PDA

View Full Version : Another rugby game being made

nightmarehitter
14-11-10, 03:12 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-releaseFooty fever to ignite rugby release

CLAIRE MCENTEE - BusinessDay.co.nz Last updated 05:00 15/11/2010
Share (http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-release#share)
Print
Text Size

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1289727214/655/4343655.jpg
GAME ON: Andrew Stairs, one of Sidhe's artists, working on the likenesses of rugby players which will be used in a rugby game released next year.

http://inl-images.adbureau.net/inl/accipiter/images/AE3.gif (http://inl.adbureau.net/accipiter/adclick/CID=fffffffcfffffffcfffffffc/aamsz=240x45_SPECIALOFFER/POS=RELEVANTOFFER1/acc_random=29133733223/pageid=3881996609/site=s/area=s.stuff.technology.games/SOURCEDOMAIN=www.stuff.co.nz/KEYWORD=Rugby%20WORLDCUP%20SIDHE%20world%20Financi al%20HOME%20Director%20NATIONAL%20FRANCHISE%20PC%2 0PLAY%20RUGBYUNION%20Reward%20LEAGUE%20RugbyWorldC up?&_=1289750979877)

[/URL]
Wellington's Sidhe is developing a rugby game due for release around the time of the World Cup.
It believes the footy fever set to grip the country and hundreds of millions of overseas viewers could make the title its most successful yet.
Managing director Mario Wynands said Rugby Challenge would be available for PCs and most game consoles, and would feature players and teams from the All Blacks, ITM Cup and Super Rugby competition.
The game's players would be able to play each other online including people in different countries and create their own rugby players and competitions. Rugby Challenge would also have a multi-year franchise mode so players could develop a team over several years, and "real-time dynamic commentary" voiced by well-known commentators.
The title will be distributed by Sydney-based Home Entertainment Suppliers, for which Sidhe has previously developed rugby league games.
Under development since late last year, Rugby Challenge is one of the biggest projects in dollar terms the 120-person firm has worked on. Mr Wynands said it had been several years since the last rugby union game had been released and none had been developed for the latest generation of consoles. "Other publishers who have worked in that [sport] space such as Electronic Arts don't seem to be supporting smaller sports codes such as cricket and rugby which seems crazy when you consider how big those audiences are."
HES paid Sidhe an up-front development fee and Sidhe would receive royalties on sales. "There is potential there for us to see significant financial reward if the game takes off internationally.
"With the timing especially and the World Cup being here, everything is aligning to make it an amazing opportunity. We're hoping we can make it one of our best games ever, if not the best game that we have created."
The International Rugby Board's head of the Rugby World Cup, Kit McConnell, has said the tournament will bring 85,000 visitors to New Zealand in addition to vast numbers of international television viewers.
Mr Wynands said about 50 staff were working on the game, ensuring it was as polished as possible.
"We're certainly hoping the game is well-received creatively, lest we be kicked out of the country for messing up the national sport."
See [URL="http://rugbychallengegame.com/"]rugbychallengegame.com (http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/blogs/game-junkie/4319353/Super-Scribblenauts-experiment-the-results).

TRF_Olyy
14-11-10, 03:15 PM
Intriguing, good find!
Maybe Rugby Challenge will have the SH licences and 2012 will have NH

Conal
14-11-10, 03:16 PM
will this be released in the uk?

TVH11
14-11-10, 03:55 PM
I think i just wet myself :P :P those player head shots look rather frikin good :D :D two rugby games next year.... this ace :P
Fingers crossed for NH teams, but certainly looks like the likenesses will be pretty good :D
HB now have competition :D :D great news for the rugby community :D

TVH11
14-11-10, 04:46 PM
Well this would explain why there's been so many anti-HB ******s on the board of late as Sidhes' fanboi-mafia go into over-drive.

hahahaha genius post :D :D seriously tho, this is great for us lot... 2 games for the world cup. I hope that rugby challenge will have NH teams :D :D likenesses do look good, just hope NH players have the same effort (although i think NZ players will have priority :D)

dan the man
14-11-10, 06:30 PM
Wow!!! This is great news. Those player faces look amazing! I'm so excited right now!

Maybe this will encourage HB Studio's to give us a little taste of what they're up to ;)
Including a Manager mode and Edit mode i'm sure will be a huge selling point! this could get very interesting depending on which one comes out first... Man I just cant wait!!!

Mario
14-11-10, 07:10 PM
Well this would explain why there's been so many anti-HB ******s on the board of late as Sidhes' fanboi-mafia go into over-drive.

Considering this was only announced this morning, I'm not sure your hypothesis holds much water.

Anyway, glad to have this announced now (www.rugbychallengegame.com). There should be more coverage cropping up over the course of the day and coming weeks.

Duckdee
14-11-10, 07:12 PM
Flippin'eck. Like bloody buses! :p

markshaw
14-11-10, 07:17 PM
So happy its being made in NZ.

Mario
14-11-10, 07:20 PM
Really?

The way Sidhes forums have treated us in the past?

Sure.

What are you even talking about?

Yes, this game was announced just this morning. None of our community members knew about our involvement in the game until then.

TRF_Saints
14-11-10, 07:21 PM
There have been some issues between TRF and Sidhe in the past Chris, but me and Mario have resolved those fairly recently.

Jansi_555
14-11-10, 07:26 PM
I must say this sounds really good. I am looking forward to it.

markshaw
14-11-10, 07:26 PM
Nice to see a Multi season franchise mode in there too.

Duckdee
14-11-10, 07:30 PM
Hope the commentary is better than RLL. My bad, not the same team.

Radman
14-11-10, 07:30 PM
Great news, and Mario by coverage do you mean screenies or footage or is that stuff still along way off?.

Mario
14-11-10, 07:32 PM
Great news, and Mario by coverage do you mean screenies or footage or is that stuff still along way off?.

No screenshots, just more media coverage with the odd image. Such as here http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/924/sidhes-rugby-challenge.html

The image is not a direct screen cap. But cropped in from a photo of somebody editing a stadium.

Radman
14-11-10, 07:55 PM
Mario, so when will the "embargo" be lifted and you be able to answer our questions about the game in detail?.

I'd assume not till sometime next year right?.

Mario
14-11-10, 08:01 PM
Mario, so when will the "embargo" be lifted and you be able to answer our questions about the game in detail?.

I'd assume not till sometime next year right?.

More information will be released this year.

TVH11
14-11-10, 08:02 PM
oooooooooo two "screenshots" in one day :D :D I'm well exited now. woop woop :D :D Thanks Mario for the insight on NZ Gamer :D :D Hopefully there will be some Fifa vs PES rivalry developing (friendly rivalry of course). I can't wait to see "proper" screenshots of both Rugby 2012 and Rugby Challenge :D :D I'm gonna sleep well tonight :D :D i hope the games both have their unique gameplay features :D man I'm exited :D

TRF C A Iversen
14-11-10, 08:03 PM
Mario, I basically cringed at what was written earlier in this thread. I hope you know that when it comes to our forum links with developers, that the vast majority of our staff believe in forging links and associations, not burning our bridges. :) The only thing I've said about you recently was two things that ended up being right on the nose, lol.

1: That I was sure Sidhe and HB wouldn't be working together on a rugby project.
2: That Mario won't tell us anything about any upcoming projects until he's good and ready (due to that obviously being sensitive information).

Where I was off the mark was guessing in another thread that you might be working with HB to make this Rugby game (obviously without EA).

So anyhow, how about we ask you a nice question then?

Will Rugby Challenge have the kind of player controllability that EA's rugby titles and Rugyb League Live have displayed? I obviously feel EA's have been the best, but Rugby League Live was very responsive also. As you know from feedback over the years that controllability of players has been one of the issues that people seized on with Rugby League 2 and apparently it got somewhat (or significantly I don't know) better on Rugby League 3 on the Wii. It's one of those issues that has mattered to people.

Would be great to know.

dan the man
14-11-10, 08:03 PM
Mean!!! those shots are looking great! So glad that the game is being made in NZ!

Tell me more, tell me more!!! :D So excited!!!

esoj
14-11-10, 08:11 PM
woah this looks promising and now we have got 2 rugby games to look forward to next year awesome

Ninja
14-11-10, 08:18 PM
Competition is great! This will encourage both developers to make the best possible game! End of the day us the consumers will win as we have 2 games to choose from. I will be buying both though. :)

TRF_woosaah
14-11-10, 08:26 PM
i just read this on stuff then had to come straigh here.

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! i cant wait to find out how this and HB's game line up with each other.

and on PC as well, excellent!

esoj
14-11-10, 08:52 PM
definitely good news that it's coming out on pc especially for those that don't have a 360 or ps3 and were feeling a bit left out on rugby 2012.

gmoe
14-11-10, 08:53 PM
If this game uses the same engine as is used in Rugby League = Fail.

tomwid_88
14-11-10, 08:58 PM
Good to see competition emerging, hopefully this will spur HB on to make the game as good as possible, so we will hopefully end up with two great rugby games

TRF C A Iversen
14-11-10, 09:01 PM
If this game uses the same engine as is used in Rugby League = Fail.

Do you mean Rugby League or Rugby League Live? If you mean Rugby League, that was PS2, so no. If you mean Rugby League Live, well that game wasn't developed by Sidhe, but by Big Ant. So, maybe it's possible, but we can't really say that just now. It's just a big "don't know" as of now.

Even if it was the Rugby League Live engine, we don't know the technical characteristics of that engine, so we can't know if it can be better utilised than it was, which in my opinion wasn't too bad. I felt that Rugby League Live just had a few small issues that were more related to the way it was programmed rather than the engine.

alexrugby
14-11-10, 09:01 PM
will this be released in the uk?

and in East Europe too :)))

TRF_Saints
14-11-10, 09:06 PM
With a few small tweaks RLL would be amazing. It's very, very good as it is.

TVH11
14-11-10, 09:40 PM
With a few small tweaks RLL would be amazing. It's very, very good as it is.

I wouldn't know, cause im still waiting for my copy from play.com :( :( (been a week and two days now.....
anyways can't wait to see more info from both games
Fifa v Pes competition here we come :D

Mario
14-11-10, 09:56 PM
Will Rugby Challenge have the kind of player controllability that EA's rugby titles and Rugyb League Live have displayed? I obviously feel EA's have been the best, but Rugby League Live was very responsive also. As you know from feedback over the years that controllability of players has been one of the issues that people seized on with Rugby League 2 and apparently it got somewhat (or significantly I don't know) better on Rugby League 3 on the Wii. It's one of those issues that has mattered to people.

There were certainly mixed feelings about the move towards a more realistic, simulation style game in RL2. There were large improvements made with respect to animation and control responsiveness in RL3.

Controls and animation are two areas getting a large overhaul from us in Rugby Challenge, and we are bringing a lot of new technology and know how to the table. Some insights into what we are doing in this area will be revealed in the months ahead.

Radman
14-11-10, 10:16 PM
Hey Mario, without giving too much away, have you used the services of any real Rugby experts when developing the animations used for Rucks, mauls, set pieces etc?...

Mario
14-11-10, 10:20 PM
Hey Mario, without giving too much away, have you used the services of any real Rugby experts when developing the animations used for Rucks, mauls, set pieces etc?...

We are working with both coaches and players on that sort of thing, both on a consulting basis as well as practically via motion capture.

dan the man
14-11-10, 10:20 PM
More importantly Mario, do you need anyone (me) to come and test out the game before it's release? Haha

It's worth a shot! :p

Mario
14-11-10, 10:23 PM
More importantly Mario, do you need anyone (me) to come and test out the game before it's release? Haha

We regularly expose our titles to consumers via our usability testing. See here for details on how to apply http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40943 We also occassionally have the need for contract quality assurance testers.

Of course, either way, you'll be required to sign an NDA and won't be able to discuss your experiences.

Radman
14-11-10, 10:23 PM
HAHA!, yeah, hook us up Muzz!.:)

Mario
14-11-10, 10:31 PM

Well, I should warn you, because of the nature of usability testing, we only ever use an individual test subject on a specific game once. The longer you leave it, the closer to the end product you'd be able to get your hands on.

Radman
14-11-10, 10:38 PM
Well I can wait till closer to the end of development, I'll be ready when the time is right, just let me know when that best time is.:)

dan the man
14-11-10, 11:08 PM
We regularly expose our titles to consumers via our usability testing. See here for details on how to apply http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40943 We also occassionally have the need for contract quality assurance testers.

Of course, either way, you'll be required to sign an NDA and won't be able to discuss your experiences.

Awesome!!! Don't worry... I can keep a secret :D

Dizzy
14-11-10, 11:23 PM
man this is superb news... just reading those articles and how they sound as if they're putting their all into this game, I feel this may possibly top Rugby 2012[not in sales]...

Mario
14-11-10, 11:42 PM
man this is superb news... just reading those articles and how they sound as if they're putting their all into this game, I feel this may possibly top Rugby 2012[not in sales]...

Thanks for the support from yourself and others. Though I'm curious at the qualification you make at the end of your sentence. You don't think the sales potential is there for Rugby Challenge? Why not?

TRF C A Iversen
14-11-10, 11:51 PM

Why will Rugby Challenge not sell amazingly well also?

It's for the best for Rugby if both titles do very well. Buying both would be the way any true Rugby gamer would go. I have very good condition copies in my home sports video games library of :

Rugby World Cup '95 [Sega Megadrive]
Jonah Lomu Rugby [Playstation]
Jonah Lomu Rugby [PC]
EA Rugby (2001) [PS2]
Rugby 2004 [PS2]
Rugby 2005 [Xbox]
Rugby 2006 [Xbox]
Rugby 2006 [PS2]
Rugby 08 [PS2]
Zinzan's World Championship Rugby [Xbox]
Rugby Challenge 2006 [Xbox]
Stacey Jones Rugby League [Xbox]
NRL Rugby League 2 [Xbox]
NRL Rugby League: Live [PS3]

Still need to get a few more I missed when they came out for a proper history of rugby gaming, but with these new ones, I'll definitely be buying both.

Milla
15-11-10, 12:04 AM

Hello stranger! Mail the usability address in the thread Mario linked to :)

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 12:07 AM
Hello stranger! Mail the usability address in the thread Mario linked to :)

Ahh, Milla's here too. Nice to see you here on TRF. :)

sanzar
15-11-10, 12:11 AM
Looks like they've now got some competition:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-release

Best news I've heard about Rugby games in a long time! For too long it's just been one company with the odd title... some competition would be brilliant! If they both prove profitable enough, we'll have the ideal situation in which both companies will be looking at what their competitor is doing better and then trying to better it in tern.

The only down side is the PC release... I really think Mario and co should make this exclusively console for at lease a year in order to mitigate the effect of piracy.

Milla
15-11-10, 12:12 AM
Heya :D

Thanks. I've been a bit lurky until now.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 12:23 AM
Heya :D

Thanks. I've been a bit lurky until now.

That's fair enough, pays to have a look around. When I think Milla I tend to think Jovovich, which isn't a bad thing to have lurking around, lol.

Anyhow, judging from the information available at present, you've all been working very hard at this and the initial screens of the first work done from the articles online look great. I'm very pleased to hear that customisation is once again likely to be a strong point of things.

If there was one thing I wasn't too keen on with the last Rugby (League) title I played from Sidhe was the constant appearance of the Rugby League 2 logo, about 20 or more times per game whilst playing. Whilst it didn't look too bad, it was just so repetitious. I never saw Rugby League 3 (as it was on the Wii), so I don't know if this is still part of Sidhe's thinking on how a game should look during play.

sanzar
15-11-10, 12:32 AM
I personally think that as it looks right now, Rugby Challenge looks to have the edge over Rugby 2012... they've already got licensing from the Super Rugby tourny and the All Blacks and will have both online and franchise mode, then they've already ticked the boxes that a lot of customers consider essential (in the SH at least in terms of licensing).

Furthermore, I think that Sidhe have actually demonstrated themselves a more than competent developer with their previous three League titles. There was a clear evolution in those. The first had good solid game play, but lacked features; the second had the features, but the gameplay took a bit of a backward step; and the third was strong on both fronts.

If Sidhe manage to develop a dynamic rucking mechanism in the tackle area, then combined with what they've already managed to do with the running/defensive game that they've developed in League, this could truly be brilliant.

Wonderful news fellas! I can't wait to see it :) .

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 12:38 AM
I personally think that as it looks right now, Rugby Challenge looks to have the edge over Rugby 2012... they've already got licensing from the Super Rugby tourny and the All Blacks and will have both online and franchise mode, then they've already ticked the boxes that a lot of customers consider essential (in the SH at least in terms of licensing).

Furthermore, I think that Sidhe have actually demonstrated themselves a more than competent developer with their previous three League titles. There was a clear evolution in those. The first had good solid game play, but lacked features; the second had the features, but the gameplay took a bit of a backward step; and the third was strong on both fronts.

If Sidhe manage to develop a dynamic rucking mechanism in the tackle area, then combined with what they've already managed to do with the running/defensive game that they've developed in League, this could truly be brilliant.

Wonderful news fellas! I can't wait to see it :) .

Oh what a good point! Good Ruck & Maul mechanisms will be one of the big things to give one of the two games an edge if implemented for sure.

Radman
15-11-10, 12:42 AM
You're onto it Sanzar buddy, Sidhe has the edge at the moment. From what we know allready and with alot more yet to be revealed and with control systems ( ie passing options ) from previous League games possibly going to be in the mix in some way this game could be something special for Rugby fans and sports game fans in general.

Excited for both games though although from recent developments Sidhes game certainly seems like it will have depth of features in spades judging by Rugby League 3s depth.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 12:54 AM
The writer of the below article may have said more than he really knows here Mario or Milla, if your about. Just thought I'd put this up in case you might want to email him. :)

http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/sidhe-announces-rugby-challenge-for-xbox-360/18716/2/

Mario
15-11-10, 12:59 AM
The writer of the below article may have said more than he really knows here Mario or Milla, if your about. Just thought I'd put this up in case you might want to email him. :)

http://www.techday.co.nz/gameconsole/news/sidhe-announces-rugby-challenge-for-xbox-360/18716/2/

Well, hard to get all the coverage completely accurate without a little guesswork and some embellishments happening here and there :)

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 01:04 AM
Well, hard to get all the coverage completely accurate without a little guesswork and some embellishments happening here and there :)

Yeah bound to be a bit of that. Just thought I'd show ya.

On another note, I'm fascinated by my own reaction to one element of this news. It's not really that important to the core game-play experience, but I find myself constantly thinking about who the commentators are. I might put up a poll asking not necessarily who they want, but who they think Sidhe might have secured for this 2 man job.

HarryPeters
15-11-10, 01:20 AM
This is great! So thats who was taking the photos of the Waratahs.

I'm loving the ITM Cup in it and also the Franchise mode! The two things I want most out of the next game!

Radman
15-11-10, 01:21 AM
Has to be Tony Johnson and Mexted surely but any combo of these two and or Marshall and Nisbet would be ace...that is if they go for NZ commentators.

I'd personally like the Fox team in there but I also like the South Africans as well..

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 01:35 AM
Has to be Tony Johnson and Mexted surely but any combo of these two and or Marshall and Nisbet would be ace...that is if they go for NZ commentators.

I'd personally like the Fox team in there but I also like the South Africans as well..

I'd say one New Zealander is likely at least, although that's just guessing. If it's the case, I'd say Nisbett's slightly deeper voice sounds slightly less New Zealand accent twangy than Johnston's, but still they are fine New Zealand commentators. If Mexted is a comments man, I'd love it, particularly if without going over the top he was able to make cleverly comical asides to the main commentator.

Of course the reality is that there is a good chance that there'll be someone from another country in the mix instead of two kiwis. If so, I'm hoping for a Mr Bladen.

sanzar
15-11-10, 01:46 AM
Oh what a good point! Good Ruck & Maul mechanisms will be one of the big things to give one of the two games an edge if implemented for sure.

It's really the core of any rugby game IMO and it's what made Rugby '08 a decent game, but not a great one. Those EA titles had decent passing and running, and the set pieces were solid enough, but the rucks were just far too automated. If either HB or Sidhe can develop a system in which the flankers really have an impact, then this will be a very good game.

For instance, if they could give players the control to get players "to their feet" after a tackle when opposing players haven't committed enough players to the ruck/or the player is isolated, then the game would be very lifelike. This would truly be brilliant if great flankers like McCaw or Pocock were more likely to turn players in tackles and had a clearly superior ability to get to their feet after tackles.

Radman
15-11-10, 01:55 AM
We still don't know how realistic they intend to go with this game, is it going to be sim with arcadey elements or a true sim with every aspect of gameplay as true to life as they can get given the budget they have to work with.

Time will tell.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 02:07 AM
It's really the core of any rugby game IMO and it's what made Rugby '08 a decent game, but not a great one. Those EA titles had decent passing and running, and the set pieces were solid enough, but the rucks were just far too automated. If either HB or Sidhe can develop a system in which the flankers really have an impact, then this will be a very good game.

For instance, if they could give players the control to get players "to their feet" after a tackle when opposing players haven't committed enough players to the ruck/or the player is isolated, then the game would be very lifelike. This would truly be brilliant if great flankers like McCaw or Pocock were more likely to turn players in tackles and had a clearly superior ability to get to their feet after tackles.

I'd say having to tap a displayed-over-the-tackle (randomised order) 3-button combo to get a player swiftly to his feet and then a take ball control possibly like the R3 button on the PS3 would be great. It'd keep people on their toes and if you took to long to do that, then players will have turned it into a ruck and you'll be done for a ruck penalty.

If the fear is that they could lose new gamers to the complexity of rucks/mauls, they could also have rucks/mauls be able to be set to standard or advanced in the options maybe?

sanzar
15-11-10, 02:13 AM
I'd say having to tap a displayed-over-the-tackle (randomised order) 3-button combo to get a player swiftly to his feet and then a take ball control possibly like the R3 button on the PS3 would be great. It'd keep people on their toes and if you took to long to do that, then players will have turned it into a ruck and you'll be done for a ruck penalty.

If the fear is that they could lose new gamers to the complexity of rucks/mauls, they could also have rucks/mauls be able to be set to standard or advanced in the options maybe?

Very good idea. You could simply have an option for "manual or automatic" rucks, where the automatic ones are simply decided on momentum and how isolated the player is.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 02:22 AM
Very good idea. You could simply have an option for "manual or automatic" rucks, where the automatic ones are simply decided on momentum and how isolated the player is.

My system is one of about 4-5 that have been doing the rounds since the other Rugby title was announced. Some of the others are quite good ones too. So, I'm just hoping (almost praying) that Mario comes to us one day in the future and says "we have some good news for ruck and maul lovers now".

He could run for PM after that, lol.

dan the man
15-11-10, 02:53 AM
Yeah good point... If the game gets too complicated then it will lose appeal. With previous Rugby games pretty much anyone could pick the game up for the first time and have fun right away.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 03:13 AM
Yeah good point... If the game gets too complicated then it will lose appeal. With previous Rugby games pretty much anyone could pick the game up for the first time and have fun right away.

Yep and then after 10-15 fun games, you start realising, "Hey, I've got absolutely zero control over winning the rucks. It just......happens (or doesn't) really." Thats why having a new control for winning ball would be great. People find Rugby games fun at first and have a laugh throwing the ball around, but they lose their depth a bit when a key part of the game is somewhat pre-deciding for you who gets the ball.

That's part of the reason people still talk about Jonah Lomu Rugby's arcade rucks. It was a system that you could contest and people fought like hell for the ball.

admartian
15-11-10, 03:21 AM
Rugby Challenge would be available for PCs and most game consoles

I SERIOUSLY hope they mean PS3/360 too.

Radman
15-11-10, 03:26 AM
I'd LOL if it was only for Wii and PC....but nah that would be stupid. It has to be on all consoles or all hell will break loose LOL!.

admartian
15-11-10, 03:42 AM
I'd LOL if it was only for Wii and PC....but nah that would be stupid. It has to be on all consoles or all hell will break loose LOL!.
Well, RL3 was Wii/PC only wasn't it?

:(

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 03:43 AM

Well odds are it's on either Xbox 360 or PS3, as they say "consoles" not "console", so if it has to be two, then I can't see it being just Wii and Xbox 360. Still, I could be wrong, but even if I knew I wouldn't be saying. :)

dan the man
15-11-10, 03:48 AM
Yep and then after 10-15 fun games, you start realising, "Hey, I've got absolutely zero control over winning the rucks. It just......happens (or doesn't) really." Thats why having a new control for winning ball would be great. People find Rugby games fun at first and have a laugh throwing the ball around, but they lose their depth a bit when a key part of the game is somewhat pre-deciding for you who gets the ball.

That's part of the reason people still talk about Jonah Lomu Rugby's arcade rucks. It was a system that you could contest and people fought like hell for the ball.

Exactly... thats why it would be great to have the option of having the rucks/mauls on Automatic or Manual.

Radman
15-11-10, 03:53 AM
Well odds are it's on either Xbox 360 or PS3, as they say "consoles" not "console", so if it has to be two, then I can't see it being just Wii and Xbox 360. Still, I could be wrong, but even if I knew I wouldn't be saying. :)

I'm sure it will be on PS3 and 360 as well but THIS (http://rugbychallengegame.com/) gave me that tiny little bit of concern when it says console and not consoles anywhere.

Nothing to worry about though I reckon, I'm looking forward to it being on my PS3.:)

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 04:03 AM
I'm sure it will be on PS3 and 360 as well but THIS (http://rugbychallengegame.com/) gave me that tiny little bit of concern when it says console and not consoles anywhere.

Nothing to worry about though I reckon, I'm looking forward to it being on my PS3.:)

The Stuff article at the start quotes Mario as saying "most game consoles", (though they could be wrong).

Ninja
15-11-10, 04:11 AM

Hopefully not Justin Marshall... Would be good if it were Nisbo and TJ or Nisbo and Mexted. Or even Nisbo and Sumo :P But Please not Marshall...

Radman
15-11-10, 04:11 AM
It would make total business sense to only do it for Wii and PC if they can stop Piracy somehow, would cost way less and they have alot of tech from Rugby League 3 that can be used for this so wouldn't take a huge budget to make it allthough they kinda are starting from scratch in that they are reworking all the Rugby rules and players etc, but also the extra cost of developing for PS3 and 360 on top of all the rewokrings gives me the sense that the Wii and PC are the only way they can go unless HES has been real generous this time. Time will tell but I'm a little uneasy about this one being a PS3 gamer. Hope all my fears are turned to joy in time.

Mario
15-11-10, 04:16 AM
It would make total business sense to only do it for Wii and PC if they can stop Piracy somehow, would cost way less and they have alot of tech from Rugby League 3 that can be used for this so wouldn't take a huge budget to make it allthough they kinda are starting from scratch in that they are reworking all the Rugby rules and players etc, but also the extra cost of developing for PS3 and 360 on top of all the rewokrings gives me the sense that the Wii and PC are the only way they can go unless HES has been real generous this time. Time will tell but I'm a little uneasy about this one being a PS3 gamer. Hope all my fears are turned to joy in time.

The budget for this game is bigger than any Rugby League title we have done in the past.

Radman
15-11-10, 04:20 AM
Thats great news Mario, bigger budget hopefully means you guys have been able to make the game for both PS3 and 360.

dan the man
15-11-10, 04:21 AM
The budget for this game is bigger than any Rugby League title we have done in the past.

Does that mean that all of us 360 and PS3 gamers can stop stressing??? ;)

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 04:25 AM

I don't mind waiting for little bits of information to come out. If you know everything now it becomes a loooong wait. :)

Radman
15-11-10, 04:27 AM
Not until we see an announcement unfortunately. Expectations are low at this stage just in case.

And they wouldn't have their biggest budget yet and just release on Wii so in that sense our fears should turn to jubilation soon enough.:)

Radman
15-11-10, 04:34 AM
I'd hate to think it's going to be on PC only to make up for the fact it's only going to be on Wii.:(

I'll be wrong though...I hope.

Ninja
15-11-10, 05:33 AM
I'd hate to think it's going to be on PC only to make up for the fact it's only going to be on Wii.:(

I'll be wrong though...I hope.

Not sure why you assume it's only going to be on Wii and PC. Because of Rugby League 3?

Sidhe has been given a bigger budget to make this title from HES than any Rugby League title they've made and they are going to release it just before the Rugby World Cup starts so they would want to cash in for that. So it would be crazy not to release it on PS3 and Xbox360.

I think it's safe to assume that Rugby Challenge WILL be released on Xbox360 and PS3... Look at the photo with the face models, they look more like Xbox360/PS3 face models than Wii face models.

And look at the NZGamer website for the Rugby Challenge Article, it's been put under Playstation 3. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/924/sidhes-rugby-challenge.html

Also, if you look at the platforms it's got PS3/Xbox360/PC. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/games/2399/rugby-challenge.html

The man who wrote the article for nzgamer, Alan Bell, used to work for Sidhe.

But yeah, it's not official until it's announced, but I reckon it's a "certainty" that it's going to be released on PS3 and Xbox360.

dan the man
15-11-10, 05:36 AM
I don't mind waiting for little bits of information to come out. If you know everything now it becomes a loooong wait. :)

Yeah i don't mind waiting either but i don't wanna get myself too excited about a game that i might not even get. I'm not a PC gamer so i'm just really hoping that it comes out on 360 and PS3

Radman
15-11-10, 05:46 AM
Not sure why you assume it's only going to be on Wii and PC. Because of Rugby League 3?

I think it's safe to assume that Rugby Challenge WILL be released on Xbox360 and PS3... Look at the photo with the face models, they look more like Xbox360/PS3 face models than Wii face models.

And look at the NZGamer website for the Rugby Challenge Article, it's been put under Playstation 3. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/924/sidhes-rugby-challenge.html

Also, if you look at the platforms it's got PS3/Xbox360/PC. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/games/2399/rugby-challenge.html

The man who wrote the article for nzgamer, Alan Bell, used to work for Sidhe.

But yeah, it's not official until it's announced, but I reckon it's a "certainty" that it's going to be released on PS3 and Xbox360.

It's just some comments I've read and had said to me seem to be pointing in the one console direction and I'm scared that console is going to be Wii.

Sorry to be so antsy about this but missing out on Rugby League 3 ****** me off and missing out on this knowing how good I think it may be because of how good RL3 is would really **** me off.

The development is half way through almost, why no firm announcement now???.

I hope I can look back on this and laugh about how silly I was getting all carried away like this LOL!.

Radman
15-11-10, 06:32 AM
Just mentioned on the Sidhe forums how cool it would be to have both League rules and Union rules in this game.:)

lynam1104
15-11-10, 07:26 AM
Made my day two rugby games ext year and TBH this is already sounding better then 2012.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 07:30 AM
It's just some comments I've read and had said to me seem to be pointing in the one console direction and I'm scared that console is going to be Wii.

Sorry to be so antsy about this but missing out on Rugby League 3 ****** me off and missing out on this knowing how good I think it may be because of how good RL3 is would really **** me off.

The development is half way through almost, why no firm announcement now???.

I hope I can look back on this and laugh about how silly I was getting all carried away like this LOL!.

Well I hope so too. Does sound a little more worrying about that direction when you say you've read and heard some "one" console stuff. I just wondered if those player heads we were looking at looked a little to good a resolution to use on Wii?

Radman
15-11-10, 07:37 AM
Done on PC for PC, downgraded slightly for the Wii perhaps.

I dunno, hope it is on all three or the "main" consoles, would be real stink if it isn't.

dundasha
15-11-10, 08:19 AM
well i've got good news for those who want managers mode, online play and itm cup.... http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-release
but it's being released by sidhe and they've produced the not so hot RL Live for ps3 so dont expect too much

Looks interesting....
See the player models on his screen - Im gonna guess them in order from left to right.
John Afoa, Keven Mealamu, Jerome Kaino?, Corey Flynn and Joe.

As much as I am looking foward to Rugby 2012, A rugby game made in NZ, by kiwis makes me extremely hopeful. The more rugby games out next year, the better.
BTW, Sidhe didnt make Rugby League Live for PS3, Tru Blu entertainment did. Although Sidhe did make RL3 on Wii, which in my opion was pretty good, apart from the graphics and commentary (Sorry Andrew Voss, ur a nice guy, but Ray Warren craps all over ur commentary).
I think Sidhe lent Tru Blu some voices and motion capture for RLL tho.
Ill prolly get both games when they come out, on PC so I can patch it later :)

Radman
15-11-10, 08:44 AM
Wrong...Bigant made Rugby League Live.:)

TRF_nickdnz
15-11-10, 08:56 AM
Nightline in New Zealand is covering a new rugby game, tonight. More information perhaps.

Wally
15-11-10, 09:01 AM
Keep us posted on the nightline segment man.

I'm sure the staff at Sidhe will be very pleased with the amount of feedback/suggestions accumulated over at the 2012 subforum :p

TRF_nickdnz
15-11-10, 09:05 AM
It looks good. Didn't go into too much detail in terms of game play, but the models for faces actually look very impressive, with the deadline looking to be around the RWC. I'll see if I can find the video when it is releaced on TVNZ.

Looking good on TV there Mario ;).

Mario
15-11-10, 09:10 AM
It looks good. Didn't go into too much detail in terms of game play, but the models for faces actually look very impressive, with the deadline looking to be around the RWC. I'll see if I can find the video when it is releaced on TVNZ.

Looking good on TV there Mario ;).

What is it they say about TV? The camera puts on 30 pounds?

Geoff_
15-11-10, 09:13 AM
Does this mean rugby2012 and rugby challenge are going to fight over the licenses?

Mario
15-11-10, 09:15 AM
Video is up here

http://www.3news.co.nz/Game-developer-swaps-league-for-union/tabid/368/articleID/186432/Default.aspx

TRF_nickdnz
15-11-10, 09:19 AM
Video is up here

http://www.3news.co.nz/Game-developer-swaps-league-for-union/tabid/368/articleID/186432/Default.aspx

Ahh, was looking for this.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 09:22 AM
Does this mean rugby2012 and rugby challenge are going to fight over the licenses?

I hope not, but most of the time these rights deals are for exclusivity and commercially it makes sense. Still in a perfect world they could both buy licenses to use them the players/grounds etc, with no exclusivity for either. Then the fans would be really happy. :)

Ninja
15-11-10, 09:25 AM
Was Dave Farrier suppose to say the platforms it was being released on Mario? As he said it's being released on PS3, Xbox360 & PC.

Geoff_
15-11-10, 09:26 AM
I hope not, but most of the time these rights deals are for exclusivity and commercially it makes sense. Still in a perfect world they could both buy licenses to use them the players/grounds etc, with no exclusivity for either. Then the fans would be really happy. :)
Whew.. I hope it comes down to that, looking forward to the new competition between Sidhe and HB Studios!:) PES vs FIFA anyone?

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 09:26 AM
Did I just hear "PS3 and Xbox 360"? David Farrier can be a persuasive guy, so maybe, he somehow, just kind of.....got that out of you Mario, lol? :)

TRF_nickdnz
15-11-10, 09:28 AM
Did I just hear "PS3 and Xbox 360"? David Farrier can be a persuasive guy, so maybe, he somehow, just kind of.....got that out of you Mario, lol? :)
Haha, noticed that too.

Mario
15-11-10, 09:32 AM

Accurate reporting or conjecture? Who knows? I do.

Geoff_
15-11-10, 09:34 AM
Accurate Reporting:lol:

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 09:36 AM
Haha, noticed that too.

Maybe if there's something that still leaves that up to chance or there's some sensitive reason not to say that it definitely is coming to those platforms, maybe all Mario could say is that "the intention" is to "try" to bring it to those platforms?

Still to be fair to the guy HES are the producers and he really has to be consultative with Sidhe's business partners about the information he can release. Fair enough. Still it's our job to try and learn what we can, lol. :)

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 09:37 AM

Mate, that has to go down as tactical reply of the decade, hahaha. :D

Actually tactical and mean, lol.

TVH11
15-11-10, 10:18 AM
I'd hate to think it's going to be on PC

Especially if you have a mac :( :( :( No games come out for that :( :( Hopefully news soon :D :D

Duckdee
15-11-10, 11:19 AM
I'm sure the staff at Sidhe will be very pleased with the amount of feedback/suggestions accumulated over at the 2012 subforum :p

Yeah, I'd like to know if they've looked at any of that, or if it counts as some kind of illegal industrial espionage. :)

Kage
15-11-10, 11:23 AM
Sorry I'm late on the band wagon, but this news is awesome to the max!!!

We have HB who have been making Rugby games for years now, and Sidhe who who have come up with some of the greatest innovations in Rugby gaming ever (in my humble opinion). Very good times ahead.

Dizzy
15-11-10, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the support from yourself and others. Though I'm curious at the qualification you make at the end of your sentence. You don't think the sales potential is there for Rugby Challenge? Why not?

no what i meant was.... that i think the game overall will top rugby 2012 i wasn't talking about the sales...

Radman
15-11-10, 07:33 PM
Especially if you have a mac :( :( :( No games come out for that :( :( Hopefully news soon :D :D
Be careful how you quote me mate, I don't like how you cut my comment like that, seems like I'm dissing PC gaming when I'm not.

TRF_Cymro
15-11-10, 07:35 PM
Be careful how you quote me mate, I don't like how you cut my comment like that, seems like I'm dissing PC gaming when I'm not.

I dont think he was having a go ... just merely pointing out the fact he's gutted its unlikely that it will come out on a Mac!

Radman
15-11-10, 07:46 PM
I know, I just don't want anybody getting the wrong idea from that quote, thats all.

TRF_Cymro
15-11-10, 07:54 PM
I know, I just don't want anybody getting the wrong idea from that quote, thats all.

I don't think anyone would ...

Jansi_555
15-11-10, 08:59 PM
I didn't

donmcdazzle
15-11-10, 09:04 PM
my brother is in the ITM cup and i just told him about this game saying it'll be cool he will be in a game, and he goes 'oh yeah they came and took photos of us all and everything'.. awesome theyre going into that detail for all the players.

esoj
15-11-10, 09:05 PM
I think it's going to come out on pc\360 and ps3 with the wii and ps2 missing out this time. there is also of course the possibility of a timed exclusive on ps3 or 360 so it could come to both just one slightly later than the other. also remember rugby league 3 came out on wii at the begining of this year.

TRF C A Iversen
15-11-10, 09:07 PM
I think it's going to come out on pc\360 and ps3 with the wii and ps2 missing out this time. there is also of course the possibility of a timed exclusive on ps3 or 360 so it could come to both just one slightly later than the other.

yeah I think your pretty close to spot on there. With the number of faces they've been scanning in, it would be too much for the Wii, it has to be. They've said it has hundreds of actual captured faces, compared to dozens in other sports titles they've done. It just sounds a much bigger project.

dan the man
15-11-10, 09:28 PM
Yeah can't wait to see Tana in the game!!! wonder what his stats will be like???

Mario
15-11-10, 09:43 PM
yeah I think your pretty close to spot on there. With the number of faces they've been scanning in, it would be too much for the Wii, it has to be. They've said it has hundreds of actual captured faces, compared to dozens in other sports titles they've done. It just sounds a much bigger project.

On the number of likenesses, I think RL2 had something like 350-400 scanned/modeled NRL players in it. Not suggesting RC will have less, but likenesses are something we have always put effort into and every RL game has had way more than "dozens" done.

dan the man
15-11-10, 09:49 PM
Any chance of some more teasers??? Anthony Boric's face looked very good on the news last night but i couldn't make out the other two...

Jansi_555
15-11-10, 09:51 PM
Its fantastic hearing all this. Can't wait for the game to be released. It will come to SA? We wouldn't have to wait would we?

TVH11
15-11-10, 09:59 PM

Sorry man, didn't mean to quote you wrong. It was early in the morning, so my wording was poop. What i meant is that if the game is only pc (non 360/ps3), a mac guy like me wouldn't be able to play it :D :D

Nothing wrong with PC's :D Their great to play games on if you have one thats got the spec.....
anyways (after i posted) I saw a vid saying that game would be released on PC + 360/ps3... so its all good :D :D

TRF_Draggs
15-11-10, 10:03 PM
Will there be any coverage of the Six Nations or Heineken Cup?
Big markets in Europe.

Looking forward to this, competition should do the players some good!

Radman
15-11-10, 10:06 PM
Sorry man, didn't mean to quote you wrong. It was early in the morning, so my wording was poop. What i meant is that if the game is only pc (non 360/ps3), a mac guy like me wouldn't be able to play it :D :D

Nothing wrong with PC's :D Their great to play games on if you have one thats got the spec.....
anyways (after i posted) I saw a vid saying that game would be released on PC + 360/ps3... so its all good :D :D
Yeah, I'm so glad it is going to be on PS3.

Mario
15-11-10, 10:15 PM
Any chance of some more teasers??? Anthony Boric's face looked very good on the news last night but i couldn't make out the other two...

There are a couple of photos floating around the various news sites that covered the story. We'll likely collate and host them on our Facebook and www.rugbychallengegame.com

donmcdazzle
15-11-10, 10:16 PM
PS3 + ITM cup and I'm sold already. Awesome stuff Mario the updates are great, saw the 3news vid which was cool. Good luck with the development of it, hope you guys nail the gameplay.

Dizzy
15-11-10, 10:44 PM
By the sounds of things alot of effort has been put into this game and all I can think of is how much fun im going to have with this game.

nightmarehitter
15-11-10, 11:33 PM
Hello Mario, really loving you are going to be bringing out a real rocking game here -especially with the ITM.

A couple of questions if possible - In create mode will you be allowing users to create outside teams. Say for example if somebody wanted to create the heartland division in NZ with times like North Otago, Whauganui, Wairarapa Bush , will that be possible at all ?

Can there be a plan a tour itineray involved ? for example have the All Blacks touring Europe with Mid week games against Munster or whoever you choose etc

Also are teams like the British lions going to be involved.

I am based in France - so if you need any European testers let me know !

Keep up the awesome work

Woldog
16-11-10, 01:05 AM
I most defiantly peed my pants, my god I <3 Rugby Challenge 2006 I hope this is a massive improvement.

umosay
16-11-10, 05:19 AM
Great, PC aswell, that is the best aspect for me.

I'm sure the graphics will be really good, but gameplay will be the key... personally hope it's nothing like RL2

sanzar
16-11-10, 10:54 AM
Great, PC aswell, that is the best aspect for me.

I'm sure the graphics will be really good, but gameplay will be the key... personally hope it's nothing like RL2

I'd say that's pretty unlikely... RL3 was nothing like RL2, so why would you imagine Rugby Challenge - a union game - would be like RL2?

umosay
16-11-10, 12:44 PM
I'd say that's pretty unlikely... RL3 was nothing like RL2, so why would you imagine Rugby Challenge - a union game - would be like RL2?

Well I never played RL3 or saw much of it, and RL2 was the last PC game I played from Sidhe, albeit that is quite a while ago.

j-dawg
16-11-10, 05:35 PM
Will the 6 nations be involved?

Milla
16-11-10, 07:14 PM
Will the 6 nations be involved?

More information about what is included in the game will be released later.

dobduff11
16-11-10, 08:10 PM
This game sounds awesome, as does Rugby 2012 but Challenge has released more info and a great vid.

Will buy both, have a feeling that Rugby 2012 will be focused a bit more on the NH with Challenge focused on the south.

Great stuff Milla, Mario and the rest of the sidhe people.

Have you done the ratings for the players yet?

Dizzy
16-11-10, 08:18 PM
This game sounds awesome, as does Rugby 2012 but Challenge has released more info and a great vid.

Will buy both, have a feeling that Rugby 2012 will be focused a bit more on the NH with Challenge focused on the south.

Great stuff Milla, Mario and the rest of the sidhe people.

Have you done the ratings for the players yet?

More information will be released in the following months. :P

TVH11
16-11-10, 08:30 PM
The way people speculating about both games, anyone else think that the gameplay will reflect the Hemispheres their "more concentrated" on. So far i've seen some suggestions that HB's Rugby 2012 will be NH focus and Sidhe's Rugby Challenge SH..... I hope both games have an equal representation of both sides of hemisphere but say the above is the case, then one could also suggest that Rugby 2012 will be more "tactics based" (not to say that every NH team is all tactics but just a harsh generalisation) and rugby challenge be focusing more on Flair and speed?? Very bad wording trying to explain, but University drains it outta ya :D :D

dobduff11
16-11-10, 08:45 PM
On this picture of Joe Roks, can anyone else see the two box cases of similar writing on the side, to see it you can zoom in on the page. The first word looks like Rugby.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-release

Also no-one has mentioned Sidhes new innovative idea for sports games, what do you guys reckon it is?

Mario
16-11-10, 09:11 PM
On this picture of Joe Roks, can anyone else see the two box cases of similar writing on the side, to see it you can zoom in on the page. The first word looks like Rugby.

Those are copies of Rugby League games.

dobduff11
16-11-10, 10:04 PM
Fair enough mario my mind was playing tricks on me trying to convert the league to challenge

Mr Fish
17-11-10, 02:27 AM
Why is Joe's shirt off in that photo?

dan the man
17-11-10, 03:08 AM
Thats how Joe likes it :p

Mario
17-11-10, 03:16 AM
Why is Joe's shirt off in that photo?

We take all reference with shirts off. Avoids players wearing something that obscures their features on their shoulder and lower neck, provides a clearer shot of any tattoos, and results in a more neutral image with respect to colour palette.

Mr Fish
17-11-10, 05:36 AM
We take all reference with shirts off. Avoids players wearing something that obscures their features on their shoulder and lower neck, provides a clearer shot of any tattoos, and results in a more neutral image with respect to colour palette.

Ah fair enough, I assumed as much.

TRF C A Iversen
17-11-10, 05:49 AM
Those are copies of Rugby League games.

Yep, can clearly see Stacey Jones Rugby League is one and I think the other is Rugby League 2, although I can't enhance it quite enough, lol.

Mario
17-11-10, 06:11 AM
Yep, can clearly see Stacey Jones Rugby League is one and I think the other is Rugby League 2, although I can't enhance it quite enough, lol.

Heh, if only computers worked like in the movies :)

Te Waka
17-11-10, 06:32 AM
mario i understand you cant release any more information. but has the individual pacific islander teams been considered with regards to liscences?

Ollie_Hill
17-11-10, 07:04 AM
Its about time a rugby game is comin out! x (when was the last rugby game that came out?)

TRF C A Iversen
17-11-10, 07:07 AM

Yeah, all I could use was auto-enhance and sharpening on Photo-Studio 5, and that made things about 1% brighter and clearer. Wasn't worth even opening it, haha.

Radman
17-11-10, 07:07 AM
@ Ollie - 3 years ago. Rugby 08, there are more recent iphone Rugby games though which aren't too bad by the looks of things.

Milla
17-11-10, 07:24 AM

They do, but you have to be in a carefully and colourfully lit, glass-walled room and be unfeasibly beautiful.

beerholder
17-11-10, 12:15 PM
They do, but you have to be in a carefully and colourfully lit, glass-walled room and be unfeasibly beautiful.

Don't forget the white robes and beeping computers. YEEEEEAAAH

http://www.moronail.net/images/stories/dg_pictures/0910/2010.jpg

CCCakumbra
20-11-10, 07:47 PM
So great to see friendly competition.
In the past, producers have become slack because of a lack of competition, not saying that would HB but this will make it certain not to happen.
Can't wait to get both of these games, I'm so excited!

gmoe
23-11-10, 02:20 AM

I think Joe should get used to having no shirt on as he won't be featuring in the WC with Gear and Jane ahead of him :p

markshaw
23-11-10, 04:09 AM
tattoos will be a nice addition

Flying_Kiwis
26-11-10, 05:09 AM
HB, I hate to say it, but this kiwi outfit looks like they've got things right (and by hate to say it, I mean I'm pretty stoked - go the local lads!) Franchise is absolutely vital to producing a good game. I want to play season after season to build up my team ala Pro Evo or Fifa. It's the only reason I really play football games - if they didn't have a franchise mode I wouldn't bother. You should be looking at things like Become a Legend mode, finding new and innovative ways to include the gamer and really drag him/her into the gaming experience so they can't wait to see what the next installment will build on, rather than thinking "god, I hope they get this right this time".

I'll be waiting and hoping that HB can pull this together and that they change their mind on what they offer. If not, I'll rent it or borrow it and then I'll be all over Rugby Challenge like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Martin McNelis
26-11-10, 01:53 PM
Another request here for some Northern Hemisphere emphasis. Heineken Cup, Six Nations, Guinness Premiership and Magners League would be nice ;)

Teh Mite
26-11-10, 01:55 PM
Another request here for some Northern Hemisphere emphasis. Heineken Cup, Six Nations, Guinness Premiership and Magners League would be nice ;)

Be tricky getting that license.