PDA

View Full Version : Round 11: W.Force v Crusaders

Dumbo
18-04-06, 12:43 AM
Western Force (ranked 14th on the ladder) returns home to play top of the ladder Crusaders.
The Force lost a key player in their loss against the Blues and will find it hard to replace him. The Crusaders will look to this game to build momentum for their up coming tour of South Africa.
You’d have to be an idiot to bet against the Crusaders…

Gay-Guy
18-04-06, 03:21 AM
Often games in this comp are never a dead certainty.....except in this case it would be almost a formailty for the Crusaders to win....but if the Force manage to win this one it will probably be the upset of the season....

...maybe the upset of all time... :bleh!:

Groen_en_Goud
18-04-06, 03:26 AM
The only reason I'm going is because I got a free ticket. Crusaders will hammer an out of sorts Force line-up, handing the Force a 100% losing run at their home ground.

Crusaders by 46 points.

Dumbo
18-04-06, 03:28 AM
If the Force wins I'll give them Chiro's 350 pound little sister

Rassie
18-04-06, 07:40 AM
LOL Dumbo, wouldn`t that be a miracle of S14 season, a win for the hapless Force?

woosaah
18-04-06, 10:29 PM
yeah this is going to be a walkover, and i am not one eyed...

honest

esoj
19-04-06, 06:19 AM
groen en goud you should be in for a rea treat. it will be one sided but you will get to see the likes of Dan Carter (best 10 in the world) Richie mcCaw (best no 7 in the world) and other like rico geat in action with your own eyes. if an out of sorts blues team can but 40 on the force surely the crusaders could be 50 on with ease and maybe even more.

if the force pull this of it will be one of the greatest rugby upsets of all time

woosaah
19-04-06, 10:15 PM
Crusaders reshuffled for Force
20 April 2006*
By RICHARD KNOWLER

Crusaders coach Robbie Deans has spun his selection wheel once again, making seven changes for tomorrow night's Super 14 rugby match against the Western Force in Perth.

All Blacks Chris Jack and Greg Somerville are the most notable omissions from the side that beat the Cheetahs 53-17 last weekend.

Loosehead prop Wyatt Crockett and lock Kevin O'Neill get their second starts of the season, Corey Flynn returns to hooker and Ross Filipo to lock.

In the backs, Andy Ellis is back at halfback and Aaron Mauger and Caleb Ralph have been injected into the midfield.

The Crusaders have stuck to the tradition of not talking down their opponents this week, but a loss is as likely as Osama bin Laden being invited to the White House to smoke the peace pipe.

The Force has lost all nine games this season, collecting just two competition points.

The Crusaders have nine wins and with 40 points already seem assured of a home semi-final.

Although Deans and Force coach John Mitchell were former coaching partners with the All Blacks, the former said there will be no sympathy for Mitchell during the match.

"We won't be showing too much empathy for their circumstance until after the fixture," Deans said. "We don't want to be their first result."

That is highly unlikely.

If the Crusaders build a handy lead over the injury-stricken Force, Deans will likely utilise his reserves in the second half.

This should see Bay of Plenty teenage flanker Tanerau Latimer get his first run in the Super 14 and Stephen Brett make his second appearance off the bench at first five-eighths.

In-form blindside flanker Reuben Thorne is the only forward to start every match this season.

The only danger for the Crusaders is if they take their opponents too lightly, giving the Force a sniff of creating the Vesuvius-like boilover.

"Yeah, there's been a bit of talk that we have to make sure we are mentally on our game," Thorne said.

"That is one aspect that is worrying. But, you know, we are focusing on our own standards and performance and just hope that we are able to do that."

He added that playing at an "away" venue can work in the Crusaders' favour.

"We tend to go all right when we are away from home because all those other elements come up against you as well – opposition crowd and those factors. So you pull together."

Deans is mindful of keeping his players fresh for the two-match leg of South Africa, where they will play the Stormers in Cape Town and the Bulls in Pretoria.

The Crusaders arrived in Perth on Tuesday night.

Because franchises are only allowed to take 26 players on tour, lock Craig Clarke and wing Steven Yates have been left behind to play in the Christchurch metro club competition.

Meanwhile, the Force's dreadful run with injuries has continued.

Wallabies hooker Brendan Cannon is the latest to be ruled out with a nerve problem in his neck, which has weakened his left shoulder.

First five-eighths James Hilgendorf was ruled out for the rest of the season after being smacked in the eye by Rua Tipoki last weekend.

Lock Rudi Vedelago will also not be seen again.

Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Rico Gear, Caleb Ralph, Aaron Mauger, Scott Hamilton, Dan Carter, Andy Ellis, Mose Tuiali'i, Richie McCaw ©, Reuben Thorne, Kevin O'Neill, Ross Filipo, Campbell Johnstone, Corey Flynn, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Tone Kopelani, Greg Somerville, Johnny Leo'o, Tanerau Latimer, Kevin Senio, Stephen Brett, Casey Laulala.

Western Force: Cameron Shepherd, Haig Sare, Josh Graham, Scott Staniforth, Digby Ioane, Scott Daruda, Matt Henjak, Scott Fava, Matt Hodgson, David Pusey, Nathan Sharpe (captain), Pat O'Connor, Angus Scott, Tai McIsaac, Gareth Hardy. Reserves: Luke Holmes, David Te Moana, Luke Doherty, Tim Davidson, Chris O'Young, Brock James, Tajhon Mailata.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3642247a1823,00.html

looks like it will be a walkover :) doesnt matter who plays

*teams are in there btw dumbo so if you want you can copy and paste them from there* :D

Dumbo
19-04-06, 11:50 PM
Head to Head:
Force: 1 - Gareth Hardy, 2 - Tai McIsaac, 3 - Angus Scott, 4 - Pat O'Connor, 5 - Nathan Sharpe (Captain), 6 - David Pusey, 7 - Matt Hodgson, 8 - Scott Fava, 9 - Matt Henjak, 10 - Scott Daruda, 11 - Digby Ioane, 12 - Scott Staniforth, 13 - Josh Graham, 14 - Haig Sare, 15 - Cameron Shepherd.
Reserves: 16 - Luke Holmes, 17 - David Te Moana, 18 - Luke Doherty, 19 - Tim Davidson, 20 - Chris O'Young, 21 -Brock James, 22 - Tajhon Mailata.

Crusaders: 1 - Wyatt Crockett, 2 - Corey Flynn, 3 - Campbell Johnstone, 4 - Ross Filipo, 5 - Kevin O'Neill, 6 - Reuben Thorne, 7 - Richie McCaw (Captain), 8 - Mose Tuiali'i, 9- Andrew Ellis, 10 - Dan Carter, 11 - Scott Hamilton, 12 - Aaron Mauger, 13 - Caleb Ralph, 14 - Rico Gear, 15 - Leon MacDonald.
Reserves: 16 - Tone Kopelani, 17 - Greg Somerville, 18 - Johnny Leo'o, 19 - Tanerau Latimer, 20 - Kevin Senio, 21 - Stephen Brett, 22 - Casey Laulala.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is really unfair... anyone else think that there might be 100 points in this game?

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
20-04-06, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 19 2006, 10:29 AM
yeah this is going to be a walkover, and i am not one eyed...

honest
:blink:

maybe one eyes bigger than the other

but hmmm...cyborgsaders by 200million points dats like 500,000 bonus points,that will keep them in the top 4 for the next seven centuries

The TRUTH
20-04-06, 09:02 AM
WESTERN FORCE: 1. Gareth Hardy 2. Tai McIsaac 3. Angus Scott 4. Pat O'Connor 5. Nathan Sharpe © 6. David Pusey 7. Matt Hodgson 8. Scott Fava 9. Matt Henjak 10. Scott Daruda 11. Digby Ioane 12. Scott Staniforth 13. Josh Graham 14. Haig Sare 15. Cameron Shepherd 16. Luke Holmes 17. David Te Moana 18. Luke Doherty 19. Tim Davidson 20. Chris O'Young 21.Brock James 22. Tajhon Mailata

Scott Staniforth returns but Cannon,De Bartolo,Hilgendorf are injured and David Fitter has been omitted :blink: for not doing enough in open play.

Also unavailable for selection through injury are rookie back rower, Richard Brown (ankle sprain), second row Rudi Vedelago (broken leg), Junior Pelesasa (broken leg) and Lachlan MacKay (knee ligaments).

Thats been the story all year...... we get one player back but lose three or four.

Rassie
20-04-06, 09:07 AM
The Truth, are you going to the game?

The TRUTH
20-04-06, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Rassie@Apr 20 2006, 05:07 PM
The Truth, are you going to the game?
lol Nah mate, im not going to put myself through that kind of punishment.

Dumbo
20-04-06, 10:52 AM
But think mate... if they do what NO ONE think they can then you've missed it!
Thus far 50 odd points has been the biggest winning margin... if the Crusaders get their act together could push this to a few more.
Best of luck to the Force though to get some solid points on the board (2 Tries at least).

Rassie
20-04-06, 01:30 PM
How it will be? Force - first win, Crusaders - first loss :D Is ti possible? In theory perhaps! There are still better chances for life in outerspace rather than Force to beat Crusaders :D

loratadine
20-04-06, 07:30 PM
crusaders 67
western force 6

Gay-Guy
20-04-06, 08:48 PM
One thing for certain....the Force will be more geed up for this game than any other game this year....so expect to see the best of the Force or '06 this weekend....

In fact the Force's whole season rests on this one game.....they will measure their whole campaign this year on how they went against the Crusaders....

If they beat the Crusaders and the Crusaders win everything else and become champions again...then the Force will be very confident going itno next season as well as recruiting other players.

Mitchell once worked with Deans in the AB's....he will want to show Deans that he was meant to be the head coach back then and not Deans or the wayward Smith.

Staniforth has too much pride to roll over and die. Enough said about that.

Nathan Sharpe wants to prove to the Wallaby selectors that he can lead an average team against current and ex AB's and be competitive....he wants to show the selectors that he has leadership material when the odds are stacked against him. Also he is captaining against the probable AB' captain.....so "who has the x factor in leadership" will be at stake this weekend.

Angus Scott knows the Wallaby front row isn't a certainty for the usual incumbents....so he will scrummage like a man possesed in this game.

Scott Fava actually has the ability if he applies himself to dominate Mose Tualii...so expext a big performance by him as he pushes his personal need to claim the Wallaby Number 8 jersey.

Matt Hodgson did well against George Smith in Round one. Now he will want to show to himself, the Aussie public, and the Wallaby selectors that he is worthy to shut out McCaw. So expect the game of the season from him when he plays against the premier No7 of the world. If he kills McCaws effectiveness then he will have one hand on a Wallaby squad invite....as well as go a long way to giving the Force a chance.

David Pusey though lacking in experience compared to Reuben Thorne is faster. He could possibly nudge Reuben out all day if he came with his A game.

What an arena for Tai McIsaac to step into!!! To play the mighty Crisaders!!! He is an unknown element for the Crusaders front row to deal with. His oppostie Corey Flynn has been playing steadily but not dramatically.....expect Tai to try and take advantage of this....

So for all those Force supporters who are not going....you may just miss out on something special.....maybe.....who knows????? I mean....it is home advantage for the Force and the Crusaders have NEVER been there!

loratadine
20-04-06, 09:55 PM
yeah you could be right there gay guy, althought i expect the crusaders too have far too much quality, although if the force can starve them off ball. who knows?

esoj
20-04-06, 11:26 PM
and come on how many time will you get to see dan carter and mcCaw 2 of the best players in the game at the moment live in the flesh. even if the force do get hammered it would be a great experince to see guys like carter play.

I cannot really see the force causing the crusaders any problems at all. although it is rugby so anything is possible

aussie1st
21-04-06, 12:25 AM
Good to see Scott Daruda get a run. They just need to keep faith in the bloke.
Still can't believe they stuck with Matt Henjak at halfback, hes been shocking all year.

Gay-Guy
21-04-06, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Apr 21 2006, 11:26 AM
it is rugby so anything is possible
Yep.....just like Rugby2006....I have a freind who is so good on the game....he rarely loses and he like NEVER loses with England at Twickenham.

Anyway I chose Ireland to play against him at Twickers.....now I know Ireland has BOD but he is not a whole team....he does need to get the ball....

I dominated so much possesion during that game that everyone watcing was so shocked! Can't put our finger on it why this happened in that one game where England were like Samoa.....score.....28-7 to Ireland.

My mate is so good he never loses this badly even if he has a bad team.....

Rugby......on a given day there are always upsets

esoj
21-04-06, 02:02 AM
yes they are upset but the crusaders would have to play really badly to lose to the force. an upset could happen for sure but I would say it is unlikely

Gay-Guy
21-04-06, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Apr 21 2006, 02:02 PM
yes they are upset but the crusaders would have to play really badly to lose to the force. an upset could happen for sure but I would say it is unlikely
Thats no consolation for the AB's of the '99 semifinal...........

esoj
21-04-06, 02:43 AM
I know but well the dam french can play dam well at times.

and don't forget for all those that are keen that the u19 world cup final is on at 4am on tv3 which is just a few hours after this game will finish.

Ripper
21-04-06, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Apr 21 2006, 02:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Apr 21 2006, 02:02 PM
Thats no consolation for the AB&#39;s of the &#39;99 semifinal........... [/b]
But this is different.

This isn&#39;t France vs New Zealand, it more resembles Japan vs New Zealand.

The TRUTH
21-04-06, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 21 2006, 04:48 AM
One thing for certain....the Force will be more geed up for this game than any other game this year....so expect to see the best of the Force for &#39;06 this weekend....

The problem with that statement is that the Force are missing 8 of there best 22, 7 starters and 1 bench player........ i challenge any team to play there best game of the season with that kind of injury list.

Angus Scott knows the Wallaby front row isn&#39;t a certainty for the usual incumbents....so he will scrummage like a man possesed in this game[/b]

But even Angus Scott will know that he has absolutely no chance of making the Wallabies squad.... even if he scored 10 tries and got 15 tight heads..........did you mean to say Gareth Hardy?

Matt Hodgson did well against George Smith in Round one.[/b]

George Smith was named man of the match in round 1, that doesn&#39;t bode to well for Matt.

I&#39;m not a cynic ,i agree that anything can happen in rugby and i&#39;m tipping it to be closer than most in this thread have suggested.......i just wouldn&#39;t put any money on this one.

But this is different.

This isn&#39;t France vs New Zealand, it more resembles Japan vs New Zealand.[/b]

Or the Blues v Waratahs

Ripper
21-04-06, 06:30 AM
or *insert random team here* vs the Force

esoj
21-04-06, 06:51 AM
lol so true.

I think some other teams have had quite a few injuries this year not sure if they had 8 out though. brumbies have had injury problems so too the hurricanes and highlanders. teams do struggle with injury but even if the force were at full strength they would still get owned by the crusaders and almost any other team in the comp

woosaah
21-04-06, 12:33 PM
20 - 8 force half time

wtf whats going on? what parrallel universe am i in? wheres quin? (the sliders guy)

Dumbo
21-04-06, 12:34 PM
Someone please tell me they had money on the Force!
Force are leading at half time 20 odd to 8... biggest upset of thte Super 14 looming...

Truth you should have been there!

sambĂŁd5
21-04-06, 12:41 PM
whaaaaaaaaa?

kaftka
21-04-06, 01:33 PM
Disappointing.

They scored a try that once... I was so sure.

I was hoping the Force would win that in the end.

esoj
21-04-06, 01:36 PM
well force played well but just not good enough. ref had a shocker as well some strange calls in the game. especially one that I guess ultimately cost the crusaders the win. they got penalised for an offside when they were all easily on side. without those 3 points that the force were gifted the crusaders win the game.

loratadine
21-04-06, 01:36 PM
i am gutted, the force were so unlucky and deserved to win. there work at the scrums were awesome, but there retaining work from the restarts ultimately gave the crusaders possession way too often. Although it was a draw im sure this will give the force alot of confidence going into there last few games, and hopefully theyll pick up a win.

unlucky lads.

The TRUTH
21-04-06, 01:37 PM
Robbed!!!

But well played boys ,im so proud of ya :bravo:

Now can someone give me that refs home address ...

kaftka
21-04-06, 01:39 PM
Do you want a hug Truth?

Wally
21-04-06, 01:40 PM
Digby Ioane. Lol. Biggest case of drops nuts ever.

The TRUTH
21-04-06, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 21 2006, 09:39 PM
Do you want a hug Truth?
Yes please

esoj
21-04-06, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 22 2006, 02:37 AM
Robbed!!!

But well played boys ,im so proud of ya :bravo:

Now can someone give me that refs home address ...
I think the crusaders are looking it up and geroge abyou&#39;s as well

Wally
21-04-06, 01:45 PM
I can&#39;t believe the video referee ruled a no try. I was so shocked. It was heart wrenching to see the boys on the sideline go on when they thought they&#39;d won, twice.

The TRUTH
21-04-06, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Apr 21 2006, 09:36 PM
well force played well but just not good enough. ref had a shocker as well some strange calls in the game. especially one that I guess ultimately cost the crusaders the win. they got penalised for an offside when they were all easily on side. without those 3 points that the force were gifted the crusaders win the game.
What game were you watching?

Open the other eye for once

Wally
21-04-06, 01:49 PM
The Force defiantely deserved to win, no matter how bad the Crusaders played. They just made crucial errors at crucial times, but that&#39;s inexperience for you. Poor John Mitchell.

esoj
21-04-06, 01:52 PM
the truth how about you do the same then. what game were you watching. I was watching the force v crusaders game. I do believe I did see the crusaders pinged for offside infront of the posts in their own half when they had the ball and kicked it when they were no where near in front of the kicker. gift 3 points to the force that they shouldn&#39;t of had.

esoj
21-04-06, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Apr 22 2006, 02:45 AM
I can&#39;t believe the video referee ruled a no try. I was so shocked. It was heart wrenching to see the boys on the sideline go on when they thought they&#39;d won, twice.
maybe that was the square up for the mythical offside of infront of the kicker that gifted the force 3 points.

Wally
21-04-06, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Apr 22 2006, 01:52 AM
the truth how about you do the same then. what game were you watching. I was watching the force v crusaders game. I do believe I did see the crusaders pinged for offside infront of the posts in their own half when they had the ball and kicked it when they were no where near in front of the kicker. gift 3 points to the force that they shouldn&#39;t of had.
Shut up mate. If you watched the game you&#39;d know who deserved to win. Have a look at yourself, you&#39;re not on -2 for nothing.

esoj
21-04-06, 01:57 PM
I did watch the game actually. the crusaders deserved to win just as much as the force did.

The TRUTH
21-04-06, 01:58 PM
That try by Sare was definately a try , how could they not give it, there was no footage of him going into touch and the touch judge was right there and said it was good.........what ever happend to giving the benefit to the attacking team?

Worst TMO decision eva!.

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:00 PM
ignore esoj, he has no knowledge of rugby and is obvious a biased ****.

western force played with pride and passion for there jersey, and did everyone associated with the western force proud. There quality in certain aspects of there game is still questionable, as ive said there ball rentention from restarts is poor, but there scrums and breakdown work was impressive. Staniforth played well setting markers for the backrow, and cameron shepered had a descent enough game. The two dissallowed tries showed the world that the force can finnish tries and do ave quality out wide. I think that try should have been allowed. Overall the force did deserve to win and this reuslt and performance bodes well for the future, and one can only imagine what a certain matt giteau would do for the western force.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:02 PM
well how could the crusaders have been offside when that kick was made. that saire no try was very close and was hard to judge without knowing exavtly where the tryline was but he did ground it short and there was also massive doubt about his knee touching the line. too much doubt to give it.

well played by the force though they did better than everybody expected them to do.

and btw wally I really don&#39;t give a crap about the rep system. it will always be abused by people.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 22 2006, 03:00 AM
ignore esoj, he has no knowledge of rugby and is obvious a biased ****.

western force played with pride and passion for there jersey, and did everyone associated with the western force proud. There quality in certain aspects of there game is still questionable, as ive said there ball rentention from restarts is poor, but there scrums and breakdown work was impressive. Staniforth played well setting markers for the backrow, and cameron shepered had a descent enough game. The two dissallowed tries showed the world that the force can finnish tries and do ave quality out wide. I think that try should have been allowed. Overall the force did deserve to win and this reuslt and performance bodes well for the future, and one can only imagine what a certain matt giteau would do for the western force.
no knowledge of rugby lol. this coming from the guy that has made numerous errors in predictions.

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:09 PM
yes it is abused by people, but youre reps are just and fair, you come on these boards and spout so much ****, you know f*** all bout any aspects of rugby. f*** all.

the crusaders played awful, carter was poor, mauger was poor, ralph was like a f***ing knob around the pitch. the only players who looked remotely threatening was Mose Tuiali&#39;i, rico gear and leon mcdonald. Richie mccaw was awful, and seemed to be absent at the breakdown.

the force did play better and did deserve to win. They attempted to play a positive game and went about it with a smile on there faces. This off course in contrary to the crusaders who as much as they said they respected there oppositon went about it with a cocky swagger. One things for sure is that the crusaders will never take the force lightly again.

the force have got a bright future in super rugby, a very bright future. The support in the stadium for a team who havent won all season was terrific and credit to the people of perth.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:14 PM
the hate is strong.

I believe your track record with regard to spouting crap on this forum speaks for itself.

you did watch the game right you did see mcCaw off the field for a cut on his eye right.

the crusaders were not playing at their best but they clawed they way back like the champion team that they are and deserved to win just as much as the force did.

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:15 PM
ahhh yes mccaws cut on his right eye, what battle scars he was in the thick of the action... if you ask me it should be him called pusey.

Wally
21-04-06, 02:21 PM
David Croft would take a dump on the cut on McCaw&#39;s right eye.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:22 PM
loratadine nice try on humour there. how do you think he got that cut then by standing around doing nothing. I am sure if he could he would stay on the field but the he had to get it cleaned up. it is in the rugby rules you know.

wally is at least remotely funny but even he knows that mcCaw is a way better player than croft will ever be

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:28 PM
mccaw is the best openside flanker in the world, all im saying is that heplayed awful for the crusaders today.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:41 PM
that is not all you are saying. you are saying the forced deserved to win and that I am biased by saying that the crusaders deserved to win as well.

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:43 PM
i think you are, and judging by the response of other member i dont think im the only one whose in that frame of mind.

esoj
21-04-06, 02:51 PM
and how is the truth not biased in this. it is his team for cyring out loud. just because the force did not win does not mean the crusaders did not desever to win. if this makes someone biased then so be it but those saying that the force deserved to win must therefore also be biased.

loratadine
21-04-06, 02:54 PM
but the force had two tries disallowed and on the whole played better than the crusaders.

esoj
21-04-06, 03:02 PM
one should have been disallowed for sure as there was a knock on and he was in an offside position when he got the ball.

the other one had major doubt over it so I think fair enough call there.

the force did play better than the cruaders for most of the game. the crusaders though did come back and the force got 3 points they defintely should not have been awarded. rugby is an 80min game and the team that deserves to win is the one that plays for the whole 80mins.

loratadine
21-04-06, 03:05 PM
the force did play better than the cruaders for most of the game.[/b]

that sums it up really, if a side play better for most of the game they deserve to win.

rugby is an 80min game and the team that deserves to win is the one that plays for the whole 80mins. [/b]

i disagree, so youre telling me if a side plays well for 70 minutes, but then slacks of in the last 10, they dont deserve to win?

esoj
21-04-06, 03:13 PM
and you are telling me that a team that comes back from playing badly for most of the game and ends the 80mins stronger doesn&#39;t deserve to win.

so are you telling me that a team that can comes back from being behind and down for most of the game and claws their way back does not deserve to win.

should rugby games now only take into account the team that play better for 60mins of the game or even 40 mins. so a team making a comeback from a certain point in the game should be discarded as the other team deserved to win but not them.

it&#39;s a good thing rugby is 80mins eh

loratadine
21-04-06, 03:14 PM
they didnt come back stronger, the force were clamped inside there 22.

esoj
21-04-06, 03:14 PM
they were down 20-8.

Kimmy_The_Kiwi
21-04-06, 11:26 PM
A draw :o

Omfg.

I listened to most on radio as i cbf watchin it on tv.

The crusaders played pretty poo. The force play alright.

Did anyone pick a draw :rahh:

Mr. Laxative
21-04-06, 11:31 PM
Um, noooo......

Now guys just remember the Force will be very dangerous in two years time - they might even win! The Crusaders came last in the first S12, the force well they can come 2nd last, but still.

Mehrtsisagod
22-04-06, 12:48 AM
That was the worst game of rugby I&#39;ve seen the Crusaders play I thought I was watching a NZ Warriors league match for the first half there were so many handling errors.

The ref made some shocking decisions for both sides especially the so called shoulder charge by the Force player when he clearly had his arms out.

Calling Hamilton offside from that kick was another stupid decision. I feel the touch judges have too much say in the game today.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
22-04-06, 02:42 AM
force were robbed..but DAYYYYYYMM..watta game

i love the whole underdog concept and the force couldve done it wth 30,000 home fans....great game

hahaha @ tha crusaders...not so dominant afterall

The TRUTH
22-04-06, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Wally@Apr 21 2006, 10:21 PM
David Croft would take a dump on the cut on McCaw&#39;s right eye.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so random

nik
22-04-06, 07:00 AM
timely and i guess an expected hiccup from the crusaders....all in all it just means crusaders will be a much stronger team come semifinals time

Wally
22-04-06, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by nik@Apr 22 2006, 07:00 PM
timely and i guess an expected hiccup from the crusaders....all in all it just means crusaders will be a much stronger team come semifinals time
How was that even the littlest bit expected?

rugbyballs
22-04-06, 10:39 AM
Really both teams had multiple chances to take the win, and in the end both teams blew those chances, so fair result.
Crusaders defence in thier zone was superb as they had to defend without giving the penalty especially in the last 10.(try or no try? how did they get an overlap with one man down)
Sharpe said it before the match that they had to disrupt the Crusaders rythm and that&#39;s what they did so well. A lot of teams would have put pressure on the inexperienced players, the Force did it to the best summed up when McCaw had to leave the field.
They were the first team to actually target the hole between Mauger and Ralph and did it successfully and showed up Hamilton&#39;s defencive descrepinces when he&#39;s not playing in a dominate team.
The thing they did the best was force the Crusaders to commit players at ruck time which the Crusaders recently have been reluctant to do.

woosaah
23-04-06, 10:20 AM
I hated the game, but thats because i am one eyed, i cant help it!

i dont think canterbury desereved to win. do i think if the force deserved to win? dont care really :)

ref had a shocker, the try in the corner i didnt want to give it but thought they would. shocked and happy they didnt. the penalty for the force when they said hamilton (or whoever) was off side i was ****** and wanted to kill him.

not going to say to much, but i am proud to be a cantabrian we never gave up

woosaah
23-04-06, 11:08 AM
Crusaders lucky to get draw
22 April 2006*

Crusaders 23 - Force 23*
SYDNEY: The Crusaders knew fortune was on their side when they scraped through with a draw against the Western Force in the biggest upset of the Super 14 rugby season at Perth&#39;s Subiaco Oval last night.

"We were a little lucky I guess to come away with two points," Crusaders captain Richie McCaw admitted, after the Force were denied their first win by the call of the television match official ruling that winger Haig Sare was partly in touch when he dived over with four minutes to play.

Few would disagree with McCaw that the Force were desperately unlucky not to win. Force captain Nathan Sharpe said his players were gutted with the 23-23 result after they made so much of the play.

It was a frenetic match in which the competition cellar dwellers stood up to the unbeaten Crusaders and refused to bow.

The result thwarted the Crusaders&#39; efforts to put a break on the second-placed Waratahs on the points table and puts more pressure on them as they head to South Africa today for matches against the Stormers and Bulls.

"We knew the Force wouldn&#39;t be easy but we didn&#39;t have quite the intensity we needed," McCaw said afterwards.

"This is Super 14 rugby and you have got to turn up 100 per cent or you finish second."

Coach Robbie Deans said his side didn&#39;t get the platform they normally achieved through the scrums and line-outs to propel their attacking forays.

"But the players need to look at themselves in terms of what they brought to the game."

His rival and former colleague in the All Blacks coaching team, John Mitchell, was even blunter about the Crusaders.

"They&#39;re a side that enjoys momentum and they didn&#39;t get a lot of that tonight and that is partly due to ourselves but also some of their top players not having the top four inches right."

Mitchell was greeted warmly by the 30,000-strong crowd as he came down from the coach&#39;s box to congratulate his players and he was clearly pleased with their effort.

"You&#39;ve got to take those opportunities to physically get into them and we did that."

His side rocked the Crusaders early with a try to fullback Cameron Shepherd and when Mose Tuiali&#39;i replied for the visitors soon after, the Force side continued to take the game to them.

Scott Staniforth broke the line and flicked an inside pass to Brock James, who scored. By halftime the Force led 20-8, a scoreline no one could have predicted.

The Crusaders dominated territory early in the second half, but couldn&#39;t breach the stout Force defence.

Finally, a Leon Macdonald try in the 68th minute when the Force were a man down after a period of persistent offending closed the score to 23-16 and then Rico Gear crossed with eight minutes to go, with Dan Carter&#39;s conversion levelling the scores.

Ordinarily, the Crusaders would have been expected to finish the Force off, but they stuttered and instead it was Sare who appeared to score in the corner in the tackles of MacDonald and Tuiali&#39;i. Referee Marius Jonker referred the decision to television match official Geoff Acton, who after numerous replays ruled Sare had a foot in touch.

Sare crossed again in the dying minutes, but was called back because of a forward pass and there was no late rally from the Crusaders.

"It doesn&#39;t feel like a win," a disappointed Sharpe said afterwards.

"It&#39;s not often you get a chance to put away the Crusaders like that. The boys are gutted and that&#39;s a great sign. . . because it means we don&#39;t take second best."

The Force play the Cats in Johannesburg on Friday night.

[/b]

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3645299a1823,00.html

just thought you would like ot know what the "papers" are saying

The TRUTH
23-04-06, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 23 2006, 07:08 PM
just thought you would like ot know what the "papers" are saying
Well the headline on the Sunday Times over here today was "How the Force was ROBBED!"

woosaah
23-04-06, 09:41 PM
meh the game could have gone either way

sanzar
24-04-06, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 24 2006, 08:41 AM
meh the game could have gone either way
The Force were definately robbed, that last call was total bull**** and the Force fans have a right to be outraged.

Dumbo
24-04-06, 04:27 AM
Agree... Force was ripped off

ak47
24-04-06, 04:34 AM
:o :o

Robbed?.............they were crucified, robbed, raped and pillaged

its total BS.

The Force totally deserved to win - heck they did win, but the scoreboard and ref malfunction in the 79th minute, said otherwise

BigTen
24-04-06, 04:52 AM
Meh - does it really matter that much that the game ended in a draw. Obviously the Force would have liked to have won the game and on all balances they probably should have but what is more important is that they proved that they could compete with the team that will most likely win (or come second at the very worst) the competition.

No-one expects the Force to do very well this season and it is possible that this is the only non-loss result that they get.

I would have thought that the supporters of the Force would be looking at the positives rather than complaining that things didn&#39;t go there way.

In rugby, like most sport, you don&#39;t always get the 50/50 decisions going your way and this is a classic example of it. You just have to deal with it. Although I must admit that in rugby normally the team that most deserves to win, mostly does ... mostly. It isn&#39;t like football where upsets happened more often.

Force supporters - take the positives and leave the whinging to other teams.

ak47
24-04-06, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by BigTen@Apr 24 2006, 04:52 PM
Meh - does it really matter that much that the game ended in a draw. Obviously the Force would have liked to have won the game and on all balances they probably should have but what is more important is that they proved that they could compete with the team that will most likely win (or come second at the very worst) the competition.

No-one expects the Force to do very well this season and it is possible that this is the only non-loss result that they get.

I would have thought that the supporters of the Force would be looking at the positives rather than complaining that things didn&#39;t go there way.

In rugby, like most sport, you don&#39;t always get the 50/50 decisions going your way and this is a classic example of it. You just have to deal with it. Although I must admit that in rugby normally the team that most deserves to win, mostly does ... mostly. It isn&#39;t like football where upsets happened more often.

Force supporters - take the positives and leave the whinging to other teams.
Fair call - i do agree, but u gotto admit, having the crusaders as your first scalp, is a very nice way to kick start the winning wagon

it was never going to be a finals years for the new teams........but this match and even other recent small losses, can only give optimistic views of the future

J Mitchell is the right man for the job IMO

Giteau next year - the sun is shining on subiaco for 2007......