Ospreys refuse to take Huw Bennett back despite prospect of Lyon deal collapse

Mod Team Assemble!!!

• Wales
    • 12,926 posts
    Barbarians

Ospreys refuse to take Huw Bennett back despite prospect of Lyon deal collapse

WORLD Cup hooker Huw Bennett won’t get a new deal at the Ospreys should his move to French club Lyon collapse
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyna...1466-30772712/

Hi Huw, Cardiff Blues need a hooker, keen? Wait B+B won't sign him because he's not a real backup player.

Follow TRF on Twitter and Facebook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• Wales
    • 32 posts
    Ospreys
    B+B wont have say if the new D o R has any say in it.

• Wales
    • 1,245 posts
    Ospreys
    If the Ospreys can't afford to take him back, i'm pretty sure the Blues can't

• Wales
    • 4,306 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by welshglory View Post
    If the Ospreys can't afford to take him back, i'm pretty sure the Blues can't
    They might be able to with help from the WRU in the form of a dual contract.

He's matured into a quality player, the Blues should be doing everything they possibly can to sign him if his France move falls through and the O's decide they don't want him (can't understand why the O's wouldn't take him back though).

South Taffrican

• Wales
    • 9,183 posts
    Sharks
    I'll take him, with Burns gone and Jabba not getting any younger.

• Wales
    • 291 posts
    Cardiff
    The Blues should chase him as much as they could to get him if his deal dont go through.

• 74 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dullonien View Post

He's matured into a quality player, the Blues should be doing everything they possibly can to sign him if his France move falls through and the O's decide they don't want him (can't understand why the O's wouldn't take him back though).
    They won't take him back because with the financial situation as it is, and a promising young hooker on the books already it makes absolutely no sense to give a big contract to a replacement hooker who will be away with Wales for half the season.

As much as I'd like to see Huw stay, it just doesn't make sense when there are other positions that do actually need to be sorted first.

• Wales
    • 4,306 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TPenn View Post
    They won't take him back because with the financial situation as it is, and a promising young hooker on the books already it makes absolutely no sense to give a big contract to a replacement hooker who will be away with Wales for half the season.

As much as I'd like to see Huw stay, it just doesn't make sense when there are other positions that do actually need to be sorted first.
    Baldwin is ok, but I've not seen all that much to suggest that he'll be the next big thing. They've been playing a 40 y/o ahead of him most the time. I'd be trying to keep hold of Bennett if I were them. He's got a number of playing years remaining (he's 29), and is an important member of the Ospreys squad imo, especially considering Hibbard's relative frailty.

It's the Scarlets who have stock piled all the hookers. Rees and Owens are the two best hookers in Wales, then they also have Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill who have both impressed me every time I've seen them play. The Blues and/or Dragons should be going after one of them, because they'd do a good job, and would increase depth.

South Taffrican

• Wales
    • 9,183 posts
    Sharks
    Baldwin is ok, but I've not seen all that much to suggest that he'll be the next big thing. They've been playing a 40 y/o ahead of him most the time. I'd be trying to keep hold of Bennett if I were them. He's got a number of playing years remaining (he's 29), and is an important member of the Ospreys squad imo, especially considering Hibbard's relative frailty.

It's the Scarlets who have stock piled all the hookers. Rees and Owens are the two best hookers in Wales, then they also have Emyr Phillips and Kirby Myhill who have both impressed me every time I've seen them play. The Blues and/or Dragons should be going after one of them, because they'd do a good job, and would increase depth.
    We have liberated Sam Parry from the grasp of the Turks, thank you very much!

• Wales
    • 1,245 posts
    Ospreys

The O's most certainly would like to take him back but they simply can't afford him now
    Last edited by welshglory; 18-04-12 at 07:13 AM.

• Wales
    • 4,717 posts
    Georgia