Best Number 8 in World Rugby

+ Post a Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

• Scotland
    • 269 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Glasgow
    Can't believe Sergio Parisse isn't featuring considering his ability to carry a poor team. I would kill to have him in the Scotland team and believe his inclusion would give us a great chance of finishing 3rd in the 6N

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• Wales
    • 24 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Wales
    Vunipola for me ... far from the complete package, but what he does bring to the table has such benefit to a team, you cant leave him out.

• England
    • 162 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Gloucester
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint4805 View Post
    Can't believe Sergio Parisse isn't featuring considering his ability to carry a poor team. I would kill to have him in the Scotland team and believe his inclusion would give us a great chance of finishing 3rd in the 6N
    Agree he should be in the mix - suspect he suffers from lack of visibility and playing for a poor national side (and some of the natural bias).
    I guess he's a little past his best now too but in his pomp, I'd say he had to be in anyone's top 5.

• England
    • 1,137 posts
    • Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
    Bath
    Lack of visibility? Parisse? - more likely the precise opposite; he' by far the best player in his country; and carries them on his back on occassion; his day is past now and not even close to the best in Europe; but his visibility means that he's still suggested for threads like this.
    A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything

• England
    • 162 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Gloucester
    Quote Originally Posted by Which Tyler View Post
    Lack of visibility? Parisse? - more likely the precise opposite; he' by far the best player in his country; and carries them on his back on occassion; his day is past now and not even close to the best in Europe; but his visibility means that he's still suggested for threads like this.
    My point about lack of visibility is that he plays in France (how many posters watch French rugby regularly?) and Italian matches are hardly the stand out games for neutrals.
    E.g. Who watches Italian AIs?
    Or say you have the chance to watch two 6 Nation games of a weekend - you watch your own team (obviously) and then (assuming you have the option) you pick the next best match to watch - how often will a match involving Italy qualify on that basis?
    I.e. As an Englishman I will be far more likely to see Heaslip or Faletau play than Parisse.

I'd say it's his brilliance (albeit somewhat in the past now) that means he's still discussed on threads like these.

I'd also say he's carried Italy on his back for most of his career.

• Argentina
    • 789 posts
    • Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
    CASI
    Isa is an extraordinary ball carrier, but I prefer Lobbe all the time; he knows his job very well.
    The Future is ours.

• England
    • 43 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    I reckon there's a Number 8 who's second choice for his team in club rugby in Wales that's probably the best 8 in the world..

• Wales
    • 24 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyH View Post
    I reckon there's a Number 8 who's second choice for his team in club rugby in Wales that's probably the best 8 in the world..
    I reckon, reckoning may not be your strong point. Your probably better at unwarranted sarcasm.

• Wales
    • 1,832 posts
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Ospreys
    Quote Originally Posted by Superalexmarket View Post
    Isa is an extraordinary ball carrier, but I prefer Lobbe all the time; he knows his job very well.
    Classic mix for Argentina would be 6.Lobbe 7.Matera 8.Isa with Leguizamon on the bench for impact

• Argentina
    • 341 posts
    • Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
    Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by welshglory View Post
    Classic mix for Argentina would be 6.Lobbe 7.Matera 8.Isa with Leguizamon on the bench for impact

legui is getting old. during the SR season he looked slow

+ Post a Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.