PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Challenge Release Date Is NOT set!

action1978
04-08-11, 08:46 AM
had a friend who knows someone at trublu and said its release date has been pushed back.
I wasn't going to get RWC2011 but I swapped my pre order from Rugby Challenge today, I need my rugby fix. Told my friends to get RWC to play online as they hadn't heard about RC yet.

pretty gutted

LPsoldier ZA
04-08-11, 09:02 AM
It didn't come from the horses mouth...so it ain't so... :rolleyes:

action1978
04-08-11, 09:24 AM
that depends on who you think is the horse sidhe or trublu, trublu are the publishers and set the date and it would be bad if they tell everyone the game is delayed right before their compition release their game so I guess we will be told after the release of RWC to help damage control

TRF_woosaah
04-08-11, 09:27 AM
question...

how can a release date be put back if they dont have a release date?

Mr Fish
04-08-11, 09:29 AM
question...

A wizard did it.

action1978
04-08-11, 09:29 AM
question...

they said they were aiming to release before the world cup kicks off, now its not gonna happen

TRF_Olyy
04-08-11, 09:34 AM
Aye, but they didn't set a release date other than "Q3"

I presume they learnt their lesson with RL3 which pushed back and back and back and back

action1978
04-08-11, 09:42 AM
yes they did

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/images/styles/sidhe/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gsrit01 http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/images/styles/sidhe/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?p=937659#post937659)
I think what has happened is somebody said they are "hoping" for a release before the World Cup starts

Milla "We have said since around the time we announced Rugby Challenge".

TRF_woosaah
04-08-11, 09:58 AM
hoping and aiming are different. doesnt mean its a release date, its just what they are trying to get.

if it doesnt happen then it will eventually. the longer it takes the more chance they get to fix little bits and pieces and tweaking it.

tomtom364
04-08-11, 11:54 AM
I have a mate who knows a guy in scotland and he said the loch ness monster is real...

living sacrifice
04-08-11, 01:28 PM
I once saw the Loch ness Monster when i was in London...or maybe it was his foregin cousin?

highveldlion
05-08-11, 12:26 AM
Release date in NZ is still 26th of August, just paid for mine this morning

TRF_Olyy
05-08-11, 12:33 AM
No it isn't

Well, actually, it MIGHT be - however no release date has been announced and any shop that has set a release date is just making them up for the sake of having a release date to have on their websites to encourage pre-orders

Milla
05-08-11, 12:53 AM
No release date has been set, thus it hasn't changed. We will let you guys know when there is a release date, believe me :)

action1978
05-08-11, 01:02 AM
No release date has been set, thus it hasn't changed. We will let you guys know when there is a release date, believe me :)

You also said yourself you don't know when as sidhe don't set it, that is what the publishers do. Funny you guys are in the dark too, I guess when you hear confirmation from the publishers you can go ahead with information?

Mario
05-08-11, 04:06 AM
You also said yourself you don't know when as sidhe don't set it, that is what the publishers do. Funny you guys are in the dark too, I guess when you hear confirmation from the publishers you can go ahead with information?

We don't know what the release date is because there isn't one yet. When there is one, we'll know immediately.

Anybody that thinks they know a date has been misled or is lying.

TRF C A Iversen
05-08-11, 05:00 AM
We don't know what the release date is because there isn't one yet. When there is one, we'll know immediately.

I might add, you've been pretty clear and consistent about this at every point this issue is continually raised.

I suppose the only good thing about it is the amount of anticipation it shows from the consumer. :)

action1978
05-08-11, 05:01 AM

I agree there is no date but they didn't give me a release date just that the before world cup target will be missed:(

Milla
05-08-11, 05:37 AM
I agree there is no date but they didn't give me a release date just that the before world cup target will be missed:(

Don't be sad. Just assume it's rubbish unless it comes from us :)

action1978
05-08-11, 08:41 AM
ok straight from the official facebook page

Rugby Challenge Official Game (http://www.facebook.com/RugbyChallengeGame) "Many games have been delayed months, or even years. I think people can wait out the two months!"

so that was tonight so that means 2 months from now = october release, can i assume thats rubbish as it kind of is horses mouth so to speak?

living sacrifice
05-08-11, 08:44 AM
I really can't wait for this game to come out! Are people going to start a manager mode club side straight away on medium difficulty with a good team and then after you get into the game switch to a worse team on hard difficutly?

heineken
05-08-11, 10:15 AM
http://www.btgames.co.za/bt/productlist.asp

this is the official distributor in South Africa for Rugchug...

their ETA as published on their website is 9 September 2011

But what we must look at is ETA Expected Time of Arrival... they expect it to be there, but that's not a final call...

Milla
06-08-11, 01:26 AM
ok straight from the official facebook page

Rugby Challenge Official Game (http://www.facebook.com/RugbyChallengeGame) "Many games have been delayed months, or even years. I think people can wait out the two months!"

so that was tonight so that means 2 months from now = october release, can i assume thats rubbish as it kind of is horses mouth so to speak?

Who posted that? I don't see it anywhere there.

King_D'Arcy
06-08-11, 01:42 AM
I question your credibility, action1978

Mario
06-08-11, 02:27 AM
Can a mod lock this thread or change the title to something not misleading please.

TRF C A Iversen
06-08-11, 02:44 AM
Not a problem Mario. I'll do both. :)