PDA

View Full Version : Those Crazy Sidhe Guys...........

NZL Fan
23-12-05, 03:53 AM
....don't you just love them...........(from the official SIDHE forum)

Originally Posted by TripleM
"Its obvious that the AI is cheating".

MARIO: "You are mistaken. The AI doesn't cheat.
The AI can only achieve what is achievable to the player at any given time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by parraeels_05premiers
"How bought this- you guys make a decent game that isnt full of flaws, has decent graphics and release it on time!!! Oh, wait this is SIDHE that dosent happen. All we get is a game that looks and plays like RL1 (which was crap) and arrives 3 months later than first advertised".

ALAN: er, have you actually played the game? i suggest you take your exagerations elsewhere - criticism is welcome, outright BS is not. (touchy.....)

Quote:
"Well if this game is so greatly improved from RL1 and has so many new and exciting features, why have 90% of the threads that have been started here since it's release, been in regards to bugs, flaws and inaccuracies of the game highlighting how really it hasnt improved much at all?"

ALAN: "Again, you dramatically overstate the item in question."90%"?Yeah, right.
Please don't expect any form of reasoned debate when this is all you bring to the table.
Slap down some facts or opinion and we'll take them on board and thank you for it - positive, negative, indifferent - come what may.
Wave this kind of crap around and we'll simply ignore you - keep doing so and we'll ban you. It's not unreasonable." (Alan starts uncontrollably raising right hand out on a angle straight in front of him......)

Funnily enough "David Brent" didn't get an answer from SIDHE on his excellent post.........

"RL2Addict hit the nail on the head with this post but no one responed to it!
and what about those offloads out of 2 man tackles, human players can not do this!

Sorry, but that's laughable.

If someone is good enough to throw a 4 man cutout pass left, followed by a 5 man cutout pass to the right, followed by a 3 man cutout pass back to the left without...

a) being called for a foward pass

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif being intercepted

c) knocking it on

Then i&#39;ll believe you Mario, but things the AI does is IMPOSSIBLE to do yourself. And that&#39;s not even taking into account they rarely miss tackles when mine increase 300%, they rarely knock on, and the only method of getting the ball is intercepting their crazy offloads (which happen regularly, but are nullified the moment i pass the ball when my player knocks on)."

Mind you theres always the real doozy from Mario in the official FAQ to enjoy..........

How are teams for mid season representative games selected?

"These are selected automatically based on player form throughout the season" (yeah right.....)

-JJ-
23-12-05, 04:07 AM
Meah. I think Sidhe are taking a ridiculous amount of crap over an ok game.

A few people decided they really hated the game, others probably found parts of it they didn&#39;t like and thought they&#39;d jump on the bandwagon.

It didn&#39;t help that it on the Sidhe forums there was far too much hype. It was always going to fall short of the hype but since it was so hyped up there was further to fall.

I recommend people that may have read the above post and decided this game is ****, try the game, make up their own mind anyway, blank these and other negative comments out completely so you don&#39;t focus on them.

CeeJay
23-12-05, 04:20 AM
All of those points about the AI cheating are valid, infact most complaints about this game are valid. But its still a fun game, and im still playing it. I think everyone should try it for themselves, but dont ignore these problems, being aware of all the flaws will lead you to hav realistic expectations and less dissapointment.

Dont you love it how the sidhe guys respond to everything but the post that actually should be responding 2. The original post was by RL2addict and it was ignored and then reiterated with some emphasis by davidbrent and still ignored. Its so frustrating over at the RL2 forums when someone finally makes a a good point they get ignored.

ak47
23-12-05, 04:38 AM
the sidhe forum is just a laughable house of BS

u get BS from the kids
u cop BS from the hosts
u read quality feedback, that is ignored - thus BS
and then u have the 1000 threads per day - more BS

yet Sidhe claim - This place isnt the same........no kidding this place got even smarter, coz we learn, and have evolved into the #1 Rugby forum for gaming and try our best to help the genre.....which obviously based on their own house rules is not aloud.

Oh its just soo funny.........and just makes us look smaller to them...coz we so high, and they stoop even lower............the gap widens, got a sore neck...sidhe do.....

ak47 looks down............squinces his eyes, and focuses on the small matter down below........cop that spit!!!

Sidhe are from Wellington...........is that the full name for a WELL?

umosay
23-12-05, 04:42 AM
Agreed ak,

What&#39;s the bet Mario still trowls around these forums checking ou the opposition...

ak47
23-12-05, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 23 2005, 04:42 PM
Agreed ak,

What&#39;s the bet Mario still trowls around these forums checking ou the opposition...
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

100% correct

u wont get much from his place with all that under 12 banter and SPAM

am still awaiting for the wiggles thread in sidhe&#39;s off-topic

Parore
23-12-05, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 23 2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed ak,

doubt it

knowsleyroader
23-12-05, 05:44 PM
They usually dont respond to comments that are on the money as they would look foolish trying to defend themselves.

Im sure they still check out these forums, more fool them if they dont. No one wanted them to leave, they should have just took the valid criticism on the chin and learn from it like any good developer would.

I for one would welcome Alan and Mario back on here. I certainly have nothing against them and hope they continue their work on Rugby League hopefully taking into account some of the criticisms.

In my view RL2 has clearly been directed at a younger market and I think that shows in the fact they have marketed the graphics, franchise and online play when there are still gameplay issues. The youngsters will overlook most gameplay problems as long as they see a good likeness of Sonny Bill running around.

BTW The Wiggles would be over most peoples heads on the RL2 forum.

esoj
23-12-05, 09:40 PM
knowsley I am sure you and others would welcom them back so you can continue from where you left off.

why should sidhe respond to crap like that in the first post. they are just having a go at sidhe because in thieir view the game sucks and therefore they hate sidhe. so even though mario and alan both replied people still go on and on. these kind of people will never be satisfied just like some on this forum won&#39;t be and restort to having a go at sidhe and mario which i guess makes them feel better but utimately doesn&#39;t achieve anything.

Ripper
23-12-05, 09:44 PM
hahaha, you are such a spastic.

Are you saying we should just be like you and Gol and gush all over the game and not point out any of the bad points of the game? How are they meant to improve the game if all they are getting are "OMG THIS GAME IS THE BEST EVAR!!1 122124/10!!!."

Take a look back, Knowls and co&#39;s posts, they have all been the same. Level headed and fair, pointing out legititmate concerns and faults which must be addressed if they seriously expect to survive in this cut throat industry. Just because its the only League game, doesnt mean they can be slack.

esoj
23-12-05, 09:48 PM
lol if you have read any of my posts you would notice i have pointed out faults in the game as well. some posts have been fine for sure but other I don&#39;t think otherwise alan and mario would still be here. the game does have bugs that is a given but it is not the worst game ever and imo i don&#39;t think sidhe have been slack at all and have taken rugby gaming a long way forward.

NZL Fan
23-12-05, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 23 2005, 04:07 PM

A few people decided they really hated the game, others probably found parts of it they didn&#39;t like and thought they&#39;d jump on the bandwagon.

It didn&#39;t help that it on the Sidhe forums there was far too much hype. It was always going to fall short of the hype but since it was so hyped up there was further to fall.

I recommend people that may have read the above post and decided this game is ****, try the game, make up their own mind anyway, blank these and other negative comments out completely so you don&#39;t focus on them.
The whole point of this thread is not really about the game itself, but about how far the developers PR skills/manners have fallen since those "pre RL1" days..................

To state matter of factly that the "AI doesn&#39;t cheat" (Mario), and then back that up by abusing/threatening other posters who&#39;s views are valid (Alan), smacks of unprofessionalism. Even PES5, with one of the best AI&#39;s of any sports game on the market today "cheats" in some respect on higher levels of difficulty, it is just so well hidden that the player doesn&#39;t even realise what is really occuring - as it should be.

I mean, on one hand Alan says tell us some facts and lay them down on the table, then when someone does just that the developers decide not to answer anyhow??

I know, you know (including you JJ), everybody knows that the computer AI in RL2 (and RL1 for that matter)"cheats", at least on the higher levels. They can offload in any given situation - I&#39;ve had them down on the ground in a 2 man tackle and suddenly the ball will pop up perfectly to a supporting player somehow...............on the top levels they throw multiple, perfectly placed, impossible long passes that you havn&#39;t a hope in hell of copying.

Treating us like little kids by telling us otherwise is pure crap.

Has Mario/Alan ever answered on the SIDHE forum the many questions there regarding why rep teams are obviously NOT picked on form when in the official FAQ of the game Mario says they are??? - not from what I&#39;ve witnessed - I wonder why.........

RL2 itself is playable, but average in the all important gameplay stakes when compared to other sporting games available today. It has in it&#39;s favour the fact that it is the only console representation of the game of rugby league, hence many will overlook its obviously gameplay flaws and enjoy the game for that very fact.

Good on you if you are one of these people - enjoy.

If SIDHE is really serious about producing an outstanding game with RL3 they will still check out this forum for good ideas and constructive comment - something tells me however that they won&#39;t, and are setting off in a very different direction to that which most on here are proposing........

esoj
23-12-05, 10:23 PM
mario or alan did post somewhere that form was one factor involved and not the sole judgement of players getting into rep teams. some people will never be happy unless they get pes or madden type game

NZL Fan
23-12-05, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 10:23 AM
mario or alan did post somewhere that form was one factor involved and not the sole judgement of players getting into rep teams. some people will never be happy unless they get pes or madden type game
To be totally honest I&#39;d be happy for ANY rugby game to get the fundimentals of rugby gameplay correct (effective user controlled running, passing, kicking and tackling, set piece play and an AI capable of a decent challenge without getting an obvious unfair advantage) - forget the flashy cut scenes/graphics/franchise mode - that could wait for following versions.........

..........surely in todays gaming environment that isn&#39;t too much to ask??

sanzar
23-12-05, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 09:23 AM
I think it is a valid comment though... Mario and co really did make it sound as though rep teams would be picked on stats and form for added realism, but it&#39;s just not the case... they should have included an option to pick the team yourself, but for some reason they decided against it.

Ripper
23-12-05, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 11:23 AM
Whats wrong with us expecting a PES or Madden game?

We only have so much money, and if we find PES and Madden better, why should we give them up for an inferior product.

esoj
23-12-05, 11:39 PM
everything is wrong with that. sidhe cannot match that yet they simply don&#39;t have the money to compete with it. money buys resources and development time that sidhe don&#39;t have. if you were expecting a madden or pes level game then no wonder why you are disappointed. Sidhe imo have donw wonders with what they have and hopefully will continue from where they have started.

not every game mets the level that that madden or pes does so you must be very disappointed with a lot of games then. sure money is not unlimited that is why it is good to buy league because it is a niche game and maybe one day if people keep buying it will reach the level of madden and pes. and pes and madden started out crap as well and look where they are now. league is off to a good start and i think it has a bright future. if you prefer pes and madden then stick to them as any games outside of them will disappoint you and make you feel like you are being robbed. the rest of us though will enjoy the efforts sidhe and swordfish make in trying to get the game we love into the best game possible

Serge
24-12-05, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 12:39 PM
everything is wrong with that. sidhe cannot match that yet they simply don&#39;t have the money to compete with it. money buys resources and development time that sidhe don&#39;t have.
Therefore shouldn&#39;t the game have a lower price tag seeing less money was put into it?

Ripper
24-12-05, 06:36 AM
Exactly. The EA Sports 06 range came out at 69.95 each (at least FIFA, NASCAR, NBA Live and Madden did) while RL2 came out at 99.95.

kinkon89
24-12-05, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Parore+Dec 23 2005, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Dec 23 2005, 11:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay@Dec 23 2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed ak,

doubt it [/b]
hmmmmm http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

is that you mario?

knowsleyroader
24-12-05, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 09:40 AM
knowsley I am sure you and others would welcom them back so you can continue from where you left off.

why should sidhe respond to crap like that in the first post. they are just having a go at sidhe because in thieir view the game sucks and therefore they hate sidhe. so even though mario and alan both replied people still go on and on. these kind of people will never be satisfied just like some on this forum won&#39;t be and restort to having a go at sidhe and mario which i guess makes them feel better but utimately doesn&#39;t achieve anything.
I would welcome them back so they could hopefully take on board some of the very legitimate comments made on this forum. If you think I want them to come back so I can abuse them by slagging their game then im afraid you are very wrong.

You really need to get a grip my friend, you are going out on a limb in defense of Sidhe now and that limb is about to drop off !

Saint N Sinner
24-12-05, 10:50 AM
I haven&#39;t played the game so I can&#39;t really give an honest opinion but, I must say it doesn&#39;t sound very good indeed.

I didn&#39;t want to get it even before it was released.

Parore
24-12-05, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by kinkon89+Dec 24 2005, 07:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Dec 24 2005, 07:44 PM)</div>

Originally posted by Parore@Dec 23 2005, 11:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay@Dec 23 2005, 05:42 PM
Agreed ak,

doubt it
hmmmmm http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

is that you mario? [/b]
Yeah its me

doovepop
24-12-05, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 23 2005, 03:53 PM
....don&#39;t you just love them...........(from the official SIDHE forum)

Originally Posted by TripleM
"Its obvious that the AI is cheating".

MARIO: "You are mistaken. The AI doesn&#39;t cheat.
The AI can only achieve what is achievable to the player at any given time."

Quote:
"How bought this- you guys make a decent game that isnt full of flaws, has decent graphics and release it on time!!! Oh, wait this is SIDHE that dosent happen. All we get is a game that looks and plays like RL1 (which was crap) and arrives 3 months later than first advertised".

ALAN: er, have you actually played the game? i suggest you take your exagerations elsewhere - criticism is welcome, outright BS is not. (touchy.....)

Quote:
"Well if this game is so greatly improved from RL1 and has so many new and exciting features, why have 90% of the threads that have been started here since it&#39;s release, been in regards to bugs, flaws and inaccuracies of the game highlighting how really it hasnt improved much at all?"

ALAN: "Again, you dramatically overstate the item in question."90%"?Yeah, right.
Please don&#39;t expect any form of reasoned debate when this is all you bring to the table.
Slap down some facts or opinion and we&#39;ll take them on board and thank you for it - positive, negative, indifferent - come what may.
Wave this kind of crap around and we&#39;ll simply ignore you - keep doing so and we&#39;ll ban you. It&#39;s not unreasonable." (Alan starts uncontrollably raising right hand out on a angle straight in front of him......)

Funnily enough "David Brent" didn&#39;t get an answer from SIDHE on his excellent post.........

"RL2Addict hit the nail on the head with this post but no one responed to it!
and what about those offloads out of 2 man tackles, human players can not do this!

Sorry, but that&#39;s laughable.

If someone is good enough to throw a 4 man cutout pass left, followed by a 5 man cutout pass to the right, followed by a 3 man cutout pass back to the left without...

a) being called for a foward pass

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif being intercepted

c) knocking it on

Then i&#39;ll believe you Mario, but things the AI does is IMPOSSIBLE to do yourself. And that&#39;s not even taking into account they rarely miss tackles when mine increase 300%, they rarely knock on, and the only method of getting the ball is intercepting their crazy offloads (which happen regularly, but are nullified the moment i pass the ball when my player knocks on)."

Mind you theres always the real doozy from Mario in the official FAQ to enjoy..........

How are teams for mid season representative games selected?

"These are selected automatically based on player form throughout the season" (yeah right.....)
yeah i said "oh, someone an&#39;t happy today(referring to sidhe)
and they deleted it.
lol

doovepop
24-12-05, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Dec 24 2005, 10:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Dec 24 2005, 10:06 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-@Dec 23 2005, 04:07 PM

The whole point of this thread is not really about the game itself, but about how far the developers PR skills/manners have fallen since those "pre RL1" days..................

To state matter of factly that the "AI doesn&#39;t cheat" (Mario), and then back that up by abusing/threatening other posters who&#39;s views are valid (Alan), smacks of unprofessionalism. Even PES5, with one of the best AI&#39;s of any sports game on the market today "cheats" in some respect on higher levels of difficulty, it is just so well hidden that the player doesn&#39;t even realise what is really occuring - as it should be.

I mean, on one hand Alan says tell us some facts and lay them down on the table, then when someone does just that the developers decide not to answer anyhow??

I know, you know (including you JJ), everybody knows that the computer AI in RL2 (and RL1 for that matter)"cheats", at least on the higher levels. They can offload in any given situation - I&#39;ve had them down on the ground in a 2 man tackle and suddenly the ball will pop up perfectly to a supporting player somehow...............on the top levels they throw multiple, perfectly placed, impossible long passes that you havn&#39;t a hope in hell of copying.

Treating us like little kids by telling us otherwise is pure crap.

Has Mario/Alan ever answered on the SIDHE forum the many questions there regarding why rep teams are obviously NOT picked on form when in the official FAQ of the game Mario says they are??? - not from what I&#39;ve witnessed - I wonder why.........

RL2 itself is playable, but average in the all important gameplay stakes when compared to other sporting games available today. It has in it&#39;s favour the fact that it is the only console representation of the game of rugby league, hence many will overlook its obviously gameplay flaws and enjoy the game for that very fact.

Good on you if you are one of these people - enjoy.

If SIDHE is really serious about producing an outstanding game with RL3 they will still check out this forum for good ideas and constructive comment - something tells me however that they won&#39;t, and are setting off in a very different direction to that which most on here are proposing........ [/b]
yeah check this thread out
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread....highlight=mario (http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=8647&highlight=mario)

knowsleyroader
24-12-05, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Well, I have the answer. Mario has 500 pms and can&#39;t receive any more because his mailbox is full.
HAHAHAH so who won???????

I like the above bit posted by Mario. Certainly answers why he left trf... " PMS "

..::ERIC::..
24-12-05, 09:04 PM
Haha I didn&#39;t know there was a numerical scale for PMS.

NZL Fan
27-12-05, 07:53 PM
I kind of like this recent post on the SIDHE forums......................funnily enough Mario hasn&#39;t replied to this one either...............

Originally posted by Roaddhogg............

Quote:
I&#39;m not going to provide subjective opinions on competitors products.

Quote:
Just to correct your factual error, RL2 includes a Franchise Mode, detailed customisation and editing, and online. Rugby 2005 does not.

"Whilst I, personally, in no way agree with the views expressed by those who feel that Rugby League 2 is inferior to Rugby 2005, I have to take exception with your posts. You claimed that you would not "provide subjective opinions on competitors [sic] products", which seems like a genuine and impartial thing to do in this situation. However, merely a few posts later you far from implicitly stated that Rugby 2005 does not incorporate "detailed" customisation and editing. I&#39;d care to suggest that the aforementioned adjective does indeed make that segment of your post subjective - one&#39;s expectation of a "detailed" system may be either higher or lower to someone else&#39;s".

"Generally, I feel that your posts are spot on. However, with this instance, I&#39;d recommend that you don&#39;t contradict yourself if you don&#39;t want to undermine your credibility. You may claim that you don&#39;t care for other board users&#39; opinions (not saying you do), but after all we are a section of the public purchasing the product that you developed"

NZL Fan
03-01-06, 07:31 PM
This recently from the SIDHE website.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Monie
So,would there be any chance of making the players respond better in a patch?

Mario: "Unsure at this point".

Does this mean that Mario, after numerous denials and claims of people having problems due to not being able to master/play the game properly, actually admits that there is a control problem???

Good on him if it is, but why oh why wasn&#39;t this picked up by the testers and then fixed prior to release?? It can&#39;t be a money issue as it seems they are considering spending extra time/money making a patch........(which is no good for console users who make up the majority).

Also how bad was the gameplay prior to the extra time SIDHE took to tweak things??

No doubt the game is still playable, but it could have been so much better.......

Mr. Laxative
03-01-06, 08:30 PM
Maybe they played the PC version and screwed the programming afterwards and now the controls are terrible... maybe?

sanzar
03-01-06, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 4 2006, 06:31 AM

Quote:

Does this mean that Mario, after numerous denials and claims of people having problems due to not being able to master/play the game properly, actually admits that there is a control problem???
Would be good if he did... His general response to player responsiveness complaints is "in the first one people complained that players were too responsive and didn&#39;t move realistically"
This I think is either bull**** or stupidity on sidhe&#39;s part, as without a doubt what people were complaining about in RL1 was the tendancy for players to look like the were on ice skates when moving and always doing circles when turning around...

knowsleyroader
04-01-06, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 4 2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Good on him if it is, but why oh why wasn&#39;t this picked up by the testers and then fixed prior to release?? It can&#39;t be a money issue as it seems they are considering spending extra time/money making a patch........(which is no good for console users who make up the majority).

Also how bad was the gameplay prior to the extra time SIDHE took to tweak things??

No doubt the game is still playable, but it could have been so much better.......
Of course Mario realises the players are unresponsive. It would take 0 time to prove that to him aided by a copy of WCR, Rugby 2005, Lomu, etc.

He obviously isnt going to come out and say there is a noted problem with their game as thats the kind of guy he is. When we went to Swordfish Trevor told both me and lox to tell him if we thought it was **** and you could tell he really meant it. Theres no way Mario would ever say that to someone who went to view his game, Im pretty sure if you said to him thats crap you wouldnt be in the building for long. I think that attitude has been proved to the way he has responded quite arrogantly to some of the negative feedback with classics like " Well go get a refund ".

FWIW I think even the people who love it wouldnt refuse more control over your players if offered it.

How easy it would be to tweak the control remains to be seen though. We arnt privvy to the dynamics of the engine and it may just not be able to handle smooth control like R05 or WCR.

doovepop
04-01-06, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 5 2006, 02:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 5 2006, 02:20 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ride The Cliche@Jan 4 2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Of course Mario realises the players are unresponsive. It would take 0 time to prove that to him aided by a copy of WCR, Rugby 2005, Lomu, etc.

He obviously isnt going to come out and say there is a noted problem with their game as thats the kind of guy he is. When we went to Swordfish Trevor told both me and lox to tell him if we thought it was **** and you could tell he really meant it. Theres no way Mario would ever say that to someone who went to view his game, Im pretty sure if you said to him thats crap you wouldnt be in the building for long. I think that attitude has been proved to the way he has responded quite arrogantly to some of the negative feedback with classics like " Well go get a refund ".

FWIW I think even the people who love it wouldnt refuse more control over your players if offered it.

How easy it would be to tweak the control remains to be seen though. We arnt privvy to the dynamics of the engine and it may just not be able to handle smooth control like R05 or WCR. [/b]
yeah I agree, Trevor has good pr, perhaps he could kick Mario out and start running Sidhe. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
well they are both managing directors http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Serge
04-01-06, 06:01 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif Don&#39;t bother holding out for a patch as it will never come.

CeeJay
04-01-06, 11:02 PM
Was there a patch for RL1?

ak47
04-01-06, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 5 2006, 11:02 AM
Was there a patch for RL1?
yes there was and i remember all the pc heads going off at how good it was when patched.

i just wish sidhe took feedback from the console version http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

NZL Fan
09-01-06, 11:35 PM
Have kept checking out the SIDHE RL2 forum, and have been tempted to sign up to "lend you guys a hand", but I really can not be bothered with some of the replies received from SIDHE staff.

I have a feeling though that both rugby 2006 and RC2006 will show up RL2 gameplay for what it really is, especially to some of the more hardcore RL2 supporters........

Watch this space..........

sambãd5
10-01-06, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Jan 10 2006, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling though that both rugby 2006 and RC2006 will show up RL2 gameplay for what it really is, especially to some of the more hardcore RL2 supporters........

Watch this space..........
yeah man, its insane that people actually like this game. the fact that the moment we played it, we found so many faults, the fact that it took me a hour to get sick of it, the fact that it is a below average game, and people still like it - i want the drugs that they are on.

this game is utter crap. dont accept anything less than the best. rc2006 and r2006 will blow this game out of the water. it will be like catching a goldfish with a speargun.

you rl2 junkies are nuts.

CeeJay
10-01-06, 02:20 AM
Catching goldfish with a speargun is actually quite tough, it just that theyre so small and easy to miss.....nevermind.

We could use all the help we can get over at the RL2 forums, it is a bit like smacking yourself on the head with 2 by 4 admittedly, but i agree with knowlsey that if we keep chipping away they might actually take notice.

sambãd5
10-01-06, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 10 2006, 03:20 PM
Catching goldfish with a speargun is actually quite tough, it just that theyre so small and easy to miss.....nevermind.
yes...

hard as in hard to belive people like this game.

doovepop
10-01-06, 11:49 AM
check this thread out.
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=13918

Originally Posted by Kage
A lot of people dont want to make up their own minds, so they just believe other peoples opinions.

Mario
Thats good then. Because most people like the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doovepop
Are you sure? because word on the street say&#39;s otherwise.

Mario
I suggest you start frequenting streets in the real world then rather than those of whatever fantasy world you live in.

Every poll here and elsewhere I have ever seen on the matter is overwhelmingly in favour of liking the product, we are getting more fan mail than last time (and less hate mail than last time ), the official reviews are overwhelmingly positive, we are getting good feedback from retailers, and the sales are good.

doovepop

most people I know say it&#39;s crap, I suggest you jump back into the "real world"and stop listening to the "fanboys who say it&#39;s ""fantastic""
The only person who is in a ""fantasy world"" is you.

and again mario deletes it.
I hate sore losers.

doovepop
10-01-06, 12:03 PM
woah Now i&#39;m banned for ever.

doovepop
10-01-06, 12:09 PM
I like this
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
You have been banned for the following reason:
don&#39;t come back

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

ar Mario that&#39;s not a reason .

Jono078
10-01-06, 01:40 PM
Unlucky Doovepop.

I enjoyed reading your posts and arguments.

knowsleyroader
10-01-06, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 11 2006, 12:09 AM
I like this
don&#39;t come back

ROFLMAO. Youve done it now. Just out of interest, which was THE post that made Mario hate you so much, I must have missed it because I dont see what you have done or said that has been that bad.

doovepop
11-01-06, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 11 2006, 02:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 11 2006, 02:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Jan 11 2006, 12:09 AM
I like this
don&#39;t come back

ROFLMAO. Youve done it now. Just out of interest, which was THE post that made Mario hate you so much, I must have missed it because I dont see what you have done or said that has been that bad. [/b]
um I&#39;m not sure.
you could search through all of my posts and see if you can find an answer
if ya want.

doovepop
11-01-06, 09:39 AM
I sent in a complaint about me being banned

RE: Sidhe Forums Contact Us Form - A complaint about an unfair banning
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:51:20 +1300

Oh well

Thanks

Dwayne Kirkwood

-----------------
Sidhe Interactive

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 11 January 2006 1:38 a.m.
To: webmaster@sidheinteractive.com
Subject: Sidhe Forums Contact Us Form - A complaint about an unfair
banning

The following message was sent to you via the Sidhe Forums Contact Us
form
by doovepop.

--------------------------------

I got banned for saying that i about knowselyroader having a laugh over
at
the rugby forums(the forum where both Mario and Alan left but ironicaly
telling trev to post on it)go figure

since Mario is part boss there&#39;s probaly no way I will get unbanned.

realy all I wanted to do is resolve the issue&#39;s Mario had with me But
Mario
would&#39;nt communicate with me and solve the problems that he was facing
so he
went with the easy option and banned me for somthing realy no one else
would
of be banned for other then me(doovepop)

Thank you.

oh and this is all I get a "oh well" from Dwayne kirkwood.

I also emailed Mario but hey no reply, just a "message deleted"

ak47
11-01-06, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 11 2006, 09:39 PM
I sent in a complaint about me being banned

RE: Sidhe Forums Contact Us Form - A complaint about an unfair banning
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:51:20 +1300

Oh well

Thanks

Dwayne Kirkwood

-----------------
Sidhe Interactive
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Los Lover now grows with credibility

Thats just shocking

woosaah
11-01-06, 11:53 PM
wash your mouth out ak http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

ak47
12-01-06, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 11:53 AM
wash your mouth out ak http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif
sheeeeeet

u knew before myself

i got banned for swearing.........but i said pi$$

for some like mario being so hard on certain wording, i find it contradictive to ban me for using the dollar signs as an &#39;s&#39;.

doovepop
12-01-06, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jan 12 2006, 12:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 12 2006, 12:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 11:53 AM
sheeeeeet

u knew before myself

for some like mario being so hard on certain wording, i find it contradictive to ban me for using the dollar signs as an &#39;s&#39;. [/b]
how longs your ban.
also can anyone guess who I am http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

ak47
12-01-06, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by doovepop+Jan 12 2006, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Jan 12 2006, 12:32 PM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 12 2006, 12:29 PM
sheeeeeet

u knew before myself

for some like mario being so hard on certain wording, i find it contradictive to ban me for using the dollar signs as an &#39;s&#39;.
how longs your ban.
also can anyone guess who I am http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif [/b]
till the 19th, but i dont care. (dont care about being banned)....who are you now then

that place sux

but Radman i see u lurking, post the palgn games of the year in the cricket v rpic section, in off topic, coz i am sick of the RPIC bashing.......

doovepop
12-01-06, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ak47+Jan 12 2006, 12:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 12 2006, 12:35 PM)</div>

Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 12 2006, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 12 2006, 12:29 PM
sheeeeeet

u knew before myself

how longs your ban.
also can anyone guess who I am http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
till the 19th, but i dont care. (dont care about being banned)....who are you now then

that place sux

but Radman i see u lurking, post the palgn games of the year in the cricket v rpic section, in off topic, coz i am sick of the RPIC bashing....... [/b]
Come on it&#39;s so ovious who I am.

St Helens RLFC
12-01-06, 09:01 AM
And people think I&#39;m strict.......

woosaah
12-01-06, 09:02 AM
who are you?

doovepop
12-01-06, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 09:02 PM
who are you?
well I was poppymojo but i&#39;m not any more.

kaftka
12-01-06, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by doovepop+Jan 12 2006, 10:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Jan 12 2006, 10:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 09:02 PM
who are you?
well I was poppymojo but i&#39;m not any more. [/b]
Nah mate, he was talking to St Helens... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

St Helens RLFC
12-01-06, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 09:02 PM
who are you?
I.R. Boss!

woosaah
12-01-06, 08:38 PM
na i know who he was, i think everyone knows who he is http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

well i only know who he is cause jamie lyon used to be my fav player http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

i was askign doovepop http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif i must be more clear next time http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

doovepop
12-01-06, 11:21 PM
Come on trev, tell us what you think of Mario&#39;s Pr now. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I see you lurkin.

Trev@Swordfish
12-01-06, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 13 2006, 11:21 AM
Come on trev, tell us what you think of Mario&#39;s Pr now. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I see you lurkin.

Hey that&#39;s not fair - this is the Sidhe thread - I don&#39;t post here - I just read it.

It&#39;s entirely up to Mario how he runs his company, he&#39;s earned that right. And as I have said before, I respect him and Sidhe a lot.

Maybe they will take up the mantle and develop a union game. I&#39;m afraid RC2006 will be our last - which is perhaps just as well judging by that Aussie review. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

kaftka
12-01-06, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Jan 13 2006, 11:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Jan 13 2006, 11:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Jan 13 2006, 11:21 AM
Come on trev, tell us what you think of Mario&#39;s Pr now. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif* http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif* http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I see you lurkin.

Hey that&#39;s not fair - this is the Sidhe thread - I don&#39;t post here - I just read it.

It&#39;s entirely up to Mario how he runs his company, he&#39;s earned that right. And as I have said before, I respect him and Sidhe a lot.

Maybe they will take up the mantle and develop a union game. I&#39;m afraid RC2006 will be our last - which is perhaps just as well judging by that Aussie review. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif [/b]
DUN!

DUN!

DUN!

DUNNNNNN!!!

Oh, you better be ****ting me Trev! OH, you better be freaking ****ting me!!

With you guys finished with rugby, that would mean EA can realax and just give us ****... Sidhe probably won&#39;t do a Union game...

Anyway, have you played RL2? It&#39;s basically you guys versus HB. HB. The same HB with not one good game. Rugby 2005 was average. No more, no less. Well, less in some parts...And that was their best game!! I&#39;ve played Cold Winter, I&#39;ve played BLIC (actually, I&#39;ve played RPIC, but Ricky is a dick), you guys have what it takes to bring these cavemen down! Urge Ubi, or even Codemasters to support the Rugby Challenge franchise!! PLEASE!! For me?

Radman
13-01-06, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 12 2006, 12:35 PM
but Radman i see u lurking

Yeah, I&#39;ve been poppin in and out since the announcement of RL2 back in march last year, I just never bothered to post till recently. Just thought I&#39;d give this place a crack and see how things go. Please be gentle. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

kaftka
13-01-06, 12:48 AM
Ooh goody, fresh meat.

Radman
13-01-06, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Jan 13 2006, 11:33 AM
Maybe they will take up the mantle and develop a union game. I&#39;m afraid RC2006 will be our last - which is perhaps just as well judging by that Aussie review. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif
I&#39;d like them to have a go at a Rugby game being a New Zealand based company and all but at the rate they can bring out games like this they&#39;d have to double their development team to get one of each out in two years time and with the possibility that EA rugby 2007 might be next gen as well as current and Rugby League 3 seemingly still going to be current gen in two years time it&#39;s going to be interesting to see where the masses go in this regard depending on how polished 06 and 07 are. And on that review, at least our expectations are kept low for your game and if it turns out to be great than all the better for us few on here that frequent this forum and we&#39;ll shove it up the **** then. I&#39;ll be sure to rent it first and give my opinion on it asap. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

sambãd5
13-01-06, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Jan 13 2006, 12:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Jan 13 2006, 12:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Jan 13 2006, 11:21 AM
Come on trev, tell us what you think of Mario&#39;s Pr now. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif* http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif* http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I see you lurkin.

Maybe they will take up the mantle and develop a union game. I&#39;m afraid RC2006 will be our last - which is perhaps just as well judging by that Aussie review. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif [/b]
c&#39;mon trev, we all know you want to call muzz a asshole aswell http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

as for sidhe making a union game - i sure as **** hope not. it will go down faster than a failed rwc coach

kaftka
13-01-06, 10:38 AM
Eddie Jones actually took quite a while, so it wouldn&#39;t suprise me...

sambãd5
13-01-06, 10:42 AM
oh i forgot to add the segway of sidhe being a nz based company

13-01-06, 10:42 AM
I think he was refering to the speed Eddie went down on the ARU bosses to keep his job.

kaftka
13-01-06, 10:43 AM
Segways are stupid things... Remarkable, yes...But stupid.

Like Loratadine!

kaftka
13-01-06, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jan 13 2006, 10:42 PM
I think he was refering to the speed Eddie went down on the ARU bosses to keep his job.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

WOOOOOOOO!!!

doovepop
14-01-06, 01:12 PM
check this thread out
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=9290&

Mario wanting me off The Rugby League 2 forum.

Serge
14-01-06, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 15 2006, 02:12 AM
check this thread out

From what it seems in that thread, so did everyone else.

St Helens RLFC
14-01-06, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Serge@Jan 15 2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

doovepop
15-01-06, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Serge+Jan 15 2006, 08:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 15 2006, 08:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Jan 15 2006, 02:12 AM
check this thread out

From what it seems in that thread, so did everyone else. [/b]
Yeah I know, but what can ya do.

15-01-06, 06:13 AM
Want you to leave this forum aswell?

doovepop
15-01-06, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jan 15 2006, 06:13 PM
Want you to leave this forum aswell?
what?

15-01-06, 06:48 AM
You said what can you do. Thats what I can do, not sure what you can do though.

doovepop
27-01-06, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jan 15 2006, 06:48 PM
You said what can you do. Thats what I can do, not sure what you can do though.
yep don&#39;t know what your talkin bout

doovepop
27-01-06, 04:10 AM
look what the guys wrote once they banned me again.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Hopoate is banned, and so are you (zing!)

-JJ-
27-01-06, 05:09 AM
What a lovely poem. Could&#39;ve been better without the (zing!) don&#39;t you think?

Los Lover
27-01-06, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 15 2006, 08:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2006, 08:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge@Jan 15 2006, 08:33 AM

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif [/b]
yes unfortunately the sheep tend to flock to the shepherd no matter how cruel or unjustified he may be........sheep are, of course, practically the dumbest animals on earth. oh well......as green day said, "I wanna be the minority!!" damn straight.

also, all this rugby 2005 was average at best blah blah.....they made WCR2 with the speed bar again...that says it all really. God bless trev (yes I have forgiven him) but should not have let that happen and yes, it is their last rugby game..and that is fine.

"Now EA cab make crap"...Kaftka!!! plse.....
their most recent offering, with competition, is by most accounts quite something......any improvement on it will be quite something again yeah? So what do you mean? we are taken care of finally and can rest easy.

It is league and an improvement to the cricket games we are given that we need improvements on now....not rugby. Rugby&#39;s position gaming-wise will be as strong as ever with Rugby06&#39;s release by the looks of it. &#39;Primo&#39; I say. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bravo.gif

Oh, and I was kicked off sidhe&#39;s forum&#39;s too...of course I kicked their asses two weeks from sunday with a four-page annihilation of everything from their scamming pre-order insistence to their fibs about certain aspects of the game.....oh and my user name was Marioisac***....I guess that made it hard for Mario and the sheep to hear what I had to say.

Looky, looky now.....Now they are getting it from all sides. yet I am still an ahole who talks ******** apparently......why is it people who find that what someone said was true, when they said it wasn&#39;t themselves, can&#39;t be big boys like some in the forum (thank you) in admitting that that person was actually right and show some humility....hell, even praise them for having the balls etc.....I would. However in this case, I was the one with the nuts, so I will expect nothing. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bravo.gif

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tete-cog.gif

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/traurig0105ag.gif

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleepin5jq.gif

Prince EWS
27-01-06, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 27 2006, 04:10 PM
look what the guys wrote once they banned me again.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Hopoate is banned, and so are you (zing!)

Sounds like something Dwayne would say.

sanzar
27-01-06, 01:12 PM
Thread locked.

St Helens RLFC
27-01-06, 02:39 PM
Edit before closing thread - thread trimmed to remove rubbish.