PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League 3

St Helens RLFC
26-04-06, 04:21 PM
Got ideas to improve SIDHE's next effort, should they make one?

Discuss.

gjohn85
26-04-06, 08:08 PM
Yes, they need to make up for last year woeful attempt.

They need to go back to the gameplay of RL1. And for Pete sake be able to get the user the ability to move on the attack, not just go straight.

SaintsFan_Webby
26-04-06, 08:28 PM
Give Los Lover and doovepoop complete creative control.

kaftka
27-04-06, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 27 2006, 07:28 AM
:lol:

And at the same time film a tv sit-com at Sidhe HQ

dobrien7
27-04-06, 05:33 AM
A 3rd attempt is warranted, as neither of them suffice at the moment. Feels like you're ice skating when running, unless of course it was meant to be an arcade game. In which case will the 3rd finally be a simulation like most of the rugby, soccer, cricket, hell most sports titles are?

I personally would play a league game to death if they could get it right, and it saddens me that I haven't been able to come anywhere near that yet...

Jono078
27-04-06, 05:39 AM
I hope there is an RL3, would like to see EA make it, but id be willing to give Sidhe another go to make it.

dobrien7
27-04-06, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Jono078@Apr 27 2006, 04:39 PM
I hope there is an RL3, would like to see EA make it, but id be willing to give Sidhe another go to make it.
Yeah a FIFA or Rugby engine underneath would make it a lot more realistic and enjoyable to play, fingers crossed I suppose... is there any indication officially of a 3rd?

St Helens RLFC
27-04-06, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 26 2006, 08:28 PM
Stupid move, SFW.

They will halve Mario's sales.

sanzar
27-04-06, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Jono078@Apr 27 2006, 03:39 PM
EA will not make a Rugby League title. Of that I can assure you... well for at least the forseeable future anyway. The only way they'll make one is if the Rugby League gaming market increases around 10 fold, otherwise they won't be interested.

Ripper
27-04-06, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by dobrien7+Apr 27 2006, 04:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jono078@Apr 27 2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah a FIFA or Rugby engine underneath would make it a lot more realistic and enjoyable to play, fingers crossed I suppose... is there any indication officially of a 3rd? [/b]
And where do they get these engines from?

And if Los Lover would probably be better then whoever the tool they have in charge now is. I remember Mario saying that if there is a 3rd, it would be current consoles only.

dobrien7
27-04-06, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 27 2006, 07:34 PM
And where do they get these engines from?.
Just referring to the programming used for different games, that it&#39;d be a good place to start if they could somehow &#39;copy&#39; them, much like how lots of games have tried to copy Grand Theft Auto etc...

and yeah unfortunately EA are totally concerned with $ and NZ, Oz and UK aren&#39;t big enough share of the market place to warrant their investment...

Kage
27-04-06, 03:19 PM
If they could get their hands on the Rugby Challenge 2006 engine, or at least model their player movement and passing on that game, they would be moving in the right direction.

BTW a few nips and tucks to RC 2006 and you have the ultimate action Rugby League game!!!!!!! (says me).

dobrien7
28-04-06, 12:25 AM
Yep I agree, throw in playing the ball, sets of 6, 40-20s, shoulder charges, new kits etc and there you&#39;d have it...

sanzar
29-04-06, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Kage@Apr 28 2006, 01:19 AM
If they could get their hands on the Rugby Challenge 2006 engine, or at least model their player movement and passing on that game, they would be moving in the right direction.

BTW a few nips and tucks to RC 2006 and you have the ultimate action Rugby League game!!!!!!! (says me).
I disagree... I personally didn&#39;t like movement in RC 06, I felt it was too fluid and unrealistic and needed to be a little more affected by momentum. Rugby 06 was better in my opinion.

As for Sidhe making another game, well I definately think they are the right developer for the job, even if RL2 fell down in several respects. The thing is RL2 just tried to do far too much for its own good! They went from a game with very simplistic graphics, basic play mechanics and basic competition modes, to a game with massively improved graphics (among the best in the rugby gaming realm), a tonne of game modes including a Franchise mode (simple, but still far better than that of any other rugby game) and online play, and a host of new play mechanics like "total control passing" (not perfect yet, but still the best passing idea in a rugby game), dummy half running, shoulder charges etc.
The problem was that going from such a basic game to one with all that, it was always gonna be tough to implement everything properly. But with their next title I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll be a heck of a lot tighter.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
29-04-06, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 27 2006, 03:21 AM
Got ideas to improve SIDHE&#39;s next effort, should they make one?

Discuss.
ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

im happy i didnt purchase the pile of junk..

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater

sanzar
29-04-06, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 29 2006, 02:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC@Apr 27 2006, 03:21 AM

Discuss.
ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater [/b]
Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It&#39;s up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2.

Kimmy_The_Kiwi
29-04-06, 07:28 AM
Yes they should make a new one..but ea should make it...they keep on making the rugby games better and better each year just when we thought they couldnt get better :P

sanzar
29-04-06, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 29 2006, 05:28 PM
Yes they should make a new one..but ea should make it...they keep on making the rugby games better and better each year just when we thought they couldnt get better :P
Your dreaming, EA will never make a rugby league game.

dobrien7
29-04-06, 07:53 AM
It would be great if they did, but unfortunately I have to agree, EA will in all likely hood NEVER release a league game...

kaftka
29-04-06, 09:22 AM
f***ing kiwi mentality at work again...

"The stuffed up. Don&#39;t let them fix it"

"That coach screwed up. Lets upset whatever flow the team may have by firing him..."

dobrien7
29-04-06, 02:04 PM
I&#39;m a kiwi and I&#39;m saying let them try again...

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
29-04-06, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM-->

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 29 2006, 02:21 PM

Discuss.

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater
Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It&#39;s up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2. [/b]
always at the defence arent you...

we asked for gameplay..what did we get?...NOTHING

take that tag you put under my name and put it on yours,where it rightfully belongs..

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked

sanzar
29-04-06, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 30 2006, 01:14 AM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM

Discuss.

Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It&#39;s up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2.

take that tag you put under my name and put it on yours,where it rightfully belongs..

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked [/b]
First up I didn&#39;t put the knobhead thing under your name... Second thing is that WE didn&#39;t ask for ****! The majority of the fans wanted Franchise modes and Online play and didn&#39;t ask too much of gameplay, so in that sense Sidhe delivered!

But seriously Chiro, go back and read my post again, it makes perfect sense (seriously, if you actually understood my post there is no way you could have come up with that response, so I assumed you skimmed it)... What you&#39;re whinging on about is begining to make me suspect you&#39;re English.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
29-04-06, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 02:22 AM-->

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 30 2006, 01:14 AM

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 29 2006, 03:50 PM

Discuss.

truth is (and everyone recognises this..coz if you dont yor just stupid)..the game play sucked
First up I didn&#39;t put the knobhead thing under your name... Second thing is that WE didn&#39;t ask for ****! The majority of the fans wanted Franchise modes and Online play and didn&#39;t ask too much of gameplay, so in that sense Sidhe delivered!

But seriously Chiro, go back and read my post again, it makes perfect sense (seriously, if you actually understood my post there is no way you could have come up with that response, so I assumed you skimmed it)... What you&#39;re whinging on about is begining to make me suspect you&#39;re English. [/b]
excuse me?.....franchise and blah blah..yes yes

the core improvement wanted from fans was for better gameplay....go and read back on my posts and many many others..while mario was here talking to his community he chose fancyness over the key elements which make games sucessful...

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

i rest my case,we (and there is a majority of us) asked for much much improved game physics in gameplay.no glitches,responsive controls,better player control..and got the complete opposite..stop defending a whack game...i wish all the best for pt.3 but i am not putting my hopes up since experiencing a really average stacey jones(only reason i liked it was becoz it was the only league game out) and the stupid one they released last year..which i must sy is one of the worst games i have ever played...(and i love league,it was the worst representation of the game ever..well besides the canterbury bulldogs)..

i dont know what youre rambling on about...i said they didnt listen to us and you replied

Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did![/b]

oh really?...we asked for a **** game?..

thats great..fair dinkum mate

sanzar
29-04-06, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 30 2006, 01:34 AM

the core improvement wanted from fans was for better gameplay....go and read back on my posts and many many others..while mario was here talking to his community he chose fancyness over the key elements which make games sucessful...

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you&#39;re an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can&#39;t seem to grasp what I&#39;m saying. I haven&#39;t been defending the gameplay at all, I&#39;ve simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn&#39;t the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn&#39;t have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you&#39;ll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second title in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they&#39;ve got now it&#39;ll become a really good game!

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
30-04-06, 12:26 AM
whos at fault here?....sidhe or us?...you blaming the consumers?...who made the game?...

to me..personally,they were too influenced on glitz and glamour and tried to market there game based on the fanciness..and tried to reach to a wider market that was not ready for this game

who in the end is gonna buy this game?...the RUGBY LEAGUE FANATICS..not some other market of stupid rpg hippy nerds who want instant eye candy....thats what it seems like to me..they tried to reach beyond there market and in doing so wrecked the game for the REAL rugby league enthusiasts

i wouldnt jump to the defence of sidhe..i said time and time again,i respect mario and his team and the effort they put in..but realistically speaking..in the billion dollar industry of video gaming..they will suffer if they dont rely on the core of the product...which is the &#39;game&#39; itself...if you play your cards right off and enjoyable game then you will reap rewards

yeah your right....they tried to hard,and thats not the consumers fault...its there fault

Kimmy_The_Kiwi
30-04-06, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 29 2006, 06:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 29 2006, 05:28 PM
Your dreaming, EA will never make a rugby league game. [/b]
Dreams are free :P

C A Iversen
30-04-06, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 30 2006, 01:34 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you&#39;re an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can&#39;t seem to grasp what I&#39;m saying. I haven&#39;t been defending the gameplay at all, I&#39;ve simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn&#39;t the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn&#39;t have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you&#39;ll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second title in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they&#39;ve got now it&#39;ll become a really good game! [/b]

Sanzar, that is just not like you. I mean "Mate, deadset you&#39;re an absolute idiot." ??? What does saying that to Chiro prove?
I know your frustrated that your point of view is not being taken in the way it was intended, but name-calling?

You make some good points, but essentialy a game is just that, a gameplay experience. Not everyone is obsessed with gameplay, true. It is isn&#39;t always the most important thing to everyone, but seriously good gameplay is the definition of a game.

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves?

sanzar
30-04-06, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Apr 30 2006, 11:27 AM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

Mate, deadset you&#39;re an absolute idiot. I love you and all, but seriously you just can&#39;t seem to grasp what I&#39;m saying. I haven&#39;t been defending the gameplay at all, I&#39;ve simply said that sidhe tried implement TOO MUCH of what the fans asked for... and like it or not gameplay wasn&#39;t the be all and end all for everyone, otherwise they wouldn&#39;t have put so much effort into all those masses of other things! Just think about it for 2 seconds and you&#39;ll realise that logistically this game was always in danger of ending out half baked because of how much they promised to put in it with so little money behind it and being only the second title in the series... But that said, I think there is great hope for the series, because if they just work on refining what they&#39;ve got now it&#39;ll become a really good game!

Sanzar, that is just not like you. I mean "Mate, deadset you&#39;re an absolute idiot." ??? What does saying that to Chiro prove?
I know your frustrated that your point of view is not being taken in the way it was intended, but name-calling?

You make some good points, but essentialy a game is just that, a gameplay experience. Not everyone is obsessed with gameplay, true. It is isn&#39;t always the most important thing to everyone, but seriously good gameplay is the definition of a game.

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves? [/b]
Yeah, you&#39;re right, got a bit too overzealous with that comment :( . Will you ever forgive me Chiro? :ph34r:

But yeah, I haven&#39;t actually been disagreeing with you guys about the gameplay, because I also think the game is fundamentally flawed... I just think that given they probably (&#39;hopefull&#39; may be a better word) have realised that they can&#39;t go from FIFA 99 directly to FIFA 06 in one hit (which is what it looked like they were trying to do with the amount they jammed into RL2), that the next game will be more balanced and won&#39;t overstep its boundaries in the way this one did...

C A Iversen
30-04-06, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 30 2006, 03:41 PM-->

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Apr 30 2006, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 30 2006, 02:42 AM

THE GAMEPLAY

ill spell it out again..

T-H-E G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y

They did try and put too much in, agreed. They just left out the main ingredient. It was like going to a BBQ that had no meat. Sure some people love the salads and bread, but how many people are truly enjoying themselves?
Yeah, you&#39;re right, got a bit too overzealous with that comment :( . Will you ever forgive me Chiro? :ph34r:

But yeah, I haven&#39;t actually been disagreeing with you guys about the gameplay, because I also think the game is fundamentally flawed... I just think that given they probably (&#39;hopefull&#39; may be a better word) have realised that they can&#39;t go from FIFA 99 directly to FIFA 06 in one hit (which is what it looked like they were trying to do with the amount they jammed into RL2), that the next game will be more balanced and won&#39;t overstep its boundaries in the way this one did... [/b]
The Fifa comparison is pretty much right on the money.

I think that if they don&#39;t try to add any new features and just fix the gameplay then I&#39;ll buy RL3.

Kage
30-04-06, 02:35 PM
They have all the features they need for a RL game of their budget, all they need to do is fix the flawed gameplay and tweak the already included features. Even the graphics only need tweaking (updating jersey&#39;s, new players, hairstyles etc).

C A Iversen
01-05-06, 01:28 AM
Scary thought. What if RL3 was actually worse?

ak47
01-05-06, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 1 2006, 12:28 PM
i wouldnt throw it passed them

based on comments by the official team - they take in the majority of requests

so if the majority are 12 year olds - which the official feedback forum is made of

they will never have intelligent feedback, thus will keep on making the wrong formulae

ie features over gameplay

they have all the spices, veggies and drinks

but no meat - not for grown ups

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat

dobrien7
01-05-06, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by ak47@May 1 2006, 01:17 PM

Ah yes, needs more input from men who consume beer n meat, just like the men that play the game, like those manly (no pun) men Ian Roberts and John Hopoate...

C A Iversen
02-05-06, 10:46 AM
Hey I&#39;ll be happy if Sidhe&#39;s third installment is as good (at least) as EA&#39;s third installment in their Rugby series (&#39;05).

Candyman
02-05-06, 11:23 PM
I have only played one version of the rugby league games and didn&#39;t really rate it surely they can only improve from that first one look how far they have come from jonnahrugby

dobrien7
02-05-06, 11:25 PM
Agree with C A Iversen and Candyman, but it&#39;s unfortunately taken 10+ years for the transformation of Jonahs to EA Rugby 06...

can league fans wait that long? Doubt I could.

Candyman
03-05-06, 04:05 AM
Good call.....but hopefully the creators have been looking at rugby 06 and thought along the same line as EA have and with the technology we have these days compared to 10 years it might not take them as long to create a better league game

dobrien7
03-05-06, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Candyman@May 3 2006, 03:05 PM
Good call.....but hopefully the creators have been looking at rugby 06 and thought along the same line as EA have and with the technology we have these days compared to 10 years it might not take them as long to create a better league game
True development time wouldn&#39;t be anywhere near that, just have to wait and see I suppose...

Candyman
04-05-06, 09:08 AM
The only problem is they will have a hard time keeping up with all these players being released from there clubs another one from the warriors the other day

gjwoodq
04-05-06, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 29 2006, 06:53 PM
It would be great if they did, but unfortunately I have to agree, EA will in all likely hood NEVER release a league game...
They have done before so why NEVER again?....never say never

Candyman
05-05-06, 11:17 PM
I hope when they make another one that they make the controls more like the rugby controls as what put me off the first game was the controls how to sprint you had to keep tapping the D-pad to sprint and passing was done by the triggers(Xbox). If they made the controls more like the rugby B=pass right X=pass left and right trigger to sprint they might find a few more people wanting to play it

sanzar
06-05-06, 01:42 AM
I actually must admit though, despite all its flaws, there was a lot I liked about RL2... I still prefer its kicking system over any other, and I really like the &#39;total control passing&#39;, often being able to pull off some very cool plays with both of them, such as using the drop goal kick as a cross kick (cause it goes higher than a normal punt) for wingers. That said, both still need to be tightened significantly in the next instalment, being given significantly more fluidity. I would really love to see the "pass to play make" move expanded to make it so you could have them standing different depths and also able to organise set plays. First and foremost however, they need to drastically rework the motion engine.

sanzar
06-05-06, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by gjwoodq+May 4 2006, 10:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7@Apr 29 2006, 06:53 PM
They have done before so why NEVER again?....never say never [/b]
It&#39;s just simple logic... maybe not never, but certainly not in the forseeable future. Ask yourself: what possible reason could EA have for making a Rugby League title when the market is so limited and there is already a company with a solid foothold in the area?

Answer: There is no logical reason why EA would want to put any money into a title with such a limited scope for profit, even compared with Rugby Union (which is way behind FIFA and MADDEN as it is).

Maybe in 50 years if Rugby League somehow is a massively popular game played in a number of highly populated and economically significant countries, but not before then...

Jono078
06-05-06, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ak47+May 1 2006, 01:17 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@May 1 2006, 12:28 PM

so if the majority are 12 year olds - which the official feedback forum is made of

they will never have intelligent feedback, thus will keep on making the wrong formulae

they even have fairy bread.........but no beer n meat [/b]
Yeah you make a good point, unfortunetly...

In the &#39;RL3 Ideas&#39; thread, alot of the users on there have asked for stuff like Cheerleaders and these sort of cinematics instead of fixing the gameplay or some other improving some of the other features in the game.

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc.

Candyman
07-05-06, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Jono078+May 7 2006, 01:53 AM-->

In the &#39;RL3 Ideas&#39; thread, alot of the users on there have asked for stuff like Cheerleaders and these sort of cinematics instead of fixing the gameplay or some other improving some of the other features in the game.

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc. [/b]
What would be the point of having cheerleaders it not like you will get to play with them :D

Also aren&#39;t they now talking about doing away with cheerleaders because they are showing to much skin now??

C A Iversen
07-05-06, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Candyman+May 7 2006, 05:19 PM-->

Originally posted by Jono078@May 7 2006, 01:53 AM

Hopefully is Sidhe get the nod for RL3 we will see improvement in the important things instead of stuff like Cheerleaders etc.
What would be the point of having cheerleaders it not like you will get to play with them :D

Also aren&#39;t they now talking about doing away with cheerleaders because they are showing to much skin now?? [/b]

Is there such a thing as a cheerleader showing too much skin?

Whats the world coming to? :P

Candyman
07-05-06, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 7 2006, 09:11 PM

Is there such a thing as a cheerleader showing too much skin?

Whats the world coming to? :P
Not in my eyes there isn&#39;t but they wear so little so why wear anything at all

woosaah
08-05-06, 12:31 AM
because underage kids go to the game...

though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing :P

dobrien7
08-05-06, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Candyman@May 8 2006, 10:04 AM
Not in my eyes there isn&#39;t but they wear so little so why wear anything at all

though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing[/b]

As long as it&#39;s cheerleaders like say the Auckland ones we&#39;re talking about seeing, as the Southland ones are all at intermediate school still, and I personally don&#39;t wanna see something I could get arrested for doing so...

Candyman
08-05-06, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 11:31 AM
because underage kids go to the game...

though i wouldnt mind seeing some of them wearing nothing :P
Thats when the parents send them to the hot dog stand :D

woosaah
08-05-06, 03:27 AM
cricky just read my post and it sounds dodgy

i meant the cheerleaders and as long as they were legal (over 18 at least anyway)

the cantebury ones are good, though i havnt been to a game there for a few years :(

Kage
08-05-06, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 6 2006, 12:46 PM

It&#39;s just simple logic... maybe not never, but certainly not in the forseeable future. Ask yourself: what possible reason could EA have for making a Rugby League title when the market is so limited and there is already a company with a solid foothold in the area?

Answer: There is no logical reason why EA would want to put any money into a title with such a limited scope for profit, even compared with Rugby Union (which is way behind FIFA and MADDEN as it is).

Maybe in 50 years if Rugby League somehow is a massively popular game played in a number of highly populated and economically significant countries, but not before then...
Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest.......

Candyman
08-05-06, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 02:27 PM
cricky just read my post and it sounds dodgy

i meant the cheerleaders and as long as they were legal (over 18 at least anyway)

the cantebury ones are good, though i havnt been to a game there for a few years :(
Yeah was the same with southland a few years ago they had some tidy one but now they have like 15 and 16 year olds doing not cool at all

sanzar
08-05-06, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Kage+May 8 2006, 02:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@May 6 2006, 12:46 PM

Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest....... [/b]
Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn&#39;t be any different, as they wouldn&#39;t risk competing.

C A Iversen
08-05-06, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 8 2006, 08:29 PM-->

Originally posted by Kage@May 8 2006, 02:12 PM

Mario claims that EA tried to get in on the deal after the first RL game broke all those pre-order records before it was released. They obviosly have some interest.......
Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn&#39;t be any different, as they wouldn&#39;t risk competing. [/b]

Don&#39;t you reckon that the standard research undertaken by EA would tell them that there are a lot more unsatisfied Sidhe Rugby League fans than there are EA Rugby fans, and just use the current Rugby engine?

sanzar
08-05-06, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+May 8 2006, 09:11 PM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@May 8 2006, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Kage@May 8 2006, 02:12 PM

Yeah, I think I remember that. But I if the market did look to have potential, all EA would do would be to buy sidhe and have them continue making the games under the EA heading... so it wouldn&#39;t be any different, as they wouldn&#39;t risk competing.

Don&#39;t you reckon that the standard research undertaken by EA would tell them that there are a lot more unsatisfied Sidhe Rugby League fans than there are EA Rugby fans, and just use the current Rugby engine? [/b]
You&#39;d think so, but then if it were that simple, then why doesn&#39;t the EA Rugby series utilize the Madden engine? ... EA wouldn&#39;t put all that much resources to start off with, just the same as with rugby. I don&#39;t know if you can all still remember, but Rugby 2004 was EA&#39;s second attempt, and it was a fair bit worse than RL2 to say the absolute least.

C A Iversen
08-05-06, 08:39 PM
Yes, I remember. How would I have forgotten that? :wacko:

sanzar
10-05-06, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 9 2006, 06:39 AM
Yes, I remember. How would I have forgotten that? :wacko:
Well not so much forgotton, but purged from your memory as a survival mechanism so you don&#39;t have to relive the pain :ph34r: .

CeeJay
10-05-06, 10:16 AM
They could easily make a league game at little cost if they used the same engine. They just need to add licenses and remove rucks, lineouts and adjust the kicking and scrums. They let the rugby devs use the fifa engine, so why not use that engine for League.

kaftka
10-05-06, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 9 2006, 01:35 AM
I don&#39;t know if you can all still remember, but Rugby 2004 was EA&#39;s second attempt, and it was a fair bit worse than RL2 to say the absolute least.
That&#39;s hardly a fair comparison though. Rugby 2004 was made by a completely different development team, using an entirely different engine.

Rugby 2001 was made by creative assembly, two points if you can tell me how good the rugny series would be if they stuck with them.

sanzar
11-05-06, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
They could easily make a league game at little cost if they used the same engine. They just need to add licenses and remove rucks, lineouts and adjust the kicking and scrums. They let the rugby devs use the fifa engine, so why not use that engine for League.
Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive title.

ak47
11-05-06, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 11 2006, 02:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive title. [/b]
I find annual title better for sports games

they involve rosters, which change annually, and i can accept trading in old for new, pay spread, get new rosters and minor improvements, than having wait 3 yr gaps, and order roster patches yearly, with ZERO game improvements.

sanzar
11-05-06, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by ak47+May 11 2006, 02:21 PM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@May 11 2006, 02:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@May 10 2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah... but it would depend on who developed it. They would most likely (if they somehow came to the unlikely conclusion that it would be worth investing in) just get sidhe to continue making their current series, but under the EA license... Whether this would be a good thing is debatable, because as we all know EA would want a yearly series, which would see relatively minor improvements on each successive title.
I find annual title better for sports games

they involve rosters, which change annually, and i can accept trading in old for new, pay spread, get new rosters and minor improvements, than having wait 3 yr gaps, and order roster patches yearly, with ZERO game improvements. [/b]
Maybe... But I still think this is a pretty pointless conversation because EA will not make a rugby league game. Plain and simple, there would just be no point for them.

CeeJay
11-05-06, 05:52 AM
They should just get the rugby 06 devs to whip it up. Sidhe dont seem to be able to iron out the bugs that are killing their title, they managed to iron out the good things though?

I think the RC 06 engine would be the best, as it plays like league anyway.

sanzar
11-05-06, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@May 11 2006, 03:52 PM
They should just get the rugby 06 devs to whip it up. Sidhe dont seem to be able to iron out the bugs that are killing their title, they managed to iron out the good things though?

I think the RC 06 engine would be the best, as it plays like league anyway.
not really... it plays like sevens I think, and it&#39;s a little TOO fluid, players should be affected by some momentum. As for sidhe not having what it takes... well I think you guys are being a little harsh, they&#39;ve only made 2 league games, and neither had a very big budget, but they did well with what they had and RL2 shows a heck of a lot of promise in my opinion! It actually has a lot better idea&#39;s than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.

ak47
11-05-06, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 11 2006, 04:57 PM
It actually has a lot better idea&#39;s than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.
obviously cant implement all those ideas coz the gameplay suffers

u gotto weigh up whats critical

Rugby06 does a better job overall

sanzar
12-05-06, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ak47+May 11 2006, 05:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar@May 11 2006, 04:57 PM
It actually has a lot better idea&#39;s than Rugby 06, but just needs better implementation.
obviously cant implement all those ideas coz the gameplay suffers

u gotto weigh up whats critical

Rugby06 does a better job overall [/b]
Rugby 06 generally has smoother player movement, which is the main streagth of a game, but camera&#39;s are just as bad if not worse than RL2, the world league is no where near as good as the RL2 Franchise mode (though that has its fair share of problems) is way better than the silly fictional &#39;world league mode&#39;. The passing system in RL2 is about even with R 06 with both having major drawbacks (Rugby 06 still takes ages to execute at times, RL2 players don&#39;t hit the ball at pace enough), kicking is better in RL2 in my opinion (you still always get tackled if a defender is anywhere near you in R06). But overall you&#39;re right, Rugby 06 does play better, but so it bloody should! It&#39;s EA&#39;s 4th attempt!