PDA

View Full Version : rugby league 2 on xbox

woosaah
26-06-06, 02:41 AM
http://www.hes.net/newsite/products/prodin...request=XBXNRL2 (http://www.hes.net/newsite/products/prodinfo.php?pagerequest=XBXNRL2)

new zealand haka, what a copy from ea rugby

though i dont know if i will get this or not, might be interesting

ill c how things go. didnt play it much on pc, might have to hire it and see how it goes aparetnly not to much has changed though

C A Iversen
26-06-06, 03:17 AM
I hope this new Rugbly League on the x-box is going to be better than Rugby League 2 on PS2! :P

woosaah
26-06-06, 03:24 AM
it has to be, its got the haka O.o

Gay-Guy
26-06-06, 03:27 AM
There is always a chance it may be.....heres hoping....

But atm it looks like a very long shot getting close to EA's R2006.....man I can't believe i just typed that.

Did you know that on R2006 you can......damn......I'll show everyone at the comp....lets just say that there is a major secret that not many people know about yet with TRF game.......it is like a big one third of your attacking options that has been kept secret........till you discover it using your imagination!

woosaah
26-06-06, 03:31 AM
you suck gg :D

C A Iversen
26-06-06, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 02:24 PM
it has to be, its got the haka O.o
I hope there's more responsive control of the Rugby being played.

Gay-Guy
26-06-06, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 02:31 PM
you suck gg :D
....once you discover it.......well you know how sometimes on TV they do certain things that you can't emulate on R2006.....well......there are some things that YOU CAN DO with the secret attacking option.....that is all the clues i am giving!!!!!

....so that after a while....R2006 plays out better than real life!

woosaah
26-06-06, 03:45 AM
we are all dead i tell you (have we just hijacked the rugby league 2 on xbox thread to r2006 on xbox torny? that has to be a record)

Gay-Guy
26-06-06, 04:09 AM
Yep......TRF R2006 thread is getting big and it was inevitable that it would spill out everywhere!

dobrien7
26-06-06, 11:44 AM
There's always a gay guy spilling over somewhere isn't there...
this 'new revelation' isn't along the same lines of the other ones is it GG?

Gay-Guy
26-06-06, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 26 2006, 10:44 PM
There's always a gay guy spilling over somewhere isn't there...
this 'new revelation' isn't along the same lines of the other ones is it GG?
.....hahaha.......

...did I tell you I had an interest in psychology and am a bit sad that I neve studied it?

dobrien7
26-06-06, 12:08 PM
Ah the old "Am I lying or aren't I", touche...

Candyman
27-06-06, 01:51 AM
I hope they have simalir controls to the rugby game cause i know i got sick of having to tap a button to make the player sprint

woosaah
27-06-06, 01:58 AM
you will still have 2 do that

though you really only needed 2 tap it 3 times and hold 2 sprint

Candyman
28-06-06, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 27 2006, 12:58 PM
you will still have 2 do that

though you really only needed 2 tap it 3 times and hold 2 sprint
Well that won't be so bad then i can handle that

Cheers for clearing that up

Gay-Guy
28-06-06, 02:35 AM
Tapping buttons..... :lol:

Better things to tap :)

C A Iversen
28-06-06, 11:07 PM
If, and know that this is a big IF, there is more control of the action in the X-Box version, there could be a new game to talk about besides Rugby '06.

There's been six months gone in which they might have tweaked something.

They got critical praise from some quarters with the PS2 version, absurd as that may sound, but the fans have (on this website at least) largely panned it.

There is a chance however that Sidhe may have spent a little time, ironing out some of the fundamental gameplay control flaws which dogged the PS2 and to a lesser degree (apparently) the PC version.

If they have, then the game has the potential to be very good. Behind the flawed gameplay elements were some great features which would easily shine through if the other problems were addressed.

Sadly, as optomistic as I might sound, there a realist in my head saying, "No way. They'll just be releasing the same stuffed up game from last christmas".

But then, what do I know if I've got voices in my head? :P

Gay-Guy
28-06-06, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 10:07 AM
Sadly, as optomistic as I might sound, there a realist in my head saying, "No way. They'll just be releasing the same stuffed up game from last christmas".

:lol:

Could be.....would have to do some radical changes to make this game good....can't see that happening due to their budget.....

.....good that they are givng it a go.....keeps the big players on their toes :bravo:

CeeJay
29-06-06, 12:18 AM
Mario has already said that it plays the same as pc and ps2, so there you go. The steps barges etc hav been moved to the right stcik, which is a good idea, but it wont change the fact that these moves (Bar the ridiculous side step) dont actually work. There has been kit updates an some new animations, but fundamentally the same.

Gay-Guy
29-06-06, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 29 2006, 11:18 AM
Mario has already said that it plays the same as pc and ps2, so there you go. The steps barges etc hav been moved to the right stcik, which is a good idea, but it wont change the fact that these moves (Bar the ridiculous side step) dont actually work. There has been kit updates an some new animations, but fundamentally the same.
Sad....................

I suppose money does buy happiness after all :mellow:

esoj
29-06-06, 01:25 AM
always excepted to happen. there is no way they were going to change the game just for the x-box release. they were simply waiting for the green light to release it. they may have changed a few small things so it runs on the x-box a bit better that would be about it. the game will simply be a port of the one released on pc and ps2 with as I said some tweaks to make it run better on the x-box.

Arnold Rimmer
29-06-06, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Jun 29 2006, 12:25 PM
always excepted to happen. there is no way they were going to change the game just for the x-box release. they were simply waiting for the green light to release it. they may have changed a few small things so it runs on the x-box a bit better that would be about it. the game will simply be a port of the one released on pc and ps2 with as I said some tweaks to make it run better on the x-box.
So no haka then?

Read there were a few changes.... will check this.

Gay-Guy
29-06-06, 03:39 AM
They wil make money from suckers with too much money saying....what sort of game is this????

Therefore they need to sell it in the States.

CeeJay
29-06-06, 04:05 AM
It does hav haka and quite a few other things like animations, kits, updated squads and some online and dislpay related things. But these will not change the fact that it is the gamelpay that it lives and dies on , and it dies big time.

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 04:07 AM
Yes, death to it's gamelpay!

Gay-Guy
29-06-06, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, death to it's gamelpay!
Oh....

....was it ever alive?

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jun 29 2006, 03:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, death to it&#39;s gamelpay!
Oh....

....was it ever alive? [/b]
For a short while, then after 5 minutes it&#39;s pulse got choppy and then it went into a cardiac arrest from which it never came back.

Gay-Guy
29-06-06, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jun 29 2006, 03:20 PM-->

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jun 29 2006, 03:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, death to it&#39;s gamelpay!
Oh....

....was it ever alive?
For a short while, then after 5 minutes it&#39;s pulse got choppy and then it went into a cardiac arrest from which it never came back. [/b]
...and the ambulance driver was too busy playing R2006 with the medical team to respond quickly.

esoj
29-06-06, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer+Jun 29 2006, 03:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Jun 29 2006, 12:25 PM
So no haka then?

Read there were a few changes.... will check this. [/b]
things like a haka are what I put into my small tweaks category. the visuals and a few minor things have been twekaed and updated a bit but the gameplay will stil be exactly like it was on the pc and ps2.

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by esoj+Jun 29 2006, 08:18 PM-->

Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@Jun 29 2006, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Jun 29 2006, 12:25 PM
So no haka then?

Read there were a few changes.... will check this.
things like a haka are what I put into my small tweaks category. the visuals and a few minor things have been twekaed and updated a bit but the gameplay will stil be exactly like it was on the pc and ps2. [/b]
How do you know all this esoj? Try some words like "I&#39;m pretty sure". "I suspect" or "In my opinion".

You may have some solid basis for your opinions, but please stop stating them as fact.

esoj
29-06-06, 09:56 AM
oh really. so is the game suddenly now playable on the x-box. all the gameplay flaws in the ps2 and pc version have been fixed. if the game has changed that much we should all be asking for a patch or something.

the changes for the x-box sound really gameplay changing don&#39;t they

NEW!! XBOX ONLY FEATURES:

Updated uniforms, sponsors and team lists for the 2006 season

All new live in-game player stats

New Zealand Haka

Widescreen television support

so the rosters are up to date. nz haka is in. can play it on widescreen. and as for these new live stats from reading on the rl 2 forums they pop up in cut scenes. worth paying around another $70-80 if you have the ps2 or pc version not likely

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Jun 29 2006, 08:56 PM
oh really. so is the game suddenly now playable on the x-box. all the gameplay flaws in the ps2 and pc version have been fixed. if the game has changed that much we should all be asking for a patch or something.

New Zealand Haka

so the rosters are up to date. nz haka is in. can play it on widescreen. and as for these new live stats from reading on the rl 2 forums they pop up in cut scenes. worth paying around another $70-80 if you have the ps2 or pc version not likely
Yes, really. I never said that anything had changed. In fact it&#39;s quite possible your right. All I said though, was to ask you (nicely) for you to please stop stating even well informed opinion as fact.

You made a conclusive statement about something you don&#39;t know about.

Honestly, if once you can&#39;t admit that it was a little bit of a bad call, then I&#39;ll have to do a neg rep. I&#39;ve never done one, and I&#39;ll only ever do it if I&#39;m sure I&#39;m 100% on an issue.

If you do one to me on this, I&#39;ll see the mods about it being an unfair one.

I&#39;m not trying to bait you or give you a hard time. It&#39;s fairly legitimate of me to say that we can&#39;t go around saying anything for sure about a product when we don&#39;t know 100%. We can all make assertions, but can&#39;t claim to know what we don&#39;t.

I&#39;m not trying to argue, I just think this is an issue that only the publisher can comment on definitively.

Lets be fair.

woosaah
29-06-06, 12:56 PM
fight fight fight fight fight

CeeJay
29-06-06, 01:17 PM
No need to fight, im pretty sure this info has been posted by sidhe so it can be taken as gospel.

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 10:07 PM
Yes, the changes meant can be taken as gospel, Ceejay. :D

But there are minute tweaks to gameplay they could have made that they wouldn&#39;y necessarily tell us about that could make things better.

I admit it&#39;s slightly unlikely. Although I don&#39;t know for sure.

Why wouldn&#39;t they tell us?

Imagine the PR disaster with PS2/PC fans (who&#39;ve already shelled out) , when they read on the packaging "Improved Gameplay".

It just wouldn&#39;t make people happy.

Now......I know it&#39;s still unlikely that they&#39;ve changed it, but it&#39;s not certain yet though.

Thats all I was trying to say. Mr esoj makes a lot of statements of fact in a lot of threads. He doesn&#39;t seem to know phrases like "I suspect", "In my opinion", "I think it&#39;s highly likely" or even "It&#39;s almost certain that..."

He needs to stop talking like he knows all, and start giving opinions like the rest of us.

He&#39;s not always like that, and when he&#39;s not, I personally think he&#39;s a great guy with some well thought out opinions on a lot of things.

esoj
29-06-06, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jun 29 2006, 11:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj@Jun 29 2006, 08:56 PM

New Zealand Haka

Yes, really. I never said that anything had changed. In fact it&#39;s quite possible your right. All I said though, was to ask you (nicely) for you to please stop stating even well informed opinion as fact.

Honestly, if once you can&#39;t admit that it was a little bit of a bad call, then I&#39;ll have to do a neg rep. I&#39;ve never done one, and I&#39;ll only ever do it if I&#39;m sure I&#39;m 100% on an issue.

If you do one to me on this, I&#39;ll see the mods about it being an unfair one.

I&#39;m not trying to bait you or give you a hard time. It&#39;s fairly legitimate of me to say that we can&#39;t go around saying anything for sure about a product when we don&#39;t know 100%. We can all make assertions, but can&#39;t claim to know what we don&#39;t.

I&#39;m not trying to argue, I just think this is an issue that only the publisher can comment on definitively.

Lets be fair. [/b]
I personally think the rep system is a joke and I really don&#39;t care about it anymore.

that info was taken straight off the publishers/developers website so it is not my opinion at all it is the publishers/developers opinion.

there is proabbly a .1% chance that the actual gameplay has changed and if anything else has changed beyond those mentioned surely from a pr point of view they would hype them up a lot more.

I am sorry that if posting information off the publisher/developers website offends you and makes you think that I know all about the game. of course nobody knows until someone tries it but has this ever stopped anyone making comments on any other game on this forum. perhaps this should be made into a rule that you can&#39;t make any comment about a game until you or someone you know have played it. there can&#39;t be 2 sets of rules on this forum one for me and another for everyone else.

C A Iversen
29-06-06, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by esoj+Jun 30 2006, 09:48 AM-->

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 11:20 PM

New Zealand Haka

Lets be fair.
I personally think the rep system is a joke and I really don&#39;t care about it anymore.

that info was taken straight off the publishers/developers website so it is not my opinion at all it is the publishers/developers opinion.

there is proabbly a .1% chance that the actual gameplay has changed and if anything else has changed beyond those mentioned surely from a pr point of view they would hype them up a lot more.

I am sorry that if posting information off the publisher/developers website offends you and makes you think that I know all about the game. of course nobody knows until someone tries it but has this ever stopped anyone making comments on any other game on this forum. perhaps this should be made into a rule that you can&#39;t make any comment about a game until you or someone you know have played it. there can&#39;t be 2 sets of rules on this forum one for me and another for everyone else. [/b]

Well, at least that wasn&#39;t obnoxious. I consider getting you to conceed to even .1% of an issue, any issue, a momentus victory that isn&#39;t likely to be repeated in my lifetime.

I&#39;ll conceed to sounding like I thought there&#39;d be gameplay changes, even though I never actually said there would be. I was hoping, yet realising that it was unlikely.

The rep system isn&#39;t a joke, the scale on which it varies for some individuals is a bit of a joke. Though I can&#39;t argue that Kaftka is more popular than me, or Getofmeland, and there has been the equivalent of vote-buying, I still think it works at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Anyone who has been a member for more than a year, posted a lot and struggled to get to double figures, is obviously not thought well of by most people.

That may not matter to the individual, as those types are the whole "The world is wrong, not me" kind of being.

A neg rep to that kind of person is just "petty" "ill-considered" and "ignorant", as the person who did it is just an "idiot" anyway.

The truth is those kind individuals are jerks, and they just don&#39;t know it, and never will.

woosaah
29-06-06, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by esoj+Jun 30 2006, 10:48 AM-->

New Zealand Haka

Lets be fair.

I am sorry that if posting information off the publisher/developers website offends you and makes you think that I know all about the game. of course nobody knows until someone tries it but has this ever stopped anyone making comments on any other game on this forum. perhaps this should be made into a rule that you can&#39;t make any comment about a game until you or someone you know have played it. there can&#39;t be 2 sets of rules on this forum one for me and another for everyone else. [/b]
just thought i would add something to what CA was saying.

you say you got it from the developers website? you didnt say you did that, and without going there himself he wouldnt have known.

he isnt a mind reader :)

CeeJay
30-06-06, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jun 30 2006, 10:13 AM-->

Originally posted by esoj@Jun 30 2006, 09:48 AM

New Zealand Haka

Lets be fair.

I am sorry that if posting information off the publisher/developers website offends you and makes you think that I know all about the game. of course nobody knows until someone tries it but has this ever stopped anyone making comments on any other game on this forum. perhaps this should be made into a rule that you can&#39;t make any comment about a game until you or someone you know have played it. there can&#39;t be 2 sets of rules on this forum one for me and another for everyone else.

Well, at least that wasn&#39;t obnoxious. I consider getting you to conceed to even .1% of an issue, any issue, a momentus victory that isn&#39;t likely to be repeated in my lifetime.

I&#39;ll conceed to sounding like I thought there&#39;d be gameplay changes, even though I never actually said there would be. I was hoping, yet realising that it was unlikely.

The rep system isn&#39;t a joke, the scale on which it varies for some individuals is a bit of a joke. Though I can&#39;t argue that Kaftka is more popular than me, or Getofmeland, and there has been the equivalent of vote-buying, I still think it works at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Anyone who has been a member for more than a year, posted a lot and struggled to get to double figures, is obviously not thought well of by most people.

That may not matter to the individual, as those types are the whole "The world is wrong, not me" kind of being.

A neg rep to that kind of person is just "petty" "ill-considered" and "ignorant", as the person who did it is just an "idiot" anyway.

The truth is those kind individuals are jerks, and they just don&#39;t know it, and never will. [/b]
Ive been here for more than a year, and I struggled to get 5 good reps, let alone double figures. Now atleast I understand why. :( I hav a worse rep than esoj, never gave a second thought to it, but if its coz no one likes me then im going to hav to go away crying and never come back! :wah:

C A Iversen
30-06-06, 12:14 AM
Well, I hope someone does that, :P ! It&#39;s a travesty of justice that you have that rep.

Come on guys, CeeJay always seems to post interesting, friendly and sometimes just downright informative posts.

He&#39;s the overlooked middle-child!!!! :cryy:

I ask you, is Kaftka really eight times the member?

CeeJay
30-06-06, 12:49 AM
Im just kidding, thanks for the boost iverson, but i dont need any pity reps! Ive always been a kind of invisible member, I wonder if its because i hav no avatar or pictures?

C A Iversen
30-06-06, 01:22 AM
Not a pity rep. Well, deserved. Ok, maybe I shouldn&#39;t give another one for a while, there ya go.

There&#39;s nothing wrong with pity reps. It&#39;s pity sex that no-one wants, eh jose?

Amy Iversen
30-06-06, 01:30 AM
I&#39;ll remember that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kaftka
30-06-06, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 30 2006, 11:14 AM
I ask you, is Kaftka really eight times the member?
:(

I&#39;m very sensitive about my weight...

esoj
30-06-06, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by woosaah+Jun 30 2006, 11:32 AM-->

Originally posted by esoj@Jun 30 2006, 10:48 AM

New Zealand Haka

Lets be fair.

just thought i would add something to what CA was saying.

you say you got it from the developers website? you didnt say you did that, and without going there himself he wouldnt have known.

he isnt a mind reader :) [/b]
hence why i clarified by copy pasting it from the site.

the rep system is a joke. in the early days the like of ripper etc would neg rep me for no good reason at all. and recently I managed to upset the welsh fans who all came out of the woodwork and neg reped me for nothing. I had a -4 rep in the space of about 24hrs or so. the rep system is all about who is the most popular on the forum. I certainly am not for some of the views and opinions I have taken and therefore have a low rep. if you have been here for over a year and don&#39;t have double rep it just means you went against the mainstream of opinion for one and secondly proabbly ****** off a whole group of fans who all neged rep you at once.

Ripper
30-06-06, 04:56 AM
So if you don&#39;t care you won&#39;t mind taking you down to Zero?

And SIDHE are crap.

Arnold Rimmer
30-06-06, 05:26 AM
You&#39;ve become a funny man all of a sudden, Ripper. I&#39;m a fan of your posts.

esoj
30-06-06, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 30 2006, 04:56 PM
So if you don&#39;t care you won&#39;t mind taking you down to Zero?

And SIDHE are crap.
I really wouldn&#39;t care actually. I got over the value of the rep system ages ago.

St Helens RLFC
03-07-06, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Arnold Rimmer@Jun 30 2006, 05:26 AM
I&#39;m a fan of your posts.
It&#39;ll pass. B) ;)

Candyman
07-07-06, 11:54 PM
So back on topic now everyone.....Has anyone got any screen shots of the new game

C A Iversen
12-07-06, 11:07 PM
Righto, anyone know if this game has released on time today? It was supposed to be July 13th. So, is it out yet?

I&#39;m at work and not allowed to go onto too many sites. So someone check out xbox.geek.co.nz they have a VERY accurate release bar down the right hand side.

woosaah
12-07-06, 11:53 PM
another question could be is anyone really interested in getting it on xbox?

EVOL
13-07-06, 01:48 AM
nope

ak47
14-07-06, 03:58 AM
Well the daddy daycare forums @ sidhe are going nuts

All their xmas&#39; have come at once - so it seems

I give it 1 week before the reality check kicks in, and they start slamming.

I feel like I am a sith lord..............knowing the outcome of this title already. :lol:

The only good thing to come of this is more $$ for Sidhe to fix their issues for sequals....well i can only hope

C A Iversen
16-07-06, 01:09 AM
I hear from Candyman that there have been gameplay tweaks. He has played PS2 and XBox now, and has said that he hasn&#39;t made a final opinion on it, but it initially feels like it&#39;s playing better and has some bugs knocked out.

(Come to think of it, having to change the program to put in the haka, differing controller setup and other considerations in the change over would almost certainly lead to gameplay tweaks here and there)

I&#39;m not saying this is a better or more playable version than PS2 (I wouldn&#39;t dare say for sure without having tried myself), I am just intrigued to play for myself this arvo and give you my thoughts later on.

Candyman
16-07-06, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 16 2006, 12:09 PM
I hear from Candyman that there have been gameplay tweaks. He has played PS2 and XBox now, and has said that he hasn&#39;t made a final opinion on it, but it initially feels like it&#39;s playing better and has some bugs knocked out.

(Come to think of it, having to change the program to put in the haka, differing controller setup and other considerations in the change over would almost certainly lead to gameplay tweaks here and there)

I&#39;m not saying this is a better or more playable version than PS2 (I wouldn&#39;t dare say for sure without having tried myself), I am just intrigued to play for myself this arvo and give you my thoughts later on.
Yes C A Iversen is correct, i have played this game a few times now and rate it far better than the PS2 version of the game.

kaftka
16-07-06, 06:54 AM
Woah! Knuck, I didn&#39;t know you were the guy off the Mitre 10 Mega ads!

Candyman
16-07-06, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by kaftka@Jul 16 2006, 05:54 PM
are you tlking about evol

C A Iversen
16-07-06, 08:44 AM
Yes, he is.

On the subject of the Xbox version, I have to say that the gameplay is different to the PS2 version. Do I find it significantly different to make it a better game? Well, it certainly seems so so far.

I may at this stage be influenced by the much better, closer, default camera angle, or the passes going to hand a little better, but I&#39;m going to reserve my final judgement for a few days.

I feel that it still isn&#39;t a patch on Rugby &#39;06, but it plays better than the PS2 version. Defence is still a bit of a shambles, but how much of that is due to me just not being that accurate in selection and targeting of the tackler, I don&#39;t know yet.

I&#39;m not saying these changes are going to set the world on fire, but if it means I can actually play it properly and there are some bug fixes (which there seem to be), then I&#39;m somewhat more happy than I was with my PS2 version.

Dobrien7 and I played a few games this arvo and although the jury is still out on whether it&#39;s 5% better or 20% better, it is still seems better to me.

CeeJay
16-07-06, 11:45 AM
If you could test it on the harder difficulty that would be great iverson, thats where the game really fell apart on the other versions.

C A Iversen
16-07-06, 12:46 PM
Sure, I&#39;ve only really been playing it to see if the control dynamics are better, so far. They appear to be better on attack. Defence is a little different, but mostly the same, with players ice-skating around.

It&#39;s going to take some time, but the inital plus is that I actually feel like putting that time in this time round. So that already tells me it&#39;s slightly better.

Difficulty is soooo subjective that I fear only you will know if you find it better. It will be a little different, judging my the slight changes I&#39;ve seen so far.

Everyone please be aware, at this stage it seems slightly better. Not heaps. I&#39;ll have to keep playing.......

CeeJay
16-07-06, 01:55 PM
On the harder difficulty it becomes impossible to score runnaway tries, thats all i really care about, so if u could try that out for me it would be great. whats it like having step left and step right on the analog?

C A Iversen
16-07-06, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 17 2006, 12:55 AM
On the harder difficulty it becomes impossible to score runnaway tries, thats all i really care about, so if u could try that out for me it would be great. whats it like having step left and step right on the analog?
The stepping part is great. Works well. I can&#39;t score a runaway try on reserve level yet. Give me a day though Ceej.

EVOL
16-07-06, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by kaftka@Jul 16 2006, 05:54 PM
Big Is Good!

Yeah Candy I changed my username from knuck bcoz i was bored with it.

On topic (damn I post alot OFF topic)

This game might warrant a hire from United Video, Ive got a couple UV dollars lying around, got nothing better to do Im still two weeks out from surgery

C A Iversen
16-07-06, 10:02 PM
Still not an awesome game tho, Evol. Improvements are marginal, with the exception of the cool new default camera angle. That is good.

Beware the skatey defence still a biig issue, though can be minimised by not sprinting in defence unless they break the line. (Kind of realistic that really)

I also reckon you look like the Mitre 10 Mega guy, big guy! :lol:

Candyman
16-07-06, 11:20 PM
At the end of the day it was still worth the look and to have a crack at it, I got pretty bored with the first one very easy as you would put 30-40 points on the other team, Where on this one in even school boy mode you would be lucky to score 20 points but this is only playing for prob 7-8 times. I would imagine if you play it more the score line will be different.

Candyman
18-07-06, 01:53 AM
Spent a bit of time playing this last night and have unlocked state of origin its pretty cool

CeeJay
19-07-06, 12:57 AM
I just had a couple of games down at the local gamesman, and I hav to say that it does feel different. It seems that passes arent as erratic, player control is more fluid, and the steps and shoulder charge are great on analog. I will hav to reserve judgement until ive played it on legend and league god.

Has anyone used the cheat to disable the button bash sprint? This could make a difference.

C A Iversen
19-07-06, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 19 2006, 11:57 AM
I just had a couple of games down at the local gamesman, and I hav to say that it does feel different. It seems that passes arent as erratic, player control is more fluid, and the steps and shoulder charge are great on analog. I will hav to reserve judgement until ive played it on legend and league god.

Has anyone used the cheat to disable the button bash sprint? This could make a difference.
Not yet, but it could.

Glad someone else has tried it. It&#39;s not heaps better, but it is definitely more playable.

CeeJay
20-07-06, 03:14 AM
Been testing it all day on legend, and its bad again once you up the difficulty. The cheat makes little difference.

Arnold Rimmer
20-07-06, 04:12 AM
Is this game still good for the general boobs, such as myself, who couldn&#39;t outplay or outwit a five year old?

CeeJay
21-07-06, 07:49 AM
After extensive play on legend, I hav to say i am enjoying it. The scores are ridiculously low, but its a challenge. Most games end 0, 0 6,6 or 6 nil, its strange but its fun. Still lots of the old probs.

woosaah
22-07-06, 08:01 AM
what time limit are you playing on? maybe play longer games or something?

CeeJay
22-07-06, 12:19 PM
10 minute games, any longer and its taking up 2 much of my life. On the pc version i played the same tim limit and scores were alot higher.

sanzar
22-07-06, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 21 2006, 05:49 PM
After extensive play on legend, I hav to say i am enjoying it. The scores are ridiculously low, but its a challenge. Most games end 0, 0 6,6 or 6 nil, its strange but its fun. Still lots of the old probs.
If the scores are too low with that time limit adjust the sliders to increase tackle breaks... that should free it up a bit.

C A Iversen
22-07-06, 11:38 PM
Hey Sanzar, you&#39;ll be emjoying the fact that its a little better wontcha? Or are you a PS2 only man? :)

sanzar
23-07-06, 12:14 AM
Nah, I&#39;m a multiplatformer... got a solid PC, PS2 and an XBOX. I actually sold my PS2 version to get it on PC, cause of how much better it was on PC. Have you played all 3 versions? Is the XBOX version a step up from the PC one?

CeeJay
23-07-06, 12:59 AM
I hav both, and am enjoying xbox ATM. Havent touched PC for months, and probably wont again.

sanzar
23-07-06, 01:51 AM
So the XBOX version is better than the PC one is it? Obviously it wouldn&#39;t be graphically better, but what improvements are there?

CeeJay
23-07-06, 03:27 AM
It seems smoother, defence works better, and the special moves on the analog stick make a huge difference. Its still the same game at heart but I like this version better. The pc controls were so bad that its good to hav normal controls. The cheat to disable the button bashing makes it more bearable too.

Candyman
23-07-06, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 23 2006, 02:27 PM
It seems smoother, defence works better, and the special moves on the analog stick make a huge difference. Its still the same game at heart but I like this version better. The pc controls were so bad that its good to hav normal controls. The cheat to disable the button bashing makes it more bearable too.
Is there cheats for this game, I have played both versions PS2 and Xbox which the Xbox version is far better i would never play the PS2 version again

C A Iversen
25-07-06, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Candyman+Jul 24 2006, 10:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@Jul 23 2006, 02:27 PM
Is there cheats for this game, I have played both versions PS2 and Xbox which the Xbox version is far better i would never play the PS2 version again [/b]
Now that your kicking out that lazy lummox out of your house, you&#39;ll be able to relax and enjoy your Rugby League 2.

Unlocked anything else, Candyman?

Also, whats your team? Or undecided yet?

woosaah
25-07-06, 12:42 AM
parramatta are good :)

cheat codes for xbox found here

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=20536

St Helens RLFC
25-07-06, 09:20 AM
Thank god most of the people who came here from that board went back!

woosaah
25-07-06, 11:25 AM
yeah luckily i came from this board and went there right? :)

Candyman
26-07-06, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jul 25 2006, 11:38 AM-->

Originally posted by Candyman@Jul 24 2006, 10:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay@Jul 23 2006, 02:27 PM
Is there cheats for this game, I have played both versions PS2 and Xbox which the Xbox version is far better i would never play the PS2 version again
Now that your kicking out that lazy lummox out of your house, you&#39;ll be able to relax and enjoy your Rugby League 2.

Unlocked anything else, Candyman?

Also, whats your team? Or undecided yet? [/b]
Well my team has always been the bronco&#39;s, Which you beat me 6-0 with your beloved Sharks.

I have unlocked the following

State of origin
Tri Nations
City vs Country
2004 NRL Highlights
2004 Super league highlights
Cheerleaders video clip

So as you can see i am enjoying this game.

CeeJay
26-07-06, 12:03 PM
I just returned my copy for a full refund, its definately a better game, but i still feel like im fighting it rather thn playing it. Not worth 80 dollars.

woosaah
02-08-06, 02:38 AM
These cheats are activated by entering them as a player name in the Player Editor screen:

"RSI"
Easy aggression

"FORCE BACK"
Handover on every tackle

"BEANS & EGGS"
Gale force wind

"SPOT THE BALL"
Invisiball

"COFFEECOFFEECOFFEE!"
Super speed

"TIL THE COWS COME HOME"
Unlimited time

** Player Deformation Cheats **

"ILL BE BACK"
Mighty guns

"BABY GOT BACK"
Spare tyre

"VOODOO CHILD"
Small heads

"DIB"
Big Heads

"TOO MUCH PIZZA"
Fatties

-----------------------------------

This cheat is activated by entering it as a manager name when playing Franchise mode:

"SOMBRERO"
$100 000 000 Salary Cap

they are the current cheats if anyone wants to know

woosaah
31-08-06, 12:21 AM
These cheats are activated by entering them as a player name in the Player Editor screen:

"RSI"
Easy aggression

"FORCE BACK"
Handover on every tackle

"BEANS & EGGS"
Gale force wind

"SPOT THE BALL"
Invisiball

"COFFEECOFFEECOFFEE!"
Super speed

"MAYBE THERE IS A SPOON"
Disable slow-motion kicking

"TIL THE COWS COME HOME"
Unlimited time

"FREE CANDY"
Persuasive Manager (Players in Franchise mode will accept *any* contract you offer)

"SIDHESPISPOPD"
Perfect simulation cheat (Always win simulated matches in Franchise mode)

** Player Deformation Cheats **

"ILL BE BACK"
Mighty guns

"BABY GOT BACK"
Spare tyre

"VOODOO CHILD"
Small heads

"DIB"
Big Heads

"TOO MUCH PIZZA"
Fatties

"TOO LITTLE PIZZA"
Skinnies

"YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY"
Big Hands

"LARD IS TASTY"
Fatties 2

-----------------------------------

These cheats are activated by entering them as a manager name when playing Franchise mode:

"SOMBRERO"
$100 000 000 Salary Cap

"SUGAR DADDY"
Unlimited funding

*UPTDATED*