PDA

View Full Version : Llanelli Scarlets vs Cardiff Blues

Sir Speedy
17-03-08, 06:53 PM
Llanelli Scarlets v Cardiff Blues

I've picked this game as it is the make or break match for Llanelli and for Cardiff aswell. Leinster have stormed to the top of the table, leaving both Welsh regions trailing below. Llanelli have won just one of their last four Magners League games, while Cardiff come into the game after a thrilling injury time win over Munster.
The teams haven't been announced yet. This is probably going to be the last derby game in Stradey Park, so I expect Llanelli to put a lot of passion into their performance, and with the Blues playing Toulouse in a few weeks, I don't see them putting out their best side. I suppose this benefits the Scarlets in a way because I think Cardiff would be them even in Stradey Park based on this years form.
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Llanelli.

Captain Morgan
17-03-08, 07:03 PM
Llanelli Scarlets v Cardiff Blues

I've picked this game as it is the make or break match for Llanelli and for Cardiff aswell. Leinster have stormed to the top of the table, leaving both Welsh regions trailing below. Llanelli have won just one of their last four Magners League games, while Cardiff come into the game after a thrilling injury time win over Munster.
The teams haven't been announced yet. This is probably going to be the last derby game in Stradey Park, so I expect Llanelli to put a lot of passion into their performance, and with the Blues playing Toulouse in a few weeks, I don't see them putting out their best side. I suppose this benefits the Scarlets in a way because I think Cardiff would be them even in Stradey Park based on this years form.
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Llanelli.
[/b]
Until the teams are announced, I'll predict a ten point win for Cardiff Blues... and then when the teams are announced I'll predict a ten point win for Cardiff Blues :cheers:
Just in case this usefull for anyone ....
Went to CAP today, the Supporters club is putting on a bus from CAP, £8 for members, £12 for nonmembers, contact Clive or Gareth on 07722504180 or CardiffRugbySupportersClub@hotmail.co.uk
Maybe see there speedy, got my wetsuit ready anyway. :o

Shibs
17-03-08, 07:21 PM
I think the Scarlets are too unpredictable this season to even hazard a guess as to what the result will be. It's as though every match a different side turns up, or it depends on if the forwards decide to play. Hopefully this time it will be one of their good matches so I can continue on my rugby high from Saturday :)

Sir Speedy
17-03-08, 07:21 PM
I won't be going, I live 30 miles from the Llanelli area and can't be arsed to get a ticket. >_> If it was a European Cup game I'd consider it, but I doubt we'll ever see Llanelli and Cardiff face off an a European Cup game (especially not a knockout game :().

Vambo
17-03-08, 08:36 PM
Could be a cracker this one.
Luckily due to the earlier kick offs in the live RL games on fri I'll be able to watch this :cheers:

Sir Speedy
18-03-08, 05:25 PM
Llanelli Scarlets

15) Morgan Stoddart
14) Dafydd James
13) Regan King
12) Gavin Evans
11) Nathan Brew
10) Stephen Jones
9) Dwayne Peel (capt)
1) Iestyn Thomas
2) Mahonri Schwalger
3) Deacon Manu
4) Adam Eustace
5) Lou Reed
6) Dafydd Jones
7) Gavin Thomas
8) Alix Popham.

Subs:
16) Phil John
17) Matthew Rees
18) Scott MacLeod
19) James Bater
20) Gavin Cattle
21) Matthew Watkins
22) Jonathan Davies

Cardiff Blues

15) Ben Blair
14) Jamie Roberts
13) Jamie Robinson
12) Gareth Thomas
11) Tal Selley
10) Nick Macleod
9) Richie Rees

8) Xavier Rush ©
7) Robin Sowden Taylor
6) Maama Molitika
5) Scott Morgan
4) Deiniol Jones
3) Gary Powell
2) T Rhys Thomas
1) John Yapp -

Subs:
16) Tauf’ao Filise
17) Gareth Williams
18) Mark Lewis
19) Ben White
20) Jason Spice
21) Dai Flanagan
22) Marc Stcherbina

Llanelli by 5.

Captain Morgan
19-03-08, 10:25 PM
Llanelli Scarlets

15) Morgan Stoddart
14) Dafydd James
13) Regan King
12) Gavin Evans
11) Nathan Brew
10) Stephen Jones
9) Dwayne Peel (capt)
1) Iestyn Thomas
2) Mahonri Schwalger
3) Deacon Manu
4) Adam Eustace
5) Lou Reed
6) Dafydd Jones
7) Gavin Thomas
8) Alix Popham.

Subs:
16) Phil John
17) Matthew Rees
18) Scott MacLeod
19) James Bater
20) Gavin Cattle
21) Matthew Watkins
22) Jonathan Davies

Cardiff Blues

15) Ben Blair
14) Jamie Roberts
13) Jamie Robinson
12) Gareth Thomas
11) Tal Selley
10) Nick Macleod
9) Richie Rees

8) Xavier Rush ©
7) Robin Sowden Taylor
6) Maama Molitika
5) Scott Morgan
4) Deiniol Jones
3) Gary Powell
2) T Rhys Thomas
1) John Yapp -

Subs:
16) Tauf’ao Filise
17) Gareth Williams
18) Mark Lewis
19) Ben White
20) Jason Spice
21) Dai Flanagan
22) Marc Stcherbina

Llanelli by 5.
[/b]

STEPHEN JONES! GONNA GET MY PROGRAM FROM SATURDAY SIGNED!

Thingimubob
20-03-08, 12:41 AM
Am a bit worried, as Stephen Jones is playing well atm, and in general it's a strong Scarlets team compared to the Cardiff one. If MacLoed performs, then I think Cardiff can win, if not, then Llanelli will win by around 7 - 10 points.

Captain Morgan
20-03-08, 01:28 AM
If MacLoed performs
[/b]
Pretty sad that we have to worry how one man performs? It's bad enough relying on your best player, but having to rely on the worse one? sucks.

Thingimubob
20-03-08, 09:15 PM
tell me about it...
at least Dai Flanagan's on the bench, so hopefully we can get him as well as Nicky Robinson fit and ready for Toulouse next month. But yeah, hope MacLeod fronts up and keeps his confidence up (you could see how it dropped halfway through against Leinster) so we can get revenge for the hammering we had last time we played at Stradey.

Captain Morgan
20-03-08, 09:50 PM
tell me about it...
at least Dai Flanagan's on the bench, so hopefully we can get him as well as Nicky Robinson fit and ready for Toulouse next month. But yeah, hope MacLeod fronts up and keeps his confidence up (you could see how it dropped halfway through against Leinster) so we can get revenge for the hammering we had last time we played at Stradey.
[/b]
Well it is in the past now but he made a few critical errors at Bristol.

Sir Speedy
21-03-08, 12:10 PM
Fek yeh. Got tickets!

Vambo
21-03-08, 05:51 PM
Fek yeh. Got tickets!
[/b]

Nice one B)

I'll be cheering on the Scarlets from my living room :cheers:

Vambo
21-03-08, 06:55 PM
Excellent first half.

Scarlets 2 pts down at the break but I reckon they've shown more than enough to take the game out in the second half especially with the wind in their favour.

w3lshrugby
21-03-08, 06:56 PM
Nicely poised 15-17 to Cardiff at half time, think the Scarlets are going to sneak this one though...

An Tarbh
21-03-08, 07:07 PM
Not sure what's a good result for Leinster here, probably a Blues win as that takes the Scarlets further out of the equation and since the Blues don't play Leinster not as many chances to close the gap.

Vambo
21-03-08, 07:27 PM
Scarlets 3 tries to the good now. 20 minutes left to try and get the BP.

RC
21-03-08, 07:39 PM
Flannigan playing not too badly, but seems a bit everywhere at times.
Basic skills are pretty poor overall.

Cardiff are due a try right now.

-------------------------------------------

Silly play by Cardiff, Stephen kicks a long penalty and the game is essentially over for the blues now.

Vambo
21-03-08, 07:41 PM
Great try! :cheers:

RC
21-03-08, 07:43 PM
Good try by Dafydd James, great hands, AWESOME break by Dafydd Jones all round and bonus point.
Game Over.

STODDARD YOU IDIOT!
2 ON 1...DON'T CHIP THE f***ING BALL. PASS IT!!!

noikz
21-03-08, 07:43 PM
Well played by the Scarlets, I wonder if the Blues are regretting resting their Welsh internationals.

Deserved man of the match for Morgan Stoddart, about time The Ospreys snapped him up as cover for Byrne. :D

RC
21-03-08, 07:47 PM
Well, you have to question whether Gareth Thomas is capable of playing at a pro level any more.
He's not done much tonight.

Stoddard desrves the MOTM but there's a few crucial mistakes he makes in many games that makes Warren think twice and comfortably choose Byrne over him in the Welsh squad.
If he had a good coach, i&#39;m sure Stoddard would come on well for us. Unfortunately, Phil is in charge... <_<

Vambo
21-03-08, 07:52 PM
Really enjoyable game :bravo:

I thought Peel had a good knock as captain and made good decisions throughout the game.

noikz
21-03-08, 07:53 PM
Very enjoyable game, total contrast to the Biarritz v Brive game that I had on in the background. That was still 0-0 after 50mins. :zzz:

RC
21-03-08, 07:55 PM
Yeah, i&#39;m glad to see the tempo of the game was really high throughout. There was ferocity in the forwards and flair in the backs - really entertaining overall.

Sir Speedy
21-03-08, 09:11 PM
That was a thrilling game, Peel and Stoddart had great games and James&#39; try was brilliantly worked. Was definately worth going down there for the match, but the atmosphere was quite poor imo.

Thingimubob
21-03-08, 09:46 PM
Ach myn... fed up with Blues, they haven&#39;t had a really good solid performance since beating Bristol in the HC. They were totally outplayed by the Scarlets second half, who deserved the win. There were a few dodgy ref&#39;s desicions, but these days, it&#39;s all part of the game, and there&#39;s not much point dwelling over them. And RC&#39;s right, not sure Gareth Thomas should be playing pro rugby any more, the guy&#39;s a glory hunter and has been utter rubbish since the Christmas period, with a few nice touches here and there (like his nice pass to Roberts, but his bad qualities out-weigh his good). Hope that they drop him now that Scherbina&#39;s back. The Blues should&#39;ve used Roberts in-field more. It was only because he can break first up tackles that we beat Munster a few weeks ago.
Ah well, it was a great match, and the Scarlets played some fantastic Rugby, and deserved to win.

Shibs
21-03-08, 09:55 PM
Just gotten back from the match and am very happy!

Could have been a better atmosphere there but I was happy with the Scarelts&#39; performance. I think Peel had a better game then I&#39;ve seen for a while, same goes for Dafydd Jones. I really think our forwards need to start running straighter lines. For too many periods of the match we were far too lateral.

Can&#39;t complain too much though, we got the win and right now that&#39;s all that matters to me :)