PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League 3

getofmeland
23-02-07, 11:54 PM
So come on what do people think are the possibilities of a next gen version of Rugby League Series, I know there has been a lot of talk about it but nothing confirmed about it...

So do you think it will happen??

melon
24-02-07, 02:58 AM
I'd say they will make another Rugby League game, but not until atleast next year.

I'd really like to see a world cup feature in it so that the minnow nations can get some exposure. The players from those countries would really get a kick out of having computerised versions of them hehe and to a certain extent, i think it would promote the game. Bring it on i say!

getofmeland
24-02-07, 08:33 AM
How Many Rugby League Nations are there now??

O'Rothlain
24-02-07, 02:26 PM
Something like 2 I think?

Sorry...sarcasm.
Click Here for a Full List of Nations! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league#Rugby_League_playing_nations)
Online play would be cool...same goes for Rugby 08.

woosaah
26-02-07, 11:33 PM
well online play would be good if its better than the online play from the last game. but there wasnt really a market for online play imo, its not that big a title.

I dont even know if they will make a rugby league 3. is it worth them doing it again? are they making enough money out of 1 and 2? i woudlnt be surprised if there wasnt one :)

ak47
26-02-07, 11:44 PM
even if we do see it

i wont buy it without renting

they are on 3 strikes

stick to MCC - thats quality

woosaah
27-02-07, 10:10 PM
like i said, i am not holding my breath

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpos...mp;postcount=15 (http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=634808&postcount=15)

esoj
28-02-07, 01:32 AM
next-gen costs money and sidhe aren't exactly huge so would need big backing from a publisher to do so. also the ps3 is not even out yet in aus/nz etc which would defintely be a target for sidhe I would think since the success of gripshift on the psp especially.

I am sure another league game would be made but defintly not when the next-gen consoles aren't yet out everywhere in the targert markets. whether or not that means a 2008 version which includes the world cup remains to be seen.

woosaah
28-02-07, 02:10 AM
i dont think ps3 is a big issue for sidhe, they have already ported grip**** from psp to ps3 so i dont think it would be a huge effort for them to port the engine to ps3 for league. just having the money and the time to make all the highdef textures might be a bit of a mission. also their engine might be shown up a bit graphics wise if it isnt done properly.

esoj
28-02-07, 06:27 AM
yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.

Radman
28-02-07, 08:56 AM
yes they would have to improve the engine a great deal to bring it up to nex-gen specs. and I think the ps3 is a big deal for league because it will mean more sales and therefore money. the ps3 isn't out yet in a lot of their target markets for a league game so I doubt we would see one this year but perhaps an outside chance next year with it being the world cup if not then 2009 would be the year we see a league game if sidhe are still keen.
[/b]
They should be keen, the League series is only their biggest seller.

I just hope they can get the backing to put out one last game sooner for PS2 and PC so we don't have to wait another two or three years for a next gen version.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
28-02-07, 09:20 AM
all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...

knowsleyroader
28-02-07, 09:33 AM
all i hope for is a quality playable game....come on mario im sure its not that hard...
[/b]

RL2 is testement that SIDHE struggle with benchmarks such as quality and playable. Sidhe wernt up to last gen never mind next gen.

THE CHIROPRACTOR101
02-03-07, 12:25 PM
well...r.i.p rl games then

melon
02-03-07, 09:30 PM
Maybe they should have one more crack at it, hopefully it'd be a case of 3rd time lucky.

St Helens RLFC
02-03-07, 09:41 PM
Lot of work to be done, it must be said. I tried having another go at it the other week and I found it nigh on unplayable...

knowsleyroader
05-03-07, 07:47 AM
RL1 was far better than RL2 IMHO. If you ask me, gameplay was definately second to graphics, online and franchise. Again IMHO that was a huge mistake that im surprised SIDHE needed to learn.

I thought RL1 was an amazing product considering the development time and probably small budget. I had big, big hopes for RL2. That it seems was my mistake.

I would prefer the development on Ea Rugby to go on gameplay rather than adding the groundbreaking back of the box features like " Real time grass growing ".

dobrien7
05-03-07, 08:33 AM
Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing...

melon
05-03-07, 08:36 AM
Am yet to play a decent league game, and as a fan of the code that's disappointing... [/b]

I agree, but if you consider the popularity of league and the money it would cost to produce a very good league game, i might not be that cost effective as a result of sales. Then again, it couldn't cost too much to develop i guess.

One day we'll get something half decent. By then TRF will be a huge influence in the rugby world :P

goranski
11-03-07, 05:12 AM
if they make this game i just hope they'll have a version for American consoles - which won't happen - however i'll buy the pc version if there is one - the last two were good IMO

melon
11-03-07, 05:34 AM
if they make this game i just hope they'll have a version for American consoles - which won't happen - however i'll buy the pc version if there is one - the last two were good IMO [/b]

Just buy an australian console and a power adaptor :)

goranski
11-03-07, 05:44 AM
hmmm...if it's allowed - i know there's some strange rules out there with buying videogames from overseas - i don't think i can buy any from Amazon from the UK...

melon
11-03-07, 09:54 AM
Well I'd reckon if you legitimately paid for it and got it from a legit source then it would be fine?

I suppose they might be trying to keep an NTSC standard in the USA, as opposed to Australia's PAL, but whoever are the big bad gate keepers for these supposed rules, I don't think they could tell by looking at it.

Anyway, I'm pretty damn sure if you were to buy a playstation or xbox from Australia or NZ or England or wherever, it would be 100% safe to do so.

goranski
11-03-07, 03:56 PM
might see if it's feasible - until then hopefully rugby 07 will come out in USA format like the previous ones...

melon
11-03-07, 09:18 PM
might see if it's feasible - until then hopefully rugby 07 will come out in USA format like the previous ones... [/b]

There is no Rugby 2007! There is only Rugby 2008 :)

goranski
12-03-07, 02:19 AM
huh? not according to the people that will be selling it...it will still be 07...sorry...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Ru...9018859-3543660 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Rugby-Xbox-360/dp/B000NG1L86/ref=pd_rhf_p_2/026-9018859-3543660)

woosaah
12-03-07, 02:35 AM
http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=15436#

post #1

hb-studios have confirmed that they are working on rugby 08.

Though www.hb-studios.com/games does not show it now, every now and again it tells you that it is.

goranski
12-03-07, 02:43 AM
ok...so why is rugby 07 gonna be on sale from amazon....why not call it by the right name and try to coordinate things a bit...so does this mean we are gonna be a fall game and maddenize everything...great...

woosaah
13-03-07, 09:08 PM
by the looks of it amazon have the name of the game wrong.

melon
17-03-07, 02:11 PM
huh? not according to the people that will be selling it...it will still be 07...sorry...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Ru...9018859-3543660 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Rugby-Xbox-360/dp/B000NG1L86/ref=pd_rhf_p_2/026-9018859-3543660) [/b]

Amazon are idiots, and as woosah said they have got it wrong, and as i said previously: there is no Rugby 2007!

This is a thread for Rugby League 3...hang your head in shame for mentioning Rugby 2007 goranski :P

goranski
18-03-07, 04:55 PM
i didn't make an issue of it...merely mentioned it

vincebrandao
27-03-07, 10:06 AM
No problem to play a rugby game with the PS 3 console because there is no zone with the blue ray. Now we doesn't care about PAL or NTSC.

Rockstar
03-08-07, 12:12 PM
I hope Rugby League 3 is an awesome game and teaches EA a few things about putting effort into develpoing their games and not just about making money all the time. Rugby 08 had so much potential but EA seemed to was their 2 years of developing.

melon
03-08-07, 01:40 PM
I hope Rugby League 3 is an awesome game and teaches EA a few things about putting effort into develpoing their games and not just about making money all the time. Rugby 08 had so much potential but EA seemed to was their 2 years of developing.

[/b]
Rugby League 3 is going to be a magnificent f*** up of a game which will ultimately leave RU and RL fans the world over being laughed at by games developers because we keep buying their bull**** games.

Radman
03-08-07, 01:42 PM

[/b]

Well by the time Rugby League 3 comes out if EA keeps making Rugby games they should be up to at least 2010 by the time Rugby League 3 comes out because HES, the rights owners aren't interested in making a game on next gen consoles unless the user base is big enough which won't be for some time to come, so unless someone else can pick up the rights and knock up a decent effort in a couple years we won't be getting no Rugby League 3 for some time which sucks balls.

Candyman
03-08-07, 10:58 PM
I personally think that would be great they should try create it like rugby game which i think would make game play a little easier.

stazi
05-08-07, 12:25 PM
as much as I'd love RL3 game, I'm afriad that it'd be subject to the same treatment as RL1 and 2: too many bugs

ak47
09-08-07, 06:16 AM
EA's Rugby franchise illustrates how below par Sidhe are at making games.

even if RL3 makes an appearance on whatever gen it wants.

Rugby 2005 will be more playable than any future edition of Rugby League from Sidhe, until 2023...........by that time in 2023, EA's Union will be like Madden - so again Sidhe are just not up to scratch

When you look at your options - there is no decision to make - EA's series is by far better and more playable, despite the sport codes similarities.

melon
09-08-07, 06:29 AM
<div class='quotemain'> I hope Rugby League 3 is an awesome game and teaches EA a few things about putting effort into develpoing their games and not just about making money all the time. Rugby 08 had so much potential but EA seemed to was their 2 years of developing.

[/b]
Rugby League 3 is going to be a magnificent f*** up of a game which will ultimately leave RU and RL fans the world over being laughed at by games developers because we keep buying their bull**** games. [/b][/quote]
Just thought I&#39;d provide my insight from 3rd August again.

rugbypassion
29-08-07, 06:53 AM
I reckon EA should make a Rugby League game. The gameplay of the EA Rugby series is stacks better than that of RL1 and RL2. This would probably also be fairly easy for EA as they have already created Rugby 08 and could base much of the Rugby League gameplay on that.

melon
29-08-07, 08:14 AM
It&#39;s not financially viable for EA to produce, so its not going to happen!

goranski
01-09-07, 05:04 PM
damnit!

they should make one anyway though, it would have great potential if a decent amount of money was thrown at it and marketed correctly

i know alot of my friends have had trouble grasping the EA RU gameplay and would easily adjust to a RL game :cheers: which is closer to :fb:

Radman
01-09-07, 10:09 PM
There won&#39;t be a Rugby League 3 until 2010 at the earliest it seems as they are now working on the Speed Racer movie game due out sometime next year.

nz0003
02-09-07, 01:52 AM
Ive been lookin foward to rugby league 3 for ages

Radman
02-09-07, 01:59 AM
Make sure you get on their site and post all of the things you want done better in RL3 so when it does eventually get announced as in development they can cooperate with us and make the game alot better than the last effort.

woosaah
04-09-07, 01:26 AM
the chances of that of course are slim to none.

Radman
04-09-07, 03:43 AM
For the next couple of years anyway...

Prince EWS
05-09-07, 08:41 AM
It&#39;ll come. It won&#39;t be soon though.

esoj
10-09-07, 12:14 AM
as I understand it HES have exclusive rights for another few years on the licenses etc so EA can&#39;t really do anything for a few years yet unless they do it without offical licenses which isn&#39;t really the EA way. Sidhe don&#39;t seem keen on doing rl 3 yet due to a poor userbase in the next gen consoles. perhaps though in another year or so they may look at it again and other projects like speed racer will give them capital to invest in next-gen development. EA have risen to the challenge and are getting there with the rugby series hopefully if Sidhe do another league game they too can rise to the challenge.

gazza74
14-09-07, 07:24 AM
I dont see why they shouldnt release a RL 3 as it has been 2 nearly 3 years since the last release plus it was a huge sucess in the major countries that play the sport.
Seeing that Sidhe are the only that have TRIED to make a rugby league game i think the have done a superb job (for a kiwi company!) and if they do make a 3rd it will only be better than the 2nd.

ps. the online mode will DEFINETLY have to be re done as that part of the game was a HUGE let down for me....eg not being able to change time limits being the major one.

pieguyfly
16-09-07, 09:18 AM
Wud be good...but gonna hav to wait a year or 2 so mor ppl will get next gen consoles.

edx
05-10-07, 05:23 AM
A pity we have to wait so long but that should mean it will be good.

melon
05-10-07, 01:21 PM
A pity we have to wait so long but that should mean it will be good. [/b]
Haha don&#39;t count on it being that much better than the previous two.

I hope as much as you that it is, but quite simply its not going to be that much of a step up better. I seriously hope I get proven wrong!

DireAustralia
09-10-07, 08:39 AM
SIDHE? I have no idea what they&#39;re doing with Rugby League 3 but everything in at a stopped motion. Would take at least 18 months for them to create something.

09-10-07, 10:21 AM
Ive been lookin foward to rugby league 3 for ages [/b] well don&#39;t hold your breath and keep looking forward! lol

MOGW
13-10-07, 03:10 AM
does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos?

melon
13-10-07, 03:31 AM
does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
SIDHE has the licencing rights to the Jerseys and Logos etc of the NRL, ESL, ARL and NZRL.

Mario
23-10-07, 02:29 AM
<div class='quotemain'> does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
SIDHE has the licencing rights to the Jerseys and Logos etc of the NRL, ESL, ARL and NZRL.
[/b][/quote]

No, Sidhe don&#39;t have the rights to any licenses. HES do.

woosaah
23-10-07, 02:59 AM
damn, saw a post from mario in this forum and i thought there was an update :)

oh well

thanks mario.. i think :)

Radman
23-10-07, 03:28 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

You can tell us here Mario, we won&#39;t tell. ;):P

melon
24-10-07, 08:17 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> does rugby league have the lisences to the teams real jerseys and logos? [/b]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
My bad, I was just meaning that the game had the licenses.

mknell
28-10-07, 12:41 PM
Its a shame they won&#39;t be beinging out #3 for a while

Denis Hoctor
07-02-08, 05:08 AM
How long is awhile? Really loved the league games even though I&#39;m a Union man

Strat
06-04-08, 03:50 PM
a 3rd gen edition would be fantastic

soto14
06-04-08, 05:11 PM
So come on what do people think are the possibilities of a next gen version of Rugby League Series, I know there has been a lot of talk about it but nothing confirmed about it...

So do you think it will happen??
[/b]

Is there a Rugby League PC game? What is the name of it?

rodri_arg91
07-04-08, 03:42 PM
Is there a Rugby League PC game? What is the name of it?
[/b]

Yeah, there are two games so far, both by Sidhe Interactive: "Rugby League" and "Rugby League 2"

jeffb
07-04-08, 04:16 PM
And EA Sports ARL, bout 1996ish

St Helens RLFC
07-04-08, 10:40 PM
LMAO!

I still have that game as well. Dummy half, to stand off, to centre, to wing, to try.

Those were the days!

candybum
07-04-08, 10:50 PM
Is that the same game where you can run through the entire opposition team with one player? lol

melon
08-04-08, 04:05 AM
Don&#39;t forget ET&#39;s Rugby League back in 1992

read a bit about it here
http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=http%3A...php%3Fid%3D2064 (http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php%3Fid%3D2064)

deadlydemon
18-06-08, 03:33 AM
This game can definitely be good, just need to iron out annoying bugs, and bring the graphics and animations up a notch. If they do that, then it will be a must buy for me.

candybum
21-06-08, 02:04 PM
yes at www.earugbyleague3demo.com

Duckett
04-08-08, 08:08 AM
i wish every one would stop talking about rl3 and till they release info on it cause untill then it aint happening

Bullitt
04-08-08, 09:40 AM
i wish every one would stop talking about rl3 and till they release info on it cause untill then it aint happening [/b]

If you don&#39;t like it, don&#39;t read the threads.