PDA

View Full Version : Super 14 Semi Final - Hurricanes v Waratahs

Dumbo
15-05-06, 10:45 AM
Right then, the business end is upon us… The Hurricanes host the Waratahs for the first of the semi finals… Hurricanes look like the are consolidating whilst the Waratahs are getting side tracked by the media circus that is turning out to be Wendal Sailor.

Appears to be no injury from the Hurricanes camp whilst the Tah’s will be down a winger before they even start.

Both teams have a quality defensive setup and attacking flair… who wants it? Who’s focused? Who’s got the home crowd?

Very very interesting...

The TRUTH
15-05-06, 10:53 AM
The Tahs should be shot if they dont get there act together and win this semi.

I never thought i'd say this but EWAN please start Halangahu :ph34r:

Dumbo
15-05-06, 11:00 AM
Wonder who's at 1st5 for the Canes?

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
15-05-06, 11:01 AM
go the canes!

Gay-Guy
15-05-06, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 15 2006, 09:53 PM
The Tahs should be shot if they dont get there act together and win this semi.

I never thought i'd say this but EWAN please start Halangahu :ph34r:
I predict the Tahs will bring their A game and win this.....

...then they will go on and deal to the Crusaders.

I have been 50/50 on my predictions..........

....so in conclusion....I know nothing.

But I would not be surprised at all if the Tahs turnd up with a steely determination particularly after their Wendell saga........remember the Wallabies 3 years ago after everyone had written them off?????

Dumbo
15-05-06, 11:06 AM
I'm not writing them off... bloody aussies, they pull it out of the bag when they have too. More media attention on drugs could be unsettling though…

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
15-05-06, 11:09 AM
its the year of the hurricane gg...tana gon go hard..this is practically his last game/s..with this as his world cup final he will be determined to win this tournament

go the canes..will be a very exciting game but with home field advantage on there sides..and that rugged az loose trio of the canes..the backline will get quickie ball from tha rucks and clean the field up

hurricanes 27 - 19 waratahs

Rassie
15-05-06, 11:33 AM
I wouldn`t bet on this game!

In theory, Canes have the home ground advantage, they won away , really showed some quality defence (let me remind you they`ve played almost entire second half without a player) and Tahs are on the downhill (lost to Chiefs, lost to Canes, lost the second place). They even lost Sailor :D

But don`t write them off! They still can pull their act togheter and play like a team! They`ve got quality players , it`s all up to their morale

kaftka
15-05-06, 12:16 PM
Hot damn, I would have made a handy ammount of money last week if I chucked my 20 bucks that I found under my bed on the Hurricanes...

I'm gutted. I wanted to go and see this game live, but I'm working at the time, so I'll have to set up the video recorder or something and block my ears for a few hours.

Hurricanes to win 23 - 19

Tries to Toeava, Eaton (if he plays) Weepu. No bull.

Rassie
15-05-06, 12:19 PM
Take the day of, you don`t have too many chances seeing Canes advance to the final! :D

esoj
16-05-06, 04:15 AM
gopperth is most likely to start for the canes as holwell is still recovering from his knee infection and may not even be on the bench.

well this should be a cracker of a game. both teams look fairly even and I think it may come down to who pulls it together on the night. if the canes are close enough or leading near the end the home crowd I think will bring them home. the tahs have quality players and if rogers firs then the canes will most likely be in for a tough game. both teams have great firepower and defence will play a big part in deciding the outcome of the game.

my tip is for the hurricanes to win in a close game.

Mr. Laxative
16-05-06, 06:52 AM
Tahs, Tahs, Tahs!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first and only time I will ever say that....... Hopefully N-K will start at Inside and Rogers outside of fullback. Halangahu come on! Then Tahs to win the Final. There Aussies, yes, but I hate them - I hate the Crusaders more!

aussie1st
17-05-06, 12:39 AM
Cmon the Tahs the last Aussie hope. If Ewen picks the right backline we will see a much better effort from the Tahs.

esoj
17-05-06, 01:20 AM
the teams

tahs
NSW Waratahs: 15. Mat Rogers,14. Peter Hewat, 13. Morgan Turinui, 12. Sam Norton-Knight, 11. Lote Tuqiri, 10. Daniel Halangahu, 9. Chris Whitaker (capt), 8. Stephen Hoiles, 7. Phil Waugh, 6. Rocky Elsom, 5. Dan Vickerman, 4. Al Kanaar, 3. Al Baxter, 2. Adam Freier, 1. Benn Robinson. Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Matt Dunning, Will Caldwell, David Lyons, Brett Sheehan, Shaune Berne, Ben Jacobs, Chris Siale, Wycliff Palu (one to be omitted).

canes
Hurricanes: 15. Isaia Toeava, 14. Lome Fa'atau, 13. Ma'a Nonu, 12. Tana Umaga, 11. Shannon Paku, 10. David Holwell, 9. Piri Weepu, 8. Rodney So'oialo (capt), 7. Chris Masoe, 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Jason Eaton/Luke Andrews, 4. Paul Tito, 3. Neemia Tialata, 2. Andrew Hore, 1. John Schwalger. Res: 16. Luke Mahoney, 17. Joe McDonnell, 18. Luke Andrews/Ross Kennedy, 19. Thomas Waldrom, 20. Brendan Haami, 21. Jimmy Gopperth, 22. Tamati Ellison

Dumbo
17-05-06, 03:54 AM
Fingers crossed Eaton's fit... this should be a classic, specially if the Canes can lift in attack... Rogers at 15 - interesting.
I'm going for the Canes... Tito's back, Eaton as possibility, look at the Canes lose trio, Canes mid field... Canes!

Mr. Laxative
17-05-06, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by esoj@May 17 2006, 11:20 AM
NSW Waratahs: 12. Sam Norton-Knight, 10. Daniel Halangahu 5. Dan Vickerman, 2. Adam Freier, Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau
Wow, I might have to support the Tahs in the finals now and not the Bulls! Five former-Brumbies! FIVE! Six if you count Ewen... SIX!

And go Halangahu! :bravo:

aussie1st
17-05-06, 09:03 AM
You know us Brumbies the product of great players :)
Great to see Rogers at fullback and Norton Knight at 12. This is definitely the best side.

loratadine
18-05-06, 08:17 PM
ummmm.........
tahs 19
canes 26

Dumbo
19-05-06, 12:24 AM
Eatons's in - full and fit squad for the Canes.

Canes 32 - Tah's 14

woosaah
19-05-06, 12:33 AM
i am going for an early trip home from work i think

looks busy out there not and its only 1130

esoj
19-05-06, 01:28 AM
you going woosaah or just watching the game on tv

woosaah
19-05-06, 01:47 AM
dont even think i will get around to watching it on tv, maybe if i can hold off going to my gfs.

i hate going to hurricanes/wellington games if canterbury arnt playing. i just cant get into it the same.

watching it on tv can be a bit of a bore as well

my grandfather brought me up well didnt he :)

esoj
19-05-06, 02:14 AM
yeah true i just thought it being a semi and all you might have gone but guess not. crusader through and through you are.

should be a good game I think. both teams have exciting players in the backs that can do damage. the intesity will proabbly lift as well due to it being a semi.

woosaah
19-05-06, 03:20 AM
yeah i cant go to a game where i dont follow the team

it just doesnt feel right, feels like i am betraying canterbury rugby

sooo boring to watch ;)

The TRUTH
19-05-06, 06:56 AM
hmm.....

Rogers at fullback

Palu back from injury

Berne out of the team

Tahs 31-21

C A Iversen
19-05-06, 07:17 AM
Hurricanes 22-17. :bravo:

I'm not biased, but the Warratahs suck cock custard.

Groen_en_Goud
19-05-06, 07:46 AM
Go the 'Canes. 30 - 17 to the Cake Tin residents.

esoj
19-05-06, 07:52 AM
canes 25 tahs 20

TheBokke
19-05-06, 09:13 AM
COME ON CANES!!! Problem is if(when) the Crusaders win I think The Waratahs will give them more of a game in the Semis.

Ripper
19-05-06, 10:07 AM
Gopperth is teh clutch.

Wally
19-05-06, 10:16 AM
New South Wales choke fest. Just like the good old days.

Ripper
19-05-06, 10:16 AM
Rodney should've just kicked Phil Waughs arse there and then.

Wouldnt have mattered if he got suspended, their still going to lose the final.

Wally
19-05-06, 10:19 AM
This competition is getting so bogus. Now the Crusaders are pretty much guaranteed another title.

The TRUTH
19-05-06, 10:20 AM
Jonathan Kaplan die!!

Ripper
19-05-06, 10:21 AM
Maybe if the other 2 countries didn't, on a whole, suck harder then Wales.

Dumbo
19-05-06, 10:22 AM
Australia out... OK boys... calling all aussies... any ANZAC spirit out there or are you going to back the saffas?

Close game, could have been anyones at the end of the day. Kiwi's will be stoked that one team is through and will be hoping for a dual kiwi final.

Rogers should have been first five, simple as that... also time for Loti to work towards the 13 jersey... more ball, more running at the opposition.

Man of the match - Tito (hell of a Ginga)

sanzar
19-05-06, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Wally@May 19 2006, 08:16 PM
New South Wales choke fest. Just like the good old days.
YEP! That about sums it up. That game was there for the taking, but no, the Tahs decided that the didn't really want it and threw it out the window! I mean WHAT THE F@#K were they thinking with that scrum??? and WHY didn't lote RUN the ball if he thought he had the advantage????

In the words of my Samoan kiwi mate after the 2003 RWC semi : FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

**** performance by NSW, was just so dissapointing.

sanzar
19-05-06, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dumbo@May 19 2006, 08:22 PM
Australia out... OK boys... calling all aussies... any ANZAC spirit out there or are you going to back the saffas?

Normally, I'd back NZ every time against SA, but I'm just so sick of seeing kiwi teams win the Super 12/14 that anyone else will do... including the Bulls.

Wally
19-05-06, 10:28 AM
Go the f@#king Bulls.

Dumbo
19-05-06, 10:33 AM
And there you go... welcome to the ANZAC myth.

Shame on you Australia, shame on you... you are the biggest loser

The TRUTH
19-05-06, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 05:23 PM
and WHY didn't lote RUN the ball if he thought he had the advantage????

Because Kaplan would have called advantage over the minute Tuqiri got over the gain line...... Lote thought they had a penalty right in front and wanted to make sure he got it.

Why the F@#K was Kaplan waving his arm around like he signaling advantage?...

...and why the f@#k would an attacking team collapse there own scrum? ..... they wouldn't.

No wonder the Tahs have only won 1 from 14 games with Kaplan refereeing.

Anyway.... the Tahs played ****

Go Bulls!!

Dumbo
19-05-06, 10:38 AM
Simple... why... try Matt Dunning

esoj
19-05-06, 10:54 AM
good game plenty of action up and down the field. in the end the canes came out with a tight win.

go the crusaders all kiwi final would be good.

Rassie
19-05-06, 11:01 AM
Well, it`s a deserve win for Canes IMO ! Tahs were frigid !

Serge
19-05-06, 11:11 AM
For only 2 tries in the game that was awesome to watch. I thought the Hurricanes actually choked more than the Warraths as they had so many opportunities and so much ball, but did not convert it to much. I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. Looking forward to the final.

Rassie
19-05-06, 11:14 AM
Serge: "I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. " i`m not argueing that but IMO Sharks could have been the only team with a real chance to beat Crusaders!

aussie1st
19-05-06, 12:07 PM
Tahs totally lost their way in the last 3 games. Defence was majorly exposed.
Cmon the Canes, I hate those Crusaders.

sanzar
19-05-06, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Dumbo@May 19 2006, 08:33 PM
And there you go... welcome to the ANZAC myth.

Nah... it's not that the ANZAC spirit is dying, only that it coming second to the Aussie tradition of supporting the underdog ;) .

Dumbo
19-05-06, 12:28 PM
Fair... personally as a Kiwi if it was the Tah's and the Brumbies against the Bok... I know where I would stand

sanzar
19-05-06, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by esoj@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.

sanzar
19-05-06, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dumbo@May 19 2006, 10:28 PM
Fair... personally as a Kiwi if it was the Tah's and the Brumbies against the Bok... I know where I would stand
Yeah, listen, I'll be probably be going for the Hurricanes in the final, I just want the Crusaders out! And I bet if both the Tahs and Brumbies had 5 titles to their names and had been in the finals almost every year, then you wouldn't find seeing them lose to a saffa team.

Dumbo
19-05-06, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 19 2006, 11:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn&#39;t exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it. [/b]
Sh*t loads of Kiwi finals? not the last three (including this one).

sanzar
19-05-06, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Dumbo+May 19 2006, 10:32 PM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 11:29 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn&#39;t exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.
Sh*t loads of Kiwi finals? not the last three (including this one). [/b]
Well, it&#39;s not like we&#39;ve ever had an all Aussie or South African final... in fact there has only ever been one final with NO kiwi team in! so forgive us if we want to see someone else get in. That&#39;s why the NRL is so great to watch these days... I was ****** that the Roosters went crap last year, but the competition as a whole was just so exciting because of how varied it was and how hard to predict it is! You just don&#39;t get that in S14... I mean, fair play to the kiwi team&#39;s ability, but it&#39;s comparitively pretty boring (results wise) to the NRL.

Seriously Dumbo, can you honestly tell me that if the Tahs and the Brumbies had won 7 of the 10 championships so far and figured in most of the finals that you&#39;d still be going for them ahead of the Bulls who&#39;ve NEVER won? I mean, I&#39;m not a fan of the saffa&#39;s either, but **** it&#39;s getting boring.

Rassie
19-05-06, 12:42 PM
Sanzar, follow my judgement and correct me if i`m wrong

1. Waratahs were leaders with two matches to go - an away game vs Chiefs and a home game vs Canes

2. They were well aware about how an ending season can go wrong - remember last year

3. Team spirit was as high as ever - from what i`ve seen in previous games

Despite this, they manage to lose vs Chiefs and by this the leaders place! After that there came another defeat, vs Canes and by this they lost a home semis! The team spirit decrease - see the Sailor incident but also the way they stood togheter in this last decisive game!

Therefore, IMO, you beat yourselves ! Don`t blame the ref, the ground, the rain or i don`t know what, blame yourselves, it`s entirely your fault!

P.S: I can be wrong and if it`s so, do correct me !

sanzar
19-05-06, 12:47 PM
No, I totally agree. If you read my earlier post you&#39;ll see that I more or less said the same thing.

The tahs were in the box seat to win this one, but just couldn&#39;t handle the pressure and started to make stupid decisions when it counted. They didn&#39;t deserve to win with some of the things they did, it was disgraceful.

sanzar
19-05-06, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Rassie@May 19 2006, 09:14 PM
Serge: "I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. " i`m not argueing that but IMO Sharks could have been the only team with a real chance to beat Crusaders!
I&#39;m actually inclined to agree with that... The Sharks were despereately unlucky to lose to the Crusaders earlier this year and they could really have caused them some problems.

Rassie
19-05-06, 01:02 PM
Yeap, i`ve seen your point!

Nevertheless, i can totally understand the anger, i would have been frustrated if i was a Tahs supporter! It`s the second season in the row when they chocked!

For a Tahs suppoerter is as that: I dominate the season (not only this but the previous also), i`m playing to win and i have the supporters backing me and despite all this i choke!

Anyway, IMO if Tahs would have played on their home ground this semisfinal they would have manage to get it through! But they lost the last week season game! They dominated the second half (in the 14-19 loss to Hurricanes), they had almost entire second half an advantage (15 vs 14 players) and a try would have been more than enough to snatch a home semi! ****e, it was like in the last season, a try, just one more try !

sanzar
19-05-06, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rassie@May 19 2006, 11:02 PM
Yeap, i`ve seen your point!

Nevertheless, i can totally understand the anger, i would have been frustrated if i was a Tahs supporter! It`s the second season in the row when they chocked!

For a Tahs suppoerter is as that: I dominate the season (not only this but the previous also), i`m playing to win and i have the supporters backing me and despite all this i choke!

Yeah, it&#39;s sorta like being an All Blacks fan at world cup time, except we&#39;re not quite as crushed when we lose :P .

Rassie
19-05-06, 01:07 PM
LOL, nice touch SANZAR ! :D

kaftka
19-05-06, 02:03 PM
I&#39;m on the verge of rooting for the Bulls for the simple fact that the Canes will host the final.... Meaning I could go and see it!

Great game really. Ruined for me though. More on that later.

First things first... Mexted had an absolute pearler tonight.
Last week it was
"Heres Blubbubs.... How do you pronounce that name?"
"....Phibbs"

This week there was
"Beautiful stuff by Masoe. Handjob....Another one"

Also, the game wasn&#39;t bad. Kaplan had a good game with the whistle you fool. We won...

Anyway, I had to work through this game, so I taped it... At about 9:30, some idiot Ambulance driver came up to me specifically and said "YUSS!! The Canes are through!!"

...Now, I&#39;m a pretty polite person, but it took all of my effort to restrain myself from sending him off in the back of his truck...

Anyway.... Not too bad. I&#39;m almost sober again now as well...

The TRUTH
19-05-06, 07:31 PM
Whats with this ANZAC crap Dumbo

Kiwis love nothing more than seeing Aussie teams lose.

This is not war, it&#39;s a sporting rivalry.

If it was war than ofcourse we would help the Kiwis take down the Saffas every time......

Just like we would back the Poms in war every time, but when it comes to sport....both Countries love nothing more than seeing the other one lose.

It&#39;s all good fun..... dont take it personally.

Go Bulls!!

Serge
19-05-06, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 11:47 PM
The tahs were in the box seat to win this one, but just couldn&#39;t handle the pressure and started to make stupid decisions when it counted. They didn&#39;t deserve to win with some of the things they did, it was disgraceful.
Honestly I didn&#39;t watch the same game as you, they were never in the box seat, they lead by 1 point at one stage and thats it. The Hurricanes completely dominated.

esoj
19-05-06, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 12:29 AM-->

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn&#39;t exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it. [/b]
maybe because you don&#39;t have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don&#39;t mind really.

sanzar
19-05-06, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by esoj+May 20 2006, 08:45 AM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 12:29 AM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn&#39;t exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.
maybe because you don&#39;t have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don&#39;t mind really. [/b]
I don&#39;t mind the Canes... just don&#39;t want the Crusaders. I didn&#39;t have a team in the NRL GF last year either, but it was great to watch because no one expected either of the teams that made it!

sanzar
20-05-06, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by esoj+May 20 2006, 08:45 AM-->

maybe because you don&#39;t have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don&#39;t mind really. [/b]
I guess we&#39;re both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn&#39;t hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down.

kaftka
20-05-06, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 11:06 AM-->

Originally posted by esoj@May 20 2006, 08:45 AM

maybe because you don&#39;t have a team to watch it seems boring. I would prefer to see the blues wining the comp but so long as a kiwi team wins it I don&#39;t mind really.
I guess we&#39;re both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn&#39;t hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down. [/b]
That&#39;s really clutching at straws... Tides turn very easily in matches... It could be argued that the Canes should have scored at least another try near the end of the match if it weren&#39;t for one mistake by them at scrum time....
There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match. Perhaps last week when they blew their chances to score points, but this week it was the Canes who dominated and had the Tahs ion the back foot....

esoj
20-05-06, 02:38 AM
yeah kaplan made numerous 50/50 calls that went against the canes as well.

Wally
20-05-06, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 01:03 AM
I&#39;m on the verge of rooting for the Bulls for the simple fact that the Canes will host the final.... Meaning I could go and see it!
The Super 14 grand final played infront of barely 30,000 people in wet and windy conditions. That would be unreal.

sanzar
20-05-06, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by kaftka+May 20 2006, 11:15 AM-->

Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 11:06 AM

I guess we&#39;re both biased, but it seemed like they were in a heck of a good position after that penelty and the kick out on the full... but lost the plot through a bad call, in which aparently Kaplan didn&#39;t hear a call from his touch judge that it was the CANES who brought the scrum down.
That&#39;s really clutching at straws... Tides turn very easily in matches... It could be argued that the Canes should have scored at least another try near the end of the match if it weren&#39;t for one mistake by them at scrum time....
There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match. [/b]
Perhaps not... but with that lead, the momentum appeared to be heading back the Tahs way, and there is no denying that it presented a very real chance for them to take control. But as we know, they choked and threw that chance out the window.

kaftka
20-05-06, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by sanzar+May 20 2006, 03:22 PM-->

Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by sanzar@May 20 2006, 11:06 AM

There was no way the Tahs were in enough of a box seat to win this match.
Perhaps not... but with that lead, the momentum appeared to be heading back the Tahs way, and there is no denying that it presented a very real chance for them to take control. But as we know, they choked and threw that chance out the window. [/b]
You can&#39;t really say that they choked.

Two of the best back rows in the competition were facing off, and every ruck was a challenge. From my drunken distorted memory, Masoe had a blinder, and turned the ball over a lot, as did Eaton I think... Not to mention the superb effort at scrum time by the Hurricanes, the entire effort by the Canes forwards was immense. They dominated the Tahs, and that is the reason why they "choked"... When the Tahs got quick ball they looked dangerous. When they got quick ball, they scored their try. The Canes backrow did their best to slow it down within the law, and when they succeeded, they were always there on defense to prevent good metres for the Tahs.
Yes, there was a period where the Tahs dominated, but the Canes put a stop to that rather than the Tahs choking. Maybe we are both biased, but overall the Canes were the dominant team...

...Although you&#39;d expect them to be when the only player in the Tahs backline who played the same place last week was Morgan "girls name" Tubbynui.... Oh and Tuqiri.

Tuqiri had a great game... So dangerous.

sanzar
21-05-06, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 10:29 PM

Tuqiri had a great game... So dangerous.
Tuqiri had a great game, he may all the other three wingers look second class with that performance! The only player capable of tackling him was Umaga.

dobrien7
21-05-06, 12:20 AM
I seriously doubt the Wallabies will miss Sailor now with a back 3 of Tuqiri, Latham and Mitchell, especially the form Lote&#39;s in...

sanzar
21-05-06, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by dobrien7@May 21 2006, 10:20 AM
I seriously doubt the Wallabies will miss Sailor now with a back 3 of Tuqiri, Latham and Mitchell, especially the form Lote&#39;s in...
Well, I personally hope either Hewat or Rogers get Fullback ahead of Latham, but yeah Sailor wasn&#39;t really even in contention for a Wallabies position according to Connolley... Mind you, that doesn&#39;t mean his absence wasn&#39;t damaging for the Tahs.

Wally
21-05-06, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by dobrien7@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn&#39;t even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate.

dobrien7
21-05-06, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Wally+May 21 2006, 03:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn&#39;t even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate. [/b]
Oh didn&#39;t he? Shows my attention towards Oz rugby :P

Who would be the preferred back 3 then?

Ripper
21-05-06, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Wally+May 21 2006, 03:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7@May 21 2006, 11:20 AM
Mitchell didn&#39;t even make the initial Wallaby train on squad mate. [/b]
Then again some no name 31 year old Force hooker made it while 63 test Jeremy Paul didn&#39;t, that squad is BS, I&#39;ll be surprised if he picks a full strength team comprising of players only from that squad.