.

Feel free to post this link in other forums.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts. Post them in this thread.

Enjoy it.

Locksley

nik
19-11-05, 02:09 AM
awsome stuff mate
site looks awsome...it will take some time for me too look through it
thanx Lox great work

doovepop
19-11-05, 02:18 AM
good work locksley.

kinkon89
19-11-05, 02:19 AM
thanks man!

you should get paid for this

kaftka
19-11-05, 02:35 AM
You ledgend. Oh yes, you heard right. TRFs highest praising. Ledgend status.

Morgs
19-11-05, 02:38 AM
Great work Locksley! Although I have to say those videos look seriously similar rl1, but after reading the preview it seems to be completely different.

One Question. I am going to be playing the pc version and using a ps2 controller via an adapter. With the new advanced passing options what appears over the player's heads? Is it just numbers or what?

Paddy
19-11-05, 02:38 AM
nice site, thanks alot locksley

Shame you didnt get videos with normal gameplay, that would've been much better than just 2 video ref videos and carney's replay try

And what were the stats for ANdrew Johns?

Wally
19-11-05, 02:40 AM
You bloody ripper!

umosay
19-11-05, 03:15 AM
Passing still looks a tad funny, it doesn't look like it actually goes into their hands... or so it looked.

kaftka
19-11-05, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by umosay@Nov 19 2005, 03:15 PM
Passing still looks a tad funny, it doesn't look like it actually goes into their hands... or so it looked.
Our members have made a total of 90000 posts

Umosay, my man....Dude. Congratulations.

lionmaul
19-11-05, 03:52 AM
Great job again locks, but I guess my answer about contesting the highball and kicking the loose ball and it&#39;s mechanics will be answered around mid December. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

umosay
19-11-05, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Nov 19 2005, 04:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Nov 19 2005, 04:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay@Nov 19 2005, 03:15 PM
Passing still looks a tad funny, it doesn&#39;t look like it actually goes into their hands... or so it looked.

Umosay, my man....Dude. Congratulations. [/b]
lol, It&#39;s bloody hard to tell if your taking the **** or not. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif (As happens to me a lot)

-JJ-
19-11-05, 04:04 AM
Thanks locksley, you&#39;re great.

I&#39;ve got a question! If you hold the tacklee down, does it give you an advantage? In Rugby League 1 there wasn&#39;t much use for this feature, as the defence will have itself perfectly reset after each tackle anyway.

Anywho, sounds good!

esoj
19-11-05, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by umosay+Nov 19 2005, 04:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 19 2005, 04:53 PM)</div>

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 19 2005, 04:28 PM
Passing still looks a tad funny, it doesn&#39;t look like it actually goes into their hands... or so it looked.

lol, It&#39;s bloody hard to tell if your taking the **** or not. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif (As happens to me a lot) [/b]
or if he is on the **** taking the **** http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

fantastic work yet again locksley. another peice of quality reviewing done for a game. many on the sidhe forums are liking it as well

kinkon89
19-11-05, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by umosay+Nov 19 2005, 01:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 19 2005, 01:53 PM)</div>

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 19 2005, 04:28 PM

lol, It&#39;s bloody hard to tell if your taking the **** or not. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif (As happens to me a lot) [/b]
you just dont know whats going through kaftkas mind!.....noone knows http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

woosaah
19-11-05, 05:21 AM
looks good i am looking forward to getting hold of it myself.

fraps captured it a bit gay i think, i need to have a look at it myself but it did look like rl1

aussie1st
19-11-05, 07:31 AM
Great work locksley, looking good.

jared27
19-11-05, 09:40 AM
yepyep, car pie

nik
19-11-05, 10:09 AM
hey locks, just a question, not RL2 related
i think it was late last year or early this year (when R05 was about to be released) you said you will be opening a new website on rugby gaming, you also said that you will include info about past-present rugby games. you&#39;ve done excellent work so far, just wondering if your website is purely based on RL2 or will you put up info/media on RC2006, R06 and other rugby union/league games?

locksley
19-11-05, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by nik@Nov 19 2005, 10:09 PM
hey locks, just a question, not RL2 related
i think it was late last year or early this year (when R05 was about to be released) you said you will be opening a new website on rugby gaming, you also said that you will include info about past-present rugby games. you&#39;ve done excellent work so far, just wondering if your website is purely based on RL2 or will you put up info/media on RC2006, R06 and other rugby union/league games?
I was planning to do that, I even got most of the information & screens etc up onto the server, but in the end I just didn&#39;t have the time.

I think after RL2 is released, I&#39;m going to add everything I can about the other games and set tournaments up on rugbygaming etc.

loratadine
19-11-05, 11:00 AM
nice one locks, top website

Hypnotised
19-11-05, 11:13 AM
Top work locks, the site is good. Hope to see it continue for a long time.

On a slightly less positive note, game looks **** in honesty. Made me very glad to hear the capture rate is low, and the video quality is bad because the vids did make the game look pretty bad. Still eagerly await release.

Ian2oo5
19-11-05, 11:15 AM
Locksley

What was the running and sprinting like? has the game been slowed down slightly or are they still flying around as tho they are skating? is it more realistic now?

Also, has the running gameplay been improved, e.g if you have a player (Albert) with a very high speed can he turn to cath players slower thna him mayb on a 9 or 8 speed? basically is there now differences in speed between 9 and 10 as on the last 1 you had payers on 8/9 that cud catch people on 10 it didnt seem realistic at all.

Cheers

welchs
19-11-05, 12:53 PM
hey locksley, is there any chance you could post a larger version of the banner with all the sl players?
cheers

St Helens RLFC
19-11-05, 01:26 PM
Brilliant that Locks, as always, thanks very much.

gjohn85
19-11-05, 08:45 PM
A well written preview locks, great stuff. I am really looking forward to this title.

One question though, out of the two games that u have played (Rugby Challenge 06 & RL2) which one would u say is the better game? (I didn&#39;t add rugby 2006 as u said u only played 10 mins of it)

locksley
19-11-05, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by gjohn85@Nov 20 2005, 08:45 AM
A well written preview locks, great stuff. I am really looking forward to* this title.

One question though, out of the two games that u have played (Rugby Challenge 06 & RL2) which one would u say is the better game? (I didn&#39;t add rugby 2006 as u said u only played 10 mins of it)
lol... I was wondering when this question would come out.

In all honesty, it wouldn&#39;t really be fair to say because I didn&#39;t have anywhere near as much time on RL2 as I did with RC2006. There&#39;s no doubting that RC2006 is much more accessible from the start, and the amount of control you have over the player is far greater. However, I&#39;m a rugby league fan and RL2 is pretty much what I was hoping for, with a huge amount of options and depth for both single and multiplayer.

Maybe this will help: (Remember, this is only my opinion)

RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Lots of different game modes
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F
Quick to pick up and play but hard to put down

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
Can only have matches up to 15 minutes
It&#39;s Rugby Union http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

RUGBY LEAGUE 2

Strengths

It&#39;s Rugby League
MASSIVE improvement over RL1
Fantastic attacking play
Advanced Passing system
Superb Graphics & Likenesses
Mind Boggling array of features
Franchise mode
Sublime customisation abilities
Great commentary and sound
Kicking system is brilliant
Steep but satisfying learning curve
Online play
Fantastic Animation
You can play as St Helens at Knowsley Road

Weaknesses

Defending&#39;s a pain in the arse
Not reponsive enough in certain areas
Can&#39;t buy NRL players if you pick UK teams in Franchise mode & Vice versa
No Xbox version til next year - Boooo
The Side step animation is odd
People still wear Farah pants in this day and age!!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Both are great games in their own right, and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I know that I&#39;ll be getting both games when they come out and and I&#39;ll enjoy each one equally.

It would be very interesting to see Knowsleyroaders opinion on this subject.

Mr. Laxative
19-11-05, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
It&#39;s Rugby Union http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I know this is a RL2 topic but I wouldn&#39;t have any probs with these weaknesses in RC06. Realistically i can&#39;t see any point in playing &#39;halves&#39; (not matches I asume) that go for over 15 minutes. Also who are the commentators?

It seems i&#39;ll enjoy RC more than RL but that&#39;s my opinion. Why is RL harder to pick up and play quickly than RC. Is it the controls, etc?

Mr. Laxative
19-11-05, 11:04 PM
Also locks you have a site for RL2, but will you do the same for RC?

nik
20-11-05, 02:02 AM
locks will put up info on all rugby games (union n league) past-present and hopefully future.
it is suppose to be the Ultimate Rugby Gaming site (thats what i think it was called in the start of the year).

i read the review, very indepth
best part i like is the advance passing system, sounds really promising when mastered.

CeeJay
20-11-05, 04:19 AM
The review sounds very promising, but those vids are pretty ugly looking, the graphics and animations look exactly the same as rugby league1. I trust that it will be alot better once im actually playing it.

jared27
20-11-05, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Nov 20 2005, 04:19 PM
The review sounds very promising, but those vids are pretty ugly looking, the graphics and animations look exactly the same as rugby league1. I trust that it will be alot better once im actually playing it.
Yep definitley. The game didn&#39;t look good.
Although there are new animations, eg the forcing of the ball with a defender, it still seems like the exact same animation/graphics engine.

But when I read Locksley&#39;s preview it seemed soo much better, as if those vids were form a completely different game. hopefully that build of the game is very early.

...and yes I do realise that fraps was running in the background, and something about the video quality was low.

kaftka
20-11-05, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by locksley@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
No Xbox version til next year - Boooo
Didn&#39;t hear about that before...

I&#39;m glad it&#39;s even coming out on Xbox...

jimmy44
22-11-05, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Jacko+Nov 20 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Nov 20 2005, 10:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley@Nov 20 2005, 10:46 AM
RC2006

Strengths

Solid gameplay
Excellent player control
Superb responsiveness
Brilliant Passing system
Excellent Kicking system
Nice Graphics
Fun with a capital F

Weaknesses

Weak Commentary
Lots of Made up names
I know this is a RL2 topic but I wouldn&#39;t have any probs with these weaknesses in RC06. Realistically i can&#39;t see any point in playing &#39;halves&#39; (not matches I asume) that go for over 15 minutes. Also who are the commentators?

It seems i&#39;ll enjoy RC more than RL but that&#39;s my opinion. Why is RL harder to pick up and play quickly than RC. Is it the controls, etc? [/b]
No I think the maximum half time is only 7.5 minutes which is what I hate about rugby challenge 2006 - why oh why couldn&#39;t they have included longer match times for those of us that want a bit more realism. 15 minute match is not enough time in my opinion.

bippy
30-11-05, 03:39 AM
Locks or knownsely, any chance of more movies please?

bippy
04-12-05, 06:39 AM
????

kinkon89
04-12-05, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by bippy@Nov 30 2005, 01:39 PM
Locks or knownsely, any chance of more movies please?
more?

where more? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow.gif

woosaah
04-12-05, 08:24 PM
na no point for more movies, it comes out this week guys just wait til thursday http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif 4 days counting today http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

locksley
04-12-05, 10:43 PM
My website will be updated in around 2 hours.

Update includes:

2 new movies for Rugby League 2 (Including one that will REALLY make you want to play RL2)

Preview of the new Mobile Phone game

Screenshots from the Mobile game

Footage from the mobile game.

kaftka
04-12-05, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Dec 5 2005, 10:43 AM

Update includes:

2 new movies for Rugby League 2 (Including one that will REALLY make you want to play RL2)

You Ledgend. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

esoj
04-12-05, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 5 2005, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 5 2005, 11:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley@Dec 5 2005, 10:43 AM

Update includes:

You Ledgend. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif [/b]
word

locksley you are awesome.

bippy
05-12-05, 02:05 AM
YEHHHHHH!!