PDA

View Full Version : Eb Maddness

CeeJay
22-11-05, 05:16 AM
I webt to EB today to pre order RL2 for pc. The guy i spoke to told me that the release date is not the 8th of december and that it was just another rough date given to them(like september) He told me it was unlikely to come out on the 8th. Has anyone else had anything like this? I know that we should take what eb says with a pinch of salt, but the guy didnt seem like a know-all. I preordered anyway, hope hes wrong.

davidson
22-11-05, 05:58 PM
well sidhe have dec 8 on their home page. that seems pretty likely as they had previously been so unwilling to commit to a date.

St Helens RLFC
22-11-05, 06:04 PM
December 9th is what they said in Gamestation....

esoj
22-11-05, 09:53 PM
some stores may get it a day late maybe 2 max but anything beyond that is just wrong. the game is entered manufacturing so the only delay possible would be some sort of shipping problem or fault in the duplication process.

in other eb news the store in Miranda Sydeny is closing in on the single store pre-order record and might possibly break it

CeeJay
22-11-05, 11:01 PM
I just dont want to get to dec 8th and get shat on.

Does anyone know exactly how many pre-orders the eb in miranda has?

woosaah
22-11-05, 11:36 PM
miranda? isn't that like a drink or something?

esoj
23-11-05, 03:10 AM
sure is although i haven't had one in about 2 years maybe even 3.

woosaah
23-11-05, 03:17 AM
i have one whenever i have idian down by my local eb (b4 i go in and have a look around)

roll on dec 8

esoj
23-11-05, 03:34 AM
yep roll on december 8 already

-JJ-
23-11-05, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 23 2005, 12:36 PM
miranda? isn't that like a drink or something?
Mirinda is a drink.

Miranda is a place name, there's one in NZ aswell.

I love google image search.

http://hcmc2001.hp.infoseek.co.jp/sonota/mirinda.jpg
Anybody else wonder what this entire ad says? Note the bottom left "MeNgay"
http://www.cuppybunny.com/journal/images/mirinda.jpg
http://img.2dehands.be/f/ad/8838879-blikje-mirinda-een-soort-fanta-uit-afghanistan.jpg

Seems quite popular in non-english speaking places.

We've got it on tap at KFC.

kaftka
23-11-05, 09:13 AM
You still work there then?

CeeJay
23-11-05, 09:35 AM
Just read a post over at the rugby league forums, someone said that eb said the pc relase date was not Dec 8, and will in fact be released a month or so after Ps2 version. Mario responded to this by saying that "The pc version is scheduled for release on december 8th at this time" does this ring a bell, "This game is scheduled for a spetember release at this time" I smell a big rat, I think those of us getting it on pc version are about to be F**ked over.

esoj
23-11-05, 10:12 PM
nah its just rumour and hype from a fan really. and the september release was good until they made a decision to delay the game for whatever reason. it just crap from eb really they never have a clue. baring something going really wrong either in duplication or shipping then both versions will be out on december 8th.

CeeJay
23-11-05, 11:04 PM
We should find out in the next seven days, coz any delays will hav to be announced at least a week before due date, otherwise we can assume that it has gone gold. I hav Ps2 and PC, but its the pc version I want, its got better graphics and i can modify kits. Id be gutted if it got delayed.

esoj
23-11-05, 11:22 PM
aye me too as I only have a pc. the chances of soemthing going wrong apart from shipping is very remote so I am very confident we will get the game on the 8th

woosaah
23-11-05, 11:54 PM
yeah i hope they dont delay it on the pc, i dont have my ps2 any more, though my flatmate is getting it on ps2, but its not like he has his ps2 hooked up to online

Ripper
24-11-05, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by JJ-+Nov 23 2005, 06:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Nov 23 2005, 06:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah@Nov 23 2005, 12:36 PM
miranda? isn&#39;t that like a drink or something?
Mirinda is a drink.

Miranda is a place name, there&#39;s one in NZ aswell.

I love google image search.

http://hcmc2001.hp.infoseek.co.jp/sonota/mirinda.jpg
Anybody else wonder what this entire ad says? Note the bottom left "MeNgay"
http://www.cuppybunny.com/journal/images/mirinda.jpg
http://img.2dehands.be/f/ad/8838879-blikje-mirinda-een-soort-fanta-uit-afghanistan.jpg

Seems quite popular in non-english speaking places.

We&#39;ve got it on tap at KFC. [/b]
Nothing wrong with Miranda, Im semi addicted to the Raspberry one myself personally.

-JJ-
24-11-05, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 23 2005, 10:13 PM
You still work there then?
Still work there? Yeah, although I&#39;ve only been there since March, not that long.

I love how on-topic I am.

esoj
24-11-05, 12:59 AM
is there any a topic thst stays on topc ever on trf.

CeeJay
24-11-05, 01:38 AM
If the pc version is delayed then EB miranda should lose the record because all the pc pre orders will be cancelled. I would think that at least a third of pre orders would be on pc.

I just think its odd that EB called that guy to tell him that the pc version was delayed, they must hav been workng off some info from somewhere, usually they get ther info from the distributers, who in turn should get there info from the publishers, so.. just a tiny bit worried. Dec 8th is to close for them to rip it out from under us, that would be too cruel.

esoj
24-11-05, 01:56 AM
defintely is odd but its eb they are the retailers and no nothing. they are knowen for spouting crap all over the place. I am not really worried at all as the only real danger is a shipping problem to the stores and that happens vere rarely these days.

CeeJay
24-11-05, 03:12 AM
Yeah, and a shipping problem should result in a short delay, not one or two months.

esoj
24-11-05, 03:30 AM
yep shipping delay would be very short maybe a week possibly but not more than a month thas for sure

CeeJay
29-11-05, 02:23 AM
There still seems to be alot of speculation about a delay over at the RL2 forums. According to some members alot of u.k. and now aussie retailers have the game pushed back to the 17th, this seems a bit odd, although, mario and alan have assured people that short of a plane crash or somthing, that there will be no delay, but thats a small comfort after september. Anyway, I checked gamesman and its still the 8th. Does anyone know of what any other n.z. sites or retailers have the release date as? EB told me it will be delayed 2 months, but I think thats crap.

woosaah
29-11-05, 02:27 AM
hope not gamestation still have it as dec 8th

if that is the case and it is out on the 8th everywhere except at EB ill just go to one of hte other places.

esoj
29-11-05, 02:32 AM
i just checked dse gameplanet and noel leeming site all still have 8th.

ak47
29-11-05, 02:35 AM
keep in mind EB&#39;s suppliers or distributers have resumes soaked in puss

every game that gets released, EB gets it last.

Target
Kmart
Websites - all get it earlier than EB

EB have the worst process of distribution

I never go there anymore and ask for anything

I go in and look at the shelf...walk out, and go to the internet cafe if I wanna know the truth.............

Ripper
29-11-05, 02:45 AM
I goto EB because rarely... and I mean rarely they have the best price.

Dick Smith are usually the cheapest, and have a preety good track record, at least in NZ. Gameplanet also are preety good (just bought FM 2005 off them for 19.99 + 5 dollars p&h, most places have it full price still)

esoj
29-11-05, 03:06 AM
I avoid eb at all cost if i can help it. their games are generally over priced and their stock selection shocking. the only good thing i got from eb was half life 2 for $50 we they had a sale on. dse and gameplanet are aweseom. they always have good prices compared to the others. the gamesman gets a mention as well great staff there. this whole 17th december thing has been sparkd by knightsmania who is proabbly about to get banned from the sidhe forums.

CeeJay
29-11-05, 03:35 AM
I go to EB because pf there 7 day return policy. and Ive found both gamesman and EB to be equally useles with release dates. Ive pre ordered it with eb but if they dont hav it on the 8th ill go straight to gamesman, coz i know i wont return RL2.

esoj
29-11-05, 03:52 AM
yeah i have bought the odd game from eb but not many.

CeeJay
01-12-05, 08:31 PM
Well, its started up again over at the RL2 forums, it seems that more amd more EBs are saying that the pc version is delayed til next year. The only difference is that this time mario and alan arent saying a word, peps at the RL2 forum think this is coz they are tired of repeating themselves, or could it be true this time! I would hav thought that we would be safe this close to release.

I didnt realise how many people seemed to hav ordered this for pc, I thought only the odd person would, but most seem to realise that the pc is the better version. If it gets delayed now sales will be crushed.

ak47
01-12-05, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 2 2005, 08:31 AM
Well, its started up again over at the RL2 forums, it seems that more amd more EBs are saying that the pc version is delayed til next year. The only difference is that this time mario and alan arent saying a word, peps at the RL2 forum think this is coz they are tired of repeating themselves, or could it be true this time! I would hav thought that we would be safe this close to release.

I didnt realise how many people seemed to hav ordered this for pc, I thought only the odd person would, but most seem to realise that the pc is the better version. If it gets delayed now sales will be crushed.
so it can be modded and we all know this game will need a patch for one reason or another

Mario/Alan silent game is just another example of poor PR...even if they are tied of repeating themselves.........its their forum, they set it up........answer the bloody fans that put the dosh in ur families pocket.

sambãd5
01-12-05, 09:05 PM
when it comes to time management, whos worse? sidhe or road workers?

CeeJay
01-12-05, 10:07 PM
I agree that they should answer, if they havent by the end of the working day today, then I will hav to start worrying about pc delay again.

esoj
01-12-05, 10:19 PM
well they should answer for sure but they do have lives you know and they could be extremely busy in the lead up to launch day. The forums yes are set up by Sidhe but that doesn&#39;t mean they have to answer every single question that people ask. Some developers that have forums do but other like ubisoft are basically non-exsistient. There is no delay at all and it is just eb being stupid.

CeeJay
02-12-05, 04:08 AM
Your probably right, but its always nice to get reassureance! Im sure they are busy, and that there will be no delay, as it will kill huge amoutsn of their pre-orders and sales. I still worry a little though, nothing is sacred in this industry and anything could happen yet.

esoj
02-12-05, 04:47 AM
yeah true I guess. it is interesting though how many people are actually getting on pc. I thought a lot more would be getting it on ps2 but it seems like there is a fair proportion on the sidhe forums and this forum that are getting it on pc

CeeJay
02-12-05, 10:46 AM
Thats why they are screwed if there is a pc delay.

CeeJay
02-12-05, 08:49 PM
If the game is scheduled or release on thursday, then surely it has gone gold and is ready for shipping on monday. So a delay should be next to impossible, unless its already happened but been hushed.

esoj
03-12-05, 11:42 PM
I can&#39;t see any delay happening now. wonder if any stores in auckland in nz will do a midnight release

CeeJay
03-12-05, 11:47 PM
I dont think they will, unless they had heaps of preorders. I prefer having to wait til morning and get up early, it reminds me of Christmas when i was a kid.

esoj
04-12-05, 01:12 AM
yeah i doubt any will as they tend to do it for the big name games where they know there will be heaps of people either pre-ordering or getting the game on release day. I will proabbly just get up early enough to be at some time around 8:30 (am

-JJ-
04-12-05, 04:21 AM
Planning on having a drinks/BBQ on Thursday night for my birthday/no-more-exams-for-anyone thing, so I think I might have to have it all organized on Wednesday so I can just play RL2 all day on Thursday. Then I suppose I&#39;ll have to entertain people that night.

BTW, you still providing the sausage Kaftka?

kaftka
04-12-05, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 4 2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah mate.

But I was thinking, I would have to bring a pretty huge sausage if.... Oh.

Oh JJ, behave, there could be children viewing this forum.

-JJ-
04-12-05, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 4 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 4 2005, 05:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-@Dec 4 2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah mate.

Oh JJ, behave, there could be children viewing this forum. [/b]
What?

Oh.

I see. Sorry. Typo.

Honestly.

Or something. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif

kaftka
04-12-05, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by JJ-+Dec 4 2005, 04:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Dec 4 2005, 04:36 PM)</div>

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 4 2005, 05:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-@Dec 4 2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah mate.

Oh JJ, behave, there could be children viewing this forum.
What?

Oh.

I see. Sorry. Typo.

Honestly.

Or something. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif [/b]
CAUGHT!! CAUGHT!! HAHA!! You&#39;re talking about sausages in the gaming section!! I&#39;ll have your badge removed! Y&#39;know, the cute little one that says F.B.I, but has a completely different meaning than the American agency of the same name Hahaha, oh man, those are a hoot.

-JJ-
04-12-05, 04:42 AM
Female Body Inspector? <- I didn&#39;t make that, I&#39;m not that lame, or at least my Mom tells me I&#39;m not, I think I saw it on a t-shirt once.

kaftka
04-12-05, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 4 2005, 04:42 PM
Female Body Inspector? <- I didn&#39;t make that, I&#39;m not that lame, or at least my Mom tells me I&#39;m not, I think I saw it on a t-shirt once.
&#39;Mom&#39;? &#39;MOM&#39;!?!! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

&#39;MOM&#39;!?!?!

&#39;MOM&#39;!?!?!?!

-JJ-
04-12-05, 06:38 AM
Yeah, that was deliberate.

"Mum" just didn&#39;t seem to fit.

Sooo.

I&#39;ll try and get kind of topic just for a little bit eh?

First game: Warriors v Tigers at Jade Stadium.

esoj
04-12-05, 09:21 AM
yeah that will be interesting the first game. Has to be warriors v somebody as I think you have to unlock the international teams again.

woosaah
04-12-05, 08:23 PM
my first game,

Eels vs Knights at Parramatta Stadium http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

that was my first parramatta game i went to, took a holiday to aussie just to see the eels play i just like reliving the moment especiall ysince parra hadn&#39;t won a game all season (i think this was round 8) and the knights were on a hot streak. Parra eded up winning by 44 -20 something http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif it was a few eyars ago, but i enjoyed every minute of it

CeeJay
05-12-05, 03:26 AM
Just spoke to my local EB and Gamesman, they both said that RL2 for ps2 arrived in stock today.Niether of them got any for pc? whats going on??

esoj
05-12-05, 03:33 AM
no idea pc stock may not have arrived yet thats all. ps2 stock seems to have arrived at dse as well. nothing to worry about i would say that ps2 was either manufactured first or was just shipped first to retailers

ak47
05-12-05, 03:35 AM
You want EB madness

On Saturday I go up there, and the doors are closed, with cardboard everywhere

Sign saying

EB is closed until furthur notice

Now you can guess what happens next.....

esoj
05-12-05, 03:39 AM
eh so your local eb has gone under or something. all pre-orders pending now gone.

ak47
05-12-05, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 5 2005, 03:39 PM
eh so your local eb has gone under or something. all pre-orders pending now gone.
at first yes..........that was our assumption.

All of a sudden me and my mates were well trained in anything al-queeda want.

We were ready, to die for our love of rugby league, our love for a gaming outlet, our love for being 25 yr old league nuts with gaming generation blood, with expendable incomes, we were ready to make sacrifices, so those retail infadels screwing us were dealt, with full repocussions.

got on the Nokia..........even Norway seemed a target at the time.

Called EB pitt st.

"What the hells going on, with ur bondi shop.......its closed and I have 5 pre-orders of RL2, scheduled for this thursday...........it says its closed, so i wanna know if my pre-order has moved to another store etc etc etc"

EB
"dont worry sir, they are just renovating, bigger store"
AK
"dont worry??........5 pre-orders, will this be open by thursday"
EB
"Yes sir its meant to be open again by now"
AK
"Well its not"
EB
"Sorry, cant help you, try again tomorrow, they should be open"

I call up on sunday, and they are back open and bigger

But hey.............try imagining the looks on 3x25yr olds, when they saw
"EB has closed until furthur notice"
Man, all the pretty women, all the mecedez benz, all the yuppie guppies on their mobiles, were looking at us like we were Atta n Co boarding jets on 9/11.

We went straight to the pub, to punt, blow up at the situation, and drown sorrows.

False alarm, but jeezus, my blood-pressure took a major warning http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

CeeJay
05-12-05, 04:09 AM
Well i think that does take the cake for EB maddness!!

esoj, you seem to have a relatively calm approach to all of my panic attacks. I hope your right. You are getting it on pc, in nz, arnt you? So if the S**t hits the fan I wont be the only one gutted.

Oh, the eb store I pre ordered with now tell me that the 8th is correct, but it just hasnt shown up. I would of thought they would all be manufactured and shipped by the same people at the same time.

esoj
05-12-05, 04:38 AM
yep getting it on pc in auckland. I have always been calm and some even say i work for Sidhe. I will be very gutted if it is delayed believe me.

oh thats good ak mate but still fairly scary as the release date is fast approaching. A company here in nz central park went under just days before the psp launch. was not good at all and I think some people didn&#39;t even get their pre order or money back

Wally
05-12-05, 07:39 AM
My first game will be something random like Penrith v Wigan at the MCG.

St Helens RLFC
05-12-05, 08:29 AM
My first game will of course be laying the smackdown on the Goons as the Saints at Knowsley Road!