PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand vs England

Gay-Guy
06-05-08, 09:32 AM
Yay I got my tickets today for this match woohoo! There are 19 of us going as a group!

Ok so how did I manage to get tickets a week before public sale? I'm a teacher in Auckland!!!

Incredibly despite going to rugby games at Eden Park every year I have not been to a single test match since the turn of the millenium...actually I have not been to one since 1994 lol! so this will be good and I think England is always a team to be wary of.

We are meeting at a friends house which is in the walking area to the game...so we will have a bit of a BBQ there...then we will start the great walk to the garden of eden...the crowds,,the banter between poms and kiwi supporters...the atmosphere outside the stadium....the look of the stadium when we get up the steps and scan the ground...the pre match entertainment...cheerleaders hehe....the black jerseys and the white jerseys all through the crowd...face paint...banners...flags...alcohol...drunk people....people yahooing....mexican waves...the players..I mean..the ALL BLACKS..the English team booooo....the game...the excitement...the tries...the tackles...the tension...the AB victory (we don't lose non RWC games)..the euphoria of victory...the aftermatch walk looking at Poms still calling out for their team...the aftermatch celebration at a pub...the great night taking your woman home to bed hehe.

Nidhogg
06-05-08, 09:39 AM
ALL BLACKS..the English team booooo....the game...the excitement...the tries...the tackles...the tension...the AB victory (we don't lose non RWC games)..the euphoria of victory...the aftermatch walk looking at Poms still calling out for their team...the aftermatch celebration at a pub...the great night taking your woman home to bed hehe.[/b]

Sports and sex, great combo :P

Gay-Guy
06-05-08, 09:42 AM
Sex is a sport lol!

isaac
31-05-08, 12:47 AM
England have no chance fullstop - they are kidding themselves if they do.

Gay-Guy
31-05-08, 03:30 AM
Well when I look at the new team I wonder if it looks like a NZ B team! I don't know if the NZ team will be that good.

Maccaweeny
31-05-08, 03:48 AM
New Zealand B team = average A team, seriously you guys need to stop playing so much rugby. I played an away game today so we were short of numbers, until the kiwis and polys brought along their cousins until we had about 15 reserves and I was one of the few white guys in the back line.

Incidentally we won.

Gay-Guy
31-05-08, 04:11 AM
New Zealand B team = average A team, seriously you guys need to stop playing so much rugby. I played an away game today so we were short of numbers, until the kiwis and polys brought along their cousins until we had about 15 reserves and I was one of the few white guys in the back line.

Incidentally we won. [/b]

I bet you got sidestepper of the day and you were untouchable!

rugbyballs
07-06-08, 01:34 AM
Is it just me but any news story I've seen about England seems to metion they are rebuilding and seems to be more so when it's their turn to tour NZ

Gay-Guy
07-06-08, 06:27 AM
Is it just me but any news story I've seen about England seems to metion they are rebuilding and seems to be more so when it's their turn to tour NZ

[/b]

I dunno...they weren't rebuilding in 2003. Fair to say they really are rebuilding now after their below par 6 nations. It is not like they won and are consolidating.

Prestwick
07-06-08, 06:40 AM
I think the view here is that this is tour of surprise. Surprise as in we're like "blimey, is it that time of year already!!"

Its one of those tours where we send anyone who is basically fit and in reasonable form, bring in the beers and relax before we have to get the house ready for the BBQ we'll be having later that day.

Thats the view from the fans and the press, for the team however, everything seems to be in flux. We've got a whole new batch of great players like Nick "MIIISSTTAAAAAAHHH KEEENEEEEEDDDYYYY" Kennedy, Danny Care and Dylan "J R" Hartley coming up. All are superb prospects and also have the benefit of being in imperious form at Club level. So, what better way to get them involved than put them against some of the best in the world? It makes sense.

This is the strongest side England can muster (injuries not withstanding) and yet the aim isn't really in their eyes to win it (although they wouldn't really mind). I guess its hard to explain I guess, it'll be fun to watch the games none the less.

EDIT: Also, it is fair to note that when the squad is complete and they go down under these days, it'll always be to attempt a real demolition job al la 2003. They definitely weren't "re-building" in 2003, Rugbyballs, even when down to 13 men ;)

devilrrr
08-06-08, 07:24 AM
Well over here we're a bit the same, hard to get into the whole year of rugby really.

Although good to have the Irish game notched on our belts and on our way for the international season.

I think we're in that "it's the first year of a 4 year campaign" mentality...still hungover from last year.

Prestwick
08-06-08, 08:03 AM
It is the end of what is for many players a very long season. If New Zealand (hypothetically, not a statement of intent here) either win by the skin of their teeth or lose the next two games before the tri nations, I wouldn't call for Henry's head. The Rugby landscape post World Cup is completely different and all teams win or lose will need a season to re-establish themselves.

This should be a Summer tour to be savored I think. I won't be looking too hard into the New Zealand - Ireland game as well as the England games because of the context in which they're set in. Best wait for the Autumn where everyone will be settled before we make judgment.

Then again...if they play Joe Worsley...

SHIZAM
08-06-08, 09:52 AM
new zealand are just gonna run through england for a warm up for there real test later wen the tri nations start :D :bravo: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

Macsen
08-06-08, 12:21 PM
You've got to wonder what the point of this match is from an English POV. Lambs to the slaughter.

Incredible Schalk
08-06-08, 12:25 PM
If NZ lose either test to England Henry has to go, England have a few players missing and you would expect the usual All Blacks to trounce them anyway. Henry did a good job with Wales but they were poor in the world cup, same with the AB's. There is obviously something wrong with his selection policy.

sanzar
08-06-08, 01:29 PM
You've got to wonder what the point of this match is from an English POV. Lambs to the slaughter. [/b]
Couldn't be any worse than their '97 tour to Aus :D .

ozzy
09-06-08, 08:14 AM
I hope the Poms aren't just turning up with a "we'll try out best but don't blame us if we don't win because of [insert excuse here]" mentality. It's not fair to test rugby to see guys representing their countries and coming into a game with this kind of attitude. They should be playing with their hearts on their sleeves and if they are second string, they should play even harder so they can secure a spot in the regular side.
NZ is in what could be termed a rebuilding phase, but they never issue statements with overtones suggesting defeat is an option so long as they do their best.

Prestwick
09-06-08, 01:12 PM
Quite an interesting fact here.

Rob Andrew played 71 tests for England. Guess how many of them he played against New Zealand in New Zealand?

None.

I hope the Poms aren't just turning up with a "we'll try out best but don't blame us if we don't win because of [insert excuse here]" mentality. It's not fair to test rugby to see guys representing their countries and coming into a game with this kind of attitude. They should be playing with their hearts on their sleeves and if they are second string, they should play even harder so they can secure a spot in the regular side.
NZ is in what could be termed a rebuilding phase, but they never issue statements with overtones suggesting defeat is an option so long as they do their best. [/b]

I'm sorry, but short of funding a program to transplant Danny Cipriani into a Cyborg body, what exactly do you want them to do? This is not a second string side, this is the strongest side that we could take to New Zealand, the only reason why some have been left at home is simply because they're injured. However, we understand and we've put in calls to the various medical clinics and tell them to get Cipriani, Hipkiss and co to New Zealand pronto! Career threatening injury, career threatening schmimjery!

Anyway, I think it is pretty obvious that they're wearing their hearts on their sleeves. Just because they're not coming off the plane sneering dismissively at the locals and acting like Dallaglio on drugs doesn't mean anything. In fact, I think its a complement to New Zealand that England haven't been holding press conferences arrogantly proclaiming that they're going to do X, Y and Z to New Zealand like some played out WWE superstar. Its what happens on the field that matters, not what you say off of it. Don't forget that seedings at the World Cup in 2011 are at stake here. "trying our best" isn't an option. They know that, I know that and its about time you should too..

darwin_23
09-06-08, 09:39 PM
The All Blacks are naming there team at 2pm (NZT) today - will be interesting whether there are many changes, or whether they look to field a similar team as the one that played Ireland. Hopefully they stick with the same team to give them a chance to build on there combinations... I don't know if that will happen though. There will be one forced change with Afoa injured, and I'd expect Sommerville will go straight into the starting lineup.

Any news on England's likely lineup?

InsaneAsylum
09-06-08, 10:25 PM
i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end.

darwin_23
09-06-08, 10:46 PM
i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

I'm sure Donald would have got a run in the last 10 minutes if the game wasn't so close - he will get a run in one of these next two games heading into the tri-nations (hopefully after the AB's have established a big lead....)

Ripper
09-06-08, 10:56 PM
i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn't make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

Rather have Panadol at Fly Half again than see Donald start an important test - even if we don't have McAlister bail us out again from McDonalds inablity to kick it over a halfbacks head.

InsaneAsylum
10-06-08, 12:29 AM
<div class='quotemain'> i hope donald gets a run for the all blacks... i thought he might come on towards the end of the ireland game, but henry didn&#39;t make the change. surely you want to give him a bit of experience on the field prior to the trinations... what happens if carter is injured.. donald goes straight into the deep end. [/b]

Rather have Panadol at Fly Half again than see Donald start an important test - even if we don&#39;t have McAlister bail us out again from McDonalds inablity to kick it over a halfbacks head. [/b][/quote]

good ol twinkle toes mcdonald makes me cringe though when he takes place kicks... i can&#39;t bear to watch him run up like that

darwin_23
10-06-08, 01:47 AM
All Blacks Team for the weekend:

1. Neemia Tialata
2. Andrew Hore
3. Greg Somerville
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Willliams
6. Rodney So’oialo
7. Richie McCaw ©
8. Jerome Kaino
9. Andy Ellis
10. Dan Carter
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Anthony Tuitavake
15. Mils Muliaina

Reserves:

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Schwalger
18. Anthony Boric
19. Sione Lauaki
20. Jimmy Cowan
21. Stephen Donald
22. Leon MacDonald

So only the one change in the starting lineup with Sommerville in for the injured Afoa, while Lauaki replaces Thomson on the bench.... really good to see basically the same team selected 2 weeks in a row for the AB&#39;s :bravo:

BLR
10-06-08, 02:00 AM
Pretty decent team, once they get firing it should be pretty immense...pretty dissappointed Kieren Read ain&#39;t on the bench, as we share the same last name we are obviously related. ;)

Gay-Guy
10-06-08, 03:34 AM
Pretty decent team, once they get firing it should be pretty immense...pretty dissappointed Kieren Read ain&#39;t on the bench, as we share the same last name we are obviously related. ;)

[/b]

Haha...you are hoping he makes it big so that when you play the next Rugby Game you will hear

"Read scores!"

ozzy
10-06-08, 05:34 AM
Huh? I thought Read wasn&#39;t even selected in this squad. Was he brought in as a replacement for Afoa???....

BLR
10-06-08, 06:08 AM
Huh? I thought Read wasn&#39;t even selected in this squad. Was he brought in as a replacement for Afoa???....
[/b]
No...he isn&#39;t in the squad, that&#39;s the point...

esoj
10-06-08, 06:52 AM
I still don&#39;t think so&#39;oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead.

anyway some interesting quotes from henry
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1316907/1840099

"This is our best side right now," said All Blacks coach Graham Henry, "and we should benefit from another week of training together. It&#39;ll take a bit of time to establish this team and we need to take another couple of steps forward this weekend.

"We&#39;ll have to be a bit sharper if we are to defeat England. They have some very experienced internationals plus some new players coming through who might not be well-known in New Zealand, but will be a real challenge on Saturday night."

bjok
10-06-08, 07:08 AM
McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
Wonder if this will be the game where Nonu has a brain (or whatever is inside his head) explosion? Gonna happen sooner or later.
This mid-field ain&#39;t gonna last!!!!!!!!

candybum
10-06-08, 08:35 AM
McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
[/b]

Wait Donald&#39;s been a AB before? wait McD is a better 10 than Donald?
Im confused

Gay-Guy
10-06-08, 10:07 AM
I still don&#39;t think so&#39;oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

Yes...Kaino should go on the flank. The Irish scored because Soioalo didn&#39;t organise that blindside defence properly.

digger
10-06-08, 10:12 AM
<div class='quotemain'> I still don&#39;t think so&#39;oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

Yes...Kaino should go on the flank. The Irish scored because Soioalo didn&#39;t organise that blindside defence properly.

[/b][/quote]

yeah i agree too and replace Hore with mealamu

Gay-Guy
10-06-08, 10:14 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> I still don&#39;t think so&#39;oialo is a no6 and he should be playing 8 instead. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

yeah i agree too and replace Hore with mealamu
[/b][/quote]

Yeah true...Hore was the one who lost the ball forward in that last play against the French...we should never forgive him :lol:

BLR
10-06-08, 11:13 AM
Hore was the best hooker by far in the Super 14 for the Kiwi teams,he was on fire, I don&#39;t see why he would be dropped...

digger
10-06-08, 11:15 PM
Hopefully it will be a dry track on the weekend.... would like to see how the new wingers go :)

InsaneAsylum
10-06-08, 11:40 PM
watch this and then tell me that macdonald is a better kicker than donald

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ajRdEDXGa0I

Dmx#1
11-06-08, 07:12 AM
Hore was the best hooker by far in the Super 14 for the Kiwi teams,he was on fire, I don&#39;t see why he would be dropped... [/b]

I wouldnt say by far but he did stand out however he was playing with a team that was having a great season. Mealamus team wasnt doing so well but he still was a stand out player for blues imo. Plus when blues faced off against canes Mealamu was playing better in that game. It&#39;s pretty even.

Oh yeah I&#39;m not looking foward to seeing Somerville get owned by Sheridan in the scrums. Somerville is 2 girls 1 cup cack when hes in the scrum. I could see the game being closer than it needs to be because Somervile will collapse the scrum I&#39;m just hoping Sheridan will hold him up. It could be similar to the AUS vs ENG wc game except we will probably win. If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are.

Gay-Guy
11-06-08, 07:32 AM
If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are. [/b]

Awww thats just cold :lol:

Well I was gonna say yippeee but I think you are right....Sommerville will collapse more than twice. Trust Hayman and Co to take off up north.

I have my tickets in my hand now....yippee!!!! I have even bought something black to wear with my pink face paint :P

Dmx#1
11-06-08, 07:42 AM
<div class='quotemain'> If Somerville doesnt collapse the scrum more than 2 times this game I will give every crusader fan I see a rep point except if ur a gay crusaders fan, you know who you are. [/b]

Awww thats just cold :lol:

Well I was gonna say yippeee but I think you are right....Sommerville will collapse more than twice. Trust Hayman and Co to take off up north.

I have my tickets in my hand now....yippee!!!! I have even bought something black to wear with my pink face paint :P

[/b][/quote]

Oops I didnt mean you gay guy lol but yeah I think I have a pretty safe bet on my hands. i know Mealamu and obviously Woodcock will hold their own but I can&#39;t say the same for Somerville. Im just glad butt sex buddies John Mitchell and Robbie deans arent coaching us otherwise crusader players would jerk them off to get into the starting lineup.

mark_shaw
11-06-08, 08:13 AM
<div class='quotemain'> McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
[/b]

Im confused

[/b][/quote]

again..bjok..are you on crack? lol enough said donald 2nd best 1st 5 in NZ

digger
11-06-08, 12:00 PM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
[/b]

Im confused

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

give steven brett a go

Dmx#1
11-06-08, 02:01 PM
[/b]

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/scooter6571/worf.gif

danny
11-06-08, 03:38 PM
If its wet England can win, if its dry were f***ed!

Sir Speedy
11-06-08, 03:43 PM
....................................,.-&#39;"...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,............
.........................,/...............................................":, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}...........
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../............
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"...............
............/.`~,......`-...................................../...................
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................... .....................
...................`=~-,,.,............................................ ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_........ ..._,-%.......`...............

Macsen
11-06-08, 03:58 PM
If its wet England can win, if its dry were f***ed! [/b]
We&#39;re talking biblical amounts of wetness here. But it&#39;s supposed to be sunny there on Saturday.

danny
11-06-08, 04:28 PM
<div class='quotemain'> If its wet England can win, if its dry were f***ed! [/b]
We&#39;re talking biblical amounts of wetness here. But it&#39;s supposed to be sunny there on Saturday.
[/b][/quote]
We`re f***ed then.

digger
13-06-08, 12:02 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> If its wet England can win, if its dry were f***ed! [/b]
[/b][/quote]
We`re f***ed then. [/b][/quote]

What if it snows :D

BLR
13-06-08, 01:19 AM
What if it snows :D[/b]
The English won&#39;t be able to see thier own players....

bjok
13-06-08, 01:55 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> McD a better 10 than Donald... goes without saying..Donald has to be the worst AB 10 ever.
[/b]

Im confused

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Hey, it was Ripper&#39;s call. I just agreed with it. Anyway, everyone who is not a Chiefs supporter know he&#39;s crap. It&#39;s a sad state of affairs when you have to pick skillless wonders like that.

InsaneAsylum
13-06-08, 04:35 AM
you guys suck, Donald is the KING!

just you wait and see, carter will pull a heartstring or a hair will go out of place and he&#39;ll have a sook on the bench like he did against france in the world cup.

then Donald will come on and chip kick to himself, throw a sidestep, chip kick again, gather, dummy and end up scoring in the corner to draw level right on the 80 minute mark, then he&#39;ll go back and slot it over from the touch line to give the all blacks the win!

just you wait and see :D

Donald will be the hero and save the day :P

BLR
13-06-08, 04:38 AM
you guys suck, Donald is the KING![/b]
Please, your turncoat Chief supporting-ness is clouding your judgement. Donald is average at best in general with his only saving grace being his place kicking, of which this season he has probably been as successful as Kurtley Beale, rubbish...

InsaneAsylum
13-06-08, 04:43 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
you guys suck, Donald is the KING![/b]
Please, your turncoat Chief supporting-ness is clouding your judgement. Donald is average at best in general with his only saving grace being his place kicking, of which this season he has probably been as successful as Kurtley Beale, rubbish... [/b][/quote]

who was the leading points scorer for the 2008 super 14 season

yes that&#39;s right..... :)

EDIT: well second leading point scorer to dan carter.... by 1 point!!

InsaneAsylum
13-06-08, 05:14 AM
this is for you BLR ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlj0-ixswA

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bXE03z7rE4HJ/610x.jpg

BLR
13-06-08, 05:26 AM
EDIT: well second leading point scorer to dan carter.... by 1 point!![/b]
No one remembers second place.

And as for the video clip, it was the first minute verse the Cheetahs plus Mils can be credited for turning it into a try, Donald got it handed to him on a plate, in space, fresh, no worries.

A clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mR57TtYKijo Donald takes it in, loses the ball, Blues score, and don&#39;t make me post the multiple misses at goal from directly in front. :D

InsaneAsylum
13-06-08, 05:31 AM
he&#39;s a good player, definetly deserves his spot behind carter

although carter will probably enjoy having donald behind him :P

sanzar
13-06-08, 07:16 AM
Ultimately this game is a kind of 1st vs second though you know... In that England are the highest ranked NH side (globally 5th) and NZ being the second highest ranked SH side (and second in the world at large).
I mean, I know in reality it&#39;s 2 v 5th, but still, considering how &#39;sub-standard&#39; the S14 is compared to the glorious Guinness premiership, combined with the new &#39;mickey mouse&#39; ELVs (I&#39;m conveying the opinions of British rugby pundit Stephen Jones here), England should surely have too much class. Right? :P .

danny
13-06-08, 07:24 AM
Ultimately this game is a kind of 1st vs second though you know... In that England are the highest ranked NH side (globally 5th) and NZ being the second highest ranked SH side (and second in the world at large).
I mean, I know in reality it&#39;s 2 v 5th, but still, considering how &#39;sub-standard&#39; the S14 is compared to the glorious Guinness premiership, combined with the new &#39;mickey mouse&#39; ELVs (I&#39;m conveying the opinions of British rugby pundit Stephen Jones here), England should surely have too much class. Right? :P .
[/b]
Wrong, if we can keep it to 15 points I will be happy!

Bullitt
13-06-08, 07:51 AM
considering how &#39;sub-standard&#39; the S14 is compared to the glorious Guinness premiership, combined with the new &#39;mickey mouse&#39; ELVs [/b]

Finally, one of them get it.

sanzar
13-06-08, 08:12 AM
Yes, and Jones was emphatically vindicated in his views of the ELVs after the South Africa v Wales match showed to the world how the ELVs made it impossible for the springboks to compete with the class and conviction of the champions of Europe. What on earth were we thinking :P.

nam97
13-06-08, 08:38 AM
[/b]

Thats exactly right. I have always said since the beginning of the year that we are going in as massive underdogs.

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy.

sanzar
13-06-08, 09:03 AM
You know I actually really love these England V All Blacks games... I mean us Aussies, though we don&#39;t always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.

Gay-Guy
13-06-08, 09:04 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Thats exactly right. I have always said since the beginning of the year that we are going in as massive underdogs.

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy. [/b][/quote]

A close loss???? Come on get real! We aren&#39;t even gonna get enough possession to muster up a close loss. Our S14 ELV style has turned the SANZAR nations into power puff girls....the AB&#39;s will be struggling to even get 4 phases together after their touch rugby style ELV season. England have too much class and power and will pummel the AB&#39;s back into the ground of Eden never to return.

I am hoping that.most of the AB&#39;s get something out of the game....some sort of sign that all is not lost. We were so lucky that Ireland didn&#39;t beat us last week when they had us under pressure for those long phases. so lucky that Ireland didn&#39;t score when their Munster pack was powering the power puff AB forwards back on their bums.

I am just hoping for a respectable score at best....really not looking forward to an embaressment at hime.

Maccaweeny
13-06-08, 10:27 AM
[/b]

I love how the whole &#39;Guinness premiership is far superior to the backwater Super 14&#39;s&#39; and &#39;ELV&#39;s are destroying the game, taking out forward play&#39; rhetoric is starting to fizzle out now that the internationals have started.

Considering the fact that the sanzar teams have had about two-three weeks to get some moves together, the NH teams &#39;should&#39; be clear favourites. Then again, they could pull something out of the bag this weekend (i&#39;m looking at you Ireland), but we&#39;ll have to just wait and see.

Looking forward to see how this new-look kiwi front-three goes against the likes of Sheridan.

Dmx#1
13-06-08, 12:13 PM
I&#39;m confused, Cullen and Gay Guys are yous being sarcastic or serious?

Incredible Schalk
13-06-08, 02:09 PM
Sarcastic mate

i hope.. :unsure:

Macsen
13-06-08, 02:24 PM
I mean us Aussies, though we don&#39;t always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]
The Aussies, the All Blacks, and the rest of the world...

I&#39;ll be like a child on Christmas morning tomorrow when I open my web browser to check the final score. :P

danny
13-06-08, 02:56 PM
<div class='quotemain'>I mean us Aussies, though we don&#39;t always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]

I&#39;ll be like a child on Christmas morning tomorrow when I open my web browser to check the final score. :P
[/b][/quote]
They like us in Barbados!! dont they?

BLR
13-06-08, 03:37 PM
They like us in Barbados!! dont they?[/b]
To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.

Macsen
13-06-08, 06:17 PM
To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.[/b]
They hate Belarusians though. You&#39;d be surprised.

ChiefsFan
13-06-08, 08:34 PM
I&#39;m just hoping the English Backs don&#39;t run circles around our Backs. I mean, look at the proven talent in there back line!

There&#39;s Cipr... wait. Oh! There&#39;s Wilki... Oh...

Well...

gingergenius
13-06-08, 09:12 PM
<div class='quotemain'>I mean us Aussies, though we don&#39;t always like to admit it, generally have a lot of respect for the All Blacks, and we share a mutual dislike of England, so when these games come around I almost become a passionate All Blacks supporter lol.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

i&#39;ll be down the local with a nice pint of... coffee. f***in&#39; timezones...

danny
13-06-08, 10:03 PM
<div class='quotemain'>To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
evryone likes the Welsh till they live next door to the ********! :D

14-06-08, 04:45 AM
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I hope we win but England are f***ing world class so we might have to settle for a close loss. As long as we try our best against a team with extremely high standards I will be happy. [/b][/quote]

A close loss???? Come on get real! We aren&#39;t even gonna get enough possession to muster up a close loss. Our S14 ELV style has turned the SANZAR nations into power puff girls....the AB&#39;s will be struggling to even get 4 phases together after their touch rugby style ELV season. England have too much class and power and will pummel the AB&#39;s back into the ground of Eden never to return.

I am hoping that.most of the AB&#39;s get something out of the game....some sort of sign that all is not lost. We were so lucky that Ireland didn&#39;t beat us last week when they had us under pressure for those long phases. so lucky that Ireland didn&#39;t score when their Munster pack was powering the power puff AB forwards back on their bums.

I am just hoping for a respectable score at best....really not looking forward to an embaressment at hime.

[/b][/quote] wtf? :huh: i&#39;m confused. u guys r playin around right? or have i missed something in the news lately????

Dmx#1
14-06-08, 05:12 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>To be fair Barbados are too chilled out to even bother about disliking anyone.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
evryone likes the Welsh till they live next door to the ********! :D [/b][/quote]
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote] wtf? :huh: i&#39;m confused. u guys r playin around right? or have i missed something in the news lately???? [/b][/quote]

Me too, Im not eliminating the possibilty of us losing but damn, these guys are acting like we are the underdogs or something. Or Daniel carter and Richie McCaw must have died or something. I dunno maybe they dislike graham henry???? Remember guys Tana Umaga hated John Mitchell and hated Robbie deans even more he would have made no difference to the ABs.

BLR
14-06-08, 05:56 AM
They are taking the ****, bloody hell....it&#39;s England for gods sake!

Bullitt
14-06-08, 07:53 AM
Now, Munster fans, please observe an interesting version of forwards play from England in the first 20 instead of the dead ball crap that your team ruined the HEC final with.

Thank you.

In other news, that was quality defence from Kano with the Strettle tackle.

Bullitt
14-06-08, 08:09 AM
In other, other news... Oh, this is going to get embaressing.

waring192
14-06-08, 08:18 AM
Has anyone got a link to the lineup for both teams? Cannot seem to find one around. Also, kickoff time would be nice!

Cheers

Fa'atau82
14-06-08, 08:19 AM
It kicked off here UK time about 8.30am i think. I saw it on sky briefly this morning.

waring192
14-06-08, 08:27 AM
Arrr, feel a bit stupid now! How the match going? Dont have sky sports now as we are moving in a week.

Also can you get them live tickers? Like a text based commentry, wouldnt mind catching the end.

Bullitt
14-06-08, 08:39 AM
HT, NZ 23-13 Eng

England dominated the pack for the 1st 20 but couldn&#39;t cross, then NZ woke up and ran in 2 from Smith and Carter.

Ojo scored a 90m interception to bring England back on half time.

Make that 30 - 13. Nonu brushed off Hodgson like he wasn&#39;t there.

Well, whatever Andrew said at half-time didn&#39;t work. 37-13

SimonTaylor
14-06-08, 09:09 AM
The moron referee ruins game. Binned Englands best player for less than what McCaw does 5 mins earlier.
Talk about spoiling a spectacle.

sick of this ****. Shouldve stayed in bed.

bitch :wall:

OJO!! :mellow:

BLR
14-06-08, 09:24 AM
The English were playing thier same hands in the ruck lying over the ball gameplay they do every game, didn&#39;t work for them this time though..first game I have seen with the old rules since the Super 14, talk about yawn-fest....the ELV&#39;s have ruined me for any other kind of rugby....

SaintsFan_Webby
14-06-08, 09:33 AM
Such a frustrating match to watch as an England supporter. We showed in patches the potential we have, but were far too naieve to win the match. Not quite sure how we managed to get two players binned when the Kiwis got none. Wouldn&#39;t have made a difference to the result, but I&#39;d have liked to see some consistency. Dan Carter also showed why he is still the best 10 in world rugby.

Positives:
- Tom Rees. Best game I&#39;ve seen him have for England. Certainly wasn&#39;t daunted by the task of facing McCaw.
- Topsy Ojo. His tries were opportunistic, but he showed he has the pace and poaching abilities to survive at this level.
- Danny Care. Thought he did well when he came on.
- The lineout. Showed we have the ability to spoil opposition ball in this area.

Negatives:
- Charlie Hodgson. So disappointing. His non-existant tackle on Nonu was just the cherry on top of a pretty terrible cake.
- The front 3. Sheridan and Stevens were far quieter than I would have liked. Didn&#39;t even notice Mears was playing.
- Luke Narraway. Needs to prove himself more at Gloucester before being handed the 8 shirt in future.
- Mike Brown. Just doesn&#39;t look like an international fullback.

Team I&#39;d like to see given a crack next week:

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Stevens
4. Borthwick
5. Kennedy
6. Worsley
7. Rees
8. Haskell
9. Care
10. Flood (I know he isn&#39;t out there at the moment, but think he should be called up)
11. Strettle
12. Barkley
13. Noon
14. Ojo
15. Tait

gingergenius
14-06-08, 09:40 AM
shut up BLR, it was a good game, very intense. Why does everything have to be a discussion about North vs South, ELVs etc?

All in all, I&#39;m not too disappointed. We were beaten by what is still a very classy team. And we have a number of positives:

1) Flankers - we competed the breakdown brilliantly, good turnovers, Haskell & Rees are there for the future.

2) Lineout - looked better than NZ&#39;s.

3) Scrum Half - Wigglesworth I thought was excellent, Care, once he adapted to the pace, was promising too

4) In Ojo, we&#39;ve unearthed yet another good winger, he took his 2 tries brilliantly

There were a few negatives:

1) I&#39;m still yet to be impressed with Narraway

2) Charlie f***ing Hodgson. I thought he&#39;d played his way out of England contention years ago. Has proved time and time again that he cannot tackle (missed everything today, not just talking about the Nonu one..), he doesn&#39;t run the backline well at all.

3) Brown, while looking useful, lacks the pace to be an effective international fullback

4) Defence was **** poor at times

--------------------------------------------

Basically, considering that&#39;s an inexperienced team playing in Eden Park, not such a bad result. Hats off to Carter and Smith, who have to be the first players in anyone&#39;s world backline... and Nonu played well too.

EDIT

I just realised me and webby said teh same thing at the same time....

BLR
14-06-08, 09:45 AM
shut up BLR, it was a good game, very intense. Why does everything have to be a discussion about North vs South, ELVs etc?[/b]
It doesn&#39;t, it&#39;s just my opinion...

paretrooper
14-06-08, 10:03 AM
Sheri who??? best prop where??? you cant drive foward with your chin in your chest and your back not
straight. welcome to yoda school of proping :D all the hype don&#39;t make a good prop.

Fa'atau82
14-06-08, 10:10 AM
England have a lot of players who can do the job, but who are run of the mill at the moment and lack some quality and experience at test level and i think this is a &#39;decent&#39; result for a team who are clearly in transition.

It could have been much worse and a total annihilation, but as has been said we showed promise and potential but looked lacking on the experience to use it.

Certain players need to be tested like Hodgson, Narraway and Brown to see what exactly they can offer England ahead if the usuals. Hodgson is just not an international fly-half.. you can&#39;t have streaky players like him and wait for him to get hot, because it doesn&#39;t happen enough.

Obviously there are names missing from this tour and i think certain players like Cipriani will make this team better. Certain areas are very weak as we can see. We are plugging the gaps, but you can&#39;t do that forever. This tour will make or break some players test careers i suspect.

Credit to Ojo for his two tries. Not a bad debut against possibly the toughest team on reputation in world rugby.

Bullitt
14-06-08, 10:24 AM
Sheri who??? best prop where??? you cant drive foward with your chin in your chest and your back not
straight. welcome to yoda school of proping :D all the hype don&#39;t make a good prop. [/b]

Yeah, about that... How many times exactly did Sommerville get away with not binding?

Besides, all the hype has been coming from the SH, we&#39;ve not said a thing about him, it&#39;s Stevens and Mears that get all the talk.

BLR
14-06-08, 10:56 AM
Besides, all the hype has been coming from the SH, we&#39;ve not said a thing about him, it&#39;s Stevens and Mears that get all the talk.[/b]
If by SH you mean the UK then yes, Sheridan is really not even talked about down here despite the various English articles self pleasuring themselves over Sheridan that somehow get imported...

Fa&#39;atau, England have been in a transition stage for 5 years...

Bullitt
14-06-08, 11:24 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
Besides, all the hype has been coming from the SH, we&#39;ve not said a thing about him, it&#39;s Stevens and Mears that get all the talk.[/b]
If by SH you mean the UK then yes, Sheridan is really not even talked about down here despite the various English articles self pleasuring themselves over Sheridan that somehow get imported...[/b][/quote]

Sure, because you see all of our ocoverage on the other side of the world. Or do you actually think Stephen Jones and Paul Ackford are taken seriously here? Everybody here knows that Sheridan is a good player on the front foot, but doesn&#39;t like things not going his way.

Ojo has been rightly taking all the headlines in the buildup anyway.

Gay-Guy
14-06-08, 11:29 AM
Just got back home from the game.....

NZ made far too many handling errors....too many turnovers.....forwards were not winning those rucks at all. Though the ref should have been a bit clearer in the tackle situation. I suspect the AB&#39;s will not be happy at all despite the win. They really have quite a lot to work on.

nik
14-06-08, 12:22 PM
The middle 40 minutes of the game by the All Blacks was sublime. First 20 the English gave a scare and I thought we are here for a real test match, but they fizzed out later. The last 20 minutes was totally bull**** from both teams.

I don&#39;t know why Sione Lauaki has been selected, he hasn&#39;t really impressed this year, he seems to casual and lackluster for international flanker. Plus he screwed the Chiefs over against the Force for lazy running. When there are two number 8s in the starting line up, then you don&#39;t need Lauaki in the reserves.

One aspect of the All Black rugby that has frustrated me for the last 2-3 years is the number of handling errors due to silly passes. This continued tonight. They just can&#39;t seem to sustain more than 5-6 phases which is just a let off for the opposition.

As for England, promising start, but I can only see them attacking with the forwards. The backs need some direction which Hodgson did not provide.

ozzy
14-06-08, 12:32 PM
Maybe it&#39;s my imagination, but every single wussy litte faggotty ref from the North who has officiated over an ABs game has been absolute ****e. From Barnes to White to this crapzilla I&#39;m beginning to think the North breeds pedantic little wimps specially for international refereeing.
As for the game the English technique at the ruck was far better than the ABs, sure they cheated a bit, but their ability to drive under oppossition players should be a real lesson to the ABs.
Lineouts are always hard to gauge with NZ, it&#39;s difficult to say whether england&#39;s lineout was great or if NZs was having one of its dysfunctional nights.
NZ dominated the scrums right up until Boric came on. I&#39;ll be honest, I have watched this guy live and he has never looked like test material to me. Thorns value as a scrummager was very apparrent when he went off and England was able to gain parity.
Sheridan continues to disappoint me, I have only seen him at test level and he has never looked special to me. I laughed when I read his major claim to fame was demolishing the Wallabies scrum, geez talk about join the club.
Ojo&#39;s tries were pretty meaningless in gauging his ability at test level. SAF produces a million wings just like him or better and none of them has been good enough to hold down a regular test spot. I need to see his ability to run in more than just a straight line and his strength, ability to break tackles and step before he can be considered more than lucky.
On the other hand NZ showed how very lucky Ireland were it was wet and freezing when they played.
Crap play from the ABs in the last 20 minutes. Real champion sides would have kept it tight and totally dominated and destroyed England till the final whistle. Instead they all decided to improve their individual stats and pretty much stopped playing as a team.
Hopefully this win and Aussies average performance will shut the majority of NZers up about what a loss Deans was. :)

gingergenius
14-06-08, 01:16 PM
Maybe it&#39;s my imagination, but every single wussy litte faggotty ref from the North who has officiated over an ABs game has been absolute ****e. From Barnes to White to this crapzilla I&#39;m beginning to think the North breeds pedantic little wimps specially for international refereeing.
As for the game the English technique at the ruck was far better than the ABs, sure they cheated a bit, but their ability to drive under oppossition players should be a real lesson to the ABs.
Lineouts are always hard to gauge with NZ, it&#39;s difficult to say whether england&#39;s lineout was great or if NZs was having one of its dysfunctional nights.
NZ dominated the scrums right up until Boric came on. I&#39;ll be honest, I have watched this guy live and he has never looked like test material to me. Thorns value as a scrummager was very apparrent when he went off and England was able to gain parity.
Sheridan continues to disappoint me, I have only seen him at test level and he has never looked special to me. I laughed when I read his major claim to fame was demolishing the Wallabies scrum, geez talk about join the club.
Ojo&#39;s tries were pretty meaningless in gauging his ability at test level. SAF produces a million wings just like him or better and none of them has been good enough to hold down a regular test spot. I need to see his ability to run in more than just a straight line and his strength, ability to break tackles and step before he can be considered more than lucky.
On the other hand NZ showed how very lucky Ireland were it was wet and freezing when they played.
Crap play from the ABs in the last 20 minutes. Real champion sides would have kept it tight and totally dominated and destroyed England till the final whistle. Instead they all decided to improve their individual stats and pretty much stopped playing as a team.
Hopefully this win and Aussies average performance will shut the majority of NZers up about what a loss Deans was. :)
[/b]

truesay about ojo; he got lucky with the bounce for his second. But he had two oppurtunities to show off his pace and came out on top both times. Don&#39;t forget we&#39;ve got Sackey injured, plus Varndell. And watch the junior world cup, there&#39;s 3 seriously quick guys there too. Embarrassment of riches for the 14 shirt really...

BLR
14-06-08, 01:36 PM
truesay about ojo; he got lucky with the bounce for his second. But he had two oppurtunities to show off his pace and came out on top both times. Don&#39;t forget we&#39;ve got Sackey injured, plus Varndell. And watch the junior world cup, there&#39;s 3 seriously quick guys there too. Embarrassment of riches for the 14 shirt really...
[/b]
The only time I have seen Ojo besides the game tonight was London Irish v Toulouse in the Heineken cup this year....I like the way he does things, I think he will be a good asset for the English, compared to Sackey, although I haven&#39;t seen anything of value from Sackey to judge it against...

shtove
14-06-08, 03:20 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
The only time I have seen Ojo besides the game tonight was London Irish v Toulouse in the Heineken cup this year....I like the way he does things, I think he will be a good asset for the English, compared to Sackey, although I haven&#39;t seen anything of value from Sackey to judge it against... [/b][/quote]
Sackey&#39;s become a very clever defender over the last 6 months. Good player.

Ojo did what it says on the tin - go faster than everyone else.

England have a really fine collection of wingers. Now they just need some centres.

Incredible Schalk
14-06-08, 03:37 PM
Good game to watch for the neutral. The All Blacks were brilliant in a 20 minute spell but made alot of bad errors, not scoring for the final 35 minutes will frustrate New Zealanders im sure. England started really well and although they were pasted in the scrum the breakdown was very even, if anything England edged it. Couple of tries for Ojo who did superbly for his first try especially otherwise it would have been 30-6 at half time and game over. Reece got the better of McCaw in a superb performance, Carter back to his best.

Next week i fansy we will have an even better game.

SaintsFan_Webby
14-06-08, 03:48 PM
England have a really fine collection of wingers. Now they just need some centres.
[/b]

That is the overiding weakness in our backline at the moment.We&#39;ve been struggling for an absolutely top quality centre since Greenwood&#39;s retirement. Of course it doesn&#39;t help than when guys have been on form they&#39;ve been overlooked. Hipkiss, Clarke and Sinbad are just some of the players to have had excellent seasons wearing the 13 jersey at club level in the past, only to have been ignored by international selectors. 12 isn&#39;t such a worry for me. Flood, Barkley, Geraghty, Allen, Waldouck - we have plenty of creative footballers who, if they aren&#39;t quite ready yet, will soon be able to step up to the international stage.

Personally I&#39;d like to see JSD given a run in the centre when the autumn internationals role around.

gingergenius
14-06-08, 06:02 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

That is the overiding weakness in our backline at the moment.We&#39;ve been struggling for an absolutely top quality centre since Greenwood&#39;s retirement. Of course it doesn&#39;t help than when guys have been on form they&#39;ve been overlooked. Hipkiss, Clarke and Sinbad are just some of the players to have had excellent seasons wearing the 13 jersey at club level in the past, only to have been ignored by international selectors. 12 isn&#39;t such a worry for me. Flood, Barkley, Geraghty, Allen, Waldouck - we have plenty of creative footballers who, if they aren&#39;t quite ready yet, will soon be able to step up to the international stage.

Personally I&#39;d like to see JSD given a run in the centre when the autumn internationals role around.
[/b][/quote]

I mean honestly we&#39;ve got a prodigal talent at centre who&#39;s worn 22 so often that the ink&#39;s seeped through and tattoed it on his back... Why do all the England coaches have such a problem with Tait??? What&#39;s he done wrong? Why not bring him on for a bit this morning, for example....

Cymro
14-06-08, 07:32 PM
Well I was up for this game and have to say was impressed with England&#39;s first 10 and last 10 minuets of the game. Bar that New Zealand played them off the park!

England showed potential tho!

danny
14-06-08, 07:44 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I couldnt disagree more strongly about JSD being given a role in the centre for England. The guy can do it at Prem level in the centre but he isnt physical enough for test rugby there. He should be first choice on the wing for his country where if he can stay fit will become the god that he is at Glaws. He needs the space that the wing position gives him to use his silky skills and demonstrate his electric pace and balance.

Gay-Guy
14-06-08, 09:09 PM
I would actually have JSD at second five and have Barkley at centre to create a creative backline. Cipriani must surely be a shoe in now for the number ten jersey after Hodgsons shocking miss tackle.

Ojo has got some great pace and he has a keen eye like Habana for the intercept...whoever like Habana learnt he has to realise there are times he should not rush up. He needs a few pointers regarding defence as he didn&#39;t stick on Muliaiina when Nonu made his break. I think is Sackey was put on the other wing then Ojo and he would make a great wing pairing.

Choosing a fullback is not so simple for the English at the moment.

The English tight five in the rucks were fantastic...though they need to get their scrum sorted. Looks like they were lucky sometimes to get the free kick when the scrums collapsed and they were the team going backwards on the hit. Their loosies perhaps need to be a bit more mobile on defence as the Kiwi pack plays a more mobile game around the fringes when they pick and go. Those loosies and the halfback have to really move and play sweeper to cover the Kiwis when they make midfield busts.

How the English did not score that try in the corner at the beginning of the game baffles me (I was right there in that corner of the park) as it was a try for all money...he should not have been caught by a lumbering lock!!! Bring back Sackey for some real pace!!!

Incredible Schalk
14-06-08, 09:19 PM
Strettle&#39;s pace is overated but he is still quick enough to outsprint Kaino to the corner. He just hesitated and showed no conviction in his finishing.

Bullitt
14-06-08, 09:28 PM
How the English did not score that try in the corner at the beginning of the game baffles me (I was right there in that corner of the park) as it was a try for all money...he should not have been caught by a lumbering lock!!! Bring back Sackey for some real pace!!![/b]

Watching that I initiallt thought "Well done Kano", and still do for that matter, but I do wonder if the occasion may have gotten to him slightly.I know how much class he has (the first time I saw him was the week before his England debut when he managed to turn half of Saints backline, especially Sean Lamont, inside out), but I would sooner have JSD or Chris Ashton in the lineup. All are about even (JSD slightly better in defence and Ashton a fair whack quicker), but he&#39;s the so-called experience player and he&#39;ll keep getting selected.

paretrooper
14-06-08, 09:42 PM
<div class='quotemain'> Sheri who??? best prop where??? you cant drive foward with your chin in your chest and your back not
straight. welcome to yoda school of proping :D all the hype don&#39;t make a good prop. [/b]

Yeah, about that... How many times exactly did Sommerville get away with not binding?

Besides, all the hype has been coming from the SH, we&#39;ve not said a thing about him, it&#39;s Stevens and Mears that get all the talk.
[/b][/quote]

i can see how you got mixed up with Neemia Tialata and greg Sommerville. one is a big no neck
brown blood who is a loosehead prop and one is a not so big no neck white guy who is a tighthead
prop.Tialata was the one not binding whilst Sommerville was on the other side of the scrum chatting
about the weather whilst makeing a monkey out ot the guy who sent matt dunning (snigger,mmpphh)
off on a stretcher and showed what class the aussie front row is.

Macsen
14-06-08, 11:37 PM
England were an absolute disgrace against New Zealand. C&#39;mon, you guys have so much more resources compared to them. You&#39;re just ****, the most underachieving team of all time. You&#39;re a country of 50 Million against a country of 4 Million, for God&#39;s sake! You invented rugby, don&#39;t tell me you haven&#39;t had time to perfect it!

Pitiful. :wall:

Bullitt
14-06-08, 11:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/puredynamite/robandrewcnt.jpg

Macsen
14-06-08, 11:52 PM
Andrew believes his young tourists can only learn from the experience and will head to Christchurch for next week&#39;s second Test eager to bounce back.[/b]
******** they will! Dead cat bounce maybe.

sanzar
14-06-08, 11:54 PM
I can&#39;t help but think what Stephen Jones will be writing this week... or maybe he&#39;ll take this week off lol. Seriously, if they&#39;re going to claim that the S14 and ELVs are producing &#39;powder-puff&#39; forward play up there, then they can&#39;t afford to have anything less than domination in that department (let alone get annihilated) by any SH team.

shtove
15-06-08, 12:22 AM
England were an absolute disgrace against New Zealand. C&#39;mon, you guys have so much more resources compared to them. You&#39;re just ****, the most underachieving team of all time. You&#39;re a country of 50 Million against a country of 4 Million, for God&#39;s sake! You invented rugby, don&#39;t tell me you haven&#39;t had time to perfect it!

[/b]
Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.

Thank God rugby is the national sport of Wales - they really put it up to the World champions ... well, not this time round. Maybe next time? Or the time after that ...? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Macsen
15-06-08, 12:54 AM
Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
If Ireland were a country of 50 million people they&#39;d be the world champions a few times over.

jawmalawm24
15-06-08, 01:11 AM
All Blacks played a good game too bad they didn&#39;t really finish them off and faded away in the last 10-15min. It could of been a right proper blowout but I guess 37-20 isn&#39;t too bad considering it was against the RWC 2007 finalist so yeah I was pretty happy about that.

I think England have the potential but theres too much expectation put on certain players like Andrew Sheridan who&#39;s a good scrummager but up against the experience of Yoda just couldn&#39;t quite do it. 2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I&#39;m sure the English will play alot harder come next week.

digger
15-06-08, 02:23 AM
All Blacks played a good game too bad they didn&#39;t really finish them off and faded away in the last 10-15min. It could of been a right proper blowout but I guess 37-20 isn&#39;t too bad considering it was against the RWC 2007 finalist so yeah I was pretty happy about that.

I think England have the potential but theres too much expectation put on certain players like Andrew Sheridan who&#39;s a good scrummager but up against the experience of Yoda just couldn&#39;t quite do it. 2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I&#39;m sure the English will play alot harder come next week.

[/b]

I think Sheridan is over hyped and over rated . hopefully our linouts will be a bit better next weekend.
nonu and smith are getting better and better

Gay-Guy
15-06-08, 03:30 AM
2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I&#39;m sure the English will play alot harder come next week.[/b]

I disagree....I think that was the best the English forwards could do and that they actually had an edge on the All Blacks at ruck time. I think the AB&#39;s will be the ones getting better at scrums and rucks and ESPECAIALLY the lineouts. The English will only improve with their backs and if they have any sense WILL throw caution to the wind and trouble the AB&#39;s outwide. This will actually be good for the AB defence out wide as they need a bit of practice with their defensive patterns further out before the tri-nations begins.

Watching the English warm up they really do have a solid pack...they just need to get that pack to reach their potential like 2003. I have a firm belief that eventually one day soon they will shine in the backs when they use those talented flair players in the midfield and the two black wingers out wide as well as a world class fullback (though the fullback idea may take a while).

So next week expect a much better forward performance from the AB&#39;s and more attacking play from the English backs.

rodri_arg91
15-06-08, 03:44 AM
<div class='quotemain'>Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
If Ireland were a country of 50 million people they&#39;d be the world champions a few times over.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, we have the same problem in Argentina...In fact we only have about 80000 registered players in the whole country (even less than Ireland)

ChiefsFan
15-06-08, 03:52 AM
...the aftermatch celebration at a pub...the great night taking your woman home to bed hehe.
[/b]

So... uh... How&#39;d it go :P

I wouldn&#39;t be suprised if we see a few changes to next weeks lineup. It&#39;ll be interesting to see if Kahui and Leonard get starts. I imagine that Leonard will reserve just because he hasn&#39;t played in a while but I&#39;m not sure about Kahui as generally there are no Reserve Centres on the bench. He may even get a start.

InsaneAsylum
15-06-08, 06:26 AM
it was a fantastic game, especially the last 5 minutes when stephen donald graced the eden park surface :D

seriously, another smashing by the all blacks. i never rated nonu and smith although they are really growing on me. they look dangerous.

Bullitt
15-06-08, 07:41 AM
<div class='quotemain'>Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

If Irelans was a country of 50,000,000 they&#39;d all be playing Galic Football or roundypoofsit.

gingergenius
15-06-08, 07:54 AM

[/b]

China ought to be pretty good then... oh wait no, your unfounded-typically-welsh-inferiority-complex-theory goes out of the window.

On a level, you&#39;re chatting all this madness about Grand Slams and going on to win world cups; your IMPROVED result was 1 point better than England&#39;s first time out. You lost 4 tries to 2. Well done Wales, lived up to all the hype once more I see.

It&#39;s like a law of rugby. Wales, because England happen to have a complex when it comes to beating Celtic teams, win a match, get really pleased with themselves about it and if they win a few more, well, hell, our boyos must be world beaters. Then they get a pounding, and its back to square 1.

Incredible Schalk
15-06-08, 08:01 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, we have the same problem in Argentina...In fact we only have about 80000 registered players in the whole country (even less than Ireland)
[/b][/quote]

Same in Scotland, we have only half the player base of even Ireland and Wales. There&#39;s just not enough interest because until yesterday the national team has been useless for 8 years.

Gay-Guy
15-06-08, 08:04 AM
On a level, you&#39;re chatting all this madness about Grand Slams and going on to win world cups; your IMPROVED result was 1 point better than England&#39;s first time out. You lost 4 tries to 2. Well done Wales, lived up to all the hype once more I see.

It&#39;s like a law of rugby. Wales, because England happen to have a complex when it comes to beating Celtic teams, win a match, get really pleased with themselves about it and if they win a few more, well, hell, our boyos must be world beaters. Then they get a pounding, and its back to square 1. [/b]

I think it is pretty much accepted that the only time a NH team is respected is when they win in the SH part of the world...which is what England did in 2003 when they beat NZ and Australia at home in succesive weeks...yep they really had our respect and deserved to win the RWC beating Australia in a final on Aussie soil!

danny
15-06-08, 08:07 AM
[/b][/quote]
Try nearly 60 million, you **EDITED-LET&#39;S KEEP THINGS CIVIL PLEASE**

danny
15-06-08, 10:46 AM
it will be interesting to see who Andrew picks for the next test match. Personally i would like to see Borthwick dropped for Kay. Im not a massive fan of Kay`s but he always makes more of an impact than the passive Borthwick around the park and in defence. some of the criticism of Narraway has been a bit harsh. After watching a re-run of the game this morning he got through an amazing amount of work and tackled like a demon. Unfortunatly he isnt physical enough yet and should make way for Tom Croft. Move Haskell to no8 and we have a back row we should stick with for the next year at least to get some consistency. Hodgson obviously has to go(for good), the only option being Barkley. Brown at full back was brave but not pacey enough for my liking, replace him with Tait. Mears should go for Hartley. Finally Wigglesworth was so slow releasing the ball from the breakdown he must be replaced by Danny Care. The changes would make a difference but still will not be enough to get a win in NZ

Dmx#1
15-06-08, 12:06 PM
The English forward pack in the beggining looked dangerous and were overpowering the ABs. However their dominance in the rucks was short lived and they ended up lying all over the ball and slowing it down. The canes centre combo was awesome and Nonu surprised me with his distribution skills. Oh yeah Smith is the best Centre in the world right now!!!! :bana: Sheridan bored me with lackluster scrummaging with his reputation he should mudered Somerville who I only remember collapsing it twice (rep points are on the way). Tialata had an awesome game minus his scrummaging, Carter & McCaw as always had a great game. So&#39;oialo needs to be put back into No.8. Overall New Zealand had a great game and hopefully havea better one next week.

gingergenius
15-06-08, 02:22 PM
GG&#39;s player ratings:

Sheridan 5
Mears 5
Stevens 5
Palmer 5
Borthwick 4
Haskell 7
Rees 8
Narraway 4
Wigglesworth 6
Hodgson 1
Strettle 5
Barkley 5
Tindall 5
Ojo 7
Brown 4

All the subs get 5s/6s

NZ I wasn&#39;t really paying attention, thought Thorn would get a 7, McCaw a 7, Kaino a 7, Carter a 9, Nonu a 8, Smith a 9.

fcukernaut
15-06-08, 03:06 PM
I suppose I should throw in my thoughts on the match, perhaps a bit delayed but i fell asleep at half time and had to catch a replay (damn those 3:30am games, they&#39;re killing me).

I was a little disappointed that the All Blacks tried that pick and go stuff around the fringes. It was pretty apparent that not only were England up for it in the tight but were really disrupting the ball, even getting a turnover at one point from it I believe. I think they were better off having a bit more of a go out wide because Nonu and Smith looked unstoppable. I wasn&#39;t too sure about the selection of those two, but with the way Smith has been playing I&#39;m absolutely fine with it.

Carter finally looked like the best first-five in the world again which is good to see. However, the player I was really proud about was Andy Ellis. I thought his distribution was fantastic and he was aggressive running with the ball in hand. If you ignore that brain cramp when he tried to box kick with his left foot inside his 22 he had an almost perfect day.

The lineouts were atrocious as has been mentioned. I think you need to give it one more game before you think about bringing in a guy like Jason Eaton for the Tri-Nations to shore up the lineout. He probably deserves to be there, the only problem you have is that Brad Thorn was pretty damn good, and you&#39;d be sacrificing him to the bench. Mind you he does make for a solid impact player in the last 20mins.

For England, Hodgson, Barkley and the full back played either poorly or horribly.

danny
15-06-08, 06:57 PM
GG&#39;s player ratings:

Sheridan 5
Mears 5
Stevens 5
Palmer 5
Borthwick 4
Haskell 7
Rees 8
Narraway 4
Wigglesworth 6
Hodgson 1
Strettle 5
Barkley 5
Tindall 5
Ojo 7
Brown 4

All the subs get 5s/6s

NZ I wasn&#39;t really paying attention, thought Thorn would get a 7, McCaw a 7, Kaino a 7, Carter a 9, Nonu a 8, Smith a 9.
[/b]
Interesting to see you rate Stevens and Mears higher than Narraway. Only a 4 rating for a guy who despite being undersize against a superb NZ backrow put his body on the line and never gave up. balance that against two guys who consistently bully their opposition at Premiership level yet when the **** hit the fan against the NZ front row went missing and didnt contribute.

Sir Speedy
15-06-08, 07:16 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

China ought to be pretty good then... oh wait no, your unfounded-typically-welsh-inferiority-complex-theory goes out of the window.

It&#39;s like a law of rugby. Wales, because England happen to have a complex when it comes to beating Celtic teams, win a match, get really pleased with themselves about it and if they win a few more, well, hell, our boyos must be world beaters. Then they get a pounding, and its back to square 1.
[/b][/quote]
:lol: You really are a prat. Of course you&#39;re on the minor English bandwagon of which believe that anything good about a Welsh rugby performance is a fluke that must be put down with arrogance and misconceptions. England were slaughtered and are underachieving. Wales were beaten (while earning some respect despite a totally unflattering final score) and have a bright future. Oh wait, what did I just say?
Wales. Future. Bright? Sorry, I must have drifted off again as I know our place is being a team that can only get the occasional win and have no hope of beating the big teams such as England and....England.

shazbooger
15-06-08, 07:54 PM
Wales. Future. Bright? Sorry, I must have drifted off again as I know our place is being a team that can only get the occasional win and have no hope of beating the big teams such as England and....England. [/b] Jesus nice one. About time one of you lot started thinking with your head and not your heart. +rep for astute analysis of Celtic rugby.

gingergenius
15-06-08, 09:31 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
:lol: You really are a prat. Of course you&#39;re on the minor English bandwagon of which believe that anything good about a Welsh rugby performance is a fluke that must be put down with arrogance and misconceptions. England were slaughtered and are underachieving. Wales were beaten (while earning some respect despite a totally unflattering final score) and have a bright future. Oh wait, what did I just say?
Wales. Future. Bright? Sorry, I must have drifted off again as I know our place is being a team that can only get the occasional win and have no hope of beating the big teams such as England and....England.
[/b][/quote]

We&#39;ve had one match. After 1 match Wales got slaughtered.

Bright future? Your best players... Martyn Williams, had to be called back from retirement. Shane Williams, 31. Without both of those two Wales are ******.

And yes that is Wales&#39; place. The reason England lose to at least one Celtic team every year is because they hate us so much and raise their games, and we have a complex about them. Which is why when we were the best team in the world we only got 1 Grand Slam. Which is why when we&#39;ve ****** all over Wales for a half a match and then gift them a victory.

It works in stages:

1) Once a team like Wales beats England, they&#39;re really pleased with themselves. But imagine for a second that England had done a remotely professional job on Wales in that 2nd half... you would have gone back to Cardiff with your tails between your legs and noone&#39;s tounges would be up Gatland&#39;s arse.

2) Anyway, they then have plenty of confidence, and go and beat some very poor opposition from the rest of Europe, and they all were poor, don&#39;t argue with me on that. So, anyway, you have a grand slam under your belts. Suddenly Wales all think they&#39;re the best in the world, it&#39;s back to the 1970s glory days and blah blah blah.

3) Next it&#39;s bringing Wales onto the World Stage. In 2005 it was the Lions. This year it&#39;s South Africa. The Lions&#39; problem wasn&#39;t that they hadn&#39;t gelled or any of that rubbish. They just weren&#39;t good enough personnel wise; they couldn&#39;t even beat Argentina let alone New Zealand. So this year Gatland thinks Wales can beat the World Champions, and they get slaughtered. Next game, naturally, Wales play a bit better. Scoreline doesn&#39;t lie; they were heavily beaten again.

4) Now the bubble&#39;s burst it&#39;s time for excuses. The Lions blamed it all on Umaga, Gavin Henson&#39;s form and Jonny&#39;s injuries. This summer it&#39;s because of injuries (perrennial excuse, good teams have strength in depth) and of course it&#39;s the referee&#39;s fault. But no matter, let&#39;s retain some confidence for the Autumn...

5) Autumn comes around. Despite having high hopes, Wales produce a highly inconsistent set of performances, and if there&#39;s one good one it&#39;ll be amongst other poor ones, and therefore assumed a fluke.

6) Back to the same old Wales, the team that occasionally thrills but is generally **** poor. Cycle repeats in a few years&#39; time.

Sir Speedy
15-06-08, 09:48 PM
We&#39;ve had one match. After 1 match Wales got slaughtered.

Bright future? Your best players... Martyn Williams, had to be called back from retirement. Shane Williams, 31. Without both of those two Wales are ******.

And yes that is Wales&#39; place. The reason England lose to at least one Celtic team every year is because they hate us so much and raise their games, and we have a complex about them. Which is why when we were the best team in the world we only got 1 Grand Slam. Which is why when we&#39;ve ****** all over Wales for a half a match and then gift them a victory.

It works in stages:

1) Once a team like Wales beats England, they&#39;re really pleased with themselves. But imagine for a second that England had done a remotely professional job on Wales in that 2nd half... you would have gone back to Cardiff with your tails between your legs and noone&#39;s tounges would be up Gatland&#39;s arse.

2) Anyway, they then have plenty of confidence, and go and beat some very poor opposition from the rest of Europe, and they all were poor, don&#39;t argue with me on that. So, anyway, you have a grand slam under your belts. Suddenly Wales all think they&#39;re the best in the world, it&#39;s back to the 1970s glory days and blah blah blah.

3) Next it&#39;s bringing Wales onto the World Stage. In 2005 it was the Lions. This year it&#39;s South Africa. The Lions&#39; problem wasn&#39;t that they hadn&#39;t gelled or any of that rubbish. They just weren&#39;t good enough personnel wise; they couldn&#39;t even beat Argentina let alone New Zealand. So this year Gatland thinks Wales can beat the World Champions, and they get slaughtered. Next game, naturally, Wales play a bit better. Scoreline doesn&#39;t lie; they were heavily beaten again.

4) Now the bubble&#39;s burst it&#39;s time for excuses. The Lions blamed it all on Umaga, Gavin Henson&#39;s form and Jonny&#39;s injuries. This summer it&#39;s because of injuries (perrennial excuse, good teams have strength in depth) and of course it&#39;s the referee&#39;s fault. But no matter, let&#39;s retain some confidence for the Autumn...

5) Autumn comes around. Despite having high hopes, Wales produce a highly inconsistent set of performances, and if there&#39;s one good one it&#39;ll be amongst other poor ones, and therefore assumed a fluke.

6) Back to the same old Wales, the team that occasionally thrills but is generally **** poor. Cycle repeats in a few years&#39; time.
[/b]
Congratulations for proving my point.

darwin_23
15-06-08, 09:59 PM
Ok match overall - good play by England for the first 10-20 mins, then New Zealand took over for half an hour, then the match turned very scrappy...

For England I was very impressed by Rees - thought he was the best player on the park for England. Ojo, Haskell, and Barkley had solid games. I thought Narraway wasn&#39;t bad either - had a very high work rate, but did give away a few penalties.

For the AB&#39;s I was impressed with Tuitavake - didn&#39;t get many chances on attack , but was very strong in defense. The midfield was superb again just like last week. Carter was good - setting up tries for not only New Zealand, but also providing the beautiful pass to set up Ojo&#39;s first try - it was the only way the ball was going to be passed to Ojo all night with that English backline!! Kaino was strong from 8, and I was particularly impressed by Brad Thorn - to see the impact he has you just have to look at how the AB&#39;s scrum went downhill when he left the field...

Their were two players who played very badly for the AB&#39;s - subs Cowan and Lauaki. Cowans distribution was horrible and he made a number of errors - we need Leonard to recover from injury quickly. Lauaki was pathetically lazy, and lost the ball 2-3 times in the brief time he was on. He should have stopped Ojo&#39;s second try as well if he could have been bothered running back after the ball rather than just jogging... If fit and on form he can be devastating, but tonight he played himself out of the team.

BLR
16-06-08, 02:06 AM
Agreed darwin, Tuituvake when he got his hands on the ball was very dangerous.

As for Lauaki, why is he even in the team? He is a big bloke but doesn&#39;t have a brain, he runs into contact totally vertical so a defender has more to defend against and he doesn&#39;t get as much power going through that way. He needs to run in and concentrate his power on one position in the line to break the line, instead of sorta just floating through and hoping his bulk makes the tackles fall off. It&#39;s hard to explain but you&#39;ll know what I mean when you see it...

Dmx#1
16-06-08, 02:20 AM
Yeah yeah Lauaki kinda reminds me of Palu...

Gay-Guy
16-06-08, 07:06 AM
As for Lauaki, why is he even in the team? He is a big bloke but doesn&#39;t have a brain, he runs into contact totally vertical so a defender has more to defend against and he doesn&#39;t get as much power going through that way. He needs to run in and concentrate his power on one position in the line to break the line, instead of sorta just floating through and hoping his bulk makes the tackles fall off. It&#39;s hard to explain but you&#39;ll know what I mean when you see it... [/b]

Totally agree...Lauaki was totally useless!

Dmx#1
16-06-08, 08:23 AM
I never liked lauaki to be honest even in his prime.

Gay-Guy
16-06-08, 08:28 AM
I never liked lauaki to be honest even in his prime. [/b]

Yeah he was a forward who thought he was a back with smooth silky skills and steps!

Incredible Schalk
16-06-08, 09:25 PM
Yea Lauaki is a strange one, he&#39;s one of the strongest and physical players in world rugby but his slow and laboured style of attack means its easy for him to be driven back. He is skillful as, good offloader, soft hands etc.. but when he&#39;s out of form he&#39;s woeful.

fcukernaut
16-06-08, 11:27 PM
Yea Lauaki is a strange one, he&#39;s one of the strongest and physical players in world rugby but his slow and laboured style of attack means its easy for him to be driven back. He is skillful as, good offloader, soft hands etc.. but when he&#39;s out of form he&#39;s woeful. [/b]

Meanwhile Mose Tuiali&#39;i was playing fantastically, and because he was ignored for two straight seasons he is now headed off shore.

Ripper
17-06-08, 12:10 AM
Tuialili is pointless as a bench player though as he can only play 8, he is an average 6 at best. That&#39;s why Masoe was able to hold his spot so long as he could cover 6,7,8 off the bench and hold fort for a week when the need arised.

I&#39;ll be surprised if Lauaki hasn&#39;t been tossed permanetly for Adam Thompson for that subsitute loose foward / impact player role by the Tri Nations.

mark_shaw
17-06-08, 01:46 AM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Wrong, if we can keep it to 15 points I will be happy! [/b][/quote]

thats the problem, wheres the win at all costs attitude! no wonder they cant win if their supports will be happy if they lose by less then 15. Gather some confidence and take us on, :D