PDA

View Full Version : Caucau joins Toulouse!

Gavin
08-10-10, 08:35 AM
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6433766,00.html

Controversial Fijian Rupeni Caucaunibuca is set to join European champions Toulouse as a medical joker it has been confirmed.

It's one of the biggest transfer stories of the year as the "Caucau" soap opera seems to be reaching a conclusion.

A "verbal agreement" has been reached Jean-Michel Rancoule, who is in charge of Toulouse's recruitment, told the French press and a contract is expected to be signed by the end of the weekend.

The big Fijian will join the seventeen-time French champions as a medical replacement for injured centre Yann David, who has a broken leg.

Agen told Caucau that he was no longer wanted in their squad after he failed to return to France in time for the start of the Top 14 season but his transfer has been delayed by the 150 000 Euro transfer fee demanded by Agen.

Both Castres and Biarrritz have been after his signature. Following an "amical" meeting between Agen president Alain Tingaud and the player, Agen have finally agreed to release the Caucau after accepting a fee well below the initial asking price according to reports.

The move to Toulouse was apparently facilitated by Toulouse's Fijian wing Vilimoni Delasau.

Caucau will not be able to play for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup since he has not been registered with the ERC and will probably not appear in Red and Black in the Top 14 for a while yet as he is still far from the physical form expected of a Toulouse player.

Joins as a medical joker? More like joins as a joker.

munstermuffin
08-10-10, 09:10 AM
Has potential to be a great signing.

TRF_Hulkster
08-10-10, 09:29 AM
One of the few clubs that could actually get him to slim down and start playing like himself again!

Haysie
08-10-10, 10:46 AM
Haha. "The Caucau". Love it.

Best of luck to him, I'm sure he'll do well!

munstermuffin
08-10-10, 10:49 AM
If he does get fit then playing in that Toulouse team he could be a try machine

TRF_nickdnz
08-10-10, 02:31 PM
Well, it seems he's got one last, real and completely undeserved chance to turn his playing career around. He's getting on a bit, but Toulouse are a club which dominates, and expects the best out of their players on and off the field. If Caucaunibuca can slim up, and dominate in Toulouse, then I can see him having a genuine chance in playing for Fiji in the RWC. However, I'd hardly act suprised if he didn't get into shape, get very little match time, and be a disapointment once more. It's a bit of a high risk gamble for Toulouse, but it could have a big pay off.

Feicarsinn
08-10-10, 02:53 PM
Three words

Waste of money.

Charles
10-10-10, 02:44 PM
Three words

Waste of money.

He was cheap, and Noves is a wise man. If they can pound some sense in him, beware...

TRF_Olyy
10-10-10, 02:46 PM
It doesn't mention whether the €150k fee was paid or not,
That would certainly move him from "cheap" to "waste of cash" :p

Charles
10-10-10, 02:56 PM
Nah 150K is nothing for Toulouse...They are probably the richest rugby club in the world...

TRF_Olyy
10-10-10, 03:00 PM
Good point, but in rugby-wage-terms it's a fairly large sum
Caucau does have a massive amount of potential though, so hopefully they can get him firing on all cyllinders

Charles
10-10-10, 03:20 PM
Metro Racing bought Benjamin Fall for 500.000 euros this season. It's the biggest transfer ever but still...

Charles
11-10-10, 09:52 AM
Apparently Toulouse bought him for less than 50.000E, which really IS dirt cheap if they manage to get him in shape...

TRF_Hulkster
11-10-10, 10:44 AM
They mentioned yesterday during the Toulouse HEC game that he is unlikely to play for them for another month while they get him in shape!

Charles
11-10-10, 11:55 AM
Yeah a month or two apparently. He has to lose at least 20 kilos...

lynam1104
11-10-10, 12:35 PM
dam 20 KG how he get that fat?

Charles
11-10-10, 12:50 PM
Fiji+McD+Empty Head+Talent

cyRil
11-10-10, 01:36 PM
The only problem is that he doesn't give a **** about rugby.

MichaelBoard
11-10-10, 05:04 PM
The only problem is that he doesn't give a **** about rugby.

Lol that could be a problem couldn't it!

ifereimi
16-10-10, 08:53 PM
Glad to know rups joining another top team.

Melhor Time
03-01-11, 11:22 PM
He played 13 for Toulouse in their home match vs Castres on Sunday and I couldnīt believe my eyes. He is so FAT! At first I thought it was Samoaīs Census Johnson. Check out the video and his work for the first try scored by Medard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J55hZzEG8

Please God, do not let him back in Fijiīs test side. They have much better players. Vulivuli, ofr instance, got a good try vs Montpellier yesterday.

TRF_nickdnz
04-01-11, 12:19 AM
He played 13 for Toulouse in their home match vs Castres on Sunday and I couldnīt believe my eyes. He is so FAT! At first I thought it was Samoaīs Census Johnson. Check out the video and his work for the first try scored by Medard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9J55hZzEG8

Please God, do not let him back in Fijiīs test side. They have much better players. Vulivuli, ofr instance, got a good try vs Montpellier yesterday.

He did quite well for the French Barbarians v Tonga. He still needs to get into a lot better shape though, before he has any hope of playing for Fiji in the RWC, especially considering you've got quality players like Nalaga, Bobo and Delasau all in good form on the wings, and Rabini and Vulivuli looking like some of the best centres in the T14.

charles_springbok2007
22-01-11, 09:05 PM
that aint so bad...

TRF_Hulkster
18-02-11, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NHlCMRxK8

First game back ... looks to have lost some weight! Delasau on the other hand ... is following quickly in Cacau's boots!

TRF_nickdnz
18-02-11, 01:51 AM
Man, they're both big boys, but great try.

Charles
18-02-11, 04:05 AM
Yeah nice flick pass...And the step by Dels, you'd think people would know by now and yet, it still works :lol:, every time.

Muzzy
18-02-11, 05:27 AM
oh man thats so disappointing to see how much weight Delasau has gained, he's supposed to be Fiji's best winger and this is a world cup year man, Fiji need him in good shape. Its funny to see Caucau running with that stomach though lol, and Delasau has always been one of the best steppers ever

check out 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fVsUdtHgks