Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

+ Post a Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. #181
    Junior Member

    • England
    • 9 posts
    • Joined: Dec 2016
    • From: Liverpool
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    England
    First post to the forum.

    Thanks Dave and team for making the game, and also really impressed by your dialogue with gamers. Thanks also to Derek for the real name DB - without this I would not have bought the game. I had RUTM15 which I dabbled with a little, but quickly got frustrated when I couldn't get the real name DB to work and had clearly started out with some errors re training and such.

    Anyway, I haven't started playing a career yet, but thought I'd ask here - what are the essentials for a new game? What coaching set up and investments should I make in the first few days, and how exactly does the scouting part work out for other gamers? I know there is a manual, but usually real life experience tells you more about these things. Thanks.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #182
    Senior Member

    Jayatron's Avatar

    • UK
    • 408 posts
    • Joined: Aug 2008
    • From: Northern Ireland & Wales
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by derekfb View Post
    Hi you need to go to windows (c), program files (x86), steam, steamapps, common, rugby union team manager 2017, external then rutm2017 clubs or rutm2017 competitions (depends what you are doing) then the number before the image name you have downloaded is the file name you want in rutm2017 clubs. move them into the file and then delete the number from the image name leaving Badge or Badge_small.
    Awesome. Really easy but a bi time consuming. Really is a great job.

    Anyone know if you can change flags in it?

  4. #183
    Junior Member

    • Wales
    • 27 posts
    • Joined: Aug 2014
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Scarlets
    I've made a list of the few problems I've had/a couple of improvements to make

    Game ending at 40/80 minutes - often someone kicks the ball out at around 39 minutes, but then it takes a minute for the players to reach the line-out so then there isn't actually time to take the line-out

    Super Rugby/Pro 12 relegation - this is maybe the biggest problem because there is no relegation in these leagues, so it makes the leagues themselves wrong and then there are teams in the wrong leagues below (for example, Treviso are in the Irish league in my game now)

    Players offside after kicks - often there are loads of players in front of the kicker but they still pick the ball up without being penalised

    Flankers moving positions after yellow cards - it's annoying how the number 7 moves to whatever position a player who gets sin-binned plays in (I've had a 7 play at 10 before which is not ideal)

    Unrealistic wage hikes - maybe this is just me not really wanting to pay players much but it feels unrealistic that a player currently on around 20k would ask for well over 100k when he hasn't improved much

    Customising player looks - it would be nice to be able to edit how the players look so it's easier to tell the difference between players during matches

    Rewinding the game - it would be nice to be able to rewind/replay parts of the game ie if you want to rewatch a try

    Transfer records - maybe this already exists but I'd like to be able to see transfer records for more than a month - even if it's only for the club I manage

    Advantage during games - I think it would be good to play advantage whenever a team knocks on to make it more realistic
    Last edited by AledJames; 05-01-17 at 10:02 PM.

  5. #184
    Junior Member

    • 3 posts
    • Joined: Jun 2011
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Cornish Priates

    2 questions

    When getting a warning for being over the 6.5m salary cap in the Premiership, is there a way of finding out exactly what your current wage budget is? Can't seem to find it in the finance section.

    After you sim a game, or have an assistant in charge of a team, can you look at the match statistics anywhere?

    Cheers

  6. #185
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starrollerat View Post
    When getting a warning for being over the 6.5m salary cap in the Premiership, is there a way of finding out exactly what your current wage budget is? Can't seem to find it in the finance section.

    After you sim a game, or have an assistant in charge of a team, can you look at the match statistics anywhere?

    Cheers

    Hi

    In answer to your questions:-
    The salary information is inthe Club section, which is the shield icon 2nd from the bottom on the left.

    When you simulate a match, the stats are displayed.
    When you have anassistant oversee a match, the stats aren't displayed, but they are added to the individual player'stallies.

    I do hope this is helpful, and that you are enjoying the game.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.

  7. #186
    Junior Member

    • Wales
    • 27 posts
    • Joined: Aug 2014
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Scarlets
    Just had a problem where two of my players have just disappeared (Rob Evans and Tadgh Beirne), I can't find them in any of my squads and they're not showing up in the transfer records. Any help?

    Update: I found Rob Evans who was playing for the Dragons for some reason so I have him back now (although I did have to pay 240k for him so obviously not totally happy about that)
    Last edited by AledJames; 07-01-17 at 08:52 PM.

  8. #187
    Junior Member

    • Wales
    • 27 posts
    • Joined: Aug 2014
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Scarlets
    Another bug I've noticed, I'm in my second season and the Pro 12 semi-finals and Rugby Champions Cup final are on the same weekend so there's a clash there

  9. #188
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AledJames View Post
    Just had a problem where two of my players have just disappeared (Rob Evans and Tadgh Beirne), I can't find them in any of my squads and they're not showing up in the transfer records. Any help?

    Update: I found Rob Evans who was playing for the Dragons for some reason so I have him back now (although I did have to pay 240k for him so obviously not totally happy about that)
    Hi Aled,

    Sorry to hear of your problem.
    If possible please could you send
    a saved game close to, but before the day they disappeared, so we can see what happened, and fix it for you.
    When sending a saved game please could you send to me at:- customersupport@alternativesoftware.com. Please use "We Transfer" (it is free) https://wetransfer.com/
    Many thanks for your support.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.




  10. #189
    Junior Member

    • Wales
    • 27 posts
    • Joined: Aug 2014
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Scarlets
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hi Aled,

    Sorry to hear of your problem.
    If possible please could you send
    a saved game close to, but before the day they disappeared, so we can see what happened, and fix it for you.
    When sending a saved game please could you send to me at:- customersupport@alternativesoftware.com. Please use "We Transfer" (it is free) https://wetransfer.com/
    Many thanks for your support.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.



    I've played on with the game so it's a few months since this happened in the game, is there a way to find the old save?

  11. #190
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AledJames View Post
    I've played on with the game so it's a few months since this happened in the game, is there a way to find the old save?
    Hi Aled,

    If it shows up inoptions and the date is before they went missing, please send, it will be here :

    C:\RUTM2017_Data


    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd

  12. #191
    Junior Member

    • 3 posts
    • Joined: Jun 2011
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Cornish Priates

    Vikings

    I'm currently trying to select vikings touring squad, but due to front row injuries and suspensions there are not enough eligible front rowers so can't proceed. What's the way forward here?
    Last edited by starrollerat; 11-01-17 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Text didn't appear

  13. #192
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starrollerat View Post
    I'm currently trying to select vikings touring squad, but due to front row injuries and suspensions there are not enough eligible front rowers so can't proceed. What's the way forward here?
    Hi Adam,

    We are looking into this for you, and will get back to you, just as soon as we can with a solution to your particular problem.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.

  14. #193
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hi Adam,

    We are looking into this for you, and will get back to you, just as soon as we can with a solution to your particular problem.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.
    Hi Adam,
    We have now solved this for you, and it will be in an update to the game later tonight.

    I hope this is helpful.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd

  15. #194
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)

    2D Match Engine now also added.

    We have now added a 2D match engine to Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, in addition to the 3D engine, for all those that have requested if they could have a 2D match view as well.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.

  16. #195
    Senior Member

    • 380 posts
    • Joined: Apr 2010
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We have now added a 2D match engine to Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, in addition to the 3D engine, for all those that have requested if they could have a 2D match view as well.

    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd.
    Great. Thanks for all the updates Dave.

  17. #196
    Junior Member

    • England
    • 9 posts
    • Joined: Dec 2016
    • From: Liverpool
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    England
    Initially thought I would prefer a 2D display, but I'm getting used to, and quite enjoying, the 3D now. It would be better to get a side of pitch view, but that's something for future releases I guess.

    One thing I have had twice now is playing as Exeter Chiefs my scrum half has run the ball from a ruck near the 22 back over my try line and out of play.

    Also when playing against Saracens their 9 was down on the floor after a previous phase some distance away from the new ruck, then suddenly had the ball in his hands without going anywhere near the ruck. Twice in one game.

  18. #197
    Member

    • England
    • 80 posts
    • Joined: Nov 2014
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Gloucester
    ABSOLUTELY loving the 2D match view much better than the 3D view.

  19. #198
    Junior Member

    • Wales
    • 21 posts
    • Joined: Dec 2016
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Ok so my Colts have got to game day and they have have less than 23 fit players available. From what I can tell me game is now stuck. I can't sign any youngsters but I can't progress without 23 players.

  20. #199
    Verified Account

    Dave's Avatar

    • 379 posts
    • Joined: Oct 2014
    • From: United Kingdom
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
    Ok so my Colts have got to game day and they have have less than 23 fit players available. From what I can tell me game is now stuck. I can't sign any youngsters but I can't progress without 23 players.
    You will need to buy players from a Colts league from the Transfer List, Loan List or Out of Contract List.
    Scouting from these lists is immediate.
    Just make sure you select a Colts league in the Select League section
    of Assign Scout.
    I hope this is helpful and that you are enjoying the game.
    Kind Regards
    Dave
    Customer Support
    Alternative Software Ltd

  21. #200
    Junior Member

    • England
    • 9 posts
    • Joined: Dec 2016
    • From: Liverpool
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    England
    Just had the same thing happen again - my scrum half runs the ball out of play for no reason, this time from pretty much my ten metre line, to back over my try line and out. Any fix for this Dave?

+ Post a Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.