Roy Hodgson for England?

Literally Kenny Rogers

• Ireland
    • 6,905 posts
    Leinster

Roy Hodgson for England?

So it's looking likely that Roy Hodgson is going to get the England job. I must admit that I didn't see this one coming. In my opinion it's a fantastic appointment if it does work out. Hogson has international experience, has had stints in Italy and Sweden and has done well with both Fulham and West Brom.

I can see where the FA are coming from too. Harry Redknapp's main strength lies in his ability in the transfer market, something that would obviously not be of much use in the international scene. He'll also save them a bundle as he's out of contract at the end of the season so they won't even have to buy him out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

TRF Legend

• England
    • 7,892 posts
    Northampton
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF_Feicarsinn View Post
    So it's looking likely that Roy Hodgson is going to get the England job. I must admit that I didn't see this one coming. In my opinion it's a fantastic appointment if it does work out. Hogson has international experience, has had stints in Italy and Sweden and has done well with both Fulham and West Brom.

I can see where the FA are coming from too. Harry Redknapp's main strength lies in his ability in the transfer market, something that would obviously not be of much use in the international scene. He'll also save them a bundle as he's out of contract at the end of the season so they won't even have to buy him out.
    A career in international rugby management beckons...

WARNING!
    The above comments may contain traces of sarcasm and/or humour
    They also may not reflect the opinions of those who read them
    Reader discretion is advised

Springbok Traditionalist

• South Africa
    • 3,756 posts
    Blue Bulls
    Yeah this is a surprize, especially after all the Redknapp talks earlier in the Season.

But I bet the FA were licking their lips when Pep Guardiola stepped down at Barca... The FA probably thought that they have had enough of coaches from other nationalities that can hardly speak english.

I think this will be a good appointment, he just needs to get guys like Terry in order and then England can actually become world champions.
    "Laksanasompong with the kick" - Voice of Rugby

The Official 2012 TRF Best Newcomer

Literally Kenny Rogers

• Ireland
    • 6,905 posts
    Leinster
    If I were England manager (and with my Footy Manager record I should have at least been considered) there's no way in hell that I'd bring Terry. Absolute scumbag.

• Ireland
    • 5,506 posts
    Munster
    This is a fair appointment if it happens. I think being fair he has more credentials than 'Arry for the job.

• England
    • 1,436 posts
    Leicester
    Doesnt matter who they have, the red tops are the ones who really hire and fire the England football manager and if Hodgson gets on the wrong side of them it will be a short appoitment.