1) At current time we are suffering from injuries in key positions and have a lack of back up at a quality..... Maybe that's because we haven't developed any squad depth!!
2) The All Blacks are miles ahead of us at the moment mainly because our game plan is rubbish and NZ is superb. What's the point in sending players into all three tests matches in order to win every game and risk injuring them, which could have massive effects on Irish rugby...... Mainly because we have a lack of squad depth!!
3) Everyone must be blooded into the international at some point..... When else are we supposed to do that?
4) I'm not saying we shouldn't try to win but I think it's important to use this tour. By all means go out abd target one test and throw everything at it but even if wen beat the All Blacks, which would be such an achievement, it would still be paper over cracks.... Look at our wins against Australia and England last year, they were great achievements but led to little long term success!
5) The Irish rugby team has focused on the short term for a long time now, and while that seemed good when our arguably best ever players were at their prime, it has resulted in a lack of options and successors in key positions.... And again that's due to a lack of depth
6) By developing depth in these tests our national side will become much better, just look at how much Leinster have improved by increasing their squad capabilities. With the depth that could be started to be developed on this tour, in the future we will be in a far better position to actually beat the AB and possibly achieve even further success!
I hope that explains why Ireland need to use these games to develop players!