PDA

View Full Version : The Situation at Cardiff

edinburgh_gunner
28-01-06, 08:43 AM
Just read the news on the BBC site. Fair enough the Cardiff fans are frustrated that they're doing pants just now but booing a team off the park? In Rugby, that's just not welcome. I'm not blowing my own trumpet here so to speak, but surley there is no shame in loosing by 4 points to one of the tital contenders and best teams in the league. I know that they've lost other games too but they were also against better opposition than them. The Cardiff team is young from what I've read, so it needs a season and then they'll be moving their way up the pecking order but only if given time, there's no need to boo players off the park.

lewseys got it covered
28-01-06, 09:14 AM
thedyve got great pontetial, the most exciting back row of seen in a while, plus its not like any of the welsh teams are doing very well either!!!

Bullitt
28-01-06, 09:29 AM
1 word.

Welsh.

Saint N Sinner
28-01-06, 09:30 AM
How pathetic, I think a statement needs making towards the Cardiff public.

Its right not in the sport, or maybe they where just booing the ref or the opposition.

Either way, doesn't sound right.

loratadine
28-01-06, 11:22 AM
i think its the matter of prinicpal - it wasnt meant as any slur on endingbrough - but cardiff historically are a huge club much bigger than the gunners. Blues history is up there with munster - and i wonder how munster fans would feel if there side was on downward slope

the fact of the matter is that cardiff should be challenging on all fronts every season

to be honest i really dont think those blues fans who were booing were booing at the fact theyev lost to THE GUNNERS as a slur on them - it was more to the fact that theyve been poor for a long time - and a club like cardiff should not be loosing at home to many teams.

sambãd5
28-01-06, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 28 2006, 10:29 PM
1 word.

Welsh.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

back when the parramatta eels got boo&#39;ed off the ground, they were bottom of the table, and they had no hope in hell in doing any good. no inspiration, little skill, poor coaching, management etc... the booing actually did them good. they said, right, this is going to be our lowest low, we have to do better now. we HAVE to do better now.

however, and assuming my assumptions on cardiff are correct, they arnt a team that is utterly useless. losing by 4pts isnt something to get booed off for.

gjohn85
28-01-06, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 28 2006, 09:29 PM
1 word.

Welsh.
2 words

**** Off.

-------------------

Dai Young needs to be sacked. They should be the one the best sides in the celtic league, but shoddy preformances & results won&#39;t help them

lewseys got it covered
28-01-06, 01:27 PM
martyn williams is my favourite gina

edinburgh_gunner
28-01-06, 05:39 PM
Before the Welsh Barmy Army go ape****, let&#39;s get back on topic.

I agree that Cardiff are big team (Edinburgh are only a few years old, not much) and that they do deserve more than how the WRU treat them. But my point was that they are struggling, it happens in Rugby, and that booing them won&#39;t help especially when they are beaten by better sides (and the more I read about last night it was sheer determination that saw Edinburgh through so it&#39;s not like they were humped). It&#39;s important that the Cardiff fans get behind their team and lift them out of the gutter, so to speak.

lewseys got it covered
28-01-06, 05:44 PM
booing is the worst thing to do, phycology is everything in sport in the rue words of buz lurhman "its as useful as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum!"

gjohn85
28-01-06, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Jan 29 2006, 01:27 AM
martyn williams is my favourite gina
GINA??
http://www.leninimports.com/gina_g_gallery_9.jpg

cavan
28-01-06, 11:24 PM
welsh rugby fans are getting more like soccer fans every day..

lewseys got it covered
28-01-06, 11:24 PM
gina- someone with ginger hair?

SaintsFan_Webby
29-01-06, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Jan 29 2006, 12:24 AM
gina- someone with ginger hair?
I think you were looking for "Ginga". As opposed to a female first name. http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

lewseys got it covered
29-01-06, 09:56 AM
not its meant to be pronounced like "ginner", its a nickneame for ginger people, now we should probably get back and topic before some crazy moderator comes in and closes it.

SaintsFan_Webby
29-01-06, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Jan 29 2006, 10:56 AM
not its meant to be pronounced like "ginner", its a nickneame for ginger people
It really really isn&#39;t pronounced like that. It has a &#39;g&#39; in it, and it&#39;s not silent.

lewseys got it covered
29-01-06, 05:47 PM
no gina=ginner

edinburgh_gunner
29-01-06, 06:00 PM
wow....this thread went off topic.

ScumV
29-01-06, 07:11 PM
Back again after my house move ana month or two off work.

Firstly the Cardiff Blues have absolutely no history as they were only bloody formed 3 years ago. Secondly the crow were right to vent their anger, although it should have been done at their home ground as it showed disrespect to do it away from home.

To compare the &#39;Welsh crowds&#39; to football is insulting, as this wasn&#39;t a &#39;Welsh&#39; crowd, it was a crowd from Cardiff. The Booing however was meant more for the coach, the owner, than the team. (I should say here that the Cardiff Blues Coach Dai Young is my cousin so I am sort of biased LOL). The team are under performing, and while I agree that it is a young team in many parts FFS it has Xavier rush @ 8 Martyn Williams@7 Gethin Jenkins @ 1 , The current Welsh Hooker Rhys Thomas @ 2 Inernationals in the second row, and a backline to die for.

The Cardiff Blues are underperforming, they are playing **** at Cardiff, then a week later play like demons for Wales. THAT is what the crowd were booing. Hopefully that explains it better.

I should also point out that I am not a Blues fan I am an Ospreys fan.

lewseys got it covered
29-01-06, 07:17 PM
i love the back row, andy powell for rwc 07.

Flamingo
29-01-06, 07:22 PM
That is one place wales are blessed.. the back row

ScumV
29-01-06, 09:43 PM
The Blues played leds last week, and Leeds had a complete Welsh Back row . We are weak at 10, although James Hook at Neath will be a massive talent if Lyn Jones ever decides to allow him to move up. Sodding idiots in charge of Regional rugby. Win at all costs, even if it means holding back the development of young players.

loratadine
29-01-06, 10:07 PM
james hook is a tremendous talent - im glad hes starting against england u21&#39;s this friday.

Saint N Sinner
30-01-06, 09:09 AM
If JC where starting/playing against Wales then they would regret targetting the young English talent.

lewseys got it covered
30-01-06, 04:26 PM
can anyone post a list or a link to the list of the england 21, and is it on tv?

loratadine
30-01-06, 05:30 PM
its on sky sports

Bullitt
30-01-06, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Jan 30 2006, 04:26 PM
can anyone post a list or a link to the list of the england 21, and is it on tv?
ENGLAND RBS 6 Nations training squad

Alex Brown (Gloucester)
Steve Borthwick (Bath Rugby)
Ben Cohen (Northampton Saints)
Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers, capt)
Mark Cueto (Sale Sharks)
Lawrence Dallaglio (London Wasps)
Matt Dawson (London Wasps)
Harry Ellis (Leicester Tigers)
James Forrester (Gloucester)
Andy Goode (Leicester Tigers)
Danny Grewcock (Bath Rugby)
Charlie Hodgson (Sale Sharks)
Chris Jones (Sale Sharks)
Josh Lewsey (London Wasps)
Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie Noon (Newcastle Falcons)
Pete Richards (Gloucester)
Simon Shaw (London Wasps)
Andy Sheridan (Sale Sharks)
James Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester)
Matt Stevens (Bath Rugby)
Steve Thompson (Northampton Saints)
Mike Tindall (Gloucester)
Tom Voyce (London Wasps)
Julian White (Leicester Tigers)
Joe Worsley (London Wasps)

ENGLAND A squad

Stuart Abbott (London Wasps)
Andy Beattie (Bath Rugby)
Chris Bell (Leeds Tykes)
Duncan Bell (Bath Rugby)
Matt Cairns (Saracens)
Jon Clarke (Northampton Saints)
Louis Deacon (Leicester Tigers)
Shane Drahm (Worcester Warriors)
Perry Freshwater (Perpignan)
Nick Kennedy (London Irish)
Michael Lipman (Bath Rugby)
Magnus Lund (Sale Sharks)
Tom Palmer (Leeds Tykes)
Tim Payne (London Wasps)
Shaun Perry (Bristol Rugby)
Tom Rees (London Wasps)
Paul Sackey (London Wasps)
Ben Skirving (Saracens)
Ollie Smith (Leicester Tigers)
Stuart Turner (Sale Sharks)
Andy Titterrell (Sale Sharks)
Tom Varndell (Leicester Tigers)
Sam Vesty (Leicester Tigers)
Hugh Vyvyan (Saracens)
Dave Walder (Newcastle Falcons)
Richard Wigglesworth (Sale Sharks)
Nick Wood (Gloucester)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and is it on tv?[/b]

God knows

gjohn85
30-01-06, 06:12 PM
Yes the game is on t.v. The game kicks off a 8.00pm (uk) on sky sports 3.

3rd from bottom (http://www.tvgenius.co.uk/search.html?phrase=rugby&ResultsPerPage=10&ShowAdultListings=False&Broadcaster=TV&Search=Search+Listings)

Bullitt
30-01-06, 06:35 PM
Those are the U21&#39;s, not the A&#39;s.

loratadine
30-01-06, 06:46 PM

see - that what the man wanted to know - the U21&#39;S

Bullitt
30-01-06, 07:07 PM
My mistake