+ Post a Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

• England
    • 1,205 posts
    • Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
    Exeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles119 View Post
    Just watched the Exeter v Blues game. But one sided, especially in the close contact. Apart from 20 minutes or so in the second half when Exeter went to sleep.

Impressed by the Simmonds brothers, especially Sam the back row 7. If his development and opportunity keep on the same path, he could well be a name to add to growing list of young hopes for a international English 7.

Dreams and optimism the food of all hopeful fans...
    Sam was seriously impressive in the Singha 7s, unbelievable pace and power. Even as a Chiefs supporter, I kinda hope we don't sign Kvesic so that Simmonds can really develop. Not an out and out 7, but an outstanding athlete.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• England
    • 236 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Harlequins
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyBeastTeague View Post
    Sam was seriously impressive in the Singha 7s, unbelievable pace and power. Even as a Chiefs supporter, I kinda hope we don't sign Kvesic so that Simmonds can really develop. Not an out and out 7, but an outstanding athlete.
    Sam Simmonds was one of the players I really wanted to see get some game time after the 7s. He looked immense against the Blues.

As you say, might be better to give him a shot rather than spend money on Kvesic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BPM View Post
    From a Quins point of view, I'm looking forward to seeing whether a few of our young backs get a look in - I'm hoping to see Mikalcius, Aspland-Robinson, Ibitoye and Lang.

Aaron Morris should definitely get some game time, so I'm also interested to see how he shapes up as a possible long-term successor to Brown.

From a more general perspective, there's a few I'm keen to see:

Bath - Jack Walker (when fit)

Exeter - Maunder, Simmonds

Leicester - Evans

Newcastle - Chick

Northampton - Ludlam

Sale - Tom & Ben Curry, Nott, Mitchell and Charnley

Saracens - Isiekwe, Malins, Taylor

Wasps - Ehiodze, Willis

Worcester - Kitchener, Taylor
    So far, I'm pleased with how many of the players I wanted to see have come in and done well.

Simmonds, Evans, Curry (x2) and Willis have all looked good so far which bodes well for the future of our back row post Robshaw and Haskell.

I think at least some of them - most likely the Currys - will see some game time in the AP of the back of their LV showings which is great news.

• England
    • 1,838 posts
    • Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
    Bath
    Anyone getting in on what promises to be a mediocre mudbath at the Rec ... ?

+ Post a Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.