PDA

View Full Version : Early Release

esoj
05-12-05, 08:57 PM
Rugby League 2 shipping today! http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/2552.html
Posted by Matt on Tuesday, 6th December 2005 @ 10:34AM

Sidhe Interactive's Rugby League 2 is shipping earlier than expected - today, in fact!

There's still a handful of free Warriors controllers from Mad Catz left for the PlayStation 2 version of the game, so order your copy now to secure yours before they run out!

Rugby League 2 features a whole lot more than the first version of the game, including a franchise mode, online play and numerous gameplay improvements. We can't wait to give the Aussies another thrashing this weekend...

-JJ-
05-12-05, 09:00 PM
Damn. I order basically all of my games with them. Except this one.

Ah well.

esoj
05-12-05, 09:07 PM
yeah well I am assuming it's the pre orders going out today with in store release tomorrow. So maybe the game is going to releasee everywhere tomorrow instead of Thursday.

ak47
05-12-05, 09:12 PM
Good spotting ESOJ

i reckon my EB is just going to call me on thursday

I mean all this early release talk would just make the staff rebel against extra work.

They'd be like

"eerrm yeah we got it in, but u cant get it till thursday"

ie the pricks are lazy, and dont wanna unpack, except for themselves and their nerd alert mates

esoj
05-12-05, 09:15 PM
yeah well most places have stock of both platforms now I think so looks like release in nz will proabbly be tomorrow instead of on the 8th. I noticed on the gp site that all of their due dates have changed to the 7th for both pc and ps2. I think other stores could follow suit

CeeJay
05-12-05, 09:48 PM
Has anyone actually confirmed that the pc version has arrived (still hasnt at my local)

locksley
05-12-05, 10:49 PM
PC version will probably be about a week later than PS2

esoj
05-12-05, 10:53 PM
I don't know exactly what version but radman on the sidhe forums has it. got it from gamesman in lower hutt.

ak47
05-12-05, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 6 2005, 11:53 AM
I don't know exactly what version but radman on the sidhe forums has it. got it from gamesman in lower hutt.
He's the only one on the sidhe forums worth having a chat...although lived their 24/7.

good on him

ak47
05-12-05, 11:14 PM
i just got a missed call from EB

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

now i gotto get out of work

ok

I have a dinner at 7pm..............means i leave no later than 6pm....got i love life!!!

CeeJay
05-12-05, 11:22 PM
So the PC version is Delayed esoj.

esoj
05-12-05, 11:31 PM
I have no idea what is going on with the pc version at all. locksley seems to have some inside info on it though

edit just quickly checked some sites dse don&#39;t seem to have any pc stock at all but there ps2 seems to in stock just waiting to be released.

gameplanet have both due for the 7th and seem to be shipping out pre-orders today

gamesman have both due for the 8th and in wellington lower hutt seem to be either selling or sending out pre-orders

CeeJay
05-12-05, 11:36 PM
Id finally let my guard down, and stopped worrying about the pc release. You think that two days out, they would at least hav told people earlier, theres going to be alot of people F**ked off by this, and the worst part is most wont know it til thursday.

Ill cancel my preorder 2morrow morning.

ak47
05-12-05, 11:44 PM
Well I call EB

EB madness has struck again

They are just calling people that they can pick them up on thursday

Which means they have it in, but wont release them

Even though I have paid for it......they tell you to pre-order to get it earlier...where&#39;s that particular incentive TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

I legally should have it by Midnight Wednesday, if i want to get as nitty gritty as them

This arvo i am going to go in and sort them out..........even though it never works.

CeeJay
05-12-05, 11:47 PM
At least youll get it in thursday(I presume your talking about ps2 version) pc gamers will have to wait.

esoj
05-12-05, 11:53 PM
maybe ceejay maybe. most nz places still have it due in on the 8th or in gp nz case tomorrow.

Hard to say their ak mate but I know in nz at place like gp store when you pre order they normally send the game out the day before so that you can sometime in the morning the next day before the shops open. Eb I don&#39;t really know what their policy is but I assume it&#39;s similar to gp store nz

CeeJay
06-12-05, 12:02 AM
One of the guys from sidhe said that there would be no delay, short of a plane crash,natural disaster etc, thats too much of a big lie for them to tell isnt it? It cant be delayed?! ( im going into denial)

the only reason i can think of for a delay, is that they signed some deal with sony to delay the release at the last minute in order to maximise PS2 sales. thats my conspiracy theory for the day.

esoj
06-12-05, 12:06 AM
lol fair enough. yeah if there is pc delay it would have to be something massive. people on sidhe forums have confirmed that eb will have both available on thursday. just been reading the sidhe forums and it seems a few stors are now at least allowing pick up of pre orders and it seems that the release now will be tomorrow at most places

CeeJay
06-12-05, 12:09 AM
Yeah, the guys over at rugby league2 forums said that EB has both, but they wont be releasing pc on the 8th coz they have not been advised of a release date.

esoj
06-12-05, 12:23 AM
yeah defintely seems like some store are stil sticking to the 8th while some are at least alowing pre-orders to be picked up.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 01:07 AM
Oh boy, Oh boy, do I have some good news!!!!!

In my dismay I called up gamesman and asked if they had Rl2 on pc in stock, he said yes! not only that, he said its on sale today!! so I shot down there so fast that the guy thought I teleported! anyway i bought a copy(they had PS2 aswell) and it was only 79.95, im intsalling it now, I cant seem to stop laughing maniacally.

Oh, EB still werent sure, so they can shuv their pre-order.

Kiwi gamers, call up yer gamesman!

BigTen
06-12-05, 01:24 AM
That is sweet CeeJay - tell us what your first impressions of the game are!

esoj
06-12-05, 01:36 AM
oh its out at gamesman cool. I will get it tomorrow then If i can&#39;t get it tonight

I have a requst from some friends. they want to see some screen shots of the game with maxed out screenshots. thanks a lot if you can do this

-JJ-
06-12-05, 01:45 AM
Anybody ordered online with Gamesman before? My order status is "Processing" but I can&#39;t remember if it has always been "Processing" or whether it&#39;s changed.

umosay
06-12-05, 01:46 AM
CeeJay any chance of some hi-res pics from the PC version... thanks if you can.

aussie1st
06-12-05, 01:48 AM
Cool which gameman store was that from CeeJay?

Paddy
06-12-05, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 02:07 PM
Oh boy, Oh boy, do I have some good news!!!!!

In my dismay I called up gamesman and asked if they had Rl2 on pc in stock, he said yes! not only that, he said its on sale today!! so I shot down there so fast that the guy thought I teleported! anyway i bought a copy(they had PS2 aswell) and it was only 79.95, im intsalling it now, I cant seem to stop laughing maniacally.

Oh, EB still werent sure, so they can shuv their pre-order.

Kiwi gamers, call up yer gamesman!
hey ceejay

for the PC version

did it have a cd key for online play? and how many cd&#39;s is it?

esoj
06-12-05, 01:55 AM
someone just posted this on the sidhe forums seems like the game might be out at dse as well

Sup ya&#39;al I got my game from Smith Electronics in Orewa, NZ

CeeJay
06-12-05, 01:55 AM
Well, im having some problems, there is no custom control options!! I cant map my controller or the keyboard!!! I have to use defaults keyboard only, so im getting smashed!

Game looks good maxed out, very smooth, makes the PS2 version look ugly.

I got it from Gamesman in Palmerston North, they have 5 pc copies left.

I would be happy to post some screens if someone would tell me how to do it, i dont know how to take them or how o post them.I would imagine I press print scree, and then where do I find them and what do I do?

I cant play on line, so i havent tried, but no cd key was needed for insallation.

ak47
06-12-05, 01:56 AM
good work ceejay

persistence pays

for RL1 gamesmen penshurst had a few copies lying around for people like me that never pre-ordered

i reckon they are good to go today aswell, but i am locked in @ EB, and cannot cancel coz of my pre-orders for mates in the UK, and my raiders controller

god i hope i get another phone call tellin me, come today, tomorrow

aussie1st
06-12-05, 01:56 AM
Fraps usually is a good option. Just push F10 usually.
Print screen you need to open a paint program and paste it in there. Then save it.

Paddy
06-12-05, 01:57 AM
why cant you play online? and NO CD key? My god, that means pirates are gonna play online

to take a screenshot

press print screen

then open paint or something, and press CTRL + V

then save ur picture and upload it

CeeJay
06-12-05, 02:12 AM
F**k man, I cant play this game!! the default keyboard controls are all over the place, im getting schooled in schoolboy mode!! Not much fun with these controls.

I cant play online coz i dont hav a high speed connection.

How do you upload it??

Paddy
06-12-05, 02:14 AM
wtf

so you cant change controls?

doesnt the manual tell what controls are which?

esoj
06-12-05, 02:14 AM
that seems odd that you can&#39;t change the controls although its not unheard of in games

Parore
06-12-05, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 03:12 PM
F**k man, I cant play this game!! the default keyboard controls are all over the place, im getting schooled in schoolboy mode!! Not much fun with these controls.

I cant play online coz i dont hav a high speed connection.

How do you upload it??
lol ur not playing with the Warriors are you??

aussie1st
06-12-05, 02:26 AM
Upload it here http://www.imageshack.us/

Wally
06-12-05, 02:28 AM
All those piraters out there can now download the game, and I assume also play online if there is no CD key.

Paddy
06-12-05, 02:28 AM
^ no sh*t

Wally
06-12-05, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 03:28 PM
^ no sh*t
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

CeeJay
06-12-05, 02:30 AM
Yup, just scored my first try in the corner with Toopi, an awsome dive! The controls are like the default keyboard controls from RL1, and I cant find anywhere to change them. The pass left and right buttons ar d and f and it causes you to pass the wrong way all the time.

Paddy
06-12-05, 02:31 AM
ceejay

wanna tell me whats Karmichal Hunt stats are and brent tate and shaun berrigan while ur at it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

cheers

Parore
06-12-05, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 03:30 PM
Yup, just scored my first try in the corner with Toopi, an awsome dive! The controls are like the default keyboard controls from RL1, and I cant find anywhere to change them. The pass left and right buttons ar d and f and it causes you to pass the wrong way all the time.
Wow Warriors scoring lol. Hope you took a screenshot of that, a rare event!

Wally
06-12-05, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Parore+Dec 6 2005, 03:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Dec 6 2005, 03:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 03:30 PM
Wow Warriors scoring lol. Hope you took a screenshot of that, a rare event! [/b]
[/lame]

esoj
06-12-05, 02:39 AM
no pressure ceejay mate but some screen shot on max graphics would be nice. just use print screen then paste them into paint save and upload using imageshack

ak47
06-12-05, 02:49 AM
coMe on ceejay

i wanna see a woolford spear/high tackle...........cant be that hard........just press NORMAL TACKLE http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 02:50 AM
well don&#39;t know what you are on about los lover but the game is available everywhere in nz just about it seems.

this game is going to get pirated big time going by this reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoj
do you need a cd key or anything to play online because some else that has the game said they didn&#39;t have use one to install the game

Radman
As long as everything is fast with your modem and the settings are sweet then all you need is a username and password.

there is no anti-piracy protection at all it seems to this game is going to get pirated big time i think

NZL Fan
06-12-05, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Dec 6 2005, 03:47 PM
there is only one store that sends before the release date......

and it has done so.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

Gaming nirvana

NOTE - made by the biggest ******* ******* ****** on earth http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Oh well, the devil always serves the sweetest treats.

Go the warriors and the steep learnign curve....yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaa
Gamesman have it sitting on their shelves ready to buy as well, as do some Dick Smith stores..............

Rung EB Takapuna and Glenfield and both said they "hoped" to release on Thursday - Takapuna said they hadn&#39;t received any games as yet????

Same as RL1, EB release after everybody else and heaps of people cancel their pre orders with them in order to get it early.

Paddy
06-12-05, 02:54 AM
yeh, we figured that out awhile ago

and it IS out on the internet to download btw, been out for 3days now

esoj
06-12-05, 02:57 AM
yeah i had heard about a torrent on the net seems a bit dodgey though as the one person seeding it suddenly dissappeared.

edit and anyway the game is out in most places in nz at the moment.

Paddy
06-12-05, 03:03 AM
his still there

im not getting it tho, im buying it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 03:05 AM
yeah same here torrent is way too dodgey and like i said it&#39;s already out here in nz.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 03:13 AM
Has someone esle got this yet?!! The controls are horrible, its like im just watching the games!

Paddy
06-12-05, 03:15 AM
doesnt the manual tell u the keys dude?

esoj
06-12-05, 03:15 AM
no sorry man but there are plenty on the sidhe forums that do. I will proabbly have to wait until tomorrow before i get it

Paddy
06-12-05, 03:17 AM
i think ceejay is the only one that has the PC version

others on sidhe have PS2

esoj
06-12-05, 03:25 AM
why would you bother waiting for it to download when you can get the game already at shops. paddy I think you maybe right ceejay maybe the only one with pc copy at the moment

Paddy
06-12-05, 03:26 AM
esoj

its only out in some shops in NZ

i dont think any AUS stores are selling it

esoj
06-12-05, 03:29 AM
true it is mainly out in nz but seems like some ebs in aus will be selling tomorrow instead of thursday

-JJ-
06-12-05, 03:39 AM
I think it might be better if we just don&#39;t talk about piracy at all.

It doesn&#39;t matter if you&#39;re not supporting piracy, but if people read it and see what people are saying about it being out there, it might give them ideas.

esoj
06-12-05, 03:41 AM
yeah fair enough jj mate. who can&#39;t wait to get the game now that it is releasing early and will be out proabbly everywhere in nz tomorrow.

thecripplernz
06-12-05, 03:51 AM
we got the game in today, but i cant touch it till it stops renting a little.
that sucks ass!

thecripplernz
06-12-05, 03:52 AM
oh, unless i pay. but im not doing that

Paddy
06-12-05, 04:04 AM
lol, i&#39;d pay http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 04:09 AM
I&#39;d pay for sure man. your missing out dude pay and play

Savage
06-12-05, 04:14 AM
i got it today, Dick smith rang me. nice getting it 2 days before i thought i would be..

It takes quite along time to get into. It&#39;s quite similar to the first one, but the passing system is awesome, way better. You can score great tries by putting together good plays with cut out passes and what not. It&#39;s more interesting aswell. not just break the line and sprint to score (altho you can do that too).

The running is alot better - slightly slower, which makes it seem more realistic. The graphics are also nicer.

The menus seem to lag a bit, and that cut scene logo screen during the game is so frustrating.

The franchise mode is pretty fun, although the injuries are a bit annoying - first 2 games, 3 main players out with 10 week + injuries. ropati i think got 15 weeks injured. I played in the kiwis team, but it was horrible!! altho benji and sonny were in the starting line up, lance thompson, Quigley, Carmont, Luck were aswell. What the hell! im looking foward to playing a world cup, havent explored alot of the game modes.

I&#39;m going to reserve a proper judgement until ive played it for at least a week, as rugby 2005 was a game you had to get into, And now i love R2005.

ill check out rugby challenge aswell, only rent though.

Paddy
06-12-05, 04:18 AM
hey savage

when you make a clean break, does players come and support you?

Parore
06-12-05, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover+Dec 6 2005, 05:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Dec 6 2005, 05:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 05:23 PM
POST DELETED
POST DELETED [/b]
Ahh you can tell school holidays have begun...

esoj
06-12-05, 04:34 AM
lol no just that los lover has returned.

ah sounds good savage. the kiwi team may have been strange as it is based on stats during the season so those guys like luck must have played well during the season although carmont in an international would be scary epsecially on defence

ak47
06-12-05, 04:56 AM
ROFL LMAO

Not @ Los v Pads

But @ EB

Just looked at my receipt

AUD$99.95 i paid for my copies

They retail for $79.95

So $20 return for each copy............suck on that EB!!!!

Paddy
06-12-05, 05:00 AM
hang on, you said u paid 99.95 for ur copies

but they retail for around 79.95

so you spent 20bucks extra on your copies

why r u laughing?

esoj
06-12-05, 05:01 AM
lol go eb they are retailing for $80 nz on pc and $100 on ps2. one of my mates e-mailed dse nz about the pc version being released and the dude replied saying they will be releasing on the 8th so maybe its only the ps2 version they have for sale or pre-order pick up/delievery

esoj
06-12-05, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 07:00 PM

why r u laughing?
because he is going to demand he get $20 off which he deserves if it is retailing for less elsewhere or even at other eb stores

edit

this post from andrew clears things up a bit. seems like if its on sale in nz then places like dse will have both on sale. have a look around tomorrow everyone for the game

Originally Posted by Andrew
I can confirm that the stores that are already selling the game are selling both the PC and PS2 version.

The stores that are waiting for the correct release date should definitely have the PC version

ak47
06-12-05, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 06:00 PM

why r u laughing?
pre-order copies from 6 months ago when the price wasnt known

i am laughing as now I get refunded on the spread, which means.......well I am richer, than i intended!!!!!!

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

edit - i see the confusion now.......EB price is actually $79.95...i aint demanding a better price...its their new price, which is $20 per item less than what they projected 6 months ago

-JJ-
06-12-05, 05:46 AM
If some posts appear odd, it&#39;s because several of Paddy&#39;s and Los Lover&#39;s have been deleted.

Edit - I also find you incredibly annoying in these Sidhe forums Los Lover. So much so that having you banned from it for about a month would make me unbelievably happy. Hmm. I have admin powers. I could do that. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 06:07 AM
an intersting thing i didnt know about RL2: when you pass to someone and push pass again before they catch it they do a quick pass like in rugby2005. Awsome, they kept that pretty quiet.

Players will try to run in support, but if youve got a real quick guy youll drag off your own support, so youve got to slow down and time it.

Im finally getting better, hav gone up one difficulty level, its awsome so far.

Paddy
06-12-05, 07:17 AM
wow, thats awesome

thanks for telling us ceejay

i love the Rugby 2005 passing, so reponsive and smooth

RL2 is gonna crap all over any rugby game

CeeJay
06-12-05, 08:21 AM
Ive started a franchise on seasond difficulty, it is pretty tuff, im the warriors, so far iv lost to the storm, and wests. The game plays like real league and is hard to get tries, they are a bit like goals in soccer.

The bad things are that there are a lot of mistakes that you hav no control over, and many seem unfair, also as you up the difficulty your star players no longer hav finishing pace, so no runnaways.

Tackling is real hard, you seem to just run straight through the attacker.

Dummies no longer work, too often they result in you passing it by accident.

I scored an awsome intercept try with Meli!!

This game is good but its as frustrating as rugby league 1 and just as tough.

I have seen about 5 different try touchdown animations, and they are all cool. Theres a special one for tries in the corner so you dont go dead.

The AI offloads like crazy, but it is rare for the human player to get many chances.

..::ERIC::..
06-12-05, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 6 2005, 10:21 PM
aI have seen about 5 different try touchdown animations, and they are all cool. Theres a special one for tries in the corner so you dont go dead.
Yeah those are mint as.

St Helens RLFC
06-12-05, 09:07 AM
Attempt to get my PS2 fixed takes place tonight - might be playing this friday myself!

Savage
06-12-05, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Paddy@Dec 6 2005, 05:18 PM
hey savage

when you make a clean break, does players come and support you?
Yeah they do support you. I found the best tries scored were through good support. like if toopi makes a break and theres 3 guys almost on him, you can do Pass+Square and throw the massive pass to a guy keeping up with toopi in open pasture. that doesnt really make alot of sense but youll see. The tries seem alot more satisfying, after playing for the night, you can score tries in alot of ways (like real life). Using side step is pretty effective like the first one.

Savage
06-12-05, 10:51 AM
Oh and yeah, the try animations are awesome, the one before the dead ball line especially, just like real life.

The video ref only seemed to come into play with things like a ball&#39;s grounding (bouncing up afterwards). all the help up tries i got were decided by the normal ref, i think that could sometimes go to the vid ref.

the "rugby league 2" screen transition that is all throughout the game really frustrates me, but theres probably a way to turn it off.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 11:04 AM
Scoring tries by passing to support players on a break stops happening fromthe seasoned difficulty upwards. You have to do three hitups and kick on fourth if you want a chance.

Playing in the rain is still crazy, tackles are broken all the time, and the opposition offloads 99% of the time. You hav to rely on AI tackiling coz its hard to do it yourself.

When you play a game in the rain, its fine and sunny in the cut scenes!?

On reserve difficulty, you score some awsome ties, but its just too easy, and on seasoned its realistic, but nowhere near as much fun. The sidestep is pretty much the only thing that works consistantly.

Quite often the opposition will knock on in goal, you think your out of jail, and then the ref plays advantage(everytime), before you know it one of your guys picks it up gets tackeld in goal and its a repeat set to the guys who just coughed it, stupid.

Knock ons!! OMG, you cant complete a set without someone knocking on!
Dont get me wrong, this game is good, im just letting you know some of my personel ups and downs with it.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 11:11 AM
The head gear looks absolutely dire, 10 steps back fromRL1. they look like 1940s Nfl helmets.

toup
06-12-05, 11:58 AM
I think I remember reading that knock-ons etc can be customised, is that true? Maybe you can turn them down a bit?

CeeJay
06-12-05, 12:21 PM
No, they can be turned off or on, thats it. and thats the same with all of the gameplay, i thought we would get sliders. We dont want them off, just fair, at the end of each game i hav 8 knocks to the other teams one.

things that make this game frustrating are knock ons!! honestly, they happen so often its not funny.

Being held up in goal happens all the time, I fianlly got a runnaway try on seaoned difficulty(yes, the first one!) it was with matt sing in origin, but nathan hindmarsh chased all the way and held me up in goal as i attempetd to ground the ball.

Play of the ball is slow enough that ALL of the defenders can get back onside every time without fail. pushing the play ball quickly button does nothing.

Forwards running down backs, this gutted me in RL1, and its back in full force in RL2.

My advice to anyone would be to stick to reserve difficulty, i havent had much fun since I moved up.

When the opposition clears the ball on 5th tackle your guy still picks it up and runs straight out with it when close to the sideline.

Im sooo frustrated, im going to bed, maybe Ill win some games in the morning. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif

jimmy44
06-12-05, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 7 2005, 01:21 AM
No, they can be turned off or on, thats it. and thats the same with all of the gameplay, i thought we would get sliders. We dont want them off, just fair, at the end of each game i hav 8 knocks to the other teams one.

things that make this game frustrating are knock ons!! honestly, they happen so often its not funny.

Being held up in goal happens all the time, I fianlly got a runnaway try on seaoned difficulty(yes, the first one!) it was with matt sing in origin, but nathan hindmarsh chased all the way and held me up in goal as i attempetd to ground the ball.

Play of the ball is slow enough that ALL of the defenders can get back onside every time without fail. pushing the play ball quickly button does nothing.

Forwards running down backs, this gutted me in RL1, and its back in full force in RL2.

My advice to anyone would be to stick to reserve difficulty, i havent had much fun since I moved up.

When the opposition clears the ball on 5th tackle your guy still picks it up and runs straight out with it when close to the sideline.

Im sooo frustrated, im going to bed, maybe Ill win some games in the morning. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif
stick with it mate - remember how difficult we all found rugby 2005 in the beginning and look how easy it is now. one runaway try will lead to more, you just need to practice i&#39;m sure.

woosaah
06-12-05, 07:19 PM
damn i am going to have a walk around here at lunch time, go to eb see if its there (where my pre order is) if not ill go to gamesman, there are 2 in walking distance from where i work. if i get it ill go back and cancel my pre order.

then ill set up my projector and watch the cricket and play some league http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif hope to get it today

i was thinking about oging to the cricket. but dont think i will

esoj
06-12-05, 07:24 PM
yeah man know you can get the best of both worlds. watch the cricket and playing league =the win. I will hopefully go out to new lyn or st lukes and have a look around there to try and find it. there is a dse gamesman eb noelleeming out that way so one of them will hopefully have it

CeeJay
06-12-05, 07:25 PM
Yeah, thats true, and alot of the gripes i have are just niggles left over from Rugby league1. This games has a steep learning curve and is very tough, but thats what we want isnt it. Rugby 2005 is a pussy cat compared to this

You can edit any indiviual players, so you can make all your guys faster to make it easier, but they cost more!

Has anyone else got this? let me know if you cant tackle on the seasoned didifficulty like me, and if you are stuck with one control configuration.

I dread to think how tough legend or league god will be!

esoj
06-12-05, 07:31 PM
yeah the learning curve is supposedly quite high for this game.although I think that is a good thing as it adds to the longevity of the game

woosaah
06-12-05, 07:34 PM
lol, you will get used to it i guess it will be a bit of practice, i am thinking about leaving for a walk at 10am, and leave here by 2 or else i will get the big crowd at the stadium on my train ride home.

yep ill do that hope i dont have any work to do til then (930 now)i am not expexting to get the game, but i really want it that bad

also CeeJay if you download fraps (google it) and set that up you can grab screenshots that way. they will be quite big so you will have to compress them (use paint save as 50% sketch skew option i think) then save as .jpg file.

i think you can add attatchments on this forum can&#39;t you? if not sign up to image shack or photobucket or something like that its real easy http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 07:40 PM
its proabbly easier just to use imageshack or something like that. if you do use fraps ceejay as woosaah said they will be massive and will need converting so open them in paint and save as .jepg files. but of course no pressure for you to do anything for us just would be nice for those of us without the game yet. have fun man can&#39;t wait till I get the game today or tomorrow

CeeJay
06-12-05, 07:41 PM
Go out and get this game guys! I want to hear your opinions!!

aussie1st
06-12-05, 07:48 PM
I&#39;ve just got the game from gamesplus. Installing it now http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 07:56 PM
yeah I plan to go out sometime today hopefully before the cricket starts to get this game. now that my good friend aussie 1st has it I have to get it now

woosaah
06-12-05, 08:05 PM
right leaving now to find it O.o weather looks like its going to rain http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif so anyone who wants to watch the cricket it may be a delayed start

esoj
06-12-05, 08:10 PM
oh cheers woosaah weather forecast did say that morning showers should clear. hopefully it clears up for the game. and hopefully i will have rl 2 before the cricket starts anyway

aussie1st
06-12-05, 08:15 PM
Here is some screenshots
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/364/rugbyleague220051207100546761h.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207100546761h.jpg)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9096/rugbyleague220051207100248436d.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207100248436d.jpg)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4763/rugbyleague220051207100050535y.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207100050535y.jpg)

esoj
06-12-05, 08:18 PM
oh wow those screens look awesome man. any chance of getting a few with warriors in and maybe a few superleague ones for the guys up north

aussie1st
06-12-05, 08:32 PM
Here is some more didn&#39;t get any close up of the UK team.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8238/rugbyleague220051207102453927z.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207102453927z.jpg)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6199/rugbyleague220051207102613706r.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207102613706r.jpg)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3395/rugbyleague220051207102700424j.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rugbyleague220051207102700424j.jpg)

esoj
06-12-05, 08:36 PM
ah looks good.

woosaah
06-12-05, 08:41 PM
just got back i now have the game, dse didn&#39;t have it, eb didn&#39;t have it last stop gamesman had it!!!

but alas i am at work still looking to leave b4 1am so i can take the train home. but at least i have it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

*feels good*

ak47
06-12-05, 08:43 PM
u lucky ********

i&#39;m still set for tomorrow, pending furhtur news from the EB idiots

this knock-on fest is really disturbing.........seems like RL1, u have no control over certain things like high shots, forward passes and knock-ons

got i just hope its the warriors

otherwise i am editing all my players knock-on stat (whatever it may), or i will turn them off.

8 knock-ons to 1 is rediculous

woosaah
06-12-05, 08:46 PM
yeah i am not looking forward to that, why would anyone want to play as the warriors is beyond me anyway http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 09:05 PM
maybe not the default warriors team. that is why there is franchise mode so you can buy marshall and others to have the ultimate warriors team

woosaah
06-12-05, 09:14 PM
but still... its the warriors http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 09:23 PM
yeah but come on where is the kiwi pride and warriors have to be better than playing with the latte sipping roosters

woosaah
06-12-05, 09:34 PM
yeah but its the warriors http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

i have always backed the eels, b4 the warriors joined the comp. though i did follow them when they had greg alexander and sean hoppe. also they had another player, he was center i think, i can&#39;t remember his name but he was my fav back in the day

*looks it up*

Phil Blake LOL

ak47
06-12-05, 09:39 PM
anything is better than a rooster

saw Alan lerking in the midst..........

Perhaps looking for an online challenge

I wont be online till next gen http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif ..................so u should all by lottery tickets.....ya bloody lucky........it would be like watching Winfield Cup DVD&#39;s. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Alan
06-12-05, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ak47@Dec 7 2005, 10:39 AM
saw Alan lerking in the midst..........
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif

esoj
06-12-05, 09:44 PM
yeah I have noticed him lurking around before. Alan it seems like the verdict from this forum is good and you might get some online challenges later today

Alan
06-12-05, 09:51 PM
Sounds good - I&#39;m looking forward to it http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

CeeJay
06-12-05, 10:02 PM
Im trying to post a screen in here, but it says its not the right file format, what is the correct format?

CeeJay
06-12-05, 10:07 PM
Pote one at image shck, someone check if it works?

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4205/minachello3hl.th.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=minachello3hl.jpg)

I think thats the place?!

CeeJay
06-12-05, 10:08 PM
Oh, I can see it worked.

esoj
06-12-05, 10:09 PM
works fine nic pic there ceejay mate

CeeJay
06-12-05, 10:11 PM
sorry if they are too small.

CeeJay
06-12-05, 10:31 PM
I tried to post more, but internet explore keeps crashing. Hey aussie1st, hav you found any control configuration options that i might hav missed?

Paddy
06-12-05, 10:33 PM
can anyone post a screeshot of the page which shows darren lcokyer stats?

aussie1st
06-12-05, 10:34 PM
There is definitely none in the games option. I think you have to edit it outside of the game.

esoj
06-12-05, 10:37 PM
maybe hex edit or text edit one of the files. I don&#39;t know which one but there might be a config one for the controls in there somewhere

woosaah
06-12-05, 10:42 PM
argh i have the game, i have installed the game i just can&#39;t play the game.

not goign to play it at work

argh i want to go home

damnit damn work damn you to hell

*yells at statue of liberty and hits fist against sand*

esoj
06-12-05, 10:43 PM
lol thats proabbly worse than not having the game at all

woosaah
06-12-05, 10:52 PM
your telling me,

damnit and i forgot to put some beer in the fridge http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

aussie1st
06-12-05, 11:20 PM
Heres that Lockyer stats requested.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2193/lock0ox.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lock0ox.jpg)

Morgs
06-12-05, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by aussie1st@Dec 7 2005, 12:20 PM

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/2193/lock0ox.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lock0ox.jpg)
Wow he&#39;s pretty cheap. Would have thought he would be into the 300,000&#39;s.

esoj
06-12-05, 11:30 PM
yeah that not too bad really. could be a good first buy in franchise mode as I don&#39;t think his value would go up by too much.

Paddy
06-12-05, 11:34 PM
thanks aussie, ur the man

no idea why his so cheap, mainly because his stats are underrated anyway

his worth 500k or something in real life

his handling, kicking (not goal), passing should be near full

and he should be FULLBACK in his secondary position

ak47
06-12-05, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by aussie1st@Dec 7 2005, 12:20 PM

ATTENTION ATTENTION

See that &#39;HND&#39; stat

I assume - Hands..ie for knock-ons etc

Turn them up and thats the knock-on fest fixed

Paddy
06-12-05, 11:35 PM
hey aussie1st

can ya post sonny bill, andrew johns stats http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

cheers pal

woosaah
06-12-05, 11:37 PM
he is over rated anyway http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

aussie1st
06-12-05, 11:45 PM
Here you go

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/9708/johns3sp.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=johns3sp.jpg)
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3106/sonny8yi.th.jpg (http://img473.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sonny8yi.jpg)

esoj
06-12-05, 11:48 PM
ah your doing wonder for this forum aussies 1st mate

Paddy
06-12-05, 11:48 PM
thanks man

it seems like its easy to stack ur team full of superstars

cos the the players values is no where near like they are in real life and we still get 3.18million (i think) salary cap

sonny bill is awesome, he has the same speed as lockyer and faster than johns http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ak47
06-12-05, 11:51 PM
can someone tell me if the sidecam has been improved

so i can see the defense, and my backline

RL1 sidecam was unplayable, and parore pics seems as though the sidecam has been fixed for the better

esoj
07-12-05, 12:02 AM
paddy their values can go up during the season and your currnet ones can also ask for more like johns did in real life so you might have to cut some to keep some

Morgs
07-12-05, 12:03 AM
How overrated is Williams. I spose he is a kiwi so they bulked him up but still... Worth $30,000 more than Lockyer, what a joke! http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

Paddy
07-12-05, 12:03 AM
oh ok, might have to play myself to find out

wont be till 2moro tho http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Wally
07-12-05, 12:16 AM
They should have got real photos for the profiles. And having their age in brackets is stupid. If Sidhe didn&#39;t realise do people get older.

NZL Fan
07-12-05, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Dec 7 2005, 12:51 PM
can someone tell me if the sidecam has been improved

so i can see the defense, and my backline

RL1 sidecam was unplayable, and parore pics seems as though the sidecam has been fixed for the better
My first impressions arn&#39;t the best (hope I get over it!)...........

All camera angles (except one) are far away from the action, makes you wonder what the point of having players likenesses is really. The "close behind" cam is only good for "one off" the play the ball type running. Side cam would be good except you cant really see the players to the right (closest to screen) of the play the ball area.

Locks was bang on about one thing, defenders have turning circles of big rigs with massive trailers, and responsiveness is fairly poor even on attack.

Maybe with more gametime I&#39;ll change my tune........

woosaah
07-12-05, 12:25 AM
i have found the unlocking values, and am tempted to play with that even before i haev played the game.

either way i would unlock stuff

looking at the emails

<event>FINISH_LAST</event>
<subject>WE SUCK!</subject>
<sender>CRAZED FAN</sender>
<content>I WAS DOING SOME COOKING THE OTHER DAY.... WITH MY WOODEN SPOON!\nOH MAN! WHAT AN EMBARRASMENT! WHAT A JOKE! WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? WHAT &#39;EXPERTISE&#39; DO YOU HAVE?\nWELL, I GUESS YOU&#39;RE GOOD AT ONE THING... MAKING TEAMS COME LAST!!!</content>
<urgent>0</urgent>

cracked me up http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

also anyone unlocked the kiwi team yet? i found a haka file, maybe you can do the haka someone check that out (i will as soon as i get home)

CeeJay
07-12-05, 01:08 AM
Im still playing on seasoned, and i have to say at this stage, it is not possble to score runnaway tries. all your tries a from 5 metres out and thats it. It sux. Every time you break the line the oppositions forwards and backs run you down ina flash.

when you create an overlap and try to give it to the winger who is in space the ball either goes to ground behind him, into touch or if he catches it he stops dead!! killing any chance of a break.

Im starting to think this game is broken. I tried adjusting gameplay sliders, like speed agility and acceleration, but it applies them to both you and the AI making them useless. I think im gonna go back to reserve soon.

Adjusting agility made defenders more agile, but when u push tackle 9/10 time the attacker runs through you, your better off sitting back and letting the ai defend.

If anyone else is playing on seasoned let me know your thoughts

woosaah
07-12-05, 01:11 AM
yeah i read somewhere you are meant to tap the button for speed burst then hold it down to keep that speed up, maybe that will help?

it was in the hints and tips at the back of the manual

woosaah
07-12-05, 03:41 AM
right ok, i have had 2 games now http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif got my fix for the mo

i like it only been playing on schoolboy still trying to learn the buttons as there is nowhere you can change them but thats cool i just found the speed button and i will get there.

graphics are mint http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif enjoying it so far

had a go at the create a player didn&#39;t like that at all so if i am to create one i will try use the db file. i might be able to do that http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

um.. thats all i got to say for now i go back to game http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

NZL Fan
07-12-05, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 7 2005, 02:08 PM
Im still playing on seasoned, and i have to say at this stage, it is not possble to score runnaway tries. all your tries a from 5 metres out and thats it. It sux. Every time you break the line the oppositions forwards and backs run you down ina flash.

when you create an overlap and try to give it to the winger who is in space the ball either goes to ground behind him, into touch or if he catches it he stops dead!! killing any chance of a break.

Im starting to think this game is broken. I tried adjusting gameplay sliders, like speed agility and acceleration, but it applies them to both you and the AI making them useless. I think im gonna go back to reserve soon.

Adjusting agility made defenders more agile, but when u push tackle 9/10 time the attacker runs through you, your better off sitting back and letting the ai defend.

If anyone else is playing on seasoned let me know your thoughts
Had a few games now on seasoned, and I don&#39;t know about others but I&#39;m getting lots of very low scoring games (single figure type stuff)????

They don&#39;t seem to score many tries (if any) against me??? I think I&#39;ve played 8 games on seasoned and only conceded one try??? (and conceded 2 drop goals). That try was a run from 5 mtrs out by the dummy half which I wasn&#39;t able to stop due to reluctance of my dummy marker to respond at all.

It is way too easy to score close to the try line with a dummy half run as well.

First game I played the game "locked up" when a high ball was put up by the computer and I had to restart the playstation..... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

Defense is really funny (as you mentioned). You always seem to overun the attacking player and when you then turn to give chase your player has to do this massive turning circle - like a large Kenworth might.........

Still, hate to sound so negative - I&#39;ll give it a bit of time and see what develops. Maybe my expectations were set too high.

woosaah
07-12-05, 04:40 AM
i dont have any problem tackling maybe try tackle a wee bit earlier? thats just me though.

it does seam a bit like i am not playing but i think thats getting used to it

i won my first match me eels vs roosters first game of franchise (tried online but no1 online)

i got over the line a few times only won 10-1 (yes 1)

CeeJay
07-12-05, 05:11 AM
there are no probs with tackling on schoolboy or reserve, but as soon as you up it, suddeny u cant tackle anymore.

Ive managed to make it better by fiddling with speed, agility and acceleration, also passing accuracy and break tackels(i adjusted the sliders) I actually scored a try from about half way.

In my franchise I am 1 win and five losses with the warriors, and thats on seasond, once u lose a few u get in a slump.

Its all about field position in this one, whoever gets in the opposition 20 with tackles to spare is likely to score, I just want to score runnaways now and then, so they are possible but very rare.

CeeJay
07-12-05, 05:24 AM
Things ive unlocked:

1. Amphitheatre
2. beach
3. Origin
4.City/country
5.Internationals(no sign of haka)
and some other stadium.

And I unlocked by playing for seven hours, not by completeing them in franchise mode!

aussie1st
07-12-05, 05:26 AM
Is there a world cup?
Also whats beach?

CeeJay
07-12-05, 05:30 AM
Can anyone else confirm the fact that you can only run one franchise on your system at a time(as in if u start a new one, when u save it automatically overwrites your old one) Im pretty sure its the case and its totally bogus. I want to do a couple at least, one with my mate and one for myself. None of this **** was a problem in RL1!!!

woosaah
07-12-05, 05:31 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/woosaah/RugbyLeague22005-12-0719-26-51-29.jpg

this wont last long

yeah i "unlocked" the internationals http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif done the origin by playing for 1 hour http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

i wonder what all the haka bits are, and they have a haka cutscene as well

esoj
07-12-05, 06:31 AM
well I finally have the game have only played one game.

intial thoughts wow it looks mint but what is up with the controls they seem really werid. I have a game pad and it seems bit odd but I have worked out the basics sprint tackle change player punt and pass left or right.

would love to try online out with someone that is fairly new to the game.

St Helens RLFC
07-12-05, 08:13 AM
Anyone got some St Helens shots (including Knowsley Road) for me? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

woosaah
07-12-05, 08:33 AM
st helens suck

i still ranked 1st

esoj
07-12-05, 08:49 AM
I have only played one instant action game so don&#39;t want to get my butt kicked online but maybe i should give it a try

woosaah
07-12-05, 10:14 AM
yeah just dont play ranked games http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

i was stupid and started playing rank games after about 3 normal games where i had only just figured out how to score http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

but i still love the game http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif just wont get much time to play the game atm cause tomorrow i am tryin to hook up with this new girl i been seeing http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

esoj
07-12-05, 10:20 AM
yeah I have played 2 normal games and have almost scored so I will remember not to ranked games when i do play online. tomorrow i will start my franchise after a few more normal games.

aussie1st
07-12-05, 10:34 AM
Hehe thank god I didn&#39;t rank my game http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

CeeJay
07-12-05, 11:29 AM
Enjoy the lower difficulty levels why they last, they fool you into thinking this is a goog game, I have to say the more i play and the higher the difficulty the worse this game gets, and its not a matter of practice, all u hav to do is complete your sets, and gain field position and score the same try over and over and over.
There are no big breaks from you or the computer, all the things that made RL1 a challenge are gone.

You guys will be thinking WTF, but just wait, reserve difficulty shows glimmers of an awsome game, that will be gone trust me, all the fun your having attacking and defending, gone. no matter how much you pretend, every time your winger gets run down by a front rower, youll be like enoooooo!!!

Anther thing to do with Origin selection, sidhe said that it goes on perfromance, well, I always forget to interchange so vilisante has been on the bench all season, he has NO gametime, yet he got selected fo the blues? obviously selection is random.

My franchise is stuck on permanent rainy games, im gonna quit and start again.

On the higher difficulty levels many of the new animaions dissapear, trust me, go back and play reserve after playing seasoned for a while and youll see.

Instead of making the ai tough, they just made players super fast (not yours) and knock ons before you can complete your set.

So far I hav seen no 2 strips, no send offs, no judiciary, grubbers no longer work(on high difficulty) held up in goal all the time, diving on the ball is useles.Video ref screen malfunctions and freezes, that reviewer said no bugs??

I cant belive they screwed this up, they should hav just added new graphics, passing, and animations to RL1, its that simple. Very dissapointed. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

CeeJay
07-12-05, 11:31 AM
Having said that, whats online like? It may save at least some aspect of ths game

EVOL
07-12-05, 12:11 PM
online for me has been terrible.
probably coz i havent been able to connect to it yet, gaaah

NZL Fan
07-12-05, 06:38 PM
The sidhe forum is mainly fairly negative on the game - waiting for more gametime before I make a final verdict (bloody cricket!!!) - but from what I have played so far I am far from impressed............

On harder difficulties I am currently finding it hard to score (except from very close range where it is TOO easy), but the real concern is the non scoring by the computer on these same levels.

I mean, I can only improve on attack, but will the computer attacking AI improve....... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

Responsiveness is a real concern as well. Pass to play maker sort of works 25% of the time, a couple of times I&#39;ve wanted to pass one way but dummy half has passed the other(???), defenders seem to be allergic to tackling (more often then not overrunning the attacker), passing is still very poor (ball always goes behind your winger???), players have turning circles of large Kenworths, the list goes on and on.......

Apparently (I havn&#39;t reached the rep games yet) in franchise when you get to the rep games you&#39;ll have a whole lot of unknown players in these sides from the very first season. One guy on the SIDHE forums has reached the ANZAC test in his FIRST SEASON and in that game there was only 6 recognisable players between the two teams. The rest of the teams was made up of computer created players that don&#39;t appear anywhere else in the game except for rep games......(????), and even those "recognisable" players are randomly picked as some players that havn&#39;t played all season are then picked for rep sides (so much for Marios "rep teams picked on form" comments).

After a great debut with RL1 have SIDHE stuffed this one up??? http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

nosferatu
07-12-05, 06:54 PM
This sounds terrible.
From what I remember,both WCR and Rugby2005 have had good reviews here,at first.
If even the 1st impression is bad..

NZL Fan
07-12-05, 07:03 PM
Hell, I&#39;m hoping with more game time I&#39;ll "unlock" what makes this game playable/enjoyable - havn&#39;t succeeded as yet...........

What about some of the cutscenes?? Theres one common one where the player seems to be looking at low flying aircraft (???), another which shows one player in the distance with nobody around him (thought that might be alright for a fullback, but a prop standing seemingly by himself on defense??? - did he forget to leave at halftime?), and every time you miss a kick at goal the offending player collapses to his knees and has a mental breakdown requiring him to leave the field for professional help ("hey mate its only a missed conversion, we are already 50 points ahead on the scoreboard").