PDA

View Full Version : which club will win the heineken cup?

lexave333
27-09-07, 02:17 PM
hello!
In my opinion toulouse will win the h cup it will be difficult to beat them with kelleher!
stade franšais, biarritz, munster, leicester, wasps and clermont are good challengers.

dullonien
27-09-07, 02:33 PM
Gonna go for a Welsh team............. I just have to!

Ospreys or Blues.

Blues are looking mighty strong at the moment, but the Ospreys are gonna be a team and a half when the internationals return (as well as Holah). I'm gonna back the O's.

Cymrurugbyfan
01-10-07, 09:46 PM
I'm gonna be boring and say Stade Francais. Too much class and an easy pool will see them through. I hope Llanelli can at least make it through their pool though :)

SportingNonsense
04-10-07, 12:42 AM
Hopefully the Ospreys but if not then either another Welsh or Irish team.

stormmaster1
04-10-07, 11:15 AM
hello!
In my opinion toulouse will win the h cup it will be difficult to beat them with kelleher!
stade franšais, biarritz, munster, leicester, wasps and clermont are good challengers.
[/b]

Got to agree with that. I'd add in Llaelli as well, as they are starting to show good European pedigree with some great performances last year. Although Glos and Ospreys wil be touted, they are a little too inexperienced i think so won't go all the way. I don't think Wasps will do it again, and i'm unsure of how TIgers will be without Jennings and a new coach.

i'll be very surprised if the winner is not either Leicester or one of the big 3 French teams.

Prestwick
04-10-07, 11:18 AM
Saracens without a shadow of a doubt!

...what? Why are you all looking at me like that?!

Cymro
04-10-07, 11:23 AM
Blues, Ospreys, Stade, Toulouse, Munster/ Leinster and Gloucster

snoopy snoopy dog dog
04-10-07, 11:25 AM
Gloucester could surprise a few this year. They should be good enough to top a pool also containing Bourgoin, Ulster and Ospreys. They have class and depth all over the field. Last year was a learning experience for them yet they still finished top of the Guinness Premiership League standings. This year they've added the likes of Jeremy Paul, Lesley Vainikolo, Akapusi Qera, Chris Paterson and Leon Lloyd to an impressive group of players. I fancy them to make at least the semi finals.

stormmaster1
05-10-07, 01:02 PM
Gloucester could surprise a few this year. They should be good enough to top a pool also containing Bourgoin, Ulster and Ospreys. They have class and depth all over the field. Last year was a learning experience for them yet they still finished top of the Guinness Premiership League standings. This year they've added the likes of Jeremy Paul, Lesley Vainikolo, Akapusi Qera, Chris Paterson and Leon Lloyd to an impressive group of players. I fancy them to make at least the semi finals. [/b]

I agree. they are a very good side, lots of good players. I just don't think they have the pack to go all the way. Beat some good sides: yes. Win their pool: yes. Win the cup: i doubt it.

ryushenkitano
05-10-07, 03:29 PM
Biarritz of course!

grebeo
07-10-07, 01:30 PM
I think stade franšais Paris win th H cup de team this year will be exceptional

nainbot
10-10-07, 04:56 PM
Go stade toulousain go !! the best european club will win !

dobbin252
15-10-07, 08:37 PM
I watched Scarlets against Toulouse last year in Toulouse and Scarlets are one of the best looking teams to watch with attacking players everywhere. From what I read about their recent 50 points in Leinster recently I tip them to go far. Looking in France Perpignan have the first line to be one big threat but have no squad deepness in quality.

djblue
19-10-07, 02:35 PM
teams like ospreys, glos, scarlets, i'll throw in sale aswell as ones to watch

but i'd say stade

gilesismoody
19-10-07, 07:46 PM
Wasps all the way! LOL

Cymrurugbyfan
19-10-07, 08:20 PM
teams like ospreys, glos, scarlets, i'll throw in sale aswell as ones to watch

but i'd say stade [/b]

Sale are in the challenge cup, unless you actually meant that?

viper
19-10-07, 11:05 PM
Stade Toulousain hi hope !

Warriors#1
19-10-07, 11:25 PM
Saracens without a shadow of a doubt!

...what? Why are you all looking at me like that?!
[/b]

Because Glasgow are in the same group! lol

Get In Lads!
20-10-07, 02:03 AM
Hey lads, with this tournament kicking off in a few weeks time, are we going to be doing a 'The Rugby Forum Fantasy Heineken Cup 07/08'?

ikvat
20-10-07, 10:54 AM
I wish Clermont do it, but Toulouse seems monstrous this year.

nam97
20-10-07, 10:59 AM
Toulouse will/should win. On that subject, who will be the starting half back? Ellisalde or Kelleher? I'd pick Ellisalde judging by the recent RWC form.
Toulouse have an awesome centers pairing with Fritz and Jauzion, and the loosies are brilliant especially with Dusautoir who's a beast. I hope they win.

snoopy snoopy dog dog
20-10-07, 07:25 PM
Toulouse will/should win. On that subject, who will be the starting half back? Ellisalde or Kelleher? I'd pick Ellisalde judging by the recent RWC form.
Toulouse have an awesome centers pairing with Fritz and Jauzion, and the loosies are brilliant especially with Dusautoir who's a beast. I hope they win. [/b]
They are a very talented side. I worry about their flyhalf though. Gaffie Du Toit is a woeful player and their backup Mathieu Belie is an unproven 19 year old. That could prove to be their downfall. Perhaps they would have been better off investing in a new 10 rather than Byron Kelleher since they already had a world class scrumhalf on their books in Ellisalde.

stormmaster1
22-10-07, 12:30 PM
<div class='quotemain'> Toulouse will/should win. On that subject, who will be the starting half back? Ellisalde or Kelleher? I&#39;d pick Ellisalde judging by the recent RWC form.
Toulouse have an awesome centers pairing with Fritz and Jauzion, and the loosies are brilliant especially with Dusautoir who&#39;s a beast. I hope they win. [/b]
They are a very talented side. I worry about their flyhalf though. Gaffie Du Toit is a woeful player and their backup Mathieu Belie is an unproven 19 year old. That could prove to be their downfall. Perhaps they would have been better off investing in a new 10 rather than Byron Kelleher since they already had a world class scrumhalf on their books in Ellisalde.
[/b][/quote]

2 world class no 9s is never too much, especially given the structure of the club season. And besides they have world class Freddie "cosistent performer" michalak at no10. Oh, i see your point.

snoopy snoopy dog dog
22-10-07, 01:28 PM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Toulouse will/should win. On that subject, who will be the starting half back? Ellisalde or Kelleher? I&#39;d pick Ellisalde judging by the recent RWC form.
Toulouse have an awesome centers pairing with Fritz and Jauzion, and the loosies are brilliant especially with Dusautoir who&#39;s a beast. I hope they win. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

2 world class no 9s is never too much, especially given the structure of the club season. And besides they have world class Freddie "cosistent performer" michalak at no10. Oh, i see your point.

[/b][/quote]
Signing Kelleher isn&#39;t the problem but it didn&#39;t address an area of need. If it came down to a choice between a world class scrumhalf and world class 10, I think they made the wrong decision. That&#39;s not a slight against Kelleher who&#39;ll do a great job.

Michalak has signed for the Sharks for next season. If they can bring in Stephen Larkham, Toulouse will look extremely hard to beat bt until then, they&#39;ve a weak spot at their pivotal position.

Sir Speedy
22-10-07, 04:15 PM
LLANELLI WILL DESTROY ALL YOU&#39;S!! :rahh: :rahh: :rahh: :rahh: :rahh: :rahh:

M Two One
22-10-07, 04:18 PM
To be honest with all of you, I think it is too early to say who will win it all since we haven&#39;t even been able to see some of the powerhouse teams at full strength due to the World Cup. However, I&#39;m going to make my Pool Stages predictions now:

Pool 1
Perpignan
Newport Gwent Dragons
London Irish
Benetton Treviso

Pool 2
Gloucester Rugby
Ulster
Ospreys
Bourgoin-Jallieu

Pool 3
Cardiff Blues
Stade Franšais
Harlequins
Bristol Rugby

Pool 4
Biarritz Olympique
Saracens
Rugby Viadana
Glasgow Warriors

Pool 5
Clermont Auvergne
London Wasps
Munster
Llanelli Scarlets

Pool 6
Toulouse
Leicester Tigers
Leinster
Edinburgh Rugby

Pool 5 was very difficult to choose. That is going to be one insane group with every match being a possible &#39;one of the best ever.&#39; I&#39;m really looking forward to it as well as Biarritz against Saracens in late November and Toulouse against Leicester in early December.

ikvat
22-10-07, 04:23 PM
Pool 5
Clermont Auvergne
London Wasps
Munster
Llanelli Scarlets

Wow, what a pool! :blink:

stormmaster1
23-10-07, 08:53 AM
It will be interesting to see which teams go through as runners-up. Tigers/Toulouse could get one as home/away wins against Leinster and Edinburgh aren&#39;t out of the question. pool 5 i think won&#39;t provide a runner-up, as most likely all sides will lose 1 match and the runners up 2. pool 3 and 4 both look good to provide a runner up if the sides with less HC experience suffer.

Sir Speedy
23-10-07, 09:17 AM
Pool 5
Clermont Auvergne
London Wasps
Munster
Llanelli Scarlets

[/b]
YOU LIE :cryy: :cryy:

:P

dullonien
23-10-07, 09:55 AM
I&#39;ll give this a go aswell.

Pool 1
Newport Gwent Dragons
Perpignan
London Irish
Benetton Treviso

Pool 2
Ospreys
Gloucester Rugby
Ulster
Bourgoin-Jallieu

Pool 3
Cardiff Blues
Stade Franšais
Harlequins
Bristol Rugby

Pool 4
Biarritz Olympique
Saracens
Glasgow Warriors
Rugby Viadana

Pool 5
Llanelli Scarlets
London Wasps
Clermont Auvergne
Munster

Pool 6
Leicester Tigers
Toulouse
Leinster
Edinburgh Rugby

Ok, mayb that won&#39;t be how the pools will stand. I do honestly believe Ospreys and Blues will make it through this year, and Scarlets group can go to any of them. Dragons, with a couple of excellent games have a chance, being in the easiest group could mean runners up will be good enough.

What do the other Welsh posters think? How many Welsh regions through this year? I say 2, Ospreys and Blues.

stormmaster1
24-10-07, 08:41 AM
Pool 1
Perpignan

Newport Gwent Dragons
London Irish
Benetton Treviso

Pool 2
Ospreys
Ulster

Gloucester Rugby
Bourgoin-Jallieu

Pool 3
Stade Franšais

Cardiff Blues
Harlequins
Bristol Rugby

Pool 4
Biarritz Olympique
Saracens
Glasgow Warriors
Rugby Viadana

Pool 5
Llanelli Scarlets

Munster
Clermont Auvergne
London Wasps

Pool 6
Toulouse
Leicester Tigers
Leinster
Edinburgh Rugby

runners up through will be Leicester and Sarries. interestingly this could be the toughest year for Munster yet, especially given the performance of some of their key players in the Ireland squad. i think the 3 teams most likely to finish top of their group are Stade, Perpignan and Biarritz.

Sir Speedy
24-10-07, 10:01 AM
To Dullonien

Pool 1
Perpignan (After all, they were the only team to beat the Wasps last year ;) )

London Irish
Newport Gwent Dragons
Benetton Treviso

Pool 2
Ospreys
Gloucester Rugby
Ulster
Bourgoin-Jallieu

Pool 3
Stade Franšais

Cardiff Blues
Harlequins
Bristol Rugby

Pool 4
Biarritz Olympique
Saracens

Glasgow Warriors
Rugby Viadana

Pool 5
Llanelli Scarlets

London Wasps
Clermont Auvergne
Munster

Pool 6
Leicester Tigers
Toulouse

Leinster
Edinburgh Rugby

I think the Ospreys and the Scarlets (due to bias :P) will get through. I have a feeling the Blues will mess up again against Stade in the Arms Park and I think Bristol MAY be too hard for them away.
As for the Dragons, this is a team that struggled to beat Calvisano earlier this year to qualify. I&#39;d like them to go through, but I seriously doubt it.

Sir Speedy
24-10-07, 10:18 AM
Ahh sorry, in Pool 3 Bristol and Harlequins switch places!

dullonien
24-10-07, 12:39 PM
I agree Mr Speedy, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek. As I said, I think Ospreys and Blues are the strongest contenders, Scarlets would be if they were in any other group (group 5 is just impossible to call).

stormmaster1
24-10-07, 04:04 PM
the way Wasps have been i can&#39;t see them getting through as they will likely go down to Munster and Llanelli away, possibly losing one other.

Cymrurugbyfan
24-10-07, 08:30 PM
I agree Mr Speedy, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek. As I said, I think Ospreys and Blues are the strongest contenders, Scarlets would be if they were in any other group (group 5 is just impossible to call). [/b]

Yep, Ospreys are definately the strongest contenders!

Moderator Prestwick says:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4882/jaynets7.jpg

leicester fox
24-10-07, 09:21 PM
I reckon tigers might do it but i think we need 1 of our fly halfs to hit top form and personally i think it will be Toulouse or Llanelli

dullonien
25-10-07, 09:53 AM
I agree Mr Speedy, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek. As I said, I think Ospreys and Blues are the strongest contenders, Scarlets would be if they were in any other group (group 5 is just impossible to call). [/b]

Of the Welsh Regions that is, before anyone has a go.

DonBilly
29-10-07, 10:01 AM
I wish Clermont do it, but Toulouse seems monstrous this year. [/b]

Why? As far as I can see Toulouse have not found yet neither a strong pack nor a talented FH.

An Tarbh
29-10-07, 12:22 PM
It will be interesting to see which teams go through as runners-up. Tigers/Toulouse could get one as home/away wins against Leinster and Edinburgh aren&#39;t out of the question. pool 5 i think won&#39;t provide a runner-up, as most likely all sides will lose 1 match and the runners up 2. pool 3 and 4 both look good to provide a runner up if the sides with less HC experience suffer.
[/b]

I think Pool 6 will only see 1 qualifier as all teams have strong home records, I won&#39;t be surprised to see the pool winner going through with only 4 wins and as for Leicester & Toulouse doing the double over Leinster & Edinburgh, I wouldn&#39;t hold my breath.

Cymrurugbyfan
29-10-07, 12:39 PM
<div class='quotemain'> I agree Mr Speedy, my post was a bit of tongue in cheek. As I said, I think Ospreys and Blues are the strongest contenders, Scarlets would be if they were in any other group (group 5 is just impossible to call). [/b]

Yep, Ospreys are definately the strongest contenders!

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4882/jaynets7.jpg

dullonien
29-10-07, 03:02 PM
I think Ospreys are up there with the best this year. The only weaknesses they have are:

Tight head: Adam Jones the only good scrummager.
Hooker: Bennet is a poor lineout thrower, suppose Barry Williams is still there.
Full back: Lee Burne can be poor, but is in wonderful form at the mo.

With a potention lineup of:

01 Duncan Jones
02 Huw Bennet/Barry Williams
03 Adam Jones
04 Ian Evans
05 Alun-Wyn Jones
06 Ryan Jones/Jonathan Thomas/Hale T-Pole
07 Marty Holah
08 Ryan Jones/Filo Tiatia

09 Mike Phillips/Justin Marshall
10 James Hook
11 Shane Williams
12 Gavin Henson
13 Sonny Parker
14 Nikki Walker/Aled Brew
15 Lee Burne

I wouldn&#39;t bet against them!

Crackdown
29-10-07, 03:50 PM
Nobody for Bristol then (3rd in Prem last year)? Ok I&#39;ll have to put myself forward especially after bashing Llanelli up yesterday! :P

Cymrurugbyfan
29-10-07, 06:03 PM
Nobody for Bristol then (3rd in Prem last year)? Ok I&#39;ll have to put myself forward especially after bashing Llanelli up yesterday! :P [/b]

AHH IT WAS A FLUKE, I CAN PROVE IT! *looks for proof. fails*

:%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#:

Zoph
03-11-07, 11:10 AM
I hope Toulouse will win this year and also the Bremus Buckler! ^^
Win the two is a great challenge, I think.
But taking part a long time of both, will be a long road for health & bodies! Moreover, a lot of players plays in National Teams, they play the RWC 2007, next they will play also the 6 Nations ..

So Mr Guy Noves take care of yours guys with turn over (the strike force of Toulouse is his effective!).

RC
03-11-07, 11:35 AM
I&#39;m gonna be biased and say Ospreys - what with all the money Cuddy is throwing at the Ospreys we have to achieve something significant as a club!
If we miss the QF&#39;s again then Lyn Jones should most definitely get the sack. With such a potent side, we should be making huge strides - instead i only see baby steps.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 02:28 PM
Saracens owner says:

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/76500/76529AFhE_w.jpg

"Saracens will win...I&#39;ve already arranged it.."

And yes, he does like to wear pyjama bottoms when at work.

innes
03-11-07, 03:10 PM
I can really see tolouse taking it this year

friouf
03-11-07, 06:28 PM
I hope Stade Franšais, but i think that Toulouse will be the champion this year: too strong!!

danny
03-11-07, 07:08 PM
I hope Stade Franšais, but i think that Toulouse will be the champion this year: too strong!!
[/b]

I just cant see past Toulouse this year. Maybe Leicester. Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm.

An Tarbh
03-11-07, 07:11 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I just cant see past Toulouse this year. Maybe Leicester. Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm.
[/b][/quote]

well get over your potential banana skin in Belfast on Friday and qualification should be a given, could be an uphill task if Ulster can re-establish their fortress Ravenhill, however I wouldn&#39;t hold much hope for that, Gloucester are a decent bet to go all the way.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 07:18 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

well get over your potential banana skin in Belfast on Friday and qualification should be a given, could be an uphill task if Ulster can re-establish their fortress Ravenhill, however I wouldn&#39;t hold much hope for that, Gloucester are a decent bet to go all the way. [/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t know...bottom of the Magners League, awful form due to a deliberately depleted side...all the markings of a classic Irish province pushing for an attempt at the HEC!

An Tarbh
03-11-07, 08:09 PM
I&#39;ve held my tongue after some of the nonsense being spouted by certain members. Ulster are bottom of the league cause they&#39;re playing ****e, nothing to do with selection policy, however as they showed in the second half against Leinster they are capable of turning things around and giving sides a more than decent challenge, can they do the same next week against Gloucester I doubt it but were they to come away with the win I wouldn&#39;t be surprised. But mark my words Ulster have by no means taken the start of the season lightly purely to give them a gentle run-in to the first 2 weekends of the Heineken Cup and the same applies for Leinster, we put out as strong a side as is possible when we can, we don&#39;t rest players ahead of the HEC and as for the nonsensical remarks that BOD, D&#39;Arse and Dr Phil don&#39;t play in the ML, don&#39;t make me laugh, Contepomi probably played as much as any player last season and he didn&#39;t play last night not cause he was being rested but because his brother was getting married and it may have escaped your attention but BOD didn&#39;t play any rugby at all between the Italy match and the warm-up in Edinburgh. It&#39;s only Munster who don&#39;t take the ML seriously yet certain posters seem quite happy to tar us all with the same brush, that would be like me making the retarded comment that all GP teams keep it tight and never try and put any width on the ball.

So rant over, Ulster are not taking it handy they&#39;re just in poor form.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 08:14 PM
Mark my words mate, Ulster for the HEC....

....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League?

An Tarbh
03-11-07, 08:25 PM
it doesn&#39;t matter what certain members I&#39;m talking about, the fact is the points were made but again you seem to have missed my point, tarring the Irish with the same brush purely because of Munster&#39;s approach to the tournament. It&#39;s Munster&#39;s approach that is giving the Irish teams a bad rep, but since there&#39;s little chance of them not qualifying for the HEC, either by league position or via the playoff they can take the stance they do although it has cost them this year as they&#39;ve ended up in the toughest possible pool when they could have had Ulster&#39;s draw and ultimately it doesn&#39;t see them in the running to repeat their previous success in Cardiff.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 08:29 PM
I, sir, have missed no points. I shall brush any team with as big a brush as possible!

Ulster for the HEC!

RC
03-11-07, 09:06 PM
....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League? [/b]

Jesus f***ing christ you&#39;re stirring up the **** there!
Yes, i have my personal opinions regarding the Irish and the ML but you make it sound like i do nothing but bitch about them - and quite ferociously!

Anybody fancy the famous cherry and whites. Cant see any one in our group turning us over at Kingsholm. [/b]

I can quite honestly say that i believe the Ospreys have the potential to turn you over at your home ground.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 09:12 PM
<div class='quotemain'> ....and would you include RC amongst your "certain members"? A Hairsprays fan who has expressed with some dissatisfaction (to put it lightly) the way in which the Irish approach the Magners League? [/b]

Jesus f***ing christ you&#39;re stirring up the **** there!
Yes, i have my personal opinions regarding the Irish and the ML but you make it sound like i do nothing but bitch about them - and quite ferociously!
[/b][/quote]

I have the tapes of the daily telephone conversations Matthew.....

O'Rothlain
03-11-07, 09:20 PM
<div align="center">STADE FRANCAIS</span></span></span></span>
</div>

http://wiki.otakubooty.com/images/9/9b/Gunbuster.jpg

RC
03-11-07, 09:48 PM
I have the tapes of the daily telephone conversations Matthew..... [/b]

<_<

fcukernaut
03-11-07, 09:55 PM
To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I&#39;m looking for a team to support. They don&#39;t neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can&#39;t be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts?

RC
03-11-07, 09:58 PM
Stade Francais

They stand a good chance as well.

Or you could go for the loveable Ospreys.
"See all your favourite All Blacks players, from when you were a child, running around next to Gavin Henson!"
That&#39;s how they sell the Ospreys to the South Wales contingency.

Prestwick
03-11-07, 10:49 PM
To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I&#39;m looking for a team to support. They don&#39;t neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can&#39;t be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]

Well...that removes Saracens from the running... :(

O'Rothlain
03-11-07, 10:58 PM
To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I&#39;m looking for a team to support. They don&#39;t neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can&#39;t be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]
ULSTER, my friend, Ulster.
Why? Well, I&#39;m glad you asked. They are a great team with some of the great up and coming talent in Irish Rugby. Also they have greats like David Humphries who is fantastic to watch in whatever capacity he comes on the pitch (just take the Ulster v Leinster match). The fans are great, the craic is great, the grounds are nice and homey. And, you&#39;ve got the Red Hand of Ulster legend to share with everyone! Great Story!
So, stand up for the Ulsterman!

RC
03-11-07, 11:11 PM
O&#39;Ro, i think he said he&#39;s looking for a team with an "attacking mind set." Whilst saying that i don&#39;t believe in his mind&#39;s eye he was thinking of Ulster&#39;s "keep it in the forwards and let Humphries kick to touch" tactic.

:P

fcukernaut
04-11-07, 02:41 AM
<div class='quotemain'> To make watching NH rugby more interesting, I&#39;m looking for a team to support. They don&#39;t neccesarily have to have a legitimate shot at winning games, but they do need to have an attacking mindset and it can&#39;t be a Top 14 as I have no access to those games. Any thoughts? [/b]

Well...that removes Saracens from the running... :(
[/b][/quote]

Well I guess that depends are they loveable losers?

Stade Francais is a Top 14 club and I&#39;m pretty sure I don&#39;t have access to them via setanta or mediazone. I was thinking Ospreys because Jmarsh and Holah are there along with some nice attacking weapons in the backs. To be fair to the Ospreys, Cardiff have a fair number of Kiwis in their squad as well(Blair, Rush, Spice, Tito).

I&#39;ll be giving this significant thought over the next couple of weeks so thanks to the replies and nice sell job of Ulster, I&#39;ll take a look and see.

Maccaweeny
04-11-07, 04:45 AM
Bloody fox sports, I really want to watch the Heineken cup this time round but i&#39;m pretty sure they only show the later games.

skiptomylou93
14-11-07, 11:26 PM
irish spirit win this year go munster and leinster!!!

An Tarbh
15-11-07, 12:03 AM
Bloody fox sports, I really want to watch the Heineken cup this time round but i&#39;m pretty sure they only show the later games.
[/b]

well you can at least get live audio on the games, it&#39;s not the same as live tv but it&#39;s better than nothing.

fcukernaut
15-11-07, 02:42 AM
I have officially jumped on the Gloucester bandwagon. They are forever more my NH club team of choice. The display they put on in the first half against Ulster was enough to convince me. Top showing from practically every team so far though, it&#39;s turning out to be a fantastic competition.

SaintsFan_Webby
15-11-07, 08:17 AM
Top showing from practically every team so far though, it&#39;s turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

You say that as though you&#39;re suprised. The Heineken Cup is a fantastic competition - those of us in Europe have been saying so for years. Very difficult to better in terms of domestic rugby IMO, so much intensity and variety.

Nico01
15-11-07, 08:56 AM
Of course one of the three big french teams : Stade Francais, Stade Toulousain or Biarritz.

stormmaster1
15-11-07, 09:16 AM
<div class='quotemain'>Top showing from practically every team so far though, it&#39;s turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

You say that as though you&#39;re suprised. The Heineken Cup is a fantastic competition - those of us in Europe have been saying so for years. Very difficult to better in terms of domestic rugby IMO, so much intensity and variety.

[/b][/quote]

the variety imo is one of the best things about the tournament. The different playing styles of Ospreys, Tigers, Toulouse, Stade, Wasps and the Irish sides can be facinating to see how they come up against each other.

fcukernaut
15-11-07, 08:31 PM
<div class='quotemain'>Top showing from practically every team so far though, it&#39;s turning out to be a fantastic competition. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well, yes I am a little surprised. For the same reasons the competition is so great (diversity of playing styles etc) are the same reasons why you can get real clunker games. I was genuinely a little surprised that every game was entertaining for at least a half. It&#39;s not too often in any sport, in any country that you get this many games that turn out to be fantastic, especially on opening weekend, where teams are relatively unaccustomed to playing each other.