PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 - Crusaders v Cats



Dumbo
14-03-06, 01:33 AM
Cats play the Crusaders at Home... Crusaders at the top of the ladder and the Cats are struggling on the bottom.

Think this should be an easy one for the Crusaders, although their selections for this game could be interesting (expect to see a Crusaders B team take the field).

woosaah
14-03-06, 02:26 AM
I dunno about a full B team, they should rest carter just because of that injury he has, no need to risk him. and maybe maccaw. keeping the combinations will be important as in no week has the crusaders looked like pulling a stunner out.

Mr. Laxative
14-03-06, 05:04 AM
Maybe........ 96-19 to the crusaders?

Rassie
14-03-06, 07:19 AM
Or 31-32 like it was in Nelson ! :D :D

Dumbo
14-03-06, 09:10 AM
I'm with Rassie (sort of), can't see this being a high scoring game as the Crusaders thus far have not shown the desire to really rack up points via the try line. Gear and Hamilton have shown plenty of promise but remember - both have had a lot of opportunity - but I don’t think that they have bought it home as say the Canes…

Rassie
14-03-06, 09:14 AM
Nah, seriously, it will be at least 20 points margin for Crusaders, even in a bad day for them. Unfortunately Cats showed us no rugby so far (even if they won vs Chiefs in JHB - perhaps, the worst game in S14 so far), i`m repeating myself - no rugby for Cats! It hurts but it`s the truth. They only scored 2 tries so far - how lame is that! Even Force, despite the fact they are bottom, improved in the Reds game and don`t write their chance off for the Tahs match !

If Cats won this game then we can say there are miracles in rugby ! Let`s hope for one !

Dumbo
14-03-06, 09:30 AM
I backed the Force for their game against the reds - and they lost, and they lost so with ease... will have a hard time backing them ever again.
Looking forward to seeing who Deans picks to play... could be some interesting combinations running around on the field.

Dumbo
14-03-06, 11:13 PM
From allblacks.com

Six changes have been made to the Crusaders team for their match with the Cats on Friday night at Jade Stadium.

The Rebel Sport Super 14 front runners have taken the chance to give key players, captain Richie McCaw, lock Chris Jack and No.8 Mose Tuiali'i a break from the starting XV.
Into the side in their places will come Johnny Leo'o, Kevin O'Neill and Bradley Mika.
Captaincy of the side will be back in the hands of Reuben Thorne.

The team is:
Crusaders: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Rico Gear, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 Aaron Mauger, 11 Scott Hamilton, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Kevin Senio, 8 Brad Mika, 7 Johnny Leo'o, 6 Reuben Thorne (captain), 5 Ross Filipo, 4 Kevin O'Neill, 3 Ben Franks, 2 Corey Flynn, 1 Greg Somerville.

Replacements: 16 Tone Kopelani, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Chris Jack, 19 Richard McCaw, 20 Andrew Ellis, 21 Cameron McIntyre, 22 Caleb Ralph
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thought Carter would have been out for sure... if the forwards can hold it together then this might be a high scoring game after all (specially with Ralph sitting on the on the bench and not running around stuffing things up in the backline).

woosaah
15-03-06, 12:46 AM
no real need to rest carter at this stage he will get a rest next week with the bye anyway and may get a rest later on in the torny. he will probably only play the game until its in the bag and bring on crappy mcintrye. looks like ralph hasnt got a spot in the team, i rate him higher than hamilton lets just hope that he comes back to the starting lineup for the canes

Ripper
15-03-06, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 15 2006, 01:46 PM
no real need to rest carter at this stage he will get a rest next week with the bye anyway and may get a rest later on in the torny. he will probably only play the game until its in the bag and bring on crappy mcintrye. looks like ralph hasnt got a spot in the team, i rate him higher than hamilton lets just hope that he comes back to the starting lineup for the canes
McIntyre > MacDonald.

woosaah
15-03-06, 02:20 AM
bull sh*t McIntyre sux its just a pity you think everyone is great than MacDonald. i think everyone is greater than mcintyre

also you realise they are going for different positions, but i guess if mcintyre comes on and plays ****, mcdonald will have to slip in to first five bring ralph to full back (or wing put hamilton on full back) mcintrye might go to centre and take laulala off (though that seams harsh) or maybe just sub mcintrye off for ralph. arghh that gets messy either way :)

i like that senario :)

Ripper
15-03-06, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 15 2006, 03:20 PM
bull sh*t McIntyre sux its just a pity you think everyone is great than MacDonald. i think everyone is greater than mcintyre
Not true.

I rate MacDonald above Tasea Lavea...

But it's a close call, real close. Their both bitches.

Dumbo
15-03-06, 04:23 AM
No way dude, you can only match Lavea with a player from the Force or rank him against Byron I HATE YOUR GUTS Kelleher .

Rassie
15-03-06, 12:27 PM
I`ve seen Crusaders is resting some players (makes sence) while Ludeke promises not to dissapoint once again!

woosaah
15-03-06, 09:11 PM
well everyone is better than lavea, he just doesnt count

Dumbo
15-03-06, 10:30 PM
Head to Head:
Crusaders: 1 - Greg Somerville, 2 - Corey Flynn, 3 - Ben Franks, 4 - Kevin O'Neill, 5 - Ross Filipo, 6 - Reuben Thorne (Captain), 7 - Johnny Leo'o, 8 - Brad Mika, 9 - Kevin Senio, 10 - Daniel Carter, 11 - Scott Hamilton, 12 - Aaron Mauger, 13 - Casey Laulala, 14 - Rico Gear, 15 - Leon MacDonald.

Reserves: 16 - Tone Kopelani, 17 - Wyatt Crockett, 18 - Chris Jack, 19 - Richard McCaw, 20 - Andrew Ellis, 21 - Cameron McIntyre, 22 - Caleb Ralph.

Cats: 1 - Pietman van Niekerk, 2 - Delarey Du Preez, 3 - Daniel Muller, 4 - Kleinjan Tromp, 5 - Willem Stoltz, 6 - Gerhard Vosloo, 7 - Wikus van Heerden (Captain), 8 - Cobus Grobbelaar, 9 - Enrico Januarie, 10 - Earl Rose, 11 - Jorrie Muller, 12 - Doppies la Grange, 13 - Jaque Fourie, 14 - Wylie Human, 15 - Conrad Jantjes.

Reserves: 16 - Lukas van Biljon, 17 - Lawrence Sephaka, 18 - Gordon Gilfillan, 19 - Ernst Joubert, 20 - Jano Vermaak, 21 - Tiaan Snyman, 22 - Wayne Julies
------------------------------------------------------
Interesting match ups? none...

Serge
15-03-06, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 16 2006, 11:30 AM
Head to Head:
Crusaders: 1 - Greg Somerville, 2 - Corey Flynn, 3 - Ben Franks, 4 - Kevin O'Neill, 5 - Ross Filipo, 6 - Reuben Thorne (Captain), 7 - Johnny Leo'o, 8 - Brad Mika, 9 - Kevin Senio, 10 - Daniel Carter, 11 - Scott Hamilton, 12 - Aaron Mauger, 13 - Casey Laulala, 14 - Rico Gear, 15 - Leon MacDonald.

Reserves: 16 - Tone Kopelani, 17 - Wyatt Crockett, 18 - Chris Jack, 19 - Richard McCaw, 20 - Andrew Ellis, 21 - Cameron McIntyre, 22 - Caleb Ralph.

Cats: 1 - Pietman van Niekerk, 2 - Delarey Du Preez, 3 - Daniel Muller, 4 - Kleinjan Tromp, 5 - Willem Stoltz, 6 - Gerhard Vosloo, 7 - Wikus van Heerden (Captain), 8 - Cobus Grobbelaar, 9 - Enrico Januarie, 10 - Earl Rose, 11 - Jorrie Muller, 12 - Doppies la Grange, 13 - Jaque Fourie, 14 - Wylie Human, 15 - Conrad Jantjes.

Reserves: 16 - Lukas van Biljon, 17 - Lawrence Sephaka, 18 - Gordon Gilfillan, 19 - Ernst Joubert, 20 - Jano Vermaak, 21 - Tiaan Snyman, 22 - Wayne Julies
------------------------------------------------------
Interesting match ups? none...
Fourie V Laulala
Van Heerden V Thorne

thats the best I can do..

Dumbo
15-03-06, 11:23 PM
Agree...
Fourie V Laulala... should be a good one with Fourie having an edge I reckon
Van Heerden V Thorne... Van should have an edge here too

Stormer
16-03-06, 10:54 AM
Surprised no one has bought up Jantes V McDonald. Jantes is a great attacking fullback and has a good kicking game too, should be test fullback when Monty goes.

The TRUTH
16-03-06, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Stormer@Mar 16 2006, 10:54 PM
Surprised no one has bought up Jantes V McDonald. Jantes is a great attacking fullback and has a good kicking game too, should be test fullback when Monty goes.
When was the last time Jantjes played a game?

I remember him being a pretty good winger last year

Groen_en_Goud
17-03-06, 06:54 AM
Cats scored a try? They've exceeded my expectations already!!!! :blink:

I know the Crusaders just scored but still... Well done Cats :bravo:

The TRUTH
17-03-06, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@Mar 17 2006, 06:54 PM
Cats scored a try? They've exceeded my expectations already!!!! :blink:

I know the Crusaders just scored but still... Well done Cats :bravo:
I almost fell off my chair when i changed the channel and saw the Cats 7-0 up

12-12 now Go Cats

Groen_en_Goud
17-03-06, 07:23 AM
Much better performance by the Cats!! I know the Crusaders aren't using their big guns yet but still it is a much better performance than what the Cats have produced all year.

12 - 12 half time!! :bravo:

Dumbo
17-03-06, 07:31 AM
Cats are looking like a different team, very strong on attack... Crusaders lookin' a bit shaky... another half to come.

Dumbo
17-03-06, 07:45 AM
Mauger scores... tide may have changed....

Dumbo
17-03-06, 08:23 AM
41-15?

Good night nurse... what a game... Crusaders play hard out in the last 15 mins.
If they can play that way for 80mins thry are looking good to take out the Super 14. Man of the match... McD.

Rassie
17-03-06, 08:33 AM
Yeah, they got really upset in the second half! 43 - 15 !

The TRUTH
17-03-06, 08:57 AM
Cats only know how to play for one half, this week it was the first half

Rassie
17-03-06, 09:29 AM
LO, so bloody true !

woosaah
20-03-06, 12:21 AM
didnt enjoy this game, canterbury played like crap for the first 60 minutes. once mccaw and jack came on the rucks started to be more structured and they looked alot better

this week off will be good for them :)