PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the heineken cup?

lewseys got it covered
26-01-06, 07:01 AM
vote for who you think will win.

Coco
26-01-06, 07:10 AM
I think Leicester and Toulouse are going to meet in the final and that it's going to be a very tough match. Toulouse are probably the better side, but Leicester have a nack of raising their game when most at need ala Stade Francais pool match.

Coco

Bullitt
26-01-06, 08:13 AM
What Coco said.

loratadine
26-01-06, 04:21 PM
got to be munster

cavan
26-01-06, 05:01 PM
Leinster 20/1 are a good bet. They won't fear playing Toulouse. I think Biarritz will win it though, they have the hunger.

SaintsFan_Webby
26-01-06, 07:13 PM
Toulouse. Because they can play **** and still screw you.

And they have Yannick Jauzion.

Coco
26-01-06, 07:16 PM
And Ellisade.

Coco

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 07:50 PM
and pearlouses big fat elbow, ask john smit.

An Tarbh
27-01-06, 08:16 PM
Yeah Toulouse have all the ammunition to retain their title but Leinster will be going there with no pressure and that's going to be quite dangerous for Toulouse, as they've proved this season they can cut any defence apart at will and being honest defence is not Toulouse's strongpoint. Still too close to call imo, going to be a humdinger but I'd fancy the winner of this match to take the tournament outright.

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 08:22 PM
i reckon the leinster-tolouse quater final will be the most exciting match, providing leinster play as well as they did versus bath. I hope the final wont be like last years!!!! WORST FINAL EVER!!!

An Tarbh
27-01-06, 08:33 PM
The other 3 quarters should be straightforward affairs with 3 home wins, Sale would be the only team in with a chance of causing an upset imo but after the hammering they took in Thomond Park that may well have damaged them psychologically when they get to the Anoeta.

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 08:42 PM
i dont think theyve got bounce backabilty either espcially as theyve got liecster this weekend!!! which is good news for wasps!!!

An Tarbh
27-01-06, 08:44 PM
Once Wasps get the top3 you'll win the playoffs anyway so it doesn't really matter what Sale or Leicester do at the top.

You'd probably be right about Sale bouncing back, just seeing them as the most likely of themselves, Bath and Perpignan to come away with a victory.

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 08:45 PM
well it would be nice to finish top beacuse people always say we're not the real champions beacuse we dont finish top, just win the finals!

An Tarbh
27-01-06, 08:46 PM
While I don't personally agree with the playoff system you cannot take it away from Wasps, they've won the games that have counted.

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 08:50 PM
im abit ticked off about scrapping the wildcard system, i liked see two matches instead of one at twickenham, its expensive enough already. I dont agree with the play off system but it does ad excitment and means that no1 gives up at the end of the season. it alsos gives a sense of closure and final matches are always exciting, bar heineken cup 2004/05

gjohn85
27-01-06, 08:53 PM
Eventhough I'd love to see a British side win, I am going for Toulosue.

lewseys got it covered
27-01-06, 08:55 PM
i think it'll be tolouse, leicster, leinster or munster. id like to see leinster do it, there a really exciting team to watch

drico
26-02-06, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 27 2006, 04:21 AM
got to be munster
here, here

DonBilly
27-02-06, 06:17 AM
If Biarritz manage to reproduce the level of form they're showing in the T14 they may be the unexpected winner. We'll see next week-end when the Stade Franšais host them in the Stade de France for the T14.

Black-Monday
28-02-06, 10:15 PM
I'd love to see sale to go all the way, they were dispatching their group left and right. Although when it came to the crunch away, they falted. Leading me to feel they will go the same way in Biarritz. This won't stop me trying to convince my dad to go with me to France though.

BM

stormmaster1
07-03-06, 02:28 PM
the way tigers are at the moment, i think Bath will also fancy their chances of an upset. I think Biarritz will do it, but it's too close to call. i'd expect a biarritz-toulouse final. it'd be funny if Bath won. not likely though.

loratadine
30-03-06, 11:48 PM
i still think munster have their best chance of winning the hec this year. and id be shocked if they werent in the final

Boy
31-03-06, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by stormmaster1@Mar 8 2006, 02:28 AM
it'd be funny if Bath won.
Why 'funny'? In 1997/98 our league form was poor and we were rank outsiders from the start of the Heineken pool games, but we ended up winning it then. Could happen again.

Probably won't, of course.

Boy
04-04-06, 04:14 PM
Latest odds:

Skybet:
Biarritz 11/10
Munster 5/2
Leinster 5/2
Bath 12/1

Ladbrokes:
Biarritz evens
Leinster 9/4
Munster 7/2
Bath 10/1

The odds on Bath were too generous to resist. Just put a tenner on with Skybet.

brooksey101
04-04-06, 05:05 PM
i have a sneaky feeling leinster could do it, they can beat stade then they can beat anyone!

DonBilly
05-04-06, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by brooksey101@Apr 4 2006, 05:05 PM
i have a sneaky feeling leinster could do it, they can beat stade then they can beat anyone!
You may be right, but let's see how they deal with the strong pack of munster first. If they win largely then they should take the title.

An Tarbh
05-04-06, 06:22 AM
Well we've dealt with a strong Bath and Toulouse pack and managed well enough when we played Munster at the RDS and there was more than just a celtic league feel to that game. No doubts they're the better pack but if we can gain parity we stand more than a chance of going through.

stormmaster1
05-04-06, 08:58 AM
Leinster have the ability to gain parity upfront, like in toulouse, but that doesn't mean they will do so. The irish semi is too close to call, both sides could win. I'll go with Leinster. It's about time they had their shot. I'll be amazed if Bath can get to the final, but who knows. Biarritz are capable of winning easily, or scrapping out a win when playing poorly. A win in San Sebastien will be hard for Bath, but i'd like to see it happen.