Romanian Rugby

+ Post a Reply
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

• Romania
    • 295 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Bucharest
    Timisoara Saracens just announced they will put an end to the contract with Grainger Heinkell after failing to qualify for Challenge Cup.

No news yet about the new coach.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• Scotland
    • 1,163 posts
    • Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
    Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by amz View Post
    Timisoara Saracens just announced they will put an end to the contract with Grainger Heinkell after failing to qualify for Challenge Cup.

No news yet about the new coach.
    Unfortunately I couldn't see that match after all but that seems a tough on the coach unless they think he had a lot more money for players than Krasny Yar. It's not the coaches fault their international fly half was injured. And they could still win the Superliga. You guys have been saying they underperformed regularly this season though.

Speaking of which, Steau's title charge takes a hit. Looked a great match in the week of the drop goal. What a pass by Vlaicu for Dimitru's try! A decent crowd in too. I don't have a clue who will win the title now.

https://youtu.be/2G7w66lfMsY

And Iasi showing their entertaining style again.

https://youtu.be/9Wphn226acE

• Romania
    • 295 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Bucharest
    Vlaicu's pass draw some attention:
    http://rugbyonslaughter.blogspot.ro/...cu-throws.html

About Timisoara, I think it was the right decision. Heikell had two years to improve things and apply his own ideas but the team has gone from bad to worse..same tactical mistakes, same indiscipline etc. I never thought I will regret Danny De Villiers but the team worked much better with him on bench and player's attitude was more positive.

I think is a good decision, it is obvious Heikell was not up to the task. I don't know the exact causes, I can only suspect them. I think the technical staff was neglected by club management and they thought they could go with a very limited team.

The team is simply not coached, same players are much better at national team than at the club team. This is mainly a failure of management, I don't blame the players at all, this team could be much much better with proper coaching. With all that, the qualification was achieved by Krasny Yar on Timisoara's short commings in kicking to posts rather than from a better game play so lack of kicking player is obviously the main reason.

This could turn better for Timisoara on long term if stakeholders will learn something from this and bring a more professional coaching team.
    Last edited by amz; 25-04-17 at 12:28 PM.

+ Post a Reply
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.