PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Transfers

Corbin
13-05-06, 08:04 AM
Have we got a list of transfers yet for the 07 seasons?

Could we get this pinned?

Ripper
13-05-06, 08:39 PM
Tasea Lavea - Auckland Blues - - - > Unmarked Grave

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-05-06, 12:49 AM
we can get it pinned in..lets see...2007

but yup it will be interesting to see what our npc teams can provide,hopefully lavea gets folded in a bag and tossed over the harbour bridge by the incredible hulk nick williams

bloody hell...only transfer i wanna see is carlos spencer back in "modern day" rugby..down in tha south

SaintsFan_Webby
14-05-06, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 14 2006, 12:49 AM
bloody hell...only transfer i wanna see is carlos spencer back in "modern day" rugby..down in tha south
Unlucky really. He's still got 2 years to run on his current contract, and I don't see much/any chance of him leaving us before then.

Blame the NZRFU for letting him go in the first place.

Ripper
14-05-06, 09:49 AM
I blame Sloane for benching him in favour for Lavea

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-05-06, 12:07 PM
yup....

Dumbo
14-05-06, 12:33 PM
Henry didn't want him... transfers I'd like to see Tony Brown back home.

Southern man
14-05-06, 12:35 PM
Jeff Wilson---> Otago and Highlanders coaching staff

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
14-05-06, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Dumbo@May 14 2006, 11:33 PM
Henry didn't want him... transfers I'd like to see Tony Brown back home.
true

but the auckland rugby community want him...unless luke mcalistair becomes our first choice 10 then we will be happy

The TRUTH
14-05-06, 02:23 PM
Western Force signings

Matt Giteau (Brumbies)

Drew Mitchell (Reds)

Troy Takiari (Waratahs)

Thats all i've heard of for now

--------------------------
Apparently Eddie Jones doesn't want Julian Huxley in his team next year, so maybe the Brumbies will sign him...... i think he'd be a good replacement for Giteau at inside centre or playing fullback allowing Ashley-Cooper to play 12.

Dumbo
15-05-06, 12:55 AM
Hey that's funny... if I was a player I woldn't want Eddie Jones in my team.
Hold on... there might be room for an orange boy.

The TRUTH
06-06-06, 03:32 PM
Looks like Steve Kefu is heading to France

esoj
07-06-06, 06:39 AM
falls under this years as well I belive but anyway

jack ---->tasman http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/743745

Zambaman
07-06-06, 07:04 AM
Wow, that's an impressive signing by Tasman.

Ripper
07-06-06, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a cap decision by Canterbury... although the Crusaders will be probably be applauding this, 2 Strong Unions are better then one.

EVOL
07-06-06, 07:50 AM
Yeah jack is an awesome signing for my tasman team, and i've heard a few rumours that aaron mauger might be on his way as well.

nothing certain, so its just a rumour

Wally
07-06-06, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 15 2006, 01:23 AM
Apparently Eddie Jones doesn't want Julian Huxley in his team next year, so maybe the Brumbies will sign him...... i think he'd be a good replacement for Giteau at inside centre or playing fullback allowing Ashley-Cooper to play 12.
He has now.

esoj
07-06-06, 09:00 AM
it may well have been a cap decision by canterbury who knows. certainly jack loses nothing as he will be certain to start at tasman like he does for canterbury. he may very well enjoy the slightly more low key area compared to canterbury where he is widely known.

good too see the talent spreading out a bit. this can only be good for the crusaders as well as players like jack etc should get more people interesting in teh franchise beyond just the canterbury area.

EVOL
07-06-06, 11:48 AM
of course it would be a cap decision, great for tasman, and great for the crusaders

The TRUTH
07-06-06, 12:27 PM
The Reds have signed 24 year old lock Ed O'Donoghue from Worcester.

SaintsFan_Webby
07-06-06, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jun 7 2006, 12:27 PM
The Reds have signed 24 year old lock Ed O'Donoghue from Worcester.
:huh:

Seems a strange signing to make.

He didn't make our first team, and to my knowledge he didn't start for Worcester very often last year either.

Bullitt
07-06-06, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 7 2006, 04:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!@Jun 7 2006, 12:27 PM
The Reds have signed 24 year old lock Ed O&#39;Donoghue from Worcester.
:huh:

Seems a strange signing to make.

He didn&#39;t make our first team, and to my knowledge he didn&#39;t start for Worcester very often last year either. [/b]
That&#39;s because he&#39;s ****e.

The TRUTH
13-06-06, 11:00 AM
Looks like Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Cross is set to sign with the Western Force in the next day or two.

Dont think we really need another centre but more the merrier i guess.

Cross set to sign with Force
Tuesday June 13, 9:25 PM
http://news.aunz.yimg.com/xp/abc/20060607/20/716573338.jpg
^^GOOD HEAD

The Western Force is expected to announce the signing of Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Cross on Wednesday for the next two Super 14 seasons.

Speculation grew last week that the off-contract Cross would switch codes following the withdrawal of an offer from the Roosters.

This followed meetings between Cross and the Australian Rugby Union.

The Brumbies also met with Cross but it is believed he has agreed to terms with the Force.

The 26-year-old Cross made his NRL debut in 1998, having represented the Australian Schoolboys rugby union side the previous year.
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/060613/4/r66c.html
[/b]

Wally
14-06-06, 05:24 AM
He has officially signed. I think the Force have over done their backs recruiting, while the Reds have nothing. Thanks faggets.

Wally
16-06-06, 01:10 AM
9. Henjak
10. Mackay
11. Staniforth
12. Giteau
13. Cross
14. Shepard
15. Mitchell

20. O&#39;Young
21. Ioane
22. Hilgendorf

Daruda
James
Pelesasa
Sare
Stapleton

_/

Solid.

Mr. Laxative
16-06-06, 07:29 AM
Wow, leaving pelesasa, daruda and sare out...... that is solid.

Brumbies may get Stephen Hoiles next year, should know by Monday.

Wally
16-06-06, 07:51 AM
Where&#39;d you hear that? I think Hoiles is coming to the Reds.

Mr. Laxative
18-06-06, 05:57 AM
It&#39;s been on the tv and newspapers down here. Serious discussions. CEO Andrew Fagan is talking up our chances of getting him. I think I did here somewhere that he was in discussion with the Reds as well, but I hope we get him.

Wally
18-06-06, 06:25 AM
You don&#39;t even need him particularly. Not with Tawake, Smith and ex Queenslanders Heenan and Chisholm. Just let this one slide. Please.

aussie1st
19-06-06, 08:14 AM
He all but signed to come over to the Brumbies. It&#39;s harsh on Adam Wallace Harrison he was going so well at 8. Hollies should fit in well into our lineup though.

Wally
19-06-06, 09:10 AM
So much for Eddie attracting good players up here. So far we&#39;ve signed a fat prop back from Ireland and lost two key backs in Huxley and Mitchell.

The TRUTH
20-06-06, 10:24 AM
Hoiles swaps Sydney for Canberra
Monday June 19 2006

&#39;I just love the way the Brumbies play&#39;

NSW Waratahs back row forward Stephen Hoiles has signed a two-year contract with two-times Super Rugby champions, the ACT Brumbies.

Despite interest from the Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, the Wallaby loose forward feels the move from Sydney to Canberra will help him push for a World Cup place next season, having lost a bit of ground over the past few months.

"You just see it time and time again. Players go to the Brumbies and they improve," said Hoiles on the official Brumbies website. "I want that opportunity, particularly in a World Cup year.

"If I can play regular time with a settled backline that includes quality players Stephen Larkham, George Gregan and Mark Gerrard that will be my best chance of making it to France."

Hoiles added that playing "Brumbies rugby" was also very appealing to him: "I just love the way the Brumbies play. They obviously have a clear direction that everyone believes in and follows. It&#39;s an entertaining, attacking style that will suit my game."

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher was happy with his latest acquisition.

"We see Stephen fitting in at No.8 although he does have versatility to play any position in the back row," said Fisher.

"There&#39;s no question that he will suit to our attacking style of game. He runs good lines, is evasive in attack and has tremendous vision around the field. He&#39;s also a quality line-out forward. He&#39;s clear about what he wants to achieve in his rugby and it’s our job to work with him to make sure it happens."

Hoiles, who played 30 Super Rugby matches for the &#39;Tahs, has two Wallaby caps to his credit. He is 1,90 metres tall, tipping the scales at 98 kilograms.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australi...ory_51961.shtml (http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australia/story_51961.shtml)

[/b]

Wally
20-06-06, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jun 20 2006, 09:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Hoiles swaps Sydney for Canberra
Monday June 19 2006

&#39;I just love the way the Brumbies play&#39;

NSW Waratahs back row forward Stephen Hoiles has signed a two-year contract with two-times Super Rugby champions, the ACT Brumbies.

Despite interest from the Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, the Wallaby loose forward feels the move from Sydney to Canberra will help him push for a World Cup place next season, having lost a bit of ground over the past few months.

"You just see it time and time again. Players go to the Brumbies and they improve," said Hoiles on the official Brumbies website. "I want that opportunity, particularly in a World Cup year.

"If I can play regular time with a settled backline that includes quality players Stephen Larkham, George Gregan and Mark Gerrard that will be my best chance of making it to France."

Hoiles added that playing "Brumbies rugby" was also very appealing to him: "I just love the way the Brumbies play. They obviously have a clear direction that everyone believes in and follows. It&#39;s an entertaining, attacking style that will suit my game."

Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher was happy with his latest acquisition.

"We see Stephen fitting in at No.8 although he does have versatility to play any position in the back row," said Fisher.

"There&#39;s no question that he will suit to our attacking style of game. He runs good lines, is evasive in attack and has tremendous vision around the field. He&#39;s also a quality line-out forward. He&#39;s clear about what he wants to achieve in his rugby and it’s our job to work with him to make sure it happens."

Hoiles, who played 30 Super Rugby matches for the &#39;Tahs, has two Wallaby caps to his credit. He is 1,90 metres tall, tipping the scales at 98 kilograms.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australi...ory_51961.shtml (http://www.planet-rugby.com/Teams/Australia/story_51961.shtml)

[/b][/quote]
**** off

The TRUTH
03-07-06, 09:29 AM
Brumbies lose Radike

Samo opts for Paris over Cardiff

Saturday July 01 2006
Australia lock joins Stade Français

Australia lock Radike Samo has rejected an offer from Cardiff Blues to join Stade Français on a two-year deal.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/mediastore/images/editorial/Australia/Radike_Samo200.jpg
Radike Samo: Heading for Paris

Samo has struggled to break into the Brumbies Super 14 team this year, and after he was overlooked by Australia coach John Connolly for the June Test squad, he cast his eyes north.

Both Cardiff&#39;s Dai Young and Stade coach Fabien Galthié made approaches, but Samo opted to head for the French capital, leaving the Blues short at lock after Craig Quinnell&#39;s retirement.

"I played seven years in Australia with the ACT Brumbies, which means I had been in Super 14 a long time," he said to the South Wales Echo.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air and discover a new country.

"I came twice to Paris and I remember being very attracted by the city. I thought Stade Français would be the right place to start fresh.

After successive Top 14 victories in 2003 and 2004, the Parisians lost in the 2005 Top 14 final and Heineken Cup final, and lost in the semi-final of the Top 14 this season.

Samo believes he will find the French game a novelty after so many years establishing himself Down Under.

"I wanted to boost my career and to offer a different life to my family," he added.

"I also hope to discover a new rugby style. I want to experience the difference between southern hemisphere rugby and the one played in France.

"I believe it will be a huge novelty for me compared to what I knew in Australia. The aim is definitely to discover, have fun and enrich myself from a new culture. I really can&#39;t wait to start."

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/To...ory_52207.shtml (http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Top_14/story_52207.shtml)
[/b]

dobrien7
03-07-06, 09:47 AM
Probably the wrong area to post it, but has Aucklands Orene Ai&#39;i gone or going to league???

Stormer
11-07-06, 04:57 AM
Quinton Davids-Gloucetser to Cheetahs
Hottie Louw- Newport Gwent to Blue Bulls
Selborn Boome- Northampton to Western Province

The TRUTH
11-07-06, 08:14 AM
The Reds have lost another Wallaby in Josh Valentine to the Waratahs

So now the Tahs have Josh Valentine,Josh Holmes and Brett Sheehan ....... 3 quality halves.

SaintsFan_Webby
11-07-06, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Stormer@Jul 11 2006, 04:57 AM
Selborne Boome- Northampton to Western Province
Is that in a coaching role or something?

Because there&#39;s no way he&#39;s suddenly going to start playing again with his knee the way it is.

Stormer
11-07-06, 12:32 PM
No it&#39;s in a playing role... WP coach Cobus van der Merwe has said he should be right for selection in the next 2-3 weeks....

SaintsFan_Webby
11-07-06, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Stormer@Jul 11 2006, 12:32 PM
No it&#39;s in a playing role... WP coach Cobus van der Merwe has said he should be right for selection in the next 2-3 weeks....
That&#39;s unbelievable. We released him from his contract because he kept getting crocked and it didn&#39;t look like he was going to be able to play much more.

Well, good luck to the guy, I really rated him. It&#39;s just disappointing he didn&#39;t try and stick it out up here to repay the efforts of the club if he knew he was going to make a return to full fitness.

Stormer
11-07-06, 12:47 PM
Well I am pretty sure he has only signed for this season, he has said he wants to finish his career at the place where it all started: Western Province

IMO he seems to at WP to help the young locks (which there a lot of) more than anything else.

esoj
13-07-06, 10:22 PM
shcifcofske signs with the reds

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/787313

woosaah
14-07-06, 01:00 AM
old news
http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...=0&#entry158543 (http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6616&st=0&#entry158543)

esoj
14-07-06, 03:14 AM
oh well my bad. next time a player transfers to union i will look in the league section.

woosaah
25-07-06, 04:50 AM
since this is 2006 as well i will chuck Roger Randle back into the mix for waikato

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=...ewsArticle=4281 (http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=showNPCNews&newsArticle=4281)

scot
26-07-06, 01:10 PM
former newzealand moari centre ryan nickolas has signed with the reds for 1 season. what&#39;s the go with this bloke then?

woosaah
26-07-06, 11:42 PM
havnt heard that guy for years, no idea what he was like or anythin :)

Stormer
25-08-06, 10:38 AM
Western Province have signed former bok fullback Conrad Jantes from the the Lions. Should boost the Stormers depth in the S14 next year.

More good news for the Stormers Boland Cavaliers have signed Nel Fourie, Andries Human, Dewey Swartbooi, Marco Wentzel and Tewis de Bruin. (for anyone who doesn&#39;t know Stormers select players from both Western Province and Boland) In particular the signings of Andries Human (120kg prop from the Bulls) and Nel Fourie (Lions fly half) look promising for us.

Stormer
25-08-06, 10:41 AM
Oh and a bit late but we signed Fiji 7&#39;s player Sireli Naqelevuki a few weeks ago and he made his debut agains the Pumas last week and scored a double. Looks good!

Mr. Laxative
27-08-06, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH@Jul 3 2006, 07:29 PM
Brumbies lose Radike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Samo opts for Paris over Cardiff

Saturday July 01 2006
Australia lock joins Stade Français

Australia lock Radike Samo has rejected an offer from Cardiff Blues to join Stade Français on a two-year deal.

http://www.planet-rugby.com/mediastore/images/editorial/Australia/Radike_Samo200.jpg
Radike Samo: Heading for Paris

Samo has struggled to break into the Brumbies Super 14 team this year, and after he was overlooked by Australia coach John Connolly for the June Test squad, he cast his eyes north.

Both Cardiff&#39;s Dai Young and Stade coach Fabien Galthié made approaches, but Samo opted to head for the French capital, leaving the Blues short at lock after Craig Quinnell&#39;s retirement.

"I played seven years in Australia with the ACT Brumbies, which means I had been in Super 14 a long time," he said to the South Wales Echo.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air and discover a new country.

"I came twice to Paris and I remember being very attracted by the city. I thought Stade Français would be the right place to start fresh.

After successive Top 14 victories in 2003 and 2004, the Parisians lost in the 2005 Top 14 final and Heineken Cup final, and lost in the semi-final of the Top 14 this season.

Samo believes he will find the French game a novelty after so many years establishing himself Down Under.

"I wanted to boost my career and to offer a different life to my family," he added.

"I also hope to discover a new rugby style. I want to experience the difference between southern hemisphere rugby and the one played in France.

"I believe it will be a huge novelty for me compared to what I knew in Australia. The aim is definitely to discover, have fun and enrich myself from a new culture. I really can&#39;t wait to start."

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/To...ory_52207.shtml (http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Top_14/story_52207.shtml)
[/b][/quote]
What wasn&#39;t repoted there was the fact that the Brumbies didn&#39;t even offer him a renewal of a contract.

Instead of DK rejecting the club, the club rejected DK.

AndyMcNabFAN
07-09-06, 01:24 PM
Tana Umaga is off to France to play club rugby, but he will resume S14 with the &#39;Canes in 2007. He plays provincial for some french club now. That&#39;s what I&#39;ve heard. You all probably know that anyways, it wasn&#39;t posted.

Stormer
11-09-06, 11:50 AM
Bobby Skinstad could be making a possible return to pro rugby with the Sharks!! with the ultimate goal of making the next World Cup.

Hope he comes back a player like him deserves to go out better than what he did...

Also Marius Joubert has signed for the Free State Cheetahs from Western Province, maybe the move will do him some good and he can get his career back on track, it seems like a eternity since 2004....

AndyMcNabFAN
12-09-06, 03:29 PM
Skinstad danied the rumours, although he said rugby is still an option...

Jaque Cronje has signed with the Lions from next season onwards...

nez
13-09-06, 01:34 AM
Mat Rogers announced at the John Eales medal count that he is going back to league and the Gold Coast Titans once his ARU contracts ends after the &#39;07 WC. He apparently will play one more season with the Waratahs then the World Cup (presumably) THEN he will hook up with the new NRL club. What do you guys think? His time up in Union when the WC rolls around or is it a big loss post WC?

esoj
13-09-06, 01:41 AM
old http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7270

nez
13-09-06, 06:52 AM
my bad, i should&#39;ve checked, but i don&#39;t care much for league......won&#39;t happen again.

AndyMcNabFAN
13-09-06, 09:35 PM
Lote Tiquiri is rumored to follow in Rodgers&#39; footsteps and trade in his Union boots for League.

Also... Neil de Kock has decided to move form WP to Saracens. He is gonna link up with the Saracens next week. It&#39;s a shame, because I personally think that he is better than Bolla Conradie.

nez
14-09-06, 03:53 AM
ARU look set to soon raid the NRL again, apparently Greg Ingliss (sp?) is top of the list. Also the ARU are talking bout keeping Tuqiri after the WC as a long term option.

Sw1fty
11-10-06, 10:43 AM
Canterbury five-eighths Cameron McIntyre has joined New Zealand rugby&#39;s talent drain, signing with Castres four months after being linked to another French club Clermont-Auvergne.

McIntyre, 25, who represented the Junior All Blacks this year, will join Castres next month, linking up with former All Blacks prop Carl Hoeft.

His departure was confirmed by the Canterbury Rugby Union after McIntyre decided not to try for another contract at Super 14 level.

He&#39;s been a great servant for Canterbury Rugby, just a shame for him that he&#39;s got two high quality players ahead of him in Carter and Mauger.