PDA

View Full Version : Toulouse v Cardiff Blues

An Tarbh
31-03-08, 07:29 PM
<div align="center">http://www.therugbyforum.com/uploads/Toulouse.pngToulouse v Blueshttp://www.therugbyforum.com/uploads/Cardiff.png</div>

Well this should be the most straightforward of all the quarter finals, again it&#39;s new territory for the Blues but this might be just a step too far for them, how they&#39;re wishing now that they got the bonus point at Bristol to have this game in Cardiff and then it might be a different kettle of fish.

However, it&#39;s not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can&#39;t but as club backer, Peter Thomas said they are about a year and a half off being where they think they belong.

Toulouse may have been nilled in Paris but they did at least manage to scrape a win against Biarritz and the Blues have fallen away in the title chase although they should take some heart in their win at Edinburgh, never an easy task in itself.

So is it really that straightforward or is a shock on the cards???

Vambo
01-04-08, 10:52 AM
Hard to see anything other than a home win here besides which the wife likes Toulouse and she&#39;ll be miserable if they lose this so I&#39;m up for Toulouse fot this game. She still hasn&#39;t quite forgiven me for reveling in the hammering they got from Paris yet :lol:

Thingimubob
01-04-08, 10:34 PM
am really hoping Cardiff can pull it off, and it&#39;s more than possible. We do play some good rugby when we get our act together, and Cardiff with be a mad place if the Rugby team beat Toulouse and the Football team beat Barnsley in the FA Cup Semi&#39;s.

Sir Speedy
01-04-08, 10:38 PM
Depends. Toulouse can cut a team to shreds (i.e. Llanelli in the game last year) and also completely self-destruct (i.e. the same game). If the former shows up, Cardiff could lose by 30. If the latter shows up, Cardiff will still need to get their act together for any chance.
Good luck to &#39;em.

Cymro
01-04-08, 11:29 PM
Cardiff to win I say a sneaky Martyn Williams drop goal will settle it!

Col
02-04-08, 11:04 AM
Think this will be a step to far for the Blues. Toulouse to win with something to spare.

KeardiffBlues
02-04-08, 10:41 PM
i hope we win, don&#39;t wanna spend all the money going for nothing, blues win! tom james to score the winner skinning clerc :P Ospreys vs blues final, then the sneeky martyn williams droppy comes in :P! ...i can dream

vuneddy
03-04-08, 10:14 AM
i think this match will be very good vith a victory of toulouse because they are very strong this year

dullonien
03-04-08, 10:32 AM
Even though I predicted a Cardiff Blues victory in the prediction comp (needed to take some risks to have a chance of winning) I think Tolouse will pip Cardiff in this game. It&#39;ll be close though!

Luckily for Cardiff, they have got Nicky Robinson back just in time (the best passer of a ball I&#39;ve ever seen btw), if he&#39;ll start ahead of Flannagan is debatable though. Tom James is another huge boost, and I would be surprised to see this supreme athlete clinch the game with a try, or Jamie Roberts for that matter.

If Cardiff stand a chance, it&#39;ll come from the pack. They have the quality there to dominate the game and if that happens, a shock is on the cards.

ScarletLion
03-04-08, 10:59 AM
Toulouse to win in a drab game

17 - 13

Stillknox
03-04-08, 11:45 AM
However, it&#39;s not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can&#39;t [/b]

Well this was two years ago, at the time Toulouse&#39;s pack was way weaker. Toulouse is now a more balanced team, crazy running rugby is still there but now they are also able to beat a tough team like Biarritz in &#39;old school games&#39;, like they did last week. (12-6, 0 tries)

I think they&#39;re now too solid for losing a home game against a (good) team like Cardiff.

An Tarbh
03-04-08, 12:38 PM
<div class='quotemain'>However, it&#39;s not so the Blues have to deal with it, Leinster got the job done so no reason why the Blues can&#39;t [/b]

Well this was two years ago, at the time Toulouse&#39;s pack was way weaker. Toulouse is now a more balanced team, crazy running rugby is still there but now they are also able to beat a tough team like Biarritz in &#39;old school games&#39;, like they did last week. (12-6, 0 tries)

I think they&#39;re now too solid for losing a home game against a (good) team like Cardiff.
[/b][/quote]

In fairness I&#39;m only trying to find a silver lining for the Blues whose chances I don&#39;t rate at all, no offence, also 2 years ago there was Michalak at his flaky worst re. the Jowitt try where Gleeson made an arse of him so I certainly expect Toulouse to get the job done.

Captain Morgan
04-04-08, 01:57 AM
Just concentrate on stopping them scoring tries, wait till they they get fed up and try risky stuff and then capitalise on any possible mistake, that has to be the game plan for Cardiff Blues to go for right?

Sir Speedy
04-04-08, 10:25 AM
Just concentrate on stopping them scoring tries, wait till they they get fed up and try risky stuff and then capitalise on any possible mistake, that has to be the game plan for Cardiff Blues to go for right?
[/b]
Yeh, but is their defence up to it? I bet they&#39;ve been working on defence for a while now and their game against Edinburgh (where they nilled/conceded one try, which is it?) proves my point. Although Edinburgh aren&#39;t Toulouse and I don&#39;t think they&#39;ll be able to stop their backline.

Captain Morgan
04-04-08, 12:13 PM
Well i don&#39;t know if it makes any difference but it looks set to be a wet and rainy day on Sunday in Toulouse.

Prestwick says:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/Mad_Aussie/f1a71225.jpg

Captain Morgan
04-04-08, 12:27 PM
hmm

Prestwick
04-04-08, 12:32 PM
Indeed :D

Captain Morgan
04-04-08, 12:36 PM
I&#39;d like to say "see you in the final" but we all know that ain&#39;t gonna happen whatever goes on in Toulouse.

dullonien
04-04-08, 02:30 PM
Cardiff Blues

Ben Blair; Jamie Roberts, Tom Shanklin, Gareth Thomas, Tom James; Dai Flanagan, Jason Spice; Gethin Jenkins, Gareth Williams, Taufa&#39;ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Paul Tito, Maama Molitika, Martyn Williams, Xavier Ruh (capt).

Replacements: John Yapp, T Rhys Thomas, Scott Morgan, Ben White, Richie Rees, Nicky Robinson, Jamie Robinson

Tolouse

C Heymans; V Clerc, M Kunavore, Y Jauzion, M Medard; J-B Elissalde, B Kelleher; D Human, W Servat, S Perugini, F Pelous (capt), P Albacete, Y Nyanga, T Dusautoir, S Sowerby.

Replacements: A Vernet Basualdo, J Poux, R Millo-Chluski, J Bouilhou, V Courrent, M Ahotaeiloa, G Lamboley

Elissalde in at 10! Blues chances have just risen imo.

Cymro
04-04-08, 02:45 PM
I reckon we have a stronger bench than that of Tolouse but this is going to be close!

People should dare not write off the Blues, people did a few years ago with Llanelli and look what happened!

Good to see Dai at 10 hes better than Nick McLeod!

Sir Speedy
04-04-08, 02:54 PM
People should dare not write off the Blues, people did a few years ago with Llanelli and look what happened!
[/b]
Uh no, that day we were demolished by what Toulouse did in the first half and managed to capitalise with great back play when they completely vaporised in the second half. Cardiff are a good side at the moment, better than what we were on that day, but I don&#39;t think they have the creativity in the backline to strike like we did. If they can keep the points difference low for a while, then you never know, they might just sneak it.

Thingimubob
04-04-08, 03:30 PM
yeah, keep the points difference down, and just stay in touch with them, then we have a chance. Glad Dai&#39;s back, he was awesome v Stade Francais in the pool stages. Ben Blair better make sure his goal kickings on target though, or we definately won&#39;t win. Has Elissalde played no.10 for Toulouse recently? I know he&#39;s played there before, but not sure if he has in the last few games.

DonBilly
04-04-08, 06:05 PM
yeah, keep the points difference down, and just stay in touch with them, then we have a chance. Glad Dai&#39;s back, he was awesome v Stade Francais in the pool stages. Ben Blair better make sure his goal kickings on target though, or we definately won&#39;t win. Has Elissalde played no.10 for Toulouse recently? I know he&#39;s played there before, but not sure if he has in the last few games.
[/b]

He played number 10 versus Biarritz and in a couple of games early in the season.

peppers07
04-04-08, 09:07 PM
Cardif Blues blew their chance to play this game at game at home in the pool stages now their doomed

Captain Morgan
05-04-08, 01:24 AM
Well I think we will benefit from being the underdogs, as we can see from some of the opinions on here they might as well not turn up.

Sir Speedy
05-04-08, 01:56 AM
now their doomed
[/b]
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9017/thomas2201417x450vq2.jpg

Mr.cyclopede
06-04-08, 03:05 PM
Every blues are behind Toulouse today....

Bullitt
06-04-08, 03:10 PM
Well, 45 seconds for the first try sums this game up for me...

Sir Speedy
06-04-08, 03:43 PM
In all fairness, after a disastrous start, the Blues are doing well to stay in the game. They have a very good chance of winning at the moment. :o

Mr.cyclopede
06-04-08, 04:20 PM
One of the most beautifull tries from Toulouse this year now

Bullitt
06-04-08, 04:21 PM
Hardly the best try ever, but I think that&#39;s the ball game now. Cardiff havn&#39;t looked like scoring all game.

That said, we all remember San Sebastian last year...

Cymro
06-04-08, 04:58 PM
Must say that the score did not reflect the game !!!!

I really enjoy it from start to finish and there is no doubt that Tolouse deserved to be the winners!

Cardiff were poor in the set plays and thats what cost them a possible victory today!

danny
06-04-08, 07:56 PM
Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.

Cymro
06-04-08, 09:17 PM
Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.
[/b]

Could not disagree more, Cardiff let themselves down mainly in the set plays and notiably Tom Shanklin dropping balls that should have been taken easily!

We played rugby and thats what the Sky commentators were impressed with, yes we made errors but the truth is the Cardiff lads should not be to upset with that scroline, as I said it was not a fair reflection of the game but take nothing away from Tolouse they played some very nice rugby! Had Cardiff played like Gloucster then the score probably would have been much bigger!

Sir Speedy
06-04-08, 09:21 PM
Can I advise Danny not to retort to Cymro&#39;s last remark? We don&#39;t want any pointless arguements regarding which of two two teams that haven&#39;t played each other for a while would win after this weekends performance. >.<

Mr.cyclopede
06-04-08, 09:54 PM
Yes the bill was a bit expensive for Cardiff this time.

Congrats to the two teams that never closed the game despite it was a eliminative game. Good illustration that the issue doesn&#39;t obligatory kill the game.

Loved the way Toulouse reacted after it&#39;s yellow card and kept the distance despite the Welsh try. Ellissalde is very interesting to see as fly half, excellent vision of the game and adaptation. I think that him and Keller will be even more creative when they have played more together.

Beautifull reaction from the audience who applaused and encouraged Heymans despite his two big mistakes that could have been definitive (Don&#39;t need to precise what a Football player would have heard in such occasion)
Definitely love Rugby for this behavior

Cymro
06-04-08, 10:39 PM
Yes the bill was a bit expensive for Cardiff this time.

Congrats to the two teams that never closed the game despite it was a eliminative game. Good illustration that the issue doesn&#39;t obligatory kill the game.

Loved the way Toulouse reacted after it&#39;s yellow card and kept the distance despite the Welsh try. Ellissalde is very interesting to see as fly half, excellent vision of the game and adaptation. I think that him and Keller will be even more creative when they have played more together.

Beautifull reaction from the audience who applaused and encouraged Heymans despite his two big mistakes that could have been definitive (Don&#39;t need to precise what a Football player would have heard in such occasion)
Definitely love Rugby for this behavior [/b]

To be fair Ellissalde at 10 look good, could he play there for France is the question? The game for me was a good one to watch despite Cardiff losing I felt the game was fairly an attractive one!

danny
07-04-08, 05:19 AM
Shanklin for the lions lol. :D

danny
07-04-08, 05:33 AM
<div class='quotemain'> Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.
[/b]

Could not disagree more, Cardiff let themselves down mainly in the set plays and notiably Tom Shanklin dropping balls that should have been taken easily!

We played rugby and thats what the Sky commentators were impressed with, yes we made errors but the truth is the Cardiff lads should not be to upset with that scroline, as I said it was not a fair reflection of the game but take nothing away from Tolouse they played some very nice rugby! Had Cardiff played like Gloucster then the score probably would have been much bigger!
[/b][/quote]
Cardiff were **** ,Gloucester were **** lets leave it at that and move on.

Sir Speedy
07-04-08, 03:36 PM
[/b]
What&#39;s great for me is how I can now gloat in the face of my arrogant family. My younger brother (11, yeh, I&#39;m that childish :P) told me that Shanklin is much better than Jauzion, yet Jauzion didn&#39;t even need to play well to be better than Shanklin on that day. My father also gloated that the Ospreys were already on their way to the final. It&#39;s a shame that no Welsh teams got further than the Q-F&#39;s but I can&#39;t help but laugh at them both. :lol:

elgringoborracho
07-04-08, 04:25 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
What&#39;s great for me is how I can now gloat in the face of my arrogant family. My younger brother (11, yeh, I&#39;m that childish :P ) told me that Shanklin is much better than Jauzion, yet Jauzion didn&#39;t even need to play well to be better than Shanklin on that day. My father also gloated that the Ospreys were already on their way to the final. It&#39;s a shame that no Welsh teams got further than the Q-F&#39;s but I can&#39;t help but laugh at them both. :lol: [/b][/quote]

Jauzion is way under rated at the moment.

danny
07-04-08, 04:26 PM
Enjoy your gloating sir speedy but remember who controls your inheritance.

Stillknox
07-04-08, 10:18 PM
Elissalde in at 10! Blues chances have just risen imo. [/b]

:cheers:

That was the best game of this quarter finals. The score is a bit harsh for Cardiff, they played very well untill the last twenty minutes... to me the difference maker was the strong mental of Toulouse, they were able to keep scoring after Heymans&#39;s yellow card and the two welsh tries, when the score was dangerously close. And like I said before the game, their pack are now very strong, this is the point that makes me think they can win the whole thing against an experienced team like Munster.

I don&#39;t think that Elissalde can be the long awaited ideal fly half for France, he&#39;s too old to begin at this position at international level, but at Toulouse he&#39;s a better solution than Courrent or Du Toit now...

At next year, Skrela :unsure:

stormmaster1
08-04-08, 06:46 AM
<div class='quotemain'>Elissalde in at 10! Blues chances have just risen imo. [/b]

:cheers:

That was the best game of this quarter finals. The score is a bit harsh for Cardiff, they played very well untill the last twenty minutes... to me the difference maker was the strong mental of Toulouse, they were able to keep scoring after Heymans&#39;s yellow card and the two welsh tries, when the score was dangerously close. And like I said before the game, their pack are now very strong, this is the point that makes me think they can win the whole thing against an experienced team like Munster.

I don&#39;t think that Elissalde can be the long awaited ideal fly half for France, he&#39;s too old to begin at this position at international level, but at Toulouse he&#39;s a better solution than Courrent or Du Toit now...

At next year, Skrela :unsure:
[/b][/quote]

To me Toulouse are the best side in it this year by far. They just have to not mess it up as they look a match for the other sides. The only thing that can stop them is a real bad off day or some serious Munster heroics, but i doubt even Munster can breach the difference in class with blood and guts unless Toulouse fail to turn up.

erwanseb
08-04-08, 04:05 PM
Ellissalde has always been a 10, he used to play at 10 for La Rochelle and moved to 9 only after joining Toulouse.

He played a couple of times early this season, he also played a few times at 10 for Toulouse when Michalak was at 9 in the 2002/2003 season.

erwanseb
08-04-08, 04:16 PM
To come back to the topic, great play from Toulouse.

Fritz could be back for the semi final against London Irish, at least on the bench.

Medard is on fire and the pack, in particular Albacete, looks strong.

They will have to throw away some top 14 games, Noves already said he would have to send a B team for at least two games as there are only 3 days between the HC semi and the following top 14 encounter.

Thingimubob
08-04-08, 08:30 PM
Didn&#39;t see the match, but saw the highlight on S4C&#39;s &#39;Y Clwb Heineken&#39;. Seemed to me that Cardiff did well to be even anywhere near Toulouse at half time considering being 10 - 0 down in less than 10 minuites, and how bad Shanklin was playing. Shanklin is a world class player, and just like any other world class player, he had a slip of form (which is rare, because Shanklin is a very consitent player) during the biggest game in the Blues&#39;s history. But when Kunavore scored, it just seemed that Cardiff heads dropped, and despite Blair&#39;s well worked try, you could see Cardiff&#39;s fight had been knocked out of them. Clercs try after this was class, but compared to soem of the high-intesity tries Toulouse liek to score, it was a walk in.
The one thing taht this proves is - Cardiff are NOT a bad team. Nobody should listen to the critical responce from people like Adrian Hadley, who believes that Cardiff need to change 13 or 14 players. Cardiff have got a lot to work with, but they need some top class players in key position. Spice is a decent player, but he doesn&#39;t perform as well when he&#39;s up against the likes of Kelleher.
Fly Half is a problem, as much as I like Nick Robinson, as he;s a superb attacking no.10 on his day, but it&#39;s just he has a habit of being injury prone, and inconsistent (though when fit, he&#39;s had a good season this year). Dai Flannagan is a bit young to be a regular starter all season, and Nick MacLeod is a pants Fly-Half (good fullback though).
Gareth Thomas is another problem, he&#39;s a bit past his best days, and he&#39;s just not a good centre partner for Shanklin. What we need is a talented no.12, with good hands and speed. Would be worth trying to re-sign Lee Thomas from Sale.

Anyway, Toulouse were class, and were definately the better team on the day, so all I have to say is: Bon chance pour la demi-finale!

FabioCapello
09-04-08, 01:29 PM
Belle victoire de Toulouse! Le plus dur commence sur la pelouse de Twickenham!

Cymro
09-04-08, 02:04 PM
Belle victoire de Toulouse! Le plus dur commence sur la pelouse de Twickenham! [/b]

Thingimubob: I agree to a certain extent with Hadley but 12-13 is extreme!!! We do need a few, notiably a number 3, 9, 10, 12 !!!

How much I love Filise he&#39;s not really a scrummaging tighthead! Spice on his day can be good but panics alot of the time at big matches! Nick Robinson is injury proned and we look a better side with him, but credit must be given to Dai Flannagan who has stepped it up this year! For me Gareth Thomas is looking old and tired, yes he&#39;s been a great servant but I think hes to slow to play as a 12!

danny
09-04-08, 08:41 PM
<div class='quotemain'> Belle victoire de Toulouse! Le plus dur commence sur la pelouse de Twickenham! [/b]

Thingimubob: I agree to a certain extent with Hadley but 12-13 is extreme!!! We do need a few, notiably a number 3, 9, 10, 12 !!!

How much I love Filise he&#39;s not really a scrummaging tighthead! Spice on his day can be good but panics alot of the time at big matches! Nick Robinson is injury proned and we look a better side with him, but credit must be given to Dai Flannagan who has stepped it up this year! For me Gareth Thomas is looking old and tired, yes he&#39;s been a great servant but I think hes to slow to play as a 12!
[/b][/quote]
Do you mean Gareth Thomas has been a great servant to Cardiff? Cos I think he`s done f***-all for Cardiff. He played his best rugby for Bridgend then left for Toulouse when he had a chance to better him self. A great servant for Wales maybe but for Cardiff he`s been average!

Thingimubob
09-04-08, 10:11 PM
danny
Gareth Thomas actually played for Cardiff for a while after he played for Bridgend (or Ebbw Vale, one of the two) not sure if it was the last team he played for before he moved to Toulouse, and I think he was part of the Cardiff team that won the Welsh - Scottish League years ago. They mentioned something before Bristol v Cardiff that he played in the last HC quarter final Cardiff reached. So he has been a better servant to Cardiff than you think.

EDIT: Just found out, he moved from Bridgend to Cardiff, then back to Bridgend, then the Celtic Warriors, then Toulouse

Cymro
09-04-08, 10:57 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Belle victoire de Toulouse! Le plus dur commence sur la pelouse de Twickenham! [/b]

[/b][/quote]
Do you mean Gareth Thomas has been a great servant to Cardiff? Cos I think he`s done f***-all for Cardiff. He played his best rugby for Bridgend then left for Toulouse when he had a chance to better him self. A great servant for Wales maybe but for Cardiff he`s been average! [/b][/quote]

Before jumping at me again go and look and read up about it, I think I should no a bit more about a player who plays for Cardiff Blues than you do!

Gareth Thomas played for Bridgend before moving to Cardiff then he went back to Bridgend then to the Celtic Warriors, then he went to Tolouse and then came back to the Blues!!!

He played his best rugby towards the end of his spells at Cardiff, Celtic Warriors and during his stint at Tolouse!!!

?-1997 - Bridgend RFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_RFC)
1997-2001 - Cardiff RFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_RFC)
2001-2003 - Bridgend RFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_RFC)
2003-2004 - Celtic Warriors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Warriors)
2004-2007 - Stade Toulousain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_Toulousain)
2007-present - Cardiff Blues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Blues)

As you can see he spent 4 years at the Arms Park before returning to his beloved Bridgend! He played in probably one of the greatest and most underacheving Cardiff sides in their history!

So yes Gareth Thomas had been a loyal service to Cardiff and the Cardiff Blues!!!

Need I also remind you that he is also 33!!

danny
10-04-08, 05:59 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Do you mean Gareth Thomas has been a great servant to Cardiff? Cos I think he`s done f***-all for Cardiff. He played his best rugby for Bridgend then left for Toulouse when he had a chance to better him self. A great servant for Wales maybe but for Cardiff he`s been average! [/b][/quote]

Before jumping at me again go and look and read up about it, I think I should no a bit more about a player who plays for Cardiff Blues than you do!

Gareth Thomas played for Bridgend before moving to Cardiff then he went back to Bridgend then to the Celtic Warriors, then he went to Tolouse and then came back to the Blues!!!

He played his best rugby towards the end of his spells at Cardiff, Celtic Warriors and during his stint at Tolouse!!!

As you can see he spent 4 years at the Arms Park before returning to his beloved Bridgend! He played in probably one of the greatest and most underacheving Cardiff sides in their history!

So yes Gareth Thomas had been a loyal service to Cardiff and the Cardiff Blues!!!

[/b][/quote]
I`m not saying he hasnt played well for Cardiff in spells he has, but most of his rugby was played at Bridgend and his spell at Toulouse was short yet successful. Three and a half years at cardiff doesnt make him a great servant.

Cymro
10-04-08, 04:03 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
I`m not saying he hasnt played well for Cardiff in spells he has, but most of his rugby was played at Bridgend and his spell at Toulouse was short yet successful. Three and a half years at cardiff doesnt make him a great servant. [/b][/quote]

Hes spent more than 3 and a half years at the club!!! He joined Cardiff before the start of the 1997 - 1998 season and left after the 2001 season had ended! He has spent roughly and almost over 5 years at the club.

Alfie is a great servant because of his off the field ability! Alfie is know to get involved in the community side of the Cardiff Blues game e.g. coaching and attending various things for the community!

For that he is a great servant to the club!

danny
10-04-08, 04:08 PM

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
I`m not saying he hasnt played well for Cardiff in spells he has, but most of his rugby was played at Bridgend and his spell at Toulouse was short yet successful. Three and a half years at cardiff doesnt make him a great servant. [/b][/quote]

Hes spent more than 3 and a half years at the club!!! He joined Cardiff before the start of the 1997 - 1998 season and left after the 2001 season had ended! He has spent roughly and almost over 5 years at the club.

Alfie is a great servant because of his off the field ability! Alfie is know to get involved in the community side of the Cardiff Blues game e.g. coaching and attending various things for the community!

[/b][/quote]
Im not knocking him I just think he`s at Cardiff cos its a good earner.

Cymro
10-04-08, 04:32 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Im not knocking him I just think he`s at Cardiff cos its a good earner. [/b][/quote]

Probably! Would not doubt that for a second!

danny
10-04-08, 04:36 PM
Unfortunatly that is the name of the game in the pro era. I can name literally the whole squad at my club who are there for the same reason. Thats why it is so good to have local talent in your team, you feel a certain bond with them and you know that they support the club as well (not Ryan Lamb though-he`s a tosser).