PDA

View Full Version : Rl2 Constructive Criticism - Bad Points?

locksley
31-12-05, 08:09 AM
I'd be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2. Threads like this won't appear on the Sidhe forums cos they'll get deleted, so I thought I'd create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don't take it the wrong way. Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I'm going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn't really care if they're photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd. Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I'd rather gameplay be fixed first.

I'll start us off with my list of gripes. Unresponsive control on the ball carrier
Too many tackles are made by the AI - Not enough human defending
Way too many Held up in goal situations
slow play the balls
dummy half scoot is just an animation. It needs to be a controllable one.
Camera angles - There isn't a REALLY good one. Behind and High are adequate, not great.
Bombs are useless - Camera angle too high up
Jumping for the ball - WTF????
You have to press Square about 50 times to get your player to put the ball down over the line
Too many knock ons - They need toning down, not turning off
Hammering X for momentum. Get rid of it. Just have a sprint button that works instantly.
The dummy is useless now
The side-step isn't very good
The "RUGBY LEAGUE 2" Splash screen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET...IT...OFF Passing is improved on RL1 but STILL doesn't feel right
PC Joypad configuration is awful and can't be fixed by omitting a redefine key option... why? There was one in RL1 for christs sake!
I really think that if an RL3 is to be developed, then Sidhe need to start the game engine from scratch. They could really benefit from sitting down for a few hours with Jonah Lomu Rugby, Rugby Challenge 2006 and, in some ways, Rugby 2005 to see how each game captured the basic "Full control" of Rugby.

It really is a crying shame, because Rugby League 2 had so much going for it, only to be let down by a barely improved control system than Rugby League 1. All the development budget and time seemed to go onto fancy player graphics, online and franchise modes. This to me was a real waste of time because:

a - You only get to appreciate the good player models in cut scenes.... which are usually turned off!
b - Online mode has some terrible lag issues
c - Franchise is flawed with frequent injuries and the fact that ESL teams can't buy NRL players and vice-versa.

Ok, rant over. Let's see what others think.

knowsleyroader
31-12-05, 08:53 AM
Ok.

To be honest I think from SIDHE'S point of view this will be a much bigger success than RL1 because it has so much more on the box to attract the younger audience.

Great recognisable graphics
Franchise
Loads of options

The kiddies must be buying it in their droves.

I think it will end up being a much bigger financial success for SIDHE and it may then be difficult for them to accept they did anything wrong. It is a business after all and if catering to the younger market means bigger bucks then why would they attempt to tap a maybe less lucrative market in us more experienced gamers ?

Anyway onto the game.

To be honest they need to go back to a blank playing field and only start to add oposition when they have the control right. They should be running up the touchlines, trying to put the ball down on a sixpence, turning back on the inside everything we will want to do when we get the game. Hell if you ask me they should then release this player control as a demo and ask people what they think. For my point of view somewhere between R2005 and RC2006 wouldnt be far off the mark.

Still on player control its frightenting to think that SIDHE have played all the other games including WCR, R2005 and think THEIR control system stands up against the others. That is REALLY scary.

The X for acceleration or as it was in RL1 for sprinting is a debatable point and I think the best method would be to have both tapping and just holding. I still play RL1 and the old tapping method really gets you going where your just like " If I could just press it a little bit faster I will make it to the line " but then while your concentrating on doing that you really have less control over what else you can do with your player. At least on R2005 you can be sprinting and looking around and maybe thinking of a step or fend. If an RL3 came into existence I would really like to play both and see what I thought. I think the hold would give the gamer far more control if a little less exciting.

The wingers standing in touch was an absolute farce and again its a real head scratcher as to where this came from. Didnt happen in RL1 so why does it happen here ? Also your players will chase balls far more into touch and it really does potentially highlight the fact that this game was extremely rushed and they certainly fell quite some way behind schedule at some point.

The dummy stinks and who came up with that animation needs to be shot. I think someone needs to REALLY be in charge of another RL project if it comes along as there seems to be far too many issues that have got through the net this time around.

As a game I think RL2 stinks to high heaven and its on with RL1 for me on the xbox which I think boots RL2 way into the distance. I wont be getting over excited if they announce an RL3, not because im not interested because I so want a good Rugby League game it hurts. Its mainly because I have lost a whole lot of faith in SIDHE with the release of RL2. I was a major backer of RL1 and thought what they did for a first effort was nothing short of incredible. I expected an absolutely jaw dropping sequel and yet the unimaginable happened and for me they went backwards.

Also for some strange reason the bounce of the ball seems to have taken a turn for the worst. It stops very quickly and seems to bounce far less randomly than in RL1. Why did they change it ?

RL3 ? Give it to in this order ..

Swordfish
Creative Assembly
EA
SIDHE

Parore
31-12-05, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 10:09 PM
I'd be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2. Threads like this won't appear on the Sidhe forums cos they'll get deleted, so I thought I'd create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don't take it the wrong way. Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I'm going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn't really care if they're photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd. Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I'd rather gameplay be fixed first.

I'll start us off with my list of gripes. Unresponsive control on the ball carrier
slow play the balls
Camera angles - There isn't a REALLY good one. Behind and High are adequate, not great.
You have to press Square about 50 times to get your player to put the ball down over the line
Hammering X for momentum. Get rid of it. Just have a sprint button that works instantly.
The dummy is useless now
The side-step isn't very good
The "RUGBY LEAGUE 2" Splash screen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET...IT...OFF Passing is improved on RL1 but STILL doesn't feel right
PC Joypad configuration is awful and can't be fixed by omitting a redefine key option... why? There was one in RL1 for christs sake!
I really think that if an RL3 is to be developed, then Sidhe need to start the game engine from scratch. They could really benefit from sitting down for a few hours with Jonah Lomu Rugby, Rugby Challenge 2006 and, in some ways, Rugby 2005 to see how each game captured the basic "Full control" of Rugby.

It really is a crying shame, because Rugby League 2 had so much going for it, only to be let down by a barely improved control system than Rugby League 1. All the development budget and time seemed to go onto fancy player graphics, online and franchise modes. This to me was a real waste of time because:

a - You only get to appreciate the good player models in cut scenes.... which are usually turned off!
c - Franchise is flawed with frequent injuries and the fact that ESL teams can't buy NRL players and vice-versa.

Ok, rant over. Let's see what others think.
didnt you get to play the game before all of us??

Why didnt you tell them then, were you asked to give criticism or just play it for fun?

knowsleyroader
31-12-05, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Parore+Dec 31 2005, 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Dec 31 2005, 11:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley@Dec 31 2005, 10:09 PM
I&#39;d be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2.* Threads like this won&#39;t appear on the Sidhe forums cos they&#39;ll get deleted, so I thought I&#39;d create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don&#39;t take it the wrong way.* Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I&#39;m going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn&#39;t really care if they&#39;re photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd.* Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I&#39;d rather gameplay be fixed first.

I&#39;ll start us off with my list of gripes. Unresponsive control on the ball carrier

slow play the balls

Camera angles - There isn&#39;t a REALLY good one.* Behind and High are adequate, not great.

The dummy is useless now

The side-step isn&#39;t very good

The "RUGBY LEAGUE 2" Splash screen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET...IT...OFF
Passing is improved on RL1 but STILL doesn&#39;t feel right

PC Joypad configuration is awful and can&#39;t be fixed by omitting a redefine key option... why? There was one in RL1 for christs sake!
I really think that if an RL3 is to be developed, then Sidhe need to start the game engine from scratch.* They could really benefit from sitting down for a few hours with Jonah Lomu Rugby, Rugby Challenge 2006 and, in some ways, Rugby 2005 to see how each game captured the basic "Full control" of Rugby.

It really is a crying shame, because Rugby League 2 had so much going for it, only to be let down by a barely improved control system than Rugby League 1.* All the development budget and time seemed to go onto fancy player graphics, online and franchise modes.* This to me was a real waste of time because:

c - Franchise is flawed with frequent injuries and the fact that ESL teams can&#39;t buy NRL players and vice-versa.

Ok, rant over. Let&#39;s see what others think.

Why didnt you tell them then, were you asked to give criticism or just play it for fun? [/b]
To be honest Lox and I only got to play the game for a matter of a couple of hours and it was really hard to get an opinion of RL2 in that time.

I also wrote a pretty open ended ( sort of review ) that did hint at some of the problems that could manifest when really tearing into RL2 for a good chunk of gameplaying.

locksley
31-12-05, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Parore+Dec 31 2005, 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Dec 31 2005, 11:34 PM)</div>
I&#39;d be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2.* Threads like this won&#39;t appear on the Sidhe forums cos they&#39;ll get deleted, so I thought I&#39;d create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don&#39;t take it the wrong way.* Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I&#39;m going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn&#39;t really care if they&#39;re photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd.* Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I&#39;d rather gameplay be fixed first.

I&#39;ll start us off with my list of gripes. Unresponsive control on the ball carrier

slow play the balls

Camera angles - There isn&#39;t a REALLY good one.* Behind and High are adequate, not great.

The dummy is useless now

PC Joypad configuration is awful and can&#39;t be fixed by omitting a redefine key option... why? There was one in RL1 for christs sake!
I really think that if an RL3 is to be developed, then Sidhe need to start the game engine from scratch.* They could really benefit from sitting down for a few hours with Jonah Lomu Rugby, Rugby Challenge 2006 and, in some ways, Rugby 2005 to see how each game captured the basic "Full control" of Rugby.

It really is a crying shame, because Rugby League 2 had so much going for it, only to be let down by a barely improved control system than Rugby League 1.* All the development budget and time seemed to go onto fancy player graphics, online and franchise modes.* This to me was a real waste of time because:

c - Franchise is flawed with frequent injuries and the fact that ESL teams can&#39;t buy NRL players and vice-versa.

Why didnt you tell them then, were you asked to give criticism or just play it for fun? [/b]
Yeah, but like Knowsley said, it was only for a couple of hours. There were doubts, but even if we&#39;d have told them at the time we played it, nothing would&#39;ve been done as it was being pressed ready for release.

In any case, they would have had to change the whole game engine to take it away from the game it is today! There is no way Sidhe would&#39;ve done that. They&#39;ve done their job, sold bucketfuls of copies of RL2 and so they&#39;re happy.

Hey, who are we to complain?????

gjohn85
31-12-05, 04:21 PM
I just can&#39;t believe how they cocked up this game. The two main downside for me (even though I have never reached half time) is;

* You never feel like your are controlling the game, Its like the computer takes control of everything.

* You can&#39;t change direction. A couple of times I had a one on one with the fullback & you can&#39;t change direction, you just tend to go one way & that&#39;s it!

wigan_rlfc
31-12-05, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 09:09 AM
I&#39;d be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2. Threads like this won&#39;t appear on the Sidhe forums cos they&#39;ll get deleted, so I thought I&#39;d create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don&#39;t take it the wrong way. Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I&#39;m going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn&#39;t really care if they&#39;re photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd. Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I&#39;d rather gameplay be fixed first.

slow play the balls
Camera angles - There isn&#39;t a REALLY good one. Behind and High are adequate, not great.
The dummy is useless now
The "RUGBY LEAGUE 2" Splash screen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET...IT...OFF Passing is improved on RL1 but STILL doesn&#39;t feel right

Pretty much covered it there although I&#39;d add players running into touch just after theyv&#39;e fielded a kick to the corner.

knowsleyroader
31-12-05, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jan 1 2006, 06:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jan 1 2006, 06:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley@Dec 31 2005, 09:09 AM

slow play the balls

The dummy is useless now

Pretty much covered it there although I&#39;d add players running into touch just after theyv&#39;e fielded a kick to the corner. [/b]
Again the strange thing with that is they had it better in RL1. Players would pretty much ignore a ball that was bound for touch were in RL2 they chase after it like a headless chicken.

Ripper
31-12-05, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Parore+Jan 1 2006, 12:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Jan 1 2006, 12:34 AM)</div>

slow play the balls

The dummy is useless now

Don&#39;t you have other things to do with your time like try and get EA to put sandcastles on the Halfway line for Rugby 06?

moving on...

A minor thing yes, but they could&#39;ve at least tryed to do something with the Rep teams in the Franchise Mode, i&#39;ve had players who havent played a minute of gametime selected to play Origin FFS.

NZL Fan
31-12-05, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 09:09 PM
I&#39;d be very interested to see what people actually find annoying or downright diabolical about RL2. Threads like this won&#39;t appear on the Sidhe forums cos they&#39;ll get deleted, so I thought I&#39;d create one here.

And, if anyone from Sidhe is reading this thread, then don&#39;t take it the wrong way. Maybe you could look at this thread and take it into account when, sorry, IF you are given the go ahead to create RL3.

So, I&#39;m going to disregard graphics etc as I couldn&#39;t really care if they&#39;re photorealistic if the gameplay stinks like a festering turd. Obviously, superb graphics and a sweet game engine would be brilliant, but I&#39;d rather gameplay be fixed first.

slow play the balls
Camera angles - There isn&#39;t a REALLY good one. Behind and High are adequate, not great.
The dummy is useless now
The "RUGBY LEAGUE 2" Splash screen...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET...IT...OFF Passing is improved on RL1 but STILL doesn&#39;t feel right

Agree with all the above............

The BIG thing for me (and yet to be mentioned surprisingly) is the lack of individuality of the players. This is due to the small amount of player abilities, and also the lack of range (ie. 1-10) whereby the bulk of the players are very similar.

This really affects franchise mode for me where "star&#39; players are have little/no real effect on the game on harder levels, and players seem to be all the same (eg. all able to step well, kick well, and beat the first tackle with ease).

Compare this to PES5 (sorry in advance for bringing up this game again), but every player in PES5 feels, and plays differently. Some have less first touch control, others are less capable of "special" moves, some pull out something amazing when you most require it - all have weaknesses and strengths to their games.

On my current PES5 game I have a striker that I use mainly as a "go to" man when I need a goal. If I start him he tends to have no impact on the game at all, but in a tight game if I use him off the bench late in the game he more often then not turns a half chance into a winning goal, or does something magic to set someone else up.

In rugby league 2 I never get this feeling, and therefore you never really feel that involved emotionally in what is happening on the field in your virtual rugby league world.........to me I start to feel like I am directing small blobs around the field after a while.

I think the game developers have fallen into the trap of "fence sitting" when trying to decide if their game is more of a "sim", or an "arcade" style. In the end they have produced neither, and therefore fail to please people who prefer one form of gameplay over the other.

For instance;

Sim: Ball stripping, all the licenses/competitions/play likenesses, realistic franchise mode, pass to playmaker ability, sin bins/send offs (though poorly implemented), video ref etc

Arcade: "floaty" impossible passes and offloads, backs able to easily &#39;run over" players (even Stacy Jones), held up in goal 5+ times a game, fast backs unable to run long distances without being tackled etc

I&#39;d prefer a "sim" myself, but if SIDHE announced that they were producing an "arcade&#39; game of rugby league then at least I would have the right impression at the get start when deciding to buy their game or not.

Parore
31-12-05, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 1 2006, 08:41 AM
Don&#39;t you have other things to do with your time like try and get EA to put sandcastles on the Halfway line for Rugby 06?

Dont you have a sheep with your name on it somewhere?

I asked the question because I wanted to know why Sidhe are so shocked with the negitive response, as if there were people who played the game early, and did not like it, the criticism on their forum would not be a new thing for them.

C A Iversen
31-12-05, 11:38 PM
It&#39;s hard to believe I&#39;m saying this but they should take a leaf out EA&#39;s book progress-wise.

All I&#39;m saying is that the improvement from R2004 to R2005 is a big jump, it&#39;s still pretty uninspiring, but a huge leap forward from the utter train-wreck that was 04.

If Sidhe had the same improvement between RL2 and RL3 then we would have a bloody great game on our hands.

sanzar
01-01-06, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 1 2006, 06:41 AM
A minor thing yes, but they could&#39;ve at least tryed to do something with the Rep teams in the Franchise Mode, i&#39;ve had players who havent played a minute of gametime selected to play Origin FFS.
It&#39;s not really a minor thing considering it couldn&#39;t have been hard for them to allow you to select the squad yourself... It&#39;s just stupid considering how wild the selections are!

knowsleyroader
01-01-06, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 1 2006, 12:38 PM
It&#39;s hard to believe I&#39;m saying this but they should take a leaf out EA&#39;s book progress-wise.

All I&#39;m saying is that the improvement from R2004 to R2005 is a big jump, it&#39;s still pretty uninspiring, but a huge leap forward from the utter train-wreck that was 04.

If Sidhe had the same improvement between RL2 and RL3 then we would have a bloody great game on our hands.
Thats what I thought with RL2. I thought after what they produced in RL1 ( amazing imo for a first effort ) I honestly thought RL2 was going to rock the world. I never for one minute considered they would go backwards and make the piece of poo that is RL2.

Lets just hope 2006 > 2005 http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

sanzar
01-01-06, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 1 2006, 07:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 1 2006, 07:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Jan 1 2006, 12:38 PM

Thats what I thought with RL2. I thought after what they produced in RL1 ( amazing imo for a first effort ) I honestly thought RL2 was going to rock the world. I never for one minute considered they would go backwards and make the piece of poo that is RL2.

Lets just hope 2006 > 2005 http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif [/b]
Lets just remember this is the "constructive criticism thread", so save the slander for other threads.

knowsleyroader
01-01-06, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 1 2006, 09:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 1 2006, 09:55 PM)</div>

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 1 2006, 07:57 PM

Lets just hope 2006 > 2005 http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif
Lets just remember this is the "constructive criticism thread", so save the slander for other threads. [/b]
How is it SLANDER ? Its an opinion and a comment directly related to somthing another user said.

??????????

sanzar
01-01-06, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 1 2006, 09:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 1 2006, 09:56 PM)</div>

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 1 2006, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 1 2006, 07:57 PM

Lets just remember this is the "constructive criticism thread", so save the slander for other threads.
How is it SLANDER ? Its an opinion and a comment directly related to somthing another user said.

?????????? [/b]
I&#39;m only saying that if we start a thread on the premise that we can be constructive in our criticism and not deteriorate into petty name calling, then we should at least make half an attempt to stick to it... After all, we are trying to show we are more mature than the sidhe forums aren&#39;t we?

knowsleyroader
01-01-06, 11:10 AM
I dont think we have to "try" to show we are more mature than the RL2 forums m8.

I also dont think this forum should try to be anything other than it already is. I like these forums the way they are. Honest and a fantastic selection of users.

I dont think we have to prove anything just because a couple of members decided to leave. Its a shame but solely down to the individuals who left.

Anyway ....

Jono078
01-01-06, 11:15 AM
I agree with most things said.

I really cannot wait for a RL3, but for me all it seems to me is they have to iron out alot of &#39;bugs&#39; and just tweak things.

Really feels like it can be a class game, just dont know when and if that will happen.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
01-01-06, 11:30 AM
this as constructive as u can get from me

I JUST DONT LIKE IT!!!.....ITS SUCKS....GAMEPLAY IS URGHH...see no real words to describe it...its horrid and i cant bare to play it more than half an hour....and we rented?...very sad

i can ONLY hope sidhe watches the whole nrl season to capture the excitement of the rugby league world!!!

CeeJay
02-01-06, 12:29 AM
I agree with most of what has been said, but i think the sidestep needs to stay how they are, as its the only way to make clean breaks and runnaways.

St Helens RLFC
02-01-06, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 2 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with most of what has been said, but i think the sidestep needs to stay how they are, as its the only way to make clean breaks and runnaways.
Would you not like to burn someone off with a turn of pace instead? I would.

sambãd5
02-01-06, 09:11 AM
i want to see a cut that works.

it would be awesome if you could press a button, which made a player (preferably a back) to come inside, and then make a awesome as cut. sort of like the pocket thing rugby 2005 has

Mr. Laxative
02-01-06, 08:54 PM
I&#39;ve somehow had that happen 20 metres out, and a try under the post was added to my score... yay!

CeeJay
03-01-06, 06:50 AM
Absolutely, but at this stage, that stupid sidetsep is the only thing that keeps me scoring cool tries, if they fix all the other problems, and wingers can can actually outrun forwards etc, then i would like to see a more realistic step put in place.

jimmy44
03-01-06, 10:25 AM
Am I the only one who enjoys this game? I really don&#39;t think it is as bad as you guys make out. I am playing on seasoned level and having some great games, and for once I&#39;m playing a rugby game thats a challenge! The only things that annoy me is the number of knock ons and the fact the human player drops the ball too often.

CeeJay
03-01-06, 09:47 PM
It is great on seasoned, and schoolboy etc....BUT once you get to legend the game changes completely. Ive mastered legend now and have learned to have fun with it. The other day i beat parramatta 60 nil, i scored some awsome runnaways! but as my team improves i find it hard to lose, and I dont want to restart my franchise. Plus league god is not much fun.

jimmy44
04-01-06, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 4 2006, 10:47 AM
It is great on seasoned, and schoolboy etc....BUT once you get to legend the game changes completely. Ive mastered legend now and have learned to have fun with it. The other day i beat parramatta 60 nil, i scored some awsome runnaways! but as my team improves i find it hard to lose, and I dont want to restart my franchise. Plus league god is not much fun.
Well I&#39;m losing regularly on seasoned probably because I&#39;m pants at the game and thus far enjoying it!

CeeJay
04-01-06, 10:05 PM
That sounds about right. Once you go up, the game starts cheating, and the ai just goes crazy doing offloads, it just dosent feel as much like league when you go up to legend or league god.

knowsleyroader
05-01-06, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 5 2006, 11:05 AM
That sounds about right. Once you go up, the game starts cheating, and the ai just goes crazy doing offloads, it just dosent feel as much like league when you go up to legend or league god.
CeeJay ! How very dare you ! The game does not cheat and thats official http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

gjohn85
05-01-06, 07:13 PM
No, Its just ****

CeeJay
06-01-06, 04:11 AM
Yeah i know!! Mario is in denial about this. After extensive play i hav noticed that when ever you are winning, it starts making you knock on and get penalised in order to give the opposition a leg up. The worst one is when the ball goes to groud, and IT ACTUALLY TAKES CONTROL OF YOUR PLAYERS AND MAKES THEM RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL, even if you select a nearby player, suddenly his feet are glued to the ground. and as soon as the other team has the ball you are released. Aside from that hockey game several years ago that had predetermined matches, this is video game cheating at its worst.

CeeJay
06-01-06, 05:49 AM
Hey knowlsey, mario has posted in the unresponsive player movement thread over at the RL2 forums, that its not really about player movement per se, but about button pushes etc. I could use some backup over their on this one, I thought we were getting somewhere and now this!

wigan_rlfc
06-01-06, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 05:11 AM
Yeah i know!! Mario is in denial about this. After extensive play i hav noticed that when ever you are winning, it starts making you knock on and get penalised in order to give the opposition a leg up. The worst one is when the ball goes to groud, and IT ACTUALLY TAKES CONTROL OF YOUR PLAYERS AND MAKES THEM RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL, even if you select a nearby player, suddenly his feet are glued to the ground. and as soon as the other team has the ball you are released. Aside from that hockey game several years ago that had predetermined matches, this is video game cheating at its worst.
I&#39;ve noticed that. You can never get out of your own half without a knock on or a pass going to ground. Also when you are lwinning the computer becomes an expert at kicking 40/20s and they can offload and break tackles all of a sudden which they couldn&#39;t do earlier in the match.

knowsleyroader
06-01-06, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey knowlsey, mario has posted in the unresponsive player movement thread over at the RL2 forums, that its not really about player movement per se, but about button pushes etc. I could use some backup over their on this one, I thought we were getting somewhere and now this!
Dont know if you saw, but I did put up a post about that saying he was being pedantic and trying to cloud the issue. He knows only full well what the issue is were talking about. Will go have a look now to see if hes responded.

Copy of my post from RL2 forum. *****************

" I think Mario is just trying to be pedantic and cloud the issue. Both the movement of players and response to actions, be it slow or doing the wrong thing completely needs to be improved.

I also cant believe you wont be fixing players catching the ball and then running into touch. So were still going to have serious issues in a possible RL3 either way. "

There is no response from Mario at the moment.

Over 80% of people think there should be an improvement to control. What happened to all the people who absolutely Loooooooooooooved this game ?

knowsleyroader
06-01-06, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 05:11 PM
It all smacks of cheap and easy ways to overcome sloppy AI ! I really have some very serious doubts about the programming team at SIDHE. Very serious doubts.

NZL Fan
06-01-06, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 7 2006, 05:01 AM
Over 80% of people think there should be an improvement to control. What happened to all the people who absolutely Loooooooooooooved this game ?
Most people on the SIDHE forum are willing to overlook the control issue (however major) just to play a rugby league video game - thus love it just for that fact.

I hate it when SIDHE staff/ some SIDHE forum members start saying that regardless of the quality of the game that people buy it regardless in order to "support" the company, and ensure that future versions are made..........

This overlooks the fact that whilst SIDHE continues to churn out a rugby league game in such a small market, AND whilst SIDHE holds all the official rugby league licenses, no other company would even think about creating a rugby league game.

Hence by "supporting" SIDHE we will never know if we could get a much better game from another developer.

CeeJay
06-01-06, 09:55 PM
I love it how marios defence is that, looking at those polls, 80% of people are happy, and yet hes quite happy to ignore the new poll that says 80% of people are unhappy with player movement/controls.

knowsleyroader
07-01-06, 07:43 AM
What annoys me most is when people hint that is you REALLY were a league nut you would love the game. The other annoying thing when people insinuate if you dont like the game then you arnt playing it right.

Marios post about players running into touch and the fact its unlikely to be fixed. How on earth can he say that at this point ? RL3 hasnt even begun and yet he is already talking about ****e like that, that will still be in the game next time.

I really would like HES to give this project to someone else. I really think the team at SIDHE isnt up to the job long term. I think we will just get extra features chucked at us from now on and will have to put up with toss gameplay like in RL2.

Ceejay is also spot on that Mario only seems to quote figures and percentages when they are in his favour.

CeeJay
07-01-06, 09:01 AM
Im fed up with banging my head on a brick wall over at the RL2 forums, wed finally gotten somewhere with that poll, and now marios in denial again, im seriously thinking of going out with a bang over there.

knowsleyroader
07-01-06, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 7 2006, 10:01 PM
Im fed up with banging my head on a brick wall over at the RL2 forums, wed finally gotten somewhere with that poll, and now marios in denial again, im seriously thinking of going out with a bang over there.
Ive been tempted to do the same so many times m8, but to be honest thats probably what would suit Mario down to the ground. Im sure he would love to ban me. I think it would serve me best in the long run to keep chipping away as I am doing.

Your not banging your head against the wall m8, Mario knows exactly what we are talking about and his pedantic replies show he doenst really have a strong defense to the argument of poor control.

He really should take a leaf out of Trevors book because I would much rather someone say to me " Hey we tried that but it was really hard to do "or " we know that bits not too good but we didnt have the time to change it " or basically any kind of truth, rather than the old " Well with out budget and time and the fact we have implemented many game features like kicking loose balls, jumping for the bomb, stripping, lap dancing " etc.

Basically he treats the consumer like we shouldnt concern ourselves with what goes on behind the scenes and if the control is like that its because it SHOULD be like that because they know best.

Fact is as " Ride " said, they are basically ruining our chances of getting a good video game of our loved sport.

Obviously the above is only my opinion blah blah, I know some are happy with it.

BigTen
07-01-06, 12:45 PM
I have just tried to get back into RL2 and am still struggling to enjoy it. Even navigating around the franchise menu becomes boring real fast.

Overall RL2 has been a big letdown. There really hasn&#39;t been a lot of improvement between the two games.

Sidhe started really well and have certainly dropped the ball this time.

Someone mentioned before in this thread about how people were being criticised for not looking this game as not being rugby league fans over in the Sidhe forum. Well - do I have news for you. I used to go to school with Mario - he put a reset switch in my Commodore 64 years and years ago when he lived in Major Drive and he was not the biggest sports fan. In fact he was so far in the other direction it was not funny.

So just hit them back with:

"I am a bigger Rugby League fan than Mario hahahahahh!"

CeeJay
07-01-06, 08:52 PM
Yeah im gonna keep chipping away aswell, Ive been posting alot(see if you can guess whos me) over there lately as its been quiet here. I just want him to admit that there is a problem aswell, then we know that the executive producer knows there is a problem, and has no excuse not to fix it.

Mario not a huge sports fan?!? shock horror!

knowsleyroader
08-01-06, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 8 2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah im gonna keep chipping away aswell, Ive been posting alot(see if you can guess whos me) over there lately as its been quiet here. I just want him to admit that there is a problem aswell, then we know that the executive producer knows there is a problem, and has no excuse not to fix it.

Mario not a huge sports fan?!? shock horror!
Are you David Brent ? " Init Gareth ! " http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

CeeJay
08-01-06, 08:02 AM
yeah, the Brentmeister general, what a legend!

ak47
08-01-06, 08:57 PM
well this is rl1 all over again

Mario denied RL1 had AI high tackle issues..........where ur team mate would coathanger tackle, and u havent hit the agression

Now we have denials of player movement etc etc

What crock

CeeJay
08-01-06, 09:59 PM
Not to mention that the head high tackle thing is still a problem, but instead of making the ai do it, it makes the player your contolling doit, regardless of agression. Why all the lies, as if we werent gonna find out the truth soon enough.

NZL Fan
08-01-06, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BigTen@Jan 8 2006, 01:45 AM
I have just tried to get back into RL2 and am still struggling to enjoy it.* Even navigating around the franchise menu becomes boring real fast.
I&#39;ve had it on the PS2 occasionally since in an effort to &#39;give it another chance"................

....however you soon realise that the control is so poor that you feel more like a spectator then a player of the game.

Defense: Just let the computer make all the tackles for you - watch as the opposition throw the ball around like it is diseased and then watch as you get possession more often then not from an intercept.

Attack: When running just bash the X button for so called acceleration - throw a wild pass if you want for variety - then start bashing the "step" button to break the line and make a little distance before being swamped by the opposition..............repeat until you score.

Kicking: Regardless of the wind indicator just line up the arrow dead center of the goal, easily stop the marker in between the posts, and watch it fly over EVERY TIME!!

Oh the fun of it all............

knowsleyroader
09-01-06, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 9 2006, 11:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 9 2006, 11:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen@Jan 8 2006, 01:45 AM
I have just tried to get back into RL2 and am still struggling to enjoy it.* Even navigating around the franchise menu becomes boring real fast.
I&#39;ve had it on the PS2 occasionally since in an effort to &#39;give it another chance"................

....however you soon realise that the control is so poor that you feel more like a spectator then a player of the game.

Defense: Just let the computer make all the tackles for you - watch as the opposition throw the ball around like it is diseased and then watch as you get possession more often then not from an intercept.

Attack: When running just bash the X button for so called acceleration - throw a wild pass if you want for variety - then start bashing the "step" button to break the line and make a little distance before being swamped by the opposition..............repeat until you score.

Kicking: Regardless of the wind indicator just line up the arrow dead center of the goal, easily stop the marker in between the posts, and watch it fly over EVERY TIME!!

Oh the fun of it all............ [/b]
I gave RL2 more chances than I care to remember. But I finally came to the realisation I had been trying to avoid.

**** is **** ! End of !

portland18
09-01-06, 08:24 PM
Pretty harsh mate, but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. Bring on RL3.

BigTen
09-01-06, 09:38 PM
I have noticed that with the kicking for goal control (conversions, penalties). I mean how hard is it to make a decent kicking control?

You could just copy a golf game. Their meter would work just fine and they have been doing it for years.

Mr. Laxative
09-01-06, 09:49 PM
Well, I think it is a good control and probably should be used in most rugby games, though my views could change when I get RC.

ak47
09-01-06, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BigTen@Jan 10 2006, 10:38 AM
I have noticed that with the kicking for goal control (conversions, penalties). I mean how hard is it to make a decent kicking control?

You could just copy a golf game. Their meter would work just fine and they have been doing it for years.
yeah bigten, the tiger woods swing for conversions have always been an idea in my head since Tiger introduced it.

Instead of the a swing, its his kicking leg............then begin the animation from the start.

have the draw and fade factor from golf, and even the turbo for long kicks which are prone to go wider if any draw/face is incorporated.

wind and other factors play a part aswell.

NZL Fan
09-01-06, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ak47+Jan 10 2006, 10:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 10 2006, 10:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen@Jan 10 2006, 10:38 AM
I have noticed that with the kicking for goal control (conversions, penalties).* I mean how hard is it to make a decent kicking control?

You could just copy a golf game.* Their meter would work just fine and they have been doing it for years.
yeah bigten, the tiger woods swing for conversions have always been an idea in my head since Tiger introduced it.

Instead of the a swing, its his kicking leg............then begin the animation from the start.

have the draw and fade factor from golf, and even the turbo for long kicks which are prone to go wider if any draw/face is incorporated.

wind and other factors play a part aswell. [/b]
I seem to remember the wind actually doing something to your goal kicks in the RL1 (Knowsley would know)???

In this version it can be blowing a gale but still have little effect on the actual kick...........what happened to the programming here??

CeeJay
10-01-06, 01:23 AM
rugby league one did have wind, and its why their simplistic goal kicking was quite successful, however with its absence in Rl2 the kicking is a joke , I never miss kicks , ever, from anywhere.

knowsleyroader
10-01-06, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 10 2006, 11:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 10 2006, 11:10 AM)</div>

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 10 2006, 10:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen@Jan 10 2006, 10:38 AM
I have noticed that with the kicking for goal control (conversions, penalties).* I mean how hard is it to make a decent kicking control?

You could just copy a golf game.* Their meter would work just fine and they have been doing it for years.

wind and other factors play a part aswell.
I seem to remember the wind actually doing something to your goal kicks in the RL1 (Knowsley would know)???

In this version it can be blowing a gale but still have little effect on the actual kick...........what happened to the programming here?? [/b]
The wind was a big factor in RL1 and Im a real fan of the kicking. The system is simple enough but it worked within the scope of things. There is a real feeling of pressure in RL1 and I know when I play when I miss a kick I know it could cost me dearly.

Like you say, the wind in RL2 means nothing.

There are some real anomalies with regards to RL2, several things have gone backwards for what apparent reason ?

knowsleyroader
10-01-06, 01:56 PM
For what its worth I think this is Marios least evasive post with regards to the control and I think I will let it lie for now ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Alan&#39;s point is that whatever system of control is employed, not everybody will be happy. For example, some people in the control thread have said that the controls are perfect and should not be changed.

There is room to get the base control more liked by all, but we are adding the sliders and gameplay options precisely for the reason that not everybody will be satisfied whatever default control scheme or dynamics ship with the game so people can tweak the game to their own preferences.

Knowsleyroader : But then wouldnt you always have the problem of online play being just the default way ? So however you tweak it you would always then be at a disadvantage against an online player who stick with the default setup.

There are loads of people who keep saying make it like PES or Madden, couldnt you just base it similar to that ? I realise its not a matter of clicking your fingers and hey presto a movement engine but thats your problem

You dont ever see any threads saying PES players dont respond or Madden players dont respond or you cant change direction etc. Doesnt that tell you something ? There is a system out there that is pretty much acceptable to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsleyroader
You dont ever see any threads saying PES players dont respond or Madden players dont respond or you cant change direction etc. Doesnt that tell you something ? There is a system out there that is pretty much acceptable to everyone.

Mario :
...which is suitable for either football or American football style games. We will find what works best for our implementation of the series and for the sport of rugby league.

As I have said before, in future titles we will look to improve control responsiveness, we will look to provide an increased level of tuning and customisation, and we will look to continue to improve everything across the board.

There is no need for you to keep bringing this up again and again. You have said your piece on movement, response and controls. We have acknowledged your feedback. We have suggested that we will endeavour to improve the situation. Move onto finding somewhere else to contribute or give the floor to someone else on the topic.

nik
27-01-06, 06:08 AM
i dont agree with what everything KR says, especially about the franchise...i think you were unlucky to get so many injuries before the season even started...injuries are completely random in the game..it happened to me in one season, but the next season i had a small number of injuries.

BUT...i do agree with him about the poor responsiveness of player control...and nothing can be done about it, sliders do not improve the responsiveness and controls...that is the only area where i believe sidhe has gone backwards from RL1...i hope they make RL3 and fix up the controls....because RL2 would have been a great game but controlling the player was stuffed up and thats what prevented me from enjoying the game most of the time.

knowsleyroader
27-01-06, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 27 2006, 08:21 PM
Might be exaggerating a bit Ripper.

No one here would say Rugby League 2 is a perfect game.

However I&#39;m sure a lot of us respect Mario and Sidhe for their efforts with the fans. The fact that ignore and ban some would be because those particular fans are annoying, and it&#39;s fair enough if they don&#39;t want to deal with it.

And Rugby League 2 is a decent game that was probably overhyped by the fans, and when it came in short of their high expectations they cried, and cried some more.

Edit - Hopefully Mario might hang around here so I don&#39;t have to wade through the leagie forum?

I dont think expecting a decent control system is exactly overhyping.

guardian_of_the_stone_age
27-01-06, 09:25 AM
If you start banning IP&#39;s you&#39;ll be able to halve your sales without the help of Los Lover.

doovepop
27-01-06, 10:53 AM
ha look what a guy on the front row forums said

Ha, Rugby League 2 a good game

Those fools at Sidhe can&#39;t even get basics right. The stats are HORRIBLE, Lockyer is one of the best defenders in RL2, that is enough to ruin the credibility of the game right from the start. For everything they corrected from RL1, they&#39;ve messed something new up in RL2.

They won&#39;t ever acknowledge glitches in the game because if they did, the list would be a mile long, so you basically have to come across them all instead of being told so you could avoid them. They only ever reply to your e-mails or posts on their forum if they&#39;ve got something sarcastic to say, they are just plain greedy for rushing not one, but two games for a Christmas release just to make more money and not caring about fixing glitches, they&#39;re just disgraceful. That and the NZ Warriors are statistically one of the best teams in the game despite finishing 14th, I don&#39;t think that&#39;s a coincidence.

I wish EA would have a crack at a Rugby League game, or anyone for that matter. At least EA would make a decent, relatively glitch-free game that didn&#39;t have stupid mistakes and obvious bias towards NZ teams.

Save your money, this game isn&#39;t worth the ridiculous price they charge for it.

I must say great post, would&#39;nt you agree, Mario?

C A Iversen
27-01-06, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Jan 27 2006, 11:30 PM
wow so much emo on the forums today/tonight. is it a full moon or something.

I think people think your a valuable member of the forum, and like having you here. You seem to keep us honest, by providing an alternate view to the status quo. Thats all very fine.

It&#39;s just you sometimes seem blunt and out to dismiss/pull apart somone elses view. Fine, if you do this a couple of times, but with some people you seem to stay on their case. It&#39;s their view, let them have it.

I don&#39;t always agree with Knowsleyroader and Locksley. Contrary to what you might think, I don&#39;t think the sun shines out of their bomb bay doors. I just think this defensiveness over RL2 is pointless. Your obviously enjoying it, others no doubt are too. Nobody is trying to stop them from doing so, by posting negative thoughts on RL2. It&#39;s just how they feel about the game.

At the end of the day, who wants to spend all this time online trying to make other people think the way we want them to. It won&#39;t happen.

sanzar
27-01-06, 12:18 PM
Thread locked to prevent further controversy... movie idea&#39;s for tonights events can be discussed in off topic http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif .

St Helens RLFC
27-01-06, 02:00 PM
Thread re-opened. Controversy removed. Post as normal. Sorry, by the way, to have deleted so many posts offering good points and which may have taken time to write but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s fair that SIDHE should be tarred with the brush which they had been.

-JJ-
27-01-06, 09:03 PM
Seems as good a place as any for my review after a couple months of playing it so here goes...

Firstly Rugby union is my favourite sport. Followed quite a way back by Cricket and then even further back League. Maybe that&#39;s why I&#39;m not so critical of the game because I&#39;m not putting every law/move under the spot light. I enjoyed Rugby League 1 a lot.

Starting off at the menus, yes, they do seem unneccessarily slow. However I can get over that. The range of options is impressive, the best franchise in a rugby game, and the only one with online play. I have had some injury issues (had a couple of games where if I got another injury I would have been screwed) like others but have managed to get by. I would like to be able to call unsigned players into the squad straight away in future versions.

The online play is nice, but I dunno, I just didn&#39;t seem to want to play it that often. Having better chat would&#39;ve made it better and feel more online like.

Now the actual gameplay. I play on the close classic view (the one that swings behind the team with ball in hand). You get to see the improvement on animations and graphics a lot better here. Defending is easy to review. I like it. The players go where I want them to and yeah. The play-the-ball should be quicker so the defence doesn&#39;t always get the time to reset itself though. Charge downs should be added aswell as more illegal tackles. Catching the ball from up and unders is too easy on defence.

Attacking. Well. Admittedly, when I first got the game, and plugged in the promotional controller, I thought my controller must be bung, and changed my controller back to the original one. I got used to it. Passing from the play-the-ball is lame, I try and pass left and he just scoots. Passing around the field is good though.

Ball in hand play is fine by me. General play kicking is quite lame. When I pass to the play maker I expect to have all the time in the world to get my kick away. Instead I sometimes get tackled on the last when I&#39;m trying to kick which I don&#39;t like. The tactical kicking around the in goal which I like to watch in rugby league doesn&#39;t seem to be replicated very well.

Cut scenes are stupid and take too long too load, this is one place where Rugby 2005 demolishes RL2. Yes, I did turn them off, but I shouldn&#39;t need too. I&#39;m fine with them in Rugby 2005. Video ref. I had this happen for me several times early on, but haven&#39;t seen it in my franchise which is now onto it&#39;s second year?

Well I&#39;m bored of typing now, so here&#39;s a summary...

The look of the game: 8/10. Graphics are good, cut scenes not.
The options of the game: 8.5/10. All the options you could want, some just not pulled off right.
The life of the game: 8.5/10. I could see myself playing franchise on and off for quite a while.
The defence aspect of the game: 9/10. Just dandy.
The attacking aspect of the game: 7/10. Suffers from control issues and kicking issues.

Overall 7.5/10. In general everything you want, however let down by some of those things not being that polished.

I would be happy if Sidhe took over from Swordfish making rugby union games to rival EA.

doovepop
28-01-06, 02:09 AM
posted from palgn forums
http://palgn.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9463
hmmmm
Well I must say that you&#39;ve lost some respect from me Matt.
I played this game with a friend at Harvey Norman where it was on display.
He&#39;s a huge sports fan in general and loves League. I&#39;d say we played the game for about 20 minutes against eachother. We both came to the conclusion that it&#39;s about as fun to play as playing with a dogs nuts.
Meaning it&#39;s complete arse, sluggish as hell and random at best. It has no chance in competing with EA, Konami or 2K games , it&#39;s just amazingly bad.
When running around, I seem to remember holding down on the analogue stick and my player running to the side. Not once did any of my tackles connect when I pressed the tackle button. Even passing is crap and flawed.
I won&#39;t even start on the horrible graphics thats should achieve 60 fps as standard, clipping problems thrown in for free and you just got to love the crowd detail (like PS1 era).
This game deserve a 5, maybe a 6 at best. No way does it deserve an 8, thats reserved for EA, 2K and Konami status.

The sad thing is, my friend was thoroughly enjoying the game until I pointed out all of it&#39;s problems. Thank god he realised just how pathetic it was. Commercial gamers have no clue what a good game is.

sanzar
28-01-06, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 28 2006, 02:09 PM
posted from palgn forums
hmmmm
He&#39;s a huge sports fan in general and loves League. I&#39;d say we played the game for about 20 minutes against eachother. We both came to the conclusion that it&#39;s about as fun to play as playing with a dogs nuts.
Meaning it&#39;s complete arse, sluggish as hell and random at best. It has no chance in competing with EA, Konami or 2K games , it&#39;s just amazingly bad.
When running around, I seem to remember holding down on the analogue stick and my player running to the side. Not once did any of my tackles connect when I pressed the tackle button. Even passing is crap and flawed.
I won&#39;t even start on the horrible graphics thats should achieve 60 fps as standard, clipping problems thrown in for free and you just got to love the crowd detail (like PS1 era).
This game deserve a 5, maybe a 6 at best. No way does it deserve an 8, thats reserved for EA, 2K and Konami status.

The sad thing is, my friend was thoroughly enjoying the game until I pointed out all of it&#39;s problems. Thank god he realised just how pathetic it was. Commercial gamers have no clue what a good game is.
That&#39;s pretty harsh mate... the fact is that most sports fans out there aren&#39;t psycho game nuts who scruitinize every aspect of a game. I&#39;ll bet that most league fans out there want a game in which they can score a few tries with their favourate player and win the trophy with their favourate team. Saying that they don&#39;t know what a good game is because they aren&#39;t as diehard a gamer as you is rubbish.

kaftka
28-01-06, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 28 2006, 03:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 28 2006, 03:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop@Jan 28 2006, 02:09 PM
posted from palgn forums
hmmmm

That&#39;s pretty harsh mate... the fact is that most sports fans out there aren&#39;t psycho game nuts who scruitinize every aspect of a game. I&#39;ll bet that most league fans out there want a game in which they can score a few tries with their favourate player and win the trophy with their favourate team. Saying that they don&#39;t know what a good game is because they aren&#39;t as diehard a gamer as you is rubbish. [/b]
Agreed.

While I hated RL2 (well, hate is such a strong word... Disliked many aspects... Actually, only one really...), if someone is having fun with the game, you don&#39;t say "you&#39;re not allowed to like it. I think it&#39;s **** and I play games more than you..."

I realise it wasn&#39;t you doovepop, but still... Just my onion.

esoj
28-01-06, 03:57 AM
lol the rest of that thread is a crack up. this from sol bad also Havn&#39;t played EA&#39;s Rugby series however, I&#39;m scared to play any Rugby related game as they aren&#39;t usually very good.

how would he know though he hasn&#39;t played any. what a clown. this guy is an idiot pure and simple.

Parore
01-02-06, 08:40 AM
It seems that from St Helens RLFC&#39;s closing of threads that we cannot criticise Sidhe here either for their product. A shame really.

St Helens RLFC
01-02-06, 09:26 AM
You can criticise SIDHE all you want, just dont waste my time and everyone elses by having a pointless argument about hacking laws.

Los Lover
01-02-06, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 1 2006, 11:26 PM
You can criticise SIDHE all you want, just dont waste my time and everyone elses by having a pointless argument about hacking laws.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ok.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bravo.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif

Okay...alriiiighty then!!

"Let&#39;s talk about mario...

just jokes.... http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

&#39;I&#39;m just playing with you Mario, you know I love ya" - Marshall Lover