Champions Cup SF. 2 - Munster Rugby v Saracens

+ Post a Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• England
    • 2,389 posts
    • Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
    England
    I normally take a very on the fence approach, but with the Munster guys giving it...
    Saracens by at least 12. You Leinster wannabies are gonna be smashed and if we don't win by at least 9 we've been kind on you. *Insert obvious Munster joke about them being inbred*

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

• Japan
    • 4,228 posts
    • Mentioned
      23 Post(s)
    Munster
    Oh me oh my it is great to be an underdog in a European Semi again boys. The hour of the wolf pack is over. The age of men who constantly look furious to the point they look a tad Asian is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaffycen View Post
    I normally take a very on the fence approach, but with the Munster guys giving it...
    Saracens by at least 12. You Leinster wannabies are gonna be smashed and if we don't win by at least 9 we've been kind on you. *Insert obvious Munster joke about them being inbred*
    That's it son. Off the fence and welcome into the realm of Irish arrogance that will make you wish someone would relocate us 1000km to the west. After we chin check the overrated, generally slated and widely hated Saracens I'll make a donation to the World Wildlife Fund to protect endangered species like Saracens fans. Tell yo boy Owen Farrell to bring his air plugs, he's so used to playing in graveyards like Twickenham and the Allianz, he could become distressed. Hey, if Saracens run into financial difficulties they could always rent out seats to NASA on gameday so their astronauts can simulate the silence they'll experience in the vacuum of space. Sadly that won't save them from the comprehensive 2 point finger****ing they're going to receive in Dublin next week. Will be a fine day for the parish.
    For real though I would be kinda confident if we had Murray next week. I don't think we're as much of an underdog as people are saying, but I really am not sure what to expect. I can vividly see us dominating in the first 20 as much as I can see Sarries running in two easy tries. We've been pretty hit and miss in our last few games while still getting the result. Will need to be one of those special European days.
    Last edited by Groundhog; 17-04-17 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigs Man View Post
    Ooh yes Nil me daddy :O

Tigs Man 10/12/16
    Earth dog+ Lion Boy Most Honourable Chairmen of Sunwolves very good club society
    Saracens have no fans

• Russian Federation
    • 1,108 posts
    • Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
    Barbarians
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alpha Bro View Post
    Treviso beat Ospreys when they were second in the league and Dragons finished ahead of Worcester in their challenge cup group, Munster and Leinster have both lost to mid table sides too and Leinster, Sarries and Clermont all rested players this weekend and beat a side's 1st XV. Its also worth noting that while he's a starter for Ireland Rob Kearney doesn't make Leinster's 1st XV which will skew the most recent stat of yours in favour of England.
    Removed Kearney and it made a .5% difference.

And muffin. Just look at the point differential (points in game not table points) between the lower level teams in each league.

Also, between 8 and 9 in pro12 there is a 21 point difference while aviva it is 6. The last place team in aviva is over 40 points away from playoffs while Bristol is only 30 out.

• Ireland
    • 10,533 posts
    • Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
    Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by themole25 View Post

And muffin. Just look at the point differential (points in game not table points) between the lower level teams in each league.

Also, between 8 and 9 in pro12 there is a 21 point difference while aviva it is 6. The last place team in aviva is over 40 points away from playoffs while Bristol is only 30 out.
    As I said I won't argue as it not place if you don't agree fair enough but sorry to me there is no proof that Aviva is much different and better. So we will agree to disagree as your points on table aren't accurate of every game. That doesn't explain standards so again we will just agree to disagree but based on European games over past few years and watching with my own eyes there is no real difference in standard. If you think different fair enough.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

• Ireland
    • 1,725 posts
    • Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
    Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by themole25 View Post

You can use stats to prove anything. At the end of the day the European results show there isn't much between the leagues. Same with the top 14. Lots of big name signings but the teams are as good as the money spending would suggest.

I'd say Leinster, Saracens and Clermont are probably the 3 best teams in Europe so it's appropriate those 3 are in the semis. Munster are heading in the right direction and will be tough to beat.

• England
    • 2,389 posts
    • Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
    England
    This will be a tight game, genuinely can't see more than a score in it. We went to Toulon and beat them comfortably earlier in the year so that's got to be a confidence boost. Still i think the cousin touchers are gonna win here.

• France
    • 1,728 posts
    • Mentioned
      10 Post(s)
    Toulouse
    Quote Originally Posted by profitius View Post
    You can use stats to prove anything. At the end of the day the European results show there isn't much between the leagues. Same with the top 14. Lots of big name signings but the teams are as good as the money spending would suggest.
    Not really. Toulouse have the biggest budget and we're 12th. La Rochelle are 1st with only the 12th budget (18M). Go figure (pun intended). Never mind.

• Ireland
    • 10,533 posts
    • Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
    Munster
    15 Zebo
    14 Conway
    13 Taute
    12 Scannell R
    11 Earls
    10 Blenyendaal
    9 Williams
    8 Stander
    7 O'Donnell
    6 O'Mahony
    5 Holland
    4 Ryan
    3 Ryan
    2 Scannell N
    1 Kilcoyne

16 Marshall
    17 Cronin
    18 Archer
    19 O'Callaghan
    20 Deysel
    21 Keatley
    22 Saili
    23 Sweetnam

• Ireland
    • 1,529 posts
    • Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
    Munster
    Quote Originally Posted by munstermuffin View Post
    15 Zebo
    14 Conway
    13 Taute
    12 Scannell R
    11 Earls
    10 Blenyendaal
    9 Williams
    8 Stander
    7 O'Donnell
    6 O'Mahony
    5 Holland
    4 Ryan
    3 Ryan
    2 Scannell N
    1 Kilcoyne

16 Marshall
    17 Cronin
    18 Archer
    19 O'Callaghan
    20 Deysel
    21 Keatley
    22 Saili
    23 Sweetnam
    Who is the scrumhalf cover?

• Ireland
    • 10,533 posts
    • Mentioned
      22 Post(s)
    Munster
    Conway plays there weekly in training and Keatley has played there in past. No fear. Duncan is flying it regardless.

• England
    • 462 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Toulouse
    Can't see Munster winning this. They've not had any class opposition to play at home until now and I believe they'll be on the receiving end by at least 12 points.

• Ireland
    • 1,725 posts
    • Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
    Munster
    Saracens are favourites but Munster have quality throughout the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFan View Post
    Not really. Toulouse have the biggest budget and we're 12th. La Rochelle are 1st with only the 12th budget (18M). Go figure (pun intended). Never mind.
    I ment to say the teams are NOT as good as the money would suggest. Toulouse being the main example indeed.

• Ireland
    • 374 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Leinster
    If Saracens win it'll be amongst their best wins. Munster will be ferocious...and i mean ****ing ferocious. Munster (with home advantage being key) by 2.

• England
    • 2,389 posts
    • Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
    England
    Saracens: Alex Goode; Chris Ashton, Marcelo Bosch, Brad Barritt (capt), Sean Maitland; Owen Farrell, Richard Wigglesworth; Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, Vincent Koch; Maro Itoje, George Kruis; Michael Rhodes, Jackson Wray, Billy Vunipola

Replacements: Schalk Brits, Titi Lamositele, Petrus Du Plessis, Jim Hamilton, Schalk Burger, Ben Spencer, Alex Lozowski, Chris Wyles

Do with that Burger and Brits were starting. Wrays been fine but doesn't have an x factor, and Brits has played his best rugby in about 2 years recently.
    I look at the Munster team and on paper it doesn't scare me, but i know in Ireland that this will be one hell of a game.

• England
    • 163 posts
    • Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
    Leicester
    Apparently Duncan Williams wasn't 100% during the week though. With Keatley covering, but not playing regularly I guess scrum half has to be targeted and put under pressure.

• England
    • 2,898 posts
    • Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
    Bath
    Almost certain try goes begging due to a poor pass and poor take.
    What is the sin bin? Is it some kind of Catholic skip area?

• New Zealand
    • 6,855 posts
    • Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
    Leinster
    Can't watch this but I hope Munster take this, a Munster v Leinster final would be great, in the making for 11 years at this stage!

Edit: Not saying Ster are going to win in Lyon. Pro12 need to win this year though, there's a sequence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigs Man View Post
    Ringrose is a talent

• England
    • 1,348 posts
    • Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
    Northampton
    Good old Irish crowd

- - - Updated - - -

Really?! He was 3 foot off the floor.

• England
    • 4,134 posts
    • Mentioned
      4 Post(s)
    London Wasps
    Jesus what the hell are you supposed to do as a tackler when the carrier literally falls into your arm
    Tinkety tonk old fruit and down with the nazies

• England
    • 2,389 posts
    • Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
    England
    Player is about waist height, but you're the away team...

+ Post a Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
To reply to this topic you just need to register for a user name (it's free!)
Already a member? You need to login at the top right of this page to post a reply.