PDA

View Full Version : Super 14 Wrap

DNAPlay
04-04-06, 02:59 PM
Always a brilliant read...

As posted on http://www.superrugby.co.za/

Events of Week Eight of the Super 14 plus an astonishing admission by Ben Tune have once again highlighted the chaotic state of the administration of rugby’s laws.
For live and the latest Super 14 scores on your cellphone, SMS RS14 to 34911 (R2 per SMS). For more details and subscription offers, go to SuperSMS.

Inconsistency in the application of the laws has previously been highlighted in the SuperWrap and after the 51st match of the new tournament there is little doubt that the governance of the game itself leaves much to be desired.

In the latest round inconsistency was again apparent in the manner in which games were controlled but the most glaring contradictions were in the application of the judiciary process following incidents of foul play.

Questions have to be asked how it is possible that Noël “Valie” Oelschig was cited for punching and suspended but Tony Woodcock escaped unpunished for an uglier incident of striking against Victor Matfield?

How come there was no citing of Neemia Tialata after he attempted to throttle Richie McCaw?

The latter two incidents were probably captured more graphically by the television cameras than Oelschig’s inexcusable double-fisted shove on Tatafu Polota-Nau but only the Cheetahs scrumhalf will sit out the next round after having been suspended for a week.

And that brings one to Ben Tune, giving credence to a view once expressed by new Wallaby coach John Connolly that Australian sportsmen can be prize hypocrites (talking big about sportsmanship but Matthew Hayden and Brett Lee not walking?), confessing that he punched Sharks hooker Bismarck du Plessis after the final whistle of their match in Durban.

Forgetting that we live in a global village Tune, who once expediently escaped an alleged substance abuse banning when it slipped out that his case had been swept under the carpet, told the Brisbane-based Courier-Mail newspaper that Du Plessis had held him in a headlock and that is why he punched the Sharks player. The players were shoving each other around after the final whistle, Tune admitting afterwards that he had landed a punch on Du Plessis. "I snapped. He didn’t need to go on with it after full-time and there was some frustration in it [the punch] as well."

This is not the first time Tune has been candid, and apparently quite chuffed, about his pugilistic abilities.

After a bellicose test between the Springboks and the Wallabies in Brisbane in 2002 he boasted to his local newspaper, the same source of his latest brag, that he had punched Bok skipper Cornè Krige. Never mind that Krige was on his hands and knees at the time and that his eye was quite seriously damaged.

With the Australian judiciary, as we have now become accustomed, concentrating on South Africa’s misdemeanours Tune escaped censure, in spite of his confession, but at least Krige had the satisfaction of exacting his own revenge in the next test at Ellis Park – not laudable but perhaps understandable given the lack of official justice.

There is a long history of South African players suffering at the hands of Australian citing commissioners and disciplinary panels and one has to wonder whether in the light of Tune’s “confession” he should not be cited? After all he has publicly pleaded guilty.

As with refereeing the game all one can ask for is consistency. If one player is punished for overstepping the mark so should all the others.

Oh, by the way, there was also some rugby played! And once again the SuperWrap “selectors” had a hard job compiling a Bok Barometer based on form shown in the latest round of matches.

Symptomatic of the whole season, there were no stand-put performances in all the backline positions, scrumhalf for instance going to a player who came on as a substitute in Fourie du Preez.

However with the Sharks setting the tone South Africa’s forwards were excellent – especially among the loosies with AJ Venter, Warren Britz, Luke Watson, Schalk Burger and Jacques Botes going great guns and tight men such as BJ Botha, John Smit, Deon Carstens, Bakkies Botha, Gerrie Britz and Johan Ackermann showing why South Africa’s forwards continue to command respect.

Venter has been so outstanding in recent weeks that he is in the Bok Barometer as No8 and in the Super XV as the blindside flank.

The Super XV for Week Eight:

15 Loki Crichton (Chiefs), 14 Rico Gear (Crusaders), 13 Mils Muliaina (Chiefs), 12 Rua Tipoki (Blues), 11 Sitivini Sivivatu (Chiefs), 10 Dan Carter (Crusaders), 9 Jamie Nutbrown (Chiefs), 8 Sione Lauaki (Chiefs), 7 AJ Venter (Sharks), 6 Luke Watson (Stormers), 5 Jason Eaton (Hurricanes), 4 Bakkies Botha (Bulls), 3 BJ Botha (Sharks), Corey Flynn (Crusaders), 1 Deon Carstens (Sharks).

The Springbok Barometer for Week Eight:

15 Johan Pietersen (Stormers), 14 Odwa Ndungane (Sharks), 13 Adrian Jacobs (Sharks), 12 Jean de Villiers (Stormers), 11 Henno Mentz (Sharks), 10 Naas Olivier (Stormers), 9 Fourie du Preez (Bulls), 8 AJ Venter (Sharks), 7 Warren Britz (Sharks), 6 Luke Watson (Stormers), 5 Gerrie Britz (Stormers), 4 Bakkies Botha (Bulls), 3 BJ Botha (Sharks), 2 John Smit (Sharks), 1 Deon Carstens (Sharks).

Match of the Week: The Crusaders showing all the others how it’s done by travelling to Wellington to play the Hurricanes and systematically taking the points. And, oh yes, the match also contained the best rugby.

Try of the Week: Rico Gear showing the value of a player who can change pace - slowing down to wrong-foot defenders and then hitting top speed again in a twinkling of an eye to outflank them – to send hooker Corey Flynn, supporting up the middle, over. As Murray Mexted said: “Hell it’s a good game when you see it like that.”

So this is what’s meant by the Super 14: The Crusaders’ 20-11 victory over the Hurricanes on Friday was their 14th win in a row, taking in last year’s semi-final and final. The last time the Cantabrians tasted defeat in Super Rugby was against the Bulls at Loftus on April 9 last year.

Welcome back: To the heel against the head; three of which went the Sharks’ way on Saturday; adding to the worries of Jake White whose two top props, Os du Randt and CJ van der Linde, seem incapable of playing more than 40 minutes these days.

OTT: SMS slang for Over The Top. Luke Watson’s crazed reaction after scoring what turned out to be the winning try against bottom-of-the-log the Force. We prefer the way Joe Roff and Christian Cullen used to mark their tries – and between them they got 113 so it would be easy for Watson to take a look.

And talking of DVDs: or whatever the Bulls are using to record matches. Their match against the Blues was almost as if someone had written a script to show what’s wrong with Bulls rugby. Heyneke Meyer and the other coaches would do well to look at Vili Waqaseduadua’s try (if they can stomach it!) and note how Joe Rokocoko makes the extra man by joining the line from the blind side. We’re thinking Bryan Habana….

People in glass houses… “McCaw: the best, or the best cheat?” That was the headline in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday. Clearly the Waratahs are once again in the grip of Jade Stadium fever by targeting the ‘Saders skipper as they approach this weekend’s top-of-the-log clash against the Crusaders because they’ve completely forgotten that barely legal poachers such as Phil Waugh, George Smith and David Croft play their rugby in Oz!

Mysteries of rugby: Help us if we’re wrong but we’re sure Law 20, governing the scrum, contains something about the scrumhalf having to “throw the ball straight along the middle line?”

Quote of the Week I: “He has scored one or two individual tries, but his throw-ins at the lineout have not been great and the Stormers have been pushed off the ball in one or two scrums.” – Jake White having another uncalled for pop at Schalk Brits.

Quote of the Week II: "I've been involved in some slow games, but ... I've never seen so many injuries in my life. I was falling asleep in the coaches' box. The game ran over time. I think they ran out of videotape in the end. "I understand tactics ... but there's also a responsibility to deliver a product. In the end, we're in the entertainment business and if we all played like that every week no one would ever bother turning up. I thought it was ridiculous. I can't believe so few people can be injured so often. There's an abnormal aspect to it." – Waratahs’ coach Ewen McKenzie joining the chorus questioning the Cheetahs’ frontrow tactics.

Quote of the Week III: "I'm no expert on South Africa, having been there only as a rugby tourist, but what I do know is that here, there or anywhere else, tradition is a most valuable commodity. It can't be bought with money, only time. Since I first picked up a rugby ball, the names and venues of the best South African teams have been amongst the most evocative in rugby. As it stands the Stormers and the Cats are the South African sides closest to the relegation zone. I consider it unthinkable that one or the other won't be in the competition next year, for a start because they represent the nation's two biggest cities. Imagine not having Newlands or Ellis Park as regular stops on the Super 14 circuit. Both are stadiums that youngsters dream of playing in." - Western Force skipper Nathan Sharpe in his column in the West Australian on South African rugby’s hot potato.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
04-04-06, 03:13 PM
yeh great read..some quotables too

15 Loki Crichton (Chiefs), 14 Rico Gear (Crusaders), 13 Mils Muliaina (Chiefs), 12 Rua Tipoki (Blues), 11 Sitivini Sivivatu (Chiefs), 10 Dan Carter (Crusaders), 9 Jamie Nutbrown (Chiefs), 8 Sione Lauaki (Chiefs), 7 AJ Venter (Sharks), 6 Luke Watson (Stormers), 5 Jason Eaton (Hurricanes), 4 Bakkies Botha (Bulls), 3 BJ Botha (Sharks), Corey Flynn (Crusaders), 1 Deon Carstens (Sharks). [/b]

spot the aussie?....no? :D

OTT: SMS slang for Over The Top. Luke Watson’s crazed reaction after scoring what turned out to be the winning try against bottom-of-the-log the Force. We prefer the way Joe Roff and Christian Cullen used to mark their tries – and between them they got 113 so it would be easy for Watson to take a look. [/b]

:lol: ..how true...but i wud enjoy seeing more try celebrations ala nfl...coz tries are very precious to some individuals more than others who score them all the time

and the 3rd quote of the week..is an outstanding point and i dont get how this thing is working with the south african teams...this comp should be 'super15' rather....

The TRUTH
04-04-06, 03:31 PM
Obviously a Kiwi picked that team

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
04-04-06, 04:52 PM
well its not bad team....collectively we have better backs then you and us and the south africans have pretty much slaughtered ur scrums

you guys hold your own in the lineouts...but that can only get you so far

Dumbo
05-04-06, 12:49 AM
The South African part about two teams are near the see you latter mark I think is a worry... can someone clear this up for me... having no Stormers is just plain out weird to me... who's going to take their place?

Wally
05-04-06, 02:47 AM
I hate white South Africans.

sanzar
05-04-06, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 5 2006, 02:52 AM
well its not bad team....collectively we have better backs then you and us and the south africans have pretty much slaughtered ur scrums

Yeah, like the way the Tah's have been dominated at every scrum I guess :rolleyes: . Seriously, we've got the best scrum in the comp at the moment, the people who picked that side are kidding themselves.

Wally
05-04-06, 04:29 AM
That team is emarrassing to look at as a rugby fan. It just fuels my desire to paint myself black and scare the **** out of some rich white South African family in Blomfentein.

The TRUTH
05-04-06, 10:02 AM
I would have thought Ioane,Hewat,Palu(but Watson was great) and the Crusaders halfback Andrew Ellis would have been certainties for last weeks team of the round

Rassie
05-04-06, 10:29 AM
Yeah, Wally`s reply shows the level of his IQ! - even a sheep can match that !

Bloody refs, they always cheat and we are the victim of a huge conspiracy, yeap, it`s true!

How come out SARU ******** are without any saying in this matter, beats me! Bloody hypocrites

BigTen
05-04-06, 03:21 PM
I don't know what is more stupid - Ben Tune punching someone after the final whistle or coming out and seemingly gloating about it to the media afterwards?

"...There is a long history of South African players suffering at the hands of Australian citing commissioners and disciplinary panels and one has to wonder whether in the light of Tune’s “confession” he should not be cited? After all he has publicly pleaded guilty..."

That is a good point, DNAPlay, that the article has made.

The judiciary clearly needs to look at this.

Wally
05-04-06, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Rassie@Apr 5 2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Wally`s reply shows the level of his IQ! - even a sheep can match that !

Nah sheep can't talk you silly terrorist.

sanzar
06-04-06, 03:34 AM
Ok, I'm just gonna come out and say it. Rugby Union administrators EVERYWHERE ARE TOTALLY f***ING CLUELESS when it comes to punishment through judiciary's... Seriously, look at the NRL model, which other codes are slowly starting to copy because of its level of efficiency, and look at what we've got in Union (with absolutely no consistency and nonsensical penelties) and it's pretty obvious that it's being run by a bunch of morons.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 5 2006, 03:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 5 2006, 02:52 AM

Yeah, like the way the Tah&#39;s have been dominated at every scrum I guess :rolleyes: . Seriously, we&#39;ve got the best scrum in the comp at the moment, the people who picked that side are kidding themselves. [/b]
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

australian team has the best scrum?....bahahahha...ur tight five certainly dont dominant a scrum a whole match..u guys have ur wee moments but they dont dominate... :rolleyes:

getouttahere...

it is known that aussie forward packs get outscrummed by the scrum machine at training sessions

anyway....we will further this convo after they play the highlanders and the crusaders as they will present the dominance to ur scrums..coz they didnt dominate the blues tight 5 in tha scrums

sanzar
06-04-06, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 6 2006, 01:35 PM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 5 2006, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 5 2006, 02:52 AM

Yeah, like the way the Tah&#39;s have been dominated at every scrum I guess :rolleyes: . Seriously, we&#39;ve got the best scrum in the comp at the moment, the people who picked that side are kidding themselves.
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

australian team has the best scrum?....bahahahha...ur tight five certainly dont dominant a scrum a whole match..u guys have ur wee moments but they dont dominate... :rolleyes:

getouttahere...

it is known that aussie forward packs get outscrummed by the scrum machine at training sessions

anyway....we will further this convo after they play the highlanders and the crusaders as they will present the dominance to ur scrums..coz they didnt dominate the blues tight 5 in tha scrums [/b]
Is that why the Cheetah&#39;s thought we had the best scrum in the tournament? Or why we whipped your pathetic Auckland poofs? :P Obviously our boys did enough to your scrum to bend your side over THAT easily :D .

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 03:57 AM
please excuse the gay metaphors...since your war-retards like it that way

we didnt fall that easily to scrum..we lost to tho..cats???...well as i said we will talk further after the crusaders and highlanders game..an we will see who have the best scrums

i like how ya media hypes them up...coz they just end up falling flat on there faces again an again..hahahhaha

Dumbo
06-04-06, 04:35 AM
Tri nations will set the record straight on this one then won&#39;t it...

Woodcook, Kevi and Anton, Hayman... kiwi&#39;s have got this one for sure.
I think if the Kiwi&#39;s are playing Aus then play Anton and if we are playing SA then go with Kevi.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 05:36 AM
the boks have a gud scrum..tho at times they fall apart and i believe its on the work they do around the field...there front row need to conserve energy alot more to last the full distance in there best game attribute...scrummaging

but diffinetly allblacks scrum owns australias...thats been established since like the first time they played back in 230 b.c

sanzar
06-04-06, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2006, 03:36 PM
the boks have a gud scrum..tho at times they fall apart and i believe its on the work they do around the field...there front row need to conserve energy alot more to last the full distance in there best game attribute...scrummaging

but diffinetly allblacks scrum owns australias...thats been established since like the first time they played back in 230 b.c
In 99 our forwards totally kicked arse! And we had super defence... oh and we didn&#39;t choke in the RWC final :P .

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 06:08 AM
but we will choke you in the upcoming trinations like we did in 03...when we beat you by 40+

Ripper
06-04-06, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 6 2006, 06:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2006, 03:36 PM

In 99 our forwards totally kicked arse! And we had super defence... oh and we didn&#39;t choke in the RWC final :P . [/b]
But you weren&#39;t poisoned the days leading up to the Final.

The TRUTH
06-04-06, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2006, 05:08 PM
like we did in 03...when we beat you by 40+
and then went on to get pwned in the WC semi final hahahaahhaha

you lot are funny

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 06:57 AM
thats all history..just like modern australian rugby

Wally
06-04-06, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2006, 05:57 PM
thats all history..
Then why did you bring it up, cockle?

sanzar
06-04-06, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 6 2006, 04:57 PM
thats all history..just like modern australian rugby
When did you guys win your last world cup again? :P THAT&#39;s history... and of the ancient brand.

Rassie
06-04-06, 08:33 AM
Sssshhhh Sanzar, you lost to poms in the final on home soil ! Enough said ! We would have won it in 99 too if it wasn`t for the damn Matt Burke!

Wally
06-04-06, 08:54 AM
It was Larkham who slotted the drop goal wasn&#39;t it Rassie?

Rassie
06-04-06, 09:53 AM
Yeah, it was Larkham drop but Burke was the bugger that scored 24 points! It was that damn Burke !

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
06-04-06, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Rassie@Apr 6 2006, 07:33 PM
Sssshhhh Sanzar, you lost to poms in the final on home soil ! Enough said ! We would have won it in 99 too if it wasn`t for the damn Matt Burke!
:lol: ...dats a great point..new zealand have won the world cup on home soil...south africa have won the world cup on home soil...the lebonese lost there home world cup game

sanzar
06-04-06, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 7 2006, 01:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie@Apr 6 2006, 07:33 PM
:lol: ...dats a great point..new zealand have won the world cup on home soil...south africa have won the world cup on home soil...the lebonese lost there home world cup game [/b]
It&#39;s not really a great point considering how badly the Wallabies had been playing in the lead up... Let&#39;s not forget that England beat NZ twice on THEIR home soil as well earlier that year. And anyway, the boks may have won at home, but I&#39;m pretty sure if we had hired that same hotel worker to poisen the England team out here, then we would have won then too.
And lastly, Australia has won TWO world cups AWAY FROM HOME, where as you lot have only managed to do when in your own back yard, does that mean that both NZ and SA **** their pants once they hop on a plane?

Ripper
07-04-06, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 7 2006, 11:51 AM-->

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 7 2006, 01:11 AM
:lol: ...dats a great point..new zealand have won the world cup on home soil...south africa have won the world cup on home soil...the lebonese lost there home world cup game
It&#39;s not really a great point considering how badly the Wallabies had been playing in the lead up... Let&#39;s not forget that England beat NZ twice on THEIR home soil as well earlier that year. And anyway, the boks may have won at home, but I&#39;m pretty sure if we had hired that same hotel worker to poisen the England team out here, then we would have won then too. [/b]
No they didn&#39;t

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-04-06, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 7 2006, 10:51 AM-->

It&#39;s not really a great point considering how badly the Wallabies had been playing in the lead up... Let&#39;s not forget that England beat NZ twice on THEIR home soil as well earlier that year. And anyway, the boks may have won at home, but I&#39;m pretty sure if we had hired that same hotel worker to poisen the England team out here, then we would have won then too.
And lastly, Australia has won TWO world cups AWAY FROM HOME, where as you lot have only managed to do when in your own back yard, does that mean that both NZ and SA **** their pants once they hop on a plane? [/b]
no sanzar..dont b silly

you know for any international team the best audience is the home audience...and they lost at home...its a great point!

i mean allblacks thrashed aussie and the saffers in there home countries under john mitchell in that trinations and then the backlash from the homelands was tremondeous...

sure you fellaz won twice..but no victory is sweeter than one at home for your own people..the supporters that count...and aussie didnt do that instead sailor got sidesteped by jason robinson :lol:

sanzar
07-04-06, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 7 2006, 11:44 AM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 7 2006, 10:51 AM

And lastly, Australia has won TWO world cups AWAY FROM HOME, where as you lot have only managed to do when in your own back yard, does that mean that both NZ and SA **** their pants once they hop on a plane?
no sanzar..dont b silly

you know for any international team the best audience is the home audience...and they lost at home...its a great point!

i mean allblacks thrashed aussie and the saffers in there home countries under john mitchell in that trinations and then the backlash from the homelands was tremondeous...

sure you fellaz won twice..but no victory is sweeter than one at home for your own people..the supporters that count...and aussie didnt do that instead sailor got sidesteped by jason robinson :lol: [/b]
True, but the Aussie team in 2003 was ****! And would never have made it past the semi&#39;s if they were playing any other team other than NZ (or SA, who were nothing short of pathetic in 2003), who were always gonna choke outside of NZ :P . Seriously, the way Australia had been playing under Eddie, they had no right to make it into the final, but home ground and a choking NZ team got us further than we deserved. But it says something about the class of the wallabies that they could make it that far in such **** form... and when they&#39;ve been in good form, they won the cup! TWICE! Whereas NZ always look good and then **** their pants. :bravo: :lol2tn: :P

DNAPlay
07-04-06, 10:37 AM
I&#39;m with Sanzar here...

I think the sooner you guys&#39; stop arguing this point, the less chance there is of landing up with egg on your faces...

Chiro, you&#39;re clutching at straws saying that there&#39;s nothing better than winning the WC at home...the truest test of a teams ability is to win away, and Oz did that...Twice!

****, us Saffas go crazy if we win 1 Tri-Nations match away, never mind a bloody World Cup! If that was to happen, Castle Lager and Dutchman Potion (brandy and coke) would run dry throughout the land, because, as Sanzar quite rightly pointed out, we have a habit of sending off pathetic sides come World Cup time...

Dumbo
07-04-06, 11:32 AM
Brandy and coke... Brankdy and coke.... not Bundy and Coke? Not eild Turket and coke? nit Jim Beam and coke... brandy and coke?

Gonna have to get back to you on this one...

Groen_en_Goud
07-04-06, 12:44 PM
Brandy en Coke - &#39;n lekker dop. I like it, you should try it sometime. Drunk a lot of it whilst in Jo&#39;Burg 2001 watching the South Africa v Australia game @ Ellis Park.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-04-06, 02:14 PM
hahhaha @ waratahs scrums

"Chiro, you&#39;re clutching at straws saying that there&#39;s nothing better than winning the WC at home...the truest test of a teams ability is to win away, and Oz did that...Twice! "...

there IS NOTHING better than winning a title on ya home field..defending ya home and winning o going over there and winning???

i pick home...2011 is set

anyways back on point....hahahaha @ waratahs scrum

The TRUTH
07-04-06, 02:36 PM
Whats so funny about the Tahs scrum?, i thought there scrum was the better tonight.

Didn&#39;t help with the crusaders crabbing and boreing in from the side, but who got the only tighthead of the night???

HAAHAAHAHAHA @ the Crusaders rolling maul, they couldn&#39;t gain a metre with it all night.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-04-06, 02:42 PM
hahaha @ u...bandwagoner.....go support the force on another triumphant loss

i still back the blues fool!...we gonna thrash the force skins

anyways waratahs lost...all history..usually in rugby the team with the best scrums,produce the best platform for there backs to work off..and they win the game

The TRUTH
07-04-06, 02:50 PM
I like the way your post had nothing to do with either teams scrum

lol @ your favorites for the title sitting in 11th place

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-04-06, 03:06 PM
what u mean?..i laughed at your scrum,over-rated and you guys succumb to ya media to easily...if that indeed is the super14s best scrum then tasesa lavea is the best fly half in the world

no joke...well..waratahs(aussies in general) scrums are the jokes

anyways..i had 2 picks for the finals..the canes and the blues..blues gotta better chance then the great force-skins

sanzar
07-04-06, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 8 2006, 12:42 AM
hahaha @ u...bandwagoner.....go support the force on another triumphant loss

i still back the blues fool!...we gonna thrash the force skins

anyways waratahs lost...all history..usually in rugby the team with the best scrums,produce the best platform for there backs to work off..and they win the game
I&#39;m guessing you missed the Wallabies v England match in 2004 where the wallabies were totally outgunned in the scrum, but somehow managed to put 51 points on England :P .

no joke...well..waratahs(aussies in general) scrums are the jokes
[/b]
I dunno, I thought we did pretty well tonight against the best team in NZ (and the comp)... Heck if our forwards are pathetic but still getting tight heads and humiliating the mauling efforts of great teams like the Crusaders, then imagine how f***ing unstoppable they&#39;ll be when they&#39;re actually good!! I mean, we&#39;ll put 80 points on **** sides like Auckland next time :D :P .

Seriously Chiro, no offence, but if the Tahs forwards are ****, then the forwards of every team in NZ are rotting manure... sorry buddy, but it&#39;s a fact :P .

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
07-04-06, 04:42 PM
ya still lost...and richie mccaw is still getting away wit murder hahaha

sanzar
07-04-06, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 8 2006, 02:42 AM
ya still lost...and richie mccaw is still getting away wit murder hahaha
Meh, I&#39;m still satisfied that they put in a good effort despite Rogers not being there... and hey, all I have to do is watch the replay of the Auckland v NSW games and I&#39;m already laughing again :D .

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-04-06, 03:03 AM
yeh..i still got my tapes i watch when auckland won the super12 three times..

u got any nsw footage of that??... :rolleyes: :lol:

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-04-06, 03:04 AM
do u still watch the 90 point flogging u guys got???...the most points scored against a team in super rugby history???

sanzar
08-04-06, 03:43 AM
Yeah, the difference is that that IS history! :P :D ... What happened to you losers only happened a couple weeks ago! And you still suck balls BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Ripper
08-04-06, 04:21 AM
And we can all thank the retarded Australian coach for that

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
08-04-06, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 8 2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, the difference is that that IS history! :P :D ... What happened to you losers only happened a couple weeks ago! And you still suck balls BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
that match is history too u ding dong...

that just means our history in rugby is 3x better than yours....hahahha it took you guys 9 years to get to the top of ur game..accompanied by couple of over paid league players....where our true strength lies in real rugby and we been off and on on the scene in super rugby...

its only a phase sanzar...90points will come ur way again :lol:

The TRUTH
08-04-06, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 8 2006, 04:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@Apr 8 2006, 02:43 PM
that match is history too u ding dong...

that just means our history in rugby is 3x better than yours....hahahha it took you guys 9 years to get to the top of ur game..accompanied by couple of over paid league players....where our true strength lies in real rugby and we been off and on on the scene in super rugby...

its only a phase sanzar...90points will come ur way again :lol: [/b]
im an aboriginie and i can do flip flops

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
09-04-06, 05:14 AM
how dare you!!!!...well cant blame you..u support the force-skins who have an undefeated losing streak

Wally
09-04-06, 02:23 PM
Just a change of subject. I reckon this year&#39;s Super 14 has been fairly disappointing in terms of the uneveness of the competition. You&#39;d think after 11 years you&#39;d have atleast 7 or 8 teams with a realistic chance at taking out the title. We have four, if not two.

I think the tournament needs salary cap restrictions, and the same rules for each individual franchise (imports, etc). Just look at what the salary cap has done for the NRL and AFL.