PDA

View Full Version : Round 4: Brumbies v Cats

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
28-02-06, 01:58 PM
this could be a real big blow out to the brumbies...or the brumbies perform badly but still either

either way it doesnt look too good for the cats but i do hope they get up for this game...out of the teams in the comp brumbies i the one i dislike the most..not becoz they are australian but becoz they are stupid aswell

:bravo:

discuss...and go the cats!

The TRUTH
28-02-06, 02:01 PM
I feel the same about the Blues

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
28-02-06, 02:08 PM
i feel the same about the force...every game now until the end of the season

The TRUTH
28-02-06, 02:41 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/iB3_html/non-cgi/emoticons/talktohand.gif

The TRUTH
01-03-06, 07:43 AM
BRUMBIES

1 Bill Young
2 James McCormack
3 Guy Shepherdson
4 Alister Campbell
5 Mark Chisholm
6 Daniel Heenan
7 George Smith
8 Jone Tawake
9 George Gregan
10 Stephen Larkham
11 Mark Gerrard
12 Matt Giteau
13 Stirling Mortlock
14 Clyde Rathbone
15 Adam Ashley-Cooper

16 Saia Faingaa
17 Nic Henderson
18 Adam Wallace-Harrison
19 Radike Samo
20 Patrick Phibbs
21 Gene Fairbanks
22 Joel Wilson

Rassie
01-03-06, 07:48 AM
Is there any ACT supporter on this forum?

Chiro, let`s start a poll, with "who S14 team do you support" !

For instance, i support Oranje Vrystaat Cheetahs! Bull - of course - Pretoria Bulls (former Northern Transvaal), Wally - QLD Reds , ABHLF - Hurricanes, Chiro - who cares, :D perhaps Auckland and so on!

The TRUTH
01-03-06, 07:55 AM
Well i've been watching the super games for years and i never used to have a team here in perth so i've been a huge fan of all the Aussie teams ,and even though i have a team over here now i still support all the aussie teams.

...so...im a Brumbies fan......Jacko is a Brumbies fan and Aussie1st is a Brumbies fan......im not sure who else is.

Rassie
01-03-06, 07:59 AM
You can`t be now a Brumbies supporter! You are a Western Force supporter !

Yes, ok, i support all SA teams in thier games vs NZ and Aus teams but my fav is and it will always be Oranje Vrystaat!

The TRUTH
01-03-06, 08:02 AM
But i was a Brumbies Supporter before i was a Force fan :D

but if they are playing each other i will go for the Force .... even though all my favorite players play for the other aussie teams.

Dumbo
02-03-06, 12:52 AM
Yes this has been posted... but prefer to see things in this format...

Cats: 15 Earl Rose, 14 Wylie Human, 13 Grant Esterhuizen, 12 Doppies la Grange, 11 Jaque Fourie, 10 Tiaan Snyman, 9 Enrico Januarie, 8 Ernst Joubert, 7 Wikus van Heerden (captain), 6 Gerhard Vosloo, 5 Willem Stoltz, 4 Trevor Hall, 3 Daniel Muller, 2 Lukas van Biljon, 1 Pietman van Niekerk.
Replacements: 16 Delarey du Preez, 17 Lawrence Sephaka, 18 KleinJan Tromp, 19 Cobus Grobbelaar, 20 Jano Vermaak, 21 Wayne Julies, 22 Jorrie Muller

Brumbies: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (captain), 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Stephen Larkham, 9 George Gregan, 8 Jone Tawake, 7 George Smith, 6 Daniel Heenan, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Guy Shepherdson, 2 James McCormack, 1 Bill Young.
Replacements: 16 Saia Faingaa, 17 Nic Henderson, 18 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 19 Radike Samo, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Gene Fairbanks, 22 Joel Wilson

I'm going Brumbies for this one, if the Brumbies tight five can hang it together then the Cats are going to get pumped by the Brumbies backs.

aussie1st
02-03-06, 03:23 AM
Brumbies is my main team but I support the other Australian teams as well.
The Cats did really well last week but the Brumbies look to be back to their best so I can see a biggie here.

Mr. Laxative
02-03-06, 03:48 AM
This will be a BLOW OUT!!!!!! Brumbies should win by about 30. No joke, we always thrash the cats at home!

Great seats for me - the sideline... I'm touching a curtain raiser.

sanzar
02-03-06, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 1 2006, 07:59 PM

Yes, ok, i support all SA teams in thier games vs NZ and Aus teams but my fav is and it will always be Oranje Vrystaat!
Got a question for ya Rassie: Why is there no rivalry in SA rugby as hate fuelled as the NSW vs Qld one in Australia? Seriously, do you guys all generally get on? I know there are some grudge matches, but there's nothing that I've seen in S14 that matches up to the level of utter hatred in Qld V NSW clashes... I mean FFS, there were 2 fights in the first minute of their last match! And even these games are less aggressive than the Rugby League SOO series.

Also, just curious Chiro, but what have you got against the Brumbies?? I personally am not exactly in love with em, but I don't really hate them either... I don't have anything against Auckland either, but I could certainly think of more reasons to hate them than the brumbies.

Groen_en_Goud
02-03-06, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 2 2006, 06:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie@Mar 1 2006, 07:59 PM

Got a question for ya Rassie: Why is there no rivalry in SA rugby as hate fuelled as the NSW vs Qld one in Australia? Seriously, do you guys all generally get on? I know there are some grudge matches, but there&#39;s nothing that I&#39;ve seen in S14 that matches up to the level of utter hatred in Qld V NSW clashes... I mean FFS, there were 2 fights in the first minute of their last match! And even these games are less aggressive than the Rugby League SOO series. [/b]
Generally it&#39;s everyone against Province.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
02-03-06, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 2 2006, 04:48 PM
This will be a BLOW OUT!!!!!! Brumbies should win by about 30. No joke, we always thrash the cats at home!

Great seats for me - the sideline... I&#39;m touching a curtain raiser.
the stadium has curtains.... :blink: ..

Rassie
02-03-06, 01:07 PM
Yeap, nobody here likes those Kaapstadt`ers ! :wall: (Province).

But considering rugby is one of the few things left (still is but considering the quota system and all other stupisd changes it`s not going to be for long) for us, we simply can`t afford rivalry as in the past !

sanzar
03-03-06, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 01:07 AM
Yeap, nobody here likes those Kaapstadt`ers ! :wall: (Province).

But considering rugby is one of the few things left (still is but considering the quota system and all other stupisd changes it`s not going to be for long) for us, we simply can`t afford rivalry as in the past !
It&#39;s a shame... because hate fuelled local derbies are great crowd pullers! Even kiwi&#39;s I know are always keen to watch the SOO or Reds V Tahs games because of the hatred and intensity.

aussie1st
03-03-06, 03:50 AM
The kiwis themselves have a few fierce rivalaries. The Blues vs The Crusaders is always a good one which happens to be on this week :)
Also the Crusaders vs the Highlanders.

sanzar
03-03-06, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by aussie1st@Mar 3 2006, 03:50 PM
The kiwis themselves have a few fierce rivalaries. The Blues vs The Crusaders is always a good one which happens to be on this week :)
Also the Crusaders vs the Highlanders.
Yeah, but they don&#39;t genuinely hate each other in the way that NSW and Qld do though... it&#39;s still a bit sanitary for my liking.

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 08:27 AM
25-0 at half time, Brumbies are on fire!!............. this is rugby at its best.

If they can keep there stars injury free , then they have to be favourites to win the whole thing this year.

Rassie
03-03-06, 08:32 AM
Let`s see how are we going to play in the second half. Perhaps we might get back into the game

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
03-03-06, 08:34 AM
They are at home big deal the Cats are gifting them points more than anything.

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 09:32 PM
Let`s see how are we going to play in the second half. Perhaps we might get back into the game
Wake up Rassie :P

I think you better get the record books out :D

Rassie
03-03-06, 08:42 AM
I don`t think Brumbies will equal their performance vs Cats in that season when they scored more than 60 points but who knows!

28 - 0 as i`m watching right now

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 08:45 AM
How about George Smith........ in this form he&#39;s the best player in the world...... what cant he do

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 08:58 AM
The Cats defence has improved alot this half ..... but something&#39;s gotta give.

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 09:35 AM
28-7 Cats defence was great in the second half to deprive the Brumbies of a bonus point.

But still the same problem for the SA teams...... there useless in attack, they managed to get a lucky try in the second half though through there tiny full back.

Gregan was man of the match and he looks like he&#39;s back to his best this year, he&#39;s just unlucky the only scrum half thats been better than him so far this year is the favourite for the Wallabies #9 jersey(cordingley).

Rassie
03-03-06, 09:40 AM
We won the second half :P . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!

Hopefully Cats game will improve! Even that win agains Chiefs was inconclusive !

Dumbo
03-03-06, 09:41 AM
The Cats dismal effort must be really embarrassing to South Africa, seriously that what shocking - they just got bent over and pumped. Outstandingly the worst effort I’ve seem from a bunch of Saffa’s to date.

Brumbies way to strong on the set piece... owned the second phase... rammed it home… 15 Cats walking home tonight feeling like they have been victims of the American prison system for the past 5 years.

Shame South Africa, shame on you.

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:40 PM
We won the second half* :P . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!

Please dont remind me of that

Waratahs probably would have won the comp last year if the chose to go for the bonus point in that game (f**king idiots)

EDIT: thanks Dumbo, hey Groen hows your Saffa weekend going now?????

Dumbo
03-03-06, 09:51 AM
^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rassie
03-03-06, 09:52 AM
Perhaps you`re right Dumbo, anyway, one of the best game i`ve seen from Cats was that win in Nelson vs Crusaders a few years ago, that 32- 31!

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:52 PM
Perhaps you`re right Dumbo, anyway, one of the best game i`ve seen from Cats was that win in Nelson vs Crusaders a few years ago, that 32- 31!
Ahh Rass....... always living in the past :P

Dumbo
03-03-06, 09:57 AM
Really did think that the Cats would come out and put in a hell of a fight... Brumbies I think lead the set peice in the Super 14, did anyone else notice how many runners they had coming on to the ball at pace? big warning there to all Super 14 teams, to bet the brumbies you really have to upset their set peice (you can&#39;t afford to give Gregan an inch).

Rassie
03-03-06, 09:58 AM
Well, at least last 10 - 15 minutes were intersting :D Both teams were looking for points, ACT for the bonus, Cats for the score sheet

Dumbo
03-03-06, 10:00 AM
Not we are used to from the Cat&#39;s rassie.... not at all.

The TRUTH
03-03-06, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:58 PM
Well, at least last 10 - 15 minutes were intersting :D Both teams were looking for points, ACT for the bonus, Cats for the score sheet
Yeah how funny was injury time :lol:

Thats the funniest rugby i&#39;ve seen in ages

Dumbo
03-03-06, 10:05 AM
Did you see the Lions tour?

Groen_en_Goud
03-03-06, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 3 2006, 06:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie@Mar 3 2006, 10:40 PM
We won the second half* :P . Anyway, a little bit too late! With only 2 tries scored in those 4 games you can`t expect too much. OK, we denied Brumbies the bonus point but in vain. Of course the importance of a bonus point was proven last season when Tahs fail to be no 1 after the regular season despite the fact that they dominate it. They haven`t manage to score the 4 try vs Blues therefore were denied of the first place by Crusaders!

Please dont remind me of that

Waratahs probably would have won the comp last year if the chose to go for the bonus point in that game (f**king idiots)

EDIT: thanks Dumbo, hey Groen hows your Saffa weekend going now????? [/b]
It&#39;s still going along nicely thankyou. :P

I just need The Sharks, the Cheetahs and the Proteas to win and it will be complete.

I was hoping for a Cats win... but I always knew that the Cats would struggle this year. You can&#39;t miss 40 tackles in one game and expect to go close or win.

--------

Rassie... I was just wondering, did you support the Cats with passion before Centrals came in, or did you just follow the Cats or what.... I knew a couple of people from Bloemfontein and they said to me that they didn&#39;t fully support the Cats because the Cats were too Jo&#39;Burg based and orientated, and that there was a bit of friction between the two provinces as to the goings on around the franchise. What was your stance?

Rassie
03-03-06, 10:45 AM
I felt exactly the same! I supported Cats (it was nobody`s fault that those farked up SARFU decided on the political order to make a franchise against nature - us and the JHB`ers) but we fell betrayed when 80% of the home games were played on Ellis Park , when our players were `forgotten` not to mention the Tim Lane or Chester Williams experiments!

Huh, and not to mention Lauerie Mains! How can it be possible to bring a foreigner from NZ in the nursery of SA Rugby (Oranje Vrystaat). Mains hated to play in Bloem, he always picked Oranje players last and so on.

A lot of friction, very true!

Wildwil
03-03-06, 11:30 AM
No surprise in this result

aussie1st
03-03-06, 07:29 PM
The Brumbies really fell away in the 2nd half. They lost that go forward before going out wide. Their hands were shocking too. Cats improved their defense in the 2nd half like they have done through the season. They need Andre back because their backline has real potential just no direction.

Gay-Guy
03-03-06, 08:06 PM
Yeah the Cats showed some good tenacity by trying all the way...perhaps a lesson for the Reds?

After the Cats adjusted to the frantic pace of Brumbies rugby they defended very well. I think the Brumbies inability to score that fourth try shows they are not on the right tracke at the moment.....similar to the Hurricanes and their second half frailties to put them away.

Cats did well to adjust quickly......that shows the sign of an intelligent team.....they may actually have the full formula in the next 2 seasons...this year will be their learning year though......

Wally
04-03-06, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 4 2006, 09:06 AM
Cats did well to adjust quickly......that shows the sign of an intelligent team.....they may actually have the full formula in the next 2 seasons...this year will be their learning year though......
What have the last four cellar dwelling years been then?

aussie1st
04-03-06, 09:50 PM
If you look back at the 2004 title the Brumbies only needed on half to win the final. It looks like they are back to that forumla again but it would be good getting more points in the 2nd half.