Rugby Challenge - First Q & A
With the news that SIDHE are bringing us a new rugby game next year, we grabbed a few moments with SIDHE MD Mario Wynands to ask a few questions about the up and coming Rugby Challenge game.
1) Will this be restricted to internationals or is it going to contain
club teams as well?
MW: Rugby Challenge includes both international and club teams.
2) Could you possibly expand on some of the customisation options? For
example, create a player/nation/team?
MW: Our previous sports games have been known for their extensive
customisation options around players, teams, competitions, and the game
experience itself. We'll be providing more details in the future, but
gamers can expect to be able to customise the game significantly if they
3) Can you confirm which consoles the game is headed to? The three
next gen consoles? Will there be a Wii version? If so, will you look
to use RL3 as a base? Will you be bringing out PSP and DS versions?
MW: Specific platforms will be announced in the future. At this stage we
are only confirming the game is coming to "console and PC".
4) Will the franchise mode incorporate international tournaments and
MW: The gamer will be able to play both representative and international
matches as part of the franchise mode.
5) Do you have an estimated release date? Will this be worldwide or
region by region?
MW: Rugby Challenge will release in the third quarter of 2011. Specific
dates and regions will be announced in the future.
6) Do you have any plans to release the game in the USA?
MW: I am unsure at this stage of specific distribution plans. However, it
is much easier currently to make a title multi region capable, so even if
it turns out the game isn't explicitly distributed in North America people
there should be able to play it on their consoles if they can get hold of a copy from overseas.
A big thanks to Mario for taking the time to answer our questions.