PDA

View Full Version : vincent clerc

vuneddy
02-04-08, 01:00 PM
i want to kwon what do you think of vincent clerc?

for me i think it is a great player the best winger of the french

shtove
03-04-08, 10:31 PM
i want to kwon what do you think of vincent clerc?

for me i think it is a great player the best winger of the french [/b]
He had his own thread a couple of months ago. Then everyone started talking about Shane Williams.

If you don't win, you lose.

Disgraceful that Clerc comes on to TRF after the 6N to blow his own trumpet.

poupouxx
11-04-08, 11:22 AM
vincent is a very good player with an gaz powerfull but i think that his technics is not so developped

EnglandWillWin2011
11-04-08, 05:49 PM
Overated.

Sir Speedy
11-04-08, 07:02 PM
Overated.
[/b]
Nice spam. Any particular reason why? :blink:

Davidz81
18-04-08, 05:52 PM
I agree that vincent is a very good player,
but I agree also with tha fact that his technics is not so developped...

There are a lot of player better than him in Europe...

Sir Speedy
18-04-08, 06:09 PM
I agree that vincent is a very good player,
but I agree also with tha fact that his technics is not so developped...

There are a lot of player better than him in Europe...
[/b]
Well, only three according to the Six Nations since three players (Ryan Jones, Parisse and Shane) finished above him in the Player of the Tournament poll. But I agree, he isn't the finished article yet.

Incredible Schalk
19-04-08, 08:16 AM
He had no chances in the last two games he played because the ball was slow and against England they had no go-forward. When Clerc did get the oppurtunities he was awesome.

camelback
22-04-08, 05:20 PM
Well, the question is now different, because of his very important injury he had last saturday. The question now is more like " would he regain his past level ? ".

A couple of month ago, i thought he was overrated, because he has a very special playstyle. But he can be awesome, and can win 3 or 4 face-to-face in one run.

mabi59
26-04-08, 08:57 AM
Hello , I'm realy disapointed by Vincent's wounded. :cryy:
I think he will become early :bravo:

nako87
04-06-08, 12:33 AM
Good winger, but Heymans is still my favourite. I'm ****** off he's playing fullback this year.

Goomba
04-06-08, 06:44 PM
I think that Heyman's future is playing Fullback. A great future ^^
We 've got a lot of great other wingers in France (as in Toulouse: Clerc, Donguy, Médard are all good)

Sir Speedy
04-06-08, 06:48 PM
Good winger, but Heymans is still my favourite. I'm ****** off he's playing fullback this year.
[/b]
He's a fricking genius though! That try he set up against Munster and his try against Clermont earlier in the year were both moments of utter genius and flair.

cdmdu
09-06-08, 08:32 PM
Vincent smells the rugby!

He ever has a solution. A new Bernat-Salles but so much better physical!

elgringoborracho
09-06-08, 11:12 PM
Vincent smells the rugby!

He ever has a solution. A new Bernat-Salles but so much better physical! [/b]

what an insult... :o

Eche_17
27-06-08, 03:37 AM
Mmm...Overrated.

I prefer Cedric Heymans.

DonBilly
29-06-08, 08:06 AM
<div class='quotemain'> Vincent smells the rugby!

He ever has a solution. A new Bernat-Salles but so much better physical! [/b]

what an insult... :o
[/b][/quote]

Why?

hotaie
29-06-08, 06:23 PM
dominici the best for me and now heymans cler and rougerie in mi top 3

chingnow
22-08-08, 09:14 AM
I think clerc is the best winger in france but rougerie is also pretty good
is dominici retired? :S

ollybarkley
22-08-08, 08:42 PM
[/b]

If Dominici isn&#39;t retired, he should be. Looked terrible at the WC.

Think Clerc is a classic example of a pure-out and out finisher. Get him the ball and he will finish plays with his quick cuts, crazy acceleration, and his eye for the line. But defensively and his passing/kicking game aren&#39;t as well developed as they could be. I think he is one of the best finishers in Europe, but I rate Shane Williams is a more complete player, because of his better passing and kicking skills.

Agree that Heymans is better at FB for France, as they don&#39;t have too many options there, but plenty at wing, so he ensures himself more playing time, but he really needs to work on his tackling, cuz after that game against London Irish last season.....yikes!

DonBilly
23-08-08, 04:28 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

If Dominici isn&#39;t retired, he should be. Looked terrible at the WC.

Think Clerc is a classic example of a pure-out and out finisher. Get him the ball and he will finish plays with his quick cuts, crazy acceleration, and his eye for the line. But defensively and his passing/kicking game aren&#39;t as well developed as they could be. I think he is one of the best finishers in Europe, but I rate Shane Williams is a more complete player, because of his better passing and kicking skills.

Agree that Heymans is better at FB for France, as they don&#39;t have too many options there, but plenty at wing, so he ensures himself more playing time, but he really needs to work on his tackling, cuz after that game against London Irish last season.....yikes! [/b][/quote]

Dominici retired at the end of last season in June. He&#39;s now part of the coaching team of Stade Français. He&#39;s in charge of the backs.

Kicking skills of Vincent Clerc greatly improved through the years, do you remember his terrific kicks in the last ten minutes of the RWC QF?

lick
24-11-08, 09:52 PM
Vincent Clerc will come back in a few weeks with Toulouse. He came back to the training 1 month ago after his long injury. Hope to see him at his best level fastly !

savundra92
08-01-09, 10:49 PM
i would say that clerc is the french best wing. heymans lacks consistance. but soon maxime medard and alexis palisson will be right up there with him. other competitors to clerc&#39;s throne would be malzieu and rougerie and heymans on his day.

thekrl
04-02-09, 04:04 PM
I think that Vincent Clerc is the best wing player with Aurélien Rougerie, they are very very fast and they can cause a huge chaos in the ennemy lines

gingergenius
05-02-09, 05:30 PM
imo before he got injured easily the 2nd best winger in the NH after Shane. haven&#39;t seen him much since but if he&#39;s back on form then he ought to be scoring tries for fun in the 6N.

Sir Speedy
06-02-09, 12:00 PM
I don&#39;t think he&#39;s in the French squad... :(

kevint57
06-02-09, 09:01 PM
very good player with good speed