Top 14 day 24

+ Post a Reply

• France
    • 3,437 posts
    • Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
    Montpellier

Top 14 day 24

This weekends fixtures only 3days left before playoffs, except of course for Montpellier, Castres and the 2 Paris teams who now have to play thier postponed games(= farce). A little more difficult than last weekend where most got it wrong, with surprise wins by Lyon at Castres and Brive at Clermont so we could see 2 or 3 away wins this weekend. We again are playing on Sunday, Easter Sunday so can't see crowds being present against bottom of the TOP 14 and relegated Bayonne.

Date
    Domicile Score Extérieur Infos
    Samedi 15 Avril Toulon
    14h45 Castres
    Voir les détails
    Samedi 15 Avril Brive
    18h30 Bordeaux-Bègles
    Voir les détails
    Samedi 15 Avril Paris
    18h30 Pau
    Voir les détails
    Samedi 15 Avril Grenoble
    18h30 Clermont
    Voir les détails
    Samedi 15 Avril Lyon
    20h45 La Rochelle
    Voir les détails
    Dimanche 16 Avril Montpellier
    12h30 Bayonne
    Voir les détails
    Dimanche 16 Avril Toulouse
    17h00 Racing 92
    Voir les détails

Last edited by gaston le gaff; 17-04-17 at 06:05 AM.
    Like this topic? Share it:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• England
    • 38 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Well after my prediction fiasco last week (clearly Brive didn't appreciate ASM making 15 changes from the European Cup side that disposed of Toulon), I predict home wins all the way, except I expect ASM not to want to fall any further off the pace; also, I expect Racing to get something from crisis torn Toulouse.

• France
    • 3,437 posts
    • Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
    Montpellier
    home wins for all bar La Rochelle with French prop Antonio playing lock that's different cant see them using him in the lineouts, lifting 150kgs could be a problem, and Clermont should see off Grenoble as they have little left in the tank after their drubbing chez nous last weekend 54-14
    Last edited by gaston le gaff; 15-04-17 at 06:33 AM.

Cymro The White

• Wales
    • 13,878 posts
    • Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
    Barbarians
    Hoping for Toulon to put Castres away ... but with Toulon you never know what's coming out of the mansion!

Follow TRF on Twitter and Facebook

• France
    • 3,437 posts
    • Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
    Montpellier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF_Cymro View Post
    Hoping for Toulon to put Castres away ... but with Toulon you never know what's coming out of the mansion!
    you got that one right they do not loose many at home we are on at 12.30 today v Bayonne so i'm about to leave to do my duties

• France
    • 3,437 posts
    • Mentioned
      14 Post(s)
    Montpellier
    Montpellier qualify for the play-offs with 3 games left, Toulouse are out for the 1st time in 40yrs, and need to get their house in order, Brive go down at home to Bordeaux a bit of a surprise, and Clermont and Stade Francais run riot at Grenoble and Stade home to Pau, there are 1/2dozen teams seeking that last play-off place with 2 days left. Can Montpellier get past Clermont and have a direct road to the semis??? Only thing decided at the moment Bayonne and Grenoble are playing Pro D2
    next season.

• France
    • 1,728 posts
    • Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
    Toulouse
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston le gaff View Post
    Toulouse are out for the 1st time in 40yrs, and need to get their house in order .
    We will.

Meanwhile looking around there's not one team that's looking like taking our mantle. Can't see any of the current T14 clubs emulating our record of league+Europe titles AND produce internationals worthy of GSs.

Looks to me the throne will be vacant for a long time. Unless we take it back ourselves.
    Last edited by FrenchFan; 17-04-17 at 11:43 AM.

• England
    • 38 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFan View Post
    We will.

Meanwhile looking around there's not one team that's looking like taking our mantle. Can't see any of the current T14 clubs emulating our record of league+Europe titles AND produce internationals worthy of GSs.

Looks to me the throne will be vacant for a long time. Unless we take it back ourselves.
    Aw I don't know. I have a feeling that ASM will get over the line in one, other or both either this season or next. So much top quality coming through the academy mixed with astute older heads.

• France
    • 1,728 posts
    • Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
    Toulouse
    Just look up for your own information the number of finals Clermont have flunked.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But for that to happen Clermont would need to actually bring home some silverware. And not just 'next season'. Hey about this season.

I have a lot of time for Clermont as a club and its fans. They are the only club around that could prove me wrong. the rest are just ******* into the wind. Look at Racing with their recruitment and their pitiful ONE league title in 15 years.

Hope this is Clermont's year. Else they won't be remembered as they should be.
    Last edited by FrenchFan; 17-04-17 at 10:06 PM.

• England
    • 38 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFan View Post
    Just look up for your own information the number of finals Clermont have flunked.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But for that to happen Clermont would need to actually bring home some silverware. And not just 'next season'. Hey about this season.

I have a lot of time for Clermont as a club and its fans. They are the only club around that could prove me wrong. the rest are just ******* into the wind. Look at Racing with their recruitment and their pitiful ONE league title in 15 years.

Hope this is Clermont's year. Else they won't be remembered as they should be.
    Having followed Clermont for the last 3 seasons, I'm painfully aware of that particular millstone, as is any ASM supporter. I take the view that if you keep knocking at the door, sooner or later you'll get in. They are a fantastic club from top to bottom, but that alone doesn't win you anything, but I think they're as close as they've ever been, with real strength in depth, chiefly because of some superb prospects from the academy, in particular Itturia, Jedrasiak, Penaud & potentially the most exciting of the lot (in my humble opinion) Aliveretti Raka, who could sidestep someone in a phone box.

+ Post a Reply
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.