PDA

View Full Version : Round 14- Crusaders v Brumbies

Dumbo
08-05-06, 11:18 AM
Crusaders (ranked number 1) take on the Brumbies (ranked 4th) at home. The Brumbies are really going to have to pull finger for this one… the Sharks and Bulls are coming up from behind are will be motivated to get a spot in the semi’s.
Haven’t heard of any injuries in the Crusader camp but the Brumbies have lost little Gregan for this one…

There’s a lot of interest in the outcome of this game… South Africa will be watching closely.

Rassie
08-05-06, 11:29 AM
Yeap, go on Cantab`s! No point for Brumbies

Dumbo
08-05-06, 11:41 AM
Hope the Crusaders smash them!

Rassie
08-05-06, 11:46 AM
Yeah, big hope here too for this to become reality hehehe

woosaah
08-05-06, 11:58 AM
ahh back to the crusaders ranked number 1, all must be right with the world :D

The TRUTH
09-05-06, 11:23 AM
Brumbies by 1

dont ask me how

aussie1st
09-05-06, 11:26 AM
Well it won't be with Giteau seems like we are resting him :)

The TRUTH
09-05-06, 11:39 AM
They must be pretty confident of making the semis if there willing to rest players

kaftka
09-05-06, 01:02 PM
Crusaders to win 99-3

The TRUTH
09-05-06, 05:50 PM
It's been confirmed that the Brumbies will be without 4 of there best players in Gregan,Larkham,Giteau and Heenan for this weeks match with the Crusaders.

aussie1st
09-05-06, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by kaftka@May 10 2006, 12:02 AM
Crusaders to win 99-3
Lol it's basically de ju vu of the Tahs but the Brumbies are actually in 4th place not 2nd.

esoj
09-05-06, 11:32 PM
yeah giteau is being rested so that he can be right for the semi. heenan has had a bad dose of the flu and is on the bench.

brumbies will be doing it tough this week without some of their better players. they still have a decen forward pack but the backs have been decimated.

esoj
10-05-06, 03:10 AM
well here is the crusaders line-up.

Crusaders: 15. Leon MacDonald, 14. Scott Hamilton, 13. Casey Laulala, 12. Aaron Mauger, 11. Caleb Ralph, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Kevin Senio, 8. Mose Tuiali'i, 7. Johnny Leo'o, 6. Richie McCaw (capt), 5. Reuben Thorne, 4. Chris Jack, 3. Greg Somerville, 2. Tone Kopelani, 1. Wyatt Crockett. Res: 16. Corey Flynn, 17. Campbell Johnstone, 18. Ross Filipo, 19. Tanerau Latimer, 20. Andrew Ellis, 21. Cameron McIntyre, 22. Rico Gear.

Gay-Guy
10-05-06, 03:23 AM
Man the Brumbies are clever....

....they know they are probably going to be in the semi so they are not showing their hand when they play the Crusaders in the final round robin. Instead they are watching what the Crusaders will turn up with and then in the semi they will present their real game plan to counter it when they bring on their big guns......

esoj
10-05-06, 03:44 AM
they may not see much for next week if the crusaders walk all over them and win by a huge margin this week

Ripper
10-05-06, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 10 2006, 02:23 PM
Man the Brumbies are clever....

....they know they are probably going to be in the semi so they are not showing their hand when they play the Crusaders in the final round robin. Instead they are watching what the Crusaders will turn up with and then in the semi they will present their real game plan to counter it when they bring on their big guns......
Will they be really clever when they are watching it at home next week?

You would've thought Nucifora's craptacular coaching with the Blues would've diluted your mancrush on the Brumbies a little bit.

Candyman
10-05-06, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 10:58 PM
ahh back to the crusaders ranked number 1, all must be right with the world :D
This will a right royal thrashing the crusaders will dish out.

See woosah i do back the crusaders when needed :D

Zambaman
10-05-06, 07:38 AM
YES!!! I've got tickets for the match! Should be pretty good.

QKXV
10-05-06, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by esoj@May 10 2006, 02:10 AM
well here is the crusaders line-up.

Crusaders: 15. Leon MacDonald, 14. Scott Hamilton, 13. Casey Laulala, 12. Aaron Mauger, 11. Caleb Ralph, 10. Dan Carter, 9. Kevin Senio, 8. Mose Tuiali'i, 7. Johnny Leo'o, 6. Richie McCaw (capt), 5. Reuben Thorne, 4. Chris Jack, 3. Greg Somerville, 2. Tone Kopelani, 1. Wyatt Crockett. Res: 16. Corey Flynn, 17. Campbell Johnstone, 18. Ross Filipo, 19. Tanerau Latimer, 20. Andrew Ellis, 21. Cameron McIntyre, 22. Rico Gear.
...and the brumbies :

Brumbies: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (captain), 12 Joel Wilson, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Gene Fairbanks, 9 Patrick Phibbs, 8 George Smith, 7 Julian Salvi, 6 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Nic Henderson, 2 Jeremy Paul, 1 Bill Young.
Replacements: 16 James McCormack, 17 Guy Shepherdson, 18 Radike Samo, 19 Daniel Heenan, 20 Luke Burgess, 21 Francis Fainifo, 22 Ben Batger

woosaah
10-05-06, 12:04 PM
yep its going to be an ass kicking :D

go the crusaders :D

allblacksfreak
10-05-06, 08:21 PM
What was tht I hear? the brumbies running away like whores?
get it...:lol:

Mr. Laxative
11-05-06, 06:52 AM
I reckong brumbies... just. And if not we should get a bp! Remember you were saying thrashing when you were coming up against Force... heck, I even said that, but they drew - The brumbies are a much better side than the Force even without greegs, bernie, gits and heenan.

My main concern is Wilson starting???? He's a friggen hog! he should have gone ages ago...

aussie1st
11-05-06, 07:27 AM
Wilson has is powerful though. Some of his runs got us over the advantage line. But kicking will be a problem if Gerrard isn't in place to kick.

esoj
11-05-06, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Jacko@May 11 2006, 06:52 PM
I reckong brumbies... just. And if not we should get a bp! Remember you were saying thrashing when you were coming up against Force... heck, I even said that, but they drew - The brumbies are a much better side than the Force even without greegs, bernie, gits and heenan.

My main concern is Wilson starting???? He's a friggen hog! he should have gone ages ago...
that performance against the force was proabbly the crusaders worst peformance this year. I wouldn't read too much into considering how the force have gone this year.

the brumbies are better than the force for sure but the crusaders are the team of the competition atm. the brumbies are also missing quite a few of their better players for this match. I really can't see the crusaders putting in another force type performance especailly at home where they haven't lost for 16 games. crusaders should win fairly easily but the brumbies may get 4 tries if the crusaders empty the bench once the result is known

loratadine
11-05-06, 07:08 PM
im saying crusaders 45, brumbies 12

woosaah
11-05-06, 10:55 PM
i like that scoreline

kaftka
12-05-06, 02:05 AM
So do I... Would certainly make things interesting.

esoj
12-05-06, 03:25 AM
indeed a big win by the crusaders with the brumbies getting 0 points leaves the door slightly open for the sharks and to a lesser extent the bulls

Rassie
12-05-06, 08:03 AM
Assuming Brumbies won`t get a bonus point (that means no 4 tries and a loss of minimum 8 point margin), Sharks need besides the obvious bonus point a win at minimum 31 points in front of Force!

If Crusaders are going to smash Brumbies, like in Lora prediction 45 – 12 (33 difference) , then Sharks only need a bonus point or Bulls a win by 12 points (Bulls need a win by 45 points if Brumbies lose by 8 points)

The TRUTH
12-05-06, 09:23 AM
Half Time 9-3 Crusaders.........

Terrible conditions and a useless ref :cheers:

kaftka
12-05-06, 09:28 AM
Expect to see the Crusaders have a big second half.

Remember when I said the Crusaders will win 99-3? Well guess what? I'm almost right...

esoj
12-05-06, 10:04 AM
13 to go 12-3 to the crusaders. brumbies proabbly will make it unless the sharks deal to the force.

edi: just as I posted crusaders scored 19-3 about 7mins to go

esoj
12-05-06, 10:14 AM
26-3 1 min to go. sharks in with a chance I guess

esoj
12-05-06, 10:16 AM
wow crusaders in again 33-3 . and that is the fulltime score. sharks must have a chance now

Groen_en_Goud
12-05-06, 10:18 AM
YESSSSS!!!! COME ON!!!!! :rahh:

Baie Dankie, Crusaders!

Sharks need 5 log points and 10 point winning margin. (Drawing the margin won't help the Sharks)

The TRUTH
12-05-06, 10:35 AM
Pathetic last 10min from the Brumbies http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/iB3_html/non-cgi/emoticons/no.gif

Sharks now have a good chance if they can put 4 tries on the Force.

Go Force!!!

ps.NZ need a dome.

Gay-Guy
12-05-06, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Groen_en_Goud@May 12 2006, 09:18 PM
YESSSSS!!!! COME ON!!!!! :rahh:

Baie Dankie, Crusaders!

Sharks need 5 log points and 10 point winning margin. (Drawing the margin won't help the Sharks)
Every Sharks fan should support the Crusaders as their Number 2 team......

....the Crusaders busted their guts working for the Sharks.....now all the Sharks have to do is bust their gut too.

There lies the problem...the Crusaders can be relied on to get things done (even though with 13 mins to go there were probably some depressed lacking in faith Sharks fans who thought the Crusaders had let them down) but other teams don't have that finish the job attitude......look at the Bulls last week for instance!!!!

esoj
12-05-06, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 12 2006, 10:35 PM
Pathetic last 10min from the Brumbies http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/iB3_html/non-cgi/emoticons/no.gif

Sharks now have a good chance if they can put 4 tries on the Force.

Go Force!!!

ps.NZ need a dome.
yeah the sharks still have a job to do it is now a bit easier for them.

and by a dome do you mean something with a roof over it?

Cain
12-05-06, 11:33 AM
Don't you guys just love this years competition , The sharks were ranked lowest team in the super14 and facing regulation.

Now they might go to the semi's

Go sharks

Btw Butch James is going to cause some *****

Rassie
12-05-06, 12:18 PM
Well, Crusaders did their best! Too bad for them but Sharks (or Bulls) will be in the final !

The TRUTH
12-05-06, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by esoj@May 12 2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, or a decent stadium with good drainage....... the Jade pitch was a disgrace tonight.

Gay-Guy
12-05-06, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+May 12 2006, 11:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@May 12 2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, or a decent stadium with good drainage....... the Jade pitch was a disgrace tonight. [/b]
Hahaha....the whole of NZ atm has flooded rugby feilds!!!! So much rain this week and its still going!

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
12-05-06, 01:29 PM
God has been crying becoz he created tasesa lavea

Dumbo
12-05-06, 02:19 PM
Pumped... shame on you Brumbies, shame on you.

That makes it interesting...

Shame on you George Gregan, shame on you...

Ripper
12-05-06, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+May 12 2006, 11:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@May 12 2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, or a decent stadium with good drainage....... the Jade pitch was a disgrace tonight. [/b]
What a baby.

aussie1st
12-05-06, 09:17 PM
What a waste, Giteau, Larkham and Gregan all were going to comeback for the next match to give the Crusaders a big challenge. Now they are out. What a waste of a season. And Fairbanks is clearly not the answer to our 5/8 problems and Wilson well hes gone now.

Gay-Guy
12-05-06, 11:15 PM
If you do not show the Cruaders respect....they will disrespect you.....

Only the Crusaders are allowed to rest top players (see last week)....

aussie1st
12-05-06, 11:24 PM
Lol not even the Crusaders can rest top players (see two weeks ago ;))
Carter makes such a big difference and he was just brillant yesterday as well.

sanzar
13-05-06, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 13 2006, 09:15 AM
If you do not show the Cruaders respect....they will disrespect you.....

Only the Crusaders are allowed to rest top players (see last week)....
I thought they were still all injured...
Anyway, serves the brumbies right for falling to sleep in the last 10 minutes. Though it is a shame that we couldn&#39;t see Larkham v Carter...
However, this actually may prove to be a good thing, because the Sharks seemed to really trouble the crusaders and its possible they could cause an upset.

Gay-Guy
13-05-06, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by aussie1st@May 13 2006, 10:24 AM
Lol not even the Crusaders can rest top players (see two weeks ago ;))
Carter makes such a big difference and he was just brillant yesterday as well.
:lol: :lol:

Trust you to remember lol! :bravo:

sanzar
13-05-06, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 12 2006, 08:35 PM

ps.NZ need a dome.
NZ needs better stadiums generally... Most of them are about the same level as the Newcastle or Nth Qld stadiums at best and they don&#39;t have anything like Suncorp, the SFS or Telstra.

shiznit
13-05-06, 04:07 AM
were just too small to have stadiums like those. it doesnt matter anyway. why should you have perfect surfaces all the time? rugby is about handling all types of conditions all the time.

thats why i hate the idea of having a roof over. it just gives the advantage to sides with **** weak forward packs and good backlines.

hmmm funny that... theres only one country around with a **** forward pack and a good backline and it seems to be theyre fans that are complaining about conditions.

sanzar
13-05-06, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by shiznit@May 13 2006, 02:07 PM
were just too small to have stadiums like those. it doesnt matter anyway. why should you have perfect surfaces all the time? rugby is about handling all types of conditions all the time.

thats why i hate the idea of having a roof over. it just gives the advantage to sides with **** weak forward packs and good backlines.

hmmm funny that... theres only one country around with a **** forward pack and a good backline and it seems to be theyre fans that are complaining about conditions.
I wasn&#39;t complaining about the conditions... I think you&#39;ll agree that being a Waratahs fan I&#39;d have no reason to ;) (see the rain soaked Dunedin match against NZ&#39;s premier forward team the Highlanders for evidence as to why), I was basically just saying the NZ doesn&#39;t have any truly world class stadiums, which is true. Seriously, it&#39;s a dam shame that you guys are hosting the World Cup when the atmosphere of the final will be nothing like it has been in the coloseum like stadia of other countries... SA, England, Australia, France, they all have brilliant grounds for big matches! Heck even Wales have Millenium! And it&#39;s not like they&#39;re bigger than you.

Mr. Laxative
13-05-06, 05:07 AM
Frankly, I&#39;m disappointed. Yes, very much so, but heck well done to the Sharks. We only have ourselves to blame for our elimination. We didn&#39;t get enough bonus points and we were very lucky with some of our results. We shouldn&#39;t have beaten the Bulls, we shouldn&#39;t have drawn with the Stormers... heck we were lucky to beat the Sharkies. We should have scored another try against the Force, against the Cats, etc. Last night just finished us. To let in 21 points in the last 10 minutes is disgraceful. Yes, the Sharks won 7, lost 6, but they played much better overall - even when they lost. Well done.

Our turning point was the Waratahs game, but we went in the wrong direction. Yes Larkham got injured, but we have capable back-ups. Since then we have lacked a lot of confidence and frankly we didn&#39;t deserve to be in the semis if we&#39;d got there.

Congratulations to the Sharks and I&#39;ll be backing them for the finals! Here&#39;s hoping an SA team can finally win Super Rugby....

Signing off,

Jacko Laxative ;)

BigTen
13-05-06, 07:39 AM
Sanzar,

The problem is for New Zealand is that they don&#39;t have a national stadium and as such are unable to build a huge stadium.

You suggested that even Wales have a better stadium.

Well, duh!

Wales only ever play rugby games at the Millenium Stadium and think of all of the other games that are held there. The FA Cup final tonight, the League Cup, the occasional rugby league match as well. I am sure that there are rugby club games held there as well. So they get at the very least a dozen big games there a year that sell-out at a premier price.

Where-as in NZ - they share the test matches for the All Blacks all around the country so that everyone gets a reasonable chance at watching a test match.

I am sure that the NZRFU could fund a huge stadium built in Auckland or even Hamilton (cheaper option and not really that fair from the biggest commercial city in NZ) and just play all of the big games there (test matches, the Super 14 Final (if a NZ team hosts it), the NPC semi-finals and final).

But the other provinces are not happy to do that and the NZ public would much rather have rugby a lot more accessable then having one huge stadium.

And as for the qulaity of the pitch in Christchurch - better than anything that Australia has. There had been a heap of rain and the pitch held up beautifully. Sure there was water on the surface - rugby is a winter game and it rains in the winter - but there wasn&#39;t any pools of it anywhere.

Just compare that to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne - the Aussie Rules players are always complaining about how dangerous it is.

sanzar
13-05-06, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by BigTen@May 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Sanzar,

The problem is for New Zealand is that they don&#39;t have a national stadium and as such are unable to build a huge stadium.

You suggested that even Wales have a better stadium.

Well, duh!

Wales only ever play rugby games at the Millenium Stadium and think of all of the other games that are held there. The FA Cup final tonight, the League Cup, the occasional rugby league match as well. I am sure that there are rugby club games held there as well. So they get at the very least a dozen big games there a year that sell-out at a premier price.

Where-as in NZ - they share the test matches for the All Blacks all around the country so that everyone gets a reasonable chance at watching a test match.

I am sure that the NZRFU could fund a huge stadium built in Auckland or even Hamilton (cheaper option and not really that fair from the biggest commercial city in NZ) and just play all of the big games there (test matches, the Super 14 Final (if a NZ team hosts it), the NPC semi-finals and final).

But the other provinces are not happy to do that and the NZ public would much rather have rugby a lot more accessable then having one huge stadium.

And as for the qulaity of the pitch in Christchurch - better than anything that Australia has. There had been a heap of rain and the pitch held up beautifully. Sure there was water on the surface - rugby is a winter game and it rains in the winter - but there wasn&#39;t any pools of it anywhere.

Just compare that to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne - the Aussie Rules players are always complaining about how dangerous it is.
Well, personally I wasn&#39;t really talking all that much about the surface, I think they&#39;re pretty good here and in NZ (difference is that while we have a problem of weak ground due to the dry landscape you guys suffer from monsunes...) just the size of the stadiums and their quality... You make a good point about the AB&#39;s giving the people of NZ a chance to watch it everywhere, and I like that, but you guys should still really have a proper national stadium. At the moment for Union and League we&#39;ve really got 3 with the SFS, Telstra and Suncorp. The Wallabies still play games in Perth and Melbourne occasionally, and if people really want to go to a game they&#39;ll book a cheap flight or bus and get out there! I went in Perth once.

Mehrtsisagod
13-05-06, 10:25 PM
God job Canterbury it might have taken 70 minutes to come alive but we sure dealt to those Brumbies.

Yay 1 less Aussie team and good on the Sharks for seizing the opportunity to take 4th spot.

As for our pitches dunno what you are complaining about. I&#39;ve seen matches on the suncorp Stadium and it&#39;s always patchy and has the worst injury record around.

I&#39;m sure a lot of league players would agree with me.

If you can&#39;t hack a little rain don&#39;t play simple as that.

sanzar
14-05-06, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Mehrtsisagod@May 14 2006, 08:25 AM

If you can&#39;t hack a little rain don&#39;t play simple as that.
If you can&#39;t take a dry track in arid conditions, then don&#39;t play, simple as that ;) .

Either way players a slipping over.

esoj
14-05-06, 12:59 AM
well what was suppsoed to happen when it was raining basically all week. there was no way that pitch would be dry to play on. jade has one of the best surfaces in nz if not the southern hemisphere. considering the amount of rain during the week etc the pitch did quite well.

btw mertsisagod you did read the sport news or at least hear that the bulls are in ahead of the sharks.