PDA

View Full Version : LV= Cup: Scarlets - Leicester Tigers (15-10-2011, 18:00)

TRF_Olyy
11-10-11, 09:52 PM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/TeamBadgesAndLogos/TRF Style/TeamBadgesAndLogos/LV= Cup Logo.png
Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli (15-10-2011, 18:00)
http://www.therugbyforum.com/TeamBadgesAndLogos/TRF Style/TeamBadgesAndLogos/Magners League/Scarlets.pnghttp://www.therugbyforum.com/TeamBadgesAndLogos/TRF Style/TeamBadgesAndLogos/Versus_LV=Cup.png http://www.therugbyforum.com/TeamBadgesAndLogos/TRF Style/TeamBadgesAndLogos/England/Premiership/Leicester.png
Live on Sky Sports

<tbody>
Scarlets

Leicester Tigers

Daniel Evans
Niall Morris

Liam Williams
Ed Rolston

Rhodri Gomer Davies
Andy Forsyth

Adam Warren
Andy Symons

Dale Ford
Alex Lewington

Aled Thomas
George Ford

Ruki Tipuna
Sam Harrison

Kieran Murphy
Ed Slater

Johnathan Edwards
Tom Armes

Matt Gilbert
Ben Pienaar

Damien Welch
Geoff Parling (C)

Dominic Day
Graham Kitchener

Rhodri Jones
Ryan Bower

Kirby Myhill
Rob Hawkins

Phil John (C)
Jonny Harris

Simon Gardner
Tom Youngs

Craig Hawkins
Peter Bucknall

Peter Edwards
Fraser Balmain

Sione Timani
George Skivington

Richie Pugh
Richard De Carpentier

Aled Davies
James Grindal

Jordan Williams
Jeremy Staunton

Lee Rees
Dante Mama

</tbody>

Me 1
14-10-11, 06:29 PM
Didn't know Rhodri Jones could play tight head. Good to see there are some young Welsh props who are versatile.

Btw Olyy, Dale Ford not Warren at 11:p

TRF_Olyy
14-10-11, 06:41 PM
Woops! :p
Copying out 368 names, I'm bound to get one wrong :lol:

Tigers team is very...experimental? I recognise very few names in there

TRF_Ezequiel
14-10-11, 06:42 PM
And you blame me for mixing up Stephen Donald and Stephen Jones after doing 44 matches for the RWC ;)

Me 1
14-10-11, 06:52 PM
And you blame me for mixing up Stephen Donald and Stephen Jones after doing 44 matches for the RWC ;)

:lol: Karma!

Anyone know if Dante Mama is related to Marco Mama (Zimbabwe U20 captain). He was awesome at the Junior World Trophy.

psychic duck
14-10-11, 07:40 PM
when was the last time Leicester had a team with 0 caps in the starting XV?

dullonien
14-10-11, 07:50 PM
How many hookers are the Scarlets producing at the moment, it's crazy? They've got Matthew Rees, Ken Owens, Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill on their books at the moment, and all of them are or have the potential to be international players imo. I've been hugely impressed with Rhodri Jones in the games I've seen him play aswell, he's a monster of a bloke who can actually scrummage, and it's great to see he can play both sides, could be something a little special in a couple of years.

Duckdee
14-10-11, 08:44 PM
Tigers team is very...experimental? I recognise very few names in there
Symons and Mama are new to me.

when was the last time Leicester had a team with 0 caps in the starting XV?
Last season's LV= Cup?

TRF_Olyy
14-10-11, 10:46 PM
Just had a mooch through last seasons line-ups and Hipkiss was in all of them, so it'll be even further back than that

TRF_Olyy
15-10-11, 06:26 PM
Both teams making a lot of mistakes, but it's a good match to watch - fast paced and always looking to attack

TRF_Olyy
15-10-11, 07:21 PM
Leicester are playing terribly

TRF_Ezequiel
15-10-11, 08:18 PM
And that is surprising why? ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

TRF_Olyy
15-10-11, 08:23 PM
Because traditionally they have a very good academy

TRF_Ezequiel
15-10-11, 08:33 PM
Yes, but they haven't been decent since their capped players left for NZ

TRF_Olyy
15-10-11, 08:47 PM
None of them would have played anyway, never do in the LV= cup

TRF_Ezequiel
15-10-11, 08:49 PM
Ai, forgot it was the Low Value cup ;)

TRF_Hulkster
15-10-11, 09:04 PM
Scarlets got some promising players in that team today.

Rhodri Jones, Kirby Myhill, Kieran Murphy, Jordan Williams and Adam Warren.

They looked to attack at every opportunity. Must say that Richard Cockerill comment before kick off about his players not being up to standard must have really given them a confidence boost.

Duckdee
16-10-11, 12:17 PM
Must say that Richard Cockerill comment before kick off about his players not being up to standard must have really given them a confidence boost.
Wow. If there was any doubt before how Leicester viewed this competition...

Teh Mite
16-10-11, 12:24 PM
Ai, forgot it was the Low Value cup ;)

Yet ironically it's worth a bigger pay-day for the winners then the Heineken cup.

Teh Mite
16-10-11, 12:30 PM
Yep

TRF_Ezequiel
16-10-11, 12:37 PM
That is ridiculous...

Me 1
16-10-11, 12:54 PM
Why the Hell don't more team's take it seriously then?:huh:

Teh Mite
16-10-11, 01:30 PM
Why the Hell don't more team's take it seriously then?:huh:

Because it's a bull****, ring-fenced tournament which panders to the WRU and robs smaller English clubs the opportunity (e.g. Pertemps Bees knocking out Wasps from the old tournament) to mix it with the big boys. The pay-off for winning is a more then the HEC but it's hardly soccer levels of cash.

The (English) fans turned against it from the get-go (the welsh enjoy it more however as they love any excuse for "England v Wales"), the crowds never turned up for matches, the clubs started using it as a tournament for the kids, EDF realised they were on a route to nothing and pulled the plug, LV= came in and tossed their wallet about but didn't really gey it, then suddenly the finals of the tournament is only attended by 10,000 people* in smaller stadia.

*official figures giver, in reality the number is closer to 6,000

TRF_SelimNiai
16-10-11, 03:09 PM
the Heineken Cup should rise the prize money then, no wonder the French teams have so often prioritised the Top 14

I think it would be nice for the Championship teams to have a big match each season against a Premiership team, it would be a big day for the smaller teams to get a big crowd, and the Premiership teams can still play their kid teams if they want

but there is no point a National Division 1 team playing a Premiership team unless they've beaten a Championship team

Ahem.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?25076-Return-of-the-knock-out-cup.

My idea